To Save The World!

IC: Plasmafire raised an eyebrow as he listened to Fade. "Well, the tracking down villains and the celebrity stuff sounds fun... I'm suprised you haven't run into that before, most heroes have a fan base." Magneta finally rounded the corner and stopped next to Plasmafire. "Ah, Magneta. This is Fade, I've worked with him a couple times. Fade, my girlfriend, Magneta." Magneta smiled and extended her hand. "Hello Fade, nice to meet you!"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:"Feel free to tag along," Wingman said to Tilian. "We ought to clear out that lab a lot faster the more help we have."Eh... it's not nearly as fun as you might think... and if I had fans before this I've tried really hard to avoid them," said Fade to Plasmafire. He turned about to shake Magneta's hand. "Nice meeting you too. Could've sworn I've seen you in action before, though... Hostage situation in England? Cryokinetic by the name of Frigid? Ringing any bells?"[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

"Alright," he said, in that same calm voice. "I haven't done much in the last month, not since we were up in the Mothership."He was silent for a moment and then shook his head. If nothing else, he had mellowed out considerably in the last month.

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Magneta cocked her head, thinking for a moment. "You know what? That does ring a bell... I was there briefly, and I do believe I remember seeing you too. Nice to run into you again!" Plasmmafire nodded and turned back to Fade. "If you need any more help with this lair of yours, I'm sure we'd be happy to help. Magneta here just had her super status changed to revealed, so she can use her real life connections if needed."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:"Hey, I've got no problems with a little extra help; tag along if you guys want. Can't imagine she'll need those connections, though. The lab's been in League custody ever since I roughed up the scientist it belonged to a few months back," said Fade. "Problem is we haven't got a chance to search inside it, so we don't know what's down there. For all we know he left a doomsday device running when we threw him in the slammer. Plus, the dude loved his robots, so for all we know there could be a few active down there. You guys still in?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Magneta grinned and rubbed her hands together. "Robots? No problem! I'm a ferrokinetic, I chew robots up and spit them out!" Plasmafire chuckled and nodded. "We're in, Fade. It's been awhile since we've seen action. Thanks for the chance to stretch our legs, man."

"By the way," he said to the new arrivals, "I'm Tilian. Saosin, if I've got a supersuit on, but I could care less what you call me."

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Plasmafore nodded to Tilian and extended his hand. "I'm Plasmafire and this is my girlfriend Magneta." "I also go by Leah, I went public with my identity recently."

Tilian shook it firmly and nodded with a smile to Leah. It was the first show of emotion he'd made all day."I haven't gone public," he said with a shrug, "I just don't care. Props to you, though."

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Magneta laughed at this. "It wasn't much of a decision. My day job is as a reporter for the ISNN, it was just a matter of time until someone found out."

IC: Plasmafire chuckled and smiled. "What's it like owning a bar? Neither of us have ever actually been to one..."

OOC:Maybe if it's aright i can join in? Lighting users could be a nice help eh? XDIC:Kaname had taken a break from his search. All he got about Zeke was that once he was at the main Hero headquarters -he didnt really remember the name- and that was it. Currently now, he was looking for a man who was said to have possibly met Zeke was a hero named Fade. Which he had heard that he had something to do with a invasion of some aliens a months ago, that was easy since he found what seemed like a Fan Club for Fade. he got this information from a lady who was running around and asked him if he knew Fade.Now, he decided to take a visit to this Headquarters so he could learn more.OOC: Think of seeing him somehow ne? XD

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

Tilian shrugged, his demeanor finally starting to melt, replaced by his old Californian charm."Pretty cool, actually. Music's great, atmosphere's positive, and there's always something happening. I opened it up after we got back from the Mothership."

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Plasmafire crossed his arms and smiled crookedly. "You lucky devil. We got stuck planetside taking down guards." Magneta punched Plasmafire in the arm and laughed. "Hey, I had fun! I like going up against robots, it's easy!"

IC: Through using the accessed deals and reliable info he had finally found the League of Salvation's -well, he hoped it was- headquarters. There he just stood outside, eying possible ways to get their attention..who knows?Lets see what happens eh?

odstreflect.png

IC(NPC):

Southern Italy3 days after the invasion

A pneumatic hiss preceded a whirring of motors as a seemingly-ordinary wall broke apart, rearranging itself to reveal a storage area hidden beyond. As the segments slid away the wood panelling could be seen to have an inch-thick layer of steel reinforcing it. When the process was over, a bluish light activated in order to illuminate the secret chamber.“After you,” said Galen Salvatore, gesturing for Mr. Mystery to enter.The cloaked SuperVillain did so, his hood tilting left and right as he observed the contents of the chamber. The walls that flanked him were covered in weapons and gadgets of various design. Beneath them were small plates detailing their function and date of creation. Some were dated fairly recently, others had been devised decades ago. Directly before Mr. Mystery a supersuit was suspended like the Vitruvian man, arms and legs extended. It was coloured white and indigo, with broad gloves and boots, a curved cape and a helmet with a cross-shaped mask. The solidity of its form suggested that armour plating lay beneath the spandex. The supersuit was evocative of Grand Cross’ original costume, with subtle alterations that had been made during its years of use.“It has been some time since I wore this,” murmured Galen, marching forwards and plucking the helmet from the wall. “There was little calling for me to embark on missions these past few years. G-Force are my main method of influencing the world.”“Yes, I had been meaning to ask,” said Mr. Mystery, as he idly observed a silver wand-like object. “What are G-Force up to at the moment?”“They are investigating an item of interest that had been tucked away in Coalition files for years. Hardly a world-dominating matter, just a loose end I decided to look into.” Galen pulled the helmet over his head. “I will tell them to put that mission on hold while we enact our restoration of the Coalition. We will need every available resource in these early days.”“This morning I sent Apparition to investigate the Coalition’s existing hideouts,” said Mr. Mystery. “He will be reporting back to let me know which ones have been compromised.”“If the current members have any sense, they’ll have converged at the secure ones,” said Galen. His voice was distorted slightly through the mouthpiece of the helmet. “We can contact them there and give instructions.”“What about the ones who aren’t at any of the bases?”“I’ll leave that matter up to you. You’re the one who has been working with the Coalition these past few months; think about which members deserve to be sought out and which ones don’t deserve a second thought.”Mr. Mystery nodded. “Right. I can already think of a few weak links that could be cut.”“Good. Now, there is a phone in the hall - don’t worry, my lines are secure - call Apparition and see if he has learned the fate of our hideouts yet. I need a minute alone to change…”

IC:"You guys have never been to a bar? I'd say you're either missing out or very dedicated," Fade muttered, then glanced out the window. "Um... hey, there's a guy standing out on the lawn. Someone wanna go make sure he's not come to kill us... or worse, come to sell something?"---"Oh, yes, of course," Mystic said with a nod.She focused her attention towards Freebird outside, sending him a psychic message. Could you see to it our subject gets a meal?"Now... you said they were... grey? Do you mean... they wore grey or... or... their skin was grey? Can you remember anything else about them?"OOC: Probably would be good to wrap up this Ori/Mystic conversation in a few posts, so we can move them up to the timeskip.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Congrats to Transairion for an awesome plot; as much grumbling as we did, we all definitely enjoyed it. The story of it was realistic, epic, and overall awesome. Also, congrats to all who made it through the invasion, and a hearty welcome to everyone who waited until the end of the invasion to join our great RPG.And now, without further ado, some modern-day posts!IC: (Loadstone)A silver figure atop a metallic surfboard flew low over a series of houses, counting off side streets and house numbers as he passed. Loadstone recognized his destination long before he reached it, however. The house was three stories tall, painted a brilliant golden color with red trim. Jutting from the sloping roof was a dome-shaped room, windows lining its curved walls. A tall wooden fence enclosed the yard, lined with lush green hedges around the inside. Flowering bushes flanked the front steps, sporting dozens of brilliant white flowers. It was a bit ostentatious, but Doctor Om had always had a flair for the dramatic.Seconds before the magnaboard touched the ground, the front door opened and Doctor Om stepped out, arms wide and face beaming. “Michael! Right on schedule,” he said, clapping Loadstone on the back."I'm liking your new look," Loadstone said, tilting his sunglasses down as he looked Doctor Om up and down. Instead of his usual silver and gold suit with a black cape, the clairvoyant was wearing an extravagent royal purple suit with golden cape, vest, and gloves trimmed with silver. His polished black boots were lined with silver as well, and there were several odd devices hanging from a new utility belt."Courtesy of the Tailor," Doctor Om replied, glancing down at himself. "I decided that my change of occupation deserved a change in appearance, as well. Please, please, come in!"“I see you’ve managed to find better accommodations than last time,” Loadstone said with a grin as he stepped into the front room. The wooden floors gleamed from a recent waxing, and the walls were painted a subtle shade of green. It had an elegant, yet cozy feel about it.“Yes, well, I had some help financing this place,” Om admitted, ushering Loadstone through the house. Every inch of it was as grandiose as the exterior. “That Pelham fellow is worth every cent. He found me a low-interest loan and a real estate agent desperate to get some destroyed properties off her hands. And I managed to get a few League members to come out and help with the construction efforts.”“Yeah, I heard you were an official member of the League now,” Loadstone said. “It’ll be awesome to have someone with your abilities on our side.”“That’s almost exactly what the League told me – overall I believe they are very impressed with my powers. In fact, I was told that so long as it doesn’t interfere with their general operations, I’m more than welcome to…maneuver the League however I foresee it. I’ve never had the amount of resources I have now. Ah, here are the others.”Sitting around a marble-top table, chatting casually and enjoying a pitcher of iced tea, were Mechanic, Spectral, and a woman Loadstone was fairly certain he’d seen around the city at some point. She wore yellow spandex, heavily padded – most likely to compensate for the fact that it was skintight and rather attractive. Her face was obscured by a yellow mask, shaped like two interlocking diamonds, one over each eye. Her blond hair was tied back into a braid, so long that it almost reached the small of her back. Together, the three Heroes seemed out of place, dressed in full costume as they were.Loadstone took the woman’s hand, bent down and kissed it. “I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure of making your acquaintance,” he said in his smoothest voice. Much to his chagrin, she rolled her eyes and pulled her hand away.“The name’s Sugar Rush,” she said, looking Loadstone up and down. “And don’t try any more of that Casanova cr**; I hate men like that.”Loadstone quickly transformed his annoyed expression into a smile. “Whatever you say, Sugar.”Sugar Rush flushed red and was about to make another comment when Spectral spoke up. “Wait a minute, I thought you guys knew each other?” he said, looking from Loadstone to Sugar Rush.“I might have seen him someplace before,” Sugar Rush said. “But with as many Heroes as I see on a daily basis, faces do start to blur together…”“Nah, we haven’t met,” Loadstone added. “I’d remember someone with an attitude like that.” He hid his smile as Sugar Rush glowered at him.“I, too, was under the impression that you two were acquainted,” Doctor Om said, frowning. “That’s part of the reason I summoned Sugar Rush as well.”“You must be thinking of Phlat,” Sugar Rush said. “I’ve worked with him on occasion, and I hear you hired him out a while back.”“Yes, that must be it,” Doctor Om nodded, his face brightening. “My apologies. Anyway, now that introductions are done and over with, I see no reason to delay further.” He spun on his heel, sweeping his cape dramatically as he exited the room. “Time stops for no Hero, after all.”“Well, not for most of them, anyways,” Loadstone joked, eliciting a chuckle from Mechanic. The group of Heroes followed the doctor across the hallway into his library. While the room itself was small, the bookshelves were built into the walls themselves, stretching up into the next floor. A tall rolling ladder was propped against the far wall, and Doctor Om climbed it swiftly. He counted out a certain number of books, then pulled one out and reached into the space it had occupied. There was a groaning sound, and one of the bookshelves on the adjacent wall swung open on oiled hinges.He waved the leather-bound book at the group below before replacing it in the shelf. “A History of SuperHumans,” he explained, “by Benjamin T. Jackson. A fitting title, I believe.”“Hey, that’s…” Loadstone began, but Doctor Om interrupted.“Your uncle,” he finished as he climbed back down the ladder. “His collection is invaluable to someone who understands SuperHumans and the influence that they have on the timeline. Right this way.”“Most people don’t view Historian as being too reliable,” Mechanic pointed out. “I always found him to be a crackpot. An interesting crackpot, to be sure, but a crackpot nonetheless.”“Very few geniuses are recognized for what they are,” Doctor Om explained as he climbed a set of stairs that had been hidden behind the bookcase. “But for those of us who understand, their words hold infinite wisdom.”He stopped on a landing at the top of the stairs, where there was a single door. He pulled a key from his pocket and fitted it into the keyhole. “I think it best if the general populace is unaware of what lays inside this room,” he cautioned the others as he pocketed the key. “Time is not a force for the untrained to be meddling with.”He opened the door and stood to the side, allowing the others to enter. The room beyond was circular, with a row of small windows up near the domed ceiling. A large semicircular desk was lined up against the far wall and sported a drawing board and lamp, a small personal computer, several folders, and a bonsai tree. But what really dominated the room were the drawings.A massive series of corkboards lined the circumference of the room, and pinned to it with paper clips, push pins, and pieces of tape were hundreds of drawings. The sheer scale of it was incredible, as was the detail – each drawing was so intricate, it was almost like a photograph. Several real photographs were also pinned with the drawings – for reference, most likely. Some of the drawings were clustered together, others strung out in a series.“Gentlemen, and lady,” Doctor Om said, sweeping his arm around the room, “allow me to show you a glimpse into the future.”~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC: At the comment Fade made about the bar, Plasmafire and Magneta both began to laugh. "Yeah, as if we could drink anyway!" "Fade, we're both underage! We just look older." Magneta glanced out the window and nodded. "I'll see what he wants." She walked over to a wall and looked at it. Being quite a futuristic building she suspected... Yep, metal all the way through. She stepped foward against the wall and concentrated, bending the metal around herself and stepping through it. She appeared on the other side a moment later and made a beeline towards the newcomer. "Hello there! Can I help you with something?"

IC:Mytic kept her expression impassive, but deep down she was worried. Whoever these people were - if "people" was even the right word - they probably were bad news. If there were more of them out there, the League needed to know as much as possible. Unfortunately, it didn't look like this kid could come up with much more at the moment.Behind her, the door swung open again as Freebird unlocked it. Another hero entered, carrying a tray of food. Mystic was hopeful; perhaps his memory would improve on a full stomach."So... Do you have a name?" Mystic asked, hoping a little casual conversation might loosen the subject up. "I don't think you ever mentioned it..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "You'd think this would be the hard part of my day."Stormlord, a meteokinetic from Florida vacationing in New York (as backwards as that might sound), glanced up at Omega curiously. "What d'you mean?" The fight they had just got out of hadn't been easy by anyone's measure - a team-up between Fury and the Beastman was as unlikely as it was dangerous, and they'd just spent an hour and a half alternately chasing and fighting each other across the shattered remains of Harlem, which had yet to be repaired since the invasion months ago. They were only now ensuring transport for the two back to the Penitentiary. Omega wiped his brow. "This. Superheroing. Beating down thugs like these two. You'd think that's the hardest thing I do, right? But I got a twelve-page paper to hand in about advanced electrical engineering, with at least six cited references, complete with bibliography and footnotes. Due Monday. I'd do this fight three more times easy if it'd get me out of that." Stormlord, a blue-skinned, white-haired man in a loose-fitting but stylish outfit of mostly blues, whites and occasional silver, stared at him. "How much do you have finished?"Omega groaned. "Two pages. One's the cover.""It's Saturday.""Who needs sleep?"Stormlord facepalmed. "Just- Just go already, would ya? Man, I've never even been to college and even I know you've gotta be crazy leaving it that long."Omega rolled his eyes, not that you could tell considering they were pure-white, glowing orbs at the moment. "Sim, mãe. Want me to clean my room while I'm at it?" "Fine, fine don't go. Fail the class, see if I care. But if you're not going, help me haul the Muttman here. Must weigh a friggin' ton..."It's strange, Omega thought, how quickly we dropped back into the usual routine after the invasion. Sure, a lot of supers helped with the reconstruction and pulled a few extra hours, but we end up doing the same things. Wake up, school, work, hero stuff, hour or so of free time, bed. Only thing that's really changed is my lab teacher got vaporized, so we're waiting on a replacement. Poor guy. I hope his family's alright. Still, at the end of the day, life goes on (for the rest of us, at least). Makes me wonder if we're fighting to make life better or just keep it from getting worse.Still, all the philosophy aside, he had to admit as he tossed the overgrown, hairy and worst of all flea-ridden Beastman into his containment cell, going back to normal wasn't so bad. Unless you count the school papers...|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: While I'm waiting to decide what to do with the two standard characters I have, I figured I may as well post the profile for my bonus holdover from the old forum (back when I was the Rover, or, at the very end, the Peacemaker), who just so happened to get precious little use then.Real Name: George Bertrand GraafAlias (Code-name, in his case): Mr. No-OneAppearance: Mr. No-One is 6'1", with a trim, muscular build. He has bright green eyes, a prominent brow, and a triangular face with a square chin. His nose is straight and narrow, and he has a thin mouth that seems stuck in a slight frown. He keeps his short black hair slicked back, and usually wears a pair of black sunglasses over his round frameless glasses. As should be expected from a spy, his clothing changes often, never adhering to a specific pattern.Power: Absolutely nothing. Except for his job and training, he is a thoroughly normal person.Allegiance: Solo Hero, CIA, under the (fictional) front organization called the Atlantic CorporationArea: Home in United States (Albuquerque, New Mexico), active in Northern Africa prior to capture, New York City post-InvasionBio: Mr. No-One worked with the CIA for twenty-three years as an active agent, with dozens of successful missions under his belt, including covert operations in Moscow near the end of the Cold War. Three years ago, he was on assignment to break up a gun-smuggling ring that was harming US interests in northern Africa when an ambush on a convoy belonging to the smugglers revealed CoC involvement, and, in fact, full CoC control of the smuggling ring. The ambush turned into a rout, with Coalition members launching a full counter-assault against the CIA agents. While some of the other agents involved in the incident managed to escape, Mr. No-One was captured, and three others were killed. All four lost agents were written off as dead by the CIA, and Mr. No-One was taken into CoC custody, where he remained for a year and a half. When the invasion came, the compound was targeted by Technax's forces, and, in the ensuing chaos and destruction, many of the prisoners were able to escape with the help of the League Armour Corps and several jets. The jets flew from the CoC compound to North America, where No-One was able to re-establish contact with the CIA, who advised him to stick close to the League, largely for the purpose of observation.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:That probably didn't bode well for getting info out of him. If he couldn't even remember his name, there wasn't much hope for detailed descriptions."Well... most of us around here don't use our real names anyway, so don't worry about it," she said ,trying perhaps a little too hard to sound encouraging. "Maybe you'd like to take a break? I imagine you've been through a lot; perhaps you'll remember more after you've rested. In the meantime, I'll see what I can do about having you moved to better quarters."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: After rounding up the robbers and handing them to the local police, Surge just had to wonder if it was worth it, full time heroing. He didn't use an alter ego or anything. Just Surge. All day, every day. Hanging out at his pad in Nevada or draining energy from guns at a bank as they fired, he was always Surge. Never did anything else. Not to mention he was alone. No sidekick, no squad of Avengers, just Surge. He was beginning to remind himself of someone he met in a blue police box in Britain one day...He was tired of being alone."Well, that's that. Time to meet the League."OOC: Well, my subconscious and the character kinda took over. Originally, Surge was going to be kinda moody.Then I started watching Doctor Who, and his personality began to change. Yeah, blatant reference to him in this post. Live with it. Surge met the Doctor.

Edited by King Joe

IC: Cause of where he was facing, Kaname's silver hair covered the side of his face, making it hard for some people to see. Thats what the case would be for the person who finally came out and greeted him.he turned to face her, somehow his appearance would gave off the whole -Evil- look but he didnt seem interested in fighting, "I'm looking for a hero named Fade, he has possible information i need to locate a friend of mine that he would have encountered a while back, I was hoping that you could help me out Ne?"he held out his hand, and introduced himself. "I'm Kaname, Solo Hero." unintentionally, a small flicker of Black Lightning surged on his hand, he moved his hand and it stopped, "Sorry, been doing nothing but fighting and searching. Body still has some Jitters." he said smiling, this smile was as untrustworthy as a Villain's smile.

odstreflect.png

IC:Mystic found herself suddenly struggling in darkness as the subject collapsed, losing her only pair of eyes in the room. She stumbled, tripped, and fell, finally managing to grab hold of his arm to get a grasp on her surroundings again. Mystic tried to reach out into his mind to see if she could stablize him, but she still wasn't sure she could even find his mind."Freebird! Get a medic in here, stat!" she shouted. "Hey, kid? Can you hear me? Wake up!"[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(NPC):

The Alps4 days after the invasion

Steadily, the silvery scraps of snow that dotted the peaks of the Alps began to glow white. From beyond the jagged horizon rose the sun. The lowest layers of cloud glittered in its presence and the sky assumed a calming shade of blue. The hazardous cliffsides, however, remained unchanged.In the midst of the grey rock sea was a black stain, a spider of metalwork that clung defiantly to the tip of one of the smaller mountains. It was like several shapes mashed together; a cube, a dome, a tunnel; surrounded by dozens of spindly catwalks and gangways. Some distance below it was an artificially flat area of rock, painted with the markings of a helipad. Part of it had succumbed to natural wear and crumbled away; the rest was patterned with patchy frost.A bitter wind weaved its way through the valleys, rattling the windows of the black construct defiantly. Behind one of them, a pale-skinned woman shivered. She couldn’t actually feel the cold; the facility was far too well insulated for that, but the muffled sound made her feel draughty all the same.The woman unfocused her gaze and examined her reflection in the glass, adjusting strands of her blonde hair, pawing at her gold lipstick. Good enough, she decided, and turned away. Her footsteps barely made a sound against the unpolished metal floor. Porous padding clung to her form, dyed a deep shade of violet - she knew it complimented her colours well.A door of bronze confronted her. She yanked it aside, wincing as its rusty groan cut right through her. She hated this place, but living here was currently a necessity. Beyond lay a large square room. Another window had spread itself across the far wall; the other three sported steel coverings held together with chunky rivets. A bare lightbulb hung from the ceiling, flickering but unnecessary now that the sun was rising. Inhabiting the centre of the room was a table, and around it five matching chairs. Three of them were occupied by breakfasting figures; the waft of warm air that hit Gel contained the whiff of burnt toast and stale coffee.“Good mornin’ sweetcheeks,” leered a lanky, goateed male. His hair was a paler blonde than hers; short and spiky. A trenchcoat clung to his shoulders, casting shadows over his bare chest. He was hunched over a crystalline glass, half-filled with a caramel-coloured liquid. Gel paid him no attention as she entered the room, claiming an empty chair and falling into it. She studied the array of food that was clustered in the middle of the table and stole a slice of toast.“Whassa matter? No mornin’ greetin’s for yer favourite teammate?” The spiky-haired man continued.“Gunbarrel, it is too early in the morning for your bull,” hissed Gel. She took an angry bite out of her toast. The man called Gunbarrel smirked, then gripped the glass in front of him with a mechanical palm and downed its contents in one.“I see our leader is not here,” Gel continued. “Typical. She tells us that we must be up early because it is crucial to the plan and then she has a nice lie in. Tch.”“She’s talking with the boss I think,” muttered a blue-eyed, wiry-haired black man in rumbling tones.Gel took another angry bite. “Then why couldn’t we have woken after she has finished her little conversation?”The wiry-haired black man just shrugged and resumed focus on his cereal. He rose a spoonful to his mouth and then paused, glaring at the man sitting next to him.“Could you stop that?”The other man, a bald, heavily-muscled individual with numerous thin scars across his face, was drumming his fingers repeatedly upon the table. “Stop what?” He asked in a rasping voice.“That.”“Why?”“I don’t want to hear it.”“Does it bother you Giant?”“Yes it freaking bothers me!” The black man, Giant, slammed his fist onto the table. Everyone’s breakfasts hopped an inch into the air. The scarred man didn’t flinch.“Must we do this?” Sighed Gel through a mouthful of food.“I just want to eat my breakfast in peace, is all,” Giant growled.“So do I,” said Gel.“I’ll drum my fingers as much as I want,” declared the scarred man.“Do it again and I’ll snap them clean off,” Giant threatened.“I did that to someone once,” the scarred man said casually. “Years ago, before I became a SuperVillain proper. It was a woman. We had a nice night out, I took her back to my place, we had drinks. I drugged hers. She woke up in my basement with her hand in a vice. I took a hacksaw and-”“I’m eating sausages, here,” said Gel irritably.“I’m outta here,” grumbled the black man, lifting his cereal bowl and standing up. “Just ten quiet freaking minutes in the morning, that’s all I ask.”Gunbarrel, who had just poured himself another glass of whisky, broke into applause. With two mechanical hands the sound was less that of clapping, and more that of two tin cans being slammed together. “An’ the award fer pissiest morning person goes to… Giant!”Giant flipped Gunbarrel the bird as he marched away. As he reached for the door handle it swung open however, revealing another woman.“Where are you going, Giant?” She murmured, looking up at him. She wasn’t a large woman , but what there was of her was fine-tuned muscle, accentuated by the armour and padding of her supersuit. Her skin was a light olive colour; her cheekbones, prominent, her black hair, shoulder-length. Her supersuit was a simple navy-blue design - save for a grid-shaped facemask it sported no intricate details.“I can’t stand breakfast with these weirdos,” Giant told her. “I’m off.”“No, you’re staying here,” the woman corrected him, in a faintly European-accented voice, as she strode into the room. The eyes of the others fell upon her expectantly. She moved over to the central table and stood before it, arms crossed - only when Giant had slunk back to his seat did she begin speaking. “First of all, Gunbarrel; how are the prisoners?”Gunbarrel shrugged. The woman’s eyes narrowed at him. “Whatever, yeah. They’re prob’ly fine.”“You did remember to check on them before breakfast, didn’t you.”“Ah stopped by, yeah.”“And..?”“Jeez, Gap, they’re alive, what more d’ya wanna know? ‘sides, I thought it was the Lupine‘s job ter guard ‘em.”Gap fixed Gunbarrel with a sceptical expression for a few moments before continuing to address the group as a whole. “Now, we‘ve important things to do today.”“Yes, we know,” muttered Gel in a bored voice. “You told us this last night. That is why we have risen so early.”“No, not that. There’s been a bit of a change. Apparently our boss received a visit from Mr. Mystery last night.”The four listeners sat up straighter and pulled their chairs closer almost in unison.“Did they fight?” Guillotine rasped eagerly.“Cain’ta done. Mystery’d slaughter him, and we‘d be outta a boss,” Gunbarrel reasoned.“Nah,” Giant shook his head. “Mystery’s too much of a showoff… he’d be there creating firestorms and ice spears and whatever and the boss’d just bring the roof down on him.”“Yeah but what if-”“They did not fight,” Gap interrupted sternly, sensing she was losing the group’s attention. “They came to an agreement.”“What kind?” Demanded Gel.“Well, my fellow members of G-Force,“ Gap smiled, “consider yourselves part of the Coalition of Corruption once more.”The group did not react as interestedly to the news as Gap had hoped. She stood before them expectantly.“So, great, we’re back to where we was three months ‘go,” said Gunbarrel, breaking the silence.“Does this mean that we can stop living in this freezing place?” Asked Gel.“No, the plan’s still - we‘re not - just listen,” said Gap, fighting back frustration. “The boss and Mr. Mystery are leading the Coalition now. They’re in charge. Our mission is on hold. Important changes are being made, and as Grand Cross’ personal minions we’re to help see them through…”OOC: I drew G-Force during the downtime. Here’s Gap, Gel, Guillotine, Gunbarrel and Giant!

IC:Mystic recoiled at the overpowering stench filling the room. Almost thankfully, new pairs of eyes burst into the room to give her sight: Freebird, followed by a team of doctors and medics. The medical team rushed in to treat the subject while Freebird stared down at him, looking sympathetic but suspicious. He obviously felt bad for the kid, but had seen enough prisoners faking illnesses in his time to risk letting his guard down. Mystic frantically attempted to force her way through the void she encountered when she tried to access his mind. His brain would be responding to a biological crisis, and with that information Mystic could diagnose his problems far faster than the doctors could. If only she could reach it, that was."Hey, come on, kiddo. You just ate something that didn't agree with you," she said, trying desperately to sound comforting. "It's nothing, you can pull through this. Just hang on, okay, these people are here to help you..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(NPC):

Western America6 days after the invasion

Mercifully for some, the Sinful Saloon had been spared destruction during the recent alien attacks. And now, after the Coalition had worked so hard to fight off the invaders that threatened their planet, it was busier than ever. The rumblings of conversation merged with the blare of heavy metal music, drowning out a wall-mounted television as it displayed various news reports. Every now and then there was a muffled thunk as a dart buried itself in the bristle of a board. The wooden seats and tables that peppered the room were full to bursting point with patrons and pint glasses. A small crowd surrounded a snooker table as Eye-Man and Toxic faced off with cues in hand. Behind the bar Stareo and Illusioness had taken it upon themselves to serve drinks, whilst Thompson gurgled beneath an open tap.Catastrophe, a villain in a crimson supersuit, dropped into an empty seat at the end of a table with a handful of drinks. He pulled up the orange visor of his helmet as Dirge, Primevil and Invis-O each took their glasses from him. The handle of each glass promptly snapped off, spilling the drinks all over the group to a chorus of angry cries.“Aw, jesus, Catastrophe, you and your friggin’ bad luck powers!” Primevil exclaimed. “Go get us another round, and stand back when we take ‘em!”Catastrophe gave a dejected sigh as he got to his feet. The others began wiping themselves down. Dirge aimed a palm at the stains in his aquamarine supersuit and started to emit air from it like a hairdryer. His legs were in plaster casts and a pair of crutches rested against his seat.“It’ll be a while before he gets back. The queue for the bar’s bigger than ever,” muttered Primevil as he looked at over to the ‘queue’ consisting of a throng of villains all arguing over who had gotten there first.“Why’s it so busy in here anyway?” Wondered Invis-O, a tall man in a grey-and-silver supersuit.“There’s nowhere else to go, man,” said Dirge. “Our Siberian HQ got destroyed, remember?”“Of course, Invis-O wouldn’t know that, having fled at the first chance,” Primevil frowned.“Hey, screw you, I went to uh, get backup!” Invis-O retorted. “But what does this mean for the Coalition of Corruption now? We’ve no leader, no base…”“Yeah, what was up with Midnight going crazy anyhow?” Said Dirge. “He didn’t seem the type to crack under pressure.”“Who knows,” shrugged Primevil. “He’s a psychic. They always have issues.”“But how are we going to recover from this?” Invis-O continued. “The organisation’s a shambles. Maybe - maybe this is it. The end of the Coalition.”“Maybe you’re worrying too much.”“But Doctor Danger - the man who led us for forty years - is dead! I think that ever since he died things haven’t been the same. A-and now we don’t have a base! The League is free to hunt us down now. We’ve nowhere safe to go.”“I see. You’re sacred because you’ve nowhere to hide.”“That’s not it!”“Invis-O,” Primevil sighed, “you truly have no sense of the scale of the Coalition. Just because our HQ was destroyed doesn’t mean we’re on the brink of collapse. We’ll build a new one.”“And our leader’s gone too!”“We’ll get a new one.”“How?”Primevil paused. “We just… will. Someone will step up.”“Yeah, how did Midnight get to be leader? I don’t remember there being a vote or anything,” said Dirge.“He just took charge,” said Invis-O. “Hm, maybe the strongest members of the Coalition will fight for the position! Maybe that’s how Midnight got the job last time. I wouldn’t mind seeing Professor Pyro face off against-”“While the Coalition does employ dimwits and cowards such as yourself, as a whole we aren’t completely braindead,” Primevil cut in. “The leader can’t just be the strongest member. They have to be intelligent. Cunning. Skilful. Experienced. Brave-”“Wow, Invis-O, you don’t fit into a single one of those categories,” chuckled Dirge.“Shut up!” Invis-O snapped. “You‘re just - you‘re just jealous because you‘re crippled and I‘m not! You call me a coward for running away but at least I didn’t get my legs broken!”“Aquarius said he was working on a formula to regrow bones,” Dirge muttered sourly.Invis-O opened his mouth to reply, but suddenly clutched his head in agony as a shrill, high-pitched noise tore through it. Everybody in the Sinful Saloon did, until Jetscream, who was standing underneath the wall-mounted television with a hand outstretched, cancelled the sonic attack.“If you lot had been listening,” he announced above a collection of groans, “you’d see that someone wants to speak with us.” He pointed up at the television. The screen was no longer displaying news reports, but the faces of two costumed men - one wrapped in a hood and hidden in shadows, the other concealed by a large white cross-shaped mask.“Thank-you, Jetscream,” muttered the hooded one, in a voice distorted by static. “Someone switch that music off, and listen up! It’s Mr. Mystery and Grand Cross here with an important announcement. Henceforth, we will be assuming command of the Coalition of Corruption, in a new position of dual leadership.”With the music stopped there came curious and apprehensive murmurs from the gathered villains.“Grand Cross? Who the heck is that?” Hissed Invis-O.“One of the founders, I think. Controls gravity,” Primevil murmured back. “I didn’t know he was still with us though.”“I would assume that your being here means you are all still loyal to our great organisation,” Grand Cross was saying from the screen. “It is true that the Coalition has suffered setbacks, but so has the rest of humanity. The authorities, the League of Salvation, in the coming weeks they will be far too busy helping to rebuild the world than to focus all their attention on us. This is perfect. We will let them think we are broken, beaten. We will stick to the shadows as we recuperate, rebuild, and then we will strike back stronger than ever!”In response to this there were a number of supportive cheers.“Long live the Coalition! The powered will rise and the weak will fall!”Several villains leapt to their feet, and the cheers grew in volume.“There is no time to waste! The restoration of the Coalition must begin at once. If you would all step through the wormhole…”Just as several villains were about to cry out ‘what wormhole’ the doors to the Sinful Saloon burst open. In strode a costumed figures - a dark-haired girl with olive skin and a navy blue supersuit. She made a gesture as she scrunched her face up in concentration. A great rent tore itself through the air in the middle of the room, widening and forming what appeared to be a miniature black hole. The gathered villains stared apprehensively.“This isn’t a trap, it’s just an effective means of transport,” Mr. Mystery said from the screen reassuringly. “We were hardly going to send a taxi for you, were we?”The villains exchanged wary glances. Then one of them ran forwards and hopped into the wormhole. Then came another. Then another. Then the entirety of the Sinful Saloon’s occupants were surging forwards, vanishing into the wormhole as the dark-haired girl stood concentrating in one corner. Someone grabbed Thompson from under the bar and flung him in, too. After several minutes the building was emptied, and with a relieved gasp the girl leapt into the portal herself. It snapped shut behind her.“Good,” muttered the visage of Mr. Mystery. “That’s step one...”

OOC: I need to find somebody...IC: Surge was in the League's base. As a slight power surge in their electrical system. Occasionally, he would pop up in a room trying to find someplace that looked like a lounge. He almost bumped into some people in a lab or something, but stopped himself in time. "Here we are! A lounge." Surge made himself comfortable on the sofa. He would have raided the refridgerator it he needed to eat, but right now, the electricity that he pulled from the electrical system was good enough. "I wonder what's on TV.." he said as he flipped on the giant Plasma screen over on one wall.OOC: I hope this is okay, putting this room in the League HQ.