To Save The World!

IC: "Good point! Moving on from Snookie now! Ember Gunn, sounds good, finally have a name!" Negafire cried, desperate to move away from the topic of Jersey Shore. "Well, thanks for that, thanks for the deal, anything else we have to discuss?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Saosin (Air over Manchester, England)"No, that should be--"Suddenly, his photographic memory kicked in. Once again, he was viewing the events of sixty seconds ago, and when he came to, he blinked several times."Did you say you knew where the Coalition's new headquarters are?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "... $&!#." Negafire said, facepalming. "I can't tell you. Mr. Mystery will already be ###### beyond imagination that my cover was blown, he will kill me slowly and painfully if I tell you were the base is!"

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Saosin (Air over Manchester, England)"Ember," said Tilian, moving in. "Only two people in the world know where I live. If you stay with me, you'll be safe. I promise. You'll have the highest protection imaginable."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Negafire paused, grinding his teeth. His brain was going in a hundred different directions, he didn't know what to do... "I... I... I have conditions. Gap, one of the other members, I want her spared. The Doctor, he'll swap over if you make it worth his while. Uh... There's this one scary guy who invades dreams, I /don't/ want him around, he tried to kill me... How's it sounding so far?"

IC: Negafire rubbed his goatee, thinking for a moment. "Hivemind. No mercy on her. Deep dark dungeon or whatever it is you guys do to villains. And I get League protection. I'm not sure hiding in your home will be enough."

IC: Saosin (Air over Manchester, England)"Hey!" said Tilian, mock offended. "I have a penthouse in the Trump World Tower, right next to the UN. Used to belong to Derek Jeter. It's plenty secure."He grinned and shook Negafire's hand again."It's a deal. Where's the base?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Negafire paused again, closing his eyes. This was it. Time to seal his destiny. "The Arctic. North Pole. We built a massive base there. Just about all the members are stationed there right now." At this, he reached up and plucked his Coalition communicator out of his ear and handed it to Saosin without a word.OOC: It's in the Arctic, right? It was one of the poles... I think I got it right. If not, I'll edit.

IC: Saosin (Air over Manchester, England)Tilian was silent for a long moment as he held the small communicator, fully aware of the dangerous information he had just retrieved."Jesus Christ," he finally whispered.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ember slid down the wall, resting his forehead on his knees and closing his eyes. "I'm a dead man. 4 months of life, that's all I get. He's going to kill me. Probably you too. Sorry, Saosin. You seem like a good guy. But we'll probably both end up dead now..."

IC: Saosin (Air over Manchester, England)"Nobody's killing either of us, alright?" said Tilian, standing. "When we get on the ground, I'll report this to the London branch. We'll be fine."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Negafire sighed, running his hands through his hair. "I hope you're right. I'm not ready to die yet. But this means that we have to get Mr. Mystery first, or he'll hunt us down. Grand Cross too. They're the leaders, without them an assault will be easier for us." He stood up, sighing and tensing his muscles. "So... What now?"

IC: Saosin (Air over Manchester, England)"We go back out there," said Tilian with a shrug. "We finish up the Hexas job. We go back to New York. Improvise from there."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ember nodded again, rubbing his eyes with one hand. "Do we tell them who I am? Whistler's League, right? Should he know?"

OOC: Eek, no! The League can't discover that base yet! We just barely had it built!IC: (NPC - Mr. Mystery)"I'm so sorry to intrude, but I believe someone mentioned my name?" a disembodied voice echoed behind Tilian. A black-hooded figure wavered into sight, and though his face was obscured, Mr. Mystery was bristling with anger. "And other secrets that were not to be divulged, from what I gather..."OOC: Will respond to other posts once I'm done with damage control here. :P~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC: Saosin (Air over Manchester, England)"Hel-loooo," said the young Californian brightly, not at all impressed by the Coalition leader's sudden appearance. "You're the bro from Billy and Mandy, right?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "YEP!" ​Negafire cried, startled by Mr. Mystery's appearance. "Sudden death, what'd I say?! I believe "I predicted this not 30 seconds ago! WE'RE DOOMED!"

IC: (NPC - Mr. Mystery)"Do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut before I clamp it shut for you," Mr. Mystery snapped at Negafire, whirling around on Tilian. "I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure of meeting you before," he said, icy menace thinly veiled behind a polite tone in his voice. "I am Mr. Mystery, joint ruler of the Coalition of Corruption and quite possibly the most wanted SuperVillain in the world."OOC: MM's blocking any sound from reaching the others in the jet, btw.~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC: Saosin (Air over Manchester, England)"I'm Tilian!" he chirped, clearly not at all worried. To Negafire, he must have seemed psychotic. The thought made him grin a bit wider. "I surf and I own a bar."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (NPC - Mr. Mystery)"Oh, I believe you're quite a bit more ambitious than that," Mr. Mystery said slyly. "Agreeing to harbor a renegade Coalition member in exchange for the location of our headquarters? Protecting a psychic manifestation of evil from the League? That's not only stupid, it's suicidal, angering both of the world's largest SuperHuman organizations. Unless, of course, you have no intention of honoring that agreement, which would only prove that the League is not as righteous as they pretend to be and Negafire is absolutely brainless to trust you..." ~Lord Rahl~

