To Save The World!

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"And we mean no suspicion," he said. "We need those supers off our backs as long as possible so we can grab Romulus."He looked towards the back rooms; Ivan had not left them once during the flight, nor had either of his friends. What was their deal, anyway? They had done nothing but hop, skip, and jump across dimensions for the last two hours, and although Tilian was definitely grateful for their assistance (pulling him out of a cabin with an angry Mr. Mystery and an unstable Negafire, helping restrain Captain Code, taking out that giant worm...thing... that they had brought with them) he was starting to wonder just how big of a potential risk they could be...He pushed the thoughts out of his head and motioned to Lone, cocking his head towards the door of the back room."Get Ivan. We're ready."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Dieter Geist, Grau/En Route to Arctic HQIC:

As an explosion could be heard from the town, Grau chuckled. He tossed Jocasta into the co-pilot's seat, tying her tightly to the chair so she couldn't do anything, along with giving her a blindfold. He shoved Madness into the back, tying him up even more tightly, blindfolding and gagging him. Then, sure that everything was good, he started up the tiltrotor and began to fly back to the Headquarters. With his wristwatch-communicator-thing, he called Grand Cross. The moment he answered, Grau would say, "Vell, I didn't azzazinate him. Inztead, I captured him and hiz librarian friend alive."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: Also, forgot to post Christian's profile.Real Name: Christian LetoAlias: CaigeAppearance: 6'1", 160 pounds, most of it muscle. Clean-cut and good-looking man in his mid-20s. Short, well-kept blonde hair and bright, engaging blue eyes. Extremely athletic physique from government work and his assignments as a hero. Has a mild natural tan.Powers: Able to enter the dreams and subconscious of those around him.Allegiance: League of SalvationArea: Formerly Los Angeles, California; now wherever the FBI assigns him.Bio: Christian spent the first twenty years of his life as a street bum who used his powers to figure out the best times to break into convenience stores. He was finally picked up by the Los Angeles branch of the League and was offered a pardon in return for his conscription into the League. Christian tentatively accepted and quickly became one of the best villain-catchers in the Southern California region. Days before the Technax Invasion, he was transferred to New York, where he helped martial superheroes to fight off the invaders. After the invasion, he joined up with the FBI; he currently works as a top Field Agent in its New York Branch. He's an expert marksman, one of the FBI's best, bilingual (English and Spanish) and he's a master of four hand-to-hand-combat styles (Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Brazilian Jujitsu, and good old fashioned bare knuckle brawling.) -Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: NilLocation: League Headquarters, L.A., CaliforniaThe espresso was near scalding, but Neil Boyd sipped it anyway.The League HQ's lobby was large and spacious; white walls curved into the ceiling and pillars, creating a flowing aesthetic whole. The windows, while not very large to provide less space for any attack to enter, allowed an effluence of sunlight to flood the room. The effect was bright and calming. Perhaps the extra morale was needed in these tough times. A desk and a receptionist sat across from the entrance, the former holding papers and a computer, the latter answering and redirecting calls.Neil could imagine the mainstream media flooding the League with questions: What's the latest on Lady Hexas? How do you plan to protect against attacks such as that of the Kazakh werewolves? How is Danielle Thomas to be recovered? Who bombed JFK International, and have they been apprehended?Of course, there were also the paparazzi who just wanted to take photos of superheroes like they were models. Some of them were, but that didn't justify the photographing.He sipped his coffee again, listening to the hum of conversation emanating from the far corners of the lobby and elsewhere through the building. Maybe he could catch wind of a story...OOC: If I've made an error in describing the lobby, tell me and I'll edit my post.

IC(Mr. No-One): "That is correct. Owing to some unfortunate activity on the part of the Coalition that kept me from clocking in for a year and a half, I'm only just entering my twenty-fourth year of active service with the Agency."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Siren (Los Angeles, California)"Leah? You ready?"IC: Caige (New York City, New York)After about five more minutes of studying Romulus' criminal history and trying to find links on Hexas (none to be found; she definitely had no prior record, and there was nothing suggesting she was some modified Sharkman the Coalition was testing), Christian got up, his chair swiveling as he did so, and moved out of the door of his office, walking into the elevator of the Federal Plaza office building that contained the New York Field Office and pressing the button for the lobby.Stepping out about sixty seconds later, he began to look for a Subway, or anywhere he could sit down and eat...OOC: Whenever you're ready, ToD.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

[iC - Mystic] You are correct, but I assure you, my physical limitations will not have a negative impact on the mission, Mystic telepathically replied to X-Calibur, perhaps just a bit defensively. My mental powers are more than sufficient to compensate. I merely require the sight of others to use in place of my own.She also picked up on Loadstone's thought as well, but did nothing to respond to him. Not that she didn't agree with what he was thinking - it was one thing to criticize the League's efforts, but another thing entirely to do so whilst using one's own powers for questionable ends - but this mission was neither the time nor the place to be discussing it. Besides, even though she could read people's thoughts, Mystic didn't feel like she ought to be barging in to their inner monologues. Just knowing she might be hearing their thoughts was enough to make people uneasy around her, no need to make things any worse by proving them right.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: If I've made an error in describing the lobby, tell me and I'll edit my post.

OOC: Can't make an error describing something no one's described before. :P The design of this base is all up to you guys.EDIT: Although, technically speaking, the League HQ's in NY. Maybe we could come up with a base name for the one out in LA so we don't get them confused?IC: (Loadstone)Telling Loadstone that technology was useless was like saying that the sun had decided to call in sick and take the week off. It was just not possible. X-Calibur's limited intel left a horde of questions in Loadstone's mind. Thermal imaging? Omega Radiation readings? Radioactivity levels? There was so much data that could be determined by an adequate scan of the area, Loadstone was tempted to put a call in to Tek himself. For all they knew, this could be the Coalition's Headquarters they were flying into. The least they could do is be prepared.~ Rumpelstiltskin Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

IC: (Lone)"I'll get him then." Lone got up and walked to the door and knocked loud enough that it should be herd in there. that done. Lone re-joined the group, and also did a ammo check. I'll have enough for this fight, but i need to re-stock my ammo soon​.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Geez, Magneta always seems to get stuck with these characters who aren't quite League yet. KJ's character, then Paige, now possibly Epsilon if he decides to follow them... My ferrokinetic is a /MAGNET/ for these character! *cricket chirps* ... Okay, no more puns, I'm sorry.IC: "Geez, Saosin, show some trust. I'm not gonna rat you guys out." He thought for a moment, considering the best way to go about this. "Okay, any of you guys who might be recognized in costume should go in plainclothes, and vice versa. This is where the Coalition goes for downtime, so it's not unusual to see plainclothes. I'll go in in costume, depending on who I see, I might have to duck back out and change quick. There's a couple members I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them, and I may not want to be recognized. Also, depending on who's in there, we may need someone to distract a couple people. I'll do that, but will understand of some people feel that I need some sort of caretaker in there."IC: Magneta nodded and walked back to Paige. "I've been instructed to take the jet to the LA League for refueling, and take a new jet back to New York. There's a team going out soon that I can jump in on. You're welcome to come if you'd like." Magneta then turned and headed out of the building, headed for the jet.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"It's not you I'm worried about," grumbled Tilian. "It's your nerves."IC: Siren (Los Angeles, California)"Alright!" Paige said, excited. "I'd be glad to come. Tilian's out on a mission and everything, and I mean, Ken's still out on his mission, and waiting around for them is boring, so..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: League Gallery of Los Angeles?IC(NPC) - Grand Cross @ The Coalition's Arctic HQ"Vell, I didn't azzazinate him. Inztead, I captured him and hiz librarian friend alive," buzzed Grau's voice from Grand Cross' wrist-communicator.The co-leader of the Coalition was displeased that Grau had failed to follow through with the assassination, but this was outweighed by the thought of potential information that could be extracted from their new prisoners. And at the very least they might provide useful genetic material for experimentation."Transport your prisoners to the Sinful Saloon," ordered Grand Cross. "From there Arscythe and Cobrahood will collect them from you. Once you have reached the Sinful Saloon you may consider your mission complete." He trusted Grau's skills as an assassin, but not as a delivery boy. Besides, Arscythe and Cobrahood both possessed mind-altering powers, which would be a good counter to Madness' abilities. Pressing some buttons on his wrist-communicator, Grad Cross dispelled the holographic image of Grau's face and summoned the image of a blank screen.IC - Gap @ The Sinful SaloonGap had watched Metallurge walk up to the bar and begin chatting to other Coalition members - if she was trying to find out about available missions, then she was certainly taking her time about it. A buzzing static noise broke through Gap's thoughts, and commanded the attention of most of the bar's patrons - for it was a sound they knew well. The Sinful Saloon's television was being utilised as a communicator; a moment later her father's face flickered into view."Cobrahood, Arscythe! One of our assassins, name of Grau, will be arriving here with two prisoners soon. You are to transport them to Bastille."A lean man in a purple supersuit, Arscythe, frowned at having his free time interrupted. Cobrahood continued to look depressed. Many of the other villains exchanged knowing smirks. Bastille was a Coalition prison. It was by no means the worst of the lot - but it was the worst the Coalition had managed to hide within the security-conscious United States. If a member of the Coalition was deemed too bloodthirsty to carry out missions properly they were usually promoted to the rank of Bastille Torture Officer.Gap chewed her lip thoughtfully. She didn't know where Bastille was, so she couldn't create a wormhole there, but perhaps she could help the pair in their transport mission anyway?IC - Gadgeteer @ Kansas"I will not be recognised," said Gadgeteer confidently...

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Subway NetworkIC:

Taylor sat on a bench near a pretzel vendor, mulling over everything that had just happened as she nibbled on one of the salty pieces of twisted bread. That Steven guy was a master at disappearing randomly, or so it seemed, the crisis had been averted (or so she assumed), and now she was left on the streets of New York with no way home except the subway. The problem with that was that her purse, and thus her cell phone and wallet, had been lost in the confusion earlier. Plus, her ride was kind of destroyed... Still, she needed to contact someone or borrow money from a random passerby.

Dieter Geist, Grau/En Route to Sinful SaloonIC:

Grau rolled his eyes, sensing the disapproval in Grand Cross's voice. Before he could explain that this was an RPG and he couldn't kill PCs ask if he should go ahead and accompany them just for extra protection, even if his mission would be "complete," Grand Cross disconnected. With a sigh, Grau turned the tiltrotor according to the change of destination.

Edited by Ballistic Jello Pickles

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: "My nerves? What /about/ my nerves?" Negafire asked as he lowered the stairs to get off the jet. "Is this about before, with the thing in the room? Dude, he took me by surprise and I thought I was going to die. I know what I'm getting into now, we'll be fine." He then climbed off the jet, waiting outside for the rest of the group.IC: "Speaking of Ken..." Magneta muttered, patching her communicator through the jet's speakers as they took off. She tried calling Plasmafire again, and was met with a burst of static. "His communicator still is out of range... I've never seen that happen before. Well... It'll just be a few minutes to the Gallery, so don't get comfortable."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Sounds like the most unpretentious name in LA.IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"Oh, for the love of..." Tilian muttered. "I might be. I was on the Mothership last month; I got interviewed a couple times as Saosin. Hang on..."He walked into the bathroom and walked out about two minutes later, wearing brown colored contact lenses, tight black jeans, a skullcap that covered his blonde tresses, and a distinctly plain black t-shirt."I'm as unrecognizable as I can get," he said with a shrug.IC: Caige (Subway System, New York City)As Christian walked, he pulled out his iPhone and began to watch, for the first time, Paragon's speech; as he walked, his eyes on the screen, he took sips of his Double Chocolate chip Frappuchino. Unlike their counterparts at the Agency, FBI agents knew where to position a Starbucks. The caffeine, however, did nothing to soothe Christian's frayed nerves."Well, isn't this just bloody fantastic," groaned Christian, as the speech ended. "As if our Bureau didn't have enough to do in the first--"He was cut off mid-gripe as he bumped into a bench, sending his coffee and phone flying into the air, hovering precariously over a young, rather attractive woman's head. Only the FBI agent's razor quick reflexes managed to stop the cold coffee from hitting her; the iPhone, on the other hand, clattered to the pavement, and he cursed mentally"My apologies, ma'am," he said. -Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Not that I have a problem with League Gallery, but what do you guys think of League Studios of LA?IC: (NPC - Sinful Saloon)One of the shadows by the exit of the Sinful Saloon shifted rather suddenly, resolving into a hooded figure leaning casually against the wall, surveying the scene within the tavern. The telltale glint of his three-pronged staff marked him as Mr. Mystery, though by his stance it was clear that he was not there on any Coalition business. Perhaps he had simply decided to take a break from directing Coalition affairs, or maybe he was waiting for someone in particular...OOC: Just a neutral observer at the moment; he's only there spook Negafire some more.~ Rumpelstiltskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

IC: EpsilonCorey sat in his crumby apartment, watching some show about a clone of Abraham Lincoln attending high school or something. He hadn't been paying attention. Instead, his mind had been on his possible recruitment into the league. The receptionist had told him that a league jet was on its way, but it would be a while. That meant that the only thing to do was wait.

67tlbk.png

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Subway NetworkIC:

Goddess, however, also had rather excellent reflexes, and her hand shot out to grab the phone a split second before it would have hit and possibly broken. Quickly recovering from almost punching the agent in the face, she replied, "It's... it's fine. Here's your iPhone... Actually, can I borrow it for a moment? My limo crashed earliera, and my purse got lost, and now I'm left here waiting for someone to let me use their cell phone. If you don't mind... By the way, my name is Taylor."

IC: Caige (Subway System, New York City)"Oh, yeah, sure," Christian said, his look of surprise switching to one of a guy who wanted to help. "The unlock code probably reset when I dropped it; between the FBI and the League, security can be a nightmare, you know? Code is 1151."He smiled at her and took a sip of his coffee, trying to recover from the shock of having watched her dart out towards the phone."I'm Christian."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Not that I have a problem with League Gallery, but what do you guys think of League Studios of LA?

OOC: Personally, I'd recommend sticking with Gallery; unless the League has decided to branch out into making blockbuster movies, I can't really think of a reason to justify calling it that without seeming a bit silly.[iC - Hivemind] Hivemind sidled up to the bar - as it turned out, Dare orders a pretty weak martini - and motioned over to the barkeep for something stronger. She winced as a burst of static rang in her ear, Grand Cross barking out orders at Coalition lackeys whose names Hivemind couldn't place to faces, and didn't particularly care enough to try. This was one of the reasons Hivemind rarely frequented the Sinful Saloon - the other big one being drinking alone inherently got depressing real fast. Honestly, how was she supposed to drink in peace with the bosses occasionally popping up to bark orders she didn't care about, at people she didn't care about?Well, it looked like Grand Cross was talking about some sort of prisoner transfer about to go down; a seedy dive like this seemed hardly secure enough for such an undertaking, in Hivemind's opinion, but then again not many bars were run by the largest criminal organization in the world. Hivemind leaned against the bar and watched the entrance, looking slightly disinterested. Maybe the transfer might be interesting, she supposed. Anything to liven this place up a little bit.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"Out of curiosity, Ember, how well do you know the layout to this place? I mean, I know it's the Coalition's bar of choice, but it's nice to have a good concept of spots we can use for cover, possible emergency exits, etc. etc. I can have them memorized the nanosecond you give 'em to me."As he spoke, Tilian drew the M-45 out of his back waistband and checked the ammo before dropping several more magazines into his pockets.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Uh, when you walk in, the bar is to your left, and the goes the entire length of the room. There's pool tables in the middle, about... Five or six, if I remember right... Tables and seating on the right side of the room, bathrooms down at the end, along with the emergency exits. Very few windows. Random potted plants all over too. That's about it..." Ember stopped as a thought occured to him. He stepped away from Tillian for a moment, and a flash of fire engulfed him. When it faded away, N-Ber was gone, replaced by Ember, a normal looking boy in his late teens with a few scars on his face. "Less people will recognize me this way... Heck, /he/ might not recognize me."IC: The pair flew in silence for a few minutes, before making a smooth touchdown at the League Gallery. Magneta escorted Paige inside, dropping off the keys to the jet. They were told that the potential recruit, Epsilon, would be along shortly, and to head for their replacement jet.

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)Tilian stopped checking his gun and looked up."Do you know if he'll be inside?"IC: Siren (League Gallery, Los Angeles)"Thank you," Paige said politely to the receptionist as she and Leah began to walk."How exactly do you apply for the League?" she asked, intrigued. -Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: NilA familiar face entered Neil's peripheral vision. The corner of his mouth twitched upward."Paige!" he called, lifting his coffee cup in greeting. She'd talked to Neil a couple times in the past, nothing big, but she ought to recognize him for it. "How've things been?" he asked as he stood up.

Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: Legolover, Paige isn't the only person Neil should recognize. Magneta, (Leah) is also an ISNN reporter, who recently revealed her secret identity. They'd probably be acquainted.IC: .Negafire shrugged, and headed for the Saloon. "I have no idea. There's a chance he will be though, and I don't want to risk that."IC: Leah chuckled in response to Paige's question. "It's pretty simple, you fill out a form at any base, and if that goes through, you go to an interview. Pass that, and it's a simple class on League policies and procedures. Then, you're in! Why, do you have powers? Are you interested?" Leah would have to wait for a response, as a voice cried out to Paige.

IC: Siren (League Gallery, Los Angeles)"Actually, yeah," said Paige, blushing a bit. "I can read the minds and thoughts of people when they sing, and it's--"She turned around at the sound of her name being yelled and smiled softly."Oh, uh...hi, Neil."IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"Oh."Tilian crossed himself and kissed his hand before gesturing upwards to the sky before turning back to Whistler."Yeah," he said. "Be ready to get the jet going."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Yeah, Tyler told me about Leah, but he said Neil might not recognize her in her supersuit. I can have Neil recognize Leah, too, once he nears her.IC: Nil"Hi," Neal said in return to Paige, matching her shy smile with one of his own.He glanced to the other woman. "...Leah, right?" he asked, inclining his head in greeting to her. "I heard some rumors about you, but I haven't been watching TV recently so I didn't know for sure."

Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: My reasoning was that according to the timeline we've been working on, Leah would have revealed her identity this morning. Seeing as Neil has been out and about looking for a story, he wouldn't have heard about it yet.IC: Siren (League Gallery, Los Angeles)"About the superhero thing?" Paige asked softly. -Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: ... Actually, Tyler's got a point. I think I was confused about the timeline after the Invasion, and... Yeah, that puts her reveal within the past couple days, absolute max... Well dang.IC: Leah chuckled and nodded to Paige. "Considering that's my big news, I'm going to assume it's the superhero thing, yes." She turned back to Neil and nodded, smiling. "Hey Neil. What rumors have you heard, exactly? I'll try to clear them up while we wait for this new guy."

IC: Nil"The usual rumors after an identity reveal." Neil took a sip of his coffee before continuing. "Apart from you being a superhero, a third of the people I've heard think you have some ulterior motive for revealing your identity, another third claim it goes against comic book wisdom, and half -- the desperate half -- swear you ought to be a supermodel."

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: Leah laughed at the supermodel comment, activating her powers subtly. The magnetic threads in her supersuit suddenly shifted polarity, falling into the background as her plainclothes became the prominent fabric. "Would you believe the only reason I'm not is because of my hair?" She asked, motioning to the frazzy, bouncy red mass atop her head. "But seriously, the only motive I had for doing it was that it made my life easier. As for the comic book wisdom... Well, life isn't a comic book. Everybody I care about can take care of themselves, they're not in danger by me taking off my mask, so to speak. Have you heard any other rumors about me?"

OOC: Beardy, I think Transairion's waiting on a reply.IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League HQA quiet nod was the only response X-Calibur made to Mr. No-One. After a moment he turned to Ultionis:"Have you had much stealth training?"IC - Gap @ The Sinful SaloonGap stood up. Metallurge was still laughing and drinking with the other patrons up at the bar, and Gap was getting impatient. She strode over to the table where Cobrahood sat drinking from his bottle of snake wine. As she made the brief journey, her gaze caught the telltale glint of a three-pronged staff from a short distance away... looking towards the exit she noticed Mr. Mystery. It was very rare to see someone as high-ranking as him in a place like this. Gap considered asking him if there were any available missions, but decided against it. During her childhood he'd often made visits to her house, having to discuss Coalition matters with her parents, and had even taken the time to play with her. In Gap's crime-centred life he was the closest thing she had to an uncle, and so asking him for help wouldn't really be an act of independence on her part, which was the whole point of this objective. She carried on towards Cobrahood...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"Listen," Tilian said, walking about two feet behind Ember. "I know you're nervous about this; to be honest, I sort of am, too. But not because of the Coalition, because of this Romulus guy. The Coalition isn't going to try and burn down their own bar just to kill us if we're not even gunning for them. With all the safe houses we've taken out, losing one of the few they have would be stupid."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: NilNeil shook his head, mulling over Leah's earlier statement: It made life easier... Would revealing his identity make his life easier? Or did it help to be able to just... disappear?"You're sometimes included in superheroine hotness polls, apparently, but so is every other superheroine known to single men, so that doesn't count." He glanced to Paige, who stood off to the side silently, and changed the subject to include her. "Any particular reason why you two are visiting?"

IC - Gadgeteer @ KansasA thought had occurred to Gadgeteer. "There may be several psychics inside the building. We should try to think... unsuspicious thoughts, things that will not make them suspect that we are not villains." Not particularly hard for Gadgeteer, given that he was a villain...

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"That'd be an issue for me, then," Tilian said. "Photographic memory. If people look hard enough, they'll be able to see anything and everything."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

NPC: Ultionis, silent up to this point mostly to avoid getting caught up in some argument again, glanced over at X-Calibur and replied "Four years U.S. Marines, plus SpecOps training. I brought a suit of forest camo armor-" He gestured to the jet, where he'd left a few toys in preparation for the trip. "-so I can handle stealth ops. You managed pretty well at the factory. Any official training?"(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?