Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

I'l just do what I've been doing until the next update.and by the way, good progress( i started at the first uploaded version.) :bzp :smiletahnokkal:

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

New update: As good as done. I wanted to make a Makuta boss for this one, or fix the ice slope physics, but screw it. You can have what I've made so far, and then I'll try to be quick about fixing the rough parts.Upcoming changes and additions:- Bots can now use the Kanohi Huna, Kakama, Pakari, Kiril, Jutlin and Avsa.- Reduced Fireball damage.- Flamethrower no longer penetrates targets.- Added new ice map: Frozen Base.- Fixed the "swimming" state triggering in too shallow water.- Settings (sound and controls) are now automatically saved and loaded.- Added Rahkshi of Gravity primary ability: Gravity Slam, which weighs the target down.- Added Rahkshi of Gravity secondary ability: Black Hole, which pulls in players and objects.- Added Toa of Stone secondary ability: Fracture, which causes stone spikes to jut out in sequence where the attack strikes.EDIT: Download is now up.

Edited by Katuko

Woah! Must download! Full review... Soon.Partial Review:Well, I must say I still like the (now weaker) fire element. Fear is handy and can be good against meleers, but can be easily dispatched by a good elemental attack. I can't wait for armor/shield spriting.

Edited by Nujanii: Kanohi Master

Well, I must say I still like the (now weaker) fire element. Fear is handy and can be good against meleers, but can be easily dispatched by a good elemental attack. I can't wait for armor/shield spriting.

Ya, I tried making fire be not quite as ridiculously powerful while still keeping its functionality. I tried removing knockback from the fireball instead, but that didn't work too well. Fear is set to work against everything (possibly with something else than just full-on "can't do that" as well), but it'll have to wait a bit.

*looks at IE options, with box thats checked that says 'stop downloads from sites'*Darn. Need to fix that.

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer." :lol:Oh, and a sneak peak on something that's in the works:shadowhand_test.png"Get over here!" Edited by Katuko

Great job on 9.2 Katuko. Stone primary isn't really implemented the way I imagined, but it's quite cool. The black hole for Gravity Rahkshi is really neat.It seems the Kaukau doesn't work in this version though. And um, I don't think this is supposed to happen.

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer." :lol:

...Less than IE9, anyway. IE9 is actually a reasonable browser, and IE10 is gonna give Chrome and Firefox a run for their money...

Oh, and a sneak peak on something that's in the works:shadowhand_test.png"Get over here!"

Z. O. M. G.This is gonna be good. Edited by alpha123

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

I used the new Rahkshi of Gravity and I must say one thing: awesome. Using it with the ice gun makes it even awesomer.

Ice gun? Now there is a combo I haven't tested.

The Toa of Gravity looks sort of weak compared to it.

Expect some tweaks to Toa of Gravity in the future.

Great job on 9.2 Katuko. Stone primary isn't really implemented the way I imagined, but it's quite cool. The black hole for Gravity Rahkshi is really neat.

It's not quite the way I imagined it either. :P Black hole is copy/pasted (both code and graphics) from another game of mine, but it works. :P

It seems the Kaukau doesn't work in this version though. And um, I don't think this is supposed to happen.

Kaukau doesn't work? Must have something to do with me tweaking the air mechanics. And yeah, the ice physics are ######. People will often slide straight up to some crazy place and then the lack of friction on ice makes them stuck for the few seconds it takes until another arrives. Then they stand within another and can't ever hit. This is why this update was delayed so much: I hate those physics but can't seem to fix them. In the end I decided to just give you a half-finished map, buggy map instead of nothing.

...Less than IE9, anyway. IE9 is actually a reasonable browser, and IE10 is gonna give Chrome and Firefox a run for their money...

My personal experience with even the newer IE versions have been nothing short of traumatic. I am too used to my delicious FF plugins to be able to switch now.

It seems the Kaukau doesn't work in this version though. And um, I don't think this is supposed to happen.

Kaukau doesn't work? Must have something to do with me tweaking the air mechanics. And yeah, the ice physics are ######. People will often slide straight up to some crazy place and then the lack of friction on ice makes them stuck for the few seconds it takes until another arrives. Then they stand within another and can't ever hit. This is why this update was delayed so much: I hate those physics but can't seem to fix them. In the end I decided to just give you a half-finished map, buggy map instead of nothing.
Same thing happens on in Mangaia (or at least did in 9.1, haven't tried 9.2). A bunch of people just stand in one spot at the edge of the map and punch.Ah well, it is an Alpha version after all.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Well, the problem lies in the AI. It is set to move towards the nearest target it can detect, and choose an attack depending on range. At close range, melee often kicks in ,and then keeps going until the target is out of range again (either by moving or by being dead so that another target is chosen). But then one runs or gets knocked into a wall, and another follows, leaving those two perpetually targeting each other with melee attacks that never hit.Mangaia and Ice Fort are the only two maps with pronounced walls you can get stuck in, and so you notice the issue a lot quicker there. Karda Nui and Ta-Koro usually ends with the character falling or going off-screen, as their walls are slanted with no ground beneath.

While I would want the game available to as many as possible, making it Mac-compatible would sadly require a full rewrite in the Mac version of Game Maker. (Or possibly, IIRC, using the Game Maker Studio version, but that's a bit expensive to get just for one game.) Since I have neither a Mac nor the time to make everything over again while also doing the Windows version, you'll have to use Windows for now; I'm sorry.Note that you could possibly run some sort of system environment emulator on either Mac or Linux in order to run Windows programs, but I can't say that I know how to do that.

Hi Katuko, i was wondering if this game has Mac support yet. I've wanted to play it for months now, and the last time i checked there was none.....

You could try running it under the Mac version of WINE. I haven't had success with the Linux version, but perhaps with a little tweaking you could get it to work.

Muffin button

You're running it on Mac or Linux then, Gravity? Or was it a Windows problem you were having?Ringoster: Emulation is often slow because you have to not just run the program, but also "translate" the foreign code into something your computer understands at run-time. As said I don't know how it works, but you might be able to get some help from people who know the program well.

Edited by Katuko

Ah, yet another reason to rewrite that thing. Current respawn-related problems I'm working on, then:- Attacks that hit just as the "owner" dies throws an error in the system due to the then-missing object (you can see lots of this one in the error log)- Player returns to default settings when spawning (unknown cause)- Player can spawn and then die half a second later due to a pile-up of attacking bots on the spawn point (solution: allow delayed respawn and spawn protection)- Players can not be changed into other objects (such as Exo-Toa for driving or Nui-Rama for shapeshifting) without the game thinking they are dead. (solution: fix system :P)- Respawn timer gets stuck (unknown cause)

To add to that a bit:- Player spawns without full health (and possibly EP)- Occasionally kill and/or death counter goes wild after respawn

Muffin button

This may not be a bug, more of a suggestion, but with the Toa of Gravity causing someone to float up, then crash down does not give you a kill. So this would get annoying. Id say either make the Weight attack give damage, or do a more complicated system change to realise i pushed you off a cliff.2) You should totally make Bohrok :biggrin: you know, instead of Kanohi make krana giving them special powers (scouts give flight etc.)3) This one his a annoying. It seems some of the powers say (unavailable) but are completely usable. Mind fixing this? 4) whats the deal with Emanate? I have no idea how to use it

Edited by Astrotorical

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

1) First one is a limitation of the current system; I will fix that later. Right now you simply get damage applied from the "world" when you fall, which overrides whomever attacked you last. Knocking people off cliffs or force them into high-gravity falls are of course perfectly legitimate of killing someone, and should give points. The gravity attacks do deal some damage, by the way, but it's very little compared to other elements due to the powerful side effects.2) Bohrok and other species have been discussed a few times, and as much as I want to implement them it's too much work right now. They might appear later, when Toa, Rahkshi and the game itself is more done.3) Ah, an oversight on my part. I'll go through the list and fix it for the next version.4) Holding R (or whatever key you have set) uses the Absorb ability. Holding R + Down uses Emanate. Note that only a few elements actually have those abilities implemented (namely fire, ice, gravity, plasma, and electricity), and that they only work for Toa.Thanks for the feedback. :) Stay tuned!

The info button on the main menu lists everything at the moment, but there will be some sort of tutorial, yes.It would be very hard for any of you to help me with coding, but if someone is able to make sprites, or map graphics (I need some jungle!) or sound effects... then I could make a list for you all, like I did in the old topic. Any help with such things would be nice. :)

All-righty then. Here's some of what I need; do or don't do as you please. This is up in the air for anyone reading this. Note that game topics are not supposed to be used for straight back-and-forth help requests, so PM me any results.Sprites- Rahkshi falling on its back (hurt).- Toa/Rahkshi falling forwards (hurt, other way).- For all: Standing back up again (right now they just snap back up).Maps- Some trees and bushes for use here and there (particularly the borders of Kini-Nui, at the moment).- Something to put flair into the scouting outpost in Ta-Koro (right crater edge). I'm working on a simple elevator. Speaking of which...- Machinery. Just something MNOG-esque, to place here and there. Elevator controls, Codrex interior, you name it.- Some proper Rahkshi pillars for Mangaia. I've tried and failed several times now.Sound effects- Whatever you can find, really, for anything that's missing them. They need to have the right "feel", though, and that is hard to describe sometimes.

Gimme a sprite/map to do, and ill get back to you

Ditto.I guess I'll try to make some scenery when I get home in a few days.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Status update:- Water element in the works. Primary as good as done.- Preparing to replace current in-built sound system with one that supports OGG files and volume fading. This means a whopping 90% decrease in sound file size, as well as better in-game sound effects. And in that event:- Makuta voice lines... recorded. :lol:

Status update:- Water element in the works. Primary as good as done.- Preparing to replace current in-built sound system with one that supports OGG files and volume fading. This means a whopping 90% decrease in sound file size, as well as better in-game sound effects. And in that event:- Makuta voice lines... recorded. :lol:

*fist pump*does this mean that there will be grunts, gurgling, etc. when you hit somebody, especially when you do an attack that makes them fall down?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Voice sample. Makuta has not been programmed, but he's on the way. I just need to prepare stuff like the sound system and a few other things, to make sure that I get it all right. (And yes, he will have some of his famous quotes.)Oh, and a few small fixes:- Air loss code fixed so that the Kanohi Kaukau works again.- Ability list updated to correctly show all the available powers. Edited by Katuko

Audacity. Free to download and use, and it can export to a variety of useful formats. Recorded with my simple in-built laptop mic, ran Noise Removal and then a bit of pitch shifting and the likes. Easy-peasy, with decent results.

Ive got that too, I use it for my websites pod cast (which i dont want to advertise as its annoying to see)It is handy, but i didnt know you could change the pitch and stuff. Ill play around with it...Suggestion: Unless makuta will be a playable character, I suggest you use a bunch of the code that was used from the Exo-Toa. edit the attacks and stuff.

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Oh, I'm a big fan of recycling already. :D Most projectile powers are duplicated from the last one I made, for example, before being edited. Frag beams and rockets use basically the same code, with just a few slight differences in flight speed and damage.

• 2 weeks later...