To Save The World!

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League JetWith a rush of foresty-smelling air the jet's doors opened up. Before them treetops could be seen; presumably their allies were within the thicket, although practically no light was managing to pierce the thick forest. X-Calibur watched as the heroes made their exits, as quietly as possible. His head was still aching a little bit from the psychic connection; he tried to quickly run over things in case there was something he was overlooking. X-Calibur always tried to be at his strategic best while on a mission; he knew how simple mistakes could often end up being deadly.IC - Gadgeteer @ The Sinful SaloonGadgeteer was losing patience with Romulus, and with Lone still reeling from the broken nose and Negafire facing off against Mr. Mystery their group was becoming more vulnerable by the second. He still held the two pipes he'd ripped out of the bar - he lunged forwards, aiming to try and bind Romulus' wrists/ankles with them again."Assist me," was all he said to Saosin, as he closed in.IC(NPC) - Metallurge @ The Sinful SaloonStill out of breath, Metallurge was hardly in any position to detect psychic hands being hurled at her. She staggered backwards as the unexpected blows hit her, tripped - and fell into a wormhole and out of sight.IC - Gap @ The Sinful Saloon"Since you're a hostage of ours," said Gap to Madness, as she closed the wormhole that had claimed Metallurge, "why don't you try to bargain with me? If you can provide me with some interesting information... I promise the wormhole I send you through won't lead straight into the centre of a volcano." Gap was winging it a little it here. She didn't know why Madness or his ally had been captured in the first place, or who exactly they were allied with - were they League, were they solo heroes? The fact that they had been kidnapped rather than be killed suggested that the Coalition had had some purpose in mind for them, though, so it was reasonable to assume they might possess valuable information...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)Tilian nodded and, after tying off the rest of his hoodie over his shoulder to try and stop the blood flow from the bullet wound, moved in and fired off a bullet at Romulus's temple. The bullet would no doubt bounce off the werewolf's helmet and probably wouldn't do any real lasting damage, but the bullet would resonate on the helmet, disorienting Romulus long enough for Gadgeteer to move in and bind him...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: NilExiting League JetNil's hand was already on the butt of his pistol as he followed Epsilon down the exit ramp. The leap at the end was long but manageable; he landed amongst the mottled shadows of leaves and moved away from the jet in case its passing had been detected. When he and the other heroes stopped within a tight collection of trees, shades of deep green and brown filling their peripheral vision, Nil finally spoke. "Where do we go now?"

Edited by Legolover-361

IC:l"Of course. We are not immortal and for me, that's interesting." he said. " Now, tell me, who sent someone to kill a receptionist of the League and take said receptionist's place?" he asked. He readied himself. The answer he gave was very riskyJocasta tried to access her library and get it redownloaded into the database only to find several problems. First off, someone was trying to hack into it. Second, someone had implanted key loggers, spikes and worms into everything and signed it with their own signature.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC - Gap @ The Sinful Saloon"I believe I asked you a question," said Gap with a raised eyebrow. "Not that I could answer yours anyway. The Coalition might have been responsible, we might not. I'm not aware of everything the organisation gets up to..."

IC: N-Ber shivered as the temperature dropped, then chuckled. He snapped his fingers and an orb of plasma the size of his head sprang to life. The superheated gas counteracted the cold, the ice starting to melt. N-Ber then addressed Madness, yelling to be heard over the noise. "Yo, I got a deal for you! You help me out of this sticky situation and give me and hand with the shark lady thing, and you get to go home! Whadaya say?"IC: Magneta smiled and nodded to Loadstone, then pulled out her handful of marbles. The metal orbs floated in front of her, then flew to coat the heroine in a thin layer. Using her metal 'skin', she lifted herself off the floor and flew out of the jet, hovering by the others as she took in her surroundings.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Madness was in a sticky situation. He had barely enough energy left, just enough to fuel his guns.But maybe if he created a mental barrier in Gap's mind? She didn't seem to have any experience in tearing down any mental barrier.He created a rather shoddy one in Gap's mind. There's no knowing what would happen.He used the last reserves of his energy to fire his guns and blast a hole on the floor near N-Ber.He ran towards it, hoping that N-Ber would get the idea.

Edited by Trad of Law and Order

"Wer Traumt?"

OOC: Just to be clear, is Madness blasting a hole in the wall in order to escape? I'm slightly confused by the wording...

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Just to be clear to the people coming off the League Jet - it didn't touchdown, that's why X-Calibur has to briefly leave you so he can find a safe place to land it. You're trying to jump out discreetly.IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League JetWhen the others had successfully disembarked from the jet, X-Calibur closed the exit doors and set the craft on a path for the closest clearing. Though it was still invisible, with Skyra gone there was now no way to mask the turbulence. Maybe I should have asked him to stay, too, thought X-Calibur. Hopefully that oversight won't cost us.About a minute later the jet came to a stop and descended gently to the ground. X-Calibur reopened the doors so that he and Loadstone could emerge, then watched as they closed up. With the jet's invisibility circuits still active, its interior seemed to vanish completely from the world. X-Calibur motioned to Loadstone to follow him as he walked to the edge of the clearing, standing under the shadow of the forest.X-Calibur's helmet HUD marked the location of the League Jet, so that he would have no trouble finding it later. Then, using information he'd uploaded into it back at the League HQ, it mapped out a rough image of the area including the last known location of the other heroes. As he travelled, its sensors would gather additional data in order to flesh out the area map and make navigation easier. To Loadstone, X-Calibur appeared to stand still and quiet for several moments, before announcing in a hushed voice: "Take us in that direction as fast as you can. Stay below the treetops; try not to hit any branches or cause much noise."IC - Gap @ The Sinful SaloonAs Madness broke into a run Gap narrowed her eyes, focusing in order to create a wormhole in his path just as she'd done to Jocasta. But... nothing happened. She was confused. She was trying to activate her powers, but... it felt like something was preventing her mind from reaching the proper focus, like a wall was standing in the way of her concentration. She had no idea that Madness was responsible, so she tried again, harder. She clenched her fists as she continued to concentrate...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: @Zacax; how do you put a gun barrel on the tip on energy sword? Wouldn't just get melted or fall off? And with the buster punch, does the first fly off or are the rockets just to make it hit harder (since you mentioned he could use it to fly it sounds like it could be attached). If he does launch it, does he then have to recover the fist or can he regenerate a new one?IC: Saosin needn't have bothered, Romulus was already too dazed and beaten up to resist Gadgeteer. The pipes were bound round his legs and arms to pin him

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)"Alright, then," said Saosin, moving forward to help Gadgeteer transport Romulus. "Let's jet."-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC- Gadgeteer @ The Sinful SaloonGadgeteer grabbed the bound Romulus and hoisted him over his shoulder. He was a little surprised at how heavy the villain was, even in human form.He made to march out of the Sinful Saloon, then paused after a few steps. Negafire was still mixed up with the villains back there... well, it was a sacrifice he had chosen to make. Waiting for or helping him would only hinder their own objectives. Gadgeteer continued walking; they managed to make an exit without hindrance and were soon outside. Gadgeteer climbed onto their League jet and hurled Romulus onto one of the passenger seats."Get us in the air," he said to Saosin. The last thing they needed now was for a villain to stumble upon their craft. Once they were safety up high, the questioning of Romulus could begin...

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)"Sure thing," said Saosin, helping the still-disoriented Lone into a chair and hopping into the pilot's seat; his hands flew over the control panel as he prepped the jet for takeoff, and, wasting no time, he pulled the Jet into the air and cloaked it. Spinning around, Tilian looked at the group and cursed mentally at the pain in his shoulder. "Anyone got any clue where to go now?"-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Alias: Ronin

Appearance: Citizen mode: dark brown hair, usually wears a green t-shirt and jeans. Alias: Has a dual swordpack on back, has two shortswords in hip sheath, carries a pistol, costume: Black ninja suit, silver-green armor on chest,shoulder, knees and elbows, and carries bowie knives in foot holsters.

Power: Extreme acrobatics

Allegiance: Solo

Area: CANADA (escaped)

Bio: Half japanese, half canadian. always liked ninjas, samurais, and the like. doesn't like sitting still, likes swords, and like doing good deeds, hates being confused as a villain.

Edited by Raiden: Toa of Storms

OOC: ... So... They just ditched N-Ber? So much for Tillian's deal... You know what? I'm getting him back on that jet!IC: N-Ber ducked as Madness blasted the floor, then looked at the man in confusion. "Um... Actually, I've been causing my distraction for long enough, we can leave now." Ember whirled around and threw a plasma spark at the nearest wall, blowing a hole in it big enough to fly through. He motioned for Madness to follow him, then burst into flame, rocketing through the hole. He flew towards the jet, trying to go faster as it began to lift off. He got closer and closer as the jet began to disappear from view, then finally landed above the cockpit at thr cloak fully engaged. He banged on the roof, hoping that someone inside remembered about the bay in the back that could be opened remotely... He also hoped Madness could fly. If not, he'd try to get them to go back under cloak. Otherwise, Madness was at least out of the hands of the Coalition...

IC(NPC) - Invis-O @ Outside the Sinful SaloonInvis-O had fled, but he hadn't fled far. A short distance from the Sinful Saloon was a public bench; he was sitting on it, still invisible. His plan was to wait until the chaos inside the bar died down. With the drinks he'd already had, coupled with the fact it was quite late, he was starting to feel drowsy. He was shocked to attention, however, when in a flash one wall of the Sinful Saloon burst open. Out streaked Negafire, his blue flames lighting up the sky - Invis-O watched as he soared up toward a dark shape amongst the clouds, one that faded out of sight the moment Negafire reached it.An ordinary civilian might have disregarded the sight as a trick of the light, but being a Coalition member Invis-O knew all to well what the craft was. A League Jet. Now that was curious...

Edited by Kumata

NPC: The lack of response was troubling. Even more so the fact that X-Calibur had apparently cut contact entirely not long after the message was sent. Ultionis had considered the possibility that something had happened on board the jet - some kind of attack, maybe? How? Teleportation, phasing, too many possibilities - but opted to give it a few more minutes before jumping to conclusions. He tried to mime as much to Mr. No-One, but a lot of this wasn't part of standard military sign language. He'd resorted to crude pantomime. Not one of his strong suits.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: (Lone)Lone's visor had repaired about half way, and then he took it off, wiping off the remaining bits of glass. "Are there any med-kits on board?"

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC:"Great." Madness ran, but the problem was the boost he could give himself wasn't high enough to reach the jet. But wait, what's this?He grabbed the hook on his belt. He jumped and swung it, causing it to catch on the wing of the jet."Hold..on..." he muttered through gritted teeth. He ran up a nearby tree and jumped, twisting himself and using the last of his powers to boost the jump. He landed on the wing and promptly fainted. The battle with Metallurge had taken a lot out of him.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: E30E30 formulated a plan to separate Epsilon from the rest of the group. After all, not even he could stand up against this amount of heroes. Or could he..? Now was not the time to find out. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. Quickly diving into a bush, he took the form of someone he knew Epsilon would recognize...IC: EpsilonEpsilon was scanning the foliage when something caught his eye. He blinked. Could it be?"Hang on a sec, guys," he said, cautiously approaching what he thought he had seen, "I'm gonna go check something out."

Edited by Zyke the destroyer

67tlbk.png

OOC: so hex, am I able to join?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: so hex, am I able to join?
@Zacax; how do you put a gun barrel on the tip on energy sword? Wouldn't just get melted or fall off? And with the buster punch, does the first fly off or are the rockets just to make it hit harder (since you mentioned he could use it to fly it sounds like it could be attached). If he does launch it, does he then have to recover the fist or can he regenerate a new one?
Haven't seen these answered

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I have sent a pm explaining what the gun blade would be like along with editing my submission post.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Epsilon and E30Seeing as nobody was stopping him, Epsilon moved further into the forest in pursuit of what he thought was Carter Edwards. He was extremely confused and wondered why the administrator of Project Epsilon was in the forest. Then it hit him. Edwards was there to kill him. He stopped running and looked around. Edwards was nowhere in sight. Just as Epsilon stopped running, a large mass of bark began to peel from a nearby tree. The shape twisted and transformed until it resembled Epsilon, but with jet black hair and completely white eyes."Wha...what are you?" Epsilon stuttered, amazed and frightened by what just happened."I'm your doom."With that, a sharp, jagged bone shot out of E30's wrist.Epsilon's screams could be heard across the forest.

Edited by Zyke the destroyer

67tlbk.png

NPC: Ultionis' head snapped up at the sound. A scream. Pain. And it was either very loud or very close by - maybe both. Part of him was worried about the noise giving them away. Mostly he was worried about someone nearby getting maimed so badly as to make a noise like that. Without further pause the soldier took off, quick as a deer, through the forest toward the sound of the scream. What he found was... actually, he had no idea what it was. On the one hand there was one of the team - Epsilon, if he remembered right - and on the other was what looked like a bad copy of him. The greatest difference between the two however was not in the coloration, but the fact that Epsilon was on the ground, bleeding with something in his chest. The clone or whatever had his arm extended. It wasn't hard to work out what had just happened.In a snap decision Ultionis pulled out his pistols (silenced) and went with the old standby for live captures: Two simultaneous shots, one in each shin.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: E30 and EpsilonHowever, E30 didn't collapse. The bullets were pushed out of his shins before the wounds vanished completely."There shall be no interference," he stated in a monotone voice, launching a spike at the newcomer.Epsilon wrapped his hands around the jagged projectile, pulling it from his chest cavity and breathing heavily while his healing powers took effect.

67tlbk.png

NPC: Ultionis' armor was rated to withstand a direct hit from a Saiga-12 shotgun at medium range with minimal damage to the wearer. He wasn't sure what this spike was in terms of gauge, but it wasn't that. He raised his guns further and, since this one seemed to have a powerful regenerative factor, fired freely at the torso area, aiming not so much to kill as to inflict enough damage that his opponent would need time to heal and enough pain that he wouldn't hit back. And if that failed, he had incendiary rounds in his back pocket that would cauterize the wounds. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC(Mr. No-One): Soon after Ultionis ran towards whoever was screaming, the spy heard gunfire - not exactly the best thing for a stealthy approach. Deciding that, whatever was going on, the soldier could probably deal with it well enough, the CIA agent went in the opposite direction along the wall, probing for gaps and keeping an eye on the ground below, lest he fall into one of the traps he'd seen further back. It was slow going, but, hopefully, he could put enough distance between himself and the disturbance to avoid capture.IC(Fellwyd): Since Mastermind had aimed his attack at Fellwyd's head, it was a simple enough matter to duck below the strike. When Mastermind turned to launch a cluster of psychic blasts at Abyss, the alien aimed a strike at Mastermind's abdomen, lunging forward to rake the icy claws across the psychic's body - or, more likely, just across his shield.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:E30 took several rounds to the torso but managed to dive behind a tree before he took too much damage."Your efforts are futile," he intoned, audibly panting. Epsilon, however, was almost fully healed and lunged at his clone, causing the pair to tumble down a nearby hill. When they reached the bottom, the original was the one to get up first and proceeded to kick his grounded copy. E30 retaliated by tripping Epsilon and readying another bone spike to fire as his skeleton took time to heal after he used this attack. Also, to confuse anyone foolish enough to interrupt the squabble, he shifted his face to look exactly like his opponent.

67tlbk.png

OOC: Negafire is waiting for /some/ sort of response to his banging on the jet, and I don't really know what the holdup is in the forest... Suppose Magneta can help out.IC: Magneta had heard the scream and flew through the woods, soon finding the source. It was Epsilon fighting... Epsilon. Lovely. She looked at her metal-coated form, it should be enough to withstand a bone attack. She flew between the two, pressing on both their chests and making the metal arms rigid so they couldn't get at each other. "Alright, enough! Which one's the real Epsilon, we need to get on with this mission!"

[iC - Mystic] Mystic stepped down out of the jet, her eyes glowing white as her psychic aura radiated around her. Both the Epsilons felt another presence in their heads, carefully examining their thoughts."Pardon me if I do not take you at your word. A thorough examination of your minds should be more than sufficient to reveal the impostor," she said. "One cannot simply lie to a psychic."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.