IC: Saosin (Air over Manchester, England)Tilian snorted in laughter."I'm "harboring" a piece of the personality of a friend of mine," he said with a shrug. "And he's getting League protection, so it's not like they won't know anyway. You know, I've read a lot about you. Almost everything we know, in fact. Ex-government agent, one of the Founding Fathers of the Coalition, Omega Radiation bloodsucker...interesting life, even if it's not one I'd agree with."He shrugged again."You guys want anything to drink? I have plenty of Dr. Pepper..."-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (NPC - Mr. Mystery)"I did not come here to argue with flippant SuperHeroes or share mindless pleasantries," Mr. Mystery retorted coldly. "I've come because certain secrets of our organization have been divulged, and I am here to protect them. You will not leave this room with the knowledge of the location of our headquarters, that I swear to you."At the present moment, I leave you with three options. The first is an instant, painless death. The second, a slow and agonizing torture ultimately ending in your death. The third, I modify your memory so that you forget this conversation ever took place. And yes, Tilian, I am even capable of altering the memory of one such as yourself." EDIT: OOC: Okay, what I refrained from earlier. I apologize, Snelly, for dropping the ball with Dreamcatcher. I intended to send someone out her way to bring her back into the physical ream, but with everything else I'm juggling I guess I just forgot.IC: (Loadstone)"Please, don't worry about it," Loadstone said soothingly. "In a situation like that nothing more could be expected of you. Just come back to headquarters with us and we'll see what we can do about the 'Foilocution Corporation.'"Loadstone turned toward Golem-Girl, giving her an appraising look. With a wave of his hand, he magnetically disassembled several of the filing cabinets and formed a metallic straightjacket that he wrapped around the Villainess' form to keep her arms in place. His other vambrace slipped off his arm and curled around the metal band holding Golem-Girl's legs in place, and when he was done her ankles were shackled together. "That ought to hold her," he said confidently.~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC: Negafire had remained silent since Mr. Mystery had snapped at him, but now found his voice. "Uh... Actually, I'd like to propose something. Mr. Mystery, I don't know how much attention you've paid to me over the course of my stay, but I've been keeping track. My only major accomplishment has been to weld together some of the framework for the base. Everything else I've done has been detrimental. Getting shot during the kidnapping, losing that prisoner, abandoning the ISNN thing, blowing my cover and now this. I'm incompetent. I wouldn't think you'd want me around any longer. So, I propose this: You edit our conversation. Pull the bits that compromise the Coalition, take any of my memories that I could use against you, and let us go. If I go with the League, I'll be just as incompetent, maybe blow stuff at their end too. Let's face it, having Plasmafire's personality makes me a horrible villain, but having more violent tendancies would make me a bad hero too. You're actually gaining something with my plan: The chance to inadvertently weaken the League." At this point, Negafire was just trying to cover himself and Tillian. After this, he knew there was no way he could go back to the Coalition. At the League, you could at least be sure they wouldn't kill you.

IC - Scott Omaha @ The Foilocution Corporation"B-but we've been a good company," said Mr. Omaha pleadingly. It seemed he'd taken Loadstone's comment to mean that the League was going to shut down the corporation. "Good honest workers, please, apart from her, and the orders she made, it's all been legit - if not for me, then consider the rest of the staff, they have families to feed."Golem-Girl writhed and struggled, but the metal bindings were indeed enough to hold her.IC - Viktor Borislav @ The sky over ManchesterSilently the Russian sat and thought. Now that the chaos was over - perhaps only temporarily - he was able to focus his thoughts and consider their mission more thoroughly. As Saosin's communicator loudly confirmed, Perun had been taken down. This was good, although Viktor would not consider the mission a complete success until they had located Lady Hexas and apprehended her. As to the fate of Lone and Ike, he assumed that since the satellite hadn't been able to fire at least Lone must have survived, although he honestly didn't care much one way or the other. It wouldn't help his hero facade much to waste energy looking for them, so why bother?He looked at the helmet of his Gadgeteer armour, which was resting by his feet. Inside it was his only method of contacting Carapace, which he would have liked to do right about now, but he daren't risk putting it back on until he'd performed a hard reset of its systems. Since he was allied with a League member, he wondered if he could manage to be so bold as to request bringing his armour back to one of their bases to be repaired, perhaps even upgraded. Though he'd been anxious about being recognised, the group had had a member of the Coalition of Corruption in its ranks and no-one had seemed to notice, even despite N-Ber making several suspect remarks... no, he told himself, though it was an alluring prospect he didn't want to take the risk. If he was recognised it would all be over. Better to play it safe - when this mission would over he would thank the group for their help and be on his way. At the very least he'd be getting a change in location out of this; here in England there were no US agents hunting for him...

