To Save The World!

:kaukau: OOC: I'm having a misunderstanding as to where the misunderstanding is, here.By the way, I wasn't entirely sure if the place had burst into flames in the air or not, except it probably his the ground violently, so I'm assuming that it was in flames at the time Ivan approached it.IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)Right. Ivan believed N-Ber, although there was the one percent chance that he was twisting the truth a bit. "I didn't know for sure if you were pyrokinetic or just an emitter. Bear in mind, there are those who are less gifted than you."Honor and pride. What was it with the male subconscious fixation on honor? They became insecure once anyone misjudged them. Unfortunately, Ivan was a male and had interacted with enough members of his sex to face the temptation of reverting to this primitive insecurity, but he had enough control over his own mind to resist it most of the time.Enough of that, however. What was important was the safety of the civilians. He held his gun at a less conspicuous angle and headed toward the wrecked plane. The door behind the pilot's cabin was bent and busted open. He hoisted himself up to the floor level of the plane and pried the door open, which fortunately came easily."This is rescue!" he called. "All survivors make noise of some sort!"He heard four distinct voices and a a clanking sound. For sure that was five people. "Just a minute, I'll get you out as soon as possible! Whoever's nearest to the front of the plane, I'll come for you first. If anyone's in back, I'll come for you second."It was dark. Smoke still hung heavy in the air. Ivan held his hand out in front of him."Was it a terrorist? I swear it was a terrorist!" cried the voice of what sounded like a young woman, maybe a teenager. "There was this man, and he was looking around funny. He got up in back and I swear I should have told the attendant that there was something wrong. It's all my fault...It's all my fault...""It's all right," called out Ivan. "It wasn't your fault. It wasn't even a terrorist. The plane was shot down from outside!""Oh, thank God! Thank God!" cried the young woman.Ivan held out his shock pistol in front of him and set it to laser targeting. A blue beam shot out in front of him. It wasn't the best flashlight, but he could still see better. He was now in the area with the passengers. As he looked carefully through the darkness, he grimaced when his eyes caught the site of charred bodies, some of them cast on the floor.He was a doctor. He could do something for the people who were still just barely alive.Right now, the most important thing was getting out the people he could, and his priorities were on those with the highest chance of survival. "Alright, the young woman. I want her to call out again. You sound to be near the front!""I'm here," she said, but her voice was now more hoarse, bordering on a croak. Ivan rushed to the voice and found the lady, who was indeed a teenager, lying in her seat and covered in burn marks."You're safe now," said Ivan, picking her up. "What's your name?""Idel," she said."Idel, don't use the Lord's name in vain," totted Ivan. As he approached the exit with her, he called back into the main cabin space, "I want everybody still conscious to look fore anyone who still had a heartbeat! If there are any unconscious survivors, I should know!"He dropped Idel off and jumped back into the plane. There were still a couple of people calling out, but some of them had resigned to coughing. "Who here is capable of getting out of their seats?" he called."I am," called a solitary man."Get up and out now!" shouted Ivan. "If you can, grab one of the other conscious survivors to go with you.""Sir, there's a person next to me. He still has a heart beat.""Then leave him to me," said Ivan. Somewhere deeper into the cabin Ivan could see a figure making his way toward him, a man in business attire. As the man made his way past Ivan, Ivan placed a hand on his shoulder. "You're a good man for doing this. Go on." They passed each other.Deeper into the cabin, the smoke got thicker. Ivan dove through and didn't look back.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

OOC: The misunderstanding was entirely mine.IC(Whistler): The stirring villain felt a hand gripping the back of his neck, in addition to the ever-present bite of the handcuffs that had been placed on him at Jodrell Bank."Do not move more than is avoidable. Do not speak unless it is to divulge important information. I am not a law enforcement officer. The people you attempted to kill - the people who destroyed the satellite - are not law enforcement officers. We run no risk of being fired if we treat a prisoner rather more roughly than might be necessary, and considering what you were involved in when you were captured, that leaves me little incentive to leave your nose intact if you annoy me."As the one who had been left behind to guard the prisoner, Bruce had little knowledge of the situation with regards to the other plane, and no idea that actual law enforcement officers were on the scene. All he really knew was that the prisoner was awake, and that he had been involved in a scheme that could have resulted in millions of deaths had the threat of destroying a major city been carried out.IC(Fellwyd): The alien was briefly irritated at the absence of mashed potatoes, but moved down the line, accepting portions of much of the food available. In terms of taste, little of it was very good, but the great majority was reasonably filling, which, with the approaching prospect of combat, was good enough.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC - Sluice @ Superbeing Smackdown!The pair sat down at an empty table with their now-full trays. Sluice was eating spoonfuls of what was apparently a kind of stew. Around them the villains dined noisily; some broke out into loud arguments, but no physical fights occurred. Everyone in here was probably too tired and/or hungry to bother with that. Mounted on one wall was a large screen, very similar to the one that had hung in the entrance area: it displayed lists of team names and the upcoming matches for the day. Sluice scanned it idly as she ate. Noticing team names she'd read yesterday, but in different combinations, she realised that the second round had already begun! The fighting must have been going on all night, and in multiple arenas. She'd been expecting this tournament to last for the duration of a month, but was relieved now that it seemed it might last only a week.Briefly she dwelled on the fact that she hadn't wanted to get wrapped up in such diversions. Of course, there was no way she'd have turned down a chance of finding Silver, if he were alive - and she didn't begrudge Fellwyd for needing help learning about Earth's customs - she just wished that whatever cosmic forces controlled these events could have picked another time for them to occur. In the aftermath of the invasion she'd been hoping to tone down the superheroics for a while, deal with her multiple personality disorder, get a job and in general just get her normal, civilian life in order. The demands of a superhero lifestyle felt overwhelming sometimes. It depressed her.She was just telling herself to come away from those thoughts, that moping would do no good, when her eye fell on her own alias. Well, her 'villian' alias. The screen read:

Fellwyd & Whirlpool vs. Mastermind

Her heart skipped a beat. It was happening so soon! At the sight of their opponent's name she automatically recalled the bizarre encounter she'd had with him yesterday - the emotions it had churned within her; the burning curiosity and exhausting anxiety. She stared at the board for a full 15 seconds, spoon halfway raised to her lips."Fellwyd, it... um, it's today. We're going to be fighting Mastermind..."

Edited by Kumata

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Tilian disconnected the link and walked back over to the downed plane, crouching down beside the girl Ivan had pulled out. She couldn't have been more than 18 or 19..."What's your name?" he asked with a soft smile. She smiled back in return."I'm Idel," she said quietly. "Are you guys rescue workers?""Something like that. I'm Tilian. League of Salvation.""You're a superhero?" she asked, her eyes widening; she was clearly excited and intrigued to be in the presence of a League member. Tilian grinned a bit and nodded, laughing, and she laughed excitedly. "That's so cool, though! Who are you...?"He sighed, looking around, and beckoned for her to move in closer, and as she did so, he whispered the word, "Saosin." Her eyes widened."You're the guy who helped take out the sewer gators back in New York City a couple weeks ago!" she said frantically, but he put his hand up in a ssshing motion and laughed."I'm pretty sure there are some people over in Cambodia who didn't hear you," he joked, and she laughed a bit."Well, listen, I'm going to go help with getting the survivors out. You just hang tight and wait for a medivac, okay?" he asked, squeezing her hand and upping his "I'm here to help" grin another notch. She smiled weakly back at him and sat back down."Tilian?" she asked him, staring at the departing hero as he turned. "What's your number? Just thinking we could hang out or something when I get back stateside..."He was quiet for a second and then laughed, walking back over to her and scribbling down his number onto the runway. She smiled at him and jotted it down in her phone as he walked back to the jet to try and help Ivan. As he moved, Tilian could have sworn he had heard a wistful sigh as he moved...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC(Whistler): "That is correct. Once we have gotten the information we need from you, you will be handed over to the League."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Ember looked around and ran after Tillian, catching up with him before he entered the plane. "Watch it, it'll still be hot in there. Uh... Hey Tillian," He started, his voice dropping to a whisper, "How much did you tell the League? Did you mention me? Or tell them where the base is?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"All that I told them was that the team needs a new jet scrambled from the Court in London and that we were about to commence the interrogation of Captain Code," Tilian whispered in reply. "And that's all that needs to be said for now."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

:kaukau: Tyler, for future reference, if I invent an NPC that starts with the letter I, it's basically a red flag that means I have their character figured out and I have a plan for them. For a person who's main character is a guy with perfect memory, you seem to have forgotten the psychic particles implanted under Ivan's skin and don't understand the narrative that I'm going down. Next time, you can bunny to your heart's content (since they are NPCs, after all), but you should PM me first and at least understand who the character is before making up his or her personality on the spot.IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)The person next to him looked to be dead without question. This area of the plane, located by the wings, had been hotter than the rest. Nobody stood a chance. Ivan leaned down and tore some of the fabric from the clothes of the nearest corpse. There was no water to wet it down with, but it would do. He held it up to his mouth.He checked the bodies in every row of seats, but there were no heartbeats to be found further back in the plane. Finally, he found another living body, picked it up, and sprinted down the length of the plane with the weight of another man on his shoulders. George, the man in the suit, took the latest survivor and carried the person the rest of the way out of the plane.Ivan sprinted to the back again to check for bodies one more time, but it seemed he had found his last survivor. He seethed with resentment, hating that he couldn't save more, hating that he could have been more careful when jumping through dimensions. He had cost other people their lives, and what was more, he couldn't afford to put himself through a thorough guilt trip. He was also angry that a stupid monkey in a pair of spandex cost the lives of innocent people for his own ego. Those selfish pursuits didn't even gain the villain any real happiness. It was sheer apathy, a pure disregard for the sanctity of human life.Ivan had to get out, and it wasn't just the fumes.He stopped walking when he came next to Idel's seat near the front. Such a panicked individual. Ivan was unaccustomed to ever losing his cool, so he pitied her for losing it for a moment. The image of the fear in her eyes struck him and stayed in his memory.Of course, how he reckoned that he had more to worry about from her. Out of everybody on the plane, she was the sole female survivor, and that meant one thing in particular that Ivan was not very fond of. She would now be under the influence of the psychic particles emitting from his skin and lose her sense of independent thought. And her new-found dependence would be directed toward him. How sick.Now all of a sudden he didn't feel such an urgent need to leave the plane again.Then he noticed in the same row of seats on the left side of the plane, one turn of the head away from Idel's line of vision, a glint of chrome dangling on an arm rest. He picked it up. It was a pocket watch. Its cover was featureless, and when he tried to open it he couldn't. He doubted he ever could. He then put it where it belonged, in his pocket, and left the plane."You're looking grim," said George.No comment.Ivan looked at the surfer boy. "Where were you? Never mind." He walked past at a fast gait. He was feeling sick and tired, fed up, but most of all, angry.He attended to the nearest patient. The best thing he could do at the moment was just put everyone in stasis to prevent them from getting either better or worse so he could focus on one at a time without worrying about neglecting the others.He counted, there were eleven survivors. Eleven whopping survivors.Of those, it looked like four of them could die soon if not immediately attended to. He pulled out his medical kit to remove a syringe, four needles, and a thermos containing the stasis serum. Four quick injections later, they were all under, not to change until hit by an electric shock. That would be enough for him to begin working on some of the other survivors.He started with an obese man who had been a pain to carry out. He chose this as his first patient purely because he was sitting the farthest from Idel."Man, why are all the survivors fat?" the man asked."Extra padding. It's useful for these types of scenarios," Ivan said, sounding completely and utterly unengaged. He was focused more on the textbook-definition third degree burns on the man's calves. "Hold out your legs and don't flinch," he said without emotion."What exactly happened, Doc?""Terrorist attack," said Ivan. "The man, to my knowledge, didn't even have any ideals. Hold still."The man stopped fidgeting. "Lucky I survived, huh?" Ivan went on autopilot and continued to engage in conversation with his patient to keep him soothed an in control. After setting his gun aside in a position where he could easily grab it and see if anyone was approaching it, he examined the legs only for a moment before taking out from his medical kit what looked like a role of transparent plastic. He ripped off a sheet to hold up against the man's burns, then pressed it against them. There was a hissing noise as the sheet fused with the skin. The patient gave off a slight sound of alarm, but Ivan had been a good doctor and had accurately described the amount of pain it would cause beforehand. A moment later, he pulled away at the plastic. The bits that weren't connected to the wound tore off, leaving a hole in the plastic in the shape of the burn mark. The area that had made contact had now desolved onto the skin."Woah, how did you do that?" asked the patient."Other leg. You will feel the same sensation again," said Ivan. He tore off another sheet of the plastic wrap and repeated the process."Ooo," said the man.Both of the burns were now gone."So tell me, how exactly did you do that?" The voice was calmer now and almost nothing like it was before, but it was female. Ivan didn't want to talk to Idel, nor give her any reason to be in further awe of him."Sir, do you have any other burns that I have to know about?" asked Ivan. "Any aches or pains? I'd imagine that they should stand out."She sat cross-legged next to him."Well, my chest is hurting and if you look under my sleeve here, I think my right shoulder's pretty banged up," said the patient. Ivan had him take off his shirt and inspected the burns. They weren't as bad as the burns on his calves, s they would be no problem in fixing up. Across the chest, it was merely a mass of peeling red skin."My mother always told me I should end up marrying a doctor," said Idel, who had been staring at the side of Ivan's head for a while now."Idel, I am a figment of your imagination, believe it or not," said Ivan, still not making any eye contact and still sounding utterly unengaged."I believe you," said Idel. "I believe that you're real, more real than anyone I've met in my entire life. You saved my life." She brought herself closer to Ivan.Ivan's pupils contracted.He took out what looked like a can of bug spray and sprayed it on his patient's upper body."Ooo, that feel good," said the patient.Ivan repeated the same process for the shoulder that he did for the calves and was finished. "You're in a stable condition now," said Ivan, making sure he had direct eye contact with the man to ensure he meant it."Thanks, Doc," said the man with a chuckle before getting up and waddle off."Woah, hold on, stay right here," said Ivan. "We need everyone to stay here for a while."Ivan picked his from from off the ground. He stood up to move to his next patient, but Isterid stopped him. She held one hand against his jaw, the other against his thick hair. He looked down at her with no expression except for the subtle look of disapproval typical of a parent. "What was your name?" she asked."Ernest Ford," said Ivan."I always wanted to marry someone named Ernest," said Idel."No you didn't," said Ivan. "Idel, right now you are suffering from the effects of psychic interference more powerful and more intrusive than any drug. I would tell you that you are having feelings that you cannot rationally explain, but unfortunately part of the new sensation is your rationale, which has been fundamentally altered. It is as if some cosmic writer replaced God and tragically misinterpreted your character. If I knew you better I bet this would be very painful to watch. You've never even been interested in romance before, have you?"Idel didn't say anything, but Ivan was paying close attention to her pupils and other features. She was holding him close enough for him to feel her heart beat."I thought so. Idel, this is not truly you. The thoughts in your head aren't yours. There's nothing much else I can say to that. I would ask you to realize your new reality and figuratively wake up from or or fight against it through sheer force of will, but unfortunately the problem is your will and intellect. However, since you will be be in love with me no matter what I say, I might as well request some cooperation from you for the time being. Do you recognize this?" he held up the chrome pocket watch.She nodded. "Yes, it was in the pocket of the one man.""The one man who you thought was suspicous?""Yes, but I'm all past that now. I realize that I was panicking at the moment and not in my right mind," said Idel."You're not in your right mind now, either," said Ivan."I know, but I don't care. I want what I want, and I just want to be here for you," said Idel. She leaned in closer and rested her head against Ivan's chest. As he did with Isterid, Ivan stepped back, having none of it. "After all, you were hear for me." She looked up into his eyes. Her pupils were dilating with an inner serenity."The man, what did he look like? Did he wear a white suit coat like he was off to a wedding?" asked Ivan."Yeah," said Idel. "Yeah, he did. It stood out like fireworks, like he didn't belong.""He was tall, too, wasn't he? And he had a beard," said Ivan."That's him. Do you know each other?"Ivan looked away from here and at his hand, which had pulled out the pocket watch. He left Idel behind, walking back to the plane and beside Saosin and N-Ber. He put the pocket watch back in his pocket and exchanged it for his communicator. There was only one person in the entire universe who could open this pocket watch."Ike? Where are you?"Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

IC: N-Ber waited until Ivan was out of earshot, then leaned in to whisper to Tillian. "Look, he could still kill all of us. If he did that now, the location of the base would disappear, along with all of us. If we at least pass the location onto the League... Well, if he kills us then, we'll have at least forced his hand. Am I being paranoid? Maybe. But... I don't want to die without... Without doing something good. I want to make a difference. If you tell the League everything, maybe they'll take me into custody right away, but at least... At least I won't die useless... And who knows, he might leave us alone if the location gets out,his motive for killing us would at least change drastically."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: I have to say I did find it funny that the girl felt it appropriate to flirt with Saosin in a plane full of dead bodies. At least with Ivan she's got an excuse. :biggrin:IC - Gadgeteer @ Manchester AirportIvan had, to Gadgeteer's slight disappointment, chosen to do the more moral thing of checking the crashed plane for survivors rather than help rebuild the armoured battle suit. Pity. Gadgeteer continued to work, drilling, screwing, welding; he was practically a one-man workforce. Engineering was one of his few passions in life, and he did it earnestly. Plus he was glad for the brief peace and quiet in the temporary absence of his teammates...

Edited by Kumata

OOC:Real Name (The name of your character when in 'Citizen Mode'): Andrei VolkovAlias (Your characters Superhero name): QuasarAppearance (What your character looks like): White suit with brilliant light emanating from the heart. The suit is essentially a titanium shell with no decoration, seeing as the light for the most part obscures vision of Quasar. Without the armor, he is a fair skinned blond with brown eyes and a chunk missing from his left ear. He is 6'2", 180 pounds. Power: Radiation (usually takes the form of light)Allegiance (League, Coalition, Solo Hero, Solo Villain): Solo HeroArea (Where your character comes from): Western RussiaBio (Useful information about your character's personality and history): Volkov was abducted and sold to human traffickers as a five-year-old, and was subsequently traded throughout Europe until he was nine, at which point he took one of the trafficker's guns and killed every last one. He went into hiding in the Ural mountains after that, living off of the land because he had no idea how to enter normal life again. His hatred blossomed for many years until finally he used the minerals from his self-started mining operation to build a suit for himself. This first suit used directed nuclear radiation as a weapon. Eventually Quasar was affected by the constant exposure to radiation and gained true superpowers. He removed the nuclear material from his suit and set out to make sure no child suffered the same fate he did. After a period of this, he realized that he had to take part in the war brewing around him. He had remained neutral for as long as possible, but the time had come to act.

Edited by Mendicant Bias

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League HQThough the journey back to League HQ was a short one, it took some time before the group could get any more information out of Scott Omaha. Upon landing Golem-Girl was immediately taken away by Miss Tress, to be questioned and placed in custody, but even with the villainness that had been terrorising him safely apprehended the CEO's nerves did not instantly calm. The group took him to one of the mansion's well-furnished rooms, sat him down on a nice comfy chair, fetched a calming drink, assured him that more League heroes were already on the way to his family... half an hour later, Scott Omaha finally seemed to relax."We need to know exactly what materials and equipment the Coalition forced you to supply them with," X-Calibur said. "As well as the locations they were sent to."Scott Omaha answered in detail. Using a nearby computer he pulled up email confirmations of certain transactions and the specifics of each order. The information he provided was ultimately uninteresting - the materials were of so many uses that it was too difficult to accurately predict exactly what the Coalition had been building with them. With rumours of a new base going around, it was likely that the materials were used for that, but as to the base's architecture, defenses or location they were still utterly in the dark. On top of that, X-Calibur was coming up with most of the questions, so after a while Loadstone, Skyra and Ultionis began feeling as if their presence might be more useful elsewhere. That was until Scott Omaha said this:"There was one time," he told them, a look of concentration on his face as he recalled the memory, "Golem-Girl said that I had to buy materials using my own finances. The transaction was not to be done through the company nor to have any connection to it whatsoever. I was to keep it as private as possible and only retain the bare minimum of documentation. And it was to be done as quickly as possible... I got the impression that there was some urgency to this."X-Calibur leaned forward. "What kind of materials?""Mostly the same as what I'd been sending to the Coalition safehouses for weeks. But that's another thing, this time I wasn't to have them sent to any of those. She wanted me to have them delivered to an exact area of land... hold on, I'll get the email, it has exact coordinates of the location." Scott brought up said email on the computer screen and the heroes gathered round. He told them: "It's a forest in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.""And when was this order made?" Pressed X-Calibur."Um, just under a fortnight ago."X-Calibur straightened up, but did not say anything. With his helmet still on it was impossible to read his expression."Maybe they're building another base there?" Loadstone suggested. "Or something smaller, like an outpost.""Why the urgency, though?" Countered Ultionis. "They've been taking their time to build the main HQ. Why's this one got to be rushed? And why the extra layer of secrecy?""It was only that one order," added Scott Omaha, "after that materials were to come from The Foilocution Corporation, as usual."Skyra spoke up. "What if it's some kind of superweapon?""I think," said X-Calibur slowly, "that whatever this is, it's something important to the Coalition. Could be a base. Could be a weapon. Could be anything, really - there's too little data for us to guess. But if there was an urgency to its construction then that indicates that the Coalition needed it finished by a certain date, so we'd be foolish to dawdle in finding out what it is. If you three are happy to stick with me, I say we should go to this location and investigate immediately..."

Edited by Kumata

NPC: Ultionis nodded immediately. He'd been standing around too long anyway. Every second they waited around the target was in danger. The Coalition wouldn't kill her yet - the fact that they hadn't done it by now suggested they either wanted something from her or were waiting for the opportune moment, and there was no way they would kill her without making a big scene out of it. But that didn't mean they had time to burn. He'd taken the time while Omaha was being pacified to recharge and reload from a supply depot not far from the mansion. Now he was fully stocked and ready to go. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)The rescue efforts stopped for a nanosecond as a League Jet touched down, shiny and silver and new as it rolled to a stop along the runway. A medical crew ran out immediately, picking up survivors, strapping them to stretchers, moving them along. A bespectacled man in an unassuming black leather jacket and slacks walked up to Tilian, holding out his hand emphatically.​"Geoffrey Pryce," said the man. "League Court of Great Britain. You're Tilian Pearson?"Tilian nodded and shook."We need you to shut off the jet," said Tilian. "The captain is still handcuffed, but we can't run the risk he could get out and take over the computers. We'll turn it back on when we're ready to leave."Pryce nodded and walked away to bark orders at the medical teams as Tilian walked back towards Gadgeteer. He leaned against the wall, watching the Russian tinker on his armor."What features are you adding?" asked Tilian, a bit curious. He'd always been a bit of a software nerd, but battle suits were something that he'd never even dreamed of outside of comic books. The fact that there were now two technicians with suits like that on this team was way cool...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: So... No response to Negafire then, Tyler?

OOC: Sorry, didn't see it. I'll pretend that Negafire replied after that exchange.IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Tilian shrugged as Ember replied."We'll figure it out later," he said. "For now, let's get back in the air."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Gadgeteer @ Manchester Airport"Functionally, there will be no change to my armoured battle suit." Gadgeteer continued to work as he spoke to Saosin. "I am incorporating advanced components from this League Jet, but to rework them into new features would require much more time than I am currently willing to spend. So in a sense I am holding them for later, inside my armour." He had several ideas as to what the new components could be used to build, but didn't feel like sharing those thoughts with Saosin. More out of habit than anything else - his previous armours hadn't exactly been equipped with friendly functions...OOC: I do have an Equipment Upgrade I haven't utilised for Viktor, but I want him to stay low-tech for now.

IC(Whistler): Hearing the question, the man in charge of watching the prisoner spoke up."He's awake, and asked if there was any point in asking to see his solicitor. The sooner we get this situation taken care of, the sooner we can try and get some information out of him."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"Yeah. Alright," said Tilian. "I'm gonna go file a flight plan and move the jet so he can't use it against us. Tell me when you're done with the armor so we can get this started."He walked away towards the air traffic control tower, motioning for a baggage cart to pull over and give him a ride.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OCC: im waiting for something to happen that Lone could be a apart, like the group leaving. Would Victor like help from Lone on the armor Kumata?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

What do you mean 'Radiation' is his power? Are we talking Captain Atom here where its basically just energy blasts?

OOC: Sort of. He originally had a suit that directed gamma rays at a target, but the true superpower he gained is control over light. I guess I should have cleared up that light is also radiation.
Okay, so he can control and emit anything on the electromagnetic spectrum?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League HQ"If you guys want to head back to the hangar, I'll catch you up in a minute," said X-Calibur. "I'll just see to it that Mr. Omaha is returned to his family safely and then put out a call for backup. If you guys run into anyone else within the mansion, see if they're able to tag along too. The more bodies we have on this mission the merrier."On top of the obvious tactical advantage more allies would provide, X-Calibur was a little uneasy with the current members of their group. Loadstone he was fine with; he'd worked with him before. But Skyra was a rookie and Ultionis - though certainly skilled - was not truly League, which put a certain distance between him and the others. In a way Skyra and Ultionis could be thought of as opposites; Skyra the young, inexperienced idealist and Ultionis the hardened, veteran realist. X-Calibur's concern was that two people of such differing character would clash, and thus jeopardise the effectiveness of the team as a whole. If there were other heroes present, they might dilute the effects of such a clash.OOC: I'm thinking Mr. No-One might want to tag along? If there are any other players with League characters who have nothing to do - now's the time to jump on board!IC - Sluice @ Superbeing Smackdown!It was with thoughtful silence that Sluice finished her breakfast. Mastermind... the prospect of facing him again filled her with a strange kind of anticipation. On the one hand she wanted to get the full truth from him about what he'd done to Silver - but on the other hand she wasn't sure if it was a truth she wanted to hear.The matchup, as displayed on the screen, rose steadily up of the list as other matches disappeared, presumably having finished. By the time Sluice and Fellwyd were done eating, their names were almost at the top"I suppose we might as well head toward the arena. Our match will start soon," Sluice said to her companion with a sigh...

IC:(Lone)Lone had been standing around, not doing much, so he decide to go over to Victor and give him so help on his armor.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC:what happened with gravity,tragedy,and ozo?

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Tilian came back about five minutes later and walked over to Whistler and Captain Code, grabbing the latter by the arm and dragging him out onto the runway, far away from the paramedics or the other members of the team."Captain, my name is Tilian Pearson," he said. "And you and I are about to become best friends."-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ember followed Tillian at a distance, ready to jump in if he was needed. He would have gone with the others, but... Well, he was pretty sure an ex-Coalition member wouldn't be welcome in the same room as a current League member, especially one who'd antagonized him before any suspicions about Ember being Coalition had gotten out...

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Tilian smirked in a predatory manner as he removed his gun and set it down, sliding it a couple yards backwards."In case you're not familiar with international law," said the young superhero, his inert Californian drawl coming out over his faux British accent (it was rather hard to truly get rid of after using it for such a period) "terrorists don't get good cops. And make no mistake, software geek, that's exactly what you are. See these guys?"He motioned to the downed jet and to Ember."None of them are League operatives. Just me. So, legally, I can't kill you or go too far over the edge in this little interrogation session. Those guys...well, they're just solo heroes fighting the good fight outside of the long arm of the law. The Scottish one? That's Whistler. He's got billions to his name and is one of the most respected businessmen in the world. He could probably get away with any crime short of murder of a head of state. The pyrokinetic? That's N-Ber. He can cook you like a pot roast from the inside out until your organs are a half degree away from turning into soup, and then lower your temperature just enough so that your blood doesn't disintegrate.""And the two Iron Men? One of them is Lone; he's the closest thing to a robot I've ever seen, and he's got the exact same sense of morals as one. The other one is Gadgeteer. Recognize him? You ruined his armor a couple hours ago, and believe me, he is not happy with you right now. He's Russian, probably got some KGB experience; that means that he can torture you even more efficiently than N-Ber, and he'll do it with the most psychotic smirk you've ever seen on his face while he does. So under the circumstances, I'm the best cop you'll get. I'd advise you not to make me mad in the process."-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC(Whistler): No longer watching over the captured villain, Bruce had no further obligation to remain in the plane that, until recently, had been in the air and carrying the assorted group that had forcibly removed Captain Code from Jodrell Bank, and so he exited the plane after Saosin and Captain Code, still dressed in his business suit, and still looking distinctly annoyed with the whole situation.IC(Fellwyd): The alien silently gestured his agreement, and rose from his meal, taking a few seconds to look for the correct exit before finding it and moving towards it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

What do you mean 'Radiation' is his power? Are we talking Captain Atom here where its basically just energy blasts?

OOC: Sort of. He originally had a suit that directed gamma rays at a target, but the true superpower he gained is control over light. I guess I should have cleared up that light is also radiation.
Okay, so he can control and emit anything on the electromagnetic spectrum?
OOC: Basically. Is that too overpowered, would you say?

OOC:what happened with gravity,tragedy,and ozo?

OOC: They're still flying towards the Empire State Building. This is the most recent post involving them.IC - Gadgeteer @ Manchester AirportNoticing that Lone had wandered over and was surveying the scattered pieces of equipment, clearly intending to help, Gadgeteer paused in what he was doing and handed the cyborg a drill."Those components need to be joined together," he said, pointing, "Loop the feeder wires through those small holes, connect them to that transistor and..." It wasn't long before he had launched into a set of jargon-heavy instructions none of others could possibly understand.IC - Sluice @ Superbeing Smackdown!Just as predicted, Sluice and Fellwyd hadn't gotten far on their journey to the lobby that contained the arena entrance when Showtime's voice began emanating from speakers in the ceiling:"And now folks, a match we've all been dying to see since their, heh, unusual little altercation yesterday... in a matter of moments Fellwyd and Whirlpool will be facing off against Mastermind! Will the contestants make their way to tunnels B and A respectively!"The pair made their way into the tunnel marked 'B; just like its twin it was dimly-lit and curved to the side. Sluice walked slowly. She was trying to clear her mind, to calm her anxious heart, but it was in vain."We, um, we ought to come up with a battle plan," she said to Fellwyd. "Now, the main reason we're here is to find out what exactly Mastermind did to my friend Silver. If we can get that information then, well, I don't mind if we lose the fight, for we'll leave afterwards. But he... wasn't in a talkative mood yesterday, so he'll probably fight us. Do you remember what I told you about psychic powers? The best defense is to think random thoughts. If he does attack your mind, um, try to think of the most alien things possible; things that resemble nothing you've seen on Earth. It might confuse him. If one of us comes under psychic attack and can't fight it off, the other one of us should try to break his concentration - a sudden physical shock should do it. He doesn't look very physically strong, so it might be best for you to engage him closely. If you hit him in the head it might prevent him from thinking clearly." Though she was trying to enunciate as clearly as possible for Fellwyd, Sluice's nervousness had been making her ramble slightly. She stopped herself, gave the alien a couple moments to process it all, then added: "But before we do any fighting, I will try and talk to him like I did yesterday. I hope I can resolve all this without a fight happening at all."They emerged into the bright arena, the anticipatory roar of the crowd crashing into them as they strode out. The sandy battlefield currently sported only Showtime, clutching a microphone and announcing the pair's entrance eagerly to the crowd, but soon their opponent would appear... Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): The alien silently signalled his agreement with this plan. In truth, he doubted Mastermind would be in any sort of mood to talk - he had seen how the other competitors regarded him, looking upon the reigning champion with nothing but fear. One does not earn that sort of reputation through reasonable behavior, but by imposing their will on others, giving nothing and taking whatever they wanted. That Mastermind was so feared was proof, in Fellwyd's mind, that he had both the will and the power to do as he pleased with whomever crossed his path. Once endowed with such power, few would be inclined to negotiate any sort of agreement.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom