To Save The World!

IC: Taken off guard by the abrupt turn and acceleration, Magneta was thrown into the passenger side door with a yelp. She reached over and quickly buckled her seat belt. "That's a pretty impressive modification for a reporter, Paige."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Up for approval. Shadow Guardian has pre-approved Biography and Real Name where it pertains to his pending char.Real Name: Jean Abzal HarrisonAlias: FlamelAppearance: Jean Abzal Harrison looks to be a tall and handsome youth of around twenty-three. He is perpetually and most impeccably dressed in business suits composed of a double-breasted blazer, dress shirt, trousers, and Oxfords with a flower for the blazer's breast pocket; on Monday and Tuesday the suit's primary color is gray with its secondary as black, Wednesday and Thursday black with secondary white, and Friday through Sunday as white with a secondary gray-the flower is always a red rose. A light whiff of cologne follows Jean throughout his day. Harrison's eyes are an affable blue flecked with grey. In contrast to this distinctly European trait, his skin is a light brown while his hair-including the beginnings of a mustache on his upper lip-is black. Jean speaks Russian, English, Kazakh, and French with immpecability only matched by that of his dress.Flamel has not yet made a public appearance (save through perhaps text) and has no specific dress. As such, Harrison only acts as his alter-ego quietly.Power: Jean possesses the power to transmutate inanimate matter from one substance to another. This ability is touch-based and works at both an atomic and molecular level and conserves mass. However, the more Jean transmutates at a time, the more a physical and mental strain is placed upon him-turning a pebble to a diamond barely drains his stamina, but to do the same with a large hill would definitely cause Abzal to faint.Allegiance: It is assumed at present that his allegiance is based on how profitable it would be to actually gain oneArea:Astana, KazakhstanBio: To understand Jean Abzal Harrison, it is imperative to first understand his history:The Harrison family's known history dates to the early French settlers of Canada. Then known as the 'D'Harrier' family of Nova Scotia, the Frenchmen were eventually forced to change their last name to 'Harrison' in order to hide from a wave of racism hitting Canada after the Treaty of Utrecht. The family steadily rose in power through the centuries under this guise. By the time of Jean's father-Solomon Paul Harrison-,the Harrisons had accumulated enough to consider themselves a member of the upper-class as head of a moderately-powerful mining company.But then Solomon had a falling out with his wife. While he wanted to move to Kazakhstan due to his predictions that the Harrison dynasty could rise above and beyond the competition as it now drilled for gold, oil, and diamonds instead of merely gypsum, Mrs. Harrison wished to stay in Nova Scotia and keep the life the family-including an infant Alec Harrison-there. Solomon divorced and left for Kazakhstan.The businesse venture was highly sucessful. The eldest living Harrison now became head of a mining and oil company that propelled his branch of the Harrisons to the top of the business world. Solomon 's new life in Astana as CEO of the giant Huilercorp was far better in terms of living quality and finance. And Astana was also the place that Solomon remarried to his Kazakh secretary. Their union produced a new child only two years after his first-Jean Abzal Harrison, with one name given by each parent. It came to pass in twenty years that Solomon P. Harrison died of cancer. His greedy board of directors immediately decided that though he had left the company to Jean A. Harrison de facto, they would take over the workings of the company de jure. They attempted to do just this.But under Solomon, rumors spread throughout their own ranks-seemingly anonymous tips that their deal to evenly divide power had been rigged in certain board members' favor, backed up by what the members knew of each other. At the same time, Huilercorp's supply of oil, diamonds, and gold increased to heights not even reached by Solomon. These rumors and growing popular support for the productive leadership of Jean eventually brought about nearly half of them leaving or being fired from Huilercorp that first year-to be replaced by good executives who favored J. A. Harrison.Little did anyone in Huilercorp know-save the Kazakh Harrison in question, of course-that he had brought about these changes. The cultured, affable, and seemingly clueless Jean had sown the rumors and tips that brought discord to the board. And the unprecedented mining output was due in part to his discovery that he could change matter from one substance to another upon contact.Kazakhstan's resident rich dolt and CEO is now wholly charge of the expanding Huilercorp three years later. He has met his half-brother Alec and is currently profiting greatly from his corporation's partnership with the tycoon.

Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Magneta nodded and got out of the car. "The quickest way to the main hanger is, conveniently enough, through the front doors. Let's go. If anyone asks you for ID, just flash them that card I gave you and say it's an emergency." She made a beeline for the doors of the HQ, hoping Paige was following behind her.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Magneta stopped at a computer terminal and began keying in commands. She swiped her League ID card, placed her hand on the fingerprint scanner, gave a retinal scan, and submitted her personal password. Finally, a machine next to the terminal jumped to life, dropping a set of keys into the depository cup. She picked up the keys and headed for the nearest jet, motioning for Paige to follow her. "They're very careful about their jets here. That setup I just used was the emergency approval process, not even the regular one."

IC: [Exemplar]Exemplar was young in body, mind, and heart. He was easily distracted and somewhat forgetful of little things. His interest ebbed and flowed like the tide, and patience- though not entirely missing- was not one of his greatest virtues.The fights of the Superbeing Smackdown tournament were dragging on and on as the relentless dance of who-is-better-than-whom lasted longer than the boy had expected. Already he had forgotten what slot he was in for the match lineup, but even if he was next he was not sure if he would bother to hang around much longer.The subtle buzz of the communicator in his pocket got his attention a moment before the loud tones of Mmmbop reached his ears. Had he not been hanging over the noisy crowd watching the even noisier combatants tear the tournament stage to rubble, it would have sounded much louder and clearer. As it was, Exemplar could hardly hear the lyrics until he lifted the device up to see who was contacting him. Of course it was someone from the coalition; this was his coalition communicator.Dropping down from his upside-down perch on the lighting mounts, Exemplar was caught by one of his clones on the ground and assisted to standing upright again. He pressed the button that would alert whomever was on the other side that hew as currently unable to speak but if they would hold for a few more seconds he would relocate to a more secure area. Normally this was used for the event that the person being contacted could escape a situation involving their real world idendity, but Exemplar now used it to get away from the too-loud crowd so that he may actually be heard.Once he was outside of the arena and in an area far more suited for combat, he lifted the device to his ear and pressed the button that would connect him to whomever needed him."Ello?" he asked in a mock-british accent. He had picked up the trait by watching a british sitcom and had started answering his phone and communicator thusly for the past few weeks.

IC: "I have... A vague idea. Hey no time like the present to learn, eh? If worst comes to worst, well this thing /is/ made of metal, so we won't crash and burn horrifically." Magneta prented to chuckle at her lame joke attempt as she sat in the pilots chair and turned on the jet, driving the machine onto the runway for takeoff.

IC: Siren (League Jet, En Route, Los Angeles)Paige laughed a little and set up her laptop on one of the tables, clicking into the stopwatch feature and setting up two timers. The first was when Lady Hexas' twelve hour deadline was up. The second was when the TMZ report on Jodrell Bank aired, blowing the covers of all of the team members inside.8 hours, 18 minutes, 32 seconds remaining.1 hour, 5 minutes, 49 seconds remaining.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: After takeoff, Magneta set the jet on autopilot and turned to look at Paige. "Alright, we need a game plan. Are we going in diplomatically, asking them to stop the broadcast? Or are we just going to cause a scene and force them to stop?" She stopped and thought for a moment. "Um... I should have also maybe brought this up sooner, but... Do you bring anything to the superpower table? Most of the ISNN reporters have some kind of power, but a few don't, so I just kind of assumed... Basically what I'm asking is, can you take care of yourself if a fight can't be avoided?"

IC: Siren (League Jet, En Route, Los Angeles)Paige laughed."You act like I've never had to beat up a few preppy Hollywood morons before," she said, grinning. "I can handle myself just fine."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Magneta chuckled. "Sorry about that. I'm so used to being around other heroes, it threw me for a loop when I realized I had no idea if you had powers or not. Which I still don't know, by the way, but as long as you can handle yourself that's not important. So, plan of attack?"

IC: "It's amazing how many heroes have ties to ISNN, isn't it?"

OOC: Indeed, considering that it was only a half-baked plot device when I first introduced it. Ironically, the ISNN seems to have taken off spectacularly, while the organization I set up to be referenced more often (Order of Extortion) has been mentioned all of twice by people other than me. Just goes to show that you never know which ideas people are going to take a liking to. :PAlso, I can't imagine that you could miss the gaping hole in the wall where the front entrance to the mansion used to be. We just ripped half the place up, and you guys pass on through without even noticing. :lol:IC: (Loadstone)"Have I suddenly become the Coalition's real estate agent?" Doctor Om asked, the corners of his mouth twitching into a grin that was decidedly not amused. "I have to say that I'm growing tired of having to explain the uses and limits of my power to every halfwit and imbecile I speak with. I cannot just conjure information out of thin air when someone wishes it of me, or rewrite the cosmos so that life is more convenient for you. Clairvoyancy is not the answer to the world's problems, it is the ability to foresee snippets of future events. That does not give me the ability to allow you to circumvent the timeline in order to achieve your goals on your own schedule, it gives me the ability to tell you what can happen and what you can prevent."Now just because I may have an indication at the present moment of who may or may not be present when the world does discover the Coalition's headquarters, and I may have an idea of what the outcomes of the ensuing conflict may be, does not mean I know where it is. For that matter, if I were to have a sudden vision of the location, who's to say that I would be able to tell you where on Earth it is? I'd have to be able to recognize the location on sight alone, and there is far too much of the world for that to happen. I'm not sure what exactly you want me to do, but to be able to suddenly hand you the information you want is not within the scope of my abilities."IC: (NPC - Coalition)"I do believe that I have the pleasure of speaking with Exemplar, am I correct?" a woman's voice answered on the other end. "This is Modem, although I suppose 'Coalition Dispatch' would do just as well." A note of contempt entered her voice at that, but then it was back to a business attitude. "I may have a mission for you, if you are not otherwise engaged at the moment..."~Lord Rahl~ Edited by Lord Rahl

IC(NPC): "It may, however, be within mine," a voice declared once Doctor Om had finished speaking. Two heroes had emerged from a side door (one of the few that hadn't been dislodged from its hinges in the recent fight); one was Miss Tress, her long head of hair waving rhythmically as she walked; the other was wearing a navy blue supersuit with red and white padding, and a helmet with a flame pattern. He looked around at the group"Hi all. Name's X-Calibur. I understand that you've just been involved in a battle - sorry I couldn't get here in time, but I was helping some others put out the fire Meltdown started - but if any of you are interested in tracking down Danielle Thomas, and possibly the Coalition's new HeadQuarters, then come with me. I've been chatting with Miss Tress about the kidnap and we may have a lead."OOC: Nope, this isn't the Frigidverse X-Calibur, this is the original, with a brand new supersuit to boot! Here he is!

X-CaliburNew.png

IC(NPC): Another pair of Sharkmen had climbed down into the arrival pit, and were hoisting Aquarius carefully away to recieve treatment. Grand Cross continued to stare down at the villains, allowing them to complain and argue for a little while before continuing."It is unfortunate that your teammates were lost, but the primary objective of your mission was completed. Unless you wish to wallow in misery you will accept that as a success. Spex, Impact, Blowhard. You three will come with me and give a fully detailed mission report." Grand Cross didn't say it, but the obvious implication was that he only trusted those three to speak the truth. "Grau and KILL, you are free to rest."OOC: This is the chance for the two of you to go off and do your own thing if you want. If you can't think of anything yourselves, just wander about the HQ and I'll embark you on a new mission.IC: Viktor remained silent. He was thinking. MERLIN being closed for the day pointed to the possibility of Lady Hexas operating within the facility in secret, having fabricated a mechanical fault or some other such reason to make the staff believe that the place had to be shut down. Their next course of action depended on how much resistance they faced in being permitted to visit the MERLIN suite. If the staff would absolutely refuse to relent, then he might have to arrange for Lone and/or himself to slip away and break in. For now though, he continued thinking quietly, listening to see how events played out.IC: After missing Pyroclast, rather than splash all over the floor the water jet curved round, snaking through the air until it was blasting towards the villainness again. It was just on its way towards her when Sluice finally began to feel that something was wrong; she was too warm, and the ice that composed the legs of her armour felt too liquidic. She glanced down; through the frosty visor of ice she could just discern that the floor below her was glowing with heat. Using her will to reshape the armour, she began to step back - but the process was slow, and her concentration on the water jet wavered...

OOC: Assuming blasts of varying sorts is all Shadow Guardian can do, he's approved. Flamel is also approvedIC: The scientist sighed. He'd clearly taken Whistler to be another clueless rich kid who had no idea how science worked but wanted to look good by funding it."Its not that we don't want you at the Suite, its that we can't, legally or in good conscience. Health and Safety had us close the whole block off, something about a power leak. We may only use electricity but do you know how much electricity it takes to run a radio telescope? If its leaking out somewhere the whole building could be live."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Saosin (Jodrell Bank, Manchester, England)Tilian raised his eyebrows a bit at the news of the "power leak," but he remained silent, preferring to let Airey, or perhaps Gadgeteer, do the talking in this area of expertise.IC: Siren (En Route, Los Angeles)"We should probably try the diplomatic route first," she said. "Try and get them to see that it would be a journalistic faux pas. Then, if they don't listen...well, journalists are a lot easier to persuade on the West Coast."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"You would be correct Miss." Exemplar replied with a grin. Finally! He would get something to do. He would be able to prove himself to the Coalition and possibly get something cool. Like a sweet looking cape or some funny little sidekick. "I am currently not all that busy nor do I see anything in the immediate future that would prevent me from doing anything needing to be done." He neglected the history report due in three days but that was mostly because he didn't have any intentions of doing it anyway.

