To Save The World!

IC - Sluice @ Superbeing Smackdown!"Morning Fellwyd. Manage to sleep?" Sluice was still in that post-sleep state of drowsiness that made speech an effort, and so she briefly forgot to enunciate as clearly as she usually tried to around the alien. She sat up, fingers clawing the long black hair out of her face...

IC(Fellwyd): It took the alien several minutes to parse the ambiguous phrasing and to finally, with some difficulty, patch in the missing words."I did not spend quite as much time asleep as you did, but yes, I did sleep. In future, I would request that you be careful with phrasing. The language you use is difficult enough when spoken properly."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC - Sluice @ Superbeing Smackdown!"Oh. Um, ah, sorry," blushed Sluice. Standing up, she drew together a small amount of water vapour and splashed her face with it, shocking herself into wakefulness. She strode over to the door and opened it, peering down the corridor. The door at the end labelled 'canteen' was unlocked."It seems as if the canteen is open. We should get some food," she suggested to Fellwyd, jerking her thumb towards the exit. With no timekeeping equipment Sluice wasn't sure how long they'd been here - it could be morning, or it could still be night. But either way they would need their strength in case they were due for another fight today...

IC: Dreamcatcher - Hanna's Dream -Crystal found herself in a dream about NYC itself. The moment she entered Hanna's dream her powers began to affect it. It became more realistic than what most people could make their dreams, to the point where it would seem like it wasn't a dream. Crystal, out of her own curiosity, decided to suddenly appear, sitting right next to Hanna on the bench.

Edited by King Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Oh, sorry.IC: Madness panicked and pushed at the intangible being with his mind and all his strength. Jocasta, however, held out her hand and out dropped some 9mm bullets. OOC: I'll just call those bullets 9mm if it is okay.IC: "I used to be in the army, young man." muttered Jocasta.

Edited by Trad of Law and Order

"Wer Traumt?"

OOC: Wait, Ivan considers violation of the mind one of the worst crimes imaginable, but he's perfectly willing to fundamentally alter a person's DNA permanently? Why's body violation so much less evil?

:kaukau: OOC: While that's a perfectly legitimate ethical question, I'm above having to answer that on behalf of my character. When his views are expanded on, it will be in-character, and not in response to an OOC comment. I have thought through Ivan's morals extensively and where they all lead, so his legitimacy as a character will remain well grounded. Meanwhile, I don't like how that was phrased as a rhetorical question, because the answer isn't as clear as you make it sound.

OOC: I thought Kraagh said the killsat had exploded after being hit by a deus ex machina spaceship from that teleportation

Oi, it was a good deus ex machina in that it wasn't actually random. It's possible to have good deus ex machinas :P.IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)"Alright, I've neutralized his powers," said Ivan."You mean you altered his DNA?" noted Tillian, glancing over briefly from his discussion with the cyborg."Don't be an ignoramus," said Ivan. "That would only give him cancer. Besides, that's unethical. I used to create entire species from scratch, but I got sick of playing God with DNA. No, I merely found a nullifier to the omega radiation that will cause it to disappear."Now, to my understanding, Hoody might be around for a while, so we might as well keep our guard going strong. But regardless of what he plans on doing, why are we standing around and waiting for a bomb to go off? I thought that was our number one priority. I gave up an important mission for this. And Gadgeteer! Are you quite done with your welding back there?"Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

IC:(Lone)now that Lone had the codes, he found the league comm channel and got on. "it's ready to go. just talk into the earpiece." Lone then gave it to Tilian.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: It was the way Ivan phrased it. "Take away" implies that something in the victim's body is being removed, or altered. I don't have a problem with Ivan choosing to do that - nor do I have a problem with him simply being a hypocrite, if you'd have chosen to portray it that way - I was just making sure you were aware of such an (apparent) contradiction in his morals.On a vaguely similar subject I hope no-one's taking Viktor abrasive attitude the wrong way. His opinions are not my own! It's just fun to IC a guy who doesn't like his teammates. :biggrin:IC - Viktor Borislav @ Manchester AirportViktor sighed, midway through cranking a bolt with his wrench. He could have yelled back that he'd only been at work for twenty minutes tops whilst Lone connected to the League's comm channel. He could have yelled back that there was no bomb, that Lady Hexas' threat came from the satellite which Ivan himself had just destroyed. But Viktor resisted the urge. He had decided that putting up with Ivan's personality was the price to pay for having his tech skills on their side. Speaking of which..."My work will be completed faster if you were to aid me." His voice buzzed robotically; he was still wearing the Hannibal Lecter-like helmet, awaiting a response from Carapace...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: I think that reasonable not-being-shot skills you could expect Jocasta to have from being in the army are: disabling a weapon (she'd have to get her hands on said weapon), evading fire (as soon as Grau points a gun at her she could dive out of the way/behind cover) and disarming an opponent. Or she could be wearing kevlar under her clothes.

OOC: But she was holding on to Grau's arm and therefore, distract him from what she was doing.But to stop this from being a full blown debate, I concede that I have erred.

Edited by Trad of Law and Order

"Wer Traumt?"

OOC: It'd still be far more likely that she'd remove the whole clip, rather than the individual bullets. SchmeaaIC (Cyrus Lewis - NYC):Cyrus gestured to the taxi driver after they had gone down the potential detour for about half an hour. "Another right at this intersection, please." Hanna was safely asleep. Clearly, the poor girl was exhausted. He shook his head slightly, eyes betraying the barest hint of mechanical confusion. "I don't understand. Why go to such a metropolis? Why place oneself in such a pool teeming with emotions? Despair, hope, desperation, anger, anguish and ecstasy mingle here like chopped nuts in a bag of trail mix."The driver swung the car in a reasonably tight curve. Cyrus couldn't help but nod, impressed at the disreputable-looking driver's skill at weaving through the traffic. "He's as deft as a basket-weaver. I'll have to make a note of his name and registration number." The scientist wrinkled his nose at the pungent aroma of the scented dangly rearview mirror ornament. Unfortunately, it still failed to cover the other residual odours in the cab.His fingers accidentally brushed the seat cover, a flood of horror whelming up into his mind. Throughout the mixed images of swirling darkness, a sweaty man with a gross moustache, and other unspeakable things, came a terrible mantra. "Bueno, bueno excelente." Cyrus felt a rare sensation, the tiniest twitch of cold up his spine. Well... it would have been a horror to an average human. "Thank God, I'm not average. And that Hanna dear doesn't have my gift." His hand withdrew semi-instinctively from the seat. It was incredible what a taxi seat could experience over such a (relatively) short period of time.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"Alright, thanks," said Tilian, taking the earpiece and inserting it as he walked towards the Jet. Leaning against the hole in the wall, he began to converse with the League agent on the other end.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

:kaukau: IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)"Dangit, Gadgeteer. I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!" said Ivan. He didn't say that he could actually think of a few new improvements. For example, just glancing at the helmet that the rogue superhero was making he saw definite signs of using neural links. Thinking back on what he saw before, he caught a glimpse of the old suit earlier, with signs that the helmet had needed prying off.This was actually why the technopath had interested him, since he had spent plenty of time in worlds where it was everyday experience to connect technology to the brain. His first thought at the signs of a technopath was of the safety of the people of Regilir, who lived their entire lives as cyborgs with digitally enhanced technology, trading brains for computers to enhance their reality. He thought of the Cubarox Symporium, where millions of individuals were hooked up to virtual reality simulators that had an undue potential to alter their identities. He hated that these technologies had every been embraced by any society, though he stepped aside since these were self-imposed altercations and he was forced to respect their cultures. Yet he always feared the potential to hack into minds, which a true technopath could easily do. He wondered if Gadgeteer had confronted that problem first-hand.In any case, if he supposed that he could help the engineer upgrade his neural link in such a way as to insure it could only ever work one way, or at the very most feed input into only certain parts of the brain, such as the language center for communications instead the the logic and reasoning areas.Police began to arrive and surround the area. Way to go, law enforcement. Ivan stretched his legs and looked around to take in the situation as well as he could."Hmm," observed Ivan.He grabbed Blackout by the collar and began to drag him across the field over to the nearest police car."Halt, put your weapon down," said the chief officer."I'm afraid I can't," said Ivan. "You're going to have to remain at high alert. There's a member of the Coalition of Corruption on the loose with invisibility powers and teleportation, among a few others. He's the principle reason we're in a bit of a dilemma right now, so what do you say about getting a bit more defensive and gauging the danger level around here?"He picked up Blackout and tossed him onto the hood of the car."As for this one, he's been depowered. Permanently. Thank you very much," said Ivan, before getting back on track. "There's a technopath back in the plane, and I will disable his powers shortly. As for the invisible teleporter, be weary. I've dealt with someone with those powers before, and it's a nasty fight where a lot of people die, including hefty officials such as yourself. I have faith in your training, but you're going to have to be conservative and organized in your retreat, if necessary. Until I'm sure that the last guy is either gone or dead, follow my lead. If not me, the man building the robot suit over there is your next best option. If you still don't feel like following anyone else's lead, fine, since I'm assuming that you didn't attend the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy and that Chief here is closer to John McClain than a backwards neighborhood sheriff in television shows.""Why should I trust you with authority?" asked the chief officer.Ivan looked around him. For the life of him, it would have been useful to have an alien invasion so he could kick butt and prove his point, but alas, that only happened in moronic action films that he only half liked. "You're absolutely right. Do whatever you want. Just keep in mind that we're doing our thing as well and it would be wise for our two parties to have some cooperation. In case something bad comes up, it would be nice to have actual numbers to organize. Just a minute, I'll be handing the other villain over to you shortly."He turned around and ran across the airfield again, keeping his gun held attentively in front of him with both hands just in case.OOC: BOOM! I totally have been wanting to use that line at the beginning.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh Edited by Emperor Kraggh

OOC: Err, if I recall correctly, we were actually planning on interrogating Captain Code or whatever his name was, since he was kind of the only lead we had on the Hexas situation.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

:kaukau: OOC: Ivan doesn't know what they've been planning since he was absent during that part. Being lawful good, he's inclined to just hand them in to authorities when he feels it's any other villain. Although, err, if I recall correctly, this can easily be solves by another character simply stopping him and telling him their intentions with Captain Code.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh Edited by Emperor Kraggh

IC: Hanna (Dream, Taxi also)Hanna suddenly saw her dream become sharper, clearer, more life-like. To the point where she wasn't sure if she was still dreaming. And then Dreamcatcher appeared next to her, and she knew this was a real person. Why? Well, for one, Hanna actually sensed emotions coming from her, not the empty void that filled the people in her dreams."Hi," Hanna said to her, turning her head to look at Crystal. After all that had happened that day, it would take a lot more then people randomly appearing in her dreams to startle her.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Also, it should be noted - and I just remembered that these are British police - that police in the UK, as a rule, do not carry guns.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

:kaukau: OOC: I never outright said they did, even though Ivan jokes about Imperial Stormtrooper aiming skills, though that was meant as a general jab toward incompetency. Still, I figured that the police ought to have been there, since it rto me that if planes fell out of the sky then emergency personnel would arrive.And you know, I'm still thinking about those people in the plane that went down. Shouldn't the heroes be a bit concerned for their safety? Now that I think about it, Ivan certainly will.IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)"Oh frick," said Ivan. He just realized that he was, in fact, one of the few people with guns there, whereas the police were only equipped with clubs and a few other nifty trinkets that would be of even less use against a man such as Hoody. A bit more concerned for the predicament now, he also realized the perils of the personal safety for everyone in the area. He turned around."Wait a minute, you're stinking Brits!" he called out. "I forgot about your no-gun policy. In that case, never mind. Just take the villain with some of your guys and send everyone else to search for survivors in that plane, if any at all!"Ivan banked to the left and ran with all his might to the burning mess of the airplane. "Surfer!" he called across the field to the memory hero standing next ot the other wrecked plane. "Where's the pyrokinetic guy? Can he set out flames as well as he can start them?"Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

OOC: Unless I've been very badly misreading things, the plane that executed a bit of a sloppy crash-landing was, in fact, the plane our characters were in, and while there is some damage to the plane, it isn't precisely a burning wreck, and, in fact, my character is presently sitting in it, keeping an eye on the prisoner.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: There was a passenger plane that went down in flames moments before Blackout appeared and EMP'd the League Jet. I assumed that Blackout EMP'd that too, somehow causing it to burst into flames and crash. I didn't bring it up because Gadgeteer's not likely to care about the slim chance of there being survivors. :rolleyes:IC - Sluice @ Superbeing Smackdown!Moving into the stark corridor, Sluice led Fellwyd towards the door labelled 'canteen'. As she had observed, it was ajar; she pressed against it and it swung open. Warm air washed over them, carrying the mingled scents of various foodstuffs. In many ways the aroma resembled that of the cafteria at the League Court of Great Britain where they'd dined yesterday, although there was something less appetizing about it - did it carry the smell of staleness, or sweat perhaps? The room was very long and filled with tables, which in turn were filled with villains ravenously eating from metal trays. Some were costumed, others not. Lining one wall was a glass barrier protecting bowls and vats of food, surly-looking chefs using rusted ladles to dole out portions onto the trays of expectant criminals.Sluice pulled up the hood of her supersuit and wrinkled her nose. This probably wasn't going to be very tasty, but the only alternative was fighting on an empty stomach. Assuming Fellwyd remembered from yesterday how a cafeteria worked, Sluice led the alien towards a pile of clean trays at the start of the queue...

Edited by Kumata

IC(N): Ember ducked out from underneath the luggage rack, shooting a glance at Ivan. "My name is N-Ber, and yes I can douse a flame. What self respecting pyro can't douse a flame?" He asked, waving a hand at the burning jet. The flames immediately shot towards Ember, circling him until they disappeared. He shrugged, wiping his hands. "That really doesn't do anything for me, it's just fancy."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Dreamcatcher - Hanna's Dream -"Hello." Crystal said shyly. By the way Hanna was looking at her Crystal figured that she knew somehow that she was real. Not too many people could figure that out so quickly. "I bet you're wondering how I'm here."

IC:Hanna (Dream)"Um... Yeah, sorta," the empath replied tiredly. It seemed that even in her dreams Hanna was going to be tired. It sorta made sense, because he powers relied on her mental strength. The more she used them, the more mental "energy" she was using. "Who are you?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Dreamcatcher - Hanna's Dream -"I'm Crystal, I have the ability to enter peoples dreams, control them, and pretty much do whatever I can think of inside them." Crystal looked around the city, it seems as if it was the real New York, with endless traffic and tall buildings.

NPC: After a few more moments Carapace's voice returned inside Viktor's helmet. "Apologies for the delay," he said. "The recent flurry of electromagnetic pulses has thrown up a bit of interference in your area. I haven't been able to monitor the situation as closely as I'd have liked." In fact the cameras he'd planted on the others' civilian clothing were almost all fried. What a tragic waste of technology. "I have, however, retrieved preliminary information about Taiji. It's a small town in Higashimuro district, Wakayama prefecture, Kinki region. Last estimate places the populace just over three thousand. Unfortunately it's a whaling town. If the technology used is sufficiently waterproofed Hexas could be under the bay, in some dank cove, even underground. I'm having my people scour it now." Currently his systems were scanning just about everything in the town that was connected to a satellite or even capable of recieving a wireless signal. Something would turn up sooner or later... but even with the kill-sat out of commission, sooner would be optimal."In the meantime, I will require a status report. What is the state of the mission and the team?"{H-D}

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC - Gadgeteer @ Manchester Airport"The team was delayed by a supervillain attack. His alias was Blackout, I think. He has been neutralised and passed on to the authorities. However, he has caused both a passenger plane and our League Jet to crash. The group is investigating the wreckage of the passenger plane for survivors whilst we await a new jet. I am repairing my armoured battle suit." Indeed, as he spoke to Carapace Viktor was assembling more and more of the armour around himself. "Our current objective is to interrogate Captain Code for information as to Lady Hexas' plans and wherabouts as soon as he gains consciousness."Viktor paused thoughtfully. He supposed he ought not to leave Carapace in the dark about this next bit, concerning though it was. "We... may also be being tracked by Mr - one of the leaders of the Coalition of Corruption. It is the one whose names begins with 'Mr' but apparently he is aware of any person that uses his full alias, so we cannot say it. No attacks have been made against us so far. I suspect that he may be watching over Negafire - there is no connection I know of that this villain has to the rest of the team..."

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Just to point out, but if Hexas was willing to vaporise Taiji she's hardly likely to be located there :PShe just picked the place because its a whaling town and she's a fish. Bad blood there...IC: "Uuuh..." Captain Code groaned. He appeared to be recovering from the blows, even if he was a little concussed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Since when was she planning to vaporise Taiji? Her broadcast said to bring the Operation: Lockdown files there and that she hadn't decided which city to vaporise yet. That's why Viktor assumed she or an agent of hers was located there.

Edited by Kumata