To Save The World!

[iC - Mystic] If Mystic had any thoughts on Skyra's apparent desire to behead somebody, she chose to keep it to herself."Well, it's a bit more complicated than that, but... actually, let's just stick with 'thinking loudly.' Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not certain it's something I could properly explain to you," said Mystic. "But yes, it's a bit harder for me to filter out stronger or more intense thoughts. Really, you people tend to broadcast your thoughs all over the place; it doesn't exactly make it easy for me..."In truth, it was a problem Mystic had spent a lot of time attempting to solve, not the least of which involving her recent attempts at meditation. But as long as she needed to rely on the minds of others for her sight, it was inevitable some thoughts would break through her mental barriers. Eager to avoid a conversation about the limitations of her powers, Mystic looked for any excuse to change the subject."So... any luck with the investigation?" she asked quickly. "I... my apologies, I was called away to assist on another mission. That happens a lot; abilities like mine are always in high demand..."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC:Madness was going to fainted and went limp from oxygen deprivation. But before he could actually pass out, he reached for a gun and channeling his powers through it, he pulled the trigger. It hit Grau's hand.Jocasta quickly ran to the nearest comm-screen. She typed out the command for the library to self-destruct."Self destructing in 10 minutes."

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: Skyra - League Mansion -Skyra went over everything that they had done and discovered. From fighting Golem-girl at the Foilocution Corporation, to how they learned about the secret transaction of materials to a forest in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. "So as soon as X-Calibur gives us the go were gonna head up to Michigan and check out what's been going on in that forest."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

[iC - Mystic] Mystic nodded quietly as she listened to Skyra. She could probably have uncovered most of this information on her own; a few words into her headset would give her access to any number of League channels and databases. But Mystic had been juggling three or four different catastrophes today, and if she hadn't stopped to try and catch her breath she wasn't certain she could handle it all (not that she'd ever admit it). Besides, there was still a certain advantage to be found in getting a firsthand account of events."Well...assuming no crisis comes up in the next few minutes that needs my assistance, I'd be more than willing to lend whatever help I can, offered Mystic. "Assuming X-Calibur has no problems with that, of course."---[iC - Fade] As Fade stepped out of the tunnel, he was almost blinded by the light shining in. He’d spent so long wandering about in that frozen tundra, dark storm clouds covering the landscape, it took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust. An enormous window, made of impossibly smooth ice, lined the far end of the chamber. Unfortunately, there wasn’t much of a view beyond; they were up above the cloud layer here, leaving little to see but blue skies and a sea of gray mist spreading out to the horizon. An impressive vista, to be certain, but one that overstayed its welcome rather quickly.[/font]Fade turned his eye away, scanning the interior of the room. The ice was shaped and carved to resemble furniture down to the slightest detail. A master sculptor wouldn't be able to get such exact details down so perfectly. A long table took up one end of the room, a large canopy bed occupying the other. Carefully crafted, but Fade couldn't shake the sense of hollowness about them. Nothing more than imitations pulled forth from the ice, their artificiality impossible to ignore.Then the walls parted, and Frigid stepped in. Suddenly, everything seemed a little more real for Fade. It should have been easy to dismiss her - she was nothing more than a fake, doubly so, in fact. She was a double from an alternate universe, with memories that didn't belong to the woman he'd loved. But there she was standing before him, looking exactly as he remembered her... or at least, how he wanted to remember her. This was the girl who'd meant the world to him, not the mindless decaying husk he'd had to put of its misery. He ought to have been prepared for this, he really should have. But he'd only been fighting her through projections of lifeless ice and snow. It was another thing entirely to see her here, alive and - for a given value, anyway - well."So... it's true, then?" she asked. "X-Calibur is really dead?""Uh... I... yeah," Fade said, nearly stumbling over himself as he tried to remember how words formed. "If he's not dead yet, he will be soon. I left miles away from base, badly wounded, and lost in the wilderness. He won't last long.""Well now... that's good to hear," said Frigid. "Dead or alive, the League resistance will be in shambles. It should be a simple matter to wipe them out in one swift attack. Not that they've ever posed much of a threat, but they really are a bit of a nuisance to have on one's front door. Hardly befitting the ruler of the world, wouldn't you say?""Eh... Idunno," Fade said with a shrug, doing his best to stay in character. "Dealing with them... well, it made a nice hobby, I suppose. Something to do?""Really? Do I bore you, then?" said Frigid with a smirk. "I'm certain there are ways I could change your mind about that..."She leaned in closer... and Fade staggered back as something struck across his face. Frigid's hand struck outwards, a trickle of blood dripping from an icicle as sharp as a dagger. Fade clutched his cheek, feeling a slight cut running across it. A few drops of red spattered on the untouched icy floors."Now that's interesting, dear... you're bleeding," said Frigid. "Funny... you're not supposed to do that anymore, are you?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: Just as Skyra was finishing up his recounting of today's events, Ultionis made his way into the hangar. He chose not to announce his presence save by nodding to Mystic in what he hoped was, if not a friendly manner, then at least one of professional courtesy. Looking friendly was never his strong suit. Ghost was fond of saying that if he smiled his face might crack in half. Then again, Ghost said a lot of stupid things.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

Dieter Geist, Grau/Jocasta's LibraryIC:

Grau swore as he quickly phased out of the books. The **** hero shot his hand... ah well, wasn't that worst that had happened to him. Still, if Madness was unconscious, the mental barriers were probably gone... With a grin, he picked up his claymore and strolled after Jocasta.Oh, he wasn't done. Madness just wouldn't be waking up for a while, and killing the only witness was quite the good idea.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

:kaukau: IC: (Ike, Manchester Airport)He arrived a little late. After hopping a fence and taking a brief look around, he could see the problems that Ivan had mentioned. A couple of planes had crashed. Icarus was standing on the sidelines among a group of survivors, and next to him was a lady in her late teens, perhaps eighteen or nineteen, who was looking at Ivan.Ike ran up to the middle of the airfield and picked up Icarus, putting the little kid once again on his shoulders, then in a few large strides rejoined the group of superheroes. He was not under the impression that he was sorely missed, but then, he was never entirely sure if his existence was acknowledged in the first place."Lo, I exist once more and have ubiety in this place," he coughed. His mouth was dry."Ike, will you at least remember to salivate? I can't understand you with your xerostoma," said Ivan.Funny, but last Ike checked sometimes people didn't understand him normally. He activated his salivary glands and washed some the moisture about."Ivan, you look frustrated enough to suffer from limosis," commented Ike."'Urgent desire to eat chalk?' Don't be redi - yeah, I guess so. It makes just about as much sense as headbanging at thing point."Ike turned his attention to Gadgeteer. "Your revamped outfit appears to be a bit quisquillian. With my olamic mind I think I could assist on a later date with better supplies. Granted, I do not compare my abilities with mechanics to be as adequate as my friend Ian's, but - ""Ike, an imporant call is being made at the moment," said Ivan."Ah, ywis," said Ike. He stood strait and held his hands behind his back.Ivan walked backward so he was right next to Ivan. As best he could, he tried to talk into Ike's ear. Ike had to lean down considerably. "Ask our youthful friend a few questions. I'm beginning to suspect things." At the same time, when no one was looking, he slipped the watch into Ike's pocket. "Also, the girl Idel over there who looks about as impatient as a woman with xeroniscus is currently being mind-controlled to suffer physical, emotional, and intellectual love for me. I will brief you on the details later."Ike nodded and walked away. Back at the plane crash, amongst the victims, he helped Icarus down to the ground."Oh, who's that you have with you?" asked Idel."Weren't you talking to him earlier?" asked Ike."No, I wasn't. I've never seen him before," said Idel.There was a long pause as Ike looked into her eyes, searching them. He was clearly very concerned. After a moment longer of holding her gaze, he drew her attention to Icarus again."You're telling me you've never seen him?" he asked."I never told you that," she said. "But come to mention it, where did he come from?""How quisgous..." pondered Ike.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

[iC - Mystic] Mystic responded to Ultionis in kind with a short, curt nod of her own before turning her attention back to Skyra. Like Ultionis, she wasn't really making much attempt to be friendly. If he needed to talk the details of the mission, Mystic would be more than happy to discuss it, but other than that she didn't really have much cause to be social with him."Well, it's a simple fact that there are others in the League who are... shall we say, not quite so comfortable with the way I use my powers," she said to Skyra, concealing any feelings she had on the subject behind a matter-of-fact tone. "They consider it... invasive, and I can't really say they're wrong for feeling that way. I merely wished to be certain my presence on the team would not be disruptive to the mission."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

[iC - Mystic] "Well... thank you, I suppose. But it was hardly you I was worried about," said Mystic. "With any luck, it shouldn't be an issue in this case. Experience has simply taught me it's best to act cautiously in this sort of situation, that's all."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC:Jocasta needed to escape the library. It was about to self destruct and she knew that Madness would survive it, being buried under one of the indestructible bookcases and his suit would absorb the impact.The nearest exit, however, was right behind Grau. But there was no other choice. She ran straight at Grau and slid under his feet.

"Wer Traumt?"

OOC: Beardy Spoon, feel free to have Mr. No-One tag along with Skyra, Mystic and the others if you wanted something for him to do.IC - Gadgeteer @ Manchester AirportGadgeteer waited for a slight lull in the sesquipedalian discourse of Ivan and his friends before speaking."If your friends are joining us on this mission, we will need to know things about them. Names, powers, skills and so on." Ivan was eccentric,and from the sound of it so were his friends, but at the end of the day if they all possessed valuable skills Viktor was content to let them tag along. Working on repairing his armour had been therapeutic, and it had put him in a good mood - he was being far less mistrustful than usual...

Edited by Kumata

"Nope," was all Grau said as he spun and slammed the claymore down in front of Jocasta, its blade perfectly tangible and about to cleave her in half with her own momentum.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

:kaukau: OOC: Well, I'd bring them up, except I'm not about to push the boundaries with the character limit. Meanwhile, I'll reference them often, and I have a plan on exchanging these characters once I finish a certain plot with them.IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)Ivan shrugged. "That's really none of your business. They're currently busy on the world of Idodix and I might not see them for a while." He recalled that the teleporter was still nearby and wondered how much he should reveal in case his slightest sounds were being recorded. How he distrusted teleporters."By the way, is that a Russian accent?" he noted.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh Edited by Emperor Kraggh

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"Yes, it is," said Tilian, stepping off the plane. "If you're riding back Stateside, get onboard now. We leave in five."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: (Lone)with the five minute warning, Lone got on the plane, not wanting to get left behind, again. Flying outside the plane was not fun.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC - Gadgeteer @ Manchester AirportGadgeteer climbed on-board the League Jet. He couldn't say he was particularly disappointed that Ivan's friends weren't accompanying them. He didn't acknowledge the question about his accent - Saosin had answered for him. After a moment he decided that Ivan's observation wasn't worth worrying about. Unless Ivan had intimate knowledge of the SOIB's most wanted list and could account for every single other Russian with an affinity for technology, his criminal identity was safe.Once everybody was on-board Gadgeteer, much as he didn't want to, spoke to Ivan again. He pointed at Captain Code whilst he did so."Weren't you going to remove his powers? It would be wise to do that before we activate this craft..."

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"He's still got the power-nullifying handcuffs on," Tilian replied. "Besides, if he plays nice, I'm keeping him away from any villains who might see his cooperation as weakness and give the Captain here a...premature end. The combination of the two will keep him docile."He looked back to Captain Code, who was sitting in one of the chairs."Of course, if he's lying to us, I'm counting on one of you to toss him out of the cargo hold."-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Gadgeteer @ Manchester AirportGadgeteer wasn't familiar with the League's power-nullifying handcuffs so he wasn't entirely happy with that method of restraining Captain Code. Nevertheless he remained quiet. He would just have to keep an eye on their captive during the flight...

IC(Whistler): The businessman got back onto the plane as quickly as possible, and chose a seat fairly close to the captive villain."Oh, our new friend wanted to do a lot more than that, but as he seems to respect the authority of the United Kingdom, and the government of the United Kingdom respects the League's authority, he's been talked into leaving his fate in rather more official hands."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"Thank Jesus for that," Tilian muttered, popping open a can of Dr. Pepper and taking a sip, sitting down in the co-pilot's seat next to Ember. "You almost spooked our only lead into catatonia, Ivan."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Hi there everyone. I apologize for disappearing, but I've been working on some personal projects lately and preparing for what I'm about to reveal to you all. (For those of you who don't recognize me, I've called myself Lord Rahl in the past.)Now, as I am sure that most of you are aware of, I have spent years keeping track of all the various characters and plotlines of To Save the World. I've pestered most of you about character profiles, and spent plenty of time away from the RPG doing who-knows what with that information. But now, I'm about to show you what it's all been about. Introducing (drum-roll, please) -

That's right, there's a wiki concerning everyone's favorite superhero RPG! Kumata and I have been working on this site for the past three years, and after all that time we've finally decided to make the information public knoweldge. I have to admit, all credit for the Wiki goes to Kumata, who created it, built many parts of it, and has the ultimate say in anything that goes on there. (The only thing I can claim as my own is the coding that goes into the templates and whatnot.) Many thanks to Chronicler of Ko-Koro for helping out and filling in some of his character's pages, and to all the members of TSTW! who put up with me constantly asking for profiles and information. You guys are the best!

Now, a lot of the site is still barren; there are plenty of formatting issues that are still being resolved, and a lot of pages that are still missing, so it's far from completed. There's also the small matter that we have locked every page so that only those with administrator privileges (myself, Kumata, and CoKK) can edit them. This is to prevent vandals from deleting all of our hard work, not necessarily to keep the To Save the World populace from editing the Wiki. I'll let Kumata explain how we plan to run the site and what you guys can do to help out.

In the meantime, feel free to take a look around, as there are plenty of characters, images, and other things on the Wiki that have never been seen in the To Save the World! RPG proper. I hope you guys all like it.

:biggrin:

Now, since I have only a vague idea of where I left my characters, I'll start back off with an NPC post.

IC: (NPC)

The sound of waves crashing was the first thing he became aware of. The rhythmic beating of the ocean against the shoreline seemed to coincide with the throbbing in his head, making it difficult to concentrate on anything. Slowly - ever so slowly - he began to start thinking.

He ached from head to toe, he realized. His body felt like each bone had been cracked individually by an elephant stepping on it. He could feel the coarse sand chafing against his skin, and a cool liquid kept washing up over his legs. A beach, he thought dully. That's where I am.

He cracked his eyelids, squeezing them shut against the bright light of day almost as soon as he did. He picked his head up, and the muscles in his neck flared with pain. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he realized that he wasn't used to feeling like this.

It took a while for him to climb to his hands and knees, shaking and wobbling as he did. His clothes were tattered and torn; what little was left clinging to him was red, though there seemed to be patches of gold here or there. Damp black hair fell across his face, sand matted hopelessly in its tangled knots. Brushing it back with a hand clad in the fried remains of a computerized gauntlet, he took a look around.

The beach was barren, without a soul to be seen. He wasn't entirely sure where he was, but it was far from any civilization. For some strange reason he was glad about that; something told him that he would have been humiliated had anyone found him washed up half-dead on a beach. But why?

Staggering to his feet, he stumbled farther up onto the shore in order to escape the rising tide. He was beginning to feel better already; his power must have finally kicked in. He could see red marks on his skin that had been deeper wounds only moments ago. Soon he'd be well enough to start investigating where he was and how far he would have to travel before he found a city, or village, or anyone.

Yes, Eric Vention would be fine. If only he could have remembered what had happened to him...

~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: He has a habit of trying to keep himself as intangible, and thus invulnerable (except for temperature and such), as possible. So, especially with his enemy very near his legs, I'd say that he would have them intangible.

OOC: Ok then.IC: Jocasta rolled through one side through Grau's legs and ran, activating the secret exit slide.As she slid down it, she wondered how long it was when the library was going to self destruct.And she was out safe in the open, the library was safe from Coalition hands (she had done a backup on the files and tomes).Meanwhile, what had happened to Madness when all this was happening?He had already woken up, and was about to move when he heard the self destruct announcement.He groaned. "Jocasta, why do you always have to overdo everything?"

Edited by Trad of Law and Order

"Wer Traumt?"

All right, we finally got around to revealing the wiki! (Although one or two people stumbled on it before anyway :P) Yes, unfortunately myself and Rumpelstiltskin don't have immaculate memories; we've just been using the wiki for reference whenever recalling obscure facts about a character. :biggrin:Now, here's where you guys come in. It would be an enormous help if you could each take the time to search the wiki for your own characters' pages. Is there information missing from their page? Is there wrong information? If so, send a PM to either myself or Rumpelstiltskin and we will add that info to the wiki. At the moment, as Rumpelstiltskin said, most editing is only available to members of the wiki with admin rights. I did this mainly to prevent vandals from popping in and ruining everything. However, I do plan on changing this soon to give each member rights to edit pages for their own characters, so feel free to join the wiki. If you choose a username different from your BZP one, let me know who you are.Creating new pages is an option available to everybody. If your character doesn't have a page and you want to make one for them, go ahead. Me or Rumpelstiltskin may edit your pages, but this will only be to make sure the page follows the same template as the others.Also, if any of you have artistic skills and would like to make a picture of a character for the wiki, brilliant! As many as we've made me and Rumpelstiltskin don't have it in us to do images for every single page. :P

Edited by Kumata

OOC: I apologize again for my lack of contributions to this particular database. College and then yardwork has kept me a bit busier than I would like, generally speaking, and even when not busy, I have a bit of a tendency to procrastinate, particularly when the task at hand is delving through a topic to pull things from what I don't exactly consider my best writing.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Ember skillfully taxied the jet down the runway when the five minutes were up, gaining liftoff a moment later. He turned on the autopilot and turned to face Tillian. "Don't worry, I'm not about to rat us out. The Coalition's going to kill me if they ever get their hands on me again. My only shot is that /he/ hasn't told anyone about my defection yet." He glanced back into the rest of the plane, glaring at Ivan before looking at Tillian again. "I wonder how our anti-psychic friend feels about physical/psychic manifestations... I wonder if I go against his 'moral compass'."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

:kaukau: IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)He shrugged. As in, there were several things he wanted to say, but he decided not to. Hopefully he made it clear, however, that there were quite a few things on his mind. He turned his back to them and looked over to Ike back on the field."Ike! You're going to have to hurry up. The plane is leaving.""Correct," he called back. "You're interrupting some fascinating observations, however.""Ike, you're a multi-tasker when you need to be. Come on.""Alright," said Ike, and he came aboard. Idel hopped on as well, much to Ivan's chagrin.He turned around to face the others. "Hey, I just might need to bring her along for scientific observation. And I need to check to see if her health if alright. She's been infected by something. I'll explain later. It's just important that she comes along, because I'm a doctor and this is a patient who needs seeing."Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

OOC: The Wiki almost gave me an overdose of pure nostalgia... seeing it all laid out made my brain go "Oh hey I remember that guy! :biggrin:" on like every page I clicked. Spent almost half an hour browsing, enjoying the history. Now I just have to get over laziness and actually send detailed PM's...

IC(Fellwyd): The sphere hit the alien in the chest and exploded rather promptly, sending him flying backwards. The alien executed a quite involuntary backflip, but, with some effort, managed to land in a crouch, sliding back several feet before he ran out of momentum.

IC: Mastermind gave a slight snort of irritation. He hadn't actually expected the ugly one to withstand such an attack, let alone still look like he had plenty of fight left in him. Maybe "Sarah Winters" appearance was weakening his psyche, and the powers that derived from there directly. Shrugging off the distracting thoughts, he summoned a pair of psychic buzzsaws behind him: jagged discs of energy that began to orbit around him. With a gesture one of the discs broke away from the orbit, and began whirling rapidly towards Fellwyd's position. Mastermind was confident any attempt to "take it like a man" would result in prompt decapitation.... but nobody would be that foolish, right? Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC: Saosin (En Route to Sinful Saloon, Manchester, England)"Not sure," he muttered. "I wonder how many more friends he plans on packing on board. This isn't exactly a 747, and every extra team member beyond the five of us just means more chance of someone blowing our cover and getting us killed."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Not zo fazt," said Grau, who had quickly moved through the ground to a point right in front of Jocasta. Using the element of surprise, he tried to knock her into the shadows and strangle her too. As only his arm would really be visible at that point, it would definitely look odd to anyone who happened to look very closely at shadows. But still, hopefully it would work.

IC(Fellwyd): Having gotten no particular enjoyment out of Mastermind's first strike, Fellwyd wasn't all that keen on getting hit again, so he jumped several feet to the left, turning in mid-air as he did so. If he were any kind of optimist, he would have expected the saw to go sailing past him and crash into something, but, knowing he was dealing with a psychic, he was actually thinking that it would be more likely to pull a sharp U-turn as soon as it passed him.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Yeah, and maybe those 'obligations' should have included staying with the people who were actually hurt in that crash." Ember muttered, setting the plane's autopilot. Normally he'd be quieter with his words, but considering the kind of day he'd had, the ex-villain really didn't even care anymore.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

This is my first character. He took me a while to come up with, but I think he turned out okay.Real Name: Goes by the name of Corey Trent, designated before escape as Experiment Epsilon-23-BAlias: EpsilonAppearance: Corey (Aka Epsilon) shares his "normal" appearance (see Powers) with researcher James Trent, the scientist who donated his genetic code to the cloning experiments. He is about 6'3" tall with short, dirty blond hair and blue eyes. His build is somewhat muscular and he has a thin beard. His "costume" consists of a hoodie with the letter E sewn onto it and a scarf that he wears over a slightly altered version of his normal face. Powers: Epsilon can heal from wounds and injuries fairly quickly depending on the severity of the damage inflicted. He is able to change the shape of his body as long as it doesn't stress his skeletal structure too much. When not using this ability, he looks like his "Father." He can also generate bony extrusions from body to use as weapons, although this process is painful and can damage his skeleton if used to frequently. He also possesses heightened strength and agility, and is trained in Kung-Fu and Jiu-Jitsu.Allegiance: Epsilon now works for the LeagueArea: The research facility where Epsilon was created is located somewhere in Central America, but after his escape he managed to travel north along the West Coast until he reached Los Angeles, his "father's" former place of residence before he was assigned to Project Epsilon. There, he tries to live a normal life, but often finds himself fighting crime and injustice due to the moral beliefs that were instilled in him by James. Bio: Project Epsilon was a secret plan in 1986 to create an army of genetically enhanced clones that was, prior to Corey's escape, unknown even to the government. One of the researchers, James Trent, donated his DNA for cloning. Using stem cells and the genetic material Trent gave them, they created 11 clones, all of which failed due to various levels of genetic decay. However, the 12th survived, at which point the scientists began experimenting with augmentations on the cellular level.These clones were also unsuccessful, until Epsilon-23-B was created. He was cared for and studied by the scientists for a year before they allowed James Trent to raise the clone as his surrogate son. Trent gratefully accepted 23-B, affectionately naming him Corey.James raised Corey to be morally astute, going against the original plans of the Epsilon researchers, who wanted the clone to be emotionless and uncaring for life. When he turned 18, Corey began to see through the curtain of lies that the Epsilon researchers had constructed and escaped with the aid of his father. However, James had to sacrifice his life in order for Corey to escape. Blaming himself for James' death, Corey fled north along the West Coast, moving from home to broken home until he came upon Los Angeles, the birthplace and original residence of his father. There, he decided to stay and uphold the moral values that he was taught. He currently works as an office assistant for Kent Baker, the owner and CEO of the computer company E-Sinc Electronics.

Edited by Zyke the destroyer

67tlbk.png

OOC: All right, I have one last NPC post before I get back to my PCs. In this case, I was asked by MMM to write up an ISNN broadcast concerning his new characters; I decided to tack on a few other stories to round it out, and since I had some NPCs in the vicinity I thought I'd wrap up that failed plotline as well. I figure this post will be long enough without adding in PC ICs at the end.IC: (NPCs - ISNN)...Silvertongue. Age 28. Possesses a hypnotic voice. Recently escaped from Confinement.Zaparus blinked as the last of the information was transferred from the computer safely into his mind. The ISNN kept a database of Heroes, Villains, and headlining events so extensive that he would have been surprised if even the League knew more about the SuperHuman world. The state of the art firewalls and encryptions would keep all but the most experienced hackers at bay, and the ISNN sat contentedly on a treasure trove of information some parties would kill for. And all Zaparus had had to do to access it was walk in and brush up against a computer terminal while Inquisitor gave him a tour of the facility."I believe that's just about everything here," Inquisitor said, glancing around the room with barely masked disdain. The reporter resented having to act as a tour guide to someone he believed was merely some obscure scientist; although, if Zaparus' true identity were revealed, Inquisitor would be even less cordial. Inquisitor had once applied for membership of the Coalition of Corruption, but had been rejected on the grounds that he didn't actually possess a superpower. Easily slighted, Inquisitor would happily turn a Coalition agent over to the authorities. Zaparus found it highly ironic that of all the employees of the ISNN, Inquisitor was the one who ended up with this job."If you would be so kind as to follow me, Dr. Schuller, I'll show you to the main newsroom," Inquisitor continued, stepping aside to allow an intern with a stack of papers in his arms to rush by. Zaparus nodded silently, absentmindedly straightening the thick glasses he wore as part of his disguise. He was only half-hearing Inquisitor at this point; news reports and profiles filled his mind, making it difficult to focus on anything else.Before he really knew what had happened, Zaparus found himself in an enormous room full of cameras and catwalks, news anchors and teleprompters. Television and computer screens were everywhere, and a dull buzz accompanied the dozens of people milling around off-camera."Reports are continuing to pour in regarding the Lady Hexas situation," one news anchor stated calmly, staring levelly one of the cameras situated in front of his desk. "Large numbers of citizens have reportedly begun evacuating such major cities as London, Tokyo, and New York City, causing heavy traffic congestion. As the hours of Lady Hexas' ultimatum count down, there is still no word from the United Nations, and the pandemonium is only spreading.""The situation in Kazakhstan has only grown tenser in the past few hours, as sightings of what are described as 'mutant wolves' in the Kazakh forest steppe have been reported closer and closer to human settlements," another news anchor reported, shuffling through the papers in front of her. "Local Heroes have identified these creatures as Lupines, creatures used by the Coalition of Corruption as henchmen. With more on this unsettling turn of events, ISNN's own reporter Martin Weston is reporting live from Kazakhstan...""It has been over twenty-four hours since the kidnapping of Danielle Thomas, daughter of United States President Evangeline Thomas," a third anchor read, "and there is still no word on how the League fares in their investigation of the crime. As speculations over why the Coalition of Corruption would make such a bold move against the United States run rampant, the President herself had this to say:"A nearby television screen flashed a video clip of a strong-faced woman with a short brunette hair and glasses standing at a podium. "I have every faith in the League of Salvation and the Heroes working for our great nation, who are at this very moment searching for my daughter," she said. "I know that she will be recovered unharmed, and I refuse to be shaken by the underhanded tactics of the enemies of America."Across the room, a fourth anchor addressed her audience. "Tragedy struck today at the JFK International Airport as several members of the activist group 'the Legacy Activists Network' were killed during an attempted assassination of President Admiral Marshal General Vladimir Vassily Fortunov of Turehuata. Fortunov, a known affiliate of the League of Salvation who also goes by the alias Professor Perdition, escaped unharmed, but the battle between League Heroes and the would-be assassin took the lives of several civilians. The activists were among the many protesting the arrival of Professor Perdition on American soil."The ISNN was recently contacted by Legacy's leader, Paragon, who wished to broadcast a message to the general public:""In several African languages we have the proverb "I am, because you are". This means that your sense of being a human being is determined by the relationships you have with other people. As you know, this proverb has driven my thinking about human relationships, nature and the environment. As a member of Legacy, I am here to extend my condolences for the murders of three human beings, young activists motivated by hope for change in the global community."Some in the news have attempted to shift blame for these deaths on Legacy. Unlike the American government and their League of super-powered puppets, we do not have such skeletons in our closet. The tragedy at the John F. Kennedy International Airport was a result of failure, at both moral and national levels. The President Thomas' America props up tyrants like Professor Perdition, giving him political clout on the world stage to strut about in his garish costumes, purchasing arms left, right, and centre. She fails her citizens by giving 'supers' the freedom to play wrecking ball in your cities, neighbourhoods, places of worship and work. Your children are sacrificed to the altar of greed, corporate profits made off of the construction of unethical power and the royalties paid to the League for their members' places on the shelves of our stores. America's resources should not be spent on the feasts of dictators, or the continued treatment of superhumans as a 'privileged class' of mankind."The global economy is teetering on the brink of what could be a catastrophic recession, yet we still tolerate the mingling of the elected with wealthy corporate power brokers. Can we afford this unmerited privilege to the rich and the genetically lucky? No. There must be truth. The President, the whole of government, their chums on Wall Street, and even their dogs in the League will be called to account for ruthlessly tearing apart the environment, and disregarding the lives, liberty and pursuit of happiness of 99% of its people."What does Legacy stand for? The true heroes of the world. People of every age, race or genetic code willing to raise their voices against oppression, hypocrisy and incompetence. People working hard to survive in these difficult times. We believe in communities. That countries rich and poor, we cut across the range of divides that keep us apart. Until we recognise that we are all in this together, we will not be able to address the challenges that we face. Today we are at the crossroads. The future of the nation, and our planet is at stake. The effects of political philandering to the defilers of Earth and the cold disregard of core values of democracy are being felt by millions of people across the world. We need to be courageous and bold, peaceful and principled in coming together to ensure that we stop catastrophic climate change, the corporate corruption of government, and careless humans who would play god with our lives - the biggest challenges our planet has ever faced. "I am, because you are." That is what Legacy believes in, and here is where we will make our stand."The audio feed was supplemented on a nearby screen with several videos of a SuperHuman in a white suit identified in bold letters above the videos as Paragon. The first depicted Paragon defending civilians during the Technax invasion; the second showed him shoving a large whaling vessel backwards in the North Atlantic; and a third showcased the ensuing battle when a Hero tried to remove Paragon from the whaling fleet."In response to this verbal attack, an official statement from the League called Paragon 'opinionated' and 'misinformed,'" the news anchor continued. "The Secretary of SuperHuman Affairs was unavailable for comment."Keeping you informed with up-to-the-minute news coverage, this is Broadcast, and you're watching ISNN, your one-stop source for all SuperHuman news."~ Rumpelstiltskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin