Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Question though, what is black lightning?
It's my take on one of the Shadow element's powers: creating tendrils of energy.toa_shadow_lightning.jpgIt charges up briefly, like a Toa of Stone's rock throw, and then fires a black and red bolt of lightning that quickly fades away. I'm afraid I might have made this power slightly too powerful, so I might give it some damage fall-off at the tip to force a more direct hit than it requires now. Edited by Katuko

you should add nui jaga in the castle on the Ta-Wahi city. (just suggestions)Also a mask of light and Ignika mask would be nice. but in secret places only. and the super shroom(what I call the rainbow thing) should be respond once the player dies.The CPUs should have dificulty settings.add barrakki bosses in water level (for mask of light) and marhi nui cityVahki would be nicerideable rahi?For more suggestions PM me, or if your Peeved off, PM me.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

For more suggestions PM me, or if your Peeved off, PM me.
I like to do such design discussion right here, actually, mostly because I like getting feedback from lots of people. :)- Nui-Jaga are one of the few Rahi I actually have both walking and attack animations for, so they will definitely make an appearance at some point. Maybe not in Ta-Koro, specifically, though, since I have a few other plans for that map. I'll reveal more of that as the map becomes more complete.- The Mask of Light will eventually be available as a regular mask power, but the Ignika is a bit harder to work into a supposed multiplayer game without breaking it. I guess it could work as a special power-up like the Overcharge (the "rainbow thing" :P), or simply just a win-condition for a Voya Nui based map. If you guys are familiar with game mods like "Tag" or "King of the Hill" from other games, I'm thinking that the Ignika could be used for this. Grab the mask and keep it for a certain amount of time, and you win. If it gets taken from you, the timer resets or at least gets extended a bit. Once time runs out, the current holder wins.- Computer players will stay at one difficulty level for now, if only because the code they use is a bit rigid. A better system for their Artifical Intelligence will be able to use difficulty settings (as well as being less suicidal when it comes to certain tactics).- The Pit is a planned map, but I lack a lot of sprites for the Barraki. If I could get a good spriter on board, I'd be able to do a lot more with certain ideas.- I have sprites for Vahki, and like Nui-Jaga they will appear sooner or later. :)- Rideable rahi... well, if I can get the drivable Exo-Toa working I suppose a Rahi could work as well. Hey, perhaps that could be the use for the Komau, which I have otherwise scrapped... take control of a creature with the option of riding it. :P This one's low on the priority list, though.Now, for this next update I will try getting Kini-Nui into a working condition; so that you can finally have a new map. I will also work on Ta-Koro's missing features, and some graphical effects. I forgot to mention that, by the way: Electricity has a new Absorb animation that looks more electric instead of the standard glowy points.I've got a bunch of custom weapon sprites I'm going to add sooner or later, along with the promised ability to charge any non-powered weapons with your own power. That's gonna take some work, though, so expect to see just generic weapons with different shapes at first.Then there's Makuta, whom I haven't forgotten about, don't you worry. :P Edited by Katuko

i love this game. though its a bit slow at times.you say you have vahki sprites? any chance of a vahki being a playable character?any way to speed it up a bit? it looks like i'm gong bullettime sometimes.i really want to play as a vahki.

Edited by Wheeljack

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Hm, I know it can be a bit heavy to run because of the large areas and the AI taking up a bit of processing power. It's not the most efficient game I've programmed, either. I'll see if I can't make the code more efficient in the future.I don't have terribly many Vahki sprites, and their special powers are mostly flight and mind-effects. For that reason I don't think they're really fit as playable characters here. Adding new species is also a lot of work as far as powers are concerned, but once I'm done with other things I might add some less developed characters like Matoran and Vahki. For now, however, the only playable characters will be Toa and Rahkshi.

i would like to see some "easter egg" characters.but i understand that's not a priority for you. and that's fine.i must also add i am enjoying beating the tar out of anything that comes at me.and at this point i'm glad i can use lightning.edit: I'd like to point out that my computer is pretty low end as far as gaming goes. so this may be my computer.

Edited by Wheeljack

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

A few easter eggs might get in, but those are things I add on the go; and I certainly won't tell you of it beforehand. :PIf you'd be so kind, PM me your computer specs so I can compare. It's nice to know what computers can and can't run my game.

If I can (and bother to) sprite them adequately, yes. Visually I'll be adding Mata/Metru body styles to the Toa, but that's for the future. Otherwise the difference will be in voice lines, when those get in.

An interesting Idea would be to have some maps from the BZPRPG, like the Rama Hive battle for instance. Having a multiplayer Co-op mode for a battle like that would be an interesting project to make in the future.

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

If I can (and bother to) sprite them adequately, yes. Visually I'll be adding Mata/Metru body styles to the Toa, but that's for the future. Otherwise the difference will be in voice lines, when those get in.
cool.loving it so far

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I also figure the sprites will be awesome, and..... is it okay if I ask for a costom mask?
Well, you can ask, but there's little chance of me actually programming non-canon mask powers at this point; especially compound powers. I've decided to skip Mind Control as a power (at least for the time being) because it's very hard coming up with an in-game function for it that does not feel either cheap, overpowered or useless.Once I'm done with other things I might add some new mask designs, but don't hold your breath for it.

I also figure the sprites will be awesome, and..... is it okay if I ask for a costom mask?
Well, you can ask, but there's little chance of me actually programming non-canon mask powers at this point; especially compound powers. I've decided to skip Mind Control as a power (at least for the time being) because it's very hard coming up with an in-game function for it that does not feel either cheap, overpowered or useless.Once I'm done with other things I might add some new mask designs, but don't hold your breath for it.
well... you could just make it temporarily paralyze and blind your character, possibly.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

ok little bit of info, and a question.so it appears that when i turn off the enemies it runs a bit better. just thought you might like to know that.the question is: why do some of the weapons and powers say they wont work, but do?

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Players and especially AI players uses the most processing power of any object, since they do a lot more calculations per second than other things in the game. Turning off AI should therefore yield a performance boost, yes.Weapons and powers... eh, I've just forgotten to update the menu lists again. :P

Players and especially AI players uses the most processing power of any object, since they do a lot more calculations per second than other things in the game. Turning off AI should therefore yield a performance boost, yes.Weapons and powers... eh, I've just forgotten to update the menu lists again. :P
can you please make (yet another) progress report soon?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

just wanted to let you know that i found a glitch... er not exactly. at least i dont think so.anyway, if your using a mask of invisiblity, and switch to another mask you will stay invisible, and not lose any energy. and all the npcs think you don't exist still

Edited by Wheeljack

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Darn, I thought I had fixed that one. It happens if you equip a mask that is higher on the list than the Huna, since the mask activation script just "scrolls" through the code until it reaches the right power and does those actions. Then it skips the rest. For some reason, fading back in will only work through the Huna's own code block (which is then skipped). I'll look into it.

By the way katuko, whatshould I do if bionicle fighter is strangely zoomed on my computer?(that is, to say, if I put the mouse over some thing it will register up too far.)

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

i'm enjoying being a phantom though....
Yeah, enjoy it while you can, sparky. It's gonna get patched sooner or later. :PFor that matter, you can open a character file in Notepad and give yourself insane stats. Such modified characters will be blocked in the eventual online play, but for now you can enjoy fooling around with it.
By the way katuko, whatshould I do if bionicle fighter is strangely zoomed on my computer?(that is, to say, if I put the mouse over some thing it will register up too far.)
Hm, Try pressing F4 to switch between windowed mode and full screen. If that doesn't work, screenshot the problem and give me a few more details so I know what to fix. :)EDIT: Use Print Screen to take such a screenshot, by the way. The in-game screenshot function may still capture a "correct" image. Edited by Katuko

could you please give toa off Phisonics abilities.....because I keep getting blown to pieces by well.....everyone.
It's coming, and I want it too.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

i'm enjoying being a phantom though....
Yeah, enjoy it while you can, sparky. It's gonna get patched sooner or later. :PFor that matter, you can open a character file in Notepad and give yourself insane stats. Such modified characters will be blocked in the eventual online play, but for now you can enjoy fooling around with it.
Hm, Try pressing F4 to switch between windowed mode and full screen. If that doesn't work, screenshot the problem and give me a few more details so I know what to fix. :)EDIT: Use Print Screen to take such a screenshot, by the way. The in-game screenshot function may still capture a "correct" image.
which button do I use in with it?

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Psionics will be in eventually. The order in which I do elements is mostly up to my whim, though. There are many missing powers that essentially equals crippling yourself if you choose them.Controller support has been on my to-do list for a long time. I should probably get around to doing that as well.Which button holds Print Screen depends on your keyboard. On mine, it's a sub-function of Insert, and so I have to press Fn+Insert to use it. On a full keyboard, it's often its own key. On yours? I can't possibly know without seeing the keyboard. Also note that Print Screen only copies the screen to the clipboard. You will then need to paste it into a graphics program in order to save it.

Edited by Katuko

also, I will be downloading the latest version in a few moments, now, my question, is did you create this game with "game maker 8"? I've been working with it, and found a lot of similarities, if so, I can say a job well done, (except it's not done) so keep up the good work!

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Yep, Game Maker 8 it is. I tried to port it over to 8.1, but the program differences caused a few issues, particularly with fonts. I'm guessing that you spotted this based on the looks of the default message boxes and help file? :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Oh, I see. What's actually marked is quite a bit higher up than where the cursor is. I recall having this trouble with both Fallout 3, Dragon Age and Skyrim at certain points; but I don't know why it happens. I think it has to do with how the fullscreen function interacts with the screen's resolution. Your monitor is running at its max resolution, right?General update: I've stuck a Dropbox link at the top of the first post. It goes to a gallery with a bunch of work-in-progress stuff you might find interesting. I'll try to flesh it out as I go along. :)

My errors(old version)ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 2of Other Event: Game Startfor object obj_init:Error defining an external function.ERROR inaction number 1of Collision Event with object obj_bot_toa_mindlessfor object obj_melee_mask:Error in code at line 4: owner.hp_weap -= 1; ^at position 2: Unknown variable hp_weap

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles