Radon, Rahi Of Radiation. >2 Foot Long Animal Moc

PooZy

Thanks for coming <3This MOC is called Radon, Rahi of Radiation.aradon.png_thumb.jpgradonsm.png_thumb.jpgradonsm2.png_thumb.jpgradonsm3.png_thumb.jpgBrickshelf gallery (this is public now):http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=500336The MOC features several functions. Firstly the mouth opens and closes when you pull a lever that is located under the torso. You can see the guts of this function in this WIP picture:http://www.brickshel...es/WIP/wip4.pngThanks to some nice technic pieces the neck maintains full articulation!The other function is that guns on the side of the moc flip out when you pull down the third spine. You can see this in the fourth image I posted ^. Both guns work and can fire small technic bolts. These technic bolts can be stored on the left front leg but I took them out for most of the photos encase I lost them (they have rare glow in the dark tips).Lastly there is a spinner on one of the tail segments.Not counting toes or other minor parts there are 22 points of articulation, however the MOC is very sturdy because I have doubled up or reinforced every joint that needs it. For example the waist has two friction pins.I have not measured or weighed the moc but it is very dense and very big (which you can probably tell). It took me about 2 weeks to design and construct him, then it has been months of little changes before I was finally happy.I look forward to your comments!Edit: Images thumbnailed due to file size. Please keep posted images in BBC to 100 kB.Click on the thumbnails to view the original images.-Wind-

Edited by PooZy

sigpic2.png

2 Weeks! That's all it took you?! This moc is one of the better mocs on this forum right now! Anyway, on to the critiques:The mix of white, black, and some red is good, but it seems cluttered in some places, especially on the hind legs and lower back/tailThe Moc seems a little hunched up. Is this intentional?Those are the main problems with this moc. Otherwise, it's exceptional. The color scheme is good, and the face and feet are awesome. Also, the functions add to the moc drastically. I would buy this if it was available to buy. Thank you for posting this moc!-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

2 Weeks! That's all it took you?! This moc is one of the better mocs on this forum right now! Anyway, on to the critiques:The mix of white, black, and some red is good, but it seems cluttered in some places, especially on the hind legs and lower back/tailThe Moc seems a little hunched up. Is this intentional?Those are the main problems with this moc. Otherwise, it's exceptional. The color scheme is good, and the face and feet are awesome. Also, the functions add to the moc drastically. I would buy this if it was available to buy. Thank you for posting this moc!-Bane

The waist is articulated, it can stretch out quite a lot but I prefer it hunched. There are some other pics but ofc the brickshelf page isn't available yet *rolleyes*The lower legs and lower tail actually have no white on them, this is on purpose though, just a styling choice.

sigpic2.png

This is amazing. Reminds me a lot of a dog, probably mostly because of the size and the outdoor photos. The colour scheme works well, and I love the functions, especially the guns. The use of so many pieces made it detailed, but the lower legs could use some beefing up in my opinion. Still, for the sheer size and impressivness, 10/10. Most impressive.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

MATA NUI...I love huge MOCs that don't look messy. This is well armored up and smooth (for a Bionicle), a blend that is difficult to MOC in my experience. The legs seem like they can't support it, but the picture says otherwise. I can only imagine how hard it was to get those legs just right. The head looks mutated, which is good for a radioactive creature. But the KRIKA BLADES. Those are excellent pieces, very skeletal, making them perfect for...well, skeletal purposes. Like the spines. 10/10.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The color scheme sort of works out. However, I think the legs should be bulkier since it's so big.

Thanks for the reply :3. I like the legs how they are, I didn't want to make them too bulky because I was kind of going for skeletal

This is amazing. Reminds me a lot of a dog, probably mostly because of the size and the outdoor photos. The colour scheme works well, and I love the functions, especially the guns. The use of so many pieces made it detailed, but the lower legs could use some beefing up in my opinion. Still, for the sheer size and impressivness, 10/10. Most impressive.

Thankyou <3. I think of it as a dog too

MATA NUI...I love huge MOCs that don't look messy. This is well armored up and smooth (for a Bionicle), a blend that is difficult to MOC in my experience. The legs seem like they can't support it, but the picture says otherwise. I can only imagine how hard it was to get those legs just right. The head looks mutated, which is good for a radioactive creature. But the KRIKA BLADES. Those are excellent pieces, very skeletal, making them perfect for...well, skeletal purposes. Like the spines. 10/10.

Also thanks. The legs are thin but they have a ###### of a lot of support. Every joint has a tonne of ball joints and friction pins to keep it stable, it can comfortably stand on just 3 legs.I've just realised the pics are a little small since a staff member has resized them so here's a couple of hard linked images:http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morkney/Bionicles/Radon/radon3.pnghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morkney/Bionicles/Radon/radon996.png

sigpic2.png

Oh heck yeah!You've really got the shape and proportions down-pact. The spines on its back are just amazing, and the head ain't too bad either.While I really do appreciate the shape of it and its 'filled-in-ness', I've gotta say that it does look cluttered. Having a colour-scheme is one thing, but colour layering is the real key to appealing aesthetics. What I'd like to see on this is having black as the skin layer, white as the 'armour' layer and red as the accents. I'd try and kick out the light grey and silver altogether, as they don't really seem to add anything to the MOC.I've really gotta commend you though. I've never been able to MOC on this scale, and you've just proven that you have a bit of a nack for it. Sorry if my C&C seems overly critical, I'm just offering advice :)-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

Awesome creation! Great build and playability. Design does look good, altough there is some small issues with the colors(as mentioned above). Well, it could be claner-looking,but I like the exposed technic bits, adds some charm. Anyway, I'm just nitpicking, this creation is really great!

The night is dark and full of terrors...

Oh heck yeah!You've really got the shape and proportions down-pact. The spines on its back are just amazing, and the head ain't too bad either.While I really do appreciate the shape of it and its 'filled-in-ness', I've gotta say that it does look cluttered. Having a colour-scheme is one thing, but colour layering is the real key to appealing aesthetics. What I'd like to see on this is having black as the skin layer, white as the 'armour' layer and red as the accents. I'd try and kick out the light grey and silver altogether, as they don't really seem to add anything to the MOC.I've really gotta commend you though. I've never been able to MOC on this scale, and you've just proven that you have a bit of a nack for it. Sorry if my C&C seems overly critical, I'm just offering advice :)-FtC

Not at all, If I didn't want criticism I wouldn't have posted here. I appreciate what you're saying about colour layering, I kind of tried to keep the white sections centred on the head, back and thighs whilst keeping the lower tail and lower limbs black. I kept the grey in partly because I don't have enough black and white pieces for the entire model but also because I wanted the rahi to maintain a mechanical style rather than looking too organic and clean.

Awesome creation! Great build and playability. Design does look good, altough there is some small issues with the colors(as mentioned above). Well, it could be claner-looking,but I like the exposed technic bits, adds some charm. Anyway, I'm just nitpicking, this creation is really great!

Thanks, I have to admit the colours were one of the most difficult parts because the model uses a lot of pieces.

sigpic2.png

Demz big! :o Ah yes, I've been meaning to reply to this behemoth's topic for a while. It's nice to see that you're posting him in BBC, since you have quite a few MOCs on your Maj folder that could make a good living in this forum.First of all, I am impressed that you've managed to create a Rahi this large that even has a few power functions, namely the opening mouth and flipping guns. Also, his hunched proportions and powerful build suggest a powerful predator, which is awesome. To top things off, his tail seems sufficiently heavy enough to balance his head and not make him tip forward. Kudos to you for that; my giant Rahi MOCs have been plagued with that many a time.One thing I will point out, as others have done before me, is that you might consider giving him a simpler color scheme -- perhaps black overall, with white armor and red Krika blade highlights. I could be wrong, but it seems as though many of his exterior armor pieces that you used in silver or red also exist in black or white, such as tubes and ball joints. Alternatively, you could keep the silver in his "guts" and just cover it up with black, then white. I understand that it's hard to keep a coherent color scheme with a lot of parts, though. But if you are going to have black as his basic skin color, I would highly recommend removing the black tips from the Krika blades on his back -- they just seem a tad out of place up there, if you're going for a black skin look.As far as his head is concerned, I'm digging his ferocious toothy jaws, tiny ears, and tube-covered forehead. But if those silver Bohrok eyes are supposed to be what he sees with, might I suggest replacing them with a brighter color, say, dark trans-red? That would make them pop out more and really strike fear into the hearts of topic viewers.Still, excellent job on making an intimidating giant Rahi with power functions. Roa McToa would be most impressed.~B~

Edited by Ballom

Demz big! :o Ah yes, I've been meaning to reply to this behemoth's topic for a while. It's nice to see that you're posting him in BBC, since you have quite a few MOCs on your Maj folder that could make a good living in this forum.First of all, I am impressed that you've managed to create a Rahi this large that even has a few power functions, namely the opening mouth and flipping guns. Also, his hunched proportions and powerful build suggest a powerful predator, which is awesome. To top things off, his tail seems sufficiently heavy enough to balance his head and not make him tip forward. Kudos to you for that; my giant Rahi MOCs have been plagued with that many a time.One thing I will point out, as others have done before me, is that you might consider giving him a simpler color scheme -- perhaps black overall, with white armor and red Krika blade highlights. I could be wrong, but it seems as though many of his exterior armor pieces that you used in silver or red also exist in black or white, such as tubes and ball joints. Alternatively, you could keep the silver in his "guts" and just cover it up with black, then white. I understand that it's hard to keep a coherent color scheme with a lot of parts, though. But if you are going to have black as his basic skin color, I would highly recommend removing the black tips from the Krika blades on his back -- they just seem a tad out of place up there, if you're going for a black skin look.As far as his head is concerned, I'm digging his ferocious toothy jaws, tiny ears, and tube-covered forehead. But if those silver Bohrok eyes are supposed to be what he sees with, might I suggest replacing them with a brighter color, say, dark trans-red? That would make them pop out more and really strike fear into the hearts of topic viewers.Still, excellent job on making an intimidating giant Rahi with power functions. Roa McToa would be most impressed.~B~

Thanks for the bootiful reply :3The colour scheme is a work in progress. As I come across correctly colour pieces I replace the ones on the model, it's been going like that for a few months. Truth is I would love to have a better colour scheme but the pieces are hard to come by. The reason there is red ball joints everywhere is because I bought witch doctor (which had a billion red ball joints). Even those were not enough which is why there are a few grey ball joints and black ball joints in there too, I think 90% of my ball joints are in this model o_o.Also Radon is supposed to be blind, he sees by reflected radiation rather than standard vision. <3 roa mctoa guuurff i love them so much

sigpic2.png

I've really been waiting for the gallery to go public, but in the meantime, I want to say that your MOC is so intricate and well-built. It clearly took a great degree of ingenuity to come up with the final design, and it reminds me of something straight out of a Final Fantasy game. I'll have more to say when the gallery is up and I can analyze your MOC more carefully. :)-Ced

I've really been waiting for the gallery to go public, but in the meantime, I want to say that your MOC is so intricate and well-built. It clearly took a great degree of ingenuity to come up with the final design, and it reminds me of something straight out of a Final Fantasy game. I'll have more to say when the gallery is up and I can analyze your MOC more carefully. :)-Ced

Yea the gallery should have already been up. When I originally published the gallery it took about 3 days just for Brickshelf to refresh it's most recent, and when it eventually did my folder didn't get published. If this continues I'll just deeplink every image in a list. Anyhow thanks for the reply!

sigpic2.png

Holy crud that is astounding.The fact that you managed to make such an enormous MOC and not get messy with it is great by itself. The colors are just wow, too.Let me start getting more specific: I love the body design a lot, especially the back connecting to the legs and the tail. Those large, white pieces (what are they) are perfect for hip guards. The Krika spikes in the front are amazing, and I like how you filled up the holes with those 2-axle-holding black parts.The legs: Again, really great work here. The front legs kind of look like something from out of a movie. The claws are epic. In fact, the way the front legs connect to the body is done very well. I assume they can move in many directions. Now, onto the back legs. The back legs are good, but nothing more. The thighs are great, though, and don't need any more work. The lower part, however, not so much. Excluding the claws, they don't look like they fit on such a large MOC. Perhaps you could beef them up a little.The tail: Not really much here. It's a good, solid structure, and the individual links are good.The head: I saved the best for last. The head in itself is a masterpiece The use of 2.0 shields and the red tubing is brilliant. The mouth is simply epic, too. It's large and just flawless. But where are the eyes on this huge rahi? Are they those silver Bohrok teeth on the white shields? If so, they could be a different color.My score: 95/100

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

I enjoy this. Can't really find flaws. The huge back spines work great, and it looks solid and sturdy (right?).It not only reminds me of a dinosaur, but something from Spawn, given the extreme biomechanical design and menacing look.

It's very solid and VERY sturdy. To test this thing out I literally stood it up and kicked it several times, it stands the test. The hip joint alone has TEN pop joints in it. No really, ten per hip. Some of them are hidden within but they're all there. One of the pop joints is geared up to give extra friction.

Holy crud that is astounding.The fact that you managed to make such an enormous MOC and not get messy with it is great by itself. The colors are just wow, too.Let me start getting more specific: I love the body design a lot, especially the back connecting to the legs and the tail. Those large, white pieces (what are they) are perfect for hip guards. The Krika spikes in the front are amazing, and I like how you filled up the holes with those 2-axle-holding black parts.The legs: Again, really great work here. The front legs kind of look like something from out of a movie. The claws are epic. In fact, the way the front legs connect to the body is done very well. I assume they can move in many directions. Now, onto the back legs. The back legs are good, but nothing more. The thighs are great, though, and don't need any more work. The lower part, however, not so much. Excluding the claws, they don't look like they fit on such a large MOC. Perhaps you could beef them up a little.The tail: Not really much here. It's a good, solid structure, and the individual links are good.The head: I saved the best for last. The head in itself is a masterpiece The use of 2.0 shields and the red tubing is brilliant. The mouth is simply epic, too. It's large and just flawless. But where are the eyes on this huge rahi? Are they those silver Bohrok teeth on the white shields? If so, they could be a different color.My score: 95/100

Thanks for the in depth review! A few people have mentioned the lower back legs so I think I'll go and beef them up after all. The head doesn't have eyes, Radon is blind.edit: forgot to say, both legs can move in all 3 dimensions just like a normal socket joint could. It's sturdy AND flexible. Also I'll use this opportunity to mention that the brickshelf gallery is (finally) up, so you can look at any other photos I didn't post in the main thread. Edited by PooZy

sigpic2.png

Now that I've really gotten a chance to see your MOC in greater detail, I'm even more impressed with it. As I said before, it reminds me quite a bit of the Behemoth monsters from Final Fantasy, which I think is part of the appeal for me. There's so much that went into building this thing, it really makes me wonder how much patience and ingenuity was truly behind it. How long did it even take to build? Anyway, very amazing MOC. Nice work.-Ced