Edited by Kumata

:kaukau: IC: (Ivan, The Markets of Tal'Mar)It was gloomy out and people of all assortments of appearances bustled about in a world that, in spite of its fantastic technologies and species, seemed mundane. Amidst it all, the world seemed to zoom in on Ivan. He made his way relentlessly through the crowd, paying no heed to the people he shouldered aside as he walked with a purpose. It helped that he smelled like death on steroids, and people stepped aside.Tagging along was the kid, Icarus, desperate not to get lost in the faceless crowd, but also fascinated with the strange new sites around him. Every once and a while the calls of merchants by their stands and at the doorsteps of their stores distracted him, but he diverted his gaze only for a moment at a time, just to get a look at the unique characteristics of the world. Ivan knew of Icarus' difficulty with keeping up, but didn't bother whipping him into shape. His eyes gazed from behind his glasses, his head lowered as he beamed intensely from under his brow.There was a store, finally, that suited his needs, signaling a stop. There was a sign above the door plainly reading "Irolaro's Batch", with details about products shifting through a powerpoint presentation on a high definition plasma hologram. magnetic fields substituted for windows, and other holograms were posted elsewhere on the outside of the building.He looked around up and down the street, making sure he wasn't being followed. He even looked up at the sky, where an eerie white glow and electric bubbles broke the lower layer of black clouds. Icarus picked up on the idiosyncrasy and looked around as well."Is there a reason why you switched your patterns from narrow to broad focus?" inquired Icarus."I'm paranoid," said Ivan. He pushed the blue button that opened the blast door and let it close behind them when he admitted to more. "But it's only paranoia if you're wrong. There's a Skornix in the air following us. I think he wants something of mine, but I'm not for sure. I like that these walls are safe enough, though." He rapped the blast doors with his knuckles. "Safe enough, at least"He turned around. It wasn't that big of a store, about the size of a gas station. Decorations with an electricity theme stocked the walls. There was no desk for checking items out. Rather, there was a woman standing in a clear area free of products, surrounded by customers in a social semi-circle like they had just got out of church. Their clothes were nice, too, which completed the impression. He walked up to them, unabashed by their wrinkled noses."I need nanobot body wash, preferably powered by anti-matter," said Ivan. He began to undo his bowtie and unbotton his shirt, saying, "And a new set of clothes. I know you have my style. Once I get done with a shower, burn these." He handed his shirt to the lady in charge, who grimaced and held it at a distance."Yes, um, get him his needs," said the lady."Thank you, Isma," said Ivan. "I might recommend, out of your own business interest, that you don't take any customers." He walked to the back of the store, where the floor elevated by a step. There was a shower there. Someone handed him a tube filled with gunmetal gray substance and he walked in.Not that anyone's business what he did in the shower, but to be clear, he took his supplies in and put the substance on them first. There was a sizzling sound as he rubbed it over the supplies. As for his own body, the body wash made a similar sizzling sound. It was quite hot and it stung, but in that good way, like after cracking one's back and realizing that muscles were loosening up. As the nanobots kicked into hyperdrive, the glittering bubbles on his body and in his hair began to glow a bright light. He no longer needed to rub the wash on his body as it automatically began to crawl over his skin and seep into every crevice of his body, leaving no place untouched, no place uncleaned. he glowed for another minute, and then suddenly all the suds faded into a plain white and fell off oh him.He opened the door to the shower and peaked his head out. There was a full tuxedo hanging on the knob. he changed into it, but discarded the jacket. He walked out, feeling ready to face the world again."My hour-long vacation is over," said Ivan. "Though I'd just like to mention, that was one powerful scent I had on me. It was literally seeping underneath my skin.""We at Irolaro's pride ourselves in being the top of the line in such matters as personal checkups, there's truly nothing like us," said Isma."Now please, don't say that," said Ivan as he began to tie his bowtie. "Everyone says that and it never sounds convincing. Now hand me my gun."Isma didn't hesitate to give it to him. Ivan marched up to the blast door and opened it. The Skornix was sulking on the other side. It pulled out a gun, only to realize that Ivan was already aiming at its head. "Before you get yourself screwed, realize that I'm in a bad mood today. Do you know that happens to people who provoke me when I'm in a bad mood?""Yes, they get spared anyway," said the Skornix."Even so," said Ivan, "I have this set to a level that it will hurt. Good night. Or is it morning? I can never tell, here." He shot the Skornix at a relatively low level and it fell unconscious on the ground. "Sorry about that," he turned around, "just business as usual. Now, I know that Irolaro's Batch is a pretty powerful company by now. What do you say, do you think you can give me safe transport to another dimension?""Yes," said Isma. "More than safe. I think we could conveniently land you anywhere you want. Our interdimensional technology is more advanced than anything you could afford second-hand. I think you should know that by now, dear Ivan." She seemed to be advancing on him, and she put her hands on his chest."Don't diss," said Ivan, stepping back. "Ike was the one who laid out the fundamentals for your work. You're a mere shadow of him, and a dim one at that. I just need something big and specialized. Lately I've been stuck with easy to track, disruptive equipment that was primitive to begin with and had to be converted because it wasn't even meant for teleportation. I'd like to see you do that in a minute flat."Isma didn't say anything, merely opting to rest her head head against Ivan's shoulder. Ivan stepped back, uncomfortable."Wait, what's this all about?" asked Ivan."Oh, nothing," said Isma, but Ivan noticed some of the other women customers looking his way.Ivan pulled out a card. "I have billions of kimits on here. It should be more than enough to afford these small services.""Anything you wish, Doctor," said Isma."Don't call me that. It brings to mind that entertaining but anglocentric show called Doctor Who," said Ivan. He grabbed a scanner from her chest pocket, not really considering boundaries at the moment. It zapped his card. "There, you now have two thousand kimits in your pocket. I'll be off to the teleportation platform, although if anything happens and something comes chasing after me, I'll be sure to sue, because the only reason I'm going through these is because I'm being assured otherwise.""Of course, of course, we assure you," said Isma.Ivan headed for the door and Dutch-rubbed Icarus on the head. "Come on, we're off," he said, taking Icarus by the hand and holding out his gun as he opened the blast doors. Some people looked wearily at him as he entered the narrow street. Satisfied that he wasn't being followed - and he could tell at a glance - he pocketed his blaster.As he walked down, a human woman stopped him. She was tall, ginger, and very pretty. "Hello, I must say, I love your bowtie," she tugged at it and Ivan pulled away, annoyed."I must also compliment your conservative dress; the turtleneck is dapper, although I'm not going to touch it," said Ivan."Thanks, I'm flattered," said the woman. "My name's Isterid and I just was wondering where you were going, because you seemed like an interesting person. Like, you stand out from the crowd and all that, and I thought to myself..." she walked sideways to keep up with Ivan "that a man walking like that must have someplace to go, and it must be quite the life. I wouldn't mind being someplace like that.""Yes, you would, since my idea of eudaimonia is probably a bit different than yours," said Ivan, who began walking faster in order to lose her to the crowd."I can adapt and change. You seem to have things figured out," said Isterid."I've earned my doctorate in over a dozen subjects and tend only to hang out with people who have done likewise," said Ivan. "My style can't be cramped by mere mortals like yourself. Goodbye." Now consciously wanting to avoid her, he lost her in the crowd almost instantly, and she was left look around, wondering how she disappeared so fast.Somewhere ahead, Icarus held tight on to Ivan's arm to make sure that he wasn't left behind as easily as Isterid. "So she was a spy?""No," said Ivan, "Just a flirt.""How could you tell the difference?" asked Icarus. "Wouldn't a good spy be able to pull off such a flirtatious guise? It was quite conspicuous.""I can tell," said Ivan with a matter-of-fact certainty that put an end to the conversation.It occurred to Icarus that the woman had known absolutely nothing about Ivan, and she had wanted to follow him. How strange, and he had judged her for that, but then he realized that he was only old enough to be in preschool and he was following Ivan around as well, and in spite of their last adventure he knew hardly anything more about him than any random stranger off the streets. What had possessed him to trust this man?They rounded a corner, walked down an alley, and merged into the next street, which had a few people walking through but it was hardly as busy. There were fewer lights and advertisements, so it was darker, and with less body heat Ivan noted that it was actually quite cold out, enough that he could see a white shimmering cloud of smoke highlighted in front of him whenever he breathed out."Hey Ivan, what factual knowledge can I gain about your past?" asked Icarus.Ivan looked around at Icarus. He didn't raise an eyebrow, didn't look surprised, didn't show any quirks that gave away his opinion on the question. "You already know all you need to know. My name is Ivan, I'm a doctor, and my best friends are Ian, Ike, and Io."""Yes, but what do you do?" asked Icarus. "Beyond the factual, I also ponder the personal. What is it about you that gives such a strong impression to everyone who sees you? It's as if they know there's something special about you, but they can't figure it out.""That's just me when I put on my 'Ivan' face," said Ivan. He narrowed his eyebrows, adopted a look of skepticism, adjusted his glasses, broke into the thinker pose. "I fit into certain archetypes of the subconscious, Icarus. It's subtle, but it works into people's minds. It works its way into my persona, and people get a glimpse at my personality, and people like it when someone who, without being shallow, immediately leaves them with the sense that they know that person. Now tell me, Icarus," said Ivan, putting a hand on each of the boy's shoulders, pulling himself in closer, "do you feel we know each other?""Yes," said Icarus."But there's a problem," said Ivan. "I can't help but wonder why you ran away with us so readily. I personally never would have taken you if Ike hadn't suggested it, and he's brilliant. Not just good, brilliant. That facade of eccentricity fools just about everyone, even himself sometimes, but it was more than just a whim to bring you along. Something tells me that coming with was more than a whim for you, too. Icarus, what could make you abandon your parents without even telling them to risk your life?"Icarus hesitated. "Ivan, I don't have any parents. They abandoned me."Ivan stopped. One of these stories? He typically tried to avoid orphans, since their melodramatic backgrounds often proved too much for him, especially if they were abandoned. "Abandoned when?""A year ago," said Icarus. "We were visiting the bakery and they bought me doughnuts. I was heading back to the car with them, but I was a little slow since I was trying to eat one, and I was proud of course because my parents no longer needed to carry me. Then, when they got in the car, they just drove off without me, not even looking at me."Ivan pieced this all together. "And where were you since then?" asked Ivan."I tried a lot of place," said Icarus. "Orphanages, daycares, and even hospitals, but they all ignore me."Ivan crouched down so he was level with Icarus now. "I have no reason to suspect this..." he said, pulling out his sensor. He held it up to Icarus and let the readings come to a confirmation."What? What is it?" asked Icarus."I don't know what's giving you bad luck, but it appears that it's related to this," said Ivan. He showed Icarus the readings on his sensory. There was a red light activated on it as well. The red light meant "positive". I don't know how you knew, Ike, but you dropped us a diamond, thought Ivan. "You are bristling with Omega radiation. In your universe, it's what gives you powers.""You mean I - ""Yup," said Ivan, getting up. "I'll look into it later." He pocketed the sensor. "Meanwhile, we have a world to save, and I've made it my business. Come on, we can't be late."They continued to move on until the street ended in a Cul-de-sac. Everywhere that there would have been a driveway was a white platform with glowing disks built in. It all looked a lot like Star Trek, but he supposed that wasn't such a bad thing, since everything about the technology felt clean and like the work of perfectionists. He approached one, introduced himself by name and was recognized by an operator with a list of recent appointments."Check, you made a reservation just a few minutes ago. Where would you like to go?" asked the guard.Ivan fingered back his hair. "Someplace off-dimension called - " he was interrupted when a group of girls who entered the teleportation grounds giggled and gossiped about him. Ivan stopped at once and lifted up one arm to smell himself.Something was wrong. He smelled fine. No, he smelled more than fine. He would go so far as to say that he even smelled better than ideal. Those nanobots had done more to him than just give him perfect hygiene."I'll be right back," he said, abandoning the operator. He left the teleportation center in a very face walk, bordering on running. When he was back in the crowded street, he made like a bowling ball and paid no need to who he bumped into, except for the occasional human woman, who he avoided completely. Before anyone could so much as recite the cubic formula, he was back in Irolaro's Batch."What is this?" asked Ivan."Why, I have no idea what you're talking about," said Isma."The nanobot body wash. It's affecting people around me, particularly those with two X chromosomes," said Ivan, walking straight up to her."Oh yes, one of our finer additions to FemtoHygiene Extra," said Isma."I see you made an interesting pun out of the prefix for one trillionth," said Ivan."Yes, well, we noticed that our products were considerably more popular when they did more than make a person smell clean," explained Isma. "We considered what people really want, and what they really want is a smell that goes beyond just the neutral state and instead went so far as to smell good.""That's what perfume is for," said Ivan. "This is different. From what I gather, I'm attracting people and they're not even aware of why they have such superficial desires for me. What's especially frightening is that it might not even be all that superficial over repeated exposure.""Yes," said Isma. "Well, we women