To Save The World!

IC: White Lightning shouldn't have wasted his time asking questions. The gun went off, a sudden flare of light and sound. Fortunately his wriggling in trying to sever his bonds had shifted him enough that the bullet that had been intended for his head went through his shoulder, throwing him backwards as it tore through flesh and bone

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Arrghh!"

Luckily my bonds have been broken. I suddenly cause a power shortage, causing the lights to break. I close my visor and silently made my way out of the room. But someone just had to be coming in to the door, so I slice him killing him with a fatal swipe of my sword.

I see a nice stack of crates, towering up into the skyline. I start climbing up towards the skyline.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

A bullet almost hits him. He pulls out his word and furiously swats away the bullets. A bullet hit the glass, shattering it, sending glass raining down from the sky. He takes a few shards. He charges them with electricity, throwing them at the gunmen, striking them in the heart. They have a slight seizure before they die. He gets on top of the roof, revealing his location at the docks. He starts running hopping from building from building. He jumps off, hiding behind a building.

"Did I just do that? I can control electricity?"

He hears a disturbance.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

OOC: Well Gadgeteer has said a couple of things that I hoped would invite discussion, but nevermind, let's get this show on the road. I've sent out some PMs. Hopefully Saosin's still with us...

IC - Gadgeteer @ Los Angeles Hotel

"If we are done discussing our course of action for today - and finished eating - we should waste no further time," announced Gadgeteer, standing up...

IC:

(Lone)

Lone got up. He wasn't one for planning, so with a half plan set, He was ready to rock. Putting his helmet on, Lone ran a few system checks. Needed to make sure the anuims suite was working.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC:

(Tragedy/Lord Death)

At least, it would have, if Tragedy's hearing and other sense changed when he shifted. All Alex's shifting did was change his shape, no more, no less. Tragedy was knocked back, but only by the concussive force of the sound attack. It still hurt, but only on normal human's hearing level. This though, brought Alex back, and his fur switched back from gray to it's normal jet black. Falling to his knees, Alex had no idea what was happening anymore, then he passed out, unable to stay awake.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC(ozo):ozo looked up as the hoverboard hurtled toward him at an awkward angle.he had just barely freed his right hand and knew that there was little chance of it stopping or even catching it,though his armor should protect him from any damage he could take from the impact.ozo made a split second decision:maybe it was time to lay low and watch the battle for a while.he put his hands up just in time as the hoverboard crashed into him at top speed.he willed it to keep at top acceleration.he was really glad now more than ever that trazitaur weapons were inable to leave the user.he held onto it as it pulled him out of the rubble and he dissapeared into an alley.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC:

Saosin, in turn, stood up and checked the working order of both the Desert Eagle he'd confiscated back at the Sinful Saloon and his MEUSOC; determining that both the guns were in working order, the League hero took a last sip of his orange juice and washed it down with a gulp as his mind switched back into gear...

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Ymper Trymon has no further interest in RPing here, so his characters (Fellwyd and The Whistler) are gonna be quietly kicked out of their ongoing plots. Glad the rest of you came back, though.

IC - Gadgeteer @ Los Angeles

With Saosin, Lone and Madness in tow, Gadgeteer marched out of the hotel and out into the bright morning. Too bright, for his liking. Hold on, they were one short. Where'd The Whistler disappear to? The garishly-costumed hero emerged from the hotel a minute later than the rest with a concerned expression, pocketing a mobile phone as he did so.

"I'm uh, going to have to part way with you all, I'm afraid," he said. "There's been a major... well it seems that one billion dollars were just erased from the Federal Reserve System. Probably some supervillain's doing, but nevertheless, you get the idea of how bad this is for me, being a multinational businessman... I need to get back to my company, help it recover from this mess."

Gadgeteer stared at him. First Negafire, now The Whistler... the loss of another teammate irked him, but in all honestly of the current group The Whistler was the one he was least concerned about losing. Forcing The Whistler to stay would do little good - he'd be too distracted to focus on their mission properly - plus it wouldn't seem very heroic.

"Do what you must," Gadgeteer said after an intense pause. "Do not betray us."

"No, I'll keep everything we've been up to a secret, I just really need to get back," The Whistler assured him. "You guys carry on, I can get a plane..." And with that he turned away, drawing his mobile phone again.

Gadgeteer watched The Whistler go, then turned to Saosin. "I assume we still have use of your League Jet. It will be useful for approaching General Warner's place of residence undetected." The League Jet's standard invisibility function would come in handy.

IC(NPC) - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of America

Lord Death might have been dealt with but unfortunately the heroes still had a more pressing problem - literally. The Robo-Robber who was projecting the forcefield was still walking forwards, the shimmering field before him stretching from wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling with no gaps. His unconscious allies scraped forwards as the forcefield pushed against them. The stairway they had used to get here from the ground floor was beyond the forcefield. There was no way out.

The leader of the Robo-Robbers stepped away from the bank's computer terminal, detaching a few cables that trailed from his suit. He stood beside the Robo-Robber projecting the forcefield and gestured - he was probably saying something, but the field blocked all sound. Then the leader of the Robo-Robbers ascended the stairway, as the forcefield edged ever closer...

OOC: I'm gonna give you all a bit longer to think up a way out of this. There is at least one solution, though there may be more depending on how creative you get.

Edited by Kumata

IC: Omega had no intention of letting him go that easily. He'd almost lost one convict already and the other was probably long gone by now - this third one was going down if he had to throw him down personally. In fact, with the day he was having, he kind of hoped he would. The hero hopped into the air and flew off after the armored rider with Apep's sphere trailing behind him on an energy link, probably shaking her like a rattle in the process. Oops. Omega called after the rider, "Get back here! Surrender now and you'll go to prison with only the bruises you already have!"

|H-D|

IC: Well, the animal control crisis seemed to have been somehow taken care of. Shard would have asked what just happened, especially since that little sonic burst had rattled him - it wasn't directed anywhere near him, but high-frequency sonic emmissions around him always gave him some trouble. It was like how a person's teeth felt odd when nails went on a chalkboard or plates were scraped, but crystal had it even worse. Unfortunately, just as he was going to ask, he noticed the force field was getting uncomfortably close.

Luckily Shard had faced force fields before, during the Armada invasion. He'd learned a trick for using his arms, shaped in a specifically refractive pattern, to cut through them and create a small gap that he could lead the rest of his body through, allowing him to take out the field emitter. While it was possible that these force fields were another type, this detail - or even the idea that there were different types of force field - did not really occur to him, so he formed the appropriate shape on his arms and shoved them at the field, aiming to penetrate a single point and create the gap.

*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC - Apep @ New York

"Ugh! You sure you got a license for this thing?" Apep called out as she was rocked side-to-side with the energy sphere's haphazard trailing.

With a choke, the Police Officer who still had a length of her paper trapped within his nasal cavity stumbled along the street, following Omega. Apep was causing the paper to rub against his flesh, not enough to cut but just to cause an incessant itching; only when he moved in the direction that the itching was aimed from did the sensation fade. Apep repeated this a few times and the Police Officer quickly got the idea, that he was being induced to move in a certain direction.

Her range of control would let her keep him hostage from a few blocks away, but Apep wanted him to remain close anyway. If he was out of sight there was always the possibility of him being rescued by another hero - Omega was with the League, he might have silently alerted them - but if she could see him then she would know exactly when make good on her threats of mutilation.

Despite the bumpy ride she was quite enjoying herself now. Being tricked into spilling Coalition secrets was a fair price to pay, she decided, for ending up in a situation where she could force two heroes to duel.

In the wake of the Technax Armada's invasion a lot of damaged alien tech had been left littered across the planet. This had been cleared and collected by various authorities and, as the world restored itself, studied and reverse-engineered. This had in turn led to a number of technological breakthroughs, and the company that had designed the multi-purpose armoured suits that the criminal gang known as the 'Robo-Robbers' had stolen (and were now wearing) had utilised certain schematics gleaned from these breakthroughs.

To get to the point: the force-field generating mechanism within the remaining Robo-Robber's suit was a direct copy of the kind used by the Technax Armada.

So Shard's pointed arms struck the surface of the forcefield and, with an electric buzz and a ripple upon the mostly-transparent field, penetrated it.

The Robo-Robber saw this and increased his pace. So certain was he of the impenetrability of his forcefield that he carried no weapons. All he could do was move faster, trying to crush the heroes before they could make use of the widening gap...

OOC: Sorry for the lateness.

IC:

White Lightning deflets the bullet, then sends a shard of glass (he kept some of them), to the gunman. (This is not L.O.A.B). He then heads into the building on his left. He barricades himself in, trying to buy himself some time, to stitch himself up. He gets the First AID kit from a cabinet, then proceeds to fix his wound.

He finally stitches up the wound;cleaning himself of the blood left from the procedure. He then changes into a dock workers uniform that was left in the building.

He then takes out the barricades and proceeds out of the docks, trying not to be recognized by the armed men who are still chasing White Lightning.

IC: Silver did not seem to appreciate the aquakinetic's sentiment.

"It isn't the League's responsibility to clean up my mess. The entire reason he found Earth at all was because I drew him here by holding onto that rock, and now that his invasion failed he's only going to be more driven to cause as much devastation as possible.... if he survived then he needs to be dealt with. Permanently." the mutant seemed adamant Technax would still be a great threat to Earth as a whole even with his Armarda oblitered, nor that he would remain limited as some of the League's normal criminal opposition. "Too many people died in the invasion for him to just sit in a cell until he escapes..."

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC(ozo):how did things go so bad so fast?he had been trying to capture apep and deliver her personally to the proper authorities,but he had let his frustration cloud his mind to the fact that omega was also trying to capture apep and had blindly charged into battle, making his goal so much farther from reality.he knew he should surrender to keep it from worsening,but he also knew that this wasnt an opportune time to distract the guy with the only thing keeping apep at bay.he had to think of some way to get omega to realize whom is on who's side before he was blasted again.he seriously didnt want to be buried in rubble thrice in one day.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC: (Loadstone)

The elevator shaft was indeed just shortly down the tunnel, or rather, the side corridor that led to it was. The gaping black hole where the lift should have been swallowed the feeble light from the motion-sensing lights above, emphasizing its depth. As they approached, Loadstone slammed the teenager against the wall just shy of the opening, giving him an excellent view of the drop beside him.

"Okay, kid, here's the deal," he told the Villain in a tone that screamed "Don't try my patience!". "My friend here wants to toss you down this shaft and be rid of you." He gestured toward Ultionis. "I'm not sure if you'd survive the fall, so I'm not going to do that unless you give me a good reason to. You following me so far?"

The teenager glanced at the elevator shaft, then back at Loadstone. "What do you want from me?" he asked in calm, resigned manner that seemed to ignore the fear in his eyes.

"You're going to answer a few questions that our buddy Clearsight didn't have the answers to," Loadstone replied. He paused, then added "That might be a bit easier if I knew your name."

"It's Prism," he said noncommittally, darting another glance toward the elevator shaft. "What do you want to know?"

OOC: I'm going to give Ultionis a chance to interrupt, considering he seems to be the expert on questioning and tactics, and it would seem a bit out of place for Loadstone to be asking pointed questions after being almost completely silent back in the security center.

~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC: Omega staunchly ignored Apep, just as it seemed the nameless other villain was ignoring him. He fired a low-level blast off just to the left of the armored boarder, just one foot away from his back. "That was your last warning shot!" He called. "I can and will smack you into a hole in the ground. You caught me on a really bad day, camarada, and resisting now is only gonna make me madder!" Part of him was hoping this guy would keep running. He could use a punching bag. On the bright side, both pursuer and pursuee had sped up considerably as was the way of chases, taking them further and further from the cop with the papyrus up his nose. Probably out of Apep's range by now.

|H-D|

IC: It didn't take Shard long at all to open the hole wide and step through with practised ease. His arms, already ending in large, pointed spikes, now grew razor edges on the insides as he pulled an old trick the more experienced heroes had taught him: Swaggering. If you made it clear you would resort to violence, and looked sufficiently scary while doing it, you often didn't have to. With three-foot, diamond blades sticking out of his forearms that was pretty much a given. And now to round it off: "These were made to go through forcefields," he said, grinning, "but I've found they also make great can openers." He raised the two sharpened appendages threateningly. "I'm not being too subtle here, am I?"

He wished he could take credit for thinking that up on the spot, but he'd actually used the same line a few months ago on an Armada robot with a force field of its own. As the robot had no capacity to process fear this was utterly wasted, but hopefully it would work better here.

*H-D*

NPC: "He wasn't supposed to survive," Ultionis remarked offhandedly. Then he got down to business and stepped forward, extracting a small device from his pocket about the size and shape of an iPod nano, from which he in turn withdrew a small, semi-transparent piece of plastic. He slapped the plastic on the crystal teenager's forehead, where the adhesive sealed it tight. "This is a psychic lie detector," he said, showing him the screen, which had a flat line on it. "It reads your brainwaves. It's going to tell us if you're messing with us. If you lie to me, he drops you. If you try to scream or alert anyone in the base, he drops you. If I think you're too shifty or don't like what I'm hearing, he drops you. And before you ask, no, he won't like it, but we have orders not to allow confirmed security risks. Just ask Clearsight, if you can find enough of his head."

With this made clear he flipped the screen so he saw it and the villain didn't. In point of fact it was not a lie detector - it was an actual iPod nano, with his hand covering any marks that would identify it as such. The patch was the screen protector. The first answer he got would predictably be a test to see if it was actually telling him anything, so if it sounded too shady Ultionis would tell Lodestone "I don't think he's taking us seriously." And after a bit of posturing, maybe drop him and catch him a few feet down, they could get some more reliable information.

"Let's start with the easy stuff," he said. "What is this facility? What's it for? What are you doing here?"

(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Sluice @ Epsilon

"But you didn't know he was looking for the crystal. You didn't know Technax even existed until the invasion," Sluice countered. "I understand how you feel... and I honestly won't be surprised if Technax does return in some way... but just - just bear in mind that you've plenty of allies who'll fight by your side."

She fell silent, unsure of what else to say. She hoped they would reach Birkholm soon. Things were all wrong; Silver was alive but he wasn't himself. In a way it was almost like the Silver she'd known before hadn't come back at all. But if Dr. Ostermann could treat the mutation then Silver would go back to his old personality and everything would be fine, or at least Sluice hoped so.

"J-just stay where you are or, or I'll keep going!" After Shard had stepped through the forcefield it had closed again, keeping the rest of the heroes trapped on the other side. They were quite close to the back wall now too. If the Robo-Robber sprinted he might be able to crush them before Shard got to him. But sprinting would bring him closer to Shard. And then there was another matter...

Amongst the lesser villains of the world - the ones who didn't care much for world domination but were just content to rob a bank or two, maybe commit some property destruction for the heck of it or earn a bit of cash by being a henchman for a more ambitious villain - there was an unspoken rule that they (or at least, the smart ones) tried to stick to even if it was detrimental to their current scheme: don't kill heroes. Civilians, other villains, anti-heroes, those were fair game. But straight-up Heroes were like super-powered celebrities; loved and respected by many, and with a great deal of super-powered and influential friends with strong ideas of justice. In a way the hero community was like a lawful mafia, in that killing one would earn you the scorn and wrath of almost every other hero that knew them. The big villains, the ones with far more power than the average hero or who were part of an organisation (IE the Coalition of Corruption) needn't adhere to this rule as they could defend themselves against said wrath. But a small-time thug, even one with powers? It'd be easier to cut out the middle man and just walk straight into jail.

It was because of this unwritten rule that - despite appearances to the contrary - the forcefield-projecting Robo-Robber hadn't actually been planning to kill the heroes. He was hoping they'd get scared and surrender, or maybe run out of air and pass out. But now Shard had gotten through and if the Robo-Robber chose to break that rule, those diamond blades would be aiming for him next...

He carried no other weapons and his forcefield was ineffective. With no other choice, the Robo-Robber turned and bolted for the stairs...

Edited by Kumata

IC:

"Right," Saosin confirmed. "Whistler's out, I guess, soooo...I'll pilot."

The group - now once again four in number - followed Tilian's lead to the jet again, where they settled in comfortably; this gave the Californian League operative a chance to glance around at the team. It had not yet been a day since this mission had kicked into gear, but it felt as though it had truly been weeks and weeks of tracking down leads, operatives, more leads, strategics, adjusting the team dynamic...

And, through it all, Saosin reflected as the jet roared to life, he still found that he couldn't wholly trust Gadgeteer...

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Having allies is cold comfort when another of my screwups could get you all killed..." Silver grumbled, his eyes narrowing as he turned away to stare intently at a viewscreen of the rapidly moving scenery. He did not believe Sluice truly understood.... how could she? She had not drawn a warlord to Earth, causing untold devastation and countless fatalities... she had not been captured and subjected to excruitiating torture.... her reward for saving the planet from this threat had not been to be transformed into a monster. She understood nothing.

"Approaching Birkholm now. If I may, I can provide the specialist with my own data and our combined efforts should be able to discover a solution that much faster" Esp chimed in as they slowed and began a descent.

"Whatever..."

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC: Right when he leaves the dock, a man goes up to him and says, "Hey, you! Yeah you. Have you seen some dude in ninja armor running around?" Ninja armor, I should kill this guy right away. But I can't blow my cover. "No, haven't seen anyone like that lately." "Let us know if you see him, alright." "Well do."

Jack leaves the docks, heading back into the city of Arlington.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

IC: (Loadstone)

After Ultionis stuck the screen protector to his forehead, Prism nearly went cross-eyed trying to see it. Loadstone raised an eyebrow at the theatrics, but combined with folding his arms and shifting his stance it seemed more of threatening gesture than an incredulous one. Prism took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and continued in the same neatly controlled voice he'd managed thus far.

"From what I've been able to gather, the Coalition has had a base here for years. Back during the height of Coalition power, it was standard practice to build safe houses, storage facilities, and hangars anywhere they thought would be safe from prying eyes. I suppose it only makes sense, but they never had the manpower to staff all these places, so a lot of them are used for storage or were just abandoned. I've heard that no one had set foot here for a decade until the Coalition decided to use this place again.

"I was stationed here about a week ago. I assume they wanted me here because of the nature of my power, because I'm nothing but glorified security. I don't have clearance to go anywhere important, I'm not allowed to leave, and everybody just sort of acts like I'm part of the furniture."

~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet

As he settled into a seat within the League jet Viktor performed a series of checks. First they were internal; he checked that his armoured battle suit was operating smoothly and made notes of specifics that could - when he had the time - be improved. He then scanned the interior of the jet, observing his three teammates.

Madness. The newest addition and not wholly trustworthy, partly because he'd done nothing in particular to earn their trust, partly because Viktor mistrusted psychics anyway. However, psychic abilities were certainly a useful asset to any superpowered team.

Lone. Similar to himself in many ways. Obviously Lone possessed a sense of heroism and set of morals that Viktor lacked, but since they both shared the same goal currently that was irrelevant.

Saosin. Simultaneously the most useful and most dangerous member of the team, at least as far as Viktor was concerned. His being a part of the League gave the team access to such useful things as a hypersonic jet, but it did also mean that if he discovered Viktor's secret - that he was currently wanted within the US for years' worth of criminal charges, up to and including murder - there'd be no chance of escape.

As for Carapace, there were too many unknowns involved to even begin analysing him.

"Alert me when we are nearing General Warner's residence," he called to Saosin. "I will need a moment to switch into the appropriate Mode."

IC - Sluice @ Epsilon

Sluice felt a pang of anger at what she saw as Silver's stubborn pessimism. Remembering Doctor Cole's advice, she was about to express it, but realised that antagonising Silver would be a bad idea. At best it'd increase his foul mood, at worst they could break into a full-blown argument, and for everyone's sake she ought to try and keep Silver docile. So, as per usual, she swallowed her emotions.

Fellwyd had been characteristically quiet during the journey, though as the gangplank was lowered he seemed a little reluctant to leave. Sluce noticed this and said to him:

"You can wait here on Esp if you like. I don't think what we're doing will be of much interest to you anyway."

He'd described himself as a soldier, so she assumed he would have no interest in witnessing a conversation with a xenobiologist. Not to mention one in terms of Earth science - the Diemawr might have an utterly different system of understanding the workings of the universe, so scientific terms might prove difficult for the alien's translator. Whatever the reason, Fellwyd accepted her offer, nodding and turning to seat himself patiently upon one of the long metal benches that lined the walls.

Sluice followed Silver outside. It was sunny, but not particularly warm. A salty sea breeze rustled their grassy surroundings. In the distance a herd of cows grazed. Brick buildings were dotted about; some of them houses, none of them grouped too closely together. It reminded Sluice of a rural English village, and that sense of familiarity made her relax, enforced her feelings that things would turn out okay.

She checked the piece of paper on which Mentor had written Dr. Ostermann's address...

OOC: Take it from here LoaB.

Edited by Kumata

IC: @Hospital

Jack entered the hospital asking for a doctor to help him remove the bullet that is still lodged his shoulder.

"I need a doctor right away. I've been shot and the bullet is still inside. Though I stitched up the wound."

IC(NPC): Front Desk Clerk

"Okay, I'll get a doctor here right away if you come with me sir."

IC: Jack

He walks towards a room the the clerk has ordered him to stay in while she gets a doctor.

IC: Birkholm wasn't what you might call large. Or medium sized. It barely qualified as small. Before Dr. Ostermann had moved in there had been a grand total of ten permanent residents. Sluice could in fact see what she could safely assume was the institution on a small hill; she could make the assumption because it had been built like a firework factory. Low, with very little ceiling and what looked like thick walls. Someone had anticipated explosions building that place

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Well, it's been a long time, but I think I'm going to see if I can get a bit more mileage out of this thing, just for a bit. I'm going to go ahead and do a hard reset on my characters, now that I've become a better writer.Real Name: John D. SchmidtAlias: Zoo, sometimes referred to as 'the beast.'Appearance: Zoo is tall and leanly athletic, built almost like a predatory cat. He wears a dark green hoodie and black pleather duster, as well as black biker slacks and heavy boots. His face is concealed behind a lone-ranger style mask, and he usually augments the disguise with yellow or blue wolfish eyes.Power: Zoo is a shapeshifter, capable of taking the forms of several varieties of animal. He can also access many of their abilities without fully transforming.Allegiance: Solo Hero.Area: Typically America. Bio: John was originally a fairly boring person, much to the consternation of his brothers. Indeed, he was a bit of a cool guy, as the forum saying goes. One day, however, the universe decided to make fun of him, and had a certain mad scientist abduct him for illegal testing. The gene therapy process, intended to produce supersoldiers, involved a virus based on the target's DNA and that of various animal species, infused with Omega radiation. The scheme was thwarted, but not before the process had been administered. As time progressed, he began to behave uncharacteristically, making jokes and being nicer. His mannerisms became comparable to the family dog, or perhaps a dolphin. He also began exhibiting increased sensory and athletic capacity, until he finally culminated in a full transformation. Soon afterwards, he became a superhero, because that's really the only sensible route for a rich idiot with no day job.Remember, children, drugs are BAD for you.

IN CHAOS, ORDER.

-Knight of Kaos

OOC: Knight of Kaos, do you mind if we consider the 'original' Zoo a different person then? I don't think we've ever had an outright retcon in the RPG's 5+ years of continuity and it'd be nice to keep it that way. :P Good to have you back though (assuming you get approved).

IC - Sluice @ Birkholm

"That must be it," Sluice announced, walking towards the building on the hilltop. A light breeze seemed to propel her and Silver along. There was an odd quietness about the island. It only didn't feel like a ghost town due to the numerical lack of buildings to constitute a proper town.

They reached the facility's entrance; beside the door was an intercom buzzer. Sluice it pressed it down and said: "Erm, hello, my name is Sluice and I'm here with Silver. We're members of the League of Salvation. Mentor um, recommended we visit you. I hope this isn't a bad time..."

OOC: Actually, KN, what's different about this version of Zoo, aside from the costume? I don't know that it was ever officially stated, but the mad scientist thing was always part of his backstory. I have that guy's profile along with G-Nome and the others I collected ages ago for that project I still haven't gotten to yet... :lookaround:

EDIT: Ah. I suppose that'd be up to KoK to clarify, then.

IC: (Adrian Valiant)

Shortly after deciding to leave the security of his hotel room, Adrian faced a dilemma. If he was intending to scope out London's underworld, he'd need a more inconspicuous outfit. He looked like a well-to-do businessman, and any sort of businessman would stick out like a sore thumb in the places he was planning to go. To top it off, he didn't have a cent to his name, so there was no hope of buying new clothes. That left either stealing money, or clothes.

It occurred to him that he'd never had to worry about clothing before. He supposed it was just one of the many hardships he faced in the days to come, but that didn't exactly brighten his mood.

OOC: I'm not actually having trouble coming up with Adrian material to write; I'm actually just trying to narrow down which avenue I plan to take him. I should have a better idea by my next IC.

~ Rumpelstilskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: By 'hard reset' I assumed KoK meant he was going to start ICing Zoo as if from scratch. So if it was the same guy it'd be as if he'd suddenly forgotten all of his past experiences, and everyone else had forgotten him.

Edited by Kumata

OOC:sorry,school.ive also been waiting for apep's move before i respond,because as far as i remember, apep was having the police officer follow us.

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC - Apep @ New York

Despite Apep's attempts to induce the afflicted cop to follow the battling supers, the speed at which Omega pursued his quarry was causing the gap to rapidly widen. A staggering, stumbling human couldn't keep up. Apep had to think fast or in a few moments she'd lose her advantage over the heroes. She gazed backwards at the passing street, feeling her mental grip on the paper diminish...

As quickly but as safely as she could, Apep commanded the strip of paper to exit the Police Officer's nose. Unhindered by its fleshy prison she could draw it through the air much faster. She risked letting it soar along after them for twenty seconds, closing the gap considerably. Omega's attention was focused forwards, which was a shame for him because one well-aimed energy bolt might have put a stop to all this. But as their journey slowed Apep selected a new target - a newspaper vendor who'd been peering out of his stall and watching the oncoming battle with some interest. In the same manner it slithered up his nose and ,rubbing against the sides of his nasal cavity induced him to stumble towards the battling superbeings.

"Important update - this just in," Apep called after Omega had made his threat. "Hostage switched from overconfident Police Officer to rubbernecking newspaper vendor. Hostage on approach; supervillain unimpressed by hero's abuse of said villain's patience. Despite allure of current battle, supervillain again demands release, via..." Apep scanned their surroundings, and pointed toward a manhole. "via subterrane route. Any alternative action will reportedly result in (painful) death of the hostage. Immediate response required from hero. More at eleven..."

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Sorry I vanished again. At first I was waiting to see if someone - I've completely forgotten who now - would post, then life started getting in the way. Mostly exams. Only thing worse than a massive criminology essay is an oral Danish exam... Anyway, back now!

IC: Omega was a planner. It was a trait that always surprised people who expected him to use the lots of power he had at his disposal to just smash through obstacles. Instead he came up with ideas, plans, plots and so on pretty much as soon as the inspiration hit him, which was often. His latest plan for dealing with Apep was a risky one, but he didn't have a lot of options, and it was pretty good for something he'd just through up while he was growling in frustration at her renewed demands. He halted in mid-air, holding her a good seven meters away, and rounded on her. "I've had just about enough of your-"

And then he stopped. While his face, being pure black with white eyes and mouth (and only when open) was difficult to read, at this point its expression should be clear: Shock, incredulety and sheer annoyance such as had not been felt since Agrajag. The plan from there hinged on Apep being curious, or at least wanting to know what had him suddenly even more upset. The moment she turned around to see what it was, he would start a sequence of attacks that should keep her too off-balance to remember her name, nevermind kill anyone, and finally incapacitate her.

First he would shake the orb she was in like a baby's rattle, knocking her about a bit. Then he would toss her into the air like a salad, letting her out only briefly from the prison before he zoomed in and hit her with an uppercut that would either knock the mask off her head or shatter it, whichever came first. Finally, grab her by the papyrus around her neck and punch her. Hard. The same calculated power he used against supervillains a lot when they had no superhuman durabilty, to render unconsciousness without risking brain injury. Much. If all went well, he should have her incapacitated and the civilian safe before she knew what hit her.

All never went well, but he was letting the other villain get away for this. It had better be good enough.

|H-D|

IC: "Well, it's not the dumbest thing you could've done." As previously mentioned, Shard was not very fast. He might be able to fly after the robo-robber leader, but he certainly couldn't chase him running, and flying up that narrow stairway would be tough with his lackluster maneuverability, as it turned sharply haflway up. But he did have one other weapon.

Taking quick aim, Shard fired a series of small crystals, each about as long as a toothpick and as thick as a pencil. They flew past the robber, as they were intended to, and embedded themselves in the wall ahead of him, where they quickly grew like plants in fast-forward. By the time he was up to the turning point, where they had landed, the path was closed off by seven long, narrow crystal spikes going horizontally from wall to wall like cell bars flipped on a side. Now, if that suit of armor had super-strength, like the other, it might not take long to break through. Though stronger than steel, they were thin and brittle and would shatter before bending even a little. But if not, then this chase was over and Shard could just walk up the stairs and call for the robber's immediate surrender. He started walking now, hoping for the best.

*H-D*

NPC: Ultionis considered the crystal kid's words, looking at the blank screen. He wasn't exactly an expert interrogator, but it sounded honest enough. Not a lot of people would talk about being treated like furniture to sell a deception - a few, but not a lot. Still, if he really was usually ignored he'd probably heard something in passing while others were discussing it. His mask concealing his expression, the soldier looked back up at glass-jaw and let him squirm for a bit before speaking again. "When did the Coalition come back here? Same time as you, or before? Have you seen anything important around here? Materials being moved, important personnel, anything at all?" It was his way of saying they wouldn't drop him... yet.

(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Is there really where an "expert" would spend their days working? This place.... Silver thought, glancing around the area. It was just so..... empty. Uninhabitated.... like the town was once a hundred times larger and something horrible had happened to everyone else. The building itself did not convey any messages that alleviated his concerns either... why would it be designed like that? He'd expected something more akin to a hospital... This whole area, this situation....

.... it feels wrong. I hope Mentor know what he's doing...

breakdown_signature.jpg

Shard was correct. The chase was over. The Robo-Robber threw futile fists upon the crystal spikes, but he had no enhanced strength to speak of and they only gave a musical resonance as his metal armour clanged against them. He clawed the air in frustration and growled, then slumped to sit upon the stairs, accepting defeat.

IC - Apep @ New York

As Omega had planned, Apep turned around, curious to see what he could be looking at (and hoping it wasn't another hero coming to complicate the situation for her). Apep really should have thought twice before falling for the hero's ploy - especially when it was one of the oldest tricks in the book - but her absolute confidence that she had the upper hand in this situation shielded her from skepticism. Of course that confidence was not unfounded. The shred of her own generated paper resided quite close by within the nasal cavity of the coughing newspaper vendor; well within her range of control. Even as the sphere containing her thrust itself in multiple random directions, tossing her against its solid surface again and again again, amidst the thoughts of pain and confusion and anger at being tricked for a second time there was enough room for a twinge of mental control, a simple command for the paper to exit its human vehicle via the most direct route. Which happened to be an upward angle, slicing its way out of the vendor's eyesocket and cutting a half-centimetre gash within the resident eyeball.

There was blood and there was screaming. There was nothing Apep could do to cease the flurry of attacks that were just starting to be enacted upon her - but at least she'd indulged her spite; at least she'd made good on her threat. At least she'd gotten one over on that pesky hero, she could tell herself later. If there was a later...

Edited by Kumata

IC:

"Well...alright, then. We're about seven minutes out."

Saosin spun around in the pilot's chair and turned to Gadgeteer, who was staring ahead with a look that the League hero couldn't quite fathom through his helmet. This time, though, he didn't stop to think over what he knew about Gadgeteer, or the route the mission was taking. He focused on the job, and on what he knew about the general...

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME