Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

You don't need to repeat the same one. :PExternal function refers to the DLL handling saving/loading. I believe this error log might be left over from a previous run of the game? Try deleting it, start the game, and then see if a new log appears with the same message. If it does, I'll have to look into it.The last one relates to weapons, and it appears if a character is killed at the same moment as their weapon impacts an enemy. Since they disappear, the game does not know who the attack belongs to anymore and so it throws an error when trying to reduce that weapon's durability. This is a common error and not a harmful one. :)Speaking of weapons; I've added a bunch of sprites to my WIP folder. Since I'll be adding a bunch of basic weaponry with no specific powers, tell me what kind of weapon shapes you guys like and would want to use. I got a bunch of swords already, but I'm planning on adding various axes, maces, spears, etc as well.

biswords, lightstone rifles, hagah blast cannon (I think thats what it is called), dual knives (Like how Ellis uses them in battle arena toshinden), fencing style swords.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hm, "bisword" gives me nothing when I Google it. Lightstone rifle will probably get in, but the Hagah Plasma Cannon is a bit too large, I think. Fencing swords... I'll try that. Also dual-wielding, though it'll have to wait until more animations are added.

By the way, fullscreen and windowed both have the zoom problem.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Nunchucks!Although I'm not really sure how that would work on a BIONICLE.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

@rahkshi guurahk: I'll look into it and see if I can find any possible issues.@alpha123: I'm not even sure how they are supposed to be used in real life. :P
By the way, I have two computers with it, only one has the problem.Edit: I could take a video.By the way I think you swing the nunchucks around. Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

@alpha123: I'm not even sure how they are supposed to be used in real life. :P
Heh. I do Taekwondo and nunchucks are my preferred weapon. Some popular video sites have a video of Bruce Lee playing ping pong (!) with them, to get an idea of how they're used. Again, wouldn't really work for BIONICLE.
By the way I think you swing the nunchucks around.
You can do all sorts of lovely things with them besides simply hitting people. Chokes, disarms, joint locks, the imagination's the limit....

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Well, the most I've seen of them are:- exaggerated spinning and hitting in fiction- some dudes hitting themselves in the nuts by accident in amateur recordingsAnyways, if they go in-game here, nun-chucks would be either a simple "slash" type weapon or they would be too complicated when it comes to animation. I'll probably skip them for now.

Nunchucks are used as (primarily) defensive weapons, used to disarm or trap the enemy. The nunchuck could be used in these situations:

• When someone is weilding a sword against you, use the chain to catch the blade (could be used as a dual shield/weapon in the game)
  • to pinch or break someone's hand (When you hold the two handles like a clapboard)
  • Or to deliver a damaging headblow (watch Braveheart, he uses a flail, which is a nunchuck)

-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

What are these?ERROR inaction number 1of Collision Event with object obj_bot_rahkshi_mindlessfor object obj_melee_mask:Error in code at line 4: owner.hp_weap -= 1; ^at position 2: Unknown variable hp_weapERROR inaction number 1of Collision Event with object obj_bot_rahkshi_mindlessfor object obj_melee_armorpierce:Error in code at line 4: owner.hp_weap -= 1; ^at position 2: Unknown variable hp_weapand also there was one error that dissapeared, it said something about "unknown variable x"

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Those are both the same one that alpha123 - and likely most of you - have run into.
And the last one?

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

And the last one?
"Unknown variables" are all the same base error: an instance (most often a player) has been destroyed while something tries to access its position (for AI) or other variables (for attacking).Status update.... well, beyond what you see in the new Dropbox that I have linked to at the top of the first post, there is no real progress. I've been busy with work and other things for a while.

Great game, I just found the 8.0 version and downloaded it and it was the one of the best Bionicle games I ever played. I was just wondering when the 9.6 version will be out? (I'm just looking for an estimate like days, weeks, months, years, decades, something like that.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Well, with the current state of progress (not much at all), we're looking at a least a few weeks. I got some spare time this week, though, so I'll try to get some work done. I've started some slight work on a new Onu-Koro map, and added some vegetation to Kini-Nui. Check the Dropbox gallery for work in progress. I'll at least update that now and then. :)Oh, and I just realized: Dropbox allows me to make that user-submitted screenshot gallery I mentioned way back when. So if you have some screenshots to showcase, send 'em to me and I can add them.

Edited by Katuko

I think it might be better to switch the Kanohi Rode for the Kanohi Elda.I stated using a GameMaker a few days ago, so I see you probably put a lot of work in to this, game and I do mean a lot.Anyway I think that this is probably the best fan made bionicle games that I've played.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

The Elda has an entirely different purpose, though. It finds items and hidden people, while the Rode sees through illusions as well. Now, there are no illusions in-game yet, but there will be. I might add the Elda alongside the Rode, though. It could then see invisibility, point out item drop points and map objectives (like the Keystone) but not show health bars or illusions.And thanks, I'm glad to hear people like this game. Making games is a big hobby of mine so I enjoy it either way, but getting feedback on what I do makes it all the better. :)

I just played 9.5 and I have some suggestions;A toa of Gravity is not powerful enough, I hit a bot full on with a burst and it didn’t even go high enough to cause fall damage.I think that light needs to stun enemies more often, the entire time I played as a light toa, it only stunned my enemies once.Using laser vision should brighten your screen making it harder to see, mimicking the canon version, and using it for to long stuns you, instead of having a cool down time.I think that instead of having the Iron passive power simple endurance, it should regenerate your weapons, armour, and the like.Also Disintegration Rahkshi’s Secondary power could disintegrate everything you touch, not everything that near you.This is a great game and these are just some possible changes

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

I couldn't make a single gravity shot any more powerful without it veering into overpowered territory, so know that Gravity is a combo element. If the player you hit with low gravity jumps on his own, then he will be carried high enough to take fall damage, and the slower fall it makes him easier to hit him in midair. If you weigh him down with a shot of your other power, then fall damage can suddenly become very severe from a one-two combo. Gravity also has its area abilities set, so you can lower someone's gravity, then hold R to send them rocketing upwards if you're close enough.Light uses a very crude mechanic on bots, since they can't have screen brightening. Instead, after a certain amount of blindness, they simply stop completely. I'm going to instead make their AI less focused when their vision is affected, meaning that they can't "see" you as well and thus will fire off attacks less intelligently or walk the wrong direction to find you. The current mechanics don't allow for this, so the blinding aspect of light is pretty much useless on bots right now. If I make it too high, you see, we get what Shadow did at first, which was stun everyone all the time, thus letting you rack up kills with no fight at all.Laser Vison... well, I thought about making it brighten your screen, but I found it unnecessary. I might still add a slight effect after consecutive shots, but I won't make it stun yourself.Fe-matoran are said to have endurance, so that's what I went with, especially since self-repair is actually a rather powerful ability. So Earth has increased strength, Stone has knockback resistance and Iron has physical damage resistance.Disintegration is tricky, as is the power itself. Right now it randomly causes items to be destroyed upon hit, and I'm not too fond of randomness, actually. I'll try to find some way to streamline this power.

what i don't like, is that since it's just a single shot instead of a stream of them, it makes it so you get one hit, and than the fly up a little, and you have to repeat that several times.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I found Gravity to be simple awesome.But I might be a bit biased. :PAnyway, finally got around to downloading the new version, and I do think that it is pretty cool. I found Gravity as burst instead of stream to be a lot more effective and involves more planning/timing on when to hit bots. Verses spraying elemental energy around.Laser Vision is now one of my favorite Rahkshi powers in the game, and seems to be balanced nicely gameplay wise even though it's insta-hit. Can't wait for secondary ability for it.The only bad thing is that bots still seem to fly to the moon n' stuff when equipted with a Miru. Not that big of a problem, but most seem bent on killing themselves.And on slightly random note, I found a Mistika style Rayg Hau, dunno if you have it or not. ;)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Making it less spam-spray and thus possible to increase damage and make it more effective in bursts is the reason why Gravity was changed, yeah.Laser Vision was interesting, yes. It's a long-range power with pin-point accuracy, but ironically enough that also makes it easier to miss with. It'ss hit detection is a line, a single pixel wide, and it happens instantly. If you miss, you miss. No projectile size or travel time or explosion area that makes it more forgiving. It's just... you aim well, or you miss. :)I believe I have the Mistika Hau you are talking about, but I haven't put it in-game yet. Speaking of mask graphics, if anyone could get me a Toa-sized Shelek I'd be grateful.

You're right, it's kinda weak since it doesn't disorient bots. I'll do some tweaking later.I've now added the Mistika Hau as a style variation. Felnas has been added to the mask list, but has no functional power yet.

Well, it will make your power go out of control. If you are affected by it, it will most likely make your power fire off at a weird angle (fire would have shorter range and wider spread, for example) and also gain the potential of hitting yourself (explosives) by accident. Mask powers, too, could be forced on/off. Needless to say it would be dangerous for anyone involved.Speaking of dangerous... you guys found the Karda Nui boss to be a bit unbalanced and perhaps not unique enough, right?Regarding the ineffectiveness of Gravity, I just realized that I've made a logic error in the stat calculation. Damage-wise, it is fine, for the formula produces a linear curve (going from 20 to 60 damage depending on stats, for example), but when that same logic is used on the gravity change factor (going from 0.1 to 1) it doesn't take into account how increasing gravity results in an exponential speed curve and not a linear one.At lowest elemental level: Hitting someone with a weak blast = -10% gravity and a slight puff of speed upwards. However, reducing gravity by 10% is not enough to be very noticeable, and indeed, the tiny speed added upwards is promptly overruled by gravity still pulling downwards.At highest elemental level: Hitting someone with a powerful blast = -80% gravity and a decent puff of speed upwards. The extreme reduction in gravity coupled with a forced jump of sorts means that the target floats a lot higher than with weaker blasts.Comparing the values and doing some calculations, I realize I should have tested Gravity more thoroughly on lower levels. I was so focused on making it balanced at default and max potential that I forgot to do that, so yeah, I'm sorry, I made it useless with anything less than 5 or 6 ELM. I've now rebalanced the stats, making Gravity start out at what was ~5 before and still ending at 10. This makes the max power the same, but ensures that the effect is there even when the ELM stat is reduced.

Edited by Katuko

I used a Rode and found that my plasma was a lot weaker then a computer controlled toa of plasma.Is this just me?

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Players and bots both use exactly the same script for attacks. Stream mechanics can mix things up, however. For Plasma, each piece of the stream can deal damage multiple times, and they deal more damage at the start of their creation and less as they fade out. However, they also start out relatively small and increase in size as they travel.This means that if you stand at the very tip of a Plasma stream, you will take little damage, as the weakened, fading particles only hit you for a short while and will little damage each. Comparatively, standing right next to the Toa will make you take a lot more damage, but at the same time the effect is somewhat diminished by the particles quickly passing through you. Mid-way through the stream can be the most dangerous, as you are then hit with medium damage per particle and each one is large enough to hit you several times as it passes.Funnily enough this also means that running into a Plasma stream will make you take less damage overall because you pass through each particle more quickly, but you then take that damage quicker because you run into each particle instead of letting them come to you. On the other hand, running away from a Plasma stream can cause you to take more damage because each particle hits you for a longer period of time.The AI is dumb when it comes to attacks. It will gladly run straight into your Plasma, and depending on the differences in health, speed, attack power and proximity to the stream, it can appear that you do less damage than it, and occasionally the opposite. I'm going to add floating damage numbers as an option, that should allow some proper testing to be done, but right now it's not possible that any bot does more damage than the player so long as both have the same stats.Oh, final note: if you were attacking a Rahkshi of Plasma, they do have more power to their stream. A Toa maxes at 60 base damage, while Rahkshi of Plasma hit 80. If they were wearing armor it would also be invisible because I lack sprites for Rahkshi armor, and in that case your Plasma would be affected by damage reduction.

Something odd: If you're a Rahkshi that benefits from Strength and something else, and you have 10 STR, and then become very hot, your level will decrease from the loss of two STR points. However, the two points of ELM added by the Power Sword will not increase your level if you benefit from ELM and have 8 points of it.~Unit#phntk#1