Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

I have an idea for rahkshi staffs. If a rahkshi is holding his respective type of staff, maybe it could boost the two stats that he benefits from. E.g, a vorahk benefits from STR and VIT, so maybe those can each be boosted by one while he is holding a staff of hunger. But only from holding a staff of the same type should he benefit.

Speaking of Vorahk, has anyone here played as Vorahk with maxxed out strength and vitality stats? He becomes a sweeper. I'm Dead serious! I proceeded to get 3 more kills until I finally died. (Please do not tweak vorahk's abilities, he is just fine as he is.)

Edited by Malignus

bBhcfWO.png

Also how does one change the spikes of the Rahkshi. A could never find out how to do that cause in the game it self, the Rahkshi tend to have different spikes.

That hasn't been implemented yet, though I assume it will be the same method you use to change through the forms of a kanohi.

bBhcfWO.png

I have an idea for rahkshi staffs. If a rahkshi is holding his respective type of staff, maybe it could boost the two stats that he benefits from. E.g, a vorahk benefits from STR and VIT, so maybe those can each be boosted by one while he is holding a staff of hunger. But only from holding a staff of the same type should he benefit.

I thought of doing that at first, but since that was more code to write than simply bumping up the Rahkshi level by 1 I did that instead. Modifying the actual stats would have much the same effect, though, and be useful even if you're already at level 5. I'll see what I can do.Still, the Rahkshi level system (and the staff) will be undergoing a few changes in the new engine. Primarily, both Toa and Rahkshi will use the same menu option for adjusting their element/power strength. This simplifies it slightly, and does not force you into using the same stats all the time. I figured that since you can (for example) max out a Rahkshi of Hunger and still have high speed, things would be "unbalanced" anyways.

Speaking of Vorahk, has anyone here played as Vorahk with maxed out strength and vitality stats? He becomes a sweeper. I'm Dead serious! I proceeded to get 3 more kills until I finally died. (Please do not tweak vorahk's abilities, he is just fine as he is.)

I'm not going to tweak it, since it can be shut down by projectiles and stuff anyways. The new engine might have some slight tweaks like with other powers, but you will still be able to drain people who attempt melee combat.Oh, and you will have the ability to throw away your weapon. Any weapon. This will be in for three reasons:- You'll need a way to drop an unwanted weapon without picking up a different one. Particularly those who want unarmed combat.- Handing a weapon over to a teammate.- Throwing your weapon as a final, desperate attack. It would deal regular melee damage and weak knockback. Single-use, naturally, unless you pick up a new weapon.A melee-focused character with no EP left could potentially stop a Vohrak by tossing his or her weapon in its face for a brief stun, then flee. Shields will keep the Vohrak at bay to an extent, but will not stop the energy drain completely.

Also how does one change the spikes of the Rahkshi. A could never find out how to do that cause in the game it self, the Rahkshi tend to have different spikes.

That hasn't been implemented yet, though I assume it will be the same method you use to change through the forms of a kanohi.

Yes, it's due to my inability to fix the simplest of things. Changing the Kanohi color already applies to the Rahkshi spines, but I have not added a button for cycling through the available looks. I only have about 3 of them anyways, but I'll get it done.

I've got a support question to ask: I've been playing this game for quite some time (it rocks - thanks Katuko!) but recently it's been failing to start up. From about version 10 and onward, I get this message on startup:

"Failed to initialize drawing surfaces. Please check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements and that your drivers are up to date. If your graphics card has little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resolution".

I've heard that this is a problem with some recent versions of Gamemaker games (I don't have a copy of Gamemaker myself), but I can't figure out how to fix it. My drivers are up to date and my graphics card is fine. Do you know how to solve this problem?

I've got a support question to ask: I've been playing this game for quite some time (it rocks - thanks Katuko!) but recently it's been failing to start up. From about version 10 and onward, I get this message on startup: "Failed to initialize drawing surfaces. Please check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements and that your drivers are up to date. If your graphics card has little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resolution". I've heard that this is a problem with some recent versions of Gamemaker games (I don't have a copy of Gamemaker myself), but I can't figure out how to fix it. My drivers are up to date and my graphics card is fine. Do you know how to solve this problem?

I am still using version 8.0 of the program for this game, as when I tried porting it to 8.1 I go trouble with fonts etc. not transferring properly. I am also not using any of the surface functions at this moment; though it might have something to do with extra graphics that have been added. If you have been able to run this game fine before, I find it strange that it crashes now, however.It might also have something to do with me using a d3d_ function to properly set the HUD size in later versions (possibly creating a "surface" there for the projection), but that wasn't added until version 11 of this game.

I've got a support question to ask: I've been playing this game for quite some time (it rocks - thanks Katuko!) but recently it's been failing to start up. From about version 10 and onward, I get this message on startup: "Failed to initialize drawing surfaces. Please check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements and that your drivers are up to date. If your graphics card has little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resolution". I've heard that this is a problem with some recent versions of Gamemaker games (I don't have a copy of Gamemaker myself), but I can't figure out how to fix it. My drivers are up to date and my graphics card is fine. Do you know how to solve this problem?

I am still using version 8.0 of the program for this game, as when I tried porting it to 8.1 I go trouble with fonts etc. not transferring properly. I am also not using any of the surface functions at this moment; though it might have something to do with extra graphics that have been added. If you have been able to run this game fine before, I find it strange that it crashes now, however.It might also have something to do with me using a d3d_ function to properly set the HUD size in later versions (possibly creating a "surface" there for the projection), but that wasn't added until version 11 of this game.

I see... but what should I do now?

Tehurye, on 09 Apr 2013 - 03:27, said:I see... but what should I do now?

You may try to run the game in compatibilty mode, by right-clicking the *.exe and opening properties. Try compability mode for WinXP. You can also try ticking the box that says "Run as administrator".Apart from that, you could send me your system specs (graphics card etc.) via PM, and I'll take a look.

Tehurye, on 09 Apr 2013 - 03:27, said:I see... but what should I do now?

You may try to run the game in compatibilty mode, by right-clicking the *.exe and opening properties. Try compability mode for WinXP. You can also try ticking the box that says "Run as administrator".Apart from that, you could send me your system specs (graphics card etc.) via PM, and I'll take a look.

I tried compatibility mode and running as administrator - no luck. I'll PM you my system specifications - thank you very much for offering. :)

progress report on the beta release (online connectivity)?

I have not taken the time to put myself into a state of mind that allows net coding. I've taken a look at Faucet Networking, which I plan to use, but beyond that all my planning has revolved around an engine rewrite to make the mechanics more enjoyable for the user and easier for me to work with and modify later. I'll also be optimizing a lot of code, since what I wrote 2 or 3 years ago is not exactly state-of-the-art. It'll be necessary in order to have net play run at all smooth anyways.I still have that small connection test game I posted up for grabs, if you haven't tried that. It should allow for simple LAN connections, and feedback on if it works or not is always nice.Link to the post. Edited by Katuko

progress report on the beta release (online connectivity)?

I have not taken the time to put myself into a state of mind that allows net coding. I've taken a look at Faucet Networking, which I plan to use, but beyond that all my planning has revolved around an engine rewrite to make the mechanics more enjoyable for the user and easier for me to work with and modify later. I'll also be optimizing a lot of code, since what I wrote 2 or 3 years ago is not exactly state-of-the-art. It'll be necessary in order to have net play run at all smooth anyways.I still have that small connection test game I posted up for grabs, if you haven't tried that. It should allow for simple LAN connections, and feedback on if it works or not is always nice.Link to the post.

Darnit. Mediafire is blocked for me.... Oh well.... Guess I can't help there.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Darnit. Mediafire is blocked for me.... Oh well.... Guess I can't help there.

I'll get a Dropbox version up as well.

Here are some awesome screenshots I took using the Mahiki. And yes, I added some jokes.

Thanks, I'll add them to my screenshot folder. :)

How 'bout that right there. Some funny jokes in there.

...Which is why a few have inspired new lines to be added, particularly map-specific ones. Completely unnecessary because the boss only spawns naturally in Karda Nui, but if I ever change that it didn't take more than two minutes to change. Whoop. Edited by Katuko

I suppose it doesn't matter in the end, since controls are customizable. :lol:FYI, I will be real busy with some school projects for about two or three weeks now, so progress on BF will likely not happen. Still, I've been planning a new network test, this time with a more BF-proper setup. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by Katuko

I suppose it doesn't matter in the end, since controls are customizable. :lol:FYI, I will be real busy with some school projects for about two or three weeks now, so progress on BF will likely not happen. Still, I've been planning a new network test, this time with a more BF-proper setup. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck with you school projects and the network test! We won't go anywhere. (Unless the apocalypse suddenly happens, however, if it's a zombie apocalypse, you know us bosses will survive to play this.)

School projects are going fine, yeah. Almost done. I'll have time to do network programming by the end of this week, most likely, and then I'll keep going until I have something to show you. I get a wicked feeling every time I describe this as a "multiplayer game" when it's decidedly not, so it's about time I got to work.

I wanna help you.I think yo could need some help...

Click any object with write button and then press duplicat and a copy is ready!

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

I am searching for peepol,who can program,and peepol,who have ideas for multimedia and games,to come and join the KranaNui Project
If you are one of them,please PM me! :hau: :akaku: :miru: :kaukau: :kakama: :pakari:
If you have PM from me,you are one of them!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Help is appreciated (at the moment I mostly need to get my sprite sheets in order for my new engine, tho'), but I must admit I have no idea what you're saying here. What write button? Duplicate what, for what purpose?

Help is appreciated (at the moment I mostly need to get my sprite sheets in order for my new engine, tho'), but I must admit I have no idea what you're saying here. What write button? Duplicate what, for what purpose?

I think he's talking about the right mouse button. Not sure exactly the point he's trying to make, but it might be something along the lines of "Need some help? I can copy-paste a bunch of sprites."

IrMSNn3.png

I think he's talking about the right mouse button. Not sure exactly the point he's trying to make, but it might be something along the lines of "Need some help? I can copy-paste a bunch of sprites."

Possibly, or he means I should duplicate my project files and share them for people to work on. Not much point in that, though.

right button sory

I'll still need an explanation about what you meant in general. :PEDIT: I have a Kanohi Kadin flight test for you guys. It's just something I've been messing around with. It's a 4 MB download, and consists of some Toa flying around, little else. Still, it's kinda fun. Problem is: If this goes in-game as it is I think it'll be too useful, so expect it to have a slower recharge or something. :lol:Download from DropboxDownload from MediaFire Edited by Katuko

• 2 weeks later...

1: what are the green fighters wearing as a mask?

That's a Kadin as well.

2: the squad calling. what is this for, exactly?

My own amusement, for the most part. Having AI follow you might end up being be part of mask powers like the Komau (mind control) or the AI's basic strategy, though.

EDIT: I have a Kanohi Kadin flight test for you guys. It's just something I've been messing around with. It's a 4 MB download, and consists of some Toa flying around, little else. Still, it's kinda fun. Problem is: If this goes in-game as it is I think it'll be too useful, so expect it to have a slower recharge or something. :lol:Download from DropboxDownload from MediaFire

Suddenly, a new build idea strikes me: Toa of Iron with high Vitality, Strength, and Mind if possible. And a Kadin. FLYING BRICK AHOY!

Why not make a demo with the Kadin as-is, first? I wanna try out being Superman... ^_^

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Suddenly, a new build idea strikes me: Toa of Iron with high Vitality, Strength, and Mind if possible. And a Kadin. FLYING BRICK AHOY!

Just remember that low dexterity = low tolerance for fall speed before damage occurs. :sly:

Why not make a demo with the Kadin as-is, first? I wanna try out being Superman... ^_^

I would add it right in the main project if it weren't for the continued issues I have with new movement code messing up old movement code. I could potentially fix this with some scotch-tape application of if() statements and such, but I'd prefer to build it properly from the ground up.I'll be posting a bit on my BZP blog in the near future, so take a look there if you wish to hear about my future plans. I figured it might be best to condense all the planning into a place where it's more easily read, instead of you having to browse through 20+ topic pages in order to find a post about armor changes, for example.

EDIT: I have a Kanohi Kadin flight test for you guys. It's just something I've been messing around with. It's a 4 MB download, and consists of some Toa flying around, little else. Still, it's kinda fun. Problem is: If this goes in-game as it is I think it'll be too useful, so expect it to have a slower recharge or something. :lol:Download from DropboxDownload from MediaFire

Must...download...when I...get...good Internet! Do you want me to take funny screenshots again?

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Must...download...when I...get...good Internet! Do you want me to take funny screenshots again?

Yes please :P

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

Sometimes when I'm spriting I start off with one thing and then end up somewhere else entirely. Today I was going to make a new pose for Toa, but while copy/pasting some Toa parts for modification I came across a file labelled "vortixx_wip.png". I had only one sprite in it, really, and that was a crying shame, so yeah, I started making more Vortixx instead.vortixx_spear_katuko.pngIf I get some good progress on these sprites, you might see Vortixx in-game in the new engine after all. Still, I should focus on finishing what Toa/Rahkshi sprites I'm missing, so that I can properly program the mechanics.