To Save The World!

OOC: Okay, let me give you an explanation of the way BZP works. The site itself is split into a number of forums: BIONICLE Storyline and Theories, General Discussion, Completely Off Topic, and others. Within each of the forums are topics - for example, the To Save the World! game is a topic in and of itself. A topic is a collection of related posts, such as the one I'm currently writing in and yours above. That is as far down as the system of BZP goes; everything else falls within the realm of the story of TSTW!.This is a TBRPG (Text-Based Role Playing Game), meaning that we are essentially collaborating to write a big story with all our characters. It works just like any book; there are plotlines, sub-plots, locations, characters, etc. The MERLIN suite is a location in Jodrell Bank, Manchester, England. It is currently being used in the Lady Hexas plot, where a team of Heroes (and a Villain) are trying to track down Lady Hexas, whose identity and plotline could be better described by other people.Currently, both the Lady Hexas plot and the other major plot, where a different team of Heroes is trying to find the location of the US President's recently kidnapped daughter, are at stages where it would be detrimental to the mission for other players to jump in. There are a number of subplots going on at the moment; if/when you get approved, perhaps you could see about joining one of those or starting your own...IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone arrived just behind Ultionis, not about the let the supersoldier get far ahead of him. As Ultionis stepped aside, Loadstone bowed his head and reached out toward the door. A bit overdramatic, but that was simply for Ultionis' sake. Waves of thin magnetic force traced the frame of the door, allowing him to sense the bolts holding it in place. From there it was as simple matter to hook tiny magnetic fields around each of the bolts and increase the potency of the fields, forcing the bolts against their mechanisms and unlocking the door. As there was physically nothing different between what Loadstone did and what the mechanism would have done had the keypad been punched, and the security system would not be able to tell the difference, no alarm was raised.The door swung outward by itself, and Loadstone motioned for the others to enter while he held it open. Ultionis knew where they were going, and Skyra was the one who would secure the area. Might as well let them go first...~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

[WELL THEN APPROVE IT!!! :P

Can't approve your profile until its to an acceptable standard I'm afraid. We still need to know more about what your character looks like. For instance:

You can't just make up an entirely new species and not mention anything about his appearance. What colour is his skin? Does he even have skin? Does he look roughly human or does he have extra limbs or something? He's got -taur in his species name, so is he a bit like a bull?

Fill out your Appearance section more either through text or an image

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Skyra - Entering -Skyra entered the building right behind Utionis. Skyra was already getting a 'feel' for the vents by reaching out with his powers. He also began to make the air shift around them in such a way that sound would not be able to travel but a few feet away from them.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

NPC: If the soldier had been doing well before, now it was clear he was in his element. His movements were quick but precisely measured, like a panther prowling its hunting grounds. The armor he wore made almost no noise - clearly it was designed with this kind of mission in mind. Well, probably something a bit more lethal, but the same general idea applied. Every so often he would stop at Skyra's signal, which he watched for at all times. They couldn't be seen just yet. Unfortunately it seemed now that this might be unavoidable.Ultionis glanced briefly through the second-to-last door before their target, which had thankfully been left ajar. He withdrew almost immediately and motioned to Skyra to restrict sound to a small envelope around them. "The secretary's still in," he said gravely, speaking for the first time since the roof. "Unless we can distract her we might have to just go past and hope she doesn't call the cops."(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: (Loadstone)"Call me paranoid, but I'm content assuming the secretary's another plant," Loadstone said quietly. "Whether she is or not, I say we bring her in with us while we interrogate Mr. Omaha. That way we can keep an eye on her, and she can't raise an alarm. If she's Coalition, then we catch her too. If not, then it wouldn't hurt for her to know what sort of man she's working for..."~Lord Rahl~

IC: Skyra - Office Building -Skyra nodded in agreement with Loadstone, he didn't speak however, he was trying to concentrate on keeping their conversation unheard. It was actually pretty difficult considering he had to make the sound rebound of the air in a particularly precise way.

NPC: "Good idea," answered Ultionis. "I'll keep watch so she's not taken hostage." He glanced at the door again. "Right now her office is the only thing between us and the target. You're speaking for us, so you lead the way from here." Remembering that they didn't really know what they were up against, the soldier's hands instinctively drifted toward his guns. Of course it wasn't likely he'd need them for another minute or so, but a quick draw had won more than one firefight.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

TradtheMentalist's character, who is a Villain, is apparently being chased by someone.~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Wasn't aware of any alignment changes.IC: "Jocasta! " A shout rang out around the apparently abandoned library. It was immediately followed by swearing and sneezing. "Jocasta!" yelled Madness again. "JOCASTA!""Young man, please be quiet!" An old woman, with her hair in a bun and a severe face turned around the corner and frowned. "Now, Madness, have you been good to your mother?""The question is, has she been good to me?" replied Madness. "Now, can we cut the cloak and dagger games and let me enter the Library?""Of course," Jocasta waved her hand over a desk, which promptly separated into two to allow a elevator to rise.Madness and Jocasta stepped onto the elevator, which quickly descended. It stopped and they got off into a library that looked like something out of Star Wars."Now what do you want?" Jocasta snapped. "I'm quite busy, seeing as we have a whole new collection of books."Madness gave a brief account off what had happened and a description of his pursuer.Jocasta frowned. "As much as it pains me to say this, I have absolutely no idea of who, or what was your pursuer." She pressed her lips together. "You're, however, welcome to use the tomes, but on account that you don't desecrate them like you did last time."

"Wer Traumt?"

TradtheMentalist's character, who is a Villain, is apparently being chased by someone.~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Wasn't aware of any alignment changes.
OOC: Oh dear, my apologies. I was reading the Solo Hero column like the Solo Villain one. It all just started to blur toward the end. Honestly, I should be beyond little slip-ups like that by now; I've only been doing this four years. Sorry! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/blush.pngEDIT: There, I edited that bit out.IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone straightened into a more commanding stance and whisked past Ultionis into the secretary's office. Magnetically pulling his League ID from a hidden pocket built into his suit for it, he grabbed it from midair and thrust it toward the startled woman. "Good afternoon, ma'am," he said, modelling his tone after a brusque businessman. "My acquaintances and I are with the League of Salvation, and we have an interest in speaking with Mr. Omaha. If you would please accompany us into his office, we would very much appreciate it. We want only a few moments of your time."OOC: You have no idea how hard it was fo me to resist the urge to model this from a scene in Shrek 2 and have Loadstone say "We're from the union." :P~Lord Rahl~ Edited by Lord Rahl

IC: Viktor observed the warning labels, the cone, the intercom. He then, after checking to see that no wandering staff were in earshot, spoke to Lone."You should speak to the health and safety man since you are supposed to be our engineer. Be sure to argue for all of us to enter."IC(NPC): The secretary looked up at Loadstone with wide eyes of surprise, a telephone halfway to her ear. She had long blonde hair and a plastic-looking face - which was a shame, since she could only be in her twenties and probably still had natural beauty beneath the botox. She replaced the telephone receiver and her gaze swept over the three heroes. She visibly struggled to keep a straight face but after a moment broke out into an excited smile."Certainly," she said, a little breathlessly. She stood up, and beckoned with long red fingernails for the group to follow her, leading them across the room and toward a locked door at the far end. She produced a card of her own, swiping the keycard lock and gaining them entry after a small electric buzz."Mr. Omaha, I'm afraid an urgent matter has come up," announced the secretary as she pushed open the door. "There are three heroes from the League here to see you on urgent business." She allowed the heroes to come inside, then closed the door behind her.The colour drained from Scott Omaha's red-clay skin. The middle-aged CEO was sitting behind a desk that could only be assumed to be there due to the shape of the cluttered paperwork sitting atop it. A window filled most of the wall behind him; it offered a view onto the factory part of the facility, where great robotic arms tended to jumbles of metal rolling along production lines. The glass must have been very thick for no sound from the busy-looking factory floor made it into the office. The other walls of the office were obscured by tall filing cabinets, bookcases and photographs. A fan droned in one corner, though it did little to fix the stuffy atmosphere of the room."H-hello->ahem< G-good afternoon," said Mr. Omaha, twitching his arm as if considering shaking hands with the group then deciding against it. "How can I, ah, be of service t-to you heroes..?"

Edited by Kumata

IC: Lone nodded in agreement and went up to the door and knocked. it opened and what Lone guessed to be the Health and safety guy was the one to open it. "sir, my party is needing entire to the MIRLEN suite and we all have to go in. we were told there was also a power leak, which i can help with seeing as i'm an engineer."OCC: i'll leave it to Glove to have the replie for the health and safety guy.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone allowed himself a moment of satisfaction as the group entered. If Scott Omaha's reaction to their sudden appearance was any indication, then they had him. He had to go about this cautiously, however; Omaha would be most dangerous if he panicked. The last thing they wanted was a fight on their hands, or more likely, for him to try to attempt an escape."Mr. Omaha, my name is Loadstone," he began, stepping forward to make it clear that he was speaking for the others. He changed his tone to a much more sympathetic one, hoping that it would help put the man at ease. "I'm sorry to arrive completely unannounced, but this matter simply couldn't wait long enough for us to schedule a meeting with you. It has recently come to our attention that certain company records belonging to the Foilocution Corporation have been tampered with. While we would normally pass this along to the government to handle, the League has taken interest in this case because of the recent kidnapping of President Thomas' daughter. As I am sure you are well aware, when the Coalition abducted her, they took her back to a facility belonging to your company, where another Villain was waiting to transport them to safety. Given the nature of the cover-up in the records, we cannot help but assume that they are linked in some way."He took a deep breath. "Mr. Omaha, we believe that an agent of the Coalition of Corruption has infiltrated the Foilocution Corporation."OOC: By the way, where are we? I don't believe you ever said where the Foilocution Corporation's headquarters were...~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

OOC: Somewhere in America other than New York. I don't really mind; are there any states where the head office/factory of an engineering corporation is likely to be?IC(NPC): The secretary's gaze was on Loadstone, with little trace of concern for her boss. She seemed to be enjoying watching the heroes at work.Scott Omaha's mouth was a downturned crease, as if tugged at by invisible hooks. He clasped his hands together, then folded his arms, then crossed his legs."I don't um, I don't think that is the case. The kidnap of the President's daughter happened in >ahem< Washington D.C., wasn't it? The Fuh-FoiIocution Corporation does not have any sites there, not any more." He swallowed. "I mean no offense, but are you certain that the records you saw were genuine..?"

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Off the top of my head, I would say the central swath of the American Midwest. Somewhere like Kanasas, Missouri, Nebraska, or Iowa. :shrugs:IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone suppressed a grin. He'd just fed the man a free pass to point them toward anyone else in the entire company, and all he'd done was dig himself in deeper. Since he hadn't risen to the bait, the next step would be to bring him to a confession."Sir, my source has never made an error to date," Loadstone replied evenly. "The Foilocution Corporation does indeed still possess facilities in Washington; though the site has been inexplicably abandoned, your company has refused to sell the warehouse to several interested parties. I find it hard to believe that if you wanted no connection to the location that you would not have sold it."Now, onto the tampered records. It seems that the Foilocution Corporation has been producing a substantial quantity of products that the public never lays eyes on. According to your company's public records, these products simply don't exist. Your internal database says otherwise. Not only are you producing more than you are publicly admitting, but then these items are packaged and shipped to 'abandoned' Foilocution facilities, such as the warehouse in Washington. We've sent agents to investigate those sites, and they're all empty. It's quite clear someone doesn't want anyone to know that's going on, and so there's been a cover-up."Given that the Coalition has made a resurgeance within the same time period as the changes in the Foilocution Coroporation, and the Coalition's familiarity with the warehouse in Washington, it is our belief that this company has been supplying the Coalition with technology. Which, I might add, is a serious felony..."~Lord Rahl~

IC(NPC): Scott Omaha glanced towards the door. "I don't - this company would never willingly aim to support the Cuh-Coalition of Corruption!" He glanced towards the door again. "And th-the changes in The Foilocution Corporation and the Coalition of Corruption happened together because they took place after the invasion. Everything changed after that dreadful time..."

Edited by Kumata

IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone openly grinned now. "Oh, I forgot to mention the final tie between Foilocution and the Coalition. If you take the letters in 'The Foilocution Corporation' and rearrange them, they spell out 'The Coalition of Corruption.' Anagrams have always been a common ploy of the Coalition. As I recall, this company was known as Mayfield Motors until you took control. Is that just a coincidence, as well?"~Lord Rahl~

IC(NPC): "That's not - I don't - " Scott Omaha stammered for a few moments, then closed his eyes and took a long, deep breath. When he opened them again he indulged in another quick glance towards the door before speaking again. "I am a little embarrassed to hear that, but the name being an anagram is just a coincidence. The name was changed to reflect the expansion of the corporation's aims, and for the fact that the previous CEO, Athelstan Mayfield, is no longer in charge. I am sure that there are many corporations out there whose names can be formed into unfortunate anagrams..."

IC: "sir, we need entire into the suite now. i can help with the repairs, but if you don't let us in, this building could lose the chance at a huge research fund from an international think tank. i recommend that you let us in, now," Lone could sound commanding when needed, and right now was one of those times

War...war never changes.

IC: (Loadstone)"I'm sure there are," Loadstone agreed. "Congratulations on finally mastering that stutter, by the way. I was beginning to think it was permanent." He turned and gave a sidelong look at Ultionis, then brought his full focus back on Scott Omaha."Considering that you are convinced that this is a misunderstanding - albeit quite a large one - then I am sure that you won't mind if we investigate further. Posting League members as security at these abandoned Foilocution facilities, monitoring your production and shipping processes, questioning some of your personell...and of course, scanning your staff and factories for Omega Radiation, yourself included. Oh, and the US government is very invested in this case as well. We'll have to alert them to our suspicions, and they'll perform their own checks. I'm sure they'll be extraordinarily interested in seeing this record discrepancy we've been discussing..."~Lord Rahl~

IC: Skyra - CEO Office -Skyra noticed that Scott Omaha kept staring at the door, and distinctively moved closer to it. If Scott tried to run for the door, he'd have to get Skyra out of the way first.

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

IC: here goes nothing. "sir, i wont the safety gear for the repairs, seeing as my limbs are prosthtic, the eletrical current won't do any damage to me, and i should only need the tools you have in there to make the fix, and the rest of my group aren't stupid, so i'm confident they won't get themselves killed." lone knew he was treading dangerous water here, but it was the best idea he could come up with on the spot.

War...war never changes.

IC: Viktor frowned at the resistance they were facing. Although he would like to believe that this man was a servant of Lady Hexas, he knew full well that some people were just that obstinate.IC(NPC): Upon seeing Skyra moving close to the door, the secretary moved out of his way. She leaned against a filing cabinet as Mr. Omaha responded to Loadstone."I... would ask you to not do that. It would seem like an unnecessary waste of the League's time and resources. I am sure you have more worthwhile things to investigate. No offense." His voice was levelled, as if he was restraining himself from some kind of outburst...

IC: (Loadstone)"Oh no, this is one of our top priorities," Loadstone replied graciously. "In the off-chance that our suspicions are correct, we're talking about a Coalition production line. There's absolutely no chance we wouldn't look into that, and we have plenty of allies and members who have extra time on their hands. And even if we didn't, then we would be obliged to pass this along to federal officials. You've made it quite clear that you have nothing to hide, so this will only be for our peace of mind. There's nothing to worry about, Mr. Omaha."~Lord Rahl~

IC(NPC): Mr. Omaha bowed his head for a few moments, then raised it to speak, glancing towards the door again as he did so. Wait, no... the direction of his glance had changed. Now that she'd moved away from the door, he was glancing toward his secretary."I-if you decide on this course of action, then how long... how long would it take before the, um, full force of League heroes arrives here?" His eyes sparkled; he was on the verge of tears...

Edited by Kumata

IC: this guy just wont give up will he? " sir, i've been working with eletric currents for a good four years using these limbs. they were made to work with eletrical currents. i won't get hurt, if that's what your worrying over."

War...war never changes.

IC: "well then, goodbye." Lone went back to the others, and said to all of them in a hushed tone "this guy is ether a agent for Hexas, or very stubborn. i think we may have to get those papers he talked about earlier signed before we even have a shot at getting in."

War...war never changes.

OOC: I knew it! :sly:IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone was good at piecing puzzles together; he'd been a technician since the age of sixteen, and an inventor since he was nine. If something didn't appear to fit, most often it didn't, and you were looking at it wrong. And after following Scott Omaha's unsettled gaze toward his outwardly calm secretary, the puzzle pieces all slammed together. X-Calibur saying that Omaha's face didn't match any known Coalition members. Omaha's palid face and stutter were hardly the trademark of a hardened criminal, or a Coalition member in disguise. By now, if he had been a Coalition member, he would have lunged at them, thrown himself through the window behind himself, or at least kept his composure. He would not have acquiesed and nearly burst into tears. There was only one solution.The secretary was the Coalition plant. Omaha was merely there to take the blame if the League had ever come knocking."Well, Mr. Omaha, I cannot say for certain," Loadstone said as nonchalantly as he could muster. "I suppose it will depend on whether your secretary will cooperate with us, or if she's going to put up a fight." He punctuated this statement by pointing a gloved hand toward her, electricity suddenly crackling along his vambrace. "I didn't catch your name, Miss," he added with a smirk.~Lord Rahl~

IC(Whistler): "Well, it's either that or we break in, and while I'm not thrilled with the idea of waiting to get papers signed - by people whom I doubt are inclined to sign them - I'm also not terribly enthusiastic about forcing our way through."The businessman glanced over at Gadgeteer, hoping he'd have some miraculous solution to their problem.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Saosin (Jodrell Bank, Manchester, England)Tilian looked around at the others."We could try and find a way to fake the papers," he suggested. "If you could show me pictures of the different signatures required, I could forge them from memory and get us in."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

NPC: Ultionis had suspected for a while now that Omaha wasn't the crook. At first he thought he was just a terrible liar, but that wouldn't make sense for an infiltrator. Then the itching at the back of his head confirmed something was wrong. It had never let him down before, anyway. He'd had just enough time to consider that the secretary was way too cool in this situation before Lodestone confirmed they had thought the same by pointing a potentially-lethal ionized weapon at her, also known as his hand. The soldier followed this up by drawing one of his guns and aiming it between her and the door. If she made a run for it, she wouldn't be on her feet for long. More importantly, while the right hand pointed a gun and generally made its intention clear, the left snuck toward a pocket to slowly withdraw the canister of knockout gas. This, in all, was only a minor upset in the plan. Skyra would know his part.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Magneta nodded, and hit a few buttons on the control panel. "I'm turning off our stealth systems and broadcasting the League ID signal. They'll pick up our signal, and we'll be set up for the diplomatic route."IC: Negafire cleared his throat and raised his hand. "We could take the middle route. Be more assertive, tell him he could lose his job if we don't give this place the grant because of him. Besides, I have some electrical experience, we could mention that as well, he might be more inclined to let us in if some of us really know what we're doing in there."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: [Exemplar]Bobby was glad that someone was going to come supervise him. Well, he wasn't glad about the supervision, but backup was always nice. He could cause some chaos when needed, but otherwise he was pretty harmless to most superhero type people. "Oh, erm, I'm about two hundred feet north of the Superbeing Smackdown tornament entrance." He looked up at the sun then said "Make that East...give or take." he corrected himself.OOC:Will I beinteracting with other player characters on this assignment? Or will it be all NPC work?

IC: "This man, he tells us that we must get papers signed in triplicate. I suspect that all this red tape is designed to waste our valuable time," murmured Viktor, after some thinking. "We must break in to the MERLIN suite. However, we must do so discreetly, so as not to alert security. There will not be security staff inside, since there is believed to be a power leak. If the leak is false and if Lady Hexas and her agents are inside, they will wish to avoid alerting security as much as we."IC(NPC): The secretary looked at Loadstone blankly for a moment. Then suddenly she broke into a grin, unable to contain her excitement."I've been looking forward to this," she said, "I really have. It's my first time battling the League you see. You'll be gentle won't you?"She clutched onto her chin and yanked the fleshy mask away. The lumpy face underneath could be accurately described as a combination of a classical Greek statue and crazy paving. The group only saw this for a second, though, for in the next she had thrust an arm outwards, streams of greenish-yellow liquid burning through the fingers of her flesh-coloured glove and spraying at wide enough angles to target all three of them. Scott Omaha shrieked and ducked behind his desk...OOC: Think The Thing for what Ms. Secretary looks like.

Edited by Kumata