To Save The World!

IC:"yes, it does. and it also has an on board nanoforge that can repair the armor in combat, if needed. that's no problem to carry. unless they have metal dectors at the door, then it might prove a problem."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: "I doubt that they would be so security-conscious as to have metal detectors... but if they do, we will say that it is the metal of a clipboard clip or some other harmless thing. They cannot detect how much metal is in the briefcases, after all." He selected a silvery tin from the trolley, and peeled back the film to reveal contents that were not immediately recogniseable. It smelt vaguely potato-ish. Wrinkling his nose, he put it down, then placed his elbow on the top of the trolley."Arm-wrestle with me," he said to Lone, seemingly out of the blue. Then he explained himself: "I need to know which if our armours has the greatest strength capacity..."

Edited by Kumata

IC(Bruce Airey): A few minutes after he had left, Bruce returned from the bathroom, wearing a rather slick black business suit that, combined with his thin frame, made him look just a little like an overly-formal scarecrow. Against the black background of his suit, jacket and tie, the gold tips of his boots stood out rather clearly, and it was pretty obvious that he spent more time polishing his shoes than he did eating. Though he took the same seat as before, the remains of his sandwich seemed to be completely forgotten, as he instead elected to stare out of the window until some juncture in the conversation called for his input.OOC: Oh, and you know that goofy thing with the zombie rhino?Somebody did that with a live rhino, apparently.So, uh... yeah. Conquer all the rhinos, is what I guess I'm saying here.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: Truth be told, Ultionis didn't much care about the sword in this part of his plan (he tried not to think of it as a plan, since those had a nasty tendency not to work, but changing his thought processes in the middle of a battle proved harder than he'd hoped) since he was well under its effective range and, anyway, by the time it came around he had already lunged right through the phaser. The leap itself had taken him a good few feet, and he rolled several more on ground contact, putting him well out of the blade's immediate reach long enough to hurl the EMP grenade with a precision born of almost fifteen years' experience and training directly at the hole in the car's windshield. Thankfully it was a pretty big hole. That diamond guy had gone right through it.The moment he'd let go of the grenade, the touch-sensor had activated its countdown. Three seconds after he released it. Two seconds after it went through the hole. One second after it settled. Perfectly calculated, practically instinctive by now. But as usual, there was no time to consider how tossing weapons of death was second nature to him. Not with an angry phaser wielding a massive sword standing just out of reach. And with no one distracting him, there was no way to get that last thermal grenade in reach without it being knocked away. ****.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

Dieter Geist, Grau/Mansion Holding Aquarius, Helping the EscapeIC:

Grau let a German swear pass through his lips. He miscalculated, and now KILL was probably shut down for a bit. Oh well, he couldn't let that get to him. He had to take care of Ultionis and hold off the rest of the heroes. Thus, he lunged forward, using a wide sweep one foot above the ground that would his target if he tried to dodge left, right, or downwards. If he jumped, Grau would brutally slam into him with a shoulder. If a forward roll was attempted, Grau would use the blade's momentum to swing around and slice before Ultionis was out of range. If the hero leaped back, then the process would just repeat.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: it was a quick match against Victor. he lasted all of half a mintue, which was more then Lone expected." you put up a good fight."

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC: Gadgeteer took a pair of sandwiches wrapped in clingfilm from the trolley.

OOC: Okay, it's words like this that make me wonder how exactly we speak the same language. Stateside, we call that plastic wrap. :PSpeaking of CoKK, is Trans MIA too? I've been waiting on a reaction post from KILL, since he is technically the escape vehicle...Also, welcome to TSTW!, Wan! :)IC: (League Headquarters)In an effort to subdue the Villain attacking Ultionis, Loadstone reached out with one hand, magnetic fields enveloping Grau's sword. Intangibility worked on the principle of molecular density, the bonds between the body's molecules loosening enough to allow other molecules to pass between them without damage. In essence, the molecules were still present, if not entirely cohesive.This then brought up the properties of magnetism, and that it could affect substances at a molecular level. So, the prevailing theory behind Loadstone's attack was that, tangible or not, a magnetic field would be able to grab hold of the blade easily. Then it would be a simple matter to hold it in one place so that this maniac couldn't swing it around anymore.IC: (Superbeing Smackdown!)Pyroclast swept her hand out in front of her, a stream of lava pouring from her palm and melting the floor with an evil hiss. She passed her hand back and forth, widening the pool of lava forming between herself and Sluice even while the flame wall was being extinguished. Mage held his ground, waiting until Fellwyd was too close to change his direction, then ended the torrent of flames and lunged to the side, swinging the staff around towards the back of Fellwyd's head as he passed by.~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Trans does tend to drop in and out of posting, but I'll give him a nudging PM too. In fact I'll send one off to Korkoa, as he hasn't been about recently either... where've they all gone?IC: BAM! The two grasping metal fists slammed into the surface of the trolley, denting it. Gadgeteer had resisted his hardest but his strength was merely augmented; Lone's went all the way up to superhuman."Good," was all he said in response to the contest. For the thirty seconds or so they had been wrestling, Gadgeteer's CPU had been doing a number of calculations, gauging Lone's exact specifications of strength. He could have just asked Lone what his specs were, but then there was no guarantee that Lone would answer truthfully. Just because Gadgeteer trusted his teammates to aid in the mission, didn't mean that he trusted them entirely.IC: Waves of heat began to assail Sluice again as the floor started to melt. In the back of her mind she briefly wondered if Superbeing Smackdown had countermeasures for this sort of thing; if the fight went on long enough Pyroclast could feasibly melt the entire arena. Either way she doubted they would intervene during the fight itself. She backed away, continuing to gather water molecules from the air and keeping her grip on the humidity surrounding Pyroclast. Making a sweeping gesture with her arms, moisture gathered before Sluice in a visible whitish cloud. It was a safe bet that the villainness possessed some resistance, if not immunity to extreme heat. But did her teammate? Time to find out. Sluice suddenly jerked her arm to the side, and the cloud of steam blasted towards Mage - steam that had been superheated by the nearby lava...