IC: Skyra - League Mansion -Skyra looked at X-Cailbur and Miss Tress. Miss Tress he'd met before, but X-Cailbur was someone who he'd never met. "Okay, I'm in." Skyra still had to find Crystal, who he thought was still at the Coalition's Base.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: KILL chose not to "waste Grand Cross' time" with his discovery, instead deciding to relay that information through a report. If Grand Cross then felt it worthy of attention, surely he would summon KILL to tell him all about it. Sound logic, but not flawless... KILL didn't pay much heed to an emotional response of anger or betrayel from their great leader. Rolling away from the arrival area, the sentient vehicle enlisted a few Sharkmen to take the Invasion-orbs from his trunk, and bring them to Grand Cross. They would be recognisable as transport orbs containing Crystaxian crystal technology from Technax's fleet, others like them had been retrieved around the globe, but the exact workings of this kind of technology was still unknown. He'd attach a courtesy "Handle with care" note in his report."To Grand Cross and him alone... no-one else. Understand?" KILL told the Sharkmen for the third time in a row. Problematically he felt they had the collective intellect of a ton of bricks, and their relatively blank stares in response didn't ease his concerns... he did not want to be held responsible if this discovery went AWOL due to someone else having greater sway over Sharkmen lackeys than he did... not that it'd be much of a feat. Figuring that was the best response he was going to get, KILL sent the Sharkmen on their way before rolling to a stop in one of the few vehicle-friendly areas of the base. His microscopic components were setting about 'consuming' their nonfunctional counterparts and recycling them into brand spanking new versions, while his "mind" set about wirelessy accessing a terminal. Words began to type themselves up on screen as KILL detailed a report on the mission, who, if anyone, had screwed up, and making note of the discovery out back. More importantly, he included the suspicion that the pair of other automobiles had not appeared at that precise moment by chance; instead that communications may have been tapped by another party... non-League, unless they enjoyed stealing from their own HQ. KILL withheld his own feeling on the matter.... not that he felt feelings were really all that great of a design to begin with, especially due to the... what was the word? Humilation. He was humilated by being unable to defeat the other vehicles that had been present... but if they shared his maker, they shouldn't even exist! He was the only one...

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

name:ozo(translated from trazitaur)no aliasappearance:about 6.3 with grey armor and mask.(update!)there is a semi-humanoid face with a bizarre scar on his right cheek,shaped like `Z.its also on his mask.an orange long sleeve shirt goes over all his armor except for the shoulder pads.he has grey shorts with shin pads that go up to his knee.http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5440223 http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5440206powers:he has no idea of where he came from or what he can do,so he has no known powers.(update!)though he does have the ability to change his bikuritan into a hoverboard.his hoverboard can travel over any solid or liquid surface.once,he took a handful of dirt and threw it over a cliff,and was able to ride on it to the other side.allegiance:leaugearea:from a planet called trazitauria,he now lives in the unexplored areas of the earth,moving every few days to escape notice.bio:released from his planet in a helmet like the one he has now,he was a child of royal blood on trazitauria.when found on earth,he was grown,as trazitaurs grow through their life stages all in one day after a certain amount of time.in earth years,he is ten,in his years he is 27.he carries a unique weapon,the bikuritan,a mini double axe on each side of a metal pole.he thinks of these humans as a liability that should be removed,but as he knows nothing about himself before landing,he searches for the people who saw his descent and may know more about him than he does.

Edited by stargatestaticTH

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

NPC: Ultionis looked over to X-Calibur. This one, at least, seemed to be on top of things. Glad someone here is, he thought, but he stepped past Om without a word and followed the blade-wielding hero instead. They had wasted too much time fighting as it was. Time to get back to the mission.(H-D)IC: Shard scratched his head, then stopped when it turned out to be a very noisy exercise. He had officially no idea what just happened here. Something about wolves, kidnappees, clairvoyance and someone named Thomas was all he got out of it. The only thing he knew for sure was that the guy in the armor scared him and he would be staying well away from that one. THe diamond man bent over to pick up a fallen spike so it could be re-integrated - aside from being a waste of energy, if left lying around it might be picked up and sold for oodles of cash by someone other than him - and noticed something odd. There appeared to be a thin coating of metallic-looking dust on it. He looked closer. Yes, definitely metal dust. A side-effect of ejecting it from the engine? And then repairing the engine immediately... Times like this he wished he were a sci-fi geek so he could pretend to know what was going on. Wait a second..."Does anyone here know anything about really advanced, self-repairing cars?"*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: I've been assuming Dread was with the Coalition group that escaped, just for the record.IC: (Loadstone)Before Ultionis passed him, Doctor Om tilted his sunglasses down and gave the supersoldier a look that clearly said "If you even had the patience of a flea, we could have skipped the questioning and moved right along to this." After Ultionis passed, he tugged at one of his golden gloves, checking his self-designed wrist-watch. "Exactly on schedule," he murmured to himself, low enough that it was only audible to Loadstone's enhanced hearing. Pushing a button acknowledging that the stopwatch feature in the watch's upper righthand face had ended, he imput another length of time and activated it again."Om and I work in robotics," Loadstone said, looking torn between Shard and X-Calibur. "And if there's one thing I know about mechanics in general, it's that even the tiniest problem is never an easy fix. The only thing I can think of that would be able to repair itself as quickly as that Coalition car did would be nanobotic technology; if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that it has nanoforges along its chasis that it uses to replicate damaged materials. It's possible that the whole vehicle is a giant swarm of nanobots, but without the actual car to study that can only remain a theory. Why?"IC: (Aquarius)Aquarius flickered between consciousness and a deep black void, catching only portions of the events unfolding around him. The world seemed to flash with a blinding light, nearly obliterating the darkness before reality returned. The screech of tires on metal sounded painfully loud."Welcome back," a voice echoed as he drifted away from the light....Shuffle. Pain. Aquarius groaned, not having the energy for pained screams at this point. He swayed as someone with a lumbering gait carried him away. Cracking his eyes open was all he was capable of, and all he saw was grayish-blue skin pulled taut over rippling muscles, then blackness once again...."Set him down over there - gently! Can't you brutes do anything delicately?" Aquarius had the vague sensation of a soft surface replacing the arms of whoever was carrying him. At this point, his consciousness was so removed from his physical body that it was as if another person felt it.That other person felt a hand grip his forehead, and a flood of sensations sent shockwaves through his body. An unpleasant tugging sensation engulfed his arm, shoulder, and knee. Without warning a whole new barrage of neural signals swarmed his mind, so strong that it felt like a physical blow to the head. Very slowly the vice that seemed to grip his head lessened in pressure, replaced by an aching throb. He was vaguely aware of trying to sit up, though his head was still clouded. How long had his eyes been open?"No, no, you need to relax. Your mind is still in shock from the healing. Lay down - one moment, Hivemind." A stern-looking old man wearing a perpetual frown hustled across the room and pushed a bony hand into Aquarius' chest, shoving him none too gently onto his back. "I'm not letting you up until you can correctly answer a few questions," he continued, frowning down at Aquarius...IC: (NPC - Apparition)As Grau went to leave the teleportation chamber, a gray-clad figure popped into existence in front of him, carrying three swords and a gun. "I was told to give these to a 'Graw,'" he said, looking at Grau and then around at the others present.IC: (NPC - Modem)"Well then, let's get down to business," Modem said briskly. "We've located a sudden spike of Omega Radiation in the area of Anchorage, Alaska. Satellite tracking and scans of the immediate area show that the source is a child emitting a higher-than average Omega Radiation signature. I've done a bit of research, and found out his name is Christopher Driscoll, age 13. He's Caucasian, red-haired and gray eyed. It's still unclear what his power is, but with the levels of OR he's giving off it's definitely something potent. I've gotten approval from higher-up to make a go at recruiting him, and that's where you come in."We're looking at a standard recruiting procedure here: approach the subject in an isolated area; convince him that joining the Coalition is in his best interest; prevent the League from getting to him first; and above all, bring him back to Coalition HQ by any means necessary. You got all that?"IC: (NPC - Superbeing Smackdown!)Pyroclast was wary of the jet of water, expecting it to be tinged with acid or something similarly odd. She ducked to the side once again, though the water only doubled back towards her again. Now that Sluice was preoccupied, Pyroclast launched several globs of magma at her armored form, unintentionally allowing the water jet to slam her in the back of the head. She dropped to her knees, disoriented if only for a moment...~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Did a response happen with regards to my last Fellwyd post, in which he took another whack at Mage's shield? I'd hardly be surprised if I'd missed it.IC(Whistler): The businessman's eyes narrowed as he leaned in just a little bit closer, studying the scientist for a moment. When he spoke again, his voice had been lowered considerably, so that others would likely have to strain to hear."Are you honestly telling me that you've had a fault in your electrical system - a fault, if you describe it accurately, that is severe enough to render an entire section of your facility uninhabitable - and at no point did anyone here do the smart thing and cut off the electricity to the affected area? Or, worse, are you telling me that your electrical system is so bloody simplistic that you can't cut off the power to that area? Your options here are an admission of incompetence or of poor choice in electrical engineering contractors, unless the power to the faulted section is cut off and we are given, at the least, a basic tour of the MERLIN Array."To him, the whole scenario sounded quite uncharacteristic of what one would expect at a high-tech facility - quite apart from the safety issues with this kind of power leak, it was inefficient, and it was hardly like the leak would be any easier to fix if the power wasn't cut off. No, given the options between gross incompetence and a cover-up, he would be quite willing to put money on door number two.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Nanobots. Right." He had no idea what those were. But he did know that if they needed a part of the car to study, there was always... He stepped carefully over some debris and picked up the massive gattling gun he'd knocked (smashed) off the car before it got away. "Is this enough?"*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Did a response happen with regards to my last Fellwyd post, in which he took another whack at Mage's shield? I'd hardly be surprised if I'd missed it.

OOC: Right here, my good man. :)IC: (Loadstone)"In theory," Loadstone said. "It would still be difficult to tell if the rest of the car was like the weaponry, on the off chance that's made of nanobots, but it'd give us quite a bit of insight into the workings of that machine." He bit his lip, looking at the gun with longing. "You don't get your hands on nanobots every day, either...""I know a few technicians I could take that to, if you'd prefer to go with them," Doctor Om said, motioning toward X-Calibur. "I'm sure I could keep a few nanobots aside for your research, so that you don't miss out on anything."Loadstone sighed, part relief, part regret. "That would be great."~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Oops, forgot about Dread. Spex threw me off; I'd forgotten he appeared at the last minute to bump up the numbers.IC(NPC): X-Calibur simply gestured for Skyra and Ultionis to follow him and Miss Tress, leading them a short distance through the mansion and into a small room that looked like a study. There was a single computer terminal mounted upon a desk, which X-Calibur approached and activated."Before we get started, tell me your aliases," he said. His helmeted head gazed blankly at the two heroes. "I've memorised most of the League's roster, but it'll help to be able to put names to faces."IC: "Mr. Newell is an engineer," Viktor pointed to Lone. He was doing his best to keep his tone casual, as if this were a friendly suggestion. "If we were allowed access, perhaps he could perform an examination of the faulted area. For your trouble."IC: There were violent hisses as the magma globs brushed past Sluice's armoured form, throwing up great clouds of steam. She had managed to lean and twist so that none of the globs directly struck her, but a couple grazed the armour, causing chunks to rapidly liquefy. Coupled with the heated section of ground, which Sluice had not yet managed to escape, the situation was becoming too much for her concentration, and her grip on the H20 molecules was slipping. She breathed steadily, trying to regain focus and think of a solution.I can handle this. Most of my armour is intact. Think, Sarah. My powers let me control water in all its states. Move great amounts of it with mental effort... that doesn't except the frozen water surrounding me, does it?With a great exertion of will Sluice's entire armoured form rocketed forwards as if it were a flung ice dagger, trailing smoke and water as it travelled. The intention was twofold: to escape the heated area, and to slam into Pyroclast...

IC: (Loadstone)As Loadstone fell in behind the others, Doctor Om called out "Oh, and Ultionis, one more thing. Remember that patience is a virtue. Keep that in mind, and one day it might save your life."---Loadstone stood off to the side, allowing X-Calibur to direct his question at the other two. Having worked with X-Calibur several times over the past year, he was well aware of who the Hero was, and was also pretty sure that the familiarity was mutual...IC: (NPCs - Superbeing Smackdown)Pyroclast came to her senses quickly enough to look up and scramble to her feet, but that was about it. Sluice hit her dead-on, launching the Villainess sevaral yards across the arena, where she landed in a crumpled heap. This time, she did not get up...~Lord Rahl~

IC: Shard held up the diamond spike from earlier. "Uh, don't know if it helps, but I shot this into the engine and it just sort of popped out. And now there's some metally dust stuff on it. Maybe the dust's got nanobots in it?" He paused. "As for the gun... maybe we should shake it and see if nanobots come out?"*H-D*IC: Omega had just entered the room literally two seconds ago, but that sentence alone told him half of what was going on. He stepped up in front of Shard and promptly yanked the gattling gun out of his hands. "Gimme that before you hurt yourself." With the hulking piece of metal in hand, he turned to the others. "Okay, fill me in: What're we looking at here? Nanoforge repairs? Nanite assembly?" He was majoring in engineering in college and ardently kept up with sci-fi. Both of these had saved his life on more than one occasion.|H-D|NPC: Ultionis ignored the clairvoyant. He knew patience was important, but so was action. Each had its time and place. This was not the time or place for patience. "Ultionis. Non-League. I'm here from the military at the request of the Secretary of Defense. He felt the government should have a hand in resolving Miss Thomas' kidnapping." Translation: They didn't trust the heroes with something this delicate, so they sent one of their own to get the job done. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Ah, thank you.IC(Fellwyd): This was beginning to get rather irritating. The alien turned to keep his grip on the staff, absolutely determined to avoid allowing Mage to regain the staff. He occasionally tugged at the staff, testing to see if he could break the telekinetic's grip on it, though he rather expected that he was rather stronger when using telekinesis than he was physically.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: [Exemplar]Bobby listened to the woman from the Coalition eagerly. Omega Radiation! Epic! Anchorage Alaska! Wait...that wasn't quite so epic. That was cold. That was, like, super cold. He was sort of lost when she went over the radiation levels and their lack of understanding of his power. He nodded a bit mostly out of reactioin and not for her benefit."Okay," he said slowly. "So I go to the refridgerator-in-the-garage of America," he started to relay what he understood back to her, using a term he'd heard from a standup comedian to describe Alaska, "Find this Chris Drimroll kid, talk to him, kick some League butt, and if need be Chris up in a sack. Two questions- where can I get my plane tickets and why can't you send Mr. Freeze or the Penguin?"

Edited by Wan

IC(NPC): "Oh, you were all present when the kidnap occurred, weren't you?" Said X-Calibur. "Good, that might make this a bit easier to explain." He crouched and pointed at the computer screen; the others gathered close to get a better look. X-Calibur called up an image of a familiar building. "This is the safehouse through which the Coalition team sent to kidnap Danielle Thomas escaped. It is an abandoned warehouse, though its previous owner was 'The Foilocution Corporation', as you can tell by the sign. Anything about that name seem odd?""Well, I've never heard of the word 'Foilocution'," said Loadstone."That's because it's not a word. The entire phrase is an anagram - rearrange the letters and they spell 'The Coalition of Corruption'." X-Calibur paused, to let the group react to this. "This wouldn't be the first time that the Coalition has used such a simple alias or cover - personally I think they do it as a way of taunting us. Anyway, I've done some investigation into The Foilocution Corporation. Originally they were a company called Mayfield Motors that specialised in the manufacture of engines for various vehicles. They've been about for years and had a very clean track record. However, their CEO was killed during the recent alien invasion, and due to the chaos a new one was not elected until after the invasion was over. When the new CEO took charge, the company was renamed and its business objective was expanded to the production of all kinds of technology. Yet despite expanding the business, certain sites belonging to the corporation were inexplicably shut down - the warehouse in Washington was one of them - and despite receiving offers from several interested buyers, the corporation has refused to sell any of these sites."After I discovered that, Carapace very kindly 'obtained' the corporation's production and shipping records from their internal database for me. Turns out that despite shutting down some of their warehouses, they've still been sending technology they've produced to those sites and have been fudging the records so that, on the surface, nobody would notice. I asked Mr. Motion to investigate these sites and he confirmed that they were all completely empty. Which means that the technology being stored in those warehouses has been moved by someone other than The Foilocution Corporation."My theory is this: that the new CEO of Foilocution is a member of the Coalition in disguise. He has been controlling the company this past month and has been developing technology for the Coalition. The technology gets sent to the 'abandoned' sites, then a Coalition teleporter arrives to take them the rest of the way. If the rumours are true and they have a new base, then they would have to have gotten materials from somewhere.""Why couldn't the Coalition just take the materials straight from the factory?" Asked Skyra."Well, most of the workforce are the same people that worked for Mayfield Motors, so they probably don't serve the Coalition. By packing up the technology and shipping it off, the corporation appears to be operating as usual, so no-one questions where the materials are going." X-Calibur brought up a new image on the computer screen. It was a man's face: his wide features and reddish skin suggested Native American hertitage. "This is the new CEO, Scott Omaha. We are going to travel to the head offices of The Foilocution Corporation and have a nice long chat with him about what Foilocution's been up to." X-Calibur paused. When he spoke again there was an apologetic tone to his voice. "I know that this may not lead us to Danielle Thomas. But it's the only lead we have."OOC: Hope you don't mind me using Carapace and Mr. Motion's skills here HD and TPTI. They both seem like they could have gotten their required role done in minutes.IC: Sluice came to an awkward stop. Releasing her mental grip on the ice surrounding herself, she thumped onto the dusty ground the area and promptly toppled over.Pyroclast was laying several yards away. Sluice remained still for a moment - appearing helpless might prompt the villainness to make a move, if she were bluffing - but when her opponent made no movements Sluice focused again, willing the ice armour to sublimate. It flooded over to Pyroclast, covered the villanness and re-froze. Sluice got to her feet, exhaling. Whether Pyroclast was completely defeated remained to be seen, but Sluice didn't want to waste time checking just yet as she now had an opportunity to come to Fellwyd's aid. She'd been watching the alien in the corner of her vision whenever she could, and since he hadn't appeared to be in any serious danger she'd let him be. Now though, she was able to draw upon more water moisture and send it over in the form of an icy mist, engulfing both Mage and Fellwyd (they were too close for her to target an individual). Given that the alien was covered in a scaly hide, she expected Mage to succumb to the numbing cold first...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: No problems, Carapace is pretty active about helping out the League with information gathering. Admittedly, his help sometimes has a price tag attached - sometimes favors, sometimes tech, never just money - little things like this he does for free. Calls it good business.NPC: Ultionis nodded. "I'll need some time to re-equip myself after this fight. Most of what I need is in the garage, so I can be ready in ten minutes. Do we already have a plan, or should we work it out on the way?" Technically he was fairly certain the League had special dispensation from the government to ask these kinds of questions, and even if they didn't, he did. Asking the CEO a few questions should be simple. But if he knew one thing about dealing with supers, it was that 'should be simple' is a guarantee of complications.That, and aim for the eyes. Even invincibles were usually vulnerable there.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC(NPC): "I am one hundred per cent certain that the Coalition has its roots in this operation somehow, even if my theory is not totally correct," said X-Calibur. "So I would expect Mr. Omaha to react badly to our questions, and either attempt an escape or attack us. His appearance doesn't match any Coalition members we have on record, so unfortunately we can't predict what powers he'll have. But once we've apprehended him, we can do two things - bring him back here for a more thorough interrogation, and investigate The Foilocution Corporation from within to see if we can find any more leads." X-Calibur deactivated the computer. "You all take as long as you need to prepare. There's no time limit. Just meet me in the hangar when you're ready, or come with me now if you're all set." He and Miss Tress left the room...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Skyra - League Mansion -"Well...I'm ready to go...no reason to stand around here..." Skyra said, and he began to make his way toward the hangar. This was just one step into finding the Coalition's base, and hopefully Crystal as well.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

NPC: Ultionis turned and left at that. "Ten minutes, then. Meantime, if you've got a blueprint or floor plan, pull it up. We'll need a plan B." After that it didn't take him long to get down to the garage and find his motorcycle. Being the size it was the cycle had a small armory inside the trunk that he regularly used to reload between missions. After fixing up his second pistol and performing some routine maintainance, he grabbed a few clips of rubber bullets, some tranq darts, a couple of concussive and EM grenades and, after some thought, a canister of knockout gas. He'd have to use that one with care, since his companions didn't have built-in filters in their masks, but it could still be useful tactically. Finally he closed the trunk and, since he had five minutes left, made a quick detour to the League healers. He had insisted they tend to the actually wounded first before, but now that was finished he would need his own injuries from the earlier battle dealt with so he could enter the next mission without fighting back the pain every time he stepped down on his left foot. And some people wondered how ice could kill a man...With everything done, he made his way to the hangar for debriefing. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: "You see the satellite array? The big metal thing outside? Its what we call a conductor, meaning electricity that goes in stays there. Electricity isn't just magic that goes away after a while." This scientists apparently didn't like being patronised, no matter how much money the person doing it had, "We shut the power off as soon as we were aware of the problem, but without figuring out which bits are live and which were grounded our hands are tied. Mostly with red tape." Okay, clearly he didn't much care for bureaucracy either. "If you want your engineer to have a look you'll have to get him to talk to the guy already in there. See if he has a protective suit to spare."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(Whistler): To say that the conversation had not been going well would be an insult to things that had merely not gone well. No, up to this point, the conversation had gone quite badly. Stepping back a bit, the businessman shook his head for a moment, then replied, in an altogether calmer tone."Right, then, that's what will have to be done. I thank you for your time, and apologize for the misunderstanding. I get somewhat... overexcited at times. Too much caffeine, most likely."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom