To Save The World!

[iC - Mystic] "Uh... Sugar Rush, was it? If your 'energy boosts' can help improve mental clarity, your assistance would be appreciated," Mystic said. "I may have detected a presence observing the agents, but at this distance it's hard to pin it down while still maintaining my link with them. A boost from you might help to improve my focus"---[iC - NPCs] The snow began to rumble as a monstrous golem rose up from the snow, snapping claws of ice in the direction of Plas and Stella. A thin bolt streaked through the air with a faint whistle, embedding itself in the icy creature's head. Moments later the arrow exploded, snow flying in a fury as the Ice Golem was ripped apart by the blast. Crossbow in hand, Longshot marched across the field, flanked by other members of the League resistance."A'right, listen up, an' listen close!" she shouted. "I'll be headin' into the belly o' tha' beast with this here lot. The rest'a you will be standin' guard out here; if Frigid tries to close our escape route, do yer best to stop 'er. Do what'er you kin to help Sakeme's assault; keep Frigid's attention away from what we're doing inside."A shadow fell over the group; a large chunk of ice had broken free high up above on the tower walls. It slammed into the ground nearby, leveling what had once been a row of residential housing. Frozen shrapnel rained in all directions; Forcefield threw up a shield in front of the group to protect, chunks of crystal pounding and shattering against the barrier."It's gonna get pretty dangerous 'round here, an' the fallin' debris might be the least o' yer problems if Frigid gets to us. Do yer best to hold out, but be ready to fall back if things get to tough ta' handle. If this mission fails, we need tha' resistance to survive.She clipped her crossbow to her belt, and saluted her fellow heroes with her remaining hand. Without a word more Longshot turned, descending into the dark, icy tunnel blasted through the side of the tower...[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: So...are we all just gonna let Dr. Creation continue happily murdering everyone who has more than two cents to rub together? He's had a disturbing lack of resistance so far...IC: (Loadstone)"Well, I can't make any promises," Sugar Rush said with a shrug. "I can only imbue the body with extra energy; technically that includes the brain, so..." She left that statement hanging, walking over to Mystic and applying that same small jolt of energy to the psychic's neck.~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Speaking of which.... :evilgrin:IC (New York, Dr. Creation)It happened quickly, one moment the elevator was opening and the next what appeared to be two bolts of lightning came from within the elevator. The two security guards on duty had no time to react. Their nervous system sent into a fit, they collapsed onto the ground. There wouldn't be any long term damage, well, if there was any it would be minimal. Either way it was heck of a lot better then being shot at with actual bullets. The air, smelling of ozone, soon played host to a new sound. The sound of mechanical footfalls, Dr. Creation's robot emerged from the elevator. The hulking mesh of gears and wire raised it's Gatling gun. With a simple kick it broke the door to the room from it's hinges, sending it flying into a nearby wall. The men within screamed, ducked, still not quite sure what was happening.Their uncertainty vanished, along with their lives and a goodly portion of their bodies once the robot opened fire. The Gatling gun had been out of date for sometime, but there was reason it's name was respected in the annals of history. The reason being it was quite good at killing people in a quick and industrious manner. This was no exception. Men in nearby rooms cowered under their desks, some made for the phones to call for aid, for the police, for anyone who would be listening. They needn't have worried. Creation had achieved his goal and now, the only objective that remained for him in this city was...getting out of the city without having his fragile bones crushed to a fine dust by a so-called hero.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:From her robes, Jocasta stealthily drew out a stiletto stored for this sort of purpose. We need to get out of here now. If you can, slow down time for us. she thought at Madness.OOC: Did Grau disarm Madness when the former captured him?

Edited by Trad of Law and Order

"Wer Traumt?"

OOC: I was going to say that Dr. Creation hasn't done anything to draw much attention to the League, but after that latest post... regardless, I myself don't have anyone spare to send after him just yet.IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League Jet"That data is bound to be coming from the facility Magneta and Loadstone are sensing," said X-Calibur from the pilot's seat. "We're directly above it now, by the way. I can't see anything suspicious from this vantage point, but then the trees are masking most of the features on the ground." He stood up. "We'll stay here for now. Mystic, I need you to link me to our spies down below."IC - ForestThe pair were able to continue stealthily for a full minute or so before there was another sound. It was a twig-snapping, bush-rustling, clumsy sound. A furry black mass appeared before them. It was a bear!... not the most frightening of obstacles, but it was an obstacle nonetheless. It was growling at them, trying to make the two leave its territory.IC(NPC) - Metallurge @ The Sinful SaloonNisha Verma had only been six months old when her family moved from India to the United Kingdom. The town her parents chose was unfortunately not a very welcoming one, and the family endured years of racial abuse before her father was killed in an attack Nisha bore witness to. This sort of thing does hefty damage to an eight-year-old's psyche. In the months afterward she became very violent and harboured tendencies to instigate fights amongst her classmates. Her friends stopped talking to her, but she didn't care - there was a certain thrill she found in disrupting the lives of others, in causing chaos for the sake of chaos. Come the age of fourteen when her superpowers began to manifest she made the leap into full-blown crime, and it wasn't much long after then that the Coalition of Corruption claimed the damaged young girl.The crux of the matter is that Nisha Verma grew up to become Metallurge, and had not yet lost her passion for creating chaos and disruption. Hence why her mirth waned when Negafire explained to Dragonmouth that she was lying. Her hand jerked backwards. No-one would make anything of the gesture - unless they were able to see the streams of magnetic power emanating from it. Metallurge had noticed the bronze-armoured man talking with some others in the far corner of the room, and decided to mix things up by inviting him to the party.IC - Gadgeteer @ The Sinful SaloonOne moment, Viktor Borislav was watching Romulus transform into a huge wolf through the eyes of his HUD. The next, he was inexplicably soaring backwards, dragged by an invisible force. It caught him completely off-guard and he couldn't do anything to stop himself from crashing rather forcefully into Negafire...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)Saosin screamed out a curse and half-considered spinning and grabbing Gadgeteer, but if they lost Romulus now, they might never find him again. He and Lone would have to pull this off, which he was actually cool with; Tilian trusted the cyborg more than anyone else on the team, and he figured that if anyone could really be counted on to have his back out of this makeshift little group, it would be Lone. Now he just had to hope Lone was cool with taking orders from him now that Gadgeteer was stuck in the bar fight...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: The werewolf-Romulus was terrifyingly fast. The group were starting to see why he had garnered such a reputation; seeing the thing he'd transformed into come charging at you with the speed of an Olympic sprinter, the claws of a raptor and the face of an angry wolverine would scare the life out of anyone.But even with this speed he couldn't outrun Lone's bullets. Not all of them, anyway. A cluster struck him in the shoulder, knocking him back and preventing a second swipe at Saosin. The wounds themselves closed up, a few of the bullets being pat out to drop onto the floor, but could it be that those long arms were just a little bit shorter? If his transformation could not add any mass, it was possible that his regenerative powers couldn't either and were taking raw matter from elsewhere to patch him up...The werewolf made a hideous gurgling growl, an attempt at a howl made through a throat that was still a little too human, while grabbing the two halves of the shattered table. He threw one at Saosin like a deranged frisbee, and held the other in front like a shield as it charged Lone, digitigrade legs eating up the distance between them

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: (Lone)Lone had to think fast, and did so by ducking and sweeping his legs out, hoping to trip the werewolf and send him to the ground.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: I might. :DIC: There was a heavy thud along with an odd, almost glassy sound, like a very heavy crystal hitting the floor. In fact, it was exactly like that. And the reason why did not so much stand up as unfold: A tall, muscular man made entirely of what appeared to be solid diamond stood in front of the robot, fist extended. "Time to put the toys away," he said, punctuating the sentence with a foot-long spike launched directly at the machine.*H-D*NPC: Ultionis did not panic. That was the first step when facing large opponents: Quell any feelings of panic and focus on the job. His pistols, naturally, had been silenced for this stealth mission, but he didn't reach for them right away. He signalled again for Mr. No-One to stop and took a few cautious steps backward. Easy, he thought (off the mental link), easy does it, nice and slow. He signalled for the agent to do what he did. With luck they could get the bear to back off and take an alternate route themselves. If that wasn't an option, well, he'd silenced them for a reason.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: E30E30 sat in the foliage, stunned and silent at the bear. Suddenly, the bear sniffed the air and pointed its head directly at him, obviously smelling the additional hormones his body produced. He held completely still, hoping that maybe the bear would dismiss him and go after the agents instead. His hopes clearly weren't enough. The bear roared and began to charge at E30, hoping for a meal. E30 had two choices: die violently and have his cover blown, or kill the bear and have his cover blown. Making a decision, he morphed himself into a larger bear and swiped at the attacker. To anyone observing, it would look like a bear had grown out of some foliage. Not stealthy at all, but E30 was out of options. The swipe hit, and the attacker backed off, realizing its potential prey was far stronger than it and lumbering away. E30 followed suit and went to a place where he wouldn't be visible to continue in wait.

Edited by Zyke the destroyer

67tlbk.png

IC: N-Ber barely had time to yelp before Gadgeteer hit him, and the both flew across the room and landed behind the bar. The ex-vaillain groaned and pushed the suit of armor off of him, speaking in a hoarse whisper. "I'll try to take out Metallurge. By the way, there's two kidnap victims on the floor out there, should we rescue them while we're at it? They're likely supers, they could be useful."IC: Magneta nodded and turned back to Loadstone, allowing her concentration to slip, as she already knew where the structure was. "Well... Now we play the waiting game, eh?"IC: ​Plasmafire burst into flame and flew after Longshot, assuming the rest of the strike team was following. It was time for him to ask a ver important question, one that had plagued him ever since finding out his doppelganger was killed. "Loadstone... If I'm going to survive this time, I need to know details. Do you know how she killed me? I understand I was frozen, but... Was I on fire when she froze me? Or just my normal, non-flaming self? How close was I to her? And most importantly... Could I have dodged it somehow?" Plasmafire had no idea if Longshot knew any of this information, but he needed to try and find out. He had to make it back home in one piece.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC(Mr. No-One): The agent had been following Ultionis' lead through the bear incident, but when the larger bear had lumbered off, he looked sideways at his counterpart, and mouthed "Warning?"To him, it seemed a distinct possibility that their cover had been blown before they'd even accomplished anything.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Dr. Creation, Robots)The machine made no move to dodge. The diamond spike lodged deep into it's chest lodging itself a midst gears, pulleys and other more arcane implements. But the machine was sturdy and like all machines built for combat it was designed to take a high level of punishment. The robot lurched backwards for a moment, before lunging forwards with it's fist, fully intending to send the hero tumbling backwards. It's arm-mounted Gatling gun however, while not suitable for grappling...did serve an important function. Namely opening fire at the same time. Hopefully this combined attack would catch the hero flat footed and afford him no time to dodge.OOC: Hm. Werewolf, I had a PC in the works with that powerset. I'll be taking notes. :)

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: E30E30 sat in a clearing, exhausted. It took huge amounts of energy to retain a form that large without causing permanent damage to himself. The clearing was the nearest place he could get to without collapsing that offered him a little bit of cover from the agents. Even so, he was undoubtedly going to be found by said agents soon if he didn't make some effort to camouflage himself. He suddenly sprouted leaves and his skin gained a rough, bark-like texture as he flattened himself against a tree and continued to watch.

Edited by Zyke the destroyer

67tlbk.png

IC: Shard was never the fastest of heroes. Being essentially a psychokinetically manipulated diamond statue with no actual joints didn't help matters. Thus when the gattling gun started spinning he didn't quite have enough time to form a shield of the same substance on his arm and interpose it between himself and the barrage of bullets, meaning he took a few to the torso. Thankfully those guns were meant to hit lots of infantry targets, not fire continuously at one guy, and besides he made up for his slow movement with sheer durability. So, in the end, no harm done by the gun.The fist, now that was a different story. Shard was just considering his counterattack when he found himself lifted off his feet and hurled, stiff as a statue (for obvious reasons) right out through the window he came in through. He was also prevented from considering this by the mind-numbing pain as his arm stopped just a hair's breadth short of shattering into a thousand pieces like his unfortunate shield. He did, however, find the presence of mind to stop himself from hitting the ground about halfway down. After a few seconds he had recovered enough to start focusing on repairing his arm and considering the situation strategically. Okay. Round one: Robot. That thing looked pretty old, though. Like, older than those WWII machines in the movie last night. Plating looks thick, but my shards are diamond, properly sharpened nothing keeps it out. Maybe...Now armed with a plan (well, enough of one) and a fully-repaired arm, Shard formed four long, thin diamond spikes sharpened to an implausibly vicious edge by sheer will, two on each forearm. Then he soared back up to the right floor, partly hoping the robot had decided he was dead and partly hoping it was still around. Ah! Still there. Perfect. And... looking straight at him. Not so perfect. The hero immediately raised both arms and aimed as best he could at the extremities, joints especially. Hoping for the best and preparing to guide the diamonds in case of the worst, he fired off all four at once. *H-D*NPC: Ultionis said nothing, but he did risk letting one thing slip out over the mental link. It was basically the feeling people referred to when they said 'I've got a bad feeling about this.' Still, after a bit of internal debate, he made a few quick gestures. Weapons hot. On the lookout. Proceed with caution. Then he went on to proceed... cautiously, of course.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)Saosin spun to the hard left and barely avoided the thrown table half; as Romulus charged Lone, the hero drew his pistol again and fired off several bullets at Romulus's legs and lower back...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (New York, Robot)The robot twisted to the side, trying to minimize its profile, despite this two of the diamond shards struck it. One severed its Gatling arm, the other embedded itself in its torso, jamming and damaging the materials contained herein. It moved with a slight limp and a groaning delay as it bended low and, lacking any better ammunition, hurled its severed arm at the Shard. Then it began to advance, gears whining in protest as it lurched forwards, determined to grapple once more with its foe and hurl him into the streets below. Head first preferably. IC (Dr. Creation)Dr. Creation meanwhile, had slipped away from the fray. Though he was loath to lose one of his robots, he had little choice. He needed to escape the city and fast. Worst came to worst he could always build another one; he had no shortage of materials.The secretary, having vanished at the first sign of trouble was of no consequence. She’d looked intelligent enough to get away from a combat zone. He didn’t want a fight in the streets of the city…there were far too many innocents around.OOC: As you can tell, his robots combat programming and Dr. Creations moral scruples….are not exactly working in sync.

OOC: The gatling gun agrees with you. And speaking of which...IC: This time Shard was ready. Well, okay, it did kinda surprise him, but he was ready to be surprised, so he at least reacted in time to spread out his arms and grab the gun as it was hurled at him. "Really?" He chided. "I thought only human thugs throw the gun when the bullets don't work." He tossed the dismembered robot arm briefly into the air and caught it again, this time by the end, solidifying his hold by growing a few more spikes into the metal. "Batter up!" As the robot charged at him he charged right back and swung the club hard at the offending automaton.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Gadgeteer @ The Sinful SaloonViktor's head was spinning after the crash; upon hitting Negafire his skull had jerked forward, causing him to smack his forehead on the brow of his armour. He had added slight padding to the helmet area, but the material could only absorb so much. "The... we have our own mission to handle," he muttered, trying to blot out the pain. In all truth he didn't want to complicate things even further by getting mixed up in rescuing hostages. Since Negafire was - or had been - a villain, Viktor hoped that his moral urges were quite low. But just in case, he reasoned: "They may not be people worth saving. The Coalition often kidnaps other villains. We should not lose focus of our mission."He got up into a crouching position, and then with a mental command he activated the high-pressured pistons in the legs of his armoured battle suit. This sent him soaring across the room just as fast as he'd been dragged along it. He drew a fist back - upon landing (which the targeting abilities of his HUD assured him would be beside Romulus) he'd bring that fist down with all the force of his journey. If it made contact it would be quite a blow, especially considering that the werewolf appeared to have no special defenses.IC(NPC) - Arscythe @ The Sinful SaloonThough most of his attention had been focused on the argument, Arscythe was affording a slight telepathic watch over the two hostages. So when he sensed conscious thought from Jocasta and saw a knife fly away from her, he immediately lashed out with his powers. He utilised a technique he had dubbed a 'psychic sting'; basically it was a sharp telepathic stab that left its victim momentarily dazed.IC - Gap @ The Sinful SaloonThe villainess hadn't gotten far when an armoured man rocketed across the room and crashed into Negafire. The pair soared past Gap and tumbled over the bar. She had been planning to go back to asking around for potential missions, but fighting seemed to have sparked everywhere at once. There was Dragonmouth blasting jets of white-hot fire as knocked-aside tables and chairs revealed the hurried path of his invisible opponent, and the legionnaire-looking guy in the corner had transformed into a werewolf and was battling two other villains. Gap wondered what Mr. Mystery was making of all this. You could never really tell with him. He might be letting it happen or he might be secretly instigating it. He might be deliberately holding back in order to judge the actions of one of the villains in such a scenario (possibly hers) or he might be letting the villains act up just so he could punish them later.After several moments of hesitation Gap decided that if she wanted to be a competent, independent member of the Coalition then she should try to diffuse this, regardless of what she perceived Mr. Mystery's motives to be. The Sinful Saloon was a valuable Coalition safehouse after all, and had gone for years without its location being discovered by the League. If the fighting got out of hand then all that could be ruined.The first thing she needed to do was get a good vantage point of the brawling, to figure out who needed neutralising first. She sprinted up to an undamaged part of the bar and clambered on top of it, surveying the scene.IC(NPC) - Metallurge @ The Sinful SaloonFlicking her hands to and fro, Metallurge released streams of magnetic energy in all directions. The tables and chairs all had metal legs, so under the influence of her power they began to shift randomly; some spilling the drinks of still-seated villains, others bumping into standing ones. Then she noticed the bronze-armoured man from before performing a mighty leap across the room."Okay, let's get a rally going," she smirked. The armoured man froze in midair as her power seized him, once again flinging him backwards and over the bar with a crash...OOC: All three of my current PCs are very serious-mannered characters who rarely have fun, which gets a little heavy to write at times. So for variety I've been considering switching one for someone a bit more light-hearted; Metallurge is a potential replacement I'm going to 'test out' during this little skirmish.

IC:Unfortunately for Arscythe, Madness intercepted the jab and using the temporary connection, began yelling into his head, in an attempt to cause the attacker to go insane.Jocasta grabbed a handy bottle and smashed it. She threw it at the villianess who was standing there, doing nothing, but smiling and flicking her hands around. Rather obvious, she thought. Her next one was, Villians and heroes are such horrible actors.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC(NPC) - Villains @ The Sinful Saloon"Gnn!" Arscythe clutched his head, gathering as much concentration as he could to try and repel the attack. His aim was to hit Madness with a psychic sting, but the success of that depended on how well Madness could defend his own mind.Metallurge saw the bottle coming and easily ducked under it. With another magnetic gesture she sent a table and three chairs soaring toward the two hostages...

[in Character] [New York League Base] [socrates]

Socrates ran a hand through his hair, looking around the small room. In one hand he held an unopened sprite, and in the other an iPod. His eyes flicked to the small refrigerator in one corner where he knew there was an ice pack or two waiting. Good, he would need it. He kicked off his shoes, tore off his sock, and lay own on his bed, eyes closed, preparing. The time for his usual daily headache was here. with a sigh he opened the soda, taking a drink. It was necessary work, obviously, but it was irksome.

He turned on the iPod and selected the latest playlist uploaded into it. The machine was of the utmost best quality, and had to be; in order to track a voice, Socrates had to know exactly how that voice sounded. Closing his eyes, he played the first soundbite, setting it to repeat as he did so. Ten seconds of voice, saying some nondescript sentence, it sounded rather corny too. Socrates closed his eyes, prayed that there weren't any people in the city with an almost exact voice as this one. Then he sent out his ears. Had he simply amplified his hearing, he would most certainly have been instantly deafened. Instead, he simply intensified his hearing of one particular sound. Nothing. He increased it farther, still nothing. Farther. There was something faint, like a person whispering. He focused harder, afraid that the sound was only someone outside his room. And there it was. Distinctly the same voice as in the recording. Socrates's head was already sporting an ache, but he switched to sonar, trying to get a landmark. At last he found one, like a blind man discovering braille writing he focused his sonar at the embossed words on the front of the building. His hand shot pout to the notepad conveniently placed on a bedside table. His handwriting was barely legible so fast he wrote the name he had sounded out, but it was readable to him and so mattered. Gladly he cut off his sound power, draining the soda, fizz or not. His usual headache was here, but not as great; the villain must have been in the same city, he reasoned. Getting to his feet he grabbed an icepack, wrapped it in a paper towel and pressed it to his head. I've got you, he thought, and glanced at his iPod for the name of the villain. I've got you, Shadow Guardian, he finished.

OOC: Okay KNI, our duel is coming up soon!

IC (New York, Robot)The arm pounded a sizable dent into the robots chest armor. It's gears whining all the louder because of this it continued forwards, hoping to tackle the hero even as the diamond spikes dug deep into it's innards. Creation had built his robots to last, but even they couldn't stand up to this kind of punishment forever. Something was going to give and judging from the continued lack of damage the hero had sustained, it would be the robot that fell this day. But nonetheless, the machine intended to take the hero with it, it would use it's body mass and momentum to hurl both itself and the hero from the window. Hopefully, the fall would succeed where it had failed.

IC: Scene: Being grappled by a one-armed killer robot, falling at increasing speeds from an office building. Civilians down below? Probably, judging from the screams. They probably should've run when he got tossed out the first time, but they never seemed to take that hint. Shard focused on his own crystalline form as he always did when levitating and pushed upward, trying to slow their descent long enough that even the dimwits still on the ground would realize they should be somewhere else about now. At the same time he managed to rotate the twisted mass of metal and diamond so the robot's bulk would take the brunt of the blow and he would be relatively unscathed. Finally, as he saw the last errant civilian clear the streets, he extended a spike directly out of his upper arm, shearing right through the joint of the arm grappling him, and pushed the robot down with all his considerable might. Now unarmed (insert groan here) the tin tub dropped the last twenty or so stories on its own to land on the pavement with a massive CRASH! Shortly afterward Shard landed next to it and stood over the wreckage. Civvies still around, he noted. Maybe I should say something? Gah- How does Omega come up with these so easily? After a couple of frantic seconds he finally came out with "And that's how heroes take out the trash." He thought it sounded rather snappy, but the crowd apparently disagreed, earning the line an average 3/5. Philistines. He activated his comm, signalling the League HQ. "This is Shard. Responded to a rampaging robot outside the Dyne Corp. building. Maybe we should grab the parts? See what we can ID?"*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Ember yelped again as Gadgeteer crashed back behind the bar for the second time. Then he stood up, using the bar as partial cover, and fired off a few plasma bursts, first knocking the table and chairs away from the hostages, then aiming several at Metallurge. Even if Gadgeteer didn't want to save those hostages, well... If Ember was playing the part of the hero, he may as well do it good.OOC: I honestly have no idea what's going on with Jocasta and Madness. Are they involved in a plot, or would it be a good idea to get them rescued?

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Depends if you want so called "insane traitors to the League" helping you.IC: Madness pushed harder at trying to send Arscythe mind into the depths of insanity, while Jocasta sent another bottle flying at Metallurge. Make that four.While Madness was partially occupied, he reached for one of his guns...

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: (Loadstone)"Oh, I hate that game," Loadstone admitted playfully, dispersing the magnetic field. Volts of electricity laced almost absentmindedly through his fingers, crackling and illuminating the floor. "It's the part where we sit around and don't do much that I have a hard time with. Inactivity is a foreign concept to me."IC: (NPC - Mr. Mystery)The floor underneath Dragonmouth's feet erupted in a burst of blue flame, seemingly of its own accord. Given the hue of Negafire's hair and the flames he was tossing around, there was a pretty obvious suspect. Even if Dragonmouth was smart enough to realize Negafire hadn't attacked him, he would probably never guess that Mr. Mystery was to blame. Mystery was openly laughing now, though it was hard to hear over the clanking of Gadgeteer, the sizzling of the flames, the metal screeches of chairs being dragged across the floor, and the animalistic snarls of Romulus...OOC: I am loving this. :popcorn:~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Madness and Jocasta might be a nice addition to the Lady Hexas team. They're solo heroes, but not very moral ones by the look of it, since Madness is deliberately trying to turn Arscythe insane. They'd fit right in to our dysfunctional little group. :biggrin:IC(NPC) - Dragonmouth @ The Sinful SaloonIt wasn't that Dragonmouth was stupid. It was just that he had a very quick temper. Also a slight inferiority complex; having only been accepted into the Coalition a few weeks ago, Dragonmouth was eager to measure up to the other veteran villains. So when the blue flames burst below him his immediate thought was that Negafire, Invis-O and Metallurge were all doing this on purpose and that because he was one of the new guys they thought he'd be soft enough to push around. He had to show them otherwise. As soon as the flames flared into existence he leapt, pulling his feet up to his torso as much as he could and landed with a roll, avoiding all but the most minor flecks of flame on his supersuit, which was fireproof. He got to his feet, both hands drawing items from his belt - the left one brought with it a sword (again fireproof) and the right one held a series of small, brownish-black capsules. He took a few steps back from the cluster of flames that was now eating into the wooden floor and catching onto adjacent tables and chairs. He'd have to maneuver around this in order to get a good shot at Negafire or Metallurge, but on the flipside it prevented them from hitting him just yet.IC(NPC) - Metallurge @ The Sinful SaloonOnce again, from her open position in the middle of the room Metallurge could see the projectiles coming. Besides, plasma bursts were pretty bright and tended to hiss as they sailed through the air. Metallurge used a burst of magnetic repulsion to propel herself high into the air, twisting her body so as to perform a somersault. In this way she avoided the blasts and, by proxy, the bottles Jocasta had thrown at her as well."Playing the hero after all, eh flameface?" She yelled upon landing. There was a crunching noise as, under her power, a nearby table's legs tore themselves off and wrapped into a rough helix shape, one end pointed like a javelin. It was this end that was aimed at Negafire when Metallurge sent it flying.IC(NPC) - Arscythe @ The Sinful SaloonArscythe continued to struggle telepathically with Madness. Under the strength of his opponent's assault he strongly doubted he could win, but maybe he could hold him back long enough... he was hoping Madness was too focused on the mental realm to notice things that were happening in the real world. Arscythe drew back a foot and aimed it at the hero's gut.IC - Gap @ The Sinful SaloonBy now, most other residents of the Sinful Saloon had gotten up and left, either out of fear of injury or just annoyance that their drinking sessions had been interrupted. The few that remained stood on the sidelines, enjoying the show. Gap observed that the ongoing fighting could be separated into roughly three groups. Negafire, Metallurge, Dragonmouth and Invis-O; the wolf, the cyborg, the hoodie guy and the bronze-armoured one; and Arscythe and the two hostages. Gap immediately ruled out intervening in the last of these three on principle. That left a group of villains she knew versus a group that she didn't. If she was going to try and pacify them then group number one was the logical choice.Hopping off the bar, she jogged a short distance into the middle of the room, between Metallurge and Negafire."Hey," she yelled, then, realising she could hardly be heard over the rest of the noise, "HEY! Are you people dense? Listen! Fight each other if you have to, but do not do it here! This safehouse is more valuable than any one of you! You want the League to discover it? Either stop fighting or get the h*** out!"IC - Gadgeteer @ The Sinful SaloonViktor had been slightly more prepared for the impact this time, having guessed what was going on as soon as his flight path reversed. It still irritated him though. He extricated himself from a cluster of broken glass and spilled alcohol. It would be safer, although slower, for him to approach Romulus on foot - less chance of that magnetic villainness from noticing him then. The place was becoming quite an obstacle course though, what with a small fire having broken out in the middle of the room. He broke into as much of a run as he could manage in the heavy armour, keeping behind the bar...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Finally finished all my final exams!

Abyss managed to remain upright as the psychic shield repelled her, skidding across the dusty battlefield. Her katana almost shattered, but her own will kept the weapon's icy form from breaking. She took a moment to catch her breath, then her expression became a grin."Am I supposed to be scared? You can't even aim properly. This is how you kill someone from a distance." She flung the katana, utilsiing her mental command over water molecules to propel it towards Mastermind at high speed - and on top of that, more water moisture began adding to its form as it soared, until by the time it was close to hitting the psychic it had transformed from a four-foot katana into an eleven-foot lance...
Is it a bad thing that I imagined Abyss in another set of frozen-armor, and using Fellwyd as a noble steed? Kind of unfair on Mastermind, he has no steed to joust on... IC: Mastermind didn't even bat a glowing eye at the approaching impalement device, simply raising his hand and exerting telekinetic power over the object. It shuddered to a stop a short distance from his torso, his power sufficient to counter Abyss's own will driving it foward: whether he could push it back was another question, if he couldn't they were left with a stalemate, but if he could then why wasn't he already? Would he really be so confident as to just toy with her?"How impressive. A shame I don't possess a glass large enough to house this oversized icecube... but surely that is not the best you can manage? I haven't even seen the other one's power yet... that is, presuming he actually HAS any power" Mastermind scoffed, preventing the lance from surging foward but not sending it hurtling back either: he seemed content to let it hang in the air mockingly close. His view of Fellwyd, as a result, was somewhat obstructed though he sensed the alien's mind around... how much of a letdown it would be had it just fled from the battle.

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC - Abyss @ Superbeing Smackdown!"Search me," said Abyss in a strained voice. She was trying to force the ice lance forwards, to overcome Mastermind's tremendous telekinetic strength. "I... figured he was on your side. You know how everyone has an... ugly friend they hang around with to... make themselves look more attractive? Can't think of any other reason he'd... want to... hang around with you." Finally she admitted defeat in the contest of wills, sprinting to the side as the lance suddenly shot backwards. She began asserting her mental dominion over more water molecules in the air. "Still, if he's against you then I suppose I've no reason to call him an enemy. Lucky for him. Reptiles don't do so well in the cold."Over Abyss' arm a circular shield of ice formed. Its surface was purposely made smooth, like a mirror - as she ran Abyss angled it so that it caught the light and glinted at Mastermind. Her aim was to blind him so that the reptilian creature could catch him off-guard. She was too far away to talk to it right now (if it could talk) so she was hoping to judge its physical abilities, superpowers, and general competence by watching what it did next. She kept running though. No point blinding Mastermind if she'd be in the same spot when he regained his vision...

IC: "Oblivious as ever... I'm amazed you take up any space at all in that pretty little head you've squeezed into..." Mastermind sneered in response as the lance flung away. Keeping his eyes on Abyss in turn became his downfall, as even a psychic barrier couldn't block the visual glare shot into his hood. The brightness caused him to hiss in an animalistic fashion, the mutant backpedaling and trying to block the light with a wristblade: he was barely keeping track of her, and unable to send anything her way with a shred of accuarcy. That shift to total attention made Fellwyd now completely unaccounted for...

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)Tilian could hear Gap screaming at the other group in the distance and figured they were now on a much shorter timeline now that she had decided to try and be the peacemaker in this scenario. If she tried to open up a wormhole on them, they were toast, worse than toast. Saosin drew his gun and prepared to fire again - - only to compulsively duck as another table fragment was thrown at him. It wasn't a whole miss: the sharpened table leg hit the tip of his skullcap, plucking it off his head and embedding it into the wall. Fixing his now-revealed blonde hair and snarling, Saosin popped out the empty mag from his pistol and tossed it right at Romulus's dome as he reloaded."Y'know," he yelled. "Maybe when this is over I can have the honors of locking you and your girl Hexas in the Central Park Zoo. That'd be fun, wouldn't it? I'd get you two your own exhibit and then I could watch when my kid brother throws peanuts and fish at you!"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC:Not being very moral allows me some more freedom than very moral. Ask the prefects in my school.IC:Madness had been expecting just that and quickly drew out Fire and shot the ankle of Arscythe, channeling his powers through it, with the aim of creating mental barriers.Jocasta had no choice, but for the more physical approach. She grabbed a full bottle and a lighter. Then with as much alcohol as she could hold in one mouthful, she spat some of it toward Metallurge, and lit the lighter, causing a jet of flame to barrel toward the villianess.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: Tripping Romulus while he was moving didn't alter his forward momentum, and he crashed into Lone and the two dropped (under Saosin's bullets) in a tangle of violence. The werewolf had the upper hand as Lone had sacrificed the 'high ground' by ducking, and the table-half had him pinned with the full weight of the werewolf and its armour on top of it. The beast was right on top of him, claws of one hand ripping and shredding, piercing even the armour of his mechanical limbs while the other put pressure on Lone's neck to hold him down. In this berserker state of mind it was doubtful if Romulus even noticed the spent clip bouncing off his head, let alone the jibe

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)Tilian slid towards the dueling pair and slammed his foot into Romulus's face before clambering to his feet; as the werewolf tried to regain his balance, Tilian stood up and leaned against the bar, firing off bullets at Romulus's chest and shoulders...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Lone)While Lone may have been pinned, he still had robotic strength, along with the nanoforge repairing him as he was being slashed, even if it was slow going because of the deepness of said slashes. Now Lone could still move his hands enough that he got one under Romulus's chest, and the other one, that had one Lone's SMGs in hand, started to let the bullets fly into the werewolf's face. "GET OFF ME"

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Okay, so does anyone have a problem with us trying to rescue Madness and Jocasta?IC: Negafire has ducked the javelin and was about to toss a fireball back at Metallurge when Gap got in the way. He rolled his eyes at her words and scoffed. "Oh come now, my little femme fatale, everyone here saw that I was provoked and am simply defending my honor! And I really hate having a 500 lb suit of armor thrown at me." Ember noticed the fight going on in the corner and threw a fireball at Romulus. "You guys are being loud!" He cried, hopefully covering his real motivation. He glanced at the two hostages, trying to figure out how to save them...IC: Magneta chuckled and nodded, leaning back in her seat. "Yeah, I hate waiting... Being a reporter, I'm kind of used to just being on the go. Being a full-time League member now is kind of funny, there's a lot more waiting then you'd expect, huh?"