Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Eh, I'll just leave it as "semi-canon" palette or something. Takua is the only Ta-Matoran with blue parts that I can recall too. The rest were all red, orange, yellow and/or black. The color options settings will hopefully allow each player to allow/restrict color palettes to their liking, so that I won't have to deal with any complaints. :P

EDIT: I have too much fun with sprites nowadays. I was going to split up Toa Metru sprites for use in my game, but after working on Kanohi sprites again I just ended up with this:

katuko_olmak_animation.gif

Yay for animation!

OMMN FLOATY OLMAK!!

Anyway, I've been thinking about the armor sprites that I made and I was thinking that with the new engine you'll need the different limbs all separate from the body, am I correct? I can make a sheet with arms with shoulder armor in various poses, different torsos, etc.

Edited by JacobLazer

20795.jpg

Correct, armor only needs to fitted to each unique torso and arm pose. I will no longer need to make every pose as a single sprite in advance.

I realize that with the sprites split up, there may be more room for varying torso/limb/head combinations. Norik, for example, uses the broad Vahki-styled legs on an otherwise normal Toa Metru build. Since I have a sprite sheet of Norik, I believe it would be easy to add "broad legs" as an option on Metru bodies.

Edited by Katuko

...On the other hand, flying and lobbing fireballs would allow you to aim them downwards too, so we'll see how balanced it is in practice. :P

You are preoccupied fighting someone when a red toa swoops in and bombs you with a fireball

I can imagine floating around and randomly nuking people. MWAHAHAHAHA

I made a Toa of Earth with a Miru just so I could do that XD

I think a toa of stone would work better but still a good way to crowd control

press and hold R and then the "down" cursor

the down key you mean?

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

Yup, all the basic swords and stuff I've made - along with many more or less custom weapons - can be added as weapons with the new system I imagine. In my current game engine every weapon needs a separate entry in the code, making new weapons cumbersome to add. I plan to replace it with a script where I define weapon types but not specifics, so that instead of having to make "fire sword" and "ice sword" be entirely different things I can just have the player equip "sword" and then vary the graphics and finer details of it.

Below is a preliminary list of perk types, by the way, to help describe how the new character creation might be listed up. Perks are meant to replace stat points, so that instead of increasing the Element stat to gain more damage, better effects, more energy points and faster recharge; these things are split into separate icons of sorts. You can therefore apply 1 point to Elemental Damage, for example, and another point in Fast Recharge. Or, you can choose to put a point into Fast Recharge, but spend your other point on Improved Blocking or something like that. Having each point mean something more than just a tiny boost helps lessen the problem where some stats are too useful. For example, having 3 points in ELM is not all that different from having 4 points, because the bonuses per stat per point are very minor. If you want to gain extra energy that actually means something, you currently have to invest several points at once.

With perks, you can instead spend that 1 point on energy recharge, and it will have a real effect on your character. Boosting recharge will not suddenly turn you into a god of damage, though, that would cost a second point in a different perk. Before we would have this kind of setup:

- Character with low ELM stat = bad damage and bad energy pool.

- Character with high ELM stat = good damage and good energy pool.

It's very much an "either or" situation, where you cannot have a character that deals good damage in short bursts, or has little effect but can keep doing his thing for a long time. It's either "very good with element" or "very bad with element". Same goes for melee, movement, etc. You're either good at everything or bad at everything related to a certain stat. Before I buffed melee damage STR was determined to be useless, and the same almost happened to VIT too until I gave it more extra HP per point. In fact, VIT is one of the best stats, because each point gives a flat increase or decrease in HP and nothing else. You know exactly what you're getting, and it does not affect any other aspects of your character (apart from Rahkshi levels, those are unbalanced too).

Stat effects have now been mostly isolated from each other and put into new perks. The exact number of points you get to spend will have to be balanced out as we go (in fact, it will likely be a variable setting, at least for single player games) but it will be enough to "fully" specialize in a certain type of character if you wish. For example, enough points to specialize in both melee weapons and using shields, but maybe not enough to completely max out damage boosts or weapon types for melee.

Please note that this list is by no means finished. Also note that this list assumes that a player can carry whatever gear they want without having to spend points on them, with appropriate balance measures stemming from that fact. For example, carrying two melee weapons lets you attack more quickly (possibly with two different special weapon effects) but at slightly reduced damage. Carrying a shield allows you to block very effectively, but reduces max movement speed due to the weight. Different weapons have different attack animations, such as an axe using an arcing strike and a knife being used for stabbing.

On this list, each entry would be contained in its own perk/skill. Most perks are unnamed, not all effects are even certain to be like this once actually in-game. Feel free to comment and suggest changes/additions; though note that certain things will have to stay unique to powers and elements. For example, there should probably not be a perk that adds resistance to status effects or temperature changes, as that is the schtick of Adaptation and passive bonuses for elements like Fire and Ice.

Melee weapons

melee_header.png

• Generic melee damage boost stat. (Can be adjusted + or - 2 points).
  • Dual-wielding applies no penalties to damage or force.
  • Greatly improved range with a thrown weapon, plus a small damage bonus.
  • Can melee attack without having to slow down.
  • 50% extra force on each melee strike, 25% slower attack speed.
  • On special swings (press a direction while attacking, or maybe hold the button to "charge up"): Power strike that has double damage and force, but swings slower.
  • Every melee strike deals extra damage to enemy equipment.
Projectile weapons

projectile_header.png

• Generic damage boost stat for projectile weapons. (Can be adjusted + or - 2 points).
  • Reduced reload speed and/or cooldown between shots.
  • Can enter and exit aim mode much quicker.
  • Reduced/removed movement speed penalty while aiming.
  • Getting hit no longer affects your aim.
Unarmed/other attacks

rahkshipunch.png

• Generic damage boost stat for unarmed/claw strikes.
  • Increased attack speed and certain special moves with unarmed/claw attacks at the cost of worse performance when carrying other weapon types.
  • On special swings: Can perform a special strike which will disarm the enemy if they are currently using their weapon. (Striking or blocking with the weapon).
  • Can grab and throw an enemy who is not blocking.
Blocking

proto_shield_strip.png

• Faster shield deployment.
  • Carrying a shield no longer affects normal movement speed.
  • Reduce the extra speed penalty applied when blocking.
  • Timing your block perfectly will potentially stagger a melee attacker.
  • Enemies walking too close to your shield can be pushed back.
  • Doubled force resistance while blocking.
  • Blocking can now reduce damage from defense-piercing attacks.
Armor/protection

rahkshi_stand_armor_test.png

• Generic armor effectiveness vs movement penalty adjustment perk. (+ or - 2 points).
  • Reduced penalty to movement and weapon aiming while wearing armor.
  • Can block just as well with a melee weapon as with a shield.
  • Attacks targeted at your armor no longer gains any special benefits because of it.
Stat bars
  • Change the max amount of your health bar. (Can be adjusted several points up or down).
  • Very minor health regeneration after not taking damage for a few seconds.
  • Change the max amount of your elemental energy bar. (Can be adjusted several points up or down).
  • Your elemental energy recharges faster after not being used for a few seconds.
Movement
  • Change the max movement speed of your character.
  • Change the maneuverability of your character in water and in midair. Jump a bit higher.
  • Gain the ability to combat roll on the ground by double-tapping a direction key.
Main (elemental) power

fire_icon_inferno.pngice_icon_deepfreeze.pngposion_icon_liquidthing.pnglight_icon_flarething.png

• Generic perk for changing the base damage and effect potency of your main power. (+2 or -2 points).
  • Specialized perks related to your main power/element. (Ideally 4 points total for each).
  • Elemental effects on weapons require less energy to use.
  • Elemental effects on weapons are much more potent.
Kanohi (and other types of special power) perks
  • Change the base duration (energy usage) of Kanohi powers. (+2 or -2 points).
  • Change the base effect potency of Kanohi powers, or upgrade/specialize the equipped power. (2 points max, can potentially be -2'd as well).
Getting a perk or skill boosts costs 1 point. Certain skills will allow you to impose penalties on yourself in order to gain a point instead. Equipment costs no points, but has their up- and downsides. Weapons are free to use, but obviously bad to lose to corrosion etc. if you happen to meet that kind of enemy. Armor protects you (some different types will be available), but slows you down and makes it hard to jump/swim. Shields protect you much better than standard blocking, but have a minor speed penalty as well.

As an example character, let us use Kopaka. Kopaka would have points invested in shield usage and his element, possibly also improved melee attacks. If we're talking about the Nuva version, he might also have a point in armor and something related to dual-wielding. His weak points would be that he has no proficiency with projectiles (he might even have taken a penalty on them in order to melee/element specialize better). He would also not have anything more than normal movement abilities.

On the other end of the pool, Vakama Metru would be using no armor, and only invest in projectile weapons. He would not have much of an element boost, but he could have taken some Kanohi-related perks and possibly used the Fire Storm skill I mentioned in another post to replace large fireballs with smaller, quicker ones.

My own character Madrihk (from the BZPRPG) would be using melee attacks, blocking with weapons, quick movement and Kanohi perks. He would not be using any armor (or if he did, he'd be making it lighter) or shields, but might spend a point on projectile weapons "just in case".

rahkshi finally get visible armor? AWESOME

I think your current priority should be game modes...just sayin' ^_^

Me too, I'm just awful at actually carrying out priorities in practice. :lol:

I already got some code in my head for how to implement each game mode, I just haven't written it out. I'll see if I can't sneak in something simple like Territorial Control in the next update. Then again, I still need to make the AI actually go for the objectives. They currently don't care about anything except killing enemies, so that's gonna be a party. :/

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the armor stuff for a while. I've got a lot of other projects I'm working on now, plus school and all that. I'll try to do them once all that other stuff is finished.

I completely understand. I have the same issue on this end, pretty much, and since I have to use my old laptop for BF programming ATM that makes me work only now and then.

EDIT: Oh, and digging up some old shames from my sprite folders.

gali_caramell2.gif

As they say: "lolz"

Edited by Katuko

Okay, so I decided to sit down and work out a tier list for the game. I played each Toa element/Rahkshi power which has at least one of their two primary attacks working to either 50 kills or 50 deaths (whichever came first) on Mangaia. Rahkshi had 10 in each of their 2 primary stats for their power and 5 in each of the others (and no items). Toa had 9 Element, 9 Mind, 5 everything else, and a Kanohi Hau (no weapons/armor). The results are as follows (the number in parentheses is kill/death ratio, rounded to nearest 1/2):

God Tier (50 kills, 0 deaths):

Rahkshi of Hunger (infinite)

Rahkshi of Chameleon (infinite)

Super Tier (50 kills, 1-14 deaths):

Toa of Iron (12.5)

Toa of Water (10)

Rahkshi of Chain Lightning (8)

Toa of Plasma (7)

Toa of Air (5)

Toa of Stone (5)

Rahkshi of Fragmentation (4.5)

Rahkshi of Gravity (4.5)

Toa of Lightning (4)

Rahkshi of Plasma (4)

Toa of Light (4)

Good Tier (50 kills, 15+ deaths):

Toa of Shadow (3)

Toa of Earth (3)

Toa of Gravity (2.5)

Toa of Ice (2)

Rahkshi of Magnetism (2)

Toa of Fire (2)

Toa of Magnetism (1.5)

Rahkshi of Disintegration (1.5)

Rahkshi of Poison (1.5)

Toa of Sonics (1.5)

Rahkshi of Fear (1.5)

Rahkshi of Quick Healing (1)

Bad Tier (50 deaths, 25+ kills):

Rahkshi of Laser Vision (1)

Joke Tier (50 deaths, <25 kills):

Rahkshi of Teleportation (0.5)

It looks like Teleportation, Laser Vision, Quick Healing, and Fear could use some buffing (or maybe I just don't know how to play these powers well), while Iron and Water seem somewhat overpowered. The difference between tiers does seem quite noticeable, but eliminating those few outliers will probably help. Rahkshi of Hunger and Chameleon are also way out there, but Chameleon only because AI doesn't know how to deal with invisible opponents. It also may just be that the AI is horribly incompetent against Hunger as well, but the fact that I was able to get 100 kills without a single death shows that Hunger might end up overpowered in multiplayer as well.

I think rahkshi and toa should be in different lists as rahkshi get boosts in certain abilities

Okay, so I decided to sit down and work out a tier list for the game. I played each Toa element/Rahkshi power which has at least one of their two primary attacks working to either 50 kills or 50 deaths (whichever came first) on Mangaia. Rahkshi had 10 in each of their 2 primary stats for their power and 5 in each of the others (and no items). Toa had 9 Element, 9 Mind, 5 everything else, and a Kanohi Hau (no weapons/armor). The results are as follows (the number in parentheses is kill/death ratio, rounded to nearest 1/2):

Toa of Iron (12.5)

Toa of Water (10)

Toa of Plasma (7)

Toa of Air (5)

Toa of Stone (5)

Rahkshi of Gravity (4.5)

Toa of Lightning (4)

Rahkshi of Plasma (4)

Toa of Light (4)

Toa of Shadow (3)

Toa of Earth (3)

Toa of Gravity (2.5)

Toa of Ice (2)

Rahkshi of Magnetism (2)

Toa of Fire (2)

Toa of Magnetism (1.5)

Rahkshi of Poison (1.5)

Toa of Sonics (1.5)

Rahkshi of Fear (1.5)

It looks like Teleportation, Laser Vision, Quick Healing, and Fear could use some buffing (or maybe I just don't know how to play these powers well), while Iron and Water seem somewhat overpowered. The difference between tiers does seem quite noticeable, but eliminating those few outliers will probably help. Rahkshi of Hunger and Chameleon are also way out there, but Chameleon only because AI doesn't know how to deal with invisible opponents. It also may just be that the AI is horribly incompetent against Hunger as well, but the fact that I was able to get 100 kills without a single death shows that Hunger might end up overpowered in multiplayer as well.

I think rahkshi and toa should be in different lists as rahkshi get boosts in certain abilities

The list is outdated anyways. I would try to revisit it myself, if it weren't for all the issues in Win 8.

Edited by Makuta Malignus

bBhcfWO.png

Toa of Iron (12.5)

Toa of Water (10)

Toa of Plasma (7)

Toa of Air (5)

Toa of Stone (5)

Rahkshi of Gravity (4.5)

Toa of Lightning (4)

Rahkshi of Plasma (4)

Toa of Light (4)

Toa of Shadow (3)

Toa of Earth (3)

Toa of Gravity (2.5)

Toa of Ice (2)

Rahkshi of Magnetism (2)

Toa of Fire (2)

Toa of Magnetism (1.5)

Rahkshi of Poison (1.5)

Toa of Sonics (1.5)

Rahkshi of Fear (1.5)

The list is outdated anyways. I would try to revisit it myself, if it weren't for all the issues in Win 8.

wow I remember seeing that list the first time i checked out this forum! it was on the same page as my first post here i think.

I've been thinking about redoing this for a while now, but I kinda want to wait for the next version.

20795.jpg

There's not much point in making a new list right now, as little has changed in the way of power balance. I just nerfed the primary iron power a bit (the damage was way past what it was intended to be) but the new saw blade secondary makes the power feel nicely balanced at the moment. Magnetic waves can now push away iron attacks properly. Don't try to use the magnet grab on a Toa of Iron, though. While you can still steal their weapon, it's a bit risky. If they happen to throw a saw blade you will grab that instead. :P

I touched up the Psionic Shield today, which keeps players and solid attacks away from you. Note that: Only solids! They are slowed down and pushed away, but they can still hurt you if you jump into them. Energy blasts pass straight through the field and can not be deflected.

I found a bug: when the rahkshi bosses are spawned in kini-nui no other bot spawns until 3 rahkshi are left

Ah, that one. I've been testing a bit, and I am wondering if I should fix it or not. The Rahkshi are after all 6 bots of their own, and the AI can be quite heavy to run. At the same time, the fight is more difficult without other bots to distract them.

will this ever be available as an app for android or ios?

No. Although the latest version of the program I use can export to Android if I buy a license for it, the game itself is simply not suited for mobile devices. Not only is it far too heavy to run in its current state compared to most mobile games, it would also require me to reduce the control scheme to maybe one or two touchscreen buttons. I've been thinking of making the controls use less keys, but there's no way I can get it down to what's essentially a NES gamepad. :P

Plus, BIONICLE is the copyright of LEGO. Placing an app on Android and/or iOS would likely violate the terms of use of app stores, distribution, etc. Most fan-games of any series are actually lucky not to get shut down by angry copyright lawyers already. :P

I found a bug: when the rahkshi bosses are spawned in kini-nui no other bot spawns until 3 rahkshi are left

Ah, that one. I've been testing a bit, and I am wondering if I should fix it or not. The Rahkshi are after all 6 bots of their own, and the AI can be quite heavy to run. At the same time, the fight is more difficult without other bots to distract them.

will this ever be available as an app for android or ios?

No. Although the latest version of the program I use can export to Android if I buy a license for it, the game itself is simply not suited for mobile devices. Not only is it far too heavy to run in its current state compared to most mobile games, it would also require me to reduce the control scheme to maybe one or two touchscreen buttons. I've been thinking of making the controls use less keys, but there's no way I can get it down to what's essentially a NES gamepad. :P

Plus, BIONICLE is the copyright of LEGO. Placing an app on Android and/or iOS would likely violate the terms of use of app stores, distribution, etc. Most fan-games of any series are actually lucky not to get shut down by angry copyright lawyers already. :P

Well yes to good point but its not always a win for them as say lego said you aren't licesed to do this stop and sue you it would give them bad rep for taking down a guy who has been working on this video game for 3 years and you don't charge cash it would give lego bad rep but if you put it for andriod ios yeah no luck there but i like what you've done so far keep it up dude.

-Tahukan

:voyanui:

Well yes to good point but its not always a win for them as say lego said you aren't licesed to do this stop and sue you it would give them bad rep for taking down a guy who has been working on this video game for 3 years and you don't charge cash it would give lego bad rep but if you put it for andriod ios yeah no luck there but i like what you've done so far keep it up dude.

-Tahukan

Of course. :) LEGO doesn't seem like the kind of company to take action unless I actually try to sell a product with one of their copyrights on it. Since I am making a freeware fan game, it's essentially just free advertisement of sorts. It should be noted, though, that such things as remakes of an existing game can easily be shut down, as it happened with a 3D remake of Chrono Trigger that was well in the works when Square-Enix sent a cease-and-desist letter to the programmers. Nintendo also had to shut down a Legend of Zelda movie that got a bit too big and serious. Neither company does anything about small-scale fan projects.

But yeah, my game project here will of course keep going. ;)

Niether company does anything abot small fan projects? There was a scuffle around the time of the black and white release where Nintendo went and forced pokemon apps off of the android and apple market. Most of them where free or negligable cost. And the developer that made the pokedex app I liked went and removed the price on the premium version and they still created an issue.

Fortunately I haven't known Lego to pull stuff like that. But that particular issue made me delay getting a 3DS and pretty much killed my interest in the cards.

Wow. That was longer than I expected... I just thought it would be a short rant...

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Niether company does anything abot small fan projects? There was a scuffle around the time of the black and white release where Nintendo went and forced pokemon apps off of the android and apple market. Most of them where free or negligable cost. And the developer that made the pokedex app I liked went and removed the price on the premium version and they still created an issue.

As said, the app store market is an entirely different beast than some random internet forum.

Bug testing: After turning off the particles and sound effects for the fireball, I found that the game would no longer crash instantly on Windows 8 when the Exo-Pyro uses several of them at once. However, a player getting hit directly by multiple fireballs at the same time still caused a crash. I will have to do some more testing with particles on/off and sound on/off, to see which aspect of the fireball causes the overload. I have also tested the lightning balls a bit more, and it seems that they will work fine on their own, but when normal Lightning is fired at the same time the game crashes. Again, this may have to do with particles or the sound; I am not sure which. At least it doesn't crash on pre-Win8 versions, so there's likely just some issue between older GameMaker versions and newer Windows versions that I can try to circumvent.

ctf_flag_animated.gif

Sprite news: I've made some small flag sprites to be used in CTF mode, and maybe just as background elements in a future Ko-Wahi map. I have also put together some scythe versions for those who like that weapon style; you'll be seeing them along with everything else in the new engine. Still trying to work up the drive to ready the coordinate arrays for player limbs etc. so I can actually start programming the thing. :P

Hey, just like to drop in here. You can make things like fan made apps on the android store, but the HAVE to be free.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Dropping in on the whole fan-made game IP discussion:

Companies like LEGO aren't only concerned about people making money off of their IP. Fangames can also get in trouble because companies want to protect the reputation of their brand. Even if it's painfully clear that LEGO is not responsible for the content of a game, they can still make the case - and win in court - that a game misuses the BIONICLE brand. Maybe it's too violent, or maybe it lacks the standard of quality to which LEGO holds their video games.

Branding is a very complex psychological, legal, and political subject, but the fact is that any fan game not controlled by the company that owns the brand has the potential to damage the brand and can be legally shut down.

Fortunately, LEGO is a very lenient and reasonable company that realizes how ubiquitous and inspirational their brand is, and they rarely shut down fan games. But Google and Apple don't know that for sure, and they (especially Apple) would usually rather get the game off of their servers than have the slightest chance of facing a lawsuit in the future.

That, and there's absolutely no way Bionicle Fighter would work on a touch screen.

IrMSNn3.png

Bug testing: After turning off the particles and sound effects for the fireball, I found that the game would no longer crash instantly on Windows 8 when the Exo-Pyro uses several of them at once. However, a player getting hit directly by multiple fireballs at the same time still caused a crash. I will have to do some more testing with particles on/off and sound on/off, to see which aspect of the fireball causes the overload. I have also tested the lightning balls a bit more, and it seems that they will work fine on their own, but when normal Lightning is fired at the same time the game crashes. Again, this may have to do with particles or the sound; I am not sure which. At least it doesn't crash on pre-Win8 versions, so there's likely just some issue between older GameMaker versions and newer Windows versions that I can try to circumvent.

ctf_flag_animated.gif

Sprite news: I've made some small flag sprites to be used in CTF mode, and maybe just as background elements in a future Ko-Wahi map. I have also put together some scythe versions for those who like that weapon style; you'll be seeing them along with everything else in the new engine. Still trying to work up the drive to ready the coordinate arrays for player limbs etc. so I can actually start programming the thing. :P

I think the flag part should be a bit bigger or at least longer

Me too, I'm just awful at actually carrying out priorities in practice. :lol:

I already got some code in my head for how to implement each game mode, I just haven't written it out. I'll see if I can't sneak in something simple like Territorial Control in the next update. Then again, I still need to make the AI actually go for the objectives. They currently don't care about anything except killing enemies, so that's gonna be a party. :/

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the armor stuff for a while. I've got a lot of other projects I'm working on now, plus school and all that. I'll try to do them once all that other stuff is finished.

I completely understand. I have the same issue on this end, pretty much, and since I have to use my old laptop for BF programming ATM that makes me work only now and then.

EDIT: Oh, and digging up some old shames from my sprite folders.

gali_caramell2.gif

As they say: "lolz"

FOR MATA-NUI'S SAKE GET RID OF THAT THING

Branding is a very complex psychological, legal, and political subject, but the fact is that any fan game not controlled by the company that owns the brand has the potential to damage the brand and can be legally shut down.

Indeed. Maybe if I remake this into Metru Nui Chainsaw Massacre I can get an official cease-and-desist letter too. :lol:

If you stop using Comic Sans, maybe I will. ;D

Comic Sans MS is so unproffesional

My seventh grade science teacher had a poster with a picture of a terrorist saying "ban Comic Sans"

Well my seventh grade science teacher set a table on fire >:3

On purpose. It was fun.

• Upvote 1

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

MEANWHILE, back at the topic:

I really look forward to seeing the drifts as a playable map, but I think the game should have a separate map for ko-koro. Perhaps even the North March as another. We could generate a list of locales to be used as maps.

I think the flag works fine for The Drifts, but could be changed a bit for CTF play. However, perhaps it could rotated slightly for The Drifts, and left vertical for CTF.

bBhcfWO.png

MEANWHILE, back at the topic:

I really look forward to seeing the drifts as a playable map, but I think the game should have a separate map for ko-koro. Perhaps even the North March as another. We could generate a list of locales to be used as maps.

I'd like to see the different Metrus put in there. We could use central locations of each Metru; Archives, Moto-Hub, etc.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I had a list of map ideas in my documents, but I appear to have misplaced them sometime around the time when my external drive died on me. I probably have them stored on my old laptop; but for now the ones I remember are Ga-Koro, Ko-Wahi (Ko-Koro plus an open Drifts area), The Pit and the joint Mangaia/Kini-Nui map. I have received sketches for some map ideas, so they are being worked on. Speaking of which, I should finish that poll I mentioned a few months ago, to see what people want added.

I think the flag works fine for The Drifts, but could be changed a bit for CTF play. However, perhaps it could rotated slightly for The Drifts, and left vertical for CTF.

Yeah, it's just a quick sprite. I might even animate flags with code, if it doesn't get too taxing.

I'd like to see the different Metrus put in there. We could use central locations of each Metru; Archives, Moto-Hub, etc.

The Reclamation Yard is a WIP, though I am not the one making that map myself. I've thought of having chutes on a map; could make for some interesting mechanics. The Archives would be a more well-lit and high-tech Onu-Koro... which I am fine with. I could justify putting just about anything down there too, given the amount of stuff the Matoran are storing.

Sounds good. I would also like to see other places like the Pit in there. Possibly also one of the glatorian arenas.

I'll probably not be drawing anything from the Bara Magna setting beyond a few weapon sprites. We already have deserts, jungles, arenas etc. on Aqua Magna.
  • Upvote 1

Sounds good. I would also like to see other places like the Pit in there. Possibly also one of the glatorian arenas.

I'll probably not be drawing anything from the Bara Magna setting beyond a few weapon sprites. We already have deserts, jungles, arenas etc. on Aqua Magna.

I've thought about this before, and I thought that maybe when Bionicle Fighter is finished, you could make a "Bionicle FIghter 2: Glatorian Showdown" or something like that. You could choose your Glatorian's body type, tribe, armor, weapons, helmet, etc. It would be cool!

20795.jpg

[...] when Bionicle Fighter is finished, you could make a "Bionicle FIghter 2: Glatorian Showdown" [...]

I think that when BIONICLE Fighter is finished, I will be so ready to move on to a different project that you have no idea. :P

Yeah that would make since although maybe not glatorian showdown but a better unoffical Maze Of Shadows that would be great!

:voyanui:

[...] when Bionicle Fighter is finished, you could make a "Bionicle FIghter 2: Glatorian Showdown" [...]

I think that when BIONICLE Fighter is finished, I will be so ready to move on to a different project that you have no idea. :P

Yeah that would make since although maybe not glatorian showdown but a better unoffical Maze Of Shadows that would be great!

We'd have to do a complete update of the RayG kit if that's ever going to be done. Only a few Glatorian have been released in RayG form to date.

20795.jpg

Comic Sans MS is so unproffesional

My seventh grade science teacher had a poster with a picture of a terrorist saying "ban Comic Sans"

God what the heck is it with comic sans did your girl friend leave you with that font !?!?!?!?

Edited by Toa Aeron

God what the heck is it with comic sans did your girl friend leave you with that font !?!?!?!?

Comic Sans is universally despised by tons of people, actually, although I personally don't know why.

It's a lazy font that works for comics and pretty much nothing else. It's not particularly readable, it's not particularly elegant, and it's not particularly "funny". It's just... Comic Sans. That, and so many people have used it in a vain attempt to make their school paper headlines "pretty" that pretty much everyone agrees it's an overused font that doesn't really have any useful application... except in comic speech bubbles, which it was designed for.

The right tool for the right job, as they say. For the same reason that we don't write papers in "handwriting" fonts, we also usually don't write discussion posts in comic fonts. (Or with colors that blend into the background, or with constant bold/italics/underline, or with fonts that change mid-sentence, etc).

Speaking of the right tool for the right job (and actually getting back on topic), I've found that the built-in direction and speed variables are not the best way to program a Dodge power. They are, however, a good way of quick-patching a tremendously bad Dodge script I made two years ago, which only "worked" if you squinted extra hard at it. So now we have Rahkshi that kinda gravitate away from enemies they are "dodging", and it looks somewhat bad. Still, it's better than not working at all. Proper dodging won't be done in this engine.

I'll be fixing the Quake Breaker a bit. I'm thinking of just giving it an ammo count which drains quickly but refills relatively quickly too. Maybe it will force you to use it for a second or two, making it a very powerful weapon but also slow to stop using if you miss and would rather like to dodge.

Edited by Katuko