To Save The World!

IC: lone decide to leave Vegas to deal with this shark-lady thing. he left Paul a note in the motel room, and got on the next plane to New York.OCC: i really could use the interaction for lone, and sharks are fun to play with. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Sorry I haven't been on lately, switching to fiber optic and there's been a few hiccups starting up. I can get on long enough to read, usually, but trying ot post is... vexing.IC: Shard had just been getting used to the whole blown-onto-a-wall thing when suddenly, without warning, it stopped, causing him to drop to the ground suddenly and painfully. Well, painfully for anyone under him, which turned out to be nobody, so really it was just sudden. He was just about to try another shot at the villain when he was knocked across the room a second time, and this time it was painful. He wasn't sure what had just happened, but there appeared to be rubble everywhere, and there was a sound of engines (or was that the ringing in his ears?) and his body was covered in minute cracks. Again. Wonderful. Then, because apparently the invincible guy is officially the butt monkey of the universe, the moment he got his bearings he found the source of the engine noise to be a big, black car headed right for- WHAM!This time he handled it a bit better. The impact didn't exactly help the cracks on his body, but he was able to halt himself in mid-air and turn to face the offending automobile. Tinted windows. No telling who the driver was. Maybe he'd find out once he finished propelling himself forward fist-first through the windshield.*H-D*NPC: Ultionis could see Impact pointing his way. He even saw the ripple in the air as the wave of force twisted around Aquarius. He had plenty of time (by his standards, anyway) to duck, or dodge, or something- but he couldn't. Something about being pressed against the wall by the force of a small hurricane. He had just enough time to think This day just gets better and better, before the concussive wave slammed into him, matching the force of the wind that pinned him down and sending him hurtling across the wall. Worse yet, halfway through his movement the wind suddenly ceased, causing him to bounce across the floor no less than three times before he finally rolled to a halt. Even under his armor, that had hurt. A lot. The bruising would be severe, maybe on the bones. But Ultionis was a veteran of over fourteen years of military activity. He had survived being hit head-on by a tank, stuck inside a collapsing building, blasted by far too many kinds of superhuman to count and caught in explosion after explosion after explosion, and most importantly he was a soldier at heart: When the going gets tough, the tough shoot it in the head. So, despite the screams of muscle and sinew, he stood up and assessed the situation.The new villain, the one with the breathing powers. She appeared to have finally run out of air. She was inhaling now, and it was starting to pick up, though likely it wouldn't reach the same intensity as before. Still, it should be enough. He plucked another frost grenade from his belt, set the timer to roughly when he figured it should reach her, pulled the pin and tossed it directly into the wind. Truth be told there was a good chance it would kill her, but Aquarius was practically on the final threshold and the mission was to keep him from escaping. Casualties to a minimum... but that didn't mean none.(H-D)NPC: The MD looked distressed. Considering they had a patient quickly going into shock this was to be expected from most doctors, but on him it was worrying. He turned, much to the surprise of all involved, to Surge. "Alright, normally I wouldn't do this but he's not responding to sedatives. No idea why. I need you to slow down his heart rate, get it to just under 100 BPM and keep it steady. Do not pull it down too fast or under 50 BPM, that could kill him in this state. Do you understand? One hundred beats per minute or slightly under, and keep it there."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: Heh, maybe Kenpachi... although the 'main' Sluice has updated her supersuit since the time she was being controlled by Sakeme, so visually they aren't identical.IC: Clutching his blowtorch carefully, Gadgeteer applied the finishing touches to his makeshift communications device. It was an ugly cluster of white and silver blocks that had been fused to his right arm, but even if Viktor had the time or resources to bother with style he wouldn't have cared for it. So long as it did what it was supposed to do. Which was exactly what he was testing now. All invisible streams of data occupying the air were identified by the device - internet, GPS, police radio; everything. That allowed Gadgeteer to move onto the next step: determining the transmission location of Lady Hexas' broadcast. With various mental commands he saw to it that his armour's computational systems poured all of their electronic efforts into that task...OOC: I do know it's been stated that the broadcast was made from Jodrell bank, I'm just going slow with Gadgeteer until the plot picks up pace a bit.

"I used to think I had a normal life. I fit the paradigm perfectly. Normal job, normal flat, normal friends... sorry. Ignore that. I'm just feeling a bit... well, I don't know." This growing headache wasn't doing her any good...