OOC: Considering who else is in about the same place Mage is, I hope you enjoy boiled lizard. :PIC(Fellwyd): When the staff connected with the back of Fellwyd's head, what it really hit was about three inches of solid bone, producing a heavy clunking sound, made slightly louder by the fact that Fellwyd had stopped charging when his target moved out of the way.Shaking off the impact rather easily, the alien pivoted, snapping his arm up and backwards in an attempt to snatch the staff away from Mage.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

:kaukau: OOC: I tried reading from the beginning of the Lady Hexas plot to this point, but honestly, I think I'm just going to introduce my characters now and play it by ear.IC: (Ivan/Ike)Beethoven played in the kindergarten to promote brainwave activity. Ivan had specifically selected Fur Elise, his favorite, but all too often children would complain that the song by the latest pop diva wasn't played.Pop divas! Whatever happened to the good old days of classic rock, glam rock, and rock ballads? Even heavy metal was better than pop diva music. In fact, even with his sophisticated tastes, he fostered a love and a passion for heavy metal, for it was a truly hardcore form of music. Especially if sung in German. Not that German was his favorite language, but somehow people had it wrong when they said that it wasn't as musical as Latin. It was the mark of a truly uncivilized brute, an uncultured ignoramus, or a narrow-minded soul deprived of the clarity that came with understanding, for understanding was light and life, liberty and salvation.And on that tangent, Beethoven was German, and so was Johann Sebastian Bach. Bite that, stuck-up Latin-lovers.Of course, the attitude of the children was understandable. Ivan considered that maybe someday he should show them Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 to give them a subconscious understanding of the true beauty behind the arts. How brilliant. How wonderful.How devious a device of propaganda. He loved it."Dr. Ivan, I hurt my kneeeeeee!" cried a little girl who had been rough-housed by boys."You two, scat!" said Ivan, and he picked the girl up."I was only trying to play house," said the girl."Ilidia, way to be a stereotypical little girl defined by the gender roles forced upon us by our culture instead of an independent human being set free by the independence of Thoreau. Fortunately, you have no idea what I just said.""What did you mean?" said Ilidia."It means that I'm an understanding person. Those boys were also being rather dumb. Everyone's a little dumb most of the time because that's just the way people are. I wear a bow tie all the time, isn't that kind of dumb of me?" said Ivan."I think it makes you cool, Dr. Ivan!" said Ilidia."Why thank you," said Ivan. "Now then, am I a doctor or what? Let's say that I patch you up to be as good as new, shall we?""Do you have a band-aid?" asked Ilidia."Even better," said Ivan. From seemingly out of nowhere he pulled out bandage. "This looked like a band-aid, but it makes your cuts and scrapes go completely away." He applied it to her knee and pulled it off after only half a second of contact, and her scrape was completely gone."Wow!" said Ilidia."Yes, it's a wonderful magic trick. Did I tell you that I'm a magician?""No you're not! You're a doctor and that's what you do!" said Ilidia."I'm a doctor and a physician. That's how I got you fixed so fast, with magic," said Ivan."No, that was science," said Ilidia."No, it was magic," said Ivan."No, science! You know, like lasers and stuff!" said Ilidia.Ivan raised an eyebrow. "You know what? You're a very smart kid. How old are you?""Four," said Ilidia."Well Ilidia, you're a pretty smart four-year-old, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise, even if they say that you're an object produced by intrusive cultural standards that predefine who you are to focus more on the sum of your parts rather than the whole of your being.""What?""I'm being nerdy, now run along. Well, maybe not, considering that this is indoors," said Ivan, and he got back to his feet to observe the room around him. Everything was in order. The wonderful, adorable prats were being wonderful, adorable prats. A contradiction? Yes, but their prattitude was most certainly adorable considering that it was natural and human, them being, for the most part themselves, behaving as children in most cultures would have.Although to clarify, Rousseau was wrong."Rousseau was WRONG!" he said out loud, although not intrusively loud. Some of the children looked at him, however, and tried to figure out what on Earth was going on with him. He waved them off, and they stopped paying attention. After all, no kid cared that much about the mysteries of "adult-talk"."Dr. Ivan," said a boy, Icarus by name."Yessssss, Icarus?" said Ivan."So you're saying that culture tries to enforce an identity on us that hinders our ability to self-understanding?"Okay, perhaps Ivan was wrong in speaking in such absolutes; not every child ignored adult-talk, and there were always exceptions."Yes, essentially. And as you grow up - ""You look to culture for answers on how to deal with new things in life instead of confronting God in the Neoplatonic sense," finished Icarus."Yikes, you're scary," said Ivan. "My friend Ike would like you. By the way, what do you think of the idea of me showing the kids here a movie, something a little more educational, like Fantasia and Fantasia 2000?""Wouldn't that be promoting a specific cultural brand of music, and thus contradicting your philosophy thus laid forth?" asked Icarus."No, it wouldn't. Rather, I'd merely be opening a door into the complexities of the musical realm that would add a more diverse range of musical tastes and appreciation via means that would stimulate young minds in a positive way, which I believe to be possible through the aforementioned movies. In doing so, hopefully I will prepare children for a future in which they will be further excepting of new ideas and challenges against their capacities of independent thought," said Ivan."But..." said Icarus."That's it, now you're being contrary. My philosophy is intact," said Ivan, right before getting hit in the head by a beach ball. He caught it as it bounced off of him and deflated it."Awwww," groaned several boyishly boyish boys. Ivan smirked."Aaaaanyway," said Ivan, "I've decided that we're all going to watch a movie!"He pulled out his holographic projector. It had a rather large database of files hanging within it, from a stuffed library of gene splices to files on secret government documents. So naturally it also contained every single song and movie he had ever liked. He attached the projector to the wall and turned it on. At once a large rectangle appeared on the wall, looking like a large plasma screen. Only the detail was even more high definition. The device let out several invisibly magno-beams that hit all the walls of the room.For the record, surround sound was the definition of high definition. Because who said HD was visual?"Turn off the lights, we're just going to watch a Disney movie!""Disney? I love Disney!" said several kids. Ivan saw Ilidia jumping up and down in the section where she liked to play house. Oh boy, how much sugar were these kids on?So they watched Fantasia, with kid Icarus in the background mostly ignoring it. Ivan observed the little rascal, figuring that Icarus had to have seen the film before. Well, Icarus hardly needed the education anyhow. That door had already been opened him.Then, all of a sudden, halfway through the movie, the screen changed into a large shark making weird demands. The kids started laughing. One of Ivan's eyebrows raised, but he laughed too. How absurd. A talking shark. Imagine that.Then the movie continued, and Ivan made a mental note to block that simple hand device from being hacked into by scattered satellites, because such technology was so beneath him these days.Then, all at once, a tall guy clad in white burst into the room."Holy Mackerel!""Ike, that was a Chlamydoselachus anguineus, clearly not a member of the Lamniformes order," said Ivan."Io's favorite animal is the Great White Shark, so - "Ivan got up from his chair and grabbed Ike by the shirt. Although it looked ridiculous and a bit outmatched, he pushed the jolly white giant out of the room and into the parking lot of the daycare so as to carry on the discussion out of earshot. "Great Scott, I don't care about what Io's favorite animal is. Why do you always have to tell me what she would think? Doof!"Ike looked over Ivan's shoulder, which wasn't that hard for him to do. Ivan looked around and saw Icarus peeking out of door to eavesdrop on the conversation. "Get back in there.""No, I was just wondering what the talk about the shark was, since it was an obvious worldwide hijacking of interstellar equipment, on a considerable level too if you consider what it must have taken to interfere with your conspicuously high tech projector," said Icarus."Nothing," said Ivan, and in a moment of genre-savvy brilliance he added. "There are so many heroes in this world that it doesn't merit talking about. Whether or not I tried to make a difference, the shark lady is still going to be overthrown, because it always works that way."Ike shrugged and began walking away."Wait, where are you going? Oh no you don't," said Ivan. "That's a ridiculous idea. No. Noooooooo. Now just because it's a shark, doesn't mean you should take interest. Oh my, how can you be so single-minded sometimes?""I see potential to expend my time here in a more exotic fashion.""We've already seen this scenario before. Remember the various man-sharks on Exa Theta Five? Then there was the blow-up-city gambit, which we've seen plenty of times. I also smell traces of a Racnoss ploy, again, unoriginal. Furthermore the files she's looking for are probably don't officially exist on any known level except to the select secretive few, and we've seen that before.""And yet, never quite in this combination," said Ike."He's absolutely right," said Icarus. "Hey Ike, Ivan was just showing us how to think independently and escape being defined by the narrow blinders that society imposes on us.""I like him," said Ike. "He's coming with.""What? His parents are going to be so worried," said Ivan, who later added "And he's going to be contrary. I thought I was taking a vacation away from Io. I thought I was going to just use my powers of awesomeness to help daycares be happier and more fun. Oh, fine, you win. Let me go get my supplies.""Your analysis of your objective emerged into an erroneous course of action that failed to meet the original end, for in order to satisfy your desires you would have had to taken on the more intriguing approach of solving the inefficiencies of a more conveniently insane daycare," said Ike, picking up Icarus."No, I was actually intending on solving a random problem such as lack of independent thought, but ah well. Look, the daycare gets out in two hours. That's all the time I need before I'm done subbing. You can move along at some other time, okay?""Ywis, Ivan."Ivan went back into the daycare and into the small little office. The one with the little plastic thing around the doorknob that you had to squeeze in order to operate, meant to seal off kids but in reality hardly fooled most of them. A key would have been nice, but apparently the people who made the day care didn't have much faith in the ability of an employee to keep his keys on him.Or maybe they were just genre savvy.Either way, Ivan continued watching after the kids, but he also thought constantly about Ike. The shark was going to be an annoying threat, but what Ivan really couldn't stand was that he was going to be forced to work aside a ton of superheroes wearing tights. He would either look real stupid, or he would be one of the few cool people there for dressing in a slightly more normal attire, albeit still eccentric with the bowtie.By the time the daycare was out, he had his duffel bag fully packed. He met Ike back outside, only to see that Ike was still carrying Icarus."What? No, he's going to be baggage!" said Ivan. "Worried parents, charges of abduction, protecting him when we can be kicking but, the whole deal! We can't do this.""And yet he'll come in handy somehow," said Ike. "It's a statistic improbability, but you have my word, and since when have I ever been wrong?""Approximately 0.53% of the time," said Ivan."A vast majority of the time I have made claims that defied statistics I have still managed to be correct against all probability. Therefore, I can only conclude that my intuitive rationale for sacrificing baggage for practicality will turn out," said Ike."Alright, alright, enough of that. Now, let's go," said Ivan.And Icarus shouted "To save the world!"OOC: Okay, I admit that with these guys I tend to have a ton of dialogue that just rambles on. And unfortunately it wasn't even that funny this time around and I probably didn't do the characters justice (Weird how thoughts don't always just translate down onto paper, isn't it?). You won't see posts like this too often, though. Still, at least it introduced me into the RPG.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh Edited by Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

OOC: Yay! I'm not the newest member to this RPG =) Also, fantastic post Kraggh. I loved the big words Ivan used with the kindergardeners xD I am skeptical of Icarus's question and the four year old's use of the word 'Technology' but then again I'm playing a teenage urban crawler who can make clones of himself instantaneously, so what right have I to be skeptical? Haha~<3IC: [Exemplar at Superpower Smackdown]Bobby was hanging upside down from a light mounting fixture. He had slid his legs through the cross bars that the lamps were bolted to and locked his ankles into the I-beams of the overall structure. The result was that, other than a mild discomfort on his shins, he had no effort exerted in keeping himself aloft. One of his clones had mimicked him and the other was still on the ground. The ground clone's arms were crossed across his chest while he leaned against the wall, obviously angry. He had been the bottom clone as Bobby and the other clone climbed up in a human-ladder type design to grab the lowest possible grip. From there, Bobby had lifted himself to a more stable position by spreading his legs and using the pressure of his two knees between a pair of beams to hold himself while he pulled the clone up. The third clone was left behind to watch as Bobby and the lucky one shimied- not unlike monkeys- to their current position.Seeing the fight over the heads of the crowd was a much more enjoyable experience, but after being still for about a minute Bobby was getting restless again. He wanted to jump into the arena and join the fray. Why shouldn't I? Is it against the rules? Bloody heck, most of everyone here is a villain. I recognize half the local population. We break laws and rules for a living he thought to himself. In the end, he decided not to involve himself prematurely.

Well, that sucked. Grau cursed again, using all his strength to dig the blade into the ground, so as not to let it be used against him. Seeing as this guy had magnetism, the Glock and the rapier would likely be just as useless. Thus, he took both from his waist. The rapier was stabbed deep into the ground and the gun unceremoniously tossed away.Looked like he would have to get personal. And just when he thought that his hands wouldn't need to actually get dirty in this fight... Whatever. Grau cracked his knuckles and turned back to Ultionis, charging forward. Time to show these heroes some acrobatics.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

OOC: Unless it's going to cause brain damage, unconsciousness tends to last for no more than a few minutes when induced by blunt-force trauma.IC(Mr. No-One): The CIA agent's eyes cracked open slowly, and he saw that - as usual, when waking up with bits of wall behind you - the whole situation was a complete mess. Some lunatic had parked a car in the middle of the lobby or whatever this room was supposed to be, villainous characters were all either piling into it or mucking about, and everything was just generally bad.So, as less-than-super spies are obligated to do in messy situations, he pulled himself back up, grumbling various unpleasant things as he did so, and took aim at the generally-pretty-ugly car and its occupants.Clearing his throat, he steadied his grip, and started firing off shots as quickly as he could while still keeping his aim centered on the target."Free bullets! Get 'em while they're hot!"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: What an eventful day this was turning out to be. He'd have to remember to thank whoever had just made the phaser's weapons completely useless - a ferrokinetic, probably, but he couldn't spare the time to look - and bought him the time he needed to pull the next trick out of his sleeve. With his free hand the soldier extracted a flashbang grenade and tossed it unceremoniously into the air, right between him and his opponent. With the timer he'd set it would go off well before it was in range for the phaser to bat it away, and his own mask had auto-sealing earplugs and polarized lenses. With luck, this would be the break he needed to kill that overgrown, wannabe ghost. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

Too bad for Ultionis that Grau could, in essence, nullify the light effects of the grenade. He dropped beneath the ground, flying through the earth. His hands covered his ears to protect from the loud sound that wasn't muffled by the earth. Once it went off, he kept charging. When he was where he believed his target stood, the villain shot from the ground, fist extremely dense and aimed at his opponent's face.

OOC: I just feel the need to point out that there is a forcefield around the Superbeing Smackdown! battle, in order to protect the audience from wayward attacks, and (I would assume) to keep others from interfering. ;)IC: (NPCs - Superbeing Smackdown!)Though Mage was far from as frail as he appeared, Fellwyd was stronger than the Villain, and he had not been anticpating just how strong. With a pull greater than Mage was prepared to counter, the staff came flying out of his hands. Preoccupied as he was, he almost missed the cloud of steam hurtling his way. He threw an arm up between himself and the cloud, and the orange stone hanging from a chain around his neck pulsed brighter for a moment. The steam visibly parted around him as it passed by, and when he lowered his arm the stone returned to it's normal glow.Now with a sizeable barrier of lava between herself and Sluice, Pyroclast returned to the offensive, willing bubbling jets of superhot goo to spurt out of the pool toward the Heroine...~Lord Rahl~

IC: Well, Sluice consoled herself, at least she'd now determined that the chain around Mage's neck could avert attacks somehow. Maybe Fellwyd could steal it for himself. She hadn't much time to dwell on this however, for lava was beginning to rise up and leap toward her. More boiling waves of air assailed her as she weaved around the jets, making her feel lightheaded and weak. Maintaining the cloud of humidity around Pyroclast became more of a challenge with each passing second, so with one big exertion of will Sluice summoned the cloud to surround herself instead, providing a slight defense against the heated atmosphere of the arena...OOC: No time for a big post; will IC more with Sluice later.

IC(Fellwyd): When Mage parted the superheated steam, a significant portion of it hit Fellwyd full-on, causing a few rather painful burns as it passed.Nonetheless, the alien was confident that he now possessed the upper hand in this confrontation. Holding Mage's staff at his side, he considered his options for a moment, before lunging once more at the gaunt man, swinging the staff like a club at Mage's ribs. He had no intention of killing Mage in this fight, but if given the opportunity, he would break him.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Have we had any updates from CoKK? Or King Joe? Two of my players are out of commission without them.IC: Negafire chewed on a roast beef sandwich, watching with little interest at the arm wrestling match in front of him. He noticed that Whistler had returned, dressed in civvie clothes, and decided it was time for him to change as well. He got up, brushed sandwich crumbs off himself, stepped into the aisle, and allowed a short burst of blue flame to envelop his body.When the short burst ended, the creature known, for lack of a better name, as Ken Orkoa, stood in the aisle, his tight black tee shirt hugging his thin, muscular body. He sat back in his seat, brushing a few more crumbs off his worn jeans. He quickly slipped on a pair of thick glasses and brushed his long, brown hair out of his face, revealing his blue eyes. He leaned back into his seat, weaving his fingers behind his head and watching the others.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC(Whistler): The businessman looked questioningly at "N-Ber", and then at Gadgeteer."Ah, if you don't mind me asking, what is his part in this cumulative disguise? Seems odd to be taking a plainclothes civilian with us, and worse to be taking a super in costume. Since you appear to be the one with the plan here, I am curious as to where he fits in."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: No reply from CoKK yet. I'll try PMing King Joe.IC: Gadgeteer bristled as Negafire 'changed' in a burst of fire."Do not do that again! This is a pressurised cabin - the whole plane could explode!" His voice was raised and stern for that part, but he calmed as he spoke to Mr. Airey. "N-Ber will not be in plain clothes when we infiltrate. He will be posing as an astrophysicist, like me. However the necessary clothing is not yet available to us. We will go shopping when the plane lands." He had just mentioned that. Gadgeteer wondered if Mr. Airey had a little bit of ADD - it wouldn't surprise him, given the man's choice of supersuit. Then again, he could just be plain ignorant...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Negafire bristled when Gadgeteer uelled at him. "Dude, I can keep an explosion under control, I've done this on planes before." He said through clenched teeth. "Besides," He muttered to nobody in particular, "There's no other way for me to get into plainclothes..." He sat lower in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest. This was not off to a good start.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC(Whistler): "Well, neater clothing will be absolutely necessary. And," he paused, raising an eyebrow at "N-Ber", "If that is the only way you can change clothing, I would hate to see what your wardrobe looks like. Probably a pile of cinders."The businessman decided not to mention that the detail regarding "N-Ber"'s role in this had slipped his mind entirely, what with much more interesting things like the window and-Oh.Yet another detail that had slipped by.Shaking his head, he returned to the corned beef sandwich.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Negafire shrugged, shaking his head. "I got a good tailor, all my clothes are heat activated and resistant and junk. My entire civilian wardrobe doubles as my supersuit."

IC: (NPCs - Superbeing Smackdown!)Pyroclast pressed her advantage, ending the sporadic jets of lava and instead drawing up the molten stone in a wave a solid three feet high before hurling it at Sluice. Of course, there was a considerable lagtime between the end of the jets and the time the wave actually launched forward...Mage raised his hands in front of him in a defensive gesture, and the stone at his neck flared up again. Fellwyd's attack smashed against an invisible barrier a foot from the Villain's hands, but he grunted as if the attack had struck him. "Fool," he spat, the first words he had spoken since the battle began. His voice was thin and smooth, a fitting match to his appearance. "I possess powers arcane; I am hardly defenseless without my staff." He flexed his hands, and an invisible force yanked the alien backwards...OOC: For the record, Mage's new toy grants him telekinesis, the same as the superpowered ring he was first showcased with. I felt that the power really jived with his character, so I gave it back to him. :)~Lord Rahl~

IC: The battle was not going well. Sluice had been surprised by the extent of Pyroclast's powers compared to what she had been expecting (lava was a big step up from fire). And now the heat was causing her to steadily lose strength and focus, making fighting back even more difficult. She dived to the side to evade the last of the lava jets, an action that required far more effort than she would normally have needed.Come on Sarah, there are dozens of different techniques you can use, she urged herself. Pick one and use it! Now's not the time for restraint either - you have to go all-out or this villain will kill you!Sluice took a deep breath. The air tasted warm and smoky. There was a vague pounding at the back of her head, but it was weak enough for her to blot out for now. Her eyes were watering with the fierce heat. Some of the humid cloud around her coalesced into water, splashing soothingly against her face. She was sweating and felt very sticky and uncomfortable in her supersuit - her greatest physical urge right now was to dive into the nearest cold bath.She stood up. The lava was shifting now, drawing back steadily, like the ocean before a big wave. From the way that the rear of the pool was rising, Sluice could tell that that was exactly what was going to happen. She shut her eyes hard and forced herself to concentrate. The nature of her powers meant that she could acutely sense the presence of water molecules in her vicinity, as well as its component elements, Hydrogen and Oxygen. It was difficult for her to put into words but it was as if she could distinguish every individual atom, like being able to feel the individual grains in a handful of sand.Think, she told herself. A lot of magma is going to heading my way. How can I use my powers to defend against it? Can I evade it somehow? Can I fly over it?To the outside observer it would appear that Sluice was waiting rather patiently with closed eyes for the building attack to hit her. However, one with access to her mind would know of the rapid mental management of water particles that was occurring, as she shifted elements to and fro. Gradually a whitish mist began to form around her, becoming thicker and thicker until she was almost entirely obscured from view. Pyroclast either did not notice or did not care, for she drew up the lava pool and hurled the molten wave without hesitation. It surged like syrup towards Sluice, roaring and fizzing as it struck more unburned ground, until - SHINGThat was approximately the sound that resonated throughout the area, moments before a loud hissing sound began to come from the lava. Where it struck Sluice billowing clouds of steam were immediately issued, spreading rapidly and drifting to cover the whole pool. The lava spread out, slowed, and settled. The steam still expanded, the background hiss fading away. And then suddenly something emerged from the edge of the steam cloud, several feet away from Pyroclast, but before the villainess had much time to take it in a lightning spray of ice needles assailed her...OOC: Exactly what happened here will be revealed next post!

OOC: ...yikes.Anyone care to bring me up to speed on what's happened lately? I need to restart Tillian/Saosin...IC: Tillian (Saints and Soldiers, New York City)Tillian stepped out of the bedroom of his bar calmly, passing by his closet with only a twinge of regret: he hadn't been Saosin in months. So far, retirement was working out rather well for him...He stepped out into the acoustic lounge of his bar and prepared to open for the day.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

...yikes.Anyone care to bring me up to speed on what's happened lately? I need to restart Tillian/Saosin...

Hyper-intelligent shark is threatening to destroy a city if she's not given information on a secretive UN project.Its been surmised that she has a killsat, and four guys (Gadgeteer, Lone, Negafire and Whistler) with a fifth (Carapace) helping them out behind the scenes have traced her signal to Jodrell Bank. You could either go help them or see if you can buy for time and use Saosin's photographic memory to find the files she wants

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Thanks, TPTI. (Also, congrats on Lepidran's win in the Matoran contest. Looking forward to playing with you. c:)IC: Tilian PearsonTilian had just finished wiping down the counter of the bar when his phone rang. He walked over in three easy strides and picked it up with a grin."Tilian Pearson," he said, sitting down. The voice on the other end, though, was obviously not looking to chat. It was his old League handler."Saosin?"The young Californian's grin slid away."I'm not interested."The handler wasn't having any of it."If you don't get interested, then one of the world's most populous cities gets detonated."Tilian was quiet for a minute."Alright. Where do I go?""UN. We have a team there already."Saosin sighed and hung up the phone, plucking his keys from the bar and moving towards his car. In minutes, he was on the way to the UN.OOC: Feel free to have any of the heroes at the UN notice him.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OCC: darkon, i left strike at a motel in Vegas because of a new plot the a opened. thats the last time i saw him.

War...war never changes.

IC: Saosin (Airfield, New York City)Tilian pulled his car into a League airfield and hopped out of the car, giving the thumbs up to a flight tech who was standing by."Where am I headed?" he yelled over the noise of the starting engines. The flight tech grinned."Manchester, England, sir!" he replied. "You'll meet up with a team of League members there. Your power is gonna be vital if we're going to buy time!"Tilian nodded and stepped towards the plane before the tech signaled for him again."Good to see you back, sir!" he yelled with another grin. Tilian returned it and stepped onto the plane.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Well... darn.Really didn't mean to go this long without a post, but somehow it happened. To be perfectly honest I think I've lost a lot of interest in RPGs the last few months; got plenty else in my life to keep my occupied, and keeping track of the five or so separate characters and NPCs I had running about was really getting to be a lot more trouble than it was worth. Still, it'd be rude to leave another guy's character stranded in another dimension, so let's see if I can't get back into the swing of things.No Mystic IC yet; to be perfectly honest I've lost the thread of that plotline at the moment. Any help getting me back into it would be most appreciated.IC:Fade nodded.“Yeah, I have a plan. If it works, Frigid is taken care of,” he said. “But... I’m gonna have a lot of plates in the air here, and it won’t take much to bring this whole thing down. I’ll tell you what I need to know, nothing more. I can’t risk letting the wrong information falling into her hands. I guess I’m asking you to trust me.”There was a bit of shuffling about the resistance, as if they weren’t quite ready to trust Fade just that much. A nod from Longshot quelled their fears; if she trusted him, they were at least willing to give it a chance.“Alright, first things first: those weapons,” Fade said, picking up and handling one of the rifles Sakeme’s controlled goons had wielded. “This is some awful fancy hardware; military stuff. Not the kind of thing you’d find scrounging about New York... Arsenal’s handiwork, I presume?”“Just about tha’ only way he pulled his weight round ‘ere,” Longshot replied. “He created a whole score ‘ah weapons so those of us na’ superhumanly inclined could stand a fightin’ chance.”“Just guns then?” asked Fade. “Anything else? Explosives, maybe?”“He did conjure up a small stockpile of plastic explosives,” said Bolt. “We’ve mostly been using them to seal off tunnels Frigid’s gotten into.”“Fantastic! Exactly what I need. Someone get down to your storerooms, bring me up every ounce of the stuff. We’re gonna need it,” Fade said. “Now, phase one of the plan. Stella, Plasmafire... I’m gonna need you to set our charges at specific points around Frigid’s tower. Don’t worry about where, I’ll give you instructions.”“Now, hold up just a moment,” Forcefield said, glowing eyes glowering at Fade under his helmet. “We can barely make it across the city without Frigid spotting us. Just what makes you think you’ll be able to bomb her stronghold without her taking a notice first?”“That’s gonna be my concern. I’m heading straight into the lion’s den,” said Fade, indicating Otherfade’s cloak in his arms. “Frigid doesn’t know what’s happened to my double yet. I can use that to get into the building, try and keep her attention off you guys. Assuming she doesn’t see right through it and kill me first... I did say this was risky, didn’t I?”---“Do... do me a favor, and drop your false pity,” Tornado snarled at Gap. “I’ve built a life around falsehood... have the common decency to spare me of it in my final moments. I doubt my little storm has gone entirely unnoticed. People will investigate, find me here... there’ll be plenty of people to set affairs in order... arrange a burial... inform family and loved ones. You don’t have to pretend you care what happens to me. It’s... insulting.He groaned, coughing up a slight trickle of blood. And with that Tornado, hero and villain and traitor to all but himself, passed from this world.[For Science]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: Gap's first response was to frown. Tornado had to be so obstinate so as to have the last word - she could hardly come up with a rebuttal now.Her second response was to nudge the supervillain's body with her foot.Her final response, when she was certain that he was well and truly dead, was to let out a long, weary sigh. Now that the fight was over, the adrenaline surge was starting to fade, and the aches and pains all over her injured body began to grow in intensity. She just wanted to lie down, to sleep... but there was one final effort she needed to make.Half-limping, she returned to the side of the bright red sports car. She squeezed her eyes shut, focusing - and then spacetime yawned apart, allowing her, Hivemind and the car to vanish into another wormhole, back to the Coalition HQ...OOC: If you want a break from controlling Hivemind CoKK, we can just assume she and Gap got medical attention/reported on the success of their mission.

Edited by Kumata

OOC: YAY, COKK'S BACK!IC: Plasmfire stood by, listening intently to Fade's plan. He smiled and nodded at the part about setting explosives, but his face grew grim when it got to Fade's part of the plan. "Risky it is." He said, rubbing his flaming chin. "What are you thinking your odds are?"

IC: Saosin (En Route to Manchester, England)After changing into his supersuit, Saosin sat down at the plane's controls, which were on automatic pilot. He decided to try and run a scanner for the other jet, running through all flights to Manchester. Soon, he found it."Team 1, this is Saosin. Over."OOC: That's the team of four headed to Manchester, btw. Feel free to respond. Or not.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: FYI Tyler the group of four are solo heroes riding in an ordinary plane, but their leader (Gadgeteer) is secretly following orders from Carapace, who is a League member. So rather than refuse you interaction I'm going to say that Carapace decided to pair you up with the team and patched you through to their aircraft, and let Half-Dragon come up with a plausible explanation next time he posts. (Sorry HD)IC: Standing in the passenger section of the plane, Gadgeteer only faintly heard the buzz of the radio from within the cockpit. He put down the tin of potato-ish stuff (which he had made another attempt at eating) and strode back into the pilot's cabin. He grabbed the radio from its holder and lifted the device to his mouth."Hello? Who is this?" He was suspicious, and his tone showed it. However, since the plane was practically being driven by Carapace, Viktor was assuming that no radio communications would get through to the plane unless their mysterious director desired it...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: I read that, but I started playing again too late to get on to the original plane, so this was the best idea I had. Sorry for any inconvenience. :(IC: Saosin (En Route, Manchester, England)"Tilian Pearson, Saosin," said the Californian calmly. "Run my name through the League database and you should find me. I got assigned by the League to meet up with you guys in England and give you whatever assistance I could provide. They felt they needed an...official presence."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: The League! They were exactly the kind of high-profile allies Gadgeteer had been hoping to avoid on this mission. Then again - he thought of 'N-Ber' - having a member of the Coalition of Corruption be his ally wasn't much better. He felt a pang of frustration at how difficult this situation was becoming, but he forced himself to stay calm."Just inform me of your powers and skills. It will be... quicker." Gadgeteer didn't want to admit that he didn't have access to the League database. Had Saosin been told that he and his comrades were League members? If so Carapace was playing a very complex game. "Our ETA is half an hour from now. Are you in England already..?"

IC: Saosin (En Route, Manchester, England)"Photographic memory and top grades in marksmanship and disguise," said Saosin, leaning back in the chair. "I should be in Manchester in about 30 minutes, as well. Where are you landing?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME