To Save The World!

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Her Penthouse, Speaking with StevenIC:

Over the years, Taylor had perfected the art of changing quickly. Thus, she came out only about thirty seconds after she left, wearing a somewhat plain blue and pink dress, with a sleeveless supersuit underneath that. "Ooh, that's pretty. You're good at making illusions, Steven. I can do the same, but I have a feeling that it's much harder for you to do it, seeing as it becomes, well... real."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC [NYC/Steven]"Real, in a few senses of the word I suppose." The bird fluttered off, appearing to slip through the window and into the New York City skyline. In actuality, it was merely an image projected against the glass, but it looked real enough. "I got plenty of practice in Peru, and then some in Britain. Got any aspirin before we go? I'm going have a **** of a headache in a few hours."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

"Yeah, I have some in my purse... I wonder what the news is going to make of me being with a guy I picked off the street..." said Taylor with a laugh. "Well, they should call any moment to say to come get in the limo."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC [NYC/Steven]The man shrugged and briefly pointed at himself, as he was still under illusion. "Ah, but see, I'm not some random drunk guy you pulled off of the street, I'm one of your random girlfriends or whatnot. Of course, Americans are weird, so who knows how it'll turn out."OOCI suggest we time skip to wherever you want, as chatting is cool and all but action is always cool too. :P

Edited by Sweetroll Thief Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

"True, true. Let's see, Denise Felling. That's your name. I think. I don't know... Oh, hey, speaking about getting called..." she trailed off as the phone in her pocket vibrated. "Well, let's go."OOC: Well... I have no idea what to do, actually. Maybe she gets called for hero work?

OOCI figure continue to the shoot as planned, but Steven and his magnetic attraction to highspeed collisions causes an incident.IC [NYC/Steven]"Denise Felling? Eh, it works I suppose." The man shrugged as he began following the woman out. "Funny that you can walk around outside without the media hounding you though. Illusion on your part?"

voidstars.png

"Yeah, I do that to keep my sanity. Basically, I trick everyone into not interviewing or otherwise speaking to me. Works pretty well, too. well, they speak, still. But... yeah."

IC [NYC/Steven]"Sounds reasonable enough." The man shrugged. "You know, a thought just happened to me; could I apply my illusions to other people? Never really tried it before. Should experiment sometime."OOCI suggest another timeskip to the shoot. And I'm off to bed, so don't expect much out of me until tomorrow.

voidstars.png

OOC: Wait, so... a supermodel heroine just invited a drunk male hero into her home and allowed him to rifle through her minifridge no questions asked?.... run Steven run she's clearly a demon who'll suck out your soul! FLEE WHILE YOU STILL CAN! D:NPC:The building the dastardly pair had just entered was amazingly bare, save a large TV screen on one wall and out of place control panel jutting out of the floor near the centre of the room. As they neared the centre of the room, the TV flicked itself on and displayed the image of a man in a multicoloured, sequin-covered suit: bright blonde hair and sunglasses so tinted it was amazing he could see anything at all seemed to be his only attempt to hide his identity.“Greetings fighters... I am Showtime, and the head of SuperBeing Smackdown at this time. I’m sure you haven’t merely stumbled upon our location, but we don’t have any record of anyone matching your description so your arrival is a pleasant surprise... our individual matches ended not long ago, but are you both part of other teams, or were you intending on competing as just the two of you? Most of our teams are... erhm.... larger?” the snazzily-dressed boss queried, perhaps a little suspicious of the pair but seemingly willing to overlook them: he seemed relatively desperate to have them for one reason or another.*************"How very bold of you, Sparks... stupidly bold, to try and blackmail me of all people" Mastermind growled, the costumed electrokinetic known as Sparks held in a telekinetic grip just in front of him. A number of surveillance photos taken from another location were scattered by their feet, displaying images of someone all too familiar."Y-You messed up Mastermind, killing me won't change that... you said you... urgh.... got rid of all those you took your powers from... but he's still kicking. Unless you want it spread around you're not thorough enoug- URK!" Sparks' words caught in his throat as Mastermind chose to strangle him, without even lifting a finger."Tell whoever you choose, it matters not to me... all you have done is reveal to me a loose end I need to take care of... I really should be thanking you, as I wouldn't have even been aware of it had you not brought these to me just now. But now I do know, and after the tournament I'll see to this matter. As your reward, I will not smite you for your insolence: but don’t you ever poison my environment with your presence again! This stern warning was amplified by throwing Sparks into the wall, and then producing a sizable blade of psychic energy to remove all hope the electrokinetic had of any monetary reward: simply surviving Mastermind’s wrath intact would have to suffice. Mastermind growled in annoyance as Sparks fled before raising one of the images on the floor to hang in the air in front of him... the cloak was different, but the person wearing it was the same... in a manner of speaking.“So, you’re still running about, Silver? Not for long” the psychic smirked darkly, crushing the image into an impossibly tight ball until it was unrecognisable.

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC: "Yeah, we caught some matches from the last tournament on TV, and thought it might be good for a workout," Sluice replied to Showtime in the same surly voice as before. She had decided that portraying an air of reckless overconfidence was the best way to avoid suspicions as to her and Fellwyd's late entry. "If we have to fight in teams then we'll compete as a pair. I don't think that's fair on the other teams, but whatever..."

NPC: "You have spirit... but only if that is backed by your skills in combat will that spirit matter. Fair warning: most of our teams consist of more than two and our newly crowned champion has chosen to fight all opposition alone... your chances of success will dip substaintally should you come to face him. While our rules forbid leathal force pending total disqualification, be aware that Superbeing Smackdown cannot be held responsible for any injuries, permanent or temporary that you are likely to sustain. Normally we'd ask for your entrance fee but... seeing as we so dearly need your presence right about now, I am willing to waive it for now... do not spread that around unless you wish to become a bigger target. Oh... and do enjoy your stay" Showtime gave a smirk before reaching out of view, pressing something that caused the floor to shift beneath the pair's feet. He had rambled on for a while so seemed to enjoy the sound of his own voice, but luckily his act was not malicious: a small protective 'cage' sprang up around the pair and the hidden lift they'd been standing on began to descend, down into the sublevels and lower of the facility.The elevator would stop and release the pair into a huge empty hall which was brimming with costumed Superbeing's of all types, all anxiously awaiting the supermassive screen on the far wall to blink to life. Sluice and Fellyward were hardly noticed as they screen buzzed to life, projecting numerous names upon it's surface."Now the moment you're all been waiting for: the system is scrambling the lineup to decide the order of our tournament! Watch your team carefully and good luck!" Showtime's voice rang out over a loudspeaker, as numerous clumps of names were linked together with opposing teams...OOC: This is the point where who'll be fighting who is determined: basically, if you want to introduce NPC's who'll be fighting in SuperBeing Smackdown now's the best time. Those involved (PC's or NPC's) may also wanna decide who'll smacking whom around first :D

breakdown_signature.jpg

OOC: I don't mind controlling a few extra NPCs if several people want to get involved in this. I already have one team I wanted to feature in it, be it against Sluice/Fellwyd or another team.Also, I'm adding to the sequence of events in your post, Trans, since you forgot to have someone ask Sluice and Fellwyd for their names... :PIC: Before the lift that had grown into place around the pair began moving, a small square screen on its left wall flickered into life, displaying a very basic interface:ENTER NAMES_There was a keypad beneath it. Sluice tapped in Fellwyd's name - that would be safe, as it would mean nothing to any of the contestants. Then when the prompt appeared for a second time she spent a moment in thought. What was her villainous name to be? She settled for 'Whirlpool', and once the names were entered the lift began to rattle downwards.The pair stepped out into the criminal-packed lobby. Sluice scanned the crowd, wondering if she might recognise any of the villains that were taking part. But before she could get a thorough look, the large monitor above them all began to light up with the details of the first round of matchups. Sluice spotted their own aliases fairly quickly:

Fellwyd & Whirlpool vs. Pyroclast & Mage

She didn't know either of their opponents, although by the sound of it at least one of them was pyrokinetic...

Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): The alien looked up at the screen displaying the match they would be involved in. He was still a little nervy from the lift ride, as, with his translator lagging due to the unfamiliar accent it was forced to deal with, he'd had no idea what was going on."Someone appears to enjoy theatrics," the alien grumbled, looking around the room at the other contestants.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "I suppose it's become a cultural thing, all this dressing up and adopting aliases that we humans do," mused Sluice loudly in response to Fellwyd's grumble. The chatter in the room had grown after the list of matchups had appeared - many were irritated, others eager. The room was not very well lit and its walls were somewhat grimy. The contestants weren't much better either; some evidently valued personal hygiene more than others."It says up there that our first battle is going to be against a pair of villains called Pyroclast and Mage," she informed Fellwyd, as the thought suddenly hit her that the alien couldn't read English. "'Pyro' means fire, so it's probable that Pyroclast has fire-related powers. I'm not sure about the other, though. At least it's going to be two-on-two, those sound like fair odds to me..."

Edited by Kumata

OOC: I'd be willing to play as that Pyroclast character. Unless you were already planning on it. Sounds like fun. =3Also, it wasn't exactly no questions asked... XD Anyways, maybe make up a few villain NPCs who are wreaking havoc across whom Steven and Taylor could stumble?

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, En Route to Model ShootIC:

Well, they were in the limo, and they were getting close to the place where Taylor would do the thing. Unless they ran into something. Wouldn't be surprising, as Steven was in the car.

OOCSounds good; also allows me to have Steven test out an extension of his powers. Always ready to take more risk when life and death is on the line.IC [NYC/Steven]The universe apparently was in the mood for some therapeutic smashing of Steven, so indeed something did happen. The limo was going down the darkened streets of NYC when there was a great roar, a crash, and then the limo was upside down. It certainly caught Steven off guard, his illusion snapping as the limo skidded on the hard pavement before screeching to a halt.It took him a few seconds before he could think straight. Thankfully he wasn't drunk enough to hallucinate, but the slight fog in his head didn't help any. He looked at Tayler, helping/pulling her out of the limo as he looked around.Geokinetics. That was the only explanation for the massive rift of rock and dirt and concrete next to the limo. Two shapes were escaping from a building, lugging bags. Supervillains were always flashy when they did these sorts of things, so Steven wasn't surprised that they used a wave of bedrock to smash open a door."Brilliant..." He muttered quietly.

voidstars.png

OOC: Ah, okay. Well, then... Shows that I'm way out of the loop. So, how exactly do we get NPCs approved and such? XD

OOC: You don't have to get them approved, you can just make them (Alex Humva just did it above me.) However it's best to follow the regular rules for creating PCs, because I'm sure TPTI doesn't want us creating time-manipulators and such! Edited by Kumata

OOC: Alright, well, should I PM you the names for a teams of three in that thing?

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City Streets, Fighting Random Villain NPCsIC:

"Thanks, Steven," Taylor said, rubbing her head. She quickly moved to the driver's seat and helped their chauffeur from within it. After making sure he was fine, she said, "Urgh... Here, Gerard, get somewhere safe."Once that was through, she turned to see the running villains. Seeing one that was exceptionally humongous and another that probably caused the rift in the earth, she sighed, "Well, seems some villains popped into our lives."

IC [NYC/Steven]"I'd say so." Steven scowled. "I'm not a hero, but I think in this case I can lend my powers towards stopping these people. They did just about kill me after all."With that self serving comment Steven launched himself towards the fleeing villains, an illusion taking shape around him. To the villains, a violent storm of shadows had formed, dark night blue light coming from the center of it. It felt evil, and it was enough to make the duo pause in fright before taking off with renewed vigor, the geokinetic unleashing another rift in the ground even as Steven took after them.

voidstars.png

IC(Fellwyd): "It would seem, then, that the unknown is more worrying - the other can be planned against, but an unknown factor leaves no room for preemptive strategising."The alien decided to reduce the volume for the output from his translator, in order to make it more difficult for potential enemies to overhear any plans they may devise. While the low, grumbling voice that spoke an alien language was still clearly audible, the electronic voice speaking in English that followed it a second later was now only audible within about a five foot radius.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Most people wouldn't think it to meet him, but Omega was actually one of the more experienced heroes of the current generation. He'd gotten his powers when he was eight years old, during a supervillain attack, but his 'Omega form' always appeared as an adult male, possibly because that's how he imagined himself as a hero even then. Well, minus the void-black body, flaming, orange aura, white eyes and kirby dots, but some things just happen.

OOC: If I’m reading this correctly, then this means Omega is technically the TSTVerse equivalent of Captain Marvel, albeit a bit more grown up. :PIC:Skyra dove to the side, riding on a whirlwind that sent him spiraling and spinning out of the way of the plasma bolts. He circled around Plasmafire, sending the winds spinning up around him. But instead of trying to wear Plasmafire down with intense winds, Skyra was instead pulling the air away, trying to trap Plasmafire within a vacuum.Fade dropped down into a dive, rolling into a landing behind Kaneme. The psychic turned to face Fade, one arm rested casually on the hilt of his blade. He paused, glancing over towards Plasmafire's battle."Hmm... trying to contain Longshot with that plasma dome like that," Kaname muttered, almost giving little regard towards Fade. "I really ought to throw her into that inferno he's holding her in just to teach that fool a lesson, but I need Longshot for the moment. Her accuracy will prove most useful in guiding the others' assault on Frigid, even if the girl herself is broken.""...You're doing that thing where you're talking. Stop it. I already don't like you, and the more you talk the more I'm reminded why," Fade growled back. "Now, I can stop Frigid, that's a promise. But right now it's all hinging on how cooperative you're planning on being. You can help me take her down, or you can be in my way.""And yet, you are placing yourself in the way of my plans as well. It would appear we've reached an impasse," said Sakeme, amused. "Fortunately, this problem can be easily rectified..."With the he waved a hand, psychic energy surrounding Fade and flinging him backwards. Fade slammed against the wall with a crunch, leaving a think indentation where he'd landed. As Fade groaned on the ground and staggered to his feet, Sakeme calmly unsheathed his katana and marched forwards, ready to finish off Fade while he was down...---Hivemind’s vision was blurring in and out, but she could just make out Gap’s wormhole forming by the front gates. Bit of a small target for her to hit, but now wasn’t the sort of day to be picky. Hivemind’s foot stamped down on the pedal, the sound of squealing tires filling the air. The wormhole drew closer in her vision, hands struggling at the wheel to keep on course. The pain was growing too much to handle, and her vision was starting to fade. Hivemind slumped over, her head banging against the steering wheel as she vanished through the portal...---Tornado surrounded himself in a whirlwind, flinging himself out of the wormhole as it formed behind him. Fury burned in his eyes as he whirled about, searching for Gap. Then a noise filled the air, loud enough even over the roar of the twisters, coming from within the wormhole....bbbbbeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeppppp...!Twin pairs of lights fell upon Tornado, and something sleek, yellow, and above all big came speeding from the wormhole towards him. The sports car bounced as it’s tires hit the cold stone floor, the horn blaring the entire time. Tornado tried to summon the winds to his aid, to no avail. He’d already put too much of his effort into spinning the cyclones; he had nothing left to slow down something already designed with aerodynamics in mind. Without any other options Tornado desperately tried to fling himself out of the path of the onrushing vehicle, but there simply wasn’t enough time. The sports car slammed right into Tornado and tossed him aside like a ragdoll. The sportcar sped right on across the hall, going into a spin as it screeched to a halt...---Archmage groaned as she pulled herself to her feet; getting smacked against that energy shield had hurt. Fortunately, it had also freed her from Omega's makeshift prison, and she was determined to take advantage of that. She broke into a run towards the hole she'd made in the wall, firing off a few parting shots Omega's way while he was still recovering.[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Urgh, sorry for the delay, guys, I've been having Internet issues. (Technically I've been having issues since the site came back up, but I might finally get them fixed this week, so the point it moot.)Yeah, sorry it wasn't clear, ToD, but Kumata had me slated for that first battle since before I knew they were entering SuperBeing Smackdown. He picked a few of my more obscure NPCs and thought they'd make good opponents. Actually, I've been meaning to revist those two characters for some time now, so it works out pretty well, I guess.IC: (League Headquarters - Loadstone's Area)Luckily for Mystic, Loadstone decided not to do any tricks while flying - partially because there was really no way to hold Mystic to the board, partially because she was making such a noise that even Sluice seemed to love flying with him by comparison.Once above ground, he sped off down the hall, Mystic clinging to him hard enough to cut off the circulation in his arm. "Can you tell where they are?" he called back over his shoulder, hopefully loud enough to be heard over Mystic's wail...IC: (League Headquarters - Aquarius' Area)Ultionis stood no chance of getting anywhere near Aquarius with Spex hovering over him, assessing his injuries and trying to lift him without causing any more damage to his three bullet wounds. Before he could get within a yard of Aquarius, Spex gave Ultionis a level look and blasted him square in the chest with twin bursts of blue energy.The thing about Spex's energy vision was that he was able to alter the solidity of the energy, depending on whether he wanted the beams to slice through their target or strike it with a solid impact. It was one of the latter he hit Ultionis with, the beams having enough force to blast the government agent back down a good portion of the hall.---Maple-Man had been expecting Grau's attack, or a similar-enough variation of it that he was able to avoid a quite painful stabbing. Having been on high alert since the phaser had sunk through the floor, the Hero had seen Grau appear out of the corner of his eye and ducked to the side, the blade narrowly scraping his arm instead of plunging through his chest. Spinning as he ducked, Maple-Man somersaulted directly into Grau's legs.The end result was simple - either Grau was solid enough for Maple-Man to knock his legs out from under him, or else he was going to pass right through him. That was one of the few things the Hero was reasonably sure of when dealing with phasers - once they were intangible, they couldn't afford to return to a tangible state while something occupied the same space. There was no chance of Grau suddenly turning tangible if he passed through him; on a molecular level, turning tangible would splice the two beings together, causing as much damage (if not more) to Grau as to Maple-Man. If he was willing to sacrifice his legs in order to kill Maple-Man, then...well, then the guy had some seriously wierd priorities.IC: (Soundless)This was an interesting turn of events. The night wasn't necessarily going in Soundless' favor, but it was certainly interesting to watch. It was obvious that the Heroes had been hunting for this "Theodore Larson" for some time now, and this meeting had been a setup to finally catch him.For his part, Theo looked unsurprised and thoroughly unimpressed. "Do you really think it's gonna be that easy?" he asked Solanis, his voice heavy with scorn. "They call me 'Teddy' for a reason, ya know." With an animalistic growl, the gangster began to swell, fur sprouting from all over his body as he grew in both size and muscle mass. In seconds a hulking, bearlike creature towered where an unkempt thug had stood before. It wasn't a bear, persay - its clawed front paws were far too hand-like, and its body had too much of an apelike quality about it to be completely ursine, but a bear was the easiest way to describe it.The police were backing away now, gangsters forgotten as they trained their guns on the monster in their midst. It didn't look like they upper hand any more...OOC: You know, I only recently realized that I've been saying Soundless has twin katana, when all along I've been picturing scimitar. *facepalm* If nobody minds, I'll go back and edit the profile/handful of times I've mentioned them.Also, if I can I'd like to get Soundless on this TPTI-plot bandwagon. I'm basically just killing time with him right now...IC: (Psionick)Nicholas massaged his temples as the car wove through downtown Washington traffic. As much as he would deny it, he had a splitting headache, still felt slightly woozy, and would rather be anywhere than speeding toward a SuperVillain rampaging. Well, maybe not anywhere; he'd gotten himself into plenty of dangerous situations he didn't necessarily wish himself back into.Taking an enormous gulp of coffee, he turned to Agent Johnson. "What do we know about this Super?" he asked, wishing his voice didn't sound so loud in his own ears."Well, from what reports came in, he's some sort of fabric-manipulator," Johnson replied, twisting the steering wheel as he navigated around another car. "Last I checked in he was in the vicinity of the ISNN Studios.""Is it too much to hope that he just wants to make headlines?" Nicholas joked with a grimace. He was never going to touch alchohol again...IC: (NPC - Zaparus)"I'm sorry, Ken, but I must indulge myself vhile I can," Zaparus replied with a small smile. "From my perspective, it vas ze only vay to get through zat flight."Inquisitor's smile never touched his eyes. "I'm sure there will plenty for both of you to drink during your stay in Washington," he said. "Speaking of which, where exactly will you be staying?""I'm not," Zaparus explained. "Unfortunately, I have other engagements elsevhere, and I cannot stay much longer zen ze tour. As much as I vould like to stay, I vill be back in ze air before ze day is out.""Oh, such a shame," Inquisitor said with a small frown. "I vaguely remember that the ISNN was willing to pay your hotel fare.""How kind of zem," Zaparus said, sounding touched. He was pulling off this disguise perfectly...~Lord Rahl~

OOC: That is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote it! :P I just couldn't figure out a way to work in the sentence "He'd had a bit of a 'Captain Marvel' thing going for a while." IC: Omega stared for a moment. "You can't just run away!" He exclaimed. "We were in the middle of a fight!" He hurriedly formed a shield in front of himself, well aware that it would strain his abused brain even further if it got hit, and zoomed forward, essentially using himself as a battering ram. Thankfully she was busy running, and shooting from the hip is the kind of thing that only works in movies or if you're ridiculously well trained. In fact Omega knew he wouldn't hit her - she was way too agile - but when she inevitably dodged around, he would stop himself just by the hole she had made. She wouldn't get out that easily. Assuming, y'know, climbing up a hole in the ceiling was easy...|H-D|NPC: Ultionis' armor was built to take some fairly serious punishment. The villain's blast had hit him right in the armored chest, so he'd probably just have bruised ribs for a while, but getting bounced halfway across the room was... non-optimal. There was an upside, though. When he rolled to a halt, he placed one hand over the side of his head and lay still for a few moments. With that hand he activated the communicator the League had lent him and whispered, "Keep the villains away from Aquarius. I have an idea." (H-D)IC: "Roger that," came the reply, just as another player entered the game - or, rather, re-entered. Fully repaired and ready to fight, Shard stepped through the door, grinning broadly, and looked up at the villain with the glasses. The phaser seemed distracted already, so it was just a matter of keeping this one busy. Easy. With that in mind he launched himself off the ground and zoomed at the villain, drawing back a fist for a nice, heavy blow to the gut...*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: Assuming the current deal at the League mansion wraps up in time, I wouldn't mind getting Mystic involved with this thing.IC:Still trying to keep herself just on the edge of panic, Mystic just barely registered Loadstone's question. She focused on her mental map of the League headquarters, projecting into Loadstone's mind and directing his attention towards the corridor where she was picking up the minds of the fleeing villains. Mental communication seemed easiest in this situation; it saved her time having to explain things to Loadstone, not to mention the more focused she was on his mind, the less she was focused on just how little there was to stop her from being flung off this piece of scrap at high velocity.As best I can tell, this is where most of the fighting is taking place. Ultionus, Shard, and Maple-Man are currently occupied attempting to hold them off, Mystic spoke into Loadstone's head. It also looks like the Coalition has slipped some reinforcements past our defenses; I'm sensing at least two additional minds in the fight.---Archmage took a few shots at Omega's shield, figuring based on his previous annoyance that she might be able to wear him down if she kept it up. Then she ducked out of the way, rolling to the side as the shield came dangerously close to hitting her. Omega was blocking her path out, but Archmage wasn't about to let that stop her. She spun about and blasted a new hole through the wall, sprinting forwards to jump through her newly created exit.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: I've got one that hasn't done anything yet that could do with some plot-stuff.I've also got another character who really needs to just go ahead and arrive at the ground floor already.IC(Mr. No-One): As soon as the CIA agent reached the bottom of the stairs, he saw that the situation had become a complete mess. By the looks of things, two new villains had joined the action - one of them appeared to be a phaser, while the other had been in the process of blasting Ultionis down the hall when Mr. No-One entered the room. Taking half a second to choose between the intangible prancer or the man blasting an armored super-trooper with his eyes, he took aim and fired, hoping a bullet or three might convince the villain to keep his eyes to himself. One of the bullets was aimed at the villain's left shoulder, another at his lower abdomen, and the third, just to hedge his bets, would be on its way to his head in the unlikely scenario that the bullet didn't get blasted out of the air.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC:

So how many people have characters wanting to get in on the plot?

Wait, which plot we talking about? I'm confused. Regardless I want Skyra in. And probably Dreamcatcher too. :PIC: SkyraSkyra made his way to the battle. As he descended the stairs, he spotted Mr. No-One. Skyra eyed the two new villains. The intangible guy seemed to be an issue, as trying to hit someone who could phase was...difficult. But Skyra knew how to deal with phaser...the thing is, they couldn't hit this guy, but like most living things, he needed to breathe. Skyra began to focus on taking the air away from around the phaser's head, following his movements, he created a vacuum around the phaser. Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: As I said, I'm hoping to get Gadgeteer in on this plot (@ Snelly, TPTI has only told us that he has a plot in mind, not what it's going to be) assuming it makes sense for him to be part of it.Regarding Superbeing Smackdown, not to deter anyone from participating but me and Trans were planning on working on a tournament arc later on, open for most characters to get involved in. So no objections to controlling NPCs but if you think you'd prefer playing PCs in a tournament then just give it time. :biggrin: If you did have NPCs you wanted to enter/play as then give Transairion a PM, as it's his plot so he's best suited to manage who he wants fighting whom.Oh, and here's Psionick. I really struggled regarding how much of Nicholas was visible underneath the psionic armour. Hopefully I found a good balance!

PsionickArmour.png

IC: "I agree. When our match begins, let me launch an attack at 'Mage' first. It might goad him into revealing his powers immediately." Something occurred to Sluice. "Are you much resistant to fire and heat at all? If a fireball about this big-" She formed a snowball between her hands to demonstrate- "were to hit you, would it burn you very badly?" Since Fellwyd was more of a melee fighter and she specialised in long-range attacks, Sluice had considered providing defense against the pyrokinetic for her alien ally. But it would help to know how much defense was needed, for she didn't want to waste energy covering him when it might be more helpful elsewhere.IC: Gap, too, was too drained of energy to do more than jump out of the way of the spinning sports car. With a good few seconds' more notice than Tornado had had, her evasive attempt was much more successful. She brushed the edge of a cyclone as she leapt, being dragged in the wake of its winds and slammed rather weakly against a wall. Behind her the wormhole shrunk out of existence, preventing Tornado (should he somehow have the strength) from making a quick exit.After a few seconds spent to catch her breath (and gather the focus to continue ignoring the throbbing injuries around her body) Gap turned around and strode towards the sports car.IC: "Just those, please."The several people dotted around the small convenience store retained their positions amongst the aisles, some with food products in hand - but none took their eyes off of the bronze-and-gold coloured figure that stood before the counter."Um, sure. That's $16.69," said the shopkeeper, the anxiety evident in his voice. Gadgeteer's appearance in his shop had unnerved him; he had been expecting a robbery. The truth, however, was simply that after a long, stressful day Viktor Borislav wanted something to eat and drink. Being a wanted man, he did not want to risk exposing his face on any security cameras - he had grown his facial hair in the month or so he'd been on the run from the government, but why take the risk when he had a metal mask to hide behind?A panel opened up on Gadgeteer's leg, revealing an ordinary pair of shorts underneath. His armoured hand reached into the pocket and withdrew a note, passing it over to the shopkeeper."There. Keep the change." It wasn't out of any kindness that Viktor offered it, he just hated the rattling noise loose coins made whilst underneath the armour. Scooping up the purchased items in his arms, he marched out of the shop. Now he just needed a secluded spot to eat it all...

Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): The alien considered the problem for a few moments."It would likely take time for flesh below the outer layer of scales to begin burning, but the damage would be done eventually."He couldn't really give an estimate of how long it would take for serious burns, given that it was more dependent on the heat of the fire than the area covered by it, but he was reasonably confident that his thick skin and scales could buy him a few seconds.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: All around the world, wherever humanity had settled they had brought screens with them. Billboards in cities with their animated displays of scrolling pixels, information displays in public centres riddled with numbers and times, and even humble televisions sitting in homes around the world.But for the next few minutes every single screen on the planet was showing the same image. An image that would have selachophobes running for cover. For the image was of a shark, specifically a frilled shark, staring into the camera with a piercing green eye and a gaping mouth turned up into an almost benign grin except it was filled with row upon row of spine-like teeth. Two nozzles fed water over its lacy gills, nozzles that connected to an exoskeletal suit styled after human, specifically human female, physiology. Apparently someone had decided sharks just weren't dangerous enough, they needed to have power armour that gave them limbs and let them live outside water."Greetings," said the shark, "My name is Lady Hexas. I have hacked into your communications satellites to deliver a simple request. I wish to be given full access to the UN files on Operation Lockdown. Computer data, hard copies on paper, everything. You will deliver this to the town of Taiji in Japan within twelve hours. Because you see, my request has an ultimatum." The green eye narrowed, "If you do not respond within the time limit, I will destroy a city. I haven't decided which one yet, but rest assured I'll pick one of the heavily populated ones. And then I will level it to the ground. You have twelve hours. Clock's ticking."The screens cut black before resuming their normal views...

Edited by The Dreadful Flying Glove

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: You just had to pick the weirdest, most primitive species of shark known to man.IC(Whistler): "What? No, I'm sorry, what?"Under normal circumstances, Bruce Airey wasn't particularly prone to talking to himself - prone to dressing up like some kind of mad piper and punching criminals, sure, but not talking to himself.Normal circumstances did not involve a talking fish hijacking a perfectly good game of Solitaire.Circumstances involving said fish interrupting the aforementioned game were thus more likely to involve Mr. Airey, a rather wealthy, sometimes well-dressed, and indisputably well-mannered businessman, talking to himself.A few minutes later, Airey had changed into a set of clothes rather more suited to such circumstances, and, pointy red shoes making a distinctive clacking sound, made his way to a car of indeterminate model (but decidedly sturdy), and, revving the engine once, drove off, dialing the official number for the British branch of the League (no-one, not even he, was quite certain of how he'd gotten ahold of the number), as he quite sensibly realised that this wasn't quite anybody else's department, with the exception of himself, because delusions of grandeur and/or adequacy know no bounds.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Surge & Nihilo): Surge stared at the screen on the hospital TV for a minute. "What. Tha'. HECK?!?!?" He asked, bewildered. He turned to Magneta. "Does this sort of thing happen often? For some reason I don't remember seeing Exo-suit shark women hacking TV's ever before."Nihilo had much the same reaction. However, as he was on an undercover mission, he had to keep his trap shut. It was hard. Oh so hard.OOC: Basically, I'm stating my characters' wishes to get into this new tale.

IC: Gadgeteer was marching down a street, clanking as he went, heading for a nearby park to sit and eat when a nearby television store suddenly became filled with multiple renditions of a sinister shark creature; some rendered (a bit too) clearly on magnificent, high-definition plasma screens.After the villain's demand had been made Viktor Borislav turned over the message in his mind. 'Operation Lockdown' was not something he had heard of, and in all likelihood it was a highly private matter. Important, too, if Lady Hexas was willing to hold a city to ransom to obtain files about it. This was going to stir up the hero community something fierce, there was no doubt about that.The opportunity for Gadgeteer to get involved was very tempting. Aiding a number of other heroes in this, a global affair, would surely cement his image as a bona fide hero, perhaps even garner him a few material and/or monetary rewards. However it was also likely to be a very dangerous series of events, plus with so many heroes likely to get involved what were the odds that one of them - a psychic or someone with x-ray vision or what haveyou - wouldn't discover who he was?After several minutes of deliberation Gadgeteer decided to head to the UN headquarters. He was already in New York, so it wasn't far. Since Lady Hexas was after UN files, heroes would inevitably gather there. He would wait atop an adjacent building and observe how many others arrived, then judge whether his involvement in the situation would be a practical decision...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Geez, both Skyra and altSkyra are trying to create a vacuum around someone... What a coincidence.IC: Plasmafire gulped at the thinning air, and took a slightly large risk. He noticed that what was creating the vacuum was all the air rushing away from him. He burst into flame and allowed a current to carry him away from the vacuum. As long as he didn't try to fight these ridiculously strong winds, he should be okay. He twisted his fiery body to point at Skyra, and held his hands out, shooting two continuous beams of plasma at him.IC: Negafire nearly chocked on his soda when saw every screen in sight come to life with a picture of a shark. This could be bad... Inquisitor might expect him to go help with the situation... He caught eyes with Inquisitor, gave him a panicked look, then motioned with his eyes towards Nihilo, the 'oblivious bodyguard'. He hoped Inquisitor would leave it be, especially if Negafire could get away and pretend to talk into his pretend communicator when they stopped...IC: Both of Magneta's eyebrows shot up when the screens came to life, and she shrugged at Surge's question. "I mean... There were the sharkmen back in Rio a few months ago, but I thought the Coalition was behind that... This seems like a very different thing."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Geez, both Skyra and altSkyra are trying to create a vacuum around someone... What a coincidence.

OOC: I know right? :P Though seriously it really is just a coincidence, honesty you have no idea how useful being able to make vacuums is. :) They're practical for so many situations. Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: I know right? :P Though seriously it really is just a coincidence, honesty you have no idea how useful being able to make vacuums is. :) They're practical for so many situations

. Like cleaning the base floor... you have no idea how messy off-duty heroes can be! D:And yes, SuperBeing Smackdown is just a very minor part of my plot arc: Kumata and I will set up a full-fledged tournament further down the line to allow heaps of PC's in. I know we have a few NPC's to fight "Whirlpool"/Fellyward and another few foolish enough to challenge Mastermind, so we technically do have room... I just don't want to be bogged down in these NPC fights for weeks :P.... and fighting Mastermind is just an excuse for me to wail on your NPC's for the fun of it. Because Mastermind is awesome! =DNPC: Part of the mass of SuperBeings shifted, their general movement at first suggesting a large group were leaving. But the way they continued to move as if avoiding a slow-moving lava flow soon revealed the truth: Mastermind had chose to grace the area with his presence, and all the other participants were giving him a wide berth. To be fair, the majority were just following the fearful movements of those who had actually fought him, but this still resulted in a gaping hole in the crowd where the mutant psychic walked. Gazing up at the viewscreen to see which team was unlucky enough to be matched with him first fight, Mastermind surpressed the urge to confront those in the crowd who's eyes shot daggers of hartred towards him... he didn't care to be liked, but having a few dozen giving you creepy looks was almost blasting-worthy. AlmostDespite pratically half the crowd seperating them, Sluice could still confirm Esp's hunch was correct if she chose to look. The cloak Mastermind wore now was almost indentical to the one Silver had been wearing on the Mothership, and had always worn... only now it was even more damaged than before, with only a minor bit of patchwork on one arm to suggest any attempt at repairing it had been made. The question remained how Mastermind had obtained it, and where its owner (hopefully not naked) was now...

breakdown_signature.jpg