This is what we call the "Now you relise your life has pretty much gone down the toliet" phase... Silver hit this almost a decade ago! But don't fret, apart from the crushing mental anguish and sense of hopelessness, it'll barely even affect you! :3 Since I don't have anything that requires a reply right now I'll ask something that would've made sense to ask a long time ago... I've never really decided what exactly Silver's (Timothy) surname actually is... OK, I admit I put something on the grave but I always think that kinda stinks so...What would you have Silver's surname be given the choice? PM me (or post it OOC if you must) :P

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: He's kind of sort of Australian, right?If yes, Dundee. Middle initial 'C'.If no, Dundee anyway.IC(Fellwyd): "If it makes things seem any better for you, my life has been mostly war for many years, and I am now faced with the guarantee that I will never see any of my comrades again."As far as could be told, the alien did not seem bitter, or even moderately upset as he said this - he was simply stating facts.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Surge): Surge nodded then approached the bed. Little by little, he siphoned tiny amounts of energy from his heart, slowing it down bit by nanonicle bit, but not too slowly either. Eventually he had reached the specified point and kept it there. His plan was too keep it like that until the impulses from the brain changed in order to allow the heart to maintain the bpm on its own.

OOC:Korkoa/King Joe: There's really no logical reason for the Coalition to call off this mission, as none of the three Villains undercover are particularly high on the Coalition trust list and they have dozens/hundreds of other members who they can (and most likely have) sent to see just what's going on with Lady Hexas.You've got two options for heading out, though - Negafire wanted to check back in from his communicator (and Inquisitor may insist that he has more pressing matters than overseeing Zaparus' tour), and there's an upcoming battle which very well may blow Nihilo's cover if you want. I don't want to hold you guys back if you want to go.Kumata: True, it does depend on Gravitate's competence. :P I admit I did misread it slightly, but I just wanted to point out that technically it isn't impossible.Transairion: As I am oh-so well known for, allow me to pull an obscure piece of information out of thin air - as I recall, it was once said that there are three gravestones in Australia, two inscribed with the names Jessica and Arthur Silverman, and a third reading:

Timothy Arthur Silverman

Died being a hero,

and for that he will never be forgotten.

Make of that what you will. ;) Also, H-D responded to KILL with Shard (light blue font above).IC: (League Headquarters - Coalition)Blowhard's breath caught in her throat, and she gave the logical reaction to choking - coughing forcefully, inadvertantly hurling concentrated bursts of super-breath in random directions. One of those coughs collided with the frost grenade, halting its forward motion and causing it to drop harmlessly to the floor.Spex managed to climb to his feet, scurrying over to where Aquarius lay semiconscious on the floor. With KILL present, their escape was all but ensured. Impact had crawled over as well, though he was sent spinning away as a sudden gust of wind sent him tumbling across the floor.IC: (Soundless)Solanis stepped back slowly, motioning with an arm for the assembled police force to run. To their credit, or perhaps a sign of their ignorance, they stayed put, trembling guns trained on the bear-like creature slowly advancing on them. With an ear-splitting bang, one of them lost control of his trigger finger.Teddy roared as the bullet buried itself in his shoulder; if Soundless had to guess, it was a roar of rage, not pain. That fur looked too coarse for the bullet to have pierced, and he didn't favor the limb as he charged forward. Before he could reach the policemen, Solanis hurled a beam of light in Teddy's face, causing him to stumble and buy the cops enough time to flee - which they wizened up and did this time.Meanwhile, the gangsters were slipping off in the opposite direction, taking their luggage with them. At least, until they ran into Collective. "Criminals, you are under arrest," the Hero said in that eerie multiple-voice of his. When one of the gangsters doubled up a fist to punch him, Collective beat him to it, the force of the punch knocking the man off his feet. He sprawled on his back, clutching his chest and wheezing painfully.Collective settled into a fighting posture, glancing at each of the gangsters in turn. "We warned you," was all he said before the assault began...IC: (Psionick)With traffic backed-up on both sides of the street, Nicholas and Agent Johnson proceeded on foot, sprinting between cars into the chaos. A small tug on their clothing led them straight and true to the Villain, standing on a truck bed in the middle of the road. Nicholas couldn't help but gape at the man, who had stray articles of clothing, blankets, and sheets orbiting him.The Villain was thin, with a face that made homely look handsome. What was really striking about him was his outfit - mismatched green turtleneck and purple sweatpants contrasted with an off-white towel tied around his neck like a cape. His hair was hidden beneath a shower cap, and pair of blue goggles magnified the maniacal glint in his eye."Fear me, for I am...Laundro-Mat!" the man shouted with a mad laugh.Nicholas just stared. Finally, he turned to Johnson, a dumbfounded expression on his face. "Tell me I'm hallucinating," he said. "Please tell me I am not seeing what I think I'm seeing."OOC: LM's holding up that traffic the ISNN group is stuck in, if you didn't catch that.~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC (Nihilo): Get in, get the intel, get out. That was the plan. Get in, get the intel, get out. NOT fight a deranged super with... LAUNDRY POWERS of all things who thinks he's a villain. Nihilo opened the door of the limo, stepping out, saying, "I need to look into this. This mental case could be a threat to the Doctor."OOC: I might make him blow his cover, but I would want it to be an accident instead of Nihilo being impulsive. He still needs to keep his albeit low standing with the Coalition.

IC(Mr. No-One): There were many things to be said to describe the sensation of an unarmored body being smacked into a wall, none of them positive. Fortunately, in this case, 'fatal' wasn't one of those things, and the spy was back on his feet, shooting, once again, at Spex, absolutely determined to put at least one bullet-hole in the villain. The same pattern of arm-leg-head applied here as with the other two shot-groupings, though the bullets were aimed slightly ahead of Spex to compensate for his movement and the activity from the wind-villain.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: lone bored the plane with few problems. the flight was going to last about 2 hours or so. he powered down his armor and went to sleep.OCC: this just saying lone is going to be unavablie for the durartion of the flight.i'll have him land when it seems right or if someone asks me to. whichever happens first.

War...war never changes.

IC: Now Sluice felt a little guilty for having complained about comparatively trivial things. Usually she'd have said something reassuring to Fellwyd, but she'd already apologized once and she was in no mood for optimism...OOC: I've no objection to their match starting now.

IC:Sakeme threw up a psychic barrier between himself and Kaname's assault; it held, but clearly took a lot of his strength to maintain. Fade rushed forwards, planting himself between the two of them."Hold up right there!" he shouted to Kaname. "Much as I don't like it, this will all be much easier if he's alive.""Oh? Really, now?" asked Sakeme. "Pity. I can't say the same about you...""You... you just hold up too!" Fade snapped right back. "We're still negotiating, I'll have you know.""I'm honestly impressed with your determination," muttered Sakeme. "Few people would still be trying to bargain when they've got nothing to bargain with. My plan is at its most efficient without your interference. You have literally nothing to offer me.""Yeah. I figured that out. Plas already tried reasoning with you," Fade said He glanced at the hero fighting with Skyra, who was increasing the force of his winds while trying to ignore the rising heat. It was simply a matter of who could hold out longer. "He tried to point out the flaws in your logic, get you to stop this madness. But you know, I know, heck, he knows there's just no reasoning with a guy like you."The air behind Sakeme opened up, ripping into a swirling orange voice."Me, on the other hand? I like to be a little more direct."Sakeme glanced at the tear in spacetime and back to Fade."So, this is your big plan?" he asked. "Threaten me with death? Browbeat me into serving you? How awfully blunt... especially since you've mentioned you want me alive.""Come now... I don't want to kill you. If I did, I'd just sick Ole' Sparkplug over there on you and be done with it," Fade said with a laugh. "But, honest... I really don't know if you can die. I mean, you're really just a psychic signature mooching off an innocent woman here. For all I know, your consciousness will just keep floating around even when she's gone."But that portal could lead you to infinite possible worlds; I'm sure I can find some world completely devoid of life to drop you in. You'll have no one but yourself for company as that body of yours withers and crumbles to dust; I wonder what'll happen to you then? Now, you've spent centuries trying to cheat death; are you really certain you want to find out if you can do it again? I wonder which would be worse: finding out you're going to die after all these years of scheming... or finding out that you can't."Sakeme glared silently at Fade."This is your plan to keep me in line, then fear?""Well, that... and revenge. You want to take out Frigid just as much as I do; work with us, and you'll be helping to kill her. Plus, you get a chance to command an army in battle once again," said Fade. "But other than that... yeah, the fear works in a pinch. Now, release their minds, and we'll do things my way."Sakeme glowered at Fade, options racing a mile a minute through his mind. Finally, he stepped back, the controlled heroes collapsing to their knees as his presence left their minds."...I defer to your expertise," he said, a half-smirk on his face. "However little of it their might be..."---A groan from nearby caught Gap's attention. Tornado lay crumpled on the ground, landed in a heap where the car had flung him. He struggled and groaned, trying to lift himself, but it was clear he lacked the strength. Tornado's leg was twisted at an angle, the bone likely broken and shattered. His breath was heavy and labored; in all likeliness, he was not long for this world...---As they drew nearer to the fighting, Mystic focused through the minds of the combatants, merging their views to form an image in her mind of the entire fight. Sensing that the Coalition's escape vehicle had returned - in the most direct manner imaginable, it seemed - Mystic attempted to lash out into the mind of it's driver. However, much to her surprise, there was no mind to attack; either the driver's mind functioned in ways Mystic lacked the skill to comprehend, or the vehicle itself had no driver. Neither was particularly strange, especially when the other biggest threat at the moment was a shark driving a robot.It would seem I'm at a bit of a disadvantage dealing with their escape vehicle, she informed Loadstone. I assume I'd be correct in surmising that metal would be more your specialty...---Archmage stared blankly at Omega."You're calling a time out? When I could just easily blast you right here and now?" she asked. "...I gotta admit, that takes either guts or stupidity. Either way, it's impressive. You can call me Archmage; pretty much everyone does."With that she darted off, making a dash down the hallway."Now at least you have a name you can say goodbye to, eh?"[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: Omega wasn't sure what he'd expected, but somehow her running away didn't really faze him. Her not blasting him was a bit surprising, though. Either way, he couldn't very well just let her run off, so he focused his power into his hand and extended it in front of him. Immediately a massive wave of energy, like a moving wall, rushed forward, leaving no space either way to dodge. Granted, she could always shoot it, and his head was still pounding from before so it probably wouldn't hold very long, but he was hoping it would hit her first.|H-D|NPC: Grenade idea: Shot down. For a moment Ultionis considered formulating a plan B, but at this point it was looking like none of his plans were going to get anywhere. So for now, scrap the plans. He just raised his gun, aimed it at Large Lungs over there and fired two shots, one at the chest and one at the head. The range should be too short for even a strong wind to affect their path much, and even so it seemed she was having trouble breathing.(H-D)NPC: Slowly, the beeping noise of the instruments monitoring Elliott's health slowed down to a healthier rate. His breathing was still ragged, but at least now it was relatively even, as opposed to the earlier hyperventilation. Moreover, he seemed to have started speaking again. "I... I told you all I know... He knows you're coming... He's on the roof... of the Chaucer building..." Though his body was healthy again, the man's eyes were still staring up at the ceiling as though it terrified him. "He's waiting... for a helicopter... He'll be gone soon... It's all I know... I swear..." And then he lapsed into silence.The MD turned to the heroes, eyebrow raised. "I have no idea what he was talking about, but it sounds like a flashback to me. Trauma can do that to a person. The fire was only some thirty minutes ago, so if you hurry you might get there before... Well, whatever you're so worried about."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: I actually was meant to post the OOC-only post before Shard's attack, back when my words made sense... that sure didn't work out.And, well golly Rahl I know he HAS a last name but I wanna recton it because I think it stinks. So nyeh :PIC: Given the car's windows weren't made out of some gloriously-superhero-proof-glass, Shard's fist soon found itself lodged where a human jaw would normally be.. but seemingly the driver had vacated the vehicle, as he was punching a leather seat instead."Oh come now you didn't think it'd be that easy, did you?" the voice seemed to come from all directions, and had an artifical touch that'd bring up disturbing memories of that freaky Diabolous AI (they're not the same AI). The gearstick surged on its own as if moved by invisible threads and the car shot foward, towards a wall that KILL believed held an metallic entrance to the lower levels... one he'd be unable to smash down. If he was wrong he'd probably go right through, but if he was right then he'd go from fast to stopped in a few seconds... and all this while Shard was unbuckled.Remember kids, always wear your seatbelts when driving.

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC: Gap straightened up, turning to see Tornado's body sprawled nearby. Despite how injured he looked, she was careful to stop at a safe distance as she approached - she wouldn't put it past him to summon the strength for one last attack.What had Hivemind's mission been? Ensure that Tornado wasn't selling Coalition secrets to the League, earn his loyalty if possible, and if not silence him as a last resort. It certainly looked like they were going to achieve that, although Gap couldn't bring herself to feel too delighted. The mission had been a complete disaster in her eyes, Hivemind was dying and she'd nearly been killed several times, and she couldn't help thinking that it was her own presence on the mission that had caused it all to go wrong.She knelt down to face Tornado (she was aching too much to stand for very long). This man was one of the Coalition's longest-serving still-living members, and she couldn't help feeling a little sad that he was now in this way. That wasn't to say she didn't think he deserved to die after having the audacity to try to kill her, but still, a voice in the back of her mind (probably her father's) told her she should be a little responsible in this situation."If you have any final requests - messages to pass on, preferred burial sites - now's the time to tell..."

IC: SkyraShard seemed to be in trouble. Skyra was still floating in the air above the fight, so he decided it was time to come down, right on top of Kill. As Skyra was coming down, he took his katana's and plunged them into the roof of the vehicle, in order to prevent himself from slipping off. He held on as Kill continued to charge toward the wall.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:When Kaname hit the barrier, he did manage to keep going holding. He didn't see any cracking, but he could tell the Sakeme was getting weak. But The barrier managed to hold up and Kaname Jumped back with the force ready for go for a second time, This time I'll use 60,000 D-volts..But before Kaname made his second strike, Fade stepped between them. When Fade told him to hold up, Kaname stayed his hand and listened to the little argument...or was it? But it seemed that they came to a truce of some sort when Sakeme released everyone from his hold.Kaname did now wonder, Would we be actually able to do anything to stop her? he walked away until he was out of sight. Sitting down he held the spot where it hurt the most, It's not as bad as what i've dealt with before but this is pretty bad..been moving around with seven broken ribs? i dunno..It just hurts every time i exit lightning form..If i just stay out of it for a while it shouldn't be as bad..

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC: Ten hours twenty six minutes remaining.

Gadgeteer grasped the collection of wires carefully. His adaptable connection port had been inserted, and now his systems were beginning to interface with the one that he was now intruding upon. Electronic commands were sent, and from the rotating metal dish up above signals were transmitted.How had he gotten here? As it transpired, his armour alone did not have the broadcast capabilities necessary to locate the origin of Lady Hexas' message. It was a transmission that had been bounced around multiple satellites after all - the very point was to make it difficult to trace. But the armoured 'hero' was undeterred. His software was perfectly capable of performing all of the calculations and data management, he just needed a greater broadcast range, which meant that he would either have to develop a new antenna for his armour or (more easily) hijack an existing one. One with a very strong range. Something he could reliably expect to find in or around a city...The image of an airport radio tower had sprung to his mind almost instantly. Without delay he had used his new GPS capabilities to locate the nearest towered airport and then, with a literal spring in his step, had set off to reach it. It took him just under an hour. From there he had expended a little effort to sneak onto the airfield unseen, approach its control tower from behind and, using his various DIY tools, expose the cables that ran through its structure and plug himself in. The Airport staff wouldn't be able to detect his presence in the system, so he would just have to hope that the security patrols wouldn't pass by him until he had attained the information required...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Shard didn't need to turn his head to know the sudden acceleration wasn't a good thing for him. He didn't like to advertise it, but as strong as he was he was also a tad brittle - as in he would never, ever scratch, burn or bend but he could break just fine with enough sheer impact. And hitting the wall at this speed, plus all that rubble - he wasn't really sure if that would do the trick, but he didn't want to find out. So he did what any sensible walking statue would do in his position: He pulled himself in through the shattered windshield and ended up upside-down in the driver's seat. As he stared at the petals and awaited the incoming crash, Shard found himself wondering idly if this was another A.I., a technopath or just a guy with a remote control and a microphone. Hard to say at this angle.*H-D*NPC: Carapace cut the call. His UN agent would try to get the information, but being a bit new there was no guarantee he would actually get anything. Searching the files of various governments had yielded no results of note. This operation was proving admirably elusive - if he didn't know better, he'd think he had hidden it himself. Well, since his other attempts so far were either fruitless or not yet complete, it was time for one of his common fallbacks. He turned his attention to the hero in the tech suit. Interesting. He appeared to have fled the scene. Scanning more or less every camera in the direction he'd run off in reported he was heading toward, yes, the airport. Why would that be? He wasn't in the League database, so he couldn't get one of their jets (unless he asked nicely - they tended to share if they liked what they saw) meaning he might just be hitching a ride. For a few more minutes Carapace monitored that airport's systems with a few programs of his own devising, and voila. Nothing the airport staff would likely be able to detect, but his own finely-tuned processes had spotted an intruder in the system. Trace the signal a bit and, unsurprisingly, it seemed he had a communications system on that suit. Retreating from the airport's computers, Carapace would contactthe system remotely instead. No reason to let him know how he was found. He pressed a few buttons and started the call. The suit should inform the hero of the call quickly enough.{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: as lone's plane came in, he woke up and spotted someone messing the control tower. he went to investigate the person, but did it sneakly, so as not to be spotted.he was hoping it's a league agent

War...war never changes.

IC: Gadgeteer was concentrating deeply, well on the way to tracing Lady Hexas' worldwide signal when, to his great surprise, he received a call. He was surprised mainly because there were very few people he knew of who might want to call him, and none of them would have done it by contacting his suit. Notwithstanding none of those people knew that he was masquerading as a solo hero. Though he tended to bristle at anything that surprised him, Viktor doubted that the caller had hostile intentions. If they had the tech to patch a signal through to his suit then they could just as easily have shut it down. They wanted to talk - although then again, it might be an agent of Lady Hexas warning him to back off before frying his suit's systems.Regardless, he saw more sense in answering the call than in ignoring it."Who is this?" The primitive (in Viktor's eyes) software that his Gadgeteer armour utilised forced him to speak out loud when broadcasting a message. He hoped it wouldn't attract airport security...

Edited by Kumata

IC(Whistler): Meanwhile, in the same city, a private jet was landing, and, after a moment of convincing customs officials that yes, the passport was indeed genuine, Bruce Airey - dressed in rather sensible business attire and running shoes, at the moment - exited his plane.OOC: I have derped.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: "Nobody you would know," Carapace responded pleasantly. "Just think of me as a man of similar goals to yours: Finding and ending this Lady Hexas." Carapace was not exactly in the armored man's systems, but establishing this communication had surprised him with just how easy it would have been to get inside the systems. There wasn't even a firewall. Well, nothing he would call a firewall. "Speaking of which, she seems quite capable technologically, you may wish to consider upgrading your software. In any case, you may address me as Carapace. And now there are two things I need of you: What is your name, and do you know how to fly an airplane?"{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Carapace. It wasn't an alias Viktor had ever encountered in his exploits as both a hero and a mercenary, which meant this person was either a new face or a reclusive sort. He was definitely technologically capable though - his deduction that Gadgeteer wished to stop Lady Hexas could only have been made if he'd noticed his presence in the UN systems. Maybe he was an agent of theirs? There was no guranteeing that he wasn't another villain either, hoping to eliminate the competition, but Gadgeteer did not care about this. As he had considered before, unlike real heroes, he had no moral limitations. If working with a supervillain was what he needed to do in order to get the job done, then that was what he would do. Just maybe not publicise that alliance, as it would be bad for his own false heroic image."My name is Gadgeteer. I am a new hero on the block. Haven't the funds to update my tech yet." Viktor's attempt to sound colloquial turned out robotic and stunted, but then again the mechanical buzz of his suit's audio transmitters generally made him sound that way anyway.Gadgeteer glanced down at his adaptable connection port, still streaming data to and from the airport radio tower."I can assume control of an airplane, but I may not be able to fly it. Depends on the type. What exactly is the purpose of these queries..?"

Edited by Kumata

NPC: Lack of funding? Now that was one thing Carapace could easily remedy. Of course he couldn't be expected to do so for free, but that would all come later. For now, they were on the clock. "I have already deduced the origin of the broadcast. There is an airplane, Atlantic Airways flight 659, scheduled for takeoff in one hour to London Heathrow airport. It is currently empty, but the fuel tank has been filled. You will find it in the field behind you. The tank will be sufficient to get you to the coordinates I transmit, and I can ensure no trouble from the FAA or the area where you land. I trust you are familiar with passenger aircrafts?"This next part would be interesting. This new hero was an unknown factor. Seeing how he reacted to the idea of stealing an airplane, even for a noble cause, would tell Carapace much - not just his words, of course, but tone, inflection, pacing, and a hundred other, smaller factors. {H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Plasmafire sighed in relief as the winds died down, and stopped increasing the heat around Skyra. He turned towards Longshot and waved his hand, dispelling the plasma dome around here. He then walked over to Fade and nodded. "Well... That's that, then. You said something about a plan before this all started?"IC: Magneta nodded to Surge, and walked out to door, motioning for him to follow. "Well, this is certainly turning into an interesting day." She said to him.IC: "Yeah, uh... I should probably go see what that nutjob is up to as well." Negafire said, hopping out of the car. He pressed a hand to his ear, activiting his communicator. "This is Negafire, checking in with the Coalition. I'm undercover, posing as a hero with Zaparas, and this shark-lady thing happened. We were with a hero at the time, and now I'm expected to go follow the League on this threat. So, I'm requesting further instructions."OOC: I'm kind of toying with the idea of Negafire accidentally blowing his cover, but I'll wait and see what the Coalition HQ says...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I land my plane in NYC, and the person I was supposed to meet up with is now apparently getting on a different plane.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Gadgeteer being at the airport was meant to be a hint for your plane-bound character to land there and see him, as Lone has done. You could always remove that part of your last IC that says The Whistler went on to the UN building and say he's still at the airport...IC: Gadgeteer was beginning to suspect that this Carapace was a crime lord of some sort. How else would he have connections enough to influence airport personnel on another continent?"I should be able to pilot a passenger plane with little difficulty." He'd never done it before, but he had flown smaller, private aircraft. There wasn't an enormous difference, and besides, Gadgeteer could control most of a vehicle's systems by jacking it with his suit anyway. "But you say you have determined the origin point of this... Lady Hexas' signal - where is it exactly?" He was well aware of the possibility that Carapace didn't know where the broadcast had come from at all, and was simply trying to manipulate him into performing some other errand. He was halfway to pinpointing the source, so he might as well wait a few minutes and double-check his own results with that of his oddly-voiced ally...

Edited by Kumata

NPC: Interesting. His tone was getting a touch suspicious. To be expected, of course, since Carapace was pulling strings on both sides of the Atlantic, but he didn't seem to waver at all at the thought of stealing an airplane. He was either a particularly irreverent sort of hero, or something else entirely..."The signal originated at the Jodrell Bank Centre for Astrophysics at the University of Manchester, England. I have uploaded the coordinates for Manchester airport to your navigation systems-" Call that an antivirus? I've seen better work from undergraduates. At community colleges. "-and will have more information and instructions for you once you arrive. Any questions?"{H-D}

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Oh riiight. See, this is what happens when I miss things for no good reason. Removing, and then editing an IC in along the lines of him noticing the dude in the suit of armor.IC(Whistler): The original plan had been to browbeat the people at the UN into giving up information that might help to save the world - err, no need to get that dramatic; a large city - but the sight of what was either a very stylish robot or a man in a very stylish suit of armor fiddling around on the air traffic control tower derailed that. Walking carefully towards the tower, Bruce called up to the person (or stylish robot) on the tower."Err, excuse me. This wouldn't be anything to do with the lunatic shark-thing, would it? Lots of odd things so far today, and disturbingly few coincidences, so, ah... need any help?"

