To Save The World!

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Subway NetworkIC:

Taylor immediately complied, also having noticed the sudden temperature change. In a moment she was back up, having taken off her dress in one swift motion to reveal her supersuit. With a wave of her hand, she caused black smoke fill the room except for where she and Christian were. After helping him up, she mentally prodded him that she had just asked a question of what to do. Indirect telepathy was a nifty loophole of her power. The entire station was in a panic, of course, but she may as well be as stealthy as she could.

Edited by Ballistic Jello Pickles

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Christian Leto (Subway System, New York City)Immediately, Christian's mind raced with the tactical knowledge of the situation. Pushing hard into Taylor's mind, he began to spell out words in her sub-conscious in a sort of improvised telepathy of his own...Watch my back while I get to the pretzel stand. I can keep him pinned down from the high ground for you.-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Subway NetworkIC:

Goddess simply nodded, trying not to overwork her suddenly headache-plagued brain. This big of an illusion was hard to hold, especially when some crazed fire monger was now randomly throwing blobs of magma everywhere.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Christian Leto (Subway System, New York City)Recognizing the strain Taylor was under, Christian decided to hurry up for her sake. He broke into a low run, and jumped behind the pretzel stand, sending a set of tongs scattering to the floor. The magmakinetic spun at the sound and fired off a ball of plasma at the sound; Christian had barely enough time to get into a prone, inert position on his back as the pretzel stand went flying over him. While the guy was recharging his energies, the FBI agent rolled to his feet and fired off three bullets at where the villain's legs would be before ducking for cover behind a pillar.OOC: If anyone else wants some action and is in New York, feel free to jump on in!-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Tragedy/Lord Death)"You see that?" Alex asked the alien, not sure what was happening down there, but it might be a good idea to help. Tragedy gave up on the wings for now and went full bird. Once he landed on the ground, he went normal, and pulled up his hood and put his mask back on. "does anyone need help?" the thick smoke was making it hard to see, and it was oven-hot in there.This is just great, maybe wolf form wouldn't be a bad idea right now, but it might scare the people down here.....And would that be so bad Alex? it would be so much fun to wreak some havoc on this city. Why, what has it ever done for you? The people haven't don anything, and im not about to play the role of the grim reaper. OCC: the parts in gray Tragedy's second personality, Lord Death, Talking. Stuff like this will happen at random moments, which won't be convient for Alex/Tragedy.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC(NPC) - Arscythe @ The Sinful SaloonAlmost as soon as Grau entered he was approached by a lean-looking man in a black-and-purple supersuit. His eyes were grey and his expression was either one of emotionlessness, or boredom."Hi," he said, as if he knew Grau. He'd used his telepathic powers to quickly confirm the assassin was the man he'd been waiting for. "I'm to take those prisoners off of you. Cobrahood's out of it; the girl over there's going to be taking his place." He jerked a thumb towards Gap, who stood beside a pair of arguing villains.IC - Gadgeteer @ The Sinful Saloon"Romulus," said Gadgeteer as he and Lone approached the solitary drinker. He phrased it like a hello, as if he already knew the villain's identity. It sounded a lot more competant than 'hello are you Romulus' and was more likely to get the man to answer. Of course, if he wasn't Romulus then they were both going to look pretty stupid.IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League HQ"I had thought that your black suit would be suitable enough - the forest is very dark," X-Calibur said to Mr. No-One. "Plus the fact that you look like an official helps too. I mentioned before that the surrounding forests are government-owned? Even if the Coalition spot you, they're not going to want to raise your suspicions. I imagine they've come up with some harmless way of turning you away. And Skyra, I'd appreciate it if you could start as soon as we start flying over forest." From the viewscreen at the front of the jet the landscape could be seen whizzing by.IC - Gap @ The Sinful SaloonInvis-O scowled. "My blood? My blood?! Worry about your own!" He faded into invisibility; there was a pause, then an empty pint-glass seemed to lift itself off of a nearby table and fling itself at Negafire...

IC(Mr. No-One): "Unless, of course, they happen to recognize me from the incident in the nation's capitol, or their little rescue mission at the League base."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Jean Abzal Harrison sipped some Caubernet Sauvignon idly, kicking back on his thousand-dollar couch. He flipped through The Wealth of Nations with a slight boredom.He didn't need to do much at all right now; he had completed all paperwork in one hour and wanted to relax. So the head of Huilercorp did. He was fascinated by economics...It was another branch of science to him. And all science was treasured by Flamel.Today, though, Abzal was not in the mood for Adam Smith. He had found a sudden desire to communicate, and to be the one actively engaging in such an activity.So he pulled out his iPhone. It only took a few numbers to dial up the guy of the hour. It only took a few seconds for the guy in question to respond."Hello, brother. Might we have a little chat?"

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Dieter Geist, Grau/Sinful SaloonIC:

Grau nodded as he glanced toward what was happening. This wasn't the best time to have a fight start, but it seemed that the argument had just escalated to that point. With a sigh, he placed both of them beside Arcscythe and strolled toward the arguing pair - or, to be specific, the visible arguing one and the flying glass.

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)The villains were still entering; already, Tilian saw another assassin walking in and mentally groaned. This was getting out of hand. Negafire couldn't possibly distract all of these people...-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Madness was about to panic and he knew it. Keep calm, keep calm, chant in some weird language, but ignore where you are now or who you are in close proximity with...Jocasta stirred and Madness promptly nudged her, causing her to be immediately wide awake. Jocasta, please don't panic, but we seem about to die!

"Wer Traumt?"

IC (Dr. Creation, near New York)The traffic jam had cleared up relatively quickly and though he had been forced to take a rather lengthy detour around yet another traffic jam, he still roughly on schedule. The last day of the meeting was still far enough away for him to act. He’d have to be careful of course, this city was crawling with those so-called “hero’s” who took that title despite doing next to nothing about the real problems of the world

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: New York City, NYAlec Harrison, no lie, was having a bad day. The stock market had gone bad yet again. The economy of the city was flailing like a fish out of water. He stood up, in his office atop the hundredth floor of the building, and looked out of the window that spanned from wall to wall, floor to ceiling. His only question was...where were the heroes? His other plan was soon going into action, and there was no one to stop him."Sir, you have a call-""It can wait.""It's from your brother, sir.""Patch it in to my phone."Soon, his own cell was ringing. He picked it up without hesitation."I was plotting conquest of the market, did you really have to interrupt?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Zyke, you can have up to two characters.IC: Ember grinned wickedly as Invis-O vanished, and ducked as the glass came flying towards him. He generated a fireball and whipped it in the direction of the glass, then drew one of his serrated katana. "Oh come now, Invis-O! We can discuss this like two gentlemen! Granted, you'll have to work quite hard to pass yourself off as one, but I'm sure we'll all apreciate the effort!" N-Ber chuckled, a fight was the best kind of distraction.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: I reread the rules, so here's Epsilon's nemesis.Real Name: Experiment 30-CAlias: E30Appearance: Exactly the same as Epsilon, except he has jet black hair and lacks irises or pupils in his eyes.Powers: Is able to regenerate much more quickly than Epsilon and change his entire body including his skeleton. He feels no pain and is able to use his bone weapons without damaging himself.Allegiance: Solo villain, but he does the bidding of Carter Edwards, the head administrator of Project Epsilon.Area: anywhere Edwards wants him to be.Bio: After the loss of Experiment 23-B, AKA Corey Trent, the Epsilon scientists continued to create more clones all with the goal of engineering the perfect super soldier. The fruit of their labor was Experiment 30-C: a clone much more powerful than Trent whose undying loyalty ensured he would not attempt to escape or question his superiors' motives. Currently, he is being held in the Epsilon facility, but Edwards has plans to use him to kill Corey Trent and erase all evidence of Project Epsilon's existence.

Edited by Zyke the destroyer

67tlbk.png

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)"Really?" Saosin asked, standing up and taking a step towards the table. "Because you look a lot like the guy we're looking for."He couldn't help but smirk."So, tell me, Romulus. How exactly did a guy infamous for being the scourge of Eastern European armed conflict end up whittling his dignity down to the point where he has to work for a glorified goldfish just to afford a beer?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: E30E30 sat quietly and sipped a glass of water as the jet tilted. Directly across from him was Director Edwards, who was briefing him on the mission details. E30 was going to depart at an airport in New York and track down Epsilon. From there, he was to terminate him quickly and quietly. Upon request for confirmation of his understanding of the plan, E30 simply nodded and continued to sip his water.

67tlbk.png

OOC: Will post a bit later on to progress the other plots. But for now, this needs to move onto the next phase...IC - Superbeing Smackdown!Close as he was to Sluice's limp body, Mastermind had all his attention focused on the cautiously-approaching Fellwyd. She'd fallen unconscious under the pressure of his psychic assault, why did he need to worry about her? And he was right in thinking that Sluice wouldn't be regaining consciousness any time soon.But she wasn't the one he needed to worry about."Guuuhh..."Jerking to life suddenly like it had been electrocuted, Sarah Winters' body sat up. She gulped in great gasps of air, as if having emerged from underwater. The act, hardly a discreet one, had alerted Mastermind instantly. He drew his psychic wristblade back a few inches, preparing for a lethal thrust. She stared up at him with a look of bewilderment."... Silver? That you?"Mastermind snarled, but Sluice awakening had caught him off-guard, and thus he wasn't prepared to resist the stolen memories - once again his aura flared into the familiar shade of blue."S-Sarah, I... I... y-you're not... you are not... Sarah... Winters..." His free hand clutched his forehead and the aura faded. With little more than a growl Mastermind thrust the psychic wristblade downwards. There was a sizzle of energy as it pierced something solid. Sluice stood inches away from where Mastermind's weapon had pierced the dusty ground - and for some reason, the psychic wasn't moving.The onlooking crowd and the advancing alien had no way of knowing what was going on. Only Mastermind could feel the invisible pressure being exerted upon his body from every angle, locking him in place and soaking his tattered cape."Well, freak, you're right about one thing... I'm not Sarah Winters. I'm the fury of the ocean tides... the one they call the water goddess. I am Abyss..!"

Edited by Kumata

IC: E30The jet was designed to be more compact and aerodynamic than the League jets, but it still wasn't quite as fast. Still, it had taken off two hours before the League jet that Esilon was on, and was scheduled to land in New York with just enough time for E30 to prepare. And prepare he would.

Edited by Zyke the destroyer

67tlbk.png

IC(Fellwyd): The surprise the alien received at this point was not entirely a pleasant one. It appeared, to him, that his erstwhile ally had decided to swap out personalities while she was unconscious, and while this one seemed better equipped to handle Mastermind, there was the distinct possibility of it being just generally hostile to everything that moved.Not wanting to draw the attention of the dominant party in this fight until it became certain that it would be necessary, the alien kept his distance, ready to move out of the way if attention was directed his way - and if he wasn't simply held in place like Mastermind, held, presumably, to make the killing stroke easier.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League jetThe landscape continued to whizz by. X-Calibur began quietly checking himself over, making sure that there were no problems with his supersuit or helmet HUD. Soon enough a green canvas of forest stretched out beneath the craft.IC(NPC) - Villains @ The Sinful SaloonArscythe dragged the two prisoners along, joining Grau beside the arguing group. He didn't address Gap just yet, even though she was standing nearby. He was intrigued by the fight.Invis-O's disembodied voice resounded from all around Negafire - clearly he was moving back and forth so he couldn't be located. "Oooh, a katana, you must be so cool. Nevermind the fact that weapons have progressed since the days of feudal Japan!" Another drink rose up and sailed toward Negafire. Invis-O had been a bit careless in choosing this second projectile, however, for this one had been filled with beer. Its owner, Dragonmouth - a villain who was standing at a nearby pool table - watched in surprise and dismay as his drink splashed across the floor on the glass' way toward Negafire.Invis-O's next insult was drowned out by the hiss of white-hot flames as they streamed from between Dragonmouth's lips."My drink!" He roared, marching towards the arguing villains. "Who the f*** threw my drink?!"IC - Gadgeteer @ The Sinful SaloonBefore replying, Gadgeteer had to wait for the noise of streaming flames to die down. Negafire's distraction was beginning to work, but he didn't want to jump the gun and attack Romulus. A lot could still go wrong."We know all about your connections to Hexas," he said at a low volume. "Unless you'd like the inhabitants of this bar to know the same - and I know for a fact the Coalition is working to take her down - you will come with us to a private place so we can talk..."

Edited by Kumata

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)"Yeah, and they don't sound too happy," added Saosin. "I'd be willing to bet that an annoyance like a grunt of Hexas won't go over too well in their current state."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Guessing based on the avoidance of continuing the conversation after Mr. No-One's reply that that's a "no" on camouflage.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Negafire whirled and slashed at the oncomig projectile, batting the glass away as he hurled another fireball in the direction the glass came from. He turned towards Dragonmouth and narrowed his eyes. "Who threw it? A weasly little coward who's scared to show his face! Between the two of us though, we can smoke him out!"IC: Magneta looked around the jet, taking in her new teammates. Her eyes settled on one of the other heroes, she thought his name was Loadstone. She walked over and sat down next to him, extending her hand. "Hey there! Loadstone, was it? I'm Magneta. That's a bit of a play on the color of my supersuit, coupled with the word 'magnet'. So, judging from your name and emblem, I'm gathering you're a ferrokinetic?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Skyra - League Jet -Right on que, Skyra started masking the turbulence of the jet as soon as he saw the forest come into view. He began to concentrate heavily on his task, it wasn't as easy as it looked. Skyra had to constantly manipulate the air around the jet to keep the sound waves of the turbulence from being heard by anyone outside.

Edited by King Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"My drink!" He roared, marching towards the arguing villains. "Who the f*** threw my drink?!"
Bahahahahaha.... :lol:IC: How can she be here? Abyss shouldn't exist outside Sarah's body.... that's impossible.... Mastermind hissed inwardly. The appearance of Abyss had thrown him completely offgaurd, as even within Silver's memories very little of Abyss as a whole was understood... only that she wasn't nearly as noble as Sarah normally was. Now she had a sizable advantage with him frozen in place, pinned by the oceanic forces. Not only that, but Mastermind was having another resurgance of conflicting thoughts and emotions as a result, putting him a bad place as a whole. It was humilating..."Abyss, huh? At least Silver agreed with me on one thing about you.... he hated you too" he croaked, lashing out with his mind while his body was rendered immobile. Though with far less intensity than before, the shock was enough to cause Abyss's focus to slip allowing Mastermind to propel himself backwards and away from her, forcing himself to his feet as streams of water dripped from his soaked outfit to the sand. Even if he had partially recovered, it was clear the mutant was very offbalanced by Abyss's presence, even more so than Sarah's reveal. He didn't seem to know how to react now, keeping his distance but unable or unwillingly to attack her in retaliation. The advanced aquakinetic held all of his attention, to the point Fellwyd may have not even existed...OOC: That basically means, if Fellwyd wants to stroll around the side and punch Mastermind in the face, he can probably manage it. Abyss poses serious problems to Mastermind's mental state... Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: Thank's for giving me something to post, Korkoa. I've been lacking inspiration for days; all I had was a basic "Yup, great," which didn't seem to be worth posting.IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone shook Magneta's hand warmly, flashing her a quick smile. "Electro-magnetic powers, actually; it's a bit of a combination of ferrokinesis and electrokinesis," he explained. "I can control them separately, or combine them into an EMP. I like to keep a magnaboard handy, as well, just so that I can get an aerial advantage over Villains." Loadstone magnetically hefted his magnaboard to demonstrate; Magneta most likely felt the streams of magnetic energy drifting from Loadstone that made this happen."Given what you said back there, I take it you're not just an average ferrokinetic, either?"IC: (NPC - Mr. Mystery)Anyone watching Mr. Mystery would have seen his chest rising and falling rapidly in silent laughter. He always enjoyed pitting two Coalition members against each other for training exercises; to watch several of them start swinging at each other in a drunken brawl was just too much fun.~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC(Fellwyd): While Abyss was a potential enemy, Mastermind was a known one, so, while the psychic was off-balance, the alien circled around until he was certain he was out of Mastermind's peripheral vision, and then charged, the sand muffling the sound of his footfalls. When he got within two meters of the psychic, he jumped, kicking sand into the air behind him as he brought his hands together in front of him and brought them down in an arc, aiming to bring them down like a hammer on Mastermind's head.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Whoops, I actually forgot about the Mr. No-One bit.IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League Jet"We're getting close," X-Calibur announced, getting to his feet. He looked over to Mr. No-One. "If you're concerned about camouflage - and I'll defer to you, you are a spy after all - there should be a few spare supersuits in the back room. Nothing more protective than leather and spandex I'm afraid, but there's plenty of choice of colours."IC(NPC) - Villains @ The Sinful SaloonAt the same time that Dragonmouth came stomping over to the group, Gap walked away from it. She really wasn't interested in participating in or observing the bickering. And now she had a mission to focus on. She marched over to Arscythe and tapped his shoulder."Arscythe, Cobrahood was too drunk, so I'm replacing-""Yes I know," snapped Arscythe. "Just give me a minute to see what happens here."Dragonmouth had approached Negafire. "What? What are you on about? Who threw it?" Behind him his pool partner, Malleable Man, was approaching the group to see what was going on."It was Invis-O," said Metallurge. "And he- omigosh there he is!"Dragonmouth whirled around instantly and launched a blast of white-hot flames. Metallurge burst out laughing as Malleable Man was forced to dive out of the way of the attack.Meanwhile a wooden chair smashed into the back of Negafire's head.IC - Abyss @ Superbeing Smackdown!"Gnh!" Abyss staggered back, clutching her head in pain as the psychic attack broke her focus on her signature 'ocean pressure' technique. After a moment she lowered her arm and opened her palm, willing water moisture to coalesce there."So, you're acquainted with Silv," she muttered. "I assume you're one of his three ugly sisters? Honestly apart from the fashion sense I don't see much family resemblance. Silv might have been kind of nerdy looking but at least he, y'know, had the right amount of fingers and toes." At that point two things happened: the water moisture finished forming an ice katana in Abyss's hand, and Fellwyd made his move. Abyss took advantage of the distraction to charge, sword ready to swing...

Edited by Kumata

IC(Mr. No-One): A couple of minutes later, the spy returned to his seat, wearing a super-suit with a splotchy pattern composed of various shades of green and brown. He fidgeted in his seat for a second, then tugged at the sleeves to get them to fit properly, before adding a pair of matching gloves to the outfit."That should do as far as camouflage goes."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: Ultionis, already in his own camouflage outfit of moss-green and bark-brown, silenced armor, stood in front of the door, ready as he'd ever be. Mr. No-One's outfit was workably camouflaged. The splotch pattern was even up to spec - some super with a taste for camo patterns must've left it behind. Not that you couldn't buy that at a Gap, but still. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Mastermind's eyes narrowed as Abyss charged him, and he sensed more danger closing in fast from behind. Both were almost upon him when a shimmering dome of energy sprung up between the attacks and their quarry, leaving him completely unharmed and the shield seemingly undamaged. The mutant smirked and released an expanding pulse from his shield in a sudden burst, propelling anyone in contact at the time away as he himself was left in a small crater: a psychic nova, but only a minor one. Even a minor one was usually a sign of desperation when Silver had owned it..."I see you're just as unpleasant as he knew you, Abyss... but you, a godess? Sakeme's failed attempt to gain that power should be proof enough you're little more than an offshoot of her original skill... a twisted corruption of something pure. But me..." Mastermind paused, forming a psychic orb in the palm of his hand. It was nothing different to his last, until he focused and it began to pulse and grow slightly larger, crackling with power. The shield fell from existance and he launched the sphere, sending it sailing past Abyss by a wide margin and into the solid rock wall of the arena... where it blew a huge chunk out of the solid stone. When the dust cleared the resulting damage was several times the size of anything Silver had ever managed with the technique, and looked like it could level a corner store without effort. "Sakeme failed to make himself a god... but I have that level of power, if not even more. Do not think I am some common crook you can defeat by throwing water.. am I more of a God than you ever were"OOC: He's pretty big in his boots, eh? Not that he wears boots... or socks....

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League Jet"Yes," X-Calibur said to Epsilon as the doors of the League Jet slid open, allowing Ultionis and Mr. No-One to exit. "I can't say how long that'll be. I suggest we all do what we can to prepare in the meantime."The jet had lowered into a small clearing within the forest, so that a simple hop was all it took for the two government agents to reach the mossy ground.IC - Abyss @ Superbeing Smackdown!Abyss managed to remain upright as the psychic shield repelled her, skidding across the dusty battlefield. Her katana almost shattered, but her own will kept the weapon's icy form from breaking. She took a moment to catch her breath, then her expression became a grin."Am I supposed to be scared? You can't even aim properly. This is how you kill someone from a distance." She flung the katana, utilsiing her mental command over water molecules to propel it towards Mastermind at high speed - and on top of that, more water moisture began adding to its form as it soared, until by the time it was close to hitting the psychic it had transformed from a four-foot katana into an eleven-foot lance...