Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Also, I made some new stuff!

That looks pretty spiffy, JacobLazer, but we'll see what I end up putting in-game. Shields kinda need rotated angles, and the staff is very big (and also pretty much a flipped version of the Staff of Light). You can put almost any blade on a stick, but don't make them so wide that they become axes. :P I've loaded some of your previous sprites into the new engine under the batch of custom swords, though. There's gonna be plenty of room for sleeker weapons.

I'm sure you have been asked this question hundreds of times but... are you close to adding multiplayer yet? Or is that still in the works?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Far enough off that I should probably not have put it in the title in the first place. That's not to say that it won't be coming at some point, but with all the other bugs and glitches and errors I'd prefer to have a functional game before I put a complex online connection system into it.

• Upvote 3

A little suggestion: Could you add rolling to the game, like in Oxeye Studio's game Cobalt? (Check out a video and know what I mean :P ) It would make ranged weapons less OP

I considered adding a combat roll for dodging, but if it gets added it will only be available for certain character loadouts (such as the Kanohi Calix). I am basing my system around the ability to block instead, which has unfortunately not been added yet due to animation issues. I am making progress on a new game engine which will have blocking and new melee animations in it, though, so hopefully it won't be too long before things get a bit more even for melee fighters.

Speaking of ranged weapons... Denevol is very good at sprites. He made some weapons I was missing in large format, which I then shrunk down to produce the following:

avak_seismicpickaxe_v2.pnghakann_lavalauncher.png

Now all the Piraka have their tools in sprite form.

I'm currently making sure that the new engine can handle different sets of sprites, so that I can easily let you choose between Mata/Metru/Inika style for your Toa's body. Incidentally it also makes it easy to stuff Rahkshi, Skakdi and Vortixx graphics onto the exact same base character without having to duplicate code. It's a hassle to recolor the sprites to have the same base colors, but that was already an issue with the current engine, so I can't complain. Once I'm done it will be much easier to color-shift any part of the sprites, giving you the wonderful option of having (for example) two-toned masks.

EDIT: I've also tried narrowing down the exact issue with Makuta, where he freezes up and stops attacking. I already know that he uses the Shadow Hand way too often - it's supposed to be a finisher for targets with low health - but it's hard to find the exact lines where it bugs out. give me some more time on this and I'll hopefully have it fixed and ready for a new release. I am aiming for a release this weekend, as the next few weeks are (or at least, should be) filled with exam preparations, followed by the holidays.

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 5

I'm a bit late, but I saw you where concerned about lack of interest, and I just want to let you know that I am still very interested. I just haven't been keeping a close eye lately. But I've downloaded every version as soon as I knew about it, which is usually pretty quickly, there tends to be a noticeably higher amount of notifications when an update drops.

• Upvote 3

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Is this PC (windows) exclusive or is there a version for Mac? If not, will there be a port for mac?

Developing for Mac requires me to both own a Mac and pay a developer license fee, so this game will stay Windows-only for the foreseeable future. I would need to finish my new engine before I can even think about exporting to Mac anyways, as the program I'm using did not support exporting to other platforms until a more recent version.

Please help me, I love the game but I don't understand how use the emanate power  ^^

Then I have questions :

-why the kadin isn't usable yet ? we can fly with miru and rakshis :)

-Do you provide to make the Vahi and the Ignika,the missing toa's masks and weapons ?

-Can I help for anithing ?

Please answer me I really love this game :)

(sorry for the English I'm not English)

Please help me, I love the game but I don't understand how use the emanate power  ^^

Then I have questions :

-Do you provide to make the Vahi and the Ignika,the missing toa's masks and weapons ?

-Can I help for anithing ?

Please answer me I really love this game :)

(sorry for the English I'm not English)

To use the emanate power, Press 'R' and '↓' at the same time.

The Kadin isn't usable yet because it is intended to be a slightly different mechanic than the Miru, and rahkshi flight is also being changed.

I do not think Katuko intends to make those masks because they would conflict with the game.

If you wish to help with the game, here's a link to what you can do to help.

bBhcfWO.png

To go slightly more in-depth: I tried to add a better mechanic for the Kadin, but messed it up. I considered making the Kadin use the standard flight script which is used by other things, but didn't for some reason.

These masks have extreme power in the story, though I did sketch out a weaker time-slow effect for the Vahi. The only problem is that slowing time means that I have to program the entire game to work with that mechanic, and that could add a lot of unnecessary lag for a power that would not even be used all the time.

The Mask of Life is iconic, but is planned mostly as an objective for maps based on Voya Nui. That is: I don't think it will be freely available to everyone.

sorry it's a french word ^^' a new version...

Ah, I see. Well, due to the way GM works, you sadly have to come back here and download a new version entirely each time I post an update. This is also one of the reasons why you get updates so rarely: It's a hassle for both me and you, and I therefore try to make the updates big and "worth it".

Well I think you shouldn't be able to move when using the miru (cuz that's how it works in the story) it should just make you hover.

It's actually getting rebalanced in the new engine, so we get something like this (keep in mind that Kanohi are getting their own separate energy bar):

Miru (Levitation): While active, the effect of gravity is decreased while going up, and nullified entirely when going down or sideways. This will allow you to jump much higher, glide long distances, and hover almost indefinitely. The mask consumes energy rather slowly. Toa of Air and Toa of Gravity may give themselves some speed while in the air simply by using the movement keys - this drains some elemental energy. When the mask energy runs out, the power shuts off and you drop, though it will still manage to slow your fall enough to avoid you hurting yourself. Toa of Gravity have Levitation as their passive ability, mapped to the Jump key for activation. Their version drains elemental energy instead of mask energy. If the Miru is also active, the mask is prioritized, saving you the elemental energy.

Rahkshi do not use Kanohi, so their special energy bar will instead work for Flight. When Flight is activated, you begin hovering. In this mode you do not touch the ground, and you have increased max speed. You can move quickly sideways, and float upwards at decent speed. In this mode you can not block, and not all of your attacks/abilities may be available. Still, it offers a huge range of movement, and switching between walking and flying modes should be quick. Just get close to the ground before you switch away, you no longer have basic levitation to avoid fall damage. When they run out of energy for flight, Rahkshi revert to using no-power Levitation instead: They drop slowly to the ground, unable to gain altitude.

The Kadin has full-powered flight. You will shoot off at great speed in almost any direction... but you will be completely unable to stop without switching the mask off. It also has a higher energy consumption than the Mask of Levitation. The Kadin does not prevent fall damage. If you wish to land, you will need to run close to the ground first so that the fall won't be so great.

sorry it's a french word ^^' a new version...

Ah, I see. Well, due to the way GM works, you sadly have to come back here and download a new version entirely each time I post an update. This is also one of the reasons why you get updates so rarely: It's a hassle for both me and you, and I therefore try to make the updates big and "worth it".

Well I think you shouldn't be able to move when using the miru (cuz that's how it works in the story) it should just make you hover.

It's actually getting rebalanced in the new engine, so we get something like this (keep in mind that Kanohi are getting their own separate energy bar):

Miru (Levitation): While active, the effect of gravity is decreased while going up, and nullified entirely when going down or sideways. This will allow you to jump much higher, glide long distances, and hover almost indefinitely. The mask consumes energy rather slowly. Toa of Air and Toa of Gravity may give themselves some speed while in the air simply by using the movement keys - this drains some elemental energy. When the mask energy runs out, the power shuts off and you drop, though it will still manage to slow your fall enough to avoid you hurting yourself. Toa of Gravity have Levitation as their passive ability, mapped to the Jump key for activation. Their version drains elemental energy instead of mask energy. If the Miru is also active, the mask is prioritized, saving you the elemental energy.

Rahkshi do not use Kanohi, so their special energy bar will instead work for Flight. When Flight is activated, you begin hovering. In this mode you do not touch the ground, and you have increased max speed. You can move quickly sideways, and float upwards at decent speed. In this mode you can not block, and not all of your attacks/abilities may be available. Still, it offers a huge range of movement, and switching between walking and flying modes should be quick. Just get close to the ground before you switch away, you no longer have basic levitation to avoid fall damage. When they run out of energy for flight, Rahkshi revert to using no-power Levitation instead: They drop slowly to the ground, unable to gain altitude.

The Kadin has full-powered flight. You will shoot off at great speed in almost any direction... but you will be completely unable to stop without switching the mask off. It also has a higher energy consumption than the Mask of Levitation. The Kadin does not prevent fall damage. If you wish to land, you will need to run close to the ground first so that the fall won't be so great.

Seems cool ^_^

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

I've just tried out the fixed Mangaia and Kini-Nui maps, and I must say, Makuta and the Mata are some really good bosses. A few things to say though: Firstly, the Mata and the boss Rahkshi have a tendency to get stuck at the edge of the Kini-Nui map. (It's boring just slaughtering a maskless, weaponless Kopaka whilst he's stuck) Secondly, I think you should either tone down or remove Makuta's disintegration beams; I lost a whole kit (Kanohi, Weapon, Shield, Armour) whilst fighting him because of his disintegration beams. But other than that, great update, and great game! :D

VBWj75sh.png

Bugs:

*Buttons in the menu are out of place, so you need to click somewhere below them for them to work. 'Save Character' and 'Load Character' do not work at all. 

*Very often the movements get delayed and you have to hold the move buttons for about 1 second before they work. It also greatly decreases your jump height.

*Getting stuck in corners unable to move. 

*When the game is launched it gives your computer enormous lag and making you almost unable to do anything during the long period of time the game takes to start up. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Bugs:

*Buttons in the menu are out of place, so you need to click somewhere below them for them to work. 'Save Character' and 'Load Character' do not work at all. 

*Very often the movements get delayed and you have to hold the move buttons for about 1 second before they work. It also greatly decreases your jump height.

*When the game is launched it gives your computer enormous lag and making you almost unable to do anything during the long period of time the game takes to start up. 

What OS are you running? I have not encountered any of these issues.

bBhcfWO.png

Bugs:

What OS are you running? I have not encountered any of these issues.

Windows 7.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

YAY YO YO PIRAKA!

There, fixed that for you.

That quote is past its expiration date...

On another note, I guess that the "windows 8 bugfix" option is no longer relevant since the issue is related to the game trying to play too many sounds at once. Be awesome if Windows PC's had any actual backwards compatibility at all

bBhcfWO.png

On another note, I guess that the "windows 8 bugfix" option is no longer relevant since the issue is related to the game trying to play too many sounds at once. Be awesome if Windows PC's had any actual backwards compatibility at all

Actually, I have changed the code related to that button. It no longer shuts off the problematic attacks, it just mutes their most frequent sound effects. It appears to have solved most issues on my PC, at least for now.

I haven't tried running the EXE in compatibility mode.

Edited by Katuko

Fixed what? I said what I meant to say...  :???:

He's joking about the old Piraka commercials, where they had a silly "YO YO PIRAKA" rap in the background. ;)

Silly? You mean amazingly awesome. Admit it, you know the Piraka rap is the best song ever written and was too good to earn any awards.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Fixed what? I said what I meant to say...  :???:

He's joking about the old Piraka commercials, where they had a silly "YO YO PIRAKA" rap in the background. ;)

Silly? You mean amazingly awesome. Admit it, you know the Piraka rap is the best song ever written and was too good to earn any awards.

Eminem got his inspiration from the Piraka Rap.

• Upvote 1

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Wha..? I specifically tested group hits, even. With ignition sound on it crashed, with ignition sound off it never did. I just realized that the boss attack causes multiple explosions at once, though, and I forgot to disable those sounds. Sorry about that. :/