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Jodrell bank, Manchester, England. Using those coordinates Gadgeteer's own systems were able to quickly confirm it as the origin source of the shark supervillain's broadcast. So Carapace wasn't lying. But that didn't entirely allay his suspicions."You know what you're doing, buddy," acting so cheerfully informal positively pained Viktor, but he soldiered on, "but I have to ask waht exactly your interest is in finding Lady Hexas, and moreover, what it is you need me for." The possibility had risen in his mind that Carapace, if he were a crime lord, wanted to find Lady Hexas in order to strike a deal with her. And why should he send a valuable minion when he could send an expendable, gullible solo hero?Before he could get an answer, however, Gadgeteer's apparently lone conversation was interrupted by the arrival of - he did a double-take as he spun around - a medieval travelling minstrel."Wh-who are you? What d'you want?" Gadgeteer added the stammer - made him seem a little less suspicious. First a robotic shark and now this. It was going t be one of those days...

IC(Whistler): Waving cheerfully, the minstrel stepped a bit closer."Ah, for situations like this I go by the Whistler, dunno if you've heard of me. I consider myself sort of a hero, I mean, I stop bank robberies, rough up ruffians, do the occasional charity event, that sort of thing. Anyway, at the moment, I'm trying to look into a certain incident involving a fish threatening to blow up a major city - that sort of thing's in the books, see, heroic code of ethics and all that, forget who wrote it down - anyway, err, yeah, that's that."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: A newcomer? Curious, Carapace tapped into the video feed in Gadgeteer's helmet. He was rarely surprised, shocked or taken aback by anything these days, but the sight of a man dressed as a minstrel from the fourteenth century (late fourteenth, to be specific) certainly came close. Dressed like a lunatic, sounds like a lunatic, about to throw himself at a talking shark in mechanized armor - clearly, this man is a hero. Or thinks he is. A brief investigation of the internet revealed Bruce Airey, head of a large tourism and travel agency based in Scotland, and proud owner of no particular superhuman abilities, advanced technology or even that much training. Still he went up against armed men and escaped largely unscathed on a regular basis, so there had to be something about him that kept him alive, even if it was only good luck. Considering Carapace was about to send a man in a less-than-advanced suit of powered armor that had failed to stop a simple bank robbery and couldn't keep out a high school hacker with an MS DOS against a super-intelligent shark capable of hacking multiple satellites across the world simultaneously, he figured they could use all the luck they could get.{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Gadgeteer relaxed a little. The guy was the right combination of light-hearted and loopy; a hero who wouldn't ask too many questions. Or at least that was how he came across. Viktor detected an accent in the man's voice - he was from somewhere in the British isles, though not England. Could be useful given that he would be heading there soon."I am Gadgeteer. I would be glad of your help, though I must ask you to wait for a moment. I am actually on the line to another interested party." Gadgeteer turned away, yanking his right palm out of the coil of wires at the base of the radio tower, and strode a few steps so that The Whistler was out of earshot."I will now add another question to my previous list, which I still want answered," as his tone became serious, his colloquial manner faded away. "What is your opinion on this newcomer - can he be trusted to lend his aid..?"

NPC: "If you are asking if his motives are genuine, I believe they are," Carapace replied with an air of deliberation. "As to his sanity, I fear you will have to draw your own conclusions. I advise keeping a close eye on him." Interesting that Gadgeteer would ask his opinion. He didn't really seem to trust Carapace, but then they probably both knew he had no reason to lie about this. "Returning to your earlier questions: This Lady Hexas intends the destruction of a random but likely densely-populated city via orbital bombardment. That is bad for everyone... except doomsayers, but I don't like to encourage them at the best of times. "Finally, I do not need you. You are, however, sufficiently capable for the task at hand, clearly interested in the resolution of the matter and you have about as much information on the subject as I do. This makes you convenient, even accounting for the trans-Atlantic flight." That, plus ever since the invasion his resources were scattered and scarce at best, at least by his own standards. "Any further questions can be asked while flying. Need I remind you we are on the clock?"{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: "Understood." Negafire said, before deactivating his communicator. He ducked his head back into the limo, and Looked at Zaparas. "Sorry doc, but my, eh... 'superiors' want me on the shark thing. I'll try to hook up with you guys later!" Negafire stood up straight, and burst into flame, shooting into the sky. Anybody paying attention may have seen a brief burst of blue flame, but only for a second before it transformed into an orange color.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OCC: don't forget the wander!!IC: lone had been watching this the entire time. the minstrel looked a little out of it, but the man in the suit looked at least some what capable.What are you two doing?" lone said this as best he could to sound mean and evil. he didn't know who he was dealing with, and wanted to throw them off a little.

War...war never changes.