To Save The World!

OOC:Transairion: Personally, I still like Silverman. So far it's a name unique to the character, not to mention it's what he derived his SuperHero alias from. (It's not like his psychic aura is silver, after all.) That's just my opinion, however... :shrugs:Kumata/The Shadows Out of Time: I'm ready for that match when you guys are.thelonewander: Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't notice this before, but is there any chance you mean wanderer?ISNN Group: I realize that I may not have made it completely clear, but Inquisitor isn't a Hero; some ISNN reporters take on aliases for the same reasons Heroes do - to keep their jobs and personal lives separate. Inquisitor is powerless, though; he just has a high opinion of himself. Hence the snazzy business suit. :PIC: (League Headquarters)That would be my area of expertise, yes, Loadstone replied. I assume you want me to stop and let you off before we get into the thick of things, right?A sudden magnetic surge filled the room, drawing both Ultionis' and Mr. No-One's bullets off course as Loadstone soared into view of the battle. Slowing to a halt and lowering the magnaboard so that Mystic could step off of it, Loadstone stretched out his arms and magnetically gripped KILL, hoping to imobilize the vehicle. A side effect of this was that the government agents' bullets would now be drawn to the car instead of their targets, but if he could disable the Coalition's escape vehicle then it was worth it.Spex finally managed to lift Aquarius and - with a burst of energy vision blasted at both Ultionis and Mr. No-One for good measure - started carrying him toward KILL. Impact climbed to his feet as well, pointing a fist at Skyra and letting loose another concussive wave with a forceful thwump. Blowhard, having recovered from her choking fit, ducked for cover as she began discreetly inhaling...IC: (Psionick/ISNN Group)Laundro-Mat spun around as Negafire erupted into flame nearby, expecting an attack. When he saw that Negafire was flying away, however, he spun back around toward the two government agents."You should have run in terror, fools!" he cried, swiping a hand toward Psionick and Agent Johnson. The fabric of their clothes tightened around their bodies, preventing them from moving. Rolling his eyes, Psionick activated his power, a shimmering suit of brown psionic armor appearing around him as he did. The energy seemed to block Laundro-Mat's powers, because he was suddenly free to move again."You should never have worn that outfit," Psionick retorted, launching a bolt of psionic energy at Laundro-Mat, who ducked to the side in order to dodge the blast. "I mean, I may not know much about fashion, but you look ridiculous."OOC: Deliberately ignoring Nihilo 'cause he doesn't see him as a threat. You're free to prove him wrong. :lol:~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC: KILL had decided to apply the brakes after Shard flopped his way into the driver seat... in that position the tradeoff between KILL's damage and Shard's damage from the original plan was neglible. Of course, he was going too fast for that to really work but he found himself rooted in place all of a sudden. Magnetics... he hated magnets. Though it had helped him right now, an anti-magnetism feature was something he lacked right now, leaving his microscopic metal makeup totally exposed to manipulation. That meant he'd have to recieve allied help to escape... goodie. But rather than just sit there uselessly, KILL took the inititive to make his upside-down guest feel at home: if smacking their head with the gas pedal repeatedly was a homely activity. It was fun for him, at least!******************************Showtime's face appeared on the screen, the matchups vanishing from view to accomodate his visage."Well, that was certainly unexpected! Let us see if Whirlpool's talents extend past the auditory to the battlefield. Whirlpool and Fellwyd will be heading into combat with Pyroclast and Mage in a matter of moments! Whirl, Fell you are assigned to entrance A. Pyro, Mage, entrance B if you will. Our partrons are eager for your performance!" the SuperBeing Smackdown head announced; small neon displays lit up over two tunnel entrances, one A and one B. Seemingly they would have the same exit, despite stretching off in different directions. As Showtime's face faded from the screen the matchup listing returned, most of the future combatants unfazed: only those called had anything to worry about right now.OOC: The tunnels just stretch around a bit until they open either end of the stadium floor. Showtime would really just announce who and who and then the smashing can begin =3

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: Note, Skyra is on top of KILL at the moment, just so you know. Or was I should say. :PIC: SkyraThe concussive knocked Skyra off of the top of KILL and onto the hard floor, he lay there, temporarily dazed till he could get his bearings back.OOC: Just escape with Aquarius already so we can do this shark lady...thing. :lol:

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: This next newcomer was a much more interesting sight. He appeared to be wearing an advanced suit of armour; more advanced than Gadgeteer's probably. But then again his menacing manner and tone of address might mean he was looking for a fight. Gadgeteer doubted he was with airport security - there was no way their uniforms were that slick - but he might be one of those ultra-violent hero types who chose to kill pretty much every lawbreaker they came across. Which, given that they were trespassing on an airfeild, would currently include Gadgeteer and The Whistler.That wasn't to say Gadgeteer was afraid though. He was irritated really - irritated at the thought that this person might suddenly inconvenience their progress. If he could resolve this without a fight, he would."The two of us are preparing to board a flight," Gadgeteer told the newcomer plainly. IC: Sluice looked up as her false alias was called. She was almost glad that they were due to fight now - it would be a nice distraction from her current mood.She stood up. "Entrance A then, Fellwyd," she said. "You ready..?"

IC(Mr. No-One): With a grunt and a thud, the agent was thrown back into the wall, and slid down into a crumpled heap."Ceramic bullets" was the last thought that went through his head as he lost consciousness.OOC: If he ever finds a super that can't either deflect or block bullets, I bet you five bucks his gun will jam. 12 bullets fired at Spex, 0 hits. Murphy is a mean-spirited git.IC(Fellwyd): "I am as ready as is possible for a situation like this."The alien had found himself following the lead of others - and, in particular, Sluice - rather often on this planet. On a certain level, it was a bit strange, but, on the other hand, he was quite used to following orders.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

:kaukau: I just realized that this was an RPG. Isn't that sad? Anyways, I just got these approved. Is there anyone out there who's open to interact with me?Real Name: Ivan Ivy IVAlias: IvanAppearance: Black shoes, pants, cummerbund, and bowtie. White pleated shirt. Gold-rimmed glasses that are perfectly rectangular, exact proportions being 2x1. Wears these clothes all the time. Sometimes wears a white lab coat, although not often. Also has fashionable black hair like Patrick Dempsey's.Powers: None. Absolutely none. He wasn't born with any and he never intends to get some because he believes it's against the ways of mother nature to alter his body. The only exception he made to that rule was injecting his brain with nanobots and serums that rendered him immune to any forms of manipulating his mind, from mind reading to mind control, which he considered to be an even bigger violation of the laws of nature than that of altering his body. The one thing he was born with that would constitute him as being "super" would be his intellect. He is a supergenius when it comes to biology, anatomy, genetics, and other life science. Over time, he has also developed exceptional skills in both hand-to-hand and weapon-in-hand combat that are hard to surpass by villains who rely on their powers than their martial arts. If perpetual sarcasm could count as a power, that might pass as well, because he can keep that and all of his wits about them in even the most stressing of occasions. When all else fails, you can imagine his personality as being similar to that of Dr. Ian Malcolm's in Jurassic Park. Except without the womanizing aspect.Allegiance: Solo (although best friends with Ike and perfectly willing to work with the League of Salvation)Area: NoneBio: Ivan's history is always in question, even for me, and I've been writing about him for a while. Is his name really even Ivan? That's like asking how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop; the world may never know. The only thing known for certain is that he was and always will be best friends with the entities known as Ian, Ike, and Io (Io not so much, though, considering they always argue).Whoever he was and whatever he did in the past, he did it with the same distinct personality that he does now. He's overly critical of others and quick to lower someone else's self-esteem. Others call him a pessimist, but he prefers to think of himself as a "realistic skeptic". He is often weary of how stupid the universe can be and keeping up with that much stupidity exhausts him. However, being the intellectual he is, it is important to note that his criticism of others and their ideas usually falls somewhere on the intellectual and academic level. Although a painful critic to put up with, he's a good critic and his points are typically sound. Just try to cross bonesiii with Simon Cowell.Speaking of him being critical, that leads to another aspect of his personality. He's not romantic and probably never will be. He's never been attached to someone that way. It's a silly thing and often gets in the way. He doesn't need that kind of love to feel secure. His greatest love is for his "projects".Whatever there was in Ivan's history, it has included many adventures and enterprises. Indeed, he is a man of enterprise and vision, and he has typically had some agenda beyond just saving the world. In the past he had come up with inventions with the help of Ike that would benefit other worlds' real estate business. He's helped other planets achieve space flight to help them with overpopulation. In fact, he's done a lot of things. He typically looks to the economic and political situations that haunt civilizations just as much as he looks for the villains who threaten to bring it down. Villains, to him, are people who simply get in the way of the progress of his projects.It should be noted, though, that due to the way he ambitiously sets up projects to change the world that he should never ever be trusted with time travel.The way he usually treats them is to find a way to disable their powers, which he's fairly good at considering that he's good at figuring out how bodies work, and over time he's also accumulated a lot of high-tech gear for just about any medical situation imaginable. This includes a stun gun, that shoots a form of energy that instantly knocks a person out for several hours. he likes to use this because it's as efficient as bullets but a million times more humane. He doesn't like to kill his enemies. After all, he's an ethics-aware humanitarian.For the sake of this RPG, let's just say that he recently popped in from another dimension so that his weird background doesn't need to coincide with anything that's happened to far in To Save the World.Real Name: IkeAlias: IkeAppearance: 9'3". Brown hair. Wears all white from his shoes to his pants to his cummerbund to his pleaded shirt to his bowtie to his white gloves.Power: Complete and unconditional indestructibility. This includes not just physical conditions (Oh look! "Condition" is the root word of "unconditional"!), but to anything else that can distrupt his desire for both his body and mind to exist and function properly. Meaning he has survived poison, the hearts of black holes, living without breathing and eating and sleeping, and even the consequences of time-travel paradoxes. He is also immune to any and all attempts to disrupt the "sancuary of his mind" (put in quotation marks because those are the words he often uses), and has no need to fear mind control or mind reading. He also has exceptional strength and limitless endurance.His power comes from him literally being a walking blip in the laws of physics. He calls volume immediately known as his body to in actuality be a separate universe of space and time. Actually, it's more like every cell in his body is its own universe, so to destroy him is like destroying multiple universes. It's very hard to explain.He is also a genius mathematician. And speaking of math, bear in mind that he does have a center of gravity and a limited amount of friction on his skin. He's done the math and knows how stupid it is when a person isn't blown twenty miles away when they're next to a supernova Although internally he's immune to the normal laws of physics, it's completely possible to move him with simple applied forces.His biggest weakness that indestructibility cannot solve, however, is a low ceiling. No matter how hard he tries, he bumps his head. And therein lies another problem, because he's not immune to pain, so if he were to figuratively bump his head on a ceiling with spikes it would be a little uncomfortable. Nor would getting shot by guns or surviving supernovas. And the worst thing of all is getting caught in fractures of time and space, and it is at these moments when his surface personality as the socially backwards intellectual give way to show him at his most human.Allegiance: Solo (although best friends with Ian)Area: NoneBio: Like Ivan, his background is unknown. He's extremely nerdy and loves math like he would a wife (actually, he's hardly aware that women exist, at least in the romantic sense). With his extreme genius, he figured out a way to comprehend something he called "Superphysics" to help him create a new body, therefore freeing himself of the neurological limits of the human computer. He's usually deep in thought, but when he talks he tends to talk very fast and uses a heightened vocabulary that often needs to be translated into simpler terms. Please be aware that he is often aloof and doesn't understand the true way that people think, although he's a sincere guy with a heart of gold, and for that his friend who is a girl but not a girlfriend affectionately calls him "Superman".He and Ian tend to target villains who have capabilities to infiltrate the sanctuary of the human mind, which they consider to be one of the worst crimes a person can commit. They even tend to target heroes with such abilities. After that, they like to find ways to dismantle a villain's power if they can. Though that can be difficult, so usually the resort to just finding a way to lock them up. Killing is their last resort.He's also friends with two other bow-tied fellows named Ian and Io. Io's his best friend, even better than Ivan. However, she's not in this RPG. Not as a PC, at least. We'll see where things go.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

OOC: Hate to start you off on a bad note, but Ivan carries a stun gun that can instantly knock someone out for several hours - that seems a tad unfair to me...Nonetheless, welcome to To Save the World! :biggrin: You may want to read this post; it details the most recently-started plot.IC: The surrounding combatants were already trickling away through some other doorway, presumably to reach the audience seating of the stadium. Without another word, Sluice walked with Fellwyd through the tunnel marked 'A'. It was dimly-lit, though as they followed its curve a bright light could be seen up ahead. There was something else too. A deep throbbing vibration... a pulsing, pounding sensation... as they drew closer the mingled roar of chanting became audible. The crowd certainly sounded eager for the upcoming fight...

Edited by Kumata

I didn't think it was unfair because he has to actually hit someone with it. While he's drawing and aiming (maybe loading if its battery is low :P) characters with actual superpowers could have found cover, closed the distance or even managed to try and disarm him. And if he tries just firing wildly then he's less likely to actually hit anything

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Yeah. One of my characters has a gun that fires bullets that can kill people, but there's always a gust of wind or a sudden magnetic field or just plain bad luck, so he's effectively harmless. A several-hour stun-gun isn't that over-the-top.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "to stop Lady Hexas? if you are, i'd gladly help. I came here because the league's main base is around here so i could help them, but if guys are trying to stop her, i'll just go with you"

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Yeah, but a bullet can be allowed to hit sometimes in non-lethal areas in order to just hurt an opponent. There's no variation with this stun-gun, it either works or it doesn't. In-game it's going to have a practically 0% hit rate since players rarely want their character to get knocked out for an extended time. Could it not have lesser effects, like say it knocks you out after several moments' exposure, and a glancing blast would only numb the part of your body it struck? I'm only keeping on about this because I'm sure Kraggh doesn't want his character to have a weapon that never works.IC: Gadgeteer bristled. How had this person come to the conclusion that they were involved with the Lady Hexas situation? Had he been secretly monitoring Gadgeteer too? Or did the pair of them actually come across as heroic?"If you share our goals then you are welcome to join us," said Gadgeteer after a few moment's deliberation, "but it will help if you quickly outline your alias, powers, and any special skills you may possess. You too," he added, glancing at The Whistler. "Myself, am known as Gadgeteer. I have no superpowers, but my armoured battle suit contains a number of technological capabilities. I have also an advanced degree of engineering experience."Given that Carapace seemed to have been aware of all that was going on so far, Viktor knew that he must be able to view his HUD. He therefore, with a mental command, made a message appear there: Alert me if you wish your alias and/or participation to remain secret. He still wasn't sure of Carapace's moral alignment, but crime lords often wanted their name kept out of their dirty business. He was willing to honour such a wish, as he would on any hired mission, even if this 'mission' wasn't going to earn him a cent.IC: Sluice and Fellwyd stepped out into the bright light, the mixture of yells and cheers hitting them like a sonic attack. Sluice was glad of her specialised goggles, which filtered light so as to prevent her from being blinded. They were walking out into an oval-shaped arena, the ground hard but lined with a thin layer of dirt and sand. The audience surrounded the battlefield in ascending rings, a sea of colour against the black metal of the stadium. It was domed, with massive floodlights clustered on the ceiling. There were also things that looked like floodlights scattered around, but were switched off... Sluice realised after a moment that these were cameras. Of course, she remembered, the matches were broadcast on illegal channels. Though she had never been to one, Sluice imagined that it resembled the sort of venue one might visit in order to see a monster truck rally."Aaaaaaand, honoured ladies, gentlemen, and everything in-between, welcome... to the beginning of the newest season of Superbeing Smackdown!!!" The crowd roared in response to Showtime's echoing proclamation. The multicoloured announcer was standing in the centre of the arena, grinning, his face magnified thousands of times and displayed on two huge screens either end of the stadium. "We've seen how our contestants fare when fighting one-on-one, now it's time to see whether they've got what it takes to seize victory as a team! As before, they'll be fighting for a Grand Prize total of $100,000 - but wait! There's more! As our esteemed combatant Mastermind has so generously offered, there is an additional prize of $50,000 to whoever manages to best him in battle! Is that motivation enough? I think so! And now, the arrival of the teams! From the blue entrance we have Whirlpool! and! Fellwyd!"The crowd's response to the pair's names was mixed. No-one knew who they were, so some decided to cheer for the heck of it, some decided to boo for the heck of it, and others decided to boo because they didn't like the look of them. Some insults were shouted, but they were lost amongst the sea of noise. Sluice couldn't help cringing a bit; it was a horrible exercise for the self-esteem to be surrounded by hundreds of disdainful onlookers."And from the red entranceway; Pyroclast! and! Mage!" The response to the other two wasn't much better; Sluice decided that the crowd, being composed of criminals, probably just liked to scorn contestants in order to unnerve them. The pair of villains strode to meet Showtime in the centre of the battlefield; Sluice and Fellwyd did the same."Are both teams ready?" Asked Showtime, looking between the two pairs. Both gave their assent. "Then let the opening match of our newest season..." He declared this sentence in a slow, drawn-out manner, giving himself time to jog off of the battlefield. He reached it as he exclaimed the final word; "begin..!"OOC: Lord Rahl, you'd better start off, if only to describe what your characters look like. :P

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Welcome to the RPG, Kraggh!Well, in Murphy's defense, TSOoT, I let my guys take a beating the first time around. That's why Aquarius looks like he's been through a shredder and Impact was down for most of the fight. If Spex didn't have some wierd probability field deflecting bullets from him, we'd never get out of here. :PIC: (League Headquarters)Impact lashed out at Loadstone next, a concussive wave slamming into Loadstone mere seconds after Mystic had stepped off the magnaboard. The electromagnetic Hero tumbled backwards, losing his grip on KILL as his head narrowly missed both the wall and the floor as he worked to correct himself. Meanwhile, Spex was loading Aquarius into the backseat of KILL; the scientist groaned, his eyes sliding in and out of focus.OOC: Okay, so who needs to escape here? Aquarius, Impact, Spex, & Blowhard; Dread and Archmage are both hanging around somewhere; Meltdown was last seen unconscious somewhere and Dirge was confiscated by Cure-All; and Grau is still dueling with Maple-Man and being generally off-camera. Am I forgetting anybody?IC: (NPCs - Superbeing Smackdown!)"And from the red entranceway; Pyroclast! and! Mage!"As their names were announced, the two Villains stepped out into the arena, eliciting a handful of cheers amidst a series of boos. It seemed that one of them was a woman; she largely ignored the crowd's reaction and locked her eyes on her opponents from a distance, studying them as they approached each other. Her partner, however, strode regally beside her, nodding graciously to the audience as if they were all cheering for him.Once they took up positions on either side of Showtime, the Heroes were able to get their first good look at their opponents. The woman's skintight outfit bore a lavalike pattern of red, orange, yellow, and brown swirls, and a neon orange mask highlighted her long red hair and calculating crimson eyes. She was most likely Pyroclast, given the general flame-theme of her appearance.Mage was a tall, gaunt man in billowing red and gold robes that appeared as flamboyant as they did impractical. His long black hair was slicked back in a ponytail, and his piercing green eyes had an odd light to them; if you looked at them closely, they almost seemed to glow. A large, glowing orange stone hung from a silver chain around his neck. Most interesting, however, was the staff he carried: its long wooden shaft supported an intricately carved dragon, each muscle painstakingly detailed as it perched atop the head of the staff, mouth gaping as if about to breath fire. Its long, serpentine tail wound around the length of the staff, terminating in an arrowhead shape toward the end."Are both teams ready?" Asked Showtime, looking between the two pairs. Both gave their assent. "Then let the opening match of our newest season..." He declared this sentence in a slow, drawn-out manner, giving himself time to jog off of the battlefield. He reached it as he exclaimed the final word; "begin..!"The word was barely out of Showtime's mouth when Pyroclast formed a ball of flames between her hands and hurled it at Sluice, not giving her the chance to make the first move. A collective shout rang out from the audience; aggression, it seemed, put the spectators in a better mood.Mage, who had positioned himself across from Fellwyd, took a more cautious approach. With a flourish of one of his long sleeves, he settled into a ready position, staff held between himself and Fellwyd as he waited for the alien to make the first move...~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Dirge can be considered officially captured. I don't mind Meltdown being left behind either.IC: Sluice dived to the side to avoid the flames - there was no time for her to summon enough moisture to block the attack. At least her thoughts about Pyroclast's powers had been confirmed. She just hoped that Fellwyd could handle Mage for the moment.Spinning around, she focused on seizing command of the H20 particles from the air - and there was plenty of it inside the spacious arena - and willed them to gather around Pyroclast, rapidly making the air around her very humid. The idea was to make it difficult for the villain to generate flames in such a soggy atmosphere...

NPC: A reply quickly formed under the message on the HUD. I would appreciate that. Carapace was a man who knew well how powerful information was - not just to those who possessed it, but to those who controlled it. Besides, if he was going to be known to one member of this impromptu team, it might as well be the one who didn't seem to have his head in the clouds or a tendency to growl like he was trying to scare alley punks. So far Gadgeteer had displayed admirable professionalism, even if his gear could use an upgrade. Or a complete overhaul. {H-D}IC: Shard took a moment to consider where he was. He was, at this moment, sitting upside-down in the driver's seat of a car that seemed to drive itself, also an entry and escape vehicle for supervillains that charged down walls with little to no damage, in the middle of a pitched battle between the forces of good and evil. And the car was hitting him in the face with the gas pedal. "Hey, quit it!" He complained, though in truth he couldn't really feel it. Still annoying, though. After several moments spent struggling about in the seat he managed to right himself and get a better look around him, which included looking in the back seat. That was when he noticed the blue guy with the glasses laying Aquarius down there, and the blue guy seemed to notice him (he wasn't exactly quiet). For a moment Shard simply stared, honestly caught off-guard. Then he brought his arm around in a left hook aimed squarely at the goggles.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC(Whistler): The minstrel looked askance at the newcomer, deciding that he liked neither the look nor the sound of him. Still, in situations like this, he could hardly take his pick of who he wanted to work with."I've already told you what I go by, so that doesn't need repeating. With regards to, ah, abilities, I can handle myself well enough in a fight, but I don't shoot fire out of my eyes or thunder out of anywhere, if that's what you mean."IC(Fellwyd): With Mage taking a cautious approach to this fight - and the fact that Fellwyd had no idea what his opponent's abilities even were - this could very well turn out to be a long fight. The repitlian alien circled his opponent carefully, taking note of Mage's thin build as he waited for some indication of what exactly he was dealing with.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

:kaukau: OOC: Well, along with what other people have said in my defense, I should have also clarified that it wouldn't have worked on someone with Omega-radiation powers and it only suited for non-super individuals. Otherwise, if he wants to put someone out he needs to conceal a special needle and inject them, and there are plenty of superpowered people here where that wouldn't work on, such as the ones who aren't organic or are usually covered in some protective armor. He also has a thin stun dagger, but that doesn't knock someone out so much as immobilizes them so long as it's literally a thorn in their side, and a creative writer shouldn't have too much difficulty figuring ways around that.Anyway, I only mentioned the one weapon because I felt it most related to his character and was one of the more distinct thing in his closet. The stun gun is the thing he carries around with him specifically for nonviolent self-defense incase he's attacked on a normal day (which happens often). Although if he's specifically prepared for a mission, then he tends to use more offensive weapons, which typically fire forms of explosive energy, which is much more fun to write about because, as The Bones Blog said: "Explosions are the answer".Unfortunately, I won't be able to make an IC post for another week due to real life issues, but I look foreward to acquainting myself with everyone here soon!Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

OOC: I wonder, then, if it would affect people whose powers are based on Alpha or Zeta Radiation, or those whose powers are simply noted as not being Omega Radiation-based...IC: (League Headquarters)Spex backpedaled instinctively, firing forceful beams of energy from his eyes in an attempt to knock the punch aside with the impact of the beams.IC: (NPCs - Superbeing Smackdown!)Pyroclast tensed, waiting for a counter attack. When none became apparent, she willed another ball of flame into existence, and paused when it spluttered and nearly fizzled out. She frowned, feeding more energy and concentration into the flame. Her eyes darted from the fire to Sluice, trying to figure out exactly what was going on.Mage turned with Fellwyd, always keeping the alien in front of him and the staff between them, eyes roaming over Fellwyd's unique physicality. After a moment or two spent in analyzing each other Mage flicked his wrist, bobbing the staff ever so slightly. A jet of green fire burst forth from the mouth of the carved dragon, aimed directly at the center of Fellwyd's chest.~Lord Rahl~

IC: One of the many odd things about being a single, solid mass of diamond was that once he started moving, Shard was very hard to stop. There was no joint at the elbow to push back, no soft muscle to force - it was literally like trying to push a statue's arm out of place. Except that it was already moving. Which of course raised the question of how it could move at all, but he seemed to manage just fine. In this case, that came in very handy: His arm did not even slow down as it flew towards Spex's face.That wasn't to say the impact beams had no effect, though. While its movement was, as noted, undeterred and largely undeterrable, the moment the impact beams struck a network of cracks began forming at the knuckles, which quickly spread visibly throughout the hand and wrist. On Shard's end, that hurt like flaming ****, and structural integrity was looking a bit shaky. He should probably be more careful with this guy from now on...*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Green fire, eh? Sounds like Mage could make good money working at a Hibachi grill.IC(Fellwyd): The first rule of dealing with ambiguous energy discharges, be it an alien laser, unfamiliar radiation, or green fire, is that first-hand experience is never the right way to figure out what it does. Accordingly, Fellwyd lunged to his left, very nearly rolling to avoid the technicolor flame, and, keeping himself moving quickly enough to be a bad target for a second shot, looked along the path of the ball of flame to see what it would do to whatever it ended up hitting...

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"i don't have any natural powers, but i have a nanoforge on my armor that allows for healing of small damages to the armor. i also have duel 9mm SMGs that i use, and i'm skilled in hand-to-hand combat"

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

OOC: Oi, stick to your powers as listed. Lone's power-list doesn't say a single thing about getting into people's computer systems.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "And your alias?""Lone."Gadgeteer nodded. Lone's nanoforge greatly interested him, and in general he was glad to have another armoured fighter helping out. As for The Whistler... he wondered if there was anything useful the man could actually do. His supersuit didn't look particularly well-armoured, he claimed to have no powers or special skills - maybe he had a gadget or two hidden somewhere? The idea of someone perfectly ordinary choosing to fight crime was beyond Viktor; he felt there had to be some aspect of himself The Whistler was keeping secret. But he didn't want to waste any more time questioning him."I was just about to... accommodate an airplane," Gadgeteer explained to the pair. "I have determined the origin point of Lady Hexas' worldwide broadcast. It came from Manchester, England. We have-" He checked his HUD - "ten hours eighteen minutes left before she makes good on her threat to destroy a city, so I suggest we leave at once."He began striding across the airfield in quick paces, expecting the others follow him. His armour clanked softly. As he marched he added a new message to Carapace on his HUD: If your wish is to remain secret then further communication should be done in this way.IC: Sluice found it very strange that they'd launched into fighting without talking. She was used to most of her battles with villains beginning with her trying to talk them down, persuade them to stop committing whatever crime they were committing, diffuse the situation before it got violent - it hardly ever worked, but she always had to try. Here though, it was accepted from the get-go that the two pairs would be fighting, and nothing could be done or said to prevent that.As Pyroclast faltered, trying to figure out why her flames weren't working, Sluice mentally coalesced more water moisture and flung it at the villainness in the form of a flurry of ice daggers. True to her signature style, they were hollow and designed to simply shatter painfully on impact. Her friend Cannonball had once asked why she bothered making them dagger-shaped if they weren't intended to pierce anybody. There were two reasons. Firstly, the shape was more aerodynamic, meaning that she didn't actually have to control them all the way to their target - she could just fling them and let physics do the rest. Secondly, it was simply more scary to see a group of knives flying toward you than it was shapeless blocks...

Edited by Kumata

IC: "ok then. lets get going." lone followed the other two to the plane, wondering what was going to happen next.

War...war never changes.

OOCWell, for Goddess at least, nothing's changed; the shark person showed up on every screen all over the world so I guess Steven and her might go after it, but Steven's unlikely to want to go to League HQ, considering how much he was fretting about one hero.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Speaking with StevenIC:

"Thanks, Grav," said Goddess with a smile before turning to walk down the street. It was about then that the screens went haywire and the message popped up (Yeah, yeah, I realize this was a while ago.). After watching it, she turned to Steven and said, "Uh... That wasn't you, right? Or my mind tricking itself?"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Negafire'd been flying for a long time... He had gotten a bit of intel from the Coalition, something about a small group at an airport... He decided to head there. As he closed in on the airport, he saw them, a group of 3 or 4 headed for a small plane. He rocketed down towards them, hitting the ground in front of them and rolling to his feet. He didn't recognize any of them, so he hoped they wouldn't recognize him as a Plasmafire lookalike. "Okay, stay cool stay cool stay cool..." "Hey there! Are you guys going to take care of the sharky lady thingy?" He cried, knowing he needed to get in with that group...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC(Whistler): The straightforward nature of the question, quite apart from being obnoxious, was a bit suspicious."No," was the Whistler's reply, preempting anything the other two could say. "Though the strange occurrences that no doubt fill your world do their best, the lives of those of us who don't spend our days in uncomfortably tight costumes, dashing hither and thither, always, ostensibly, to the rescue of someone or something, do go on. As it happens, my associates and I are very close to being late for a very important business meeting in Bolivia."Someone randomly finding them at the airport was one thing, albeit an improbable thing. Someone drawing the conclusion that they must be dealing with such a very specific piece of business based on precious little information raised far too many red flags for their presence to be tolerated.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Negafire raised an eyebrow. "But you're all in costume. Who goes to a business meeting in super costumes? It was a guess on my part, perhaps an uneducated one. However, every intelligence agency in the world is working on finding Hexas, and I'm guessing the League's already dispatched a team. Please, excuse my ignorance for assuming that perhaps your group might be trying to help the situation."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC(Whistler): "Costume, yes. Super costume, I think not - the Middle Ages in general, and minstrels in particular, were rather lacking in the 'laser eyes' department. As for my associates... consider them, for lack of a better term, bodyguards. Our group has other concerns than a fish with delusions of adequacy."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Negafire rolled his eyes. "Fine, if you're not interested in a guy with pyrokinetic powers who could potentially be an incredibly great asset against someone with potential water-based powers, I'll go find the League group." Yeah, it was a shot in the dark, but there was always the off chance that this super aggressive and annoying jester was lying. Yeah, super slim chance of that.

IC(Whistler): Here came the critical moment. If either of the other two were not aware that someone just happening to find them like this, and then approaching them, talking (rather loudly) about the armor-wearing fish, was just a little bit suspicious, there was a good chance that they might decide to throw the whole "ditch the stranger" plan under the bus - as all three of them were technically strangers, the only thing against such a thing happening was the fact that none of them had approached the others with "Hey, are you planning on taking care of the fish-thing?"

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: So...what's going on with Aquarius and co? Are they escaping yet? I haven't bothered to have Skyra do anything cause I'd rather just let them get away now. :PAnd I've been waiting for a chance to have Skyra get some actual sleep so Dreamcatcher can contact him! :o

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: What on Earth was going on? In the space of ten minutes three unconnected individuals, each seeking to stop Lady Hexas, had just happened to stumble upon Gadgeteer. Was he the butt of some elaborate practical joke? Was Carapace using his who-knews-how-extensive influence to nudge these people in his direction?His first thought was a command; a command for a message to appear on his HUD. What is your opinion on this individual - have you any information on him? Then whilst he waited for a reply to appear he stepped forward to speak to the pyrokinetic, hoping to stall for time. It wasn't something he liked to do on a timed mission, but if Carapace's previous speedy assessment of The Whistler was any indication, he would only have to wait a few minutes."You are with the League? Then please present your League ID. Otherwise airport security will have to remove you for trespassing on this airfield." Gadgeteer was pretending to assume that the pyrokinetic was with the League - that way the pyrokinetic's response would reveal whether he was with the League or not. Gadgeteer suspected not - a League member should be far better informed than to go chatting to strangers at airports - but then again maybe the League was sending out agents to curb the efforts of solo forces, prevent them from interfering from the League's own plans to stop Lady Hexas.Were any psychics in the area to read his thoughts, it would be clear that Viktor was a very suspicious, almost paranoid sort. But what else could be expected of a man who had grown up in Soviet Russia during the best days of the cold war..?

Edited by Kumata

IC: Negafire sighed and shook his head. Well, now comes the time for the lies. He thought. "No, I'm not with the League. I only just discovered my powers a couple weeks ago. I'm a solo hero calling myself 'N-Ber'. Kind of a play on the word ember, like in a fire. I was hoping to join the League after I'd established a name for myself. I had hoped that I might be able to help out in this situation."

IC(Whistler): The Whistler was, to say the least, still just a little bit skeptical of the newcomer's story."Right, so you're just some guy who just found out he's got powers... and you found us here how? We haven't exactly been putting out beacons announcing our little business trip or anything like that, and while we might stand out in a crowd, I doubt we're prominent enough to draw you here from, ah... wherever you were before you popped over for a chat."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Negafire shrugged. "'Where I was', was just above you. I was making a pass over the airfield, practicing my flying. I spotted you guys and just... Had a feeling that I should try to help out."

NPC: Carapace consulted some files. They weren't hard to find - Negafire, he found, hadn't been around for that long, but he'd made a bit of a name for himself. After a quick call to a colleague confirmed the details, he responded with a series of short messages to Gadgeteer's HUD, pausing for exactly two-point-seven-five seconds each time so he could read them. His name is Negafire, a dark copy of a known League hero named Plasmafire. Origin irrelevant. | He is also a member of the Coalition of Corruption. My contacts therein are reluctant to speak. They fear their master's wrath. | A psychological profile at this time is impossible, but do not expect altruism or camaraderie. He may or may not prove reasonable, however. | Though unconfirmed, the most probable explanation is that he genuinely did spot you by accident, but intends to monitor the Hexas situation and report to the Coalition's leader. | However he is almost certainly not here on orders, as the Coalition is more likely to monitor more established heroes and groups. | Note: It may be advisable to keep your enemies closer. His powers would be useful, but he is liable to desert you if the situation turns sour. | I will leave the final decision up to you.Finally he leaned back, observing the multitude of screens before him. That should do it. Gadgeteer's judgement so far had proven sound, and odds were he would kick the pyrokinetic to the curb, as he would be more a liability than an asset. Plus, the responsibility of choosing his teammates would probably make him feel more in control of the situation than if Carapace simply ordered him around all the time. And the best way to make someone do what you want is to make them think it was their idea.{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: I apologize for the delay/OOC-only post, but I wanted to let you guys know that my Internet is down and has been for a couple days. I'm getting it sorted out and should be back up and running within a few days, but until then I don't have access for a long enough period to do a detailed IC or really do more than skim a post or two at a time. Sorry again. ~Lord Rahl~