have...needs. A man has to be tall, have a square jaw and muscular build, but there are also things they must have that so many men overlook and don't understand about women. There's always that part of our attraction where we wish they could be a little like us, just like how men like tough girls who are a little boyish. We deliberately made the FemptoHygiene Extra make men smell like the essence of purity, like angels, which is more or less how we women see ourselves sometimes. It rids them of some of those unwanted masculine features that we don't really value. Ultimately, everyone succeeds. Gender equality is achieved when both sexes find it just as easy to get a partner, benefiting men, and women get the opportunity to fall in love.""Love?" demanded Ivan. "LOVE? That's composed of more than just hormones, lady. That's a deep feeling created by conscious choices you make.""Precisely," said Isma. "Which is why we spent quite some time in studying this phenomenon, and we embodied psychic particles into the scent you now give off that also affects people in subtle neurological ways that shows up in their psychology, making it as genuine as possible.""So let me get this straight," said Ivan, now face-to-face with Isma ad grabbing her by the wrists so she couldn't squirm away. She didn't seem to mind. "You took biological principles and technology that I created for you. You reverse-engineered it until you figured out how to incorporate powerful drugs into the mix, with psychic particles thrown in for good measure. These then proceed to affect people within smelling distance when they enter into the bloodstream by the nose and attach to the brain, where they proceed to alter the thoughts of unwitting individuals. Their emotions are manipulated to play into the hands of others, and they invent reasons for their attraction to cover up your tracks for you, completing the illusion that their thoughts are their own."They maintained eye contact for several beats before Isma answered. "Yes, that is exactly what we do. I hope you come back again soon. You tactlessly used the entire bottle of FemtoHygiene Extra, but don't worry, one use lasts for forty-eight hours."Ivan pushed her away and strode out. "I'll come back, but to shut this place down, and when that happens, I'lll be your worst nightmare. You have invaded the sanctuary of the mind, which is one of the highest forms of all evil. The only reason you aren't dead meat already is because I have a world to save and that ranks higher on my priorities list, but next time we meet this will all end, because I'm going to come down on you like fire from Heaven!"The blast door closed with a woosh!When Ivan returned to the dock, Icarus was still there, waiting for him. Ivan walked up to stand by his side, looked down, then looked at the teleporters, wondering if they would be practical means of transportation. He had a bad feeling about this."You're a mature and responsible adult," said Icarus. "Yet you left me here in this dangerous world.""People have a habit of ignoring you, remember?" said Ivan. "I'm forming a few theories here and they're telling me you're safe.""Are you up for a flight?" asked the nearest operator."Yes, I'm ready now," said Ivan."Alright, prepare to send one passenger," said the operator."No, two," said Ivan. He made a mental note of the mistake made by the operator. People really did not notice Icarus. "By the way, allow me to determine the coordinates, thank you." He shooed the operator aside from his stand and took from his pocket a small hologram projector the size of a paper clip, which he snapped onto the edge of his glasses. A hologram was projected over his left eye, showing imaes connecting to the computer database. "Allow me to hack around with this a little," he said as his hands flew over the levers and buttons. Soon he had repurposed the machine to act as an interdimensional window. "Lock into the interdimensional GPS system. Show me activity over Jodrell Bank, starting at ten minutes ago. Fastforward, but maintain detail."Ivan watched as he saw a sped-up version of Ike skim through his glasses, starting with the negation of the Jeznewooby and ending with him entering into the building near the Lovell Telescope. Data running on the side of the screen suggested a transmission to a satellite called Perun. Further data suggested a warmhole had been activated. That had to be Ike. Ivan zoomed out to incorporate the satellite into his view and saw Ike examining the satellite until interdimensional interference brought in a space-traveler from some corner of the multiverse attempting to break the barriers of space, conveniently destroying the satellite in the process and throwing Ike back into his warmhole.Ivan zoomed back in and observed the data again, as something had caught his eye. It would have been subtle to anyone else, but Ivan knew his biology foreword, backward, and inside out, so it was obvious to him that the signal followed the patterns of a brainwave. After a second he concluded a technopath sent the message.He continued to watch the footage. Heroes appeared. They weren't incredibly obvious, but Ivan figured that with the size of the bank and the way they came out of the building where the message was sent that these must have been the fellows Ike was referring to in their last message. It became undeniable when one of them cast blue flame into a nearby building. The band of heroes loaded onto a plane and were off, but not before someone whose gait suggested cyborg limbs leaped up to grab onto a holding on the plane's underbelly."Show plane in realtime," commanded Ivan. The hologram skipped to the plane's present position over Manchester. After a few clicks of the control board, Ivan had locked on coordinates inside the plane, specifically in a smaller place that he didn't figure anyone would inhabit so that he didn't surprise anyone with his sudden appearance. Unfortunately, Ike would not be with them, but he didn't always work with his partner. What he needed now was to make a quick acquaintance with the allies Ike had made and to get all necessary information on the case. Plus, he had reason to assume that they were holding the technopath hostage and unconscious, and Ivan wanted to get a closer look at that specimen and hopefully disable him.Ivan picked up Icarus and stood on one of the dishes built into the platform. "Give me a throwback switch in case I need to immediately come back here," said Ivan. He still had a bad feeling about this. The operator threw him a white device. It looked like a cigarette lighter. Then he flipped a switch on his control board.The next thing he knew, he had simply vanished. The teleportation was instantaneous, and he was now standing in a room with a young man who he could almost swear was a surfer, a younger man with a goatee, and a figure in a hood.Figures in hoods were never good. Ivan grabbed the surfer by the shoulder and said, "Hold on." He pressed the button on his throwback switch and they were back in the markets of Tal'Mar."back so soon?" asked the operator."Shut up, I knew I had a bad feeling about that!" spat Ivan. "What was going on back there?" he asked the surfer.OOC: If nobody likes the Deus ex Machina, I'll just land him inside the main cabin and inspect the technopath, but I just really wanted to save Saosin from getting his memory altered. I hate those ploys. So does Ivan, in case this post doesn't make that much obvious. Just think of it this way: I care.Meanwhile, I'm setting up a future plot here revolving around the unethical practices of the Irolaro company in the markets of Tal'Mar. I hope it looks interesting enough.Dang, I've been wanting to write that post for a long time.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh Edited by Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

NPC: Ultionis rolled his eyes, but said nothing. Honestly he wasn't happy about the delay, but Mr. Omaha had just been through a traumatic, month-long experience and would need some consoling. Also probably therapy. Just one more reason he hated getting civilians anywhere near the action. He filled the time by contacting Miss Tress aboard the jet. "Slight delay on our return. Civilian issues. Should be wrapped up soon. Over."(H-D)NPC: Carapace smiled honestly and broadly to himself. Perfect. Just perfect. He'd just learned the exact location of the Coalition's base via the cameras attached to Negafire and Saosin's disguises, and Mr. Mystery seemed to be unaware. Oh, there was always the risk that he had technopathic abilities from some villain or other and could detect the cameras, but that was the primary reason why all signals Carapace ever sent or recieved were routed through fifteen relays, seven of them orbital and each requiring manual access to trace further, before they got to their destination. Plus, just out of paranoia, he'd shut off the feeds not long after Mystery made his offers. Even a technopath couldn't trace a signal that wasn't there.Now the only question was what to do with the information. He could inform the League, but... That would be tipping his hand. As of yet he knew the location, but not the details of the base. He would need to gather more information. He would need to focus his efforts. He would need to plan. The smile grew into a grin. His favorite game.But alas it would have to wait. For now, Hexas was still at large and he did have assets at work. A glance from the helmet's cameras (he had wiped out the offending program by now) revealed Gadgeteer- Wait. He ran a facial recognition program. In moments it had produced a result: A person of interest he'd noted before the invasion as a possible agent, a professional mercenary calling himself Dreadnought. Real name: Viktor Borislav. This explained a great deal... but it also raised the question of his current, low-quality armor. Well, focus on that later. For now he decided to contact the man through the only other means available to him.With the press of a few buttons he dialled a call to the cellphone he'd left in the pocket of Gadgeteer's disguise, just for emergencies.{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:Jocasta immediately reacted and elbowed the assailant in the chest, faster than Madness thought possible. She also bit down on the arm that was holding her.Madness, however, took the blow to his lung. The suit he was wearing absorbed most of it. He began to try and create mental barriers in their assailant's mind. This was a sketchy job at best, so there was no knowing what powers their assailant couldn't acess

OOC: Umm... Grau isn't holding Jocasta. He's behind Madness, trying to kill him. XD Sorry if that was unclear.

Dieter Geist, Grau/Jocasta's Library\IC:

...What good would biting his arm do? Yeah, it hurt like heck, but it wasn't enough to make him let go of Madness. With a sigh, Grau pulled the rapier back again and, this time with it intangible, stabbed again into Mentalist. Or he would have if his sword would have turned intangible. For some reason, he seemed to be lacking the ability to extend his control to his weapons. That was a mild anoyance.With a grunt, he pulled the trigger of his Glock. Jocasta would either have to let go and dodge or recieve a whole lot of pain. In addition, he squeezed Madness' neck even harder, trying to crush it.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: (Tragedy, with Gravity. flying to New York)while Tragedy can't talk in a bird form, he responed by flying forward towards NYC.(Lone, at the bank, trying to stop the kilsat)"if you can get up there, you wouldn't be able to breath if the hull of that thing gets breached, if it even has air to begin with. i'll go instead. i've seen all life has to give, and i can take out the sat on my own." Lone knew how he would get rid of the killsat, even if it meant dying himself. "Just one last thing, remember me when im gone"

IC:(ozo,wherever gravity and tragedy are)ozo grabs the bird by the legs."why were you following me,bird?"

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC:(Tragedy, in the hands of a an alien)Tragedy shifted out of bird form into werewolf form, so he could talk and fight if needed. "I woke up in the middle of the desert, and saw you on top of a pyraimd, so i thought to follow you for a bit, then veered of and found Gravity over here on a building" Tragedy said all this in his werewolf form, so it sound snarled when he talked

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: If I'm honest Lord Rahl, Mr. Mystery just appearing like that did seem quite contrived. What's more unlikely is that he didn't just do the logical thing and kill Saosin and Plasmafire (I know he can't because you can't godmod, but that's my point; there's no way he could have acted logically in that situation). Is it that big a deal if the League knows where the Coalition's HQ is? Plenty of evil rulers in history have made no secret of where they live, they were just hard to get to because their armies were in the way. I can't imagine the League leading an assault on the Coalition HQ without entailing massive casualties. The League could probably win in the end but they're not going to throw away the lives of their members like that.

Edited by Kumata

:kaukau: OOC: I was thinking the same thing, as well as the conversation being in poor taste for such a good storyteller. You use powerful characters like that to tell a powerful story, but this seemed like newbie RPer squabbling. Preferably, it's just better if you go along with it.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

OOC: What are you trying to say, Kraggh? I had to make a half-page list of possible jokes Tilian could use. That's not newbie level. ;_;-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: The jokes kinda turned it into a total gongshow. I'd recommend rolling with the knowledge in the hands of the League, Rahl. With the rate things go in-game, the League's planning of such an attack should take ages. Good reason would suggest that they'd monitor the comings and goings of the Arctic base (and the good news with that is that that will likely mean faster interventions in tiltorotor missions. The Coalition will have to evolve!)IC coming

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

:kaukau: OOC: No, what I'm saying was that the contrived scenario was, on Lord Rahl's part, going out of the way to protect a plot point that didn't seem worth protecting. I wouldn't invest my characters in those types of situations where the status quo is protected so much as look forward to possible scenarios that you could build up to in many different ways.It reminds me too much of something that happened in this thing called "Reality RPG" where privileged RPers used their powerful characters to intervene, but the characters felt like they were just IC proxies for OOC affairs, when I think moderation IC should have nothing to do with OOC concerns.Overall, was it really worth the intervention if Tyler and Korkoa weren't breaking any RPG rules? (sorry, Tyler, didn't mean the whole squabbling term in that way; it had more to do with the IC vs OOC thing I mentioned)IC: (Ike, Jodrell Bank, MERLIN suite)Ike landed in the MERLIN suite again, battered but not bruised. He looked around and saw that Lone had disappeared.Suddenly, a man in a spacesuit with cylinders of green liquid attached to his helmet appeared next to Ike."Ike! You're wanted in the 4th quadrant of the 6th path of Fentine for offending the Queen!" the humanoid shouted from behind his visor."Irrelevant," said Ike. "You forced your cultural beliefs on me, and they were offensive. You should not have traced me here.""You have no idea what kind of suit I'm wearing," said the man.In fact, Ike did not. How odd. In any case, it was irrelevant, since he could defeat the man in an instant. He immediately recognized self-destruction settings, but was unconcerned for his own safety. The only thing he would regret was the loss of the building and the costs to the British government. Oh well.Ike connected a couple of wires in the fragment of the satellite he carried, and it blasted at full force the remaining energy left inside, which fortunately was hardly much compared to the megatons of TNT it equated to earlier. A powerful energy shot out of the end and hit the bounty hunter head on, throwing him across the room. The cylinders on his mask cracked and broke, and the lights near his visor flickered out."Sorry for the unwarranted capital punishment," said Ike. He was about to brace for the explosion, but he decided against it and walked up to the bounty hunter. A metal rod on the back of the suit was about to go off and destroy the whole complex, but Ike hit it in just the right place. He noticed a certain high pitch he hadn't noticed before die down.Discombobulating day," said Ike, before hoisting up the unconscious mercenary and returning him into the invisible rift in space from whence he came. It turned around, and the rift sealed behind him on the way out.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

OOC: I appologize for such seemingly random and crude RPing, but I have been operating under the assumption for quite some time now that the storming of the Coalition's HQ was going to be a plot driven affair, quite clearly planned for a future date. In past experience, the revelation of the Coalition's base has been met with an almost instantaneous large group of Heroes swarming into the base, ultimately leading to the Coalition's abandoning/destroying that base and moving onto another one. Given the amount of effort Kumata and I have put into this new locale, and in all honesty are still in the process of setting up, I admittedly panicked.Also, I felt (and still feel) like the sudden revelation of the Coalition's whereabouts would derail Kumata's current plot about looking for Danielle Thomas. The League, as well as the US Government, would most likely assemble mass quantities of characters and lob them at the Coalition, both in an attempt to find Danielle and hopefully capture almost the entire Coalition in one fell swoop. I know Kumata's put quite a lot of effort into this plot, and I know of one or two others that will snowball from it, and I hold firmly to the belief that a raid on the Coalition's base now would ruin it. EDIT: Oh, and the Coalition's odd choices for headquarters (volcanic island, Alpine mountain, etc.) have always been remote, yet the League has had no qualms invading them before.And in Mr. Mystery's defence, I have always written his personality to encompass situations like this where I can't logically proceed without godmodding. He doesn't automatically kill people; he toys with them. Also, I tacked on the power to know where, when, and by whom someone says his name, a power derived admittedly from the Harry Potter series. I assumed that he knew Negafire said his name, popped in invisibly to see what was going on, and stepped in when he found out they'd been betrayed. It's a power I would logically expect the Coalition's taskmaster to possess, as he's essentially their sole force for keeping the Coalition in line.I hope that this justifies the turn of events; I was not trying to enforce rules, merely keep a number of planned plots from spiraling out of existence.~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl