• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

multiplayer platform fighting

• Please log in to reply
2097 replies to this topic

#2081 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 831 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 12:52 PM

But Mangaia already has a boss. Onu-koro, on the other hand, does not. The next boss is something in Onu-koro. Considering that the great mine is flooded. there is a good chance that the next boss occurs during the bohrok attack.

Considering this quote:

I originally had Bohrok on my list of playable species, way back when I first started this project. I found them too similar to Toa in powers, though, and more limited otherwise. I'm planning to include them as NPC enemies.

The next boss is a swarm of Gahlok.

Wasn't the mine still flooded during the Bohrok Kal storyline? The boss could be one of the Kal.

Good point. The boss is Lehvak Kal.

--:k::u::a::n:

kuanidcard.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome.

#2082 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,149 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 02:48 PM

I really don't think this game's gonna concern itself too much with following canon =P

#2083 Offline Flamewing Studios

Flamewing Studios
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 217 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 04:13 PM

But Mangaia already has a boss. Onu-koro, on the other hand, does not. The next boss is something in Onu-koro. Considering that the great mine is flooded. there is a good chance that the next boss occurs during the bohrok attack.

Considering this quote:

I originally had Bohrok on my list of playable species, way back when I first started this project. I found them too similar to Toa in powers, though, and more limited otherwise. I'm planning to include them as NPC enemies.

Wasn't the mine still flooded during the Bohrok Kal storyline? The boss could be one of the Kal.

Why Lehvak?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

"Most quotes on the Internet are not genuine."

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to go by Arzaki.

The Sky's Scar

#2084 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 409 posts

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 04:14 PM

You know, playing as a Bohrok would be really fun... if you do decide to use it, you can give the option of taking control over an AI character by throwing a krana at it and using it as a new body for a period of time, or until you die. Then you get a new krana when you "respawn" and it starts over... that'd be really interesting if it could work.

"I am Iron Man"

:i:  :a: :m:  :i: :r: :m_o: :n:  :m: :a: :n:

bannerbzp_by_tattorack-d7ht9tk.jpg

#2085 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Members

• 831 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 04:19 PM

Considering this quote:

Why Lehvak?

He is the one who stole Onua's Nuva symbol.

kuanidcard.png

OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome.

#2086 Offline Flamewing Studios

Flamewing Studios
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 217 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 07:54 PM

Considering this quote:

Why Lehvak?

Oh. Makes sense.

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to go by Arzaki.

The Sky's Scar

#2087 Offline Toa Aeron

Toa Aeron
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 49 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2014 - 05:10 PM

Considering this quote:

Why Lehvak?

How do you know?

" Blue armor, nasty spikes, weapons in both hands. I saw him make a rock explode just by glancing at it. !!! "

" Sounds like someone we should talk to.  B-) "

-Toa Inika Nuparu and Jaller, Power Play

#2088 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Members

• 831 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2014 - 05:18 PM

Because BS01

kuanidcard.png

#2089 Offline Flamewing Studios

Flamewing Studios
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 217 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2014 - 05:23 PM

Because BS01

The book Makuta's Revenge also hints toward Lehvak Kal stealing Onua's symbol.

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to go by Arzaki.

The Sky's Scar

#2090 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Members

• 831 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2014 - 05:40 PM

Because BS01

The book Makuta's Revenge also hints toward Lehvak Kal stealing Onua's symbol.

Been a while since I read that, but yeah.

Edited by Kuan, Jul 18 2014 - 05:41 PM.

kuanidcard.png

#2091 Offline JacobLazer

JacobLazer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 146 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2014 - 08:15 PM

Or possibly all of them, like the Kini Nui map

gallery_110974_2_12553.png

#2092 Offline lddkid

lddkid
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 1 posts

Posted Jul 18 2014 - 10:53 PM

Color system works like this: Each sprite is split into parts, which are colored white. A few variables hold the relevant color values, and the full sprite is then drawn in a "stack", the parts blended with color. Changing the color is a simple as changing the variable, though here is the problem: The function for getting a color from the screen easily causes lag.I was, however, planning on making a proper "cloak" effect, where the sprite is only visible as a distorted silhouette of the background. The problem with this is that the sprite is split into parts, so either I must apply the cloak effect several times (lag!) or I must compile the sprite into a silhouette before making the distortion, like I do with the death effects (lag!). So that's why there's no proper cloaking yet.EDIT: Wouldn't disguising as a random Rahkshi essentially be just the color shift? People are gonna kill you just as hard regardless of who you look like. Chameleon is meant to avoid being seen at all. I was thinking that Shapeshifting already has the "disguise" ability incorporated anyways.

How about you make the rahkshi become a black outline with 35% transparency and nothing inside the outline? Then the background would be your color. This could make bots not see you at all and in multiplayer (after you make it) other players would have a little trouble seeing you, but you would not be invisible.

#2093 Offline TheSkakdiChronicler

TheSkakdiChronicler
  • Referred Members
  • Inhabitant

• 4 posts

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 06:53 AM

This is AWESOME!!!! I can't wait for multiplayer! Keep up the good work!! :D  For other users, I highly suggest it! :nodlaugh:

#2094 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Members

• 831 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 09:41 AM

Considering this quote:

Just so you guys know, I lied. the next boss is the Barraki in the under water world.

kuanidcard.png

#2095 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,135 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 03:08 PM

The next boss is not a Bohrok. There would be good reason to place Bohrok in Onu-Koro in the future, however.

You know, playing as a Bohrok would be really fun... if you do decide to use it, you can give the option of taking control over an AI character by throwing a krana at it and using it as a new body for a period of time, or until you die. Then you get a new krana when you "respawn" and it starts over... that'd be really interesting if it could work.

An idea that was considered but ultimately trashed along with Bohrok as a playable species altogether. Mind control in general brings up the issue of taking away player control, which gets awkward when you try to decide whether to force the controlled player to sit quietly and watch for a long time, or be allowed to respawn and essentially fight a clone of themselves.

Or possibly all of them, like the Kini Nui map

"Wake one, and you wake them all."

cloak

How about you make the rahkshi become a black outline with 35% transparency and nothing inside the outline? Then the background would be your color. This could make bots not see you at all and in multiplayer (after you make it) other players would have a little trouble seeing you, but you would not be invisible.

I've already made Chameleon partly transparent. What I was referring to back then was more the shimmering distortion effect that often follows cloaking in fiction. I also hope to update the bots to use slightly more realistic AI, but that's a different topic. :)

Regarding the boss, guys, I dunno why I even bother to "tease" it. It was revealed years ago. :P

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated February 2014: Added new attacks for Toa of Iron, Plant Life and Psionics!
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#2096 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Members

• 831 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 03:23 PM

Considering this quote:

Just so you guys know, I lied. the next boss is the Barraki in the under water world.

I lied the next boss is Makuta.

kuanidcard.png

#2097 Offline TheSkakdiChronicler

TheSkakdiChronicler
  • Referred Members
  • Inhabitant

• 4 posts

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 04:13 PM

This is Awesome!!! PLease Implement Multi player Soon! :happydance:

#2098 Offline JacobLazer

JacobLazer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 146 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 22 2014 - 11:08 AM

This is Awesome!!! PLease Implement Multi player Soon! :happydance:

I'm looking forward to the new engine more.  now THAT is gonna be awesome!

Edited by JacobLazer, Jul 22 2014 - 11:09 AM.

gallery_110974_2_12553.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users