Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

all of this perk thingie is melting my brain can somebody give me a quick recap?

In short, the current stat system has 5 stats: Strength, Vitality, Dexterity, Element, and Mind. Each of these stats range from 1 to 10 and influence various aspects of your character. However, the stats are unbalanced, and do not offer as much to the player as I had hoped. For example, Strength influences both melee attacks and certain elemental attacks. Mind influences max energy and recharge rate and Kanohi powers, whereas Vitality only affects max health. Wearing armor and spending a point on Dexterity is far better than spending the same point on Vitality, because armor effectively gives you extra health anyways. Dexterity also affects the damage of laser guns etc., which doesn't make all that much sense (a single stat gives you better ranged ability and the ability to keep that range!), but it was done to separate them from melee.

So the stats will be redone to more accurate and balanced settings: Melee strength, projectile strength, movement speed, main power (element), max health, max energy, energy recharge rate. Other stat changes - such as the ability to dual-wield effectively or to resist more force with a shield - will be put into "skills" or "perks". These will also cost 1 point each to activate.

So instead of a single Strength stat that affects melee damage, elemental and force resistance all at once, you get to specialize a bit more. This allows me to give each choice more of an effect, while also opening up for many different character builds.

Edited by Katuko

I have an idea if anyone wishes to hear it. Since Kraata have levels to them in the BIONICLE story, how about a feature in the game wherein order to make your Rahkshi more powerful you have to rank up on experience points to progress to a higher level. I don't know if you'll consider this for the game, but this is just a suggestion to give uniqueness among the playable species.

• Upvote 3

I have an idea if anyone wishes to hear it. Since Kraata have levels to them in the BIONICLE story, how about a feature in the game wherein order to make your Rahkshi more powerful you have to rank up on experience points to progress to a higher level. I don't know if you'll consider this for the game, but this is just a suggestion to give uniqueness among the playable species.

I've considered experience points and levels in the past, but they won't be making an appearance in this game. Since it is meant as a multiplayer fighting game, every player will have every character, power, equipment item and stat point unlocked from the get-go. :)
  • Upvote 1

I've considered experience points and levels in the past, but they won't be making an appearance in this game. Since it is meant as a multiplayer fighting game, every player will have every character, power, equipment item and stat point unlocked from the get-go. :)

Thank you for looking over my idea! I'm not really supportive of having all the items being unlocked, but it's nothing I strongly oppose.

I'm not really supportive of having all the items being unlocked, but it's nothing I strongly oppose.

There is just little point in keeping anything locked if I'm trying to keep everything balanced to a multiplayer environment anyways. I don't want any player to be at a disadvantage purely because they haven't unlocked the Lightstone Rifle yet, for example. Right now the game is not perfectly balanced, but I hope to make it better in the future. I just need some gameplay feedback from you guys to draw conclusions.

I can't believe all the stuff you're coming up with!

--cribbing off of other games. ;D

I'm not really supportive of having all the items being unlocked, but it's nothing I strongly oppose.

There is just little point in keeping anything locked if I'm trying to keep everything balanced to a multiplayer environment anyways. I don't want any player to be at a disadvantage purely because they haven't unlocked the Lightstone Rifle yet, for example. Right now the game is not perfectly balanced, but I hope to make it better in the future. I just need some gameplay feedback from you guys to draw conclusions.

--ripping and adapting to bionicle!  ;)

• Upvote 2

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

--ripping and adapting to bionicle!  ;)

--Euphemisms!  Yay!

Gotta add to the fire.

Huh, y'know I just realized I was the 8th person to follow this topic.  8's one of my favorite numbers!

Anyway I've been meaning to say this for awhile now, but have you thought about implementing a 'duck' fuction to Bionicle Fighters?  It can be frustratingly difficult to dodge attacks when you don't have a Miru.

Anyway I've been meaning to say this for awhile now, but have you thought about implementing a 'duck' fuction to Bionicle Fighters?  It can be frustratingly difficult to dodge attacks when you don't have a Miru.

Crouching will be part of the new animation set, yes.

Hello, is there a way to switch disks in that kanoka disk game?

The number keys from 1 to 6 changes the Kanoka type. You can also use the Spacebar to cycle through them. I appear to have forgotten to put a message about this in the game file itself.
  • Upvote 1

Well, that's nice!  Can't wait to try it out.

Edited by Damaracx The Mad Scientist

Well, that's nice!  Can't wait to try it out.

Yeah, that will be nice to have :)

By the way, a couple weeks ago I started having ideas about a sort of WoW-style Bionicle MMORPG.  I've been writing down ideas and I've even drawn a few weapon concepts which could be used in BF.  i could put up my sketches and people can make sprites for them,  if you think it would be a good idea.

also, I think that instead of Nui-Rama there should be Klakk in the Karda Nui map

Edited by JacobLazer

20795.jpg

i could put up my sketches and people can make sprites for them,  if you think it would be a good idea.

I'd rather not sidetrack the topic with too many unrelated discussions. If you have weapon sprites for the game, that is good, but apart from that I already got way too many things on my hands to start discussing an MMO in my game topic. ;) I encourage you to keep developing your ideas, though. We always need more games.

also, I think that instead of Nui-Rama there should be Klakk in the Karda Nui map

I don't have sprites of Klakk, but it's an idea to be considered.

I don't have sprites of Klakk, but it's an idea to be considered.

Klakks *and* those bug creatures that escaped from Mutran and mutated to giant size. :) The Niazesk I believe. If you could find/make a sprite for those, they'd be a cool swarm to command/battle. They might end up stronger than normal Nui Rama

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

those bug creatures that escaped from Mutran and mutated to giant size. :)

- Opens obj_nuirama

- Opens Create event

- Adds code:

image_xscale = 5;
image_yscale = 5;
Done deal! ;)

Wouldn't that just make the original Nui Rama sprite bigger? not entirely make a totally new sprite for the Niazesk? Just curious, I have no experience with coding lol

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

those bug creatures that escaped from Mutran and mutated to giant size. :)

- Opens obj_nuirama

- Opens Create event

- Adds code:

image_xscale = 5;
image_yscale = 5;
Done deal! ;)

Wouldn't that just make the original Nui Rama sprite bigger? not entirely make a totally new sprite for the Niazesk? Just curious, I have no experience with coding lol

Yes.

bBhcfWO.png

Yes.

Yes, yes it would. Joke being that I haven't really programmed any new enemies for ages, just re-purposed old ones. :)

I have an idea if anyone wishes to hear it. Since Kraata have levels to them in the BIONICLE story, how about a feature in the game wherein order to make your Rahkshi more powerful you have to rank up on experience points to progress to a higher level. I don't know if you'll consider this for the game, but this is just a suggestion to give uniqueness among the playable species.

I think you should have it so that if you level up a rahkshii high enough you unlock a makuta option(single player only(would probably be too overpowered for multiplayer)).

ALL HAIL CORN GUY

Series_17_Corn_Guy__71188.1493474740.500

I think you should have it so that if you level up a rahkshii high enough you unlock a makuta option(single player only(would probably be too overpowered for multiplayer)).

I imagine that if I add Makuta as playable characters at any point, they will also be available by default, and have mechanics very similar to other characters. In the story they are rather overpowered, but we have seen that they are "easily" destroyed so long as you can breach their armor. Currently Makuta are just planned to be boss-type enemies in my game.

I may sound quite dumb here, but will this game be for Mac?

Probably not.

I can technically export to Mac in the new version of the engine, but it will require me actually owning a Mac and paying a yearly developer license fee to Apple. For that reason I don't see myself doing so, at least not at this point.

Game status update: During the past few days I have worked on adding some new enemies to fight to the game. Old and bloated code makes it hard to have things work the way I want, but I am currently halfway done with a Nui-Jaga, at least. I also have a boss encounter in the works, which has been hinted at before, but it's only a WIP as well. ;)

I imagine that if I add Makuta as playable characters at any point, they will also be available by default, and have mechanics very similar to other characters. In the story they are rather overpowered, but we have seen that they are "easily" destroyed so long as you can breach their armor. Currently Makuta are just planned to be boss-type enemies in my game.

Speaking of bosses, is there a chance that you'll add something like the Kardas Dragon or the Rahi-Nui?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

You should make a Bohrok option! They have more vitality since they are pretty resistant. They do not absorb energy, but it naturally regenerates. They can curl up for 2 seconds every 7 minutes to protect themselves. They can curl up and roll to go faster.

Krana: these are the other option instead of Kanohi, Krana Kal cost 2 points

Elements: 1. Vacuum: Ability 1: launches enemies away Ability 2: shoots a blast of air that knock down and hurts enemies  Passive: -25% gravity

2. Magnetism 3. Gravity 4. Plasma 5. Sonics 6.Electricity 7. Fire 8. Acid 9. Earth 10. Water 11. Stone 12. Ice

Faceplate: You can choose between a Bohrok or Bohrok-Kal faceplate. coloring the head, colors the faceplate

Shields: You can color your shields.

ALL HAIL CORN GUY

Series_17_Corn_Guy__71188.1493474740.500

Game status update: During the past few days I have worked on adding some new enemies to fight to the game. Old and bloated code makes it hard to have things work the way I want, but I am currently halfway done with a Nui-Jaga, at least. I also have a boss encounter in the works, which has been hinted at before, but it's only a WIP as well. ;)

Sounds great. Can I ask which area the boss encounter will take place in, or is that a Secret?

Speaking of bosses, is there a chance that you'll add something like the Kardas Dragon or the Rahi-Nui?

There's always a chance. I've considered making a race-type map where you run through the challenges on Voya Nui in order to reach the Mask of Life. Vezon with Fenrakk/Kardas could be a boss encounter there. The Rahi Nui is very unlikely to make an appearance at all.

Could you make it so you can bind keys to the mouse?

I'm trying to keep this as a keyboard control game, but I'll consider adding the option to use mouse buttons instead of keyboard keys.

You should make a Bohrok option! They have more vitality since they are pretty resistant. They do not absorb energy, but it naturally regenerates. They can curl up for 2 seconds every 7 minutes to protect themselves. They can curl up and roll to go faster.

I originally had Bohrok on my list of playable species, way back when I first started this project. I found them too similar to Toa in powers, though, and more limited otherwise. I'm planning to include them as NPC enemies.

Sounds great. Can I ask which area the boss encounter will take place in, or is that a Secret?

It's somewhere dark.

It's somewhere dark.

dat tease doe.

Seriously though, Garth Marenghi is the next boss.

Garth Marenghi? I can't think of a darker place than Makuta Teridax's lair  riddle solved the next boss is makuta himself

But Mangaia already has a boss. Onu-koro, on the other hand, does not. The next boss is something in Onu-koro. Considering that the great mine is flooded. there is a good chance that the next boss occurs during the bohrok attack.

Considering this quote:

I originally had Bohrok on my list of playable species, way back when I first started this project. I found them too similar to Toa in powers, though, and more limited otherwise. I'm planning to include them as NPC enemies.

The next boss is a swarm of Gahlok.

bBhcfWO.png

But Mangaia already has a boss. Onu-koro, on the other hand, does not. The next boss is something in Onu-koro. Considering that the great mine is flooded. there is a good chance that the next boss occurs during the bohrok attack.

Considering this quote:

*facepalm* you sir, have outsmarted me I bow infront of you  :bowdown:

Considering this quote:

Wasn't the mine still flooded during the Bohrok Kal storyline? The boss could be one of the Kal.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.