To Save The World!

IC (Dr. Creation)His robot had returned as expected and one more stain upon the planet had been brushed away. This was a fine start to his crusade but he would need to step up his campaign soon enough. Taking the corrupt and decadent down by one’s or two’s wasn’t going to cut it. He needed a grand gesture something that would remove hundreds of them.Making his way over to his work desk, he leafed through it until he found a very interesting article on Wallstreet….

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC:Real Name: Jerome Selinardi. (Never uses it, only a very, very few people know his actual name.)Alias: Socrates.Gender: Male.Age: 31.Appearance: Jerome is about 5'10, with close cropped black hair. His skin is moderately pale, although not noticably so. His face is a little long, and set in what appears to be a perpetually thoughtful look. His eyes are a murky grey. He wears clothing of faded black inlaid with dark green edging, designed to be shock absorbing and mobile. He wears greaves and vambraces of leather-like material, and his boots are flexible and metal toed. He wears gloves that are close fitting, with with padded protection on the backs of hand and finger, although not enough to impair flexibility. The elbow portion of his vambraces that cover his elbows taper swiftly into a metal spike, as do the tops of his greaves. Lastly, he wears a close fitting, flexible, peaked helmet that allows good protection, sight and mobility at the same time.Power: Socrates's power is twofold: his main power is over hearing. He can increase or decrease a person or a group of peoples' hearing to range from absolute deafness to hearing several hundred times their normal hearing. He can also do theis to only one ear, allowing him, to further confuse an opponent in battle, make them hear things that are not actually there, and suchlike. He can also increase the ability to hear a particular sound or group of sound, or sound coming from a particular area. His secondary sound power is sonar.Abilities: An extremely skilled archer, Jerome relies on this ability in combat as much as he does his powers. Second to this is his skill with twin one handed swords, which he uses for melee combat. He is also skilled in some other types of swords, is a good shot with most guns, and has some skill with a knife, although it is one of his least favorite weapons to use. He has exceptional strength, especially in arms and back. He has keen eyesight and can hit almost anything he aims at. His reflexes are excellent, and he is far faster and more agile than the normal person due to both natural athletic skills and intense training. He is skilled as silent moving, and also at moving relatively unseen.Weapon(s): Jerome's primary weapon is a recurve bow with a 120 pound draw weight. the limbs are made of reinforced laminated fiberglass while the handle is lightweight metal, and is strong enough to be used to some extent as a melee weapon. The limbs and handle are designed to snap one, allowing him to assemble his bow in a matter of seconds: there are two sheaths on the vest he wears that hold them, and the handle attaches to his belt. The string is strung on via mechanics, relieving him of the task of manually stringing. He has two twin swords, each about two and a half feet in length, of tempered steel with round crosspieces and blunted pommels. A button on the handle of each can cause an electrical current to shoot through the blade with the same power as a stun arrow. However, each current will not last for more than five seconds. Last he has a concealed knife in his left greave.Other Equipment: Jerome wears a quiver on his back with the maximum capacity of 150 arrows, with special sections for different arrows. Besides regular arrows, he uses several types of special arrows. All his arrows have special nocks which magnetically attach to the string of his bow, allowing him to fire an arrow in a matter of a few seconds. His special arrows are as follows:-Explosive: These do not have a standard point but one that looks more like a suction cup. It magnetically attaches to metal surfaces. They explode a second after this, although they can be set to explode on contact.-Boomerang arrows: These arrows are heavily barbed, and automatically return to Jerome after he fires, in many cases dragging his target with it. The barbs in the head expand a split second after contact so that the arrow is less likely to simply rip out.-Shock arrows: Releases an electrical shock upon hitting, strong enough to stun a person. Since joining the League, they're his most commonly used arrows.-Sabotage arrows: Magnetically adheres to metal surfaces, but has the same point as a normal arrow. It can short circuit almost all electric-based machinery.-Grapnel arrows: Although one of his most useful, Socrates only carries about five of these on him normally. Their heads are shaped like a small grapnel hook, and can expand barbed tentacles upon activation. It connects to Socrates's bow by a small reel and control panel, clipped right next to a second handgrip on his handle, allowing him to control it while hanging on with both hands.His clothing is made of cloth of similar, but tougher design to kavlar, with limited shock absorption. His helmet normally leaves his face unprotected, but it has a facemask of the same cloth as the rest of his clothing. Built into it are glasses, with three different types of lens: normal vision, magnifying, and night vision. All three lenses are made of extremely durable and tough plastic, but they are nonetheless a weak point in his armor. His greaves and vambraces are mostly for show, as they offer the same protection as the rest of his clothing. Lastly, for most missions he has a small headset build ito his helmet that he uses for communications. When not using this, he uses a slightly old fashioned cell phone.Allegiance: League of Salvation.Area: Washington state.Personality: Jerome is normally laid back and quiet, with a tenancy to think instead of acting, and following instead of leading. He has a strong sense of right and wrong, to the point that he will openly question the actions of the League, a tenancy that has not made him extremely popular. His super name originated as a joke among most people who knew him: he talked so thoughtfully and philosophical that they called him Socrates, partially as an insult. He named himslf that shortly after.Bio: Jerome's powers were with him since a young age, and in fact his accuracy was sometimes thought to be a superpower. He was an avid archer, starting his career with a sumac branch and a shoelace when he was five, and never looking back. By the time he was twelve, he was outshooting people almost twice his age. Quiet a laid back, he little by little began discovering his powers over sound, using it to dampen his footsteps and voice. He was the person who blended into the crowd and was never noticed. At length he became a bit of an evesdropper with his hearing abilities.Everything changed however, when he was eighteen. His powers and skills, it seemed, had not been unnoticed. He was approached with an offer which he found hard to refuse. Good pay, lodging, and training for his skills and powers. The adopted son of now dead parents, he had little ties to hold him back. So he joined what was in reality a mercenary corporation. It had for the main portion of its agents regular people, but he was among a small  corps of supers. The agency had been watching him for some time, enough to observe not only his powers but his character; moralistic, more of a thinker than a fighter. They decided on concealment and deception. After five years of intensive training, Jerome became an operative. They sent him only one special missions, ones where there was little to no assassination, and where his targets at least appeared to be evil.His undoing came in the form of a mission of particular high importance, and directed at a supervillian. He completed it, but instead of killing, he only wounded one of his targets guards, a super with the power of Psychometry and mind reading. She tracked him down, ambushing him just after he completed another mission. They had a furious fight, which was a complete stalemate. Then the villainness used her power to figure out just what Jerome knew about what he worked for. She resorted to manipulation, telling him just what his agency did and stood for. He refused to believe her, and the fight continued. In the end she managed to escape, almost beaten. Jerome never disclosed the fight, but his curiosity was roused, and he began ferreting information to find that the villainness had been right. He stole as much of his equipment as he could, and then vanished, hoping never to return. He had at one point done freelance work for the League of Salvation, and gravitated towards it, becoming a full fledged member. He specializes in infiltration and capture, as much as he sometime regrets not being allowed to kill the more corrupt and evil villains he targets. The no kill law of the League sometimes, although not too often, conflicts with his beliefs, and he secretly views it as a matter of time before he breaks it, if only by accident.  He is occasionally plagued by dreams and memories of his life as an agent, confused and guilty in light of the full knowledge about his employers; he also lives with the inert fear that his old employers, sooner or later, might track him down, a main reason of his joining the League in the first place.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

OOC: Quite right, I missed that completely.IC(Fellwyd): The alien soldier noticed both blades whirling towards him, but the angle of the first one's turn gave him an idea - it was possible, he thought, that Mastermind's control over the blades was not precise enough to allow for swift, accurate maneuvering.Waiting until the last second, the alien flattened himself to the ground and rolled to the left, just as the blades converged on the spot where his head had just been. If he was right, the blades would collide with unknown consequences. If he was wrong, then Mastermind had just bluffed him into a very vulnerable position.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League HQ"No... I've infiltrated a few buildings and such in the five years I've been a superhero, but any stealth skills have been learned on the job, so to speak, so I wouldn't presume to be anywhere near your level." He looked over to Mystic. "You can use your psychic abilities to tap into the sight of others. What about hearing? Could you transmit the things one person sees and hears to another? Could you do it with multiple people?" He then added "I may have a plan," by way of explanation for his questioning. Of course, a moment later he realised that Mystic could probably have figured that out without being told anyway.IC - Gadgeteer @ KansasGadgeteer couldn't think of anything to say in response to Saosin, other than 'We'll just have to hope no-one looks that hard,' which was the sort of thing he didn't like saying. In general, he liked his missions to be well-researched and thoroughly planned out before embarking on them. They were practically walking in blind here. If this was how the League conducted all of their missions, he just couldn't imagine how they'd gotten to be the most prominent superhuman force in the world. Maybe it was just strength of numbers...

IC: "Don't worry, if there's anyone scanning brains in there, they won't go past a superficial thought grab unless we give them reason to. So... Don't give anyone reason to." Ember shrugged as they appeoached the Saloon. "So... Just tge three of us?"IC: Leah shrugged, glancing at Paige. "We got word that a news station out here was going to blow the cover of the team going after Lady Hexas, so we flew out here to stop thr boadcast. However, the team did a pretty good job of blowing their cover themselves... Now, we're waiting on a League recruit so we can go back to New York and hop onto a mission. I've already invited Paige, and you're welcome to join us if you have powers, or can at least take care of yourself." It wouldn't surprise Magneta if Neil had some sort of power, a lot of ISNN reporters did nowadays.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

NPC: "No kidding," Ultionis remarked drily - though this time there seemed to be a bit of friendliness breaking through the stoicism. Just a bit. He covered it up by looking over at Mystic, silently awaiting her answer.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC - Gadgeteer @ Kansas"We are not progressing without Lone," said Gadgeteer firmly as they stepped out of the jet. "He has gone to check on Ivan. As to whether Ivan will be coming... that is up to him." For all Viktor knew Ivan had wormholed away without telling anybody. He wouldn't mind that, actually...

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"God forbid he's the one who gets to Romulus first," Tilian muttered. "We need him lucid and, preferably, I dunno...willing to talk." He looked at Ember, then at Gadgeteer."Either of you got any moral conundrums about torturing mercs?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC - Gadgeteer @ Kansas"I will do whatever is necessary to complete the mission," answered Gadgeteer. Then, realising that sounded a bit suspect, "after all, many lives are still at risk. I am thinking of the bigger picture..."

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"Fair enough," Tilian said with a slight raised eyebrow. "Your call."He looked towards the bar and suddenly had a thought."What if there's another pyrokinetic inside?" he asked Negafire. "Could he manipulate your powers?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Subway NetworkIC:

"Thanks, Christian" replied Taylor with a smile. After calling her driver and telling him where she was, she hung up and handed the phone back to Christian. "You work with the League?"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Caige (Subway System, New York)"Not as much now that the FBI has me doing fieldwork," Christian said with a sigh, "but yes. Mainly, my work with the League has become stopping minor villains around the city and supplying information from the FBI d-bases to heroes on missions. Like, for example, this Lady Hexas thing? The shark lady? I've spent all afternoon trying to find a place where we can find her and bring her down. Nothing. So every FBI office in the country's spent all afternoon trying to track down, quite literally, a fish out of water. It's not fun."He laughed a bit and shook his head."But you probably don't want to hear me complain. How did your limo crash? Are you okay and everything...?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Subway NetworkIC:

Taylor glanced around casually as she replied, "Well, I was on my way to a modelling appointment, and then two villains showed up. Thankfully, uh, two heroes also appeared and helped get rid of them. You didn't hear about it, what with your job?"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Caige (Subway System, New York City)"Like I said," said Christian with a grin, "my entire afternoon has been spent courting Lady Hexas. Now that we've taken her killsat out of the air - which isn't public knowledge, by the way - we're focusing all our efforts on finding her before she can try to destroy a city anyway."He shrugged and took his last sip of coffee, tossing the empty cup into a nearby recycle bin."So you model, huh?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:The world phased in an out of Jocasta's focus. She felt sick, yet she saw the city below her. She seemed to be locked in a dak grey room and Madness seemed to be sitting there, looking at where the intangible person sat.Then she had a gigantic headache and fell gladly back to sleep.

"Wer Traumt?"

[iC - Mystic] "Uh... yes, I can pick up hearing as well as sight; if it's processed in the brain, I can sense it," Mystic said. There was just a hint of uncertainty in her voice as she continued. "As for transmitting that information into other minds... erm... it is something I can do, but it would require significant concentration on my part. I... I would need to hear a bit more about your plan before I could say if it's possible."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Here's an image I should have finished a long time ago: Lionheart!

Lionheart-2.png

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League HQX-Calibur addressed most of the group as he answered, figuring that if they all heard his plan they could voice objections if need be. "Here's what I have in mind at the moment: we approach in a League Jet, invisible of course, with Skyra manipulating air currents to mask any obvious turbulence. A short distance from the target location, we drop off Ultionis and Mr. No-One into the forest. They approach stealthily, keeping an eye out for traps - the Coalition has put a lot of effort into keeping this location secret, so any defenses will be equally discreet. Mystic broadcasts what they see and hear into my mind. The minute they encounter anything suspicious, we head down to help. Loadstone, let's say it's a base we find. It'll probably be made mostly of metal. Can you use your magnetic abilities to sense the size and shape of a structure..?"

IC(Ember): Ember shook his head at Tillian's question. "Another pyro can't force me to activate my powers. If I were, say, holding a fireball, he might be able to manipulate it, but it really all comes down to who's the stronger of us. And for the record, I also have no problem with torture. I /am/ the embodiment of Plasmafire's dark side, after all."IC(Leah): Leah nodded, smiling. "I'm sure we'd be happy to have you, Neil." At that moment, another man walked up to them, introducting himself as Epsilon. Leah grinned, here he was! "Ah, Epsilon! We've been waiting for you!" She held up the keys to a new jet and jingled them. "Let's go, New York waits for no hero!"OOC: Alright, I was kind of hoping to warp time a little bit and have that exchange with Leah, Paige, Neil, and Epsilon happen a few hours before what's going on in NY, thus giving them time to get there before the group leaves. Does anyone have any objections?

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC; (Lone)At that moment, Lone walked up, ready to go. "Thanks for not leaving me behind this time guys."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"Yeah, uh...sorry about that," Tilian said bashfully, slipping on a hoodie. "That was my slip up..."He didn't see any purpose in throwing Gadgeteer under the bus; the Russian had led them pretty well so far, even if his methods were shady and he was getting information from someone, and in return, he had Tilian's cooperation and loyalty."So, then, we're ready to go? All four of us here?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC(Negafire): The pyrokinetic nodded and placed a hand on the door. "If I run out screaming," He said, "Get back to the jet, because that means the plan has /already/ failed." With that last failed attempt at humor, he pushed open the door and walked inside. His eyes were immediately drawn to three people. Hivemind. Gap. Mr. Mystery... Great. As the rest filed in behind him, ember turned casually to them. "Alright, the bathrooms are in the back, I'll show you guys." He turned again abd headed to the bathroom, desperately hoping that nobody recognized him out of costume...IC(Magneta): "Even if he can't, I can." Magneta said, leading her small group towards X-Calibur. "I'm Magneta, I was instructed to come with you guys and bring Epsilon here. We picked up a couple more on the way." OOC: Nobody objected, and I want to get them in before it's too late... If anyone has a problem with this, I'll change it.

OOC: I'm on a roll tonight! Set your sights on the stylish singer, Saosin!

Saosin.png

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League HQ

"Brilliant," said X-Calibur. "Who're your friends? I need names and powers. I'm trying to come up with a plan of approach. I suppose you need filling in on what the mission actually is, right?"

IC - Gadgeteer @ The Sinful Saloon

The armoured Russian's armour protected him from the stench of the place as they walked in. It wasn't his first time visiting a criminal hangout. During his earlier years as Dreadnought, before the days of the internet and other widespread forms of communication, he'd been forced to visit some seedy bars in order to gather information on potential missions or employers. The part he hated most was having to socialise with the regulars; pretending he cared about their opinions or bad jokes. Still, it meant he knew how to carry himself as he walked into the Sinful Saloon. He put on his best don't-f***-with-me swagger as he marched after his teammates. He even managed to make the clanking of his armour sound intimidating.

IC - Gap @ The Sinful Saloon

Gap had just reached the table where Cobrahood sat when her attention was drawn to the arrival of four more villains - she could hardly ignore it, what with the bronze one clanking so loudly. She didn't recognise a single one of them, which she found curious. Either they were some of the Coalition's newer recruits or solo villains. Non-Coalition villains rarely visited the Sinful Saloon in groups, though. Then again she'd thought Mr. Mystery visiting the place was rare, yet there he was. Perhaps she just hadn't spent enough time here to know what was unusual and what wasn't.

She sat down in an empty chair beside Cobrahood. He was still clutching his bottle of snake wine and wearing an expression of misery.

"Uh..." said Gap. "Do you um... want my help with your mission..?"

OOC: Jesus, he looks hardcore. Bravo.IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)Tilian brushed a stray lock of blonde hair out of his eyes and walked after Gadgeteer, careful to walk with a slight swagger and a deadpan face.I could use a drink...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Dr. Creation, Maplesville, Mary’s Café, Virginia)Theodore Short sipped his coffee in silence, his robot had returned without incident and he had elected to visit one of the nearby towns. This small township, Maplesville, was by far one of his favorites. The people were friendly, crime was low and the number of corrupt public figures didn’t even have to be tallied. He’d made a point of coming here at least once a week. This particular part of town, a small café in the town square was his preferred business in the area.The owner, a small woman named Mary had emigrated here from the Middle East, Yemen to be precise. She’d been much quicker than most to accept when he had wondered into the town a year or so ago wearing clothing that were so out of date that half of them thought he was late to some sort of reenactment….the other half had thought him insane. Over time though, as he returned week after week, they had grown to accept him.Theodore eyed the rest of the café’s patrons; he could see some faces he recognized, but no teachers from the local school. That was quite disappointing; he quite enjoyed conversing with them. He would have liked to have chatted with them before he left for the city. But that did not appear possible.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

NPC: Ultionis frowned, luckily hidden by the mask. More variety in powers was good, but if this op was stealth-oriented numbers would be a disadvantage. The sudden appearance of more members would be great if they were assaulting a fortified installation directly but now it was more likely one or more of them would get restless and jump the gun. Or they might screw up with some rookie mistake. Or just have no respect for authority in general and charge in anyway. Speaking of authority, he took a moment to assess how X-Calibur was doing. The man seemed to have a natural leadership talent - something Ultionis would admit he didn't possess - and commanded respect among the heroes, though that might be partly due to his veteran reputation. He also appeared to have good strategic skills, something the soldier could well respect. Since he could probably count the number of Leaguers who trusted him on one hand, he would be willing to follow X-Calibur's plans for the duration of the mission.(H-D)NPC: Carapace had considered sending Gadgeteer a bit of information to help him through the Saloon, but he seemed to know his way around this kind of hole just fine. So instead he shifted the show to a side-screen and went back to sweeping the little, whaling village in Japan that supposedly housed a criminally incompetent supervillain shark. Honestly, if the stakes weren't so high he would have left the case to the League or someone else... well, that, and he did have his suspicions. Intelligent or no, sharks didn't come by orbital weaponry on their own, after all.{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: A hat trick! Here's everyone's favourite phaser, Fade!

FadeNew.png

IC - Gap @ The Sinful Saloon

Cobrahood looked up at Gap with unfocused eyes, but said nothing. Gap spoke again, a little louder this time. "I can create wormholes. I can help you to transport the prisoners faster."

Cobrahood's head fell, resting on his chest. "Go 'way," he slurred, then took another swig of the snake wine.

Gap frowned. "You're about to embark on a mission. You've had enough to drink." She reached to take the bottle out of Cobrahood's hand, but he pulled his arm away sharply.

"I sssaid go 'way!" Snapped the snake-theme villain. He glared at Gap with fierce eyes... mesmerising eyes... no! With a degree of effort Gap broke out of Cobrahood's hypnotic gaze and slapped him. The villain reeled, stunned, then leapt to his feet with a hiss, two venomous fangs extending from the roof of his mouth. Though intended to be threatening, his gesture was marred by the swaying, drunken way in which he performed it. Gap's frown intensified. Now this was a familiar sort of situation to her. When she'd been in charge of G-Force she'd had to deal with Gunbarrel's drunkenness many a time. The key was not to make a move.

"What do you think you're doing?" She said sternly. "You take a step toward me - or another swig of that wine - then I promise you'll regret it."

"Y'... y'dont' ssscare me," growled Cobrahood. "You gotta problem with me, you sssay it to my face!" Well beyond coherent thought.

"Are you going to sit down?"

"'m gonna... gonna kill you! Stu- ssstupid girl, you don' know nothin' about me!"

"Cool off, or I'll make you."

Cobrahood lurched on the spot for a moment, trying to process what Gap had said. Then with another hiss, he lunged forwards - Gap rolled to the side, concentrated hard, and instead of hitting the floor Cobrahood met the swirling black shape of a wormhole. He tumbled into the darkness and out of sight. The rest of G-Force at their base in the Alps would be getting a new visitor right about now...

IC: (Lone)"Well, that's nice. wounder were he went." just before they had gone into the bar Lone did a color swap using the nanoforge. instead of the normal white and gold he had, it was traded for black ans blood red. it was to help look like a villian. course, if a fight broke out, the color would drop if the hits started to pile up. It was nanites that made up the color, and they could be destroyed in a fight easy they way they were set up.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)Tilian stopped and half-turned towards the woman who had opened the wormhole and tilted his head ever-so-slightly. His "brown" eyes suddenly flickered as half-rumors and stories from around the League all drifted together, followed by a statement made in passing by Negafire no more than an hour and a half ago..."I... I... I have conditions. Gap, one of the other members, I want her spared."Gap. Wormholes.Gap. The daughter of Grand Cross.It was then and there that Tilian realized just how unlikely it was that they would all leave this bar alive.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: I'm going to assume that Loadstone made this comment before Magneta; given what she said, and the differences between their two powers, it would make sense that she can sense what he can't.IC: (Loadstone)"That would depend on the type of metal involved," Loadstone replied after a moment's thought. "I can only sense ferrous metals that way; anything that can't be magnetized, like lead, would be invisible to me. So I might be able to, but I can't be sure I'll be able to sense the metal they used...""Even if he can't, I can." Magneta said, leading her small group towards X-Calibur. "I'm Magneta, I was instructed to come with you guys and bring Epsilon here. We picked up a couple more on the way."Loadstone turned and gave Magneta a quizzical look. He wasn't sure how he felt about having another metal-themed Hero on the team; the pros and cons were evenly balanced when it came down to fighting. She wasn't bad looking, though...Forget all that about fighting; having an attractive Heroine who knew a thing or two about magnetism and metal on the mission was a dream come true. Maybe he could get her number...IC: (NPC - Mr. Mystery)Mr. Mystery watched the new arrivals with interest. He was unsure how many of the Coalition members present would be fooled by their vague attempt at blending in, but Mr. Mystery knew exactly who they were. He was also interested in seeing how this played out; given that Romulus had chosen a Coalition facility to operate out of, he couldn't help but feel personally slighted. He also couldn't shake the feeling that he ought to know just who this Lady Hexas was, or more importantly, who pulled her strings.So, for the moment, he was content to watch the Heroes flounder. He'd been working hard lately; he could use a little entertainment...~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Preeeeeeety sure Magneta's taken. :PIC: Siren (League Headquarters, New York City)Paige waved shyly at the group, unsure of what exactly to say.She finally settled on a simple "Hi..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ember led the group to the restrooms, locking the door behind them. "Three faces. The wormhole girl, that's Gap. Grand Cross's flippin' /daughter/. If I get too close, she might recognize me. Second, the chick with the orange hair and glasses, that's Hivemind. She hates me. If she knows I'm here, we're /screwed/. Third... The Coalition head who'd hunting me is here. He saw us come in. He's the wild card, I have no idea what he's going to do. We need to find Romulus and get out."IC: Magneta nodded and began rattling off what information she knew, pointing to each person in turn. "Myself, Magneta. Ferrokinesis and metallic manipulation. Paige, something about telepathy through song, right? Epsilon, rapid healing, limited shapeshifting, weaponized skeletal extrusions. Neil, Superhuman reflexes, enhnced brainpower, telepathy and technopathy through contact. Anything else?"OOC: I'm assuming Magneta was brief about Eps, and Neil may have outed himself on the plane. Again, if anybody takes issue with this, I'll gladly edit it.

IC: (Lone)"whats the rules of engagement? I have a felling this is going to go south, and i need to know who is a target and who isn't." Lone didn't like this at all. a girl that could put a wormhole under you that can take you to who knows where, and the guy that was hunting ember, this just screamed bad.

War...war never changes.

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"My guess?" Tilian piped up, leaning against the wall. "Romulus is the guy dressed up as a Legionnaire in the corner."As the group turned to look at him, he grinned and shrugged."I saw him as soon as we walked in," he said. "He's sitting in the corner booth."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ember shrugged and nodded to Tillian. "Makes sense to me. We've got to get him out of here and onto the jet." He turned to look at Lone and raised an eyebrow. "This is a Coalition bar. /Everyone/ is a target. Everyone is a threat. We need to handle this carefully."

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas)"We'll need a distraction," he mused quietly before snapping his fingers with a mischievous grin in his eyes."Ember," he said quietly. "Just how much do they hate you?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ember facepalmed and groaned, he knew where this was going. "Well, you know all about the Coalition head out there. Hivemind will go out of her way to pick a fight with me. Gap's got no quarrel with me though, we get along. Of course, there may be others out there who I've ticked off and didn't notice them. Are you suggesting we use me as bait?"