Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

i just played it. best platform game on bzpower.even more than toas quest 3i like the metallic sounds when you walk over a panel, but why does the cordak blaster not shoot?another thing i found annoying i that you have to jump first befoer you use the miru, because when i fall off cliffs, i cant use my miru because i didnt jump.there are ALOT of weapons and masks, and the maps look good. but i prefer games wher you actually aim, not just running into 10 toa nd pressing the shoot button and hoping it hitsi , personally think that (like in insurgent) you use wasd to move, mouse to aim, lmb to use weapon1, and rmb to use weapon 2, and q/e to change weapons/ use powers

Edited by bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

why does the cordak blaster not shoot?

He hasn't gotten around to programing that.

another thing i found annoying i that you have to jump first befoer you use the miru, because when i fall off cliffs, i cant use my miru because i didnt jump.

Just press the 'S' key. If you're already in the air it will activate the Miru.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

well why dont you try that when you are falling to your death at the center of the universe :Pand BTW how do you save a character?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I've begun downloading now, and I'll try to review it this weekend. Chances are I won't have a lot to say, since everything else has likely said it, but I'll still give my thoughts. Thanks for continuing to work hard on this project. You definitely have more dedication and discipline than most of the FCG developers that I've seen over the years. :)

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

You definitely have more dedication and discipline than most of the FCG developers that I've seen over the years. :)

yeah. and it has become alot more advanced than any of the other platform games, and shows a promising futureI have no idea how you would do the multiplayer, though. whats your 'game plan' for making multiplayer?

well why dont you try that when you are falling to your death at the center of the universe :Pand BTW how do you save a character?

I have, works great.Click the "Save character" button in the lower right corner of the character creation screen and type in a file name.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

I know you're doing a lot, and I understand that. I must say though, that the amount of work that is put into the game will dictate the quality. The more in, the more out. For example, it'd be a lot more interesting to have 4 species instead of 2 that can be played as. In fact, I'd say that 4 playable character types would be twice as interesting.

Twice as interesting and twice the work. ;)

As for the midak skyblaster, I say we have a small ball of light about the size of the fire secondary attack, and have it deal the same damage as it does now with two exceptions. First, I would like a 10-20% damage boost when wielded by a Toa of light. Second, I'd like it to have a knockback effect on Rahkshi, makuta, and Toa of Shadow.

No, there will be no elemental rock-paper-scissors in this game. No element will automatically do more damage against certain others, and no element will get special boosts unless that is explicitly their special ability. This is how it must be for a fair and balanced multiplayer experience. Otherwise we will see someone playing a Toa of Shadow and then all his opponents picking Light just for the damage boost. And heck, you want one Toa element to always have +10% damage against half the playable cast? Didn't think that one through a lot, did you? :) (No offense, hope.)

Now, concerning species types, I think that we can manage 4. :)

"We", possibly. "I" can not at this point in time.

I here's what I say. Toa: Strong element+melee+kanohiBohrok: weak element+strong melee+kranaRahkshi: flight+elemental power+meleeSkakdi: Elemental powers with a weapon+Vision OR Kanohi powers+Strong melee Skakdi elemental with a weapon=Toa elemental=Rahkshi elemental>Bohrok elementalBohrok melee>Skakdi melee>Rakshi melee>Toa meleeToa Kanohi=Skakdi Kanohi

We've gone over ideas for the species several times in the previous topics (and some discussion in this one), but the fact of the matter remains that no amount of planning will make me program new species when I've already got my hands full with making the ones I have work. I do not want to fall into Scope Creep, so I'm just going to cut the species discussion short here.

on the first post, it says you are looking for a bzp friendly video site.ive seen bzp memebers use vimeo, thats bzp friendly

Thanks, I'll look into it. :)

@kanohi_master: You realize how long it has taken him to partially do two species? Two more would take at least another year or two (no offense Katuko, I can imagine how much work it is just for Toa with all their various abilities).

No problem, that's my stance as well. Looking at my earliest game file, it's dated July 2010. That's over a year in progress and I'm still not 100% done with any of the elementals. Fire still has placeholder graphics and no "fire throw" animation, and it was the first I programmed. So yeah.

i just played it. best platform game on bzpower.even more than toas quest 3i like the metallic sounds when you walk over a panel, but why does the cordak blaster not shoot?another thing i found annoying i that you have to jump first befoer you use the miru, because when i fall off cliffs, i cant use my miru because i didnt jump.there are ALOT of weapons and masks, and the maps look good. but i prefer games wher you actually aim, not just running into 10 toa nd pressing the shoot button and hoping it hitsi , personally think that (like in insurgent) you use wasd to move, mouse to aim, lmb to use weapon1, and rmb to use weapon 2, and q/e to change weapons/ use powers

The Cordak Blaster doesn't shoot simply because I haven't programmed its rockets yet. :)The Miru can be used just fine when falling. Just hold jump at any point in mid-air and it should slow you down. If you hold "down" while doing this it will cancel the slowdown, however, making you continue to fall at whatever speed you were at before floating. (Though you can slow yourself somewhat and then just keep that speed, if you want to float just a bit faster downwards.)

Alpha123, I understand it'll take a while, but if Katuko wants to take the time to do it, I am willing to wait for the best platform BIONICLE game ever. Perhaps even the best BIONICLE game ever.

I'm glad to hear you say that. :)

Bottom of the character screen, there are buttons for saving and loading characters.

I've begun downloading now, and I'll try to review it this weekend. Chances are I won't have a lot to say, since everything else has likely said it, but I'll still give my thoughts. Thanks for continuing to work hard on this project. You definitely have more dedication and discipline than most of the FCG developers that I've seen over the years. :)

That was my goal, sort of."I wanna bethe very bestlike no-one ever was":P

yeah. and it has become alot more advanced than any of the other platform games, and shows a promising futureI have no idea how you would do the multiplayer, though. whats your 'game plan' for making multiplayer?

39DLL, a Game Maker extention that allows proper networking functions. Then it's a matter of "simple" back-and-forth programming. Edited by Katuko

I do save, but when I load, thats the problem. I cant find the file. I even made an extra folder specificly for saves, but when I load it, the saves arent there

Edited by bulik

When you click "Load character", do you see any of the default characters? (Tahu, Gali, Lhikan, etc)

Muffin button

What exactly happens when you click "Load character"? It should be like this. BTW, Rahkshi of Adaptation should be able to breathe underwater.

Edited by alpha123

Muffin button

So, I played it, and I really like it. Pros: Guns: Okay, this is one of the best things. One of the things that irked me was when I played as an element that didn't have a good offensive ability and I then had nothing but a puny flame sword. New elements: Magnetism is now my all out favorite: only one thing that annoys me is that my chief tactic - using the secondary magnetic power to push foes into the lava - doesn't make my kill counter record anything. :o I also like air of course... Except when a Rahkshi or a miru/gravity toa attacks. :( Armor and shields: Yup, good to see these working. New maps: Ta Koro is my favorite map now, and Mangaia is pretty cool. Cons: Enemy stats don't show: I see your reasoning, but it annoys me still...Elements: One thing that minorly annoys me is that no matter whether the element is finished or not, all its powers both current and future are listed. I ended up drowning as a toa of air once, because I thought I could breath water with the non existant secondary air power. XD Minor gripe though... Overall, these changes are awesome. Very awesome. I look forwards to seeing this game's next version.

I played through it. Not bad! Graphics are vastly improved, the music is awesome, and the powers look pretty cool. Nicely done! Some issues though:

• [*]It seems that your current setup does not allow for two actions to be performed at once (i.e., running and shooting). I think that this is a very important feature, as stopping everything to do something kinda disrupts my flow[*]There also seems to be an issue with your speed interpolation function. I was often unable to move because the speed kept alternating between 0 and 0.5 instead of interloping to the max speed.[*]Thirdly, I recommend making it very clear in the game which features are present and which aren't. Fourthly, I noticed that some elements are easier to work with (and seemingly more powerful) than others. I was able to kill almost twice as many enemies (and with almost half as many deaths) playing as a Toa of Shadows as opposed to a Toa of Stone. Balance is a difficult thing to get perfect though, so I just recommend looking at the player comments, seeing what they think of the gameplay balance, and just doing the best you can with that.[*]Fourthly, there's also a balance issue between weapons and elemental powers. I've always had an easier time killing and avoiding death by using elements. In my experience, trying to melee attack would get me killed rather quickly. This may be due to the long range thing, but I'd recommend simply making it less easy to die in close combat than long range; make the elemental powers more powerful than the melee weapons.[*]I think the characters should flash or show some sort of indication that they've been hit.

Again, you did a good job so far. I recommend fixing these things (and any other issues members have pointed out) sooner than later.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

using the secondary magnetic power to push foes into the lava - doesn't make my kill counter record anything. :o

Yeah, this also affects Air and Gravity. And as a Toa of Lightning, my primary attack doesn't seem to count kills at all. o_O

Enemy stats don't show: I see your reasoning, but it annoys me still...

It bothered me for a while too (still does), but I eventually came round to realizing that's the best way to do it. Also, if you play the game way too much, you get used to it.

I was able to kill almost twice as many enemies (and with almost half as many deaths) playing as a Toa of Shadows as opposed to a Toa of Stone.

This is due to a bug in the game which makes Shadow waaay too powerful. (I got 144 kills in Mangaia before I died....)

Fourthly, there's also a balance issue between weapons and elemental powers. I've always had an easier time killing and avoiding death by using elements. In my experience, trying to melee attack would get me killed rather quickly.

I agree. Maybe being able to move while melee attacking would solve the problem.

I think the characters should flash or show some sort of indication that they've been hit.

Yeah, currently the only indication is sound. Little floating damage text would be a good way IMO.

Muffin button

So, I played it, and I really like it. Pros: Guns: Okay, this is one of the best things. One of the things that irked me was when I played as an element that didn't have a good offensive ability and I then had nothing but a puny flame sword.

This is mostly due to a lack of powers at this time, but yeah, projectile weapons are meant to offset short-range powers such as Poison.

New elements: Magnetism is now my all out favorite: only one thing that annoys me is that my chief tactic - using the secondary magnetic power to push foes into the lava - doesn't make my kill counter record anything. :o

Yeah, this also affects Air and Gravity. And as a Toa of Lightning, my primary attack doesn't seem to count kills at all. o_O

An issue with my kill counter system: Unlike other shooters, it only checks for the killing factor. In TF2, if you shoot an enemy and he then falls of a cliff (or you just push him in directly via knockback) you get credit for the kill. In my game, there is no "assist" counter; the last damage applied will count as the thing to get credit. So you could find a Quick Healing Rahkshi in full armor, then spend a lot of time on whittling down its effective 1000 HP, and then a random Nui-Rama touches him, leaving you with no points. :P Once I implement the damage display system (with floating numbers 'n' stuff for those who want it) I'l most likely be able to fix this issue. The Lightning thing is another little code string I forgot to include. Many attacks share code, such as the movement and collisions of projectiles. When making a new projectile, I usually just copy-paste a previous one and then modify it. Lightning, however, has unique code, so I made it from scratch. I then forgot to include the kill counter code.

I also like air of course... Except when a Rahkshi or a miru/gravity toa attacks. :(

Air's primary power will most likely be effective against flyers as well, since it doesn't rely on fall damage to do the job.

New maps: Ta Koro is my favorite map now, and Mangaia is pretty cool.

Both are WIP, so expect to see them improved as well. :)

Elements: One thing that minorly annoys me is that no matter whether the element is finished or not, all its powers both current and future are listed. I ended up drowning as a toa of air once, because I thought I could breath water with the non existant secondary air power. XD Minor gripe though...

The only reason non-working powers are not gray or red on the character screen is that making them be that way would require a lot more coding than not. I think I'll add a tag next to their names, though: [uNAVAILABLE]

Overall, these changes are awesome. Very awesome. I look forwards to seeing this game's next version.

Always glad to hear that. :)

I played through it. Not bad! Graphics are vastly improved, the music is awesome, and the powers look pretty cool. Nicely done!

*Takes a bow*

It seems that your current setup does not allow for two actions to be performed at once (i.e., running and shooting). I think that this is a very important feature, as stopping everything to do something kinda disrupts my flow

Really? I run, jump and shoot all the time. At the moment only melee attacks are meant to stop you in your tracks. It might be a keyboard issue on your part, since many keyboards can't handle more than two or three key presses at once. I've tried to map powers to the usual "gaming keys", but depending on your setup certain key combos might be canceling each other out.

There also seems to be an issue with your speed interpolation function. I was often unable to move because the speed kept alternating between 0 and 0.5 instead of interloping to the max speed.

This, too, sounds strange. There's an issue with going too fast (a combination of stun+"moonwalk" will make you shoot off to the left), but never too slow.

Thirdly, I recommend making it very clear in the game which features are present and which aren't.

I agree.

Fourthly, I noticed that some elements are easier to work with (and seemingly more powerful) than others. I was able to kill almost twice as many enemies (and with almost half as many deaths) playing as a Toa of Shadows as opposed to a Toa of Stone. Balance is a difficult thing to get perfect though, so I just recommend looking at the player comments, seeing what they think of the gameplay balance, and just doing the best you can with that.

That's what I'm doing right now. :D Shadow's power is a glitch; it's not meant to stun like that. Notice that just a touch is enough to immobilize bots, while you as a player simply gets a weak screen tint effect unless you get hit continuously. The reason for this is that Shadow is meant to gradually blind the bots by lowering their "perception value", but for some reason any value below 100% makes them stop unlike the 10% treshold I've set them to.

Fourthly, there's also a balance issue between weapons and elemental powers. I've always had an easier time killing and avoiding death by using elements. In my experience, trying to melee attack would get me killed rather quickly. This may be due to the long range thing, but I'd recommend simply making it less easy to die in close combat than long range; make the elemental powers more powerful than the melee weapons.

Melee was first intended to be an emergency solution for a player who ran out of EP. I realized that many people enjoy melee fighting, however, so I buffed the damage. I had to remove the knockdown effect from a lot of things due to how annoying they were (melee, Nui-Rama, etc) so that made melee weaker as well. You're right: melee fights only really work when the other guy isn't blasting your face off with elemental powers. Kanohi like the Hau, Pakari, Kiril, Kualsi and Huna makes melee more viable, along with armor and abilities like self-healing. Certain weapon also lends themselves better to direct combat. The Earth Claws swing fast and does good damage. The Fire Staff, on the other hand, is better for use of its ignition ability. The Power Sword is in the middle, but it's meant for an elemental attacker the same way the Air Saber is designed for flyers.

I think the characters should flash or show some sort of indication that they've been hit.

Me too, I just haven't coded it yet. :)

Again, you did a good job so far. I recommend fixing these things (and any other issues members have pointed out) sooner than later.

I know, but it's a pretty long list at this point, so I just grab random things off it and go fixin'.

Enemy stats don't show: I see your reasoning, but it annoys me still...

It bothered me for a while too (still does), but I eventually came round to realizing that's the best way to do it. Also, if you play the game way too much, you get used to it.
I might make it a server rule once I get that far, as well as an option for when you are playing single-player. I agree that it doesn't really matter all that much what you see and know when your enemies are just bots. They don't feel like you are cheating even if you modify your character file to have 100 in all stats. :P

Fourthly, there's also a balance issue between weapons and elemental powers. I've always had an easier time killing and avoiding death by using elements. In my experience, trying to melee attack would get me killed rather quickly.

I agree. Maybe being able to move while melee attacking would solve the problem.
You could, originally, but moving with melee opens up all sort of issues with "sliding" across the floor, timing hits being wonky, etc. I think functional shields will work a lot better to keep you alive, once I figure out how to handle them properly. By the way: my totally super-secret design document has a section regarding melee attacks. The melee system currently in the game is a bare-bones version. You see how the characters use axes and claws for stabbing? They are supposed to have their own animation with a wider swing range. Regular melee attacks as well: standing still when using a sword would give you the regular swing, while running would make you lunge forwards and pressing up/down would let you attack in that direction. Unlike elemental powers, I'd let you aim melee attacks because honestly, they are still just melee.

Yeah, currently the only indication is sound. Little floating damage text would be a good way IMO.
Indeed.

They are supposed to have their own animation with a wider swing range

like in terraria?

What exactly happens when you click "Load character"? It should be like this.

no, it opens that, but no files. i think i figured it out, so ill try this in a minute

They are supposed to have their own animation with a wider swing range

like in terraria?
That would be a good a good comparison, yes. In feel it will be more like Castlevania, though (Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow., specifically).

Ahh yes, I wondered if you were finished with melee, Katuko. Also, I'm working on rough ideas for two other maps.

Sounds good. :) Edited by Katuko

D'oh. I see.General info to y'all: Make a shortcut, never ever ever move the *.exe of a program unless that is the only file the program actually needs. In this case, moving the executable breaks its link with the music sub-folder, as well as making the DLL incapable of loading. That DLL is the backbone of the save/load system, so I would have expected the game to throw an error right away because it couldn't initialize vital functions. (Though I've turned off standard error messages for the public releases because out of the few I'm getting I know what they are and the bugs I cannot find are those that don't spawn messages in the first place.)Also of note: Characters files can be placed anywhere on your computer. You can move the character folder if you want. but the music, INI DLL and the executable itself must have the configuration they do now: EXE and INI in the same folder, music in a sub-folder named that.@alpha123: Adaptation actually has a form of underwater breathing already. It may be a bit hard to notice, but Rahkshi of that type lose air a lot slower than others. This should also work for choking from freezing and eventual air/vacuum powers.The trailer is now up on Vimeo, by the way. Link in the first post.

Edited by Katuko

In code: 39DLL, as I mentioned earlier. A "simple" matter of sending packets of data back and forth and making sure the events on each player's screen syncs up. From the player's point of view; I'd do it like the Source Engine does: One player sets up a server, then the others see it in a list and select one to join. Any player can then set up a server with their own settings, and I don't have to keep a server running 24/7. The downside is that if that player drops out, everyone drops out. Of course, this is a problem with any LAN game, so I'm not really worried.

hmm.. i dont think supreme commander 2 and star wars republic commando are source... but thats how their servers are, in a list i think you should try to put multiplayer up while doing bug fixes before making more mask powers, etc. that way there is more replayability while we wait for the other updates :{D and then have a server up on evry certain day at a certain time, when most dont have, "distractions"

Many games are like that, I just named the ones I'm the most familiar with. The thing about multiplayer is that its code relies on passing info back and forth between two different systems, and before I start doing that I would rather have things working on one system. For example, none of the elements incorporate proper animations. That means I have to rewrite part of the code when I add those in, and that would essentially mean twice the amount of work if I had started multiplayer since I would then need to modify the net code as well. The melee system also lacks shields and other stuff, while there are some bad glitches regarding movement, so that's another few reasons to push multiplayer down the list. Time zones would probably keep me from operating a server at "prime time", even though I spend a lot of time in front of the computer. I'm in Europe, so that's half a day of difference from America (though I have no idea where most of you are from).

hmm.. i dont think supreme commander 2 and star wars republic commando are source... but thats how their servers are, in a list i think you should try to put multiplayer up while doing bug fixes before making more mask powers, etc. that way there is more replayability while we wait for the other updates :{D and then have a server up on evry certain day at a certain time, when most dont have, "distractions"

This is a good idea, of course, I understand why you decline, as I can imagine what a pain it is to set up multiplayer. However, I didn't even realize that the sprites were wrong, and honestly, I wasn't really planning on using shields anyways (maybe armor, but even then I'd rather use the points for something else.) And IMO, not getting shields or anything else implemented for awhile is a more than fair tradeoff in exchange for getting multiplayer a lot sooner. I think a lot of people feel the same way since I'm fine with the amount of powers/masks/etc. already implemented. At least a local multiplayer, preferably using either two different keyboards, but also different keys (though then you could control each others' characters,) or a keyboard and 360 controller (especially since I got a 360 over the break, along with a wired controller to use.) At least that would be easier while still allowing a form of multiplayer.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Yeah, I see where you are coming from. It's just so much easier for me to continue on the same track than having to stop and learn some brand new techniques. I'll see what I can do, though. Heck, maybe I'll just fling together a simple multiplayer mini-game for you while I work on the "full version".

[selfpromotion]BIONICLE Conflict Zone has some pretty basic multiplayer, but it only works over your local network (meaning you'd have to have someone else in your house to play it with) and is kind of a pain to set up.[/selfpromotion] On the Adaptation underwater breathing: I think level 5 Rahkshi should at least be able to breathe underwater. Gills seem to be something an Adaptation Rahkshi could make easily.

Muffin button

I thought about it, but discarded the idea due toA] only a few powers being feasibleandB] too complex for just one weapon. With the Rahkshi staff at least I can copy/paste existing powers. There are just as many issues with enlarge as there is with shrink, by the way, to say nothing of reconstitute. Shapeshifting is already going to be a nightmare to program, and I don't want to throw balance issues on top of that with the transformation being utterly random. Reconstitute: Random and complex.Freeze: Already covered by Toa of Ice and the various Ice weapons.Weaken: Boring. :PRemove poison: You would have to shoot yourself to get any real use out of it.Enlarge/shrink: Changes hitboxes and thus very probably mechanics.Regenerate: Again, you would need to shoot yourself.Teleport: Unwilling teleport? Nah. And no, no Metru-specific traits. The disk launcher will shoot something akin to a flat rock, and nothing more. ;) Update on game status: No progress the past week. I have been busy with school (and gaming, of course).

I can't believe I missed this before, but the Lightning emanate power is really cool. I read the Wikipedia article on Game Maker Language. It's ridiculously primitive. Congratulations for getting anything done at all.

Muffin button

I can't believe I missed this before, but the Lightning emanate power is really cool.

Same here. I absolutely love lightning now, though like some of the other elements (such as plasma,) it makes the rahkshi version seem obsolete (they both have emanate, absorb, as well as secondary and primary powers, while the rahkshi.) Nice that just about all the powers will work in staff form, save for the ones that haven't been implemented, or ones like chameleon that wouldn't really work with a staff.

I can't believe I missed this before, but the Lightning emanate power is really cool. I read the Wikipedia article on Game Maker Language. It's ridiculously primitive. Congratulations for getting anything done at all.

Primitive? Simplified, I think we'll say. Game Maker itself is written in Delphi, and Delphi commands have been compiled into predefined GM functions, like "horizontal speed". GML still incorporates a lot of elements from other languages, except that it's a bit more lenient in its syntax at times (and, unfortunately, slower than pure Delphi would have been).

I can't believe I missed this before, but the Lightning emanate power is really cool.

Same here. I absolutely love lightning now, though like some of the other elements (such as plasma,) it makes the rahkshi version seem obsolete (they both have emanate, absorb, as well as secondary and primary powers, while the rahkshi.) Nice that just about all the powers will work in staff form, save for the ones that haven't been implemented, or ones like chameleon that wouldn't really work with a staff.
Chameleon will be going into a staff as soon as I figure out how to make it work without breaking its script. When it comes to Toa/Rahkshi comparison, remember that the Rahkshi haven't got all their powers yet, and Emanate powers are pretty much useless most of the time. Let's compare Toa and Rahkshi of Plasma, though: Toa: Primary is a stream of ionized gas with an additional heat circle effect. (Uses 20 EP per second.) Secondary is an energy shield. (30 EP per second) Can absorb energy to recharge.Rahkshi: Primary is the same stream without heat effect, but it costs only 10 EP per second. Secondary is meant to be less "shield" and more "lingering heat death". Can not absorb energy. Magnetism:Toa: Primary = pulling items off the enemy; secondary = pushing people away.Rahkshi: Primary = crushes you with magnetism (more damage depending on item HP drained); secondary = same as Toa primary. (Chain) Lightning:Toa: Primary: Stream of electricity; secondary chain lightning. (May be nerfed to cause less splitting bolts.) Can emanate an electric field.Rahkshi: Primary chain lightning with higher base damage. Secondary is supposed to be an electric trap sort of thing. Toa focus on being versatile and thus able to function in various combat situations. (Magnetism: attack by pulling off items, get away from strong enemies by pushing them away.) Rahkshi focus on being tough sonsofmakuta and just kill you. (Magnetism: Crush you into nothingness via your items, or rip them off to disarm you.)

Primitive? Simplified, I think we'll say. Game Maker itself is written in Delphi, and Delphi commands have been compiled into predefined GM functions, like "horizontal speed". GML still incorporates a lot of elements from other languages, except that it's a bit more lenient in its syntax at times (and, unfortunately, slower than pure Delphi would have been).

Chameleon will be going into a staff as soon as I figure out how to make it work without breaking its script. When it comes to Toa/Rahkshi comparison, remember that the Rahkshi haven't got all their powers yet, and Emanate powers are pretty much useless most of the time. Let's compare Toa and Rahkshi of Plasma, though: Toa: Primary is a stream of ionized gas with an additional heat circle effect. (Uses 20 EP per second.) Secondary is an energy shield. (30 EP per second) Can absorb energy to recharge.Rahkshi: Primary is the same stream without heat effect, but it costs only 10 EP per second. Secondary is meant to be less "shield" and more "lingering heat death". Can not absorb energy. Magnetism:Toa: Primary = pulling items off the enemy; secondary = pushing people away.Rahkshi: Primary = crushes you with magnetism (more damage depending on item HP drained); secondary = same as Toa primary. (Chain) Lightning:Toa: Primary: Stream of electricity; secondary chain lightning. (May be nerfed to cause less splitting bolts.) Can emanate an electric field.Rahkshi: Primary chain lightning with higher base damage. Secondary is supposed to be an electric trap sort of thing. Toa focus on being versatile and thus able to function in various combat situations. (Magnetism: attack by pulling off items, get away from strong enemies by pushing them away.) Rahkshi focus on being tough sonsofmakuta and just kill you. (Magnetism: Crush you into nothingness via your items, or rip them off to disarm you.)
That's fair, it's just that currently toa have more powers programmed, but once all the powers are in the playing field will be level. Plus, any rahkshi with the default rahkshi stats and a staff is powerful enough to take out a nui-rama with a single hit (either color.) So while melee isn't necessarily that good, they excel in physical prowess.

Team Toa vs Team Rahkshi! Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P Do Rahkshi get some kind of melee damage boost? I think it would be useful to help balance things out more.

Muffin button