Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Given that Makuta will be in the works for some time, I'll be killing two birds with one stone by adding powers relevant for him as well. So the shadow lightning attack is high on the priority list. The "classic" elements that are missing powers (water, air and earth) are also there, plus the ice physics issue and proper game modes. The Kadin is a bit hard to fix due to the way movement is programmed, so I've put it on the back-burner after my initial, failed attempt. Hopefully levitation works well enough as flight for now, with Gravity+Kakama as a sort of semi-Kadin. :)After fixing the whole deal with shields and sprites and stuff, I was thinking of testing some illusion powers, like creating fake clones of oneself and causing the unfortunate target to... hallucinate.

Edited by Katuko

//Grid_Entry Active... Topic entered--how would AI respond to clones. You can trick people, and use Light attacks to blind them and all that stuff, but the AI are a bit more.... programmed... to fall for that--//End of Line.Encom International ©

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

//Grid_Entry Active... Topic entered-- And what of the Light and Dark based powers. I get shot at by Takanuva all the time, and my screen gets blindingly bright. But you cant to that to a Bot, they have no eyes.-How would you fix that?--Side Note: Not sure if its a bug, but Ive noticed a LARGE amount of Bots equiping weapons that dont do anything. Ones that arent Scripted. Like Gali. she came charging up with some weapon.. Cordak blaster maybe? anyway, it doesnt work. So she sort of hovered around trying to kill me with no way of doing it.-Suggest you let the AI know what to choose? some IF statement saying IF weapon works THEN allow AI use-you get the idea--Im just picky.... it doesnt matter really :P--//End of Line.Encom International ©

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

They do get blinded, it's just that "blind" effect is limited to an on/off toggle, right now. If their "blind" value reaches a certain amount, they get stunned. Otherwise they move normally. :PAnd yeah, the useless Cordak Blaster is a problem. I think I've remembered to disable Disk Launcher drops, but not that one. Will fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing this on the old forums, and never playing it. I just found it again, and I gotta say, this game is pretty darn awesome. Everything's very professional-looking, especially the character creation (<3). But there are a few things that don't really make sense to me...First, I think the rate of healing on the spawn pads is a bit fast. I was healed from nearly dead to full health in 6 seconds, and it seems like that could make matches go on forever. Second, is the Miru supposed to be able to make you stay in the air as long as it does? I thought it just slowed descents.Third, the control layout doesn't seem to add up. I was confused as to why the jump command wasn't the up arrow, and was instead the "down" key of WASD.Also, I've noticed that some of the attacks and the glow effect seem to have some lag on them when running or flying.Buuut take my opinions on the game for what you will. I just thought I'd point those out. Anyway, this looks really promising, and I can't wait to see more new stuff added!

Edited by Architect

Glad you enjoyed it; and you raise some valid concerns, though since this is a WIP I can assure you I have a storm of possible changes on my list. :)* Spawn healing was put in place mostly to prevent spawn camping/death; though it fails in this regard because you can easily be knocked off the point. I'm going to replace it with a more typical spawn immunity; where you are invincible for a few seconds after spawning (though you could not attack, either).* The Miru effectively negates gravity, allowing you to float as long as you like. Allowing someone to "kick off" and then just keep floating upwards felt way too useful when I was testing, though, so I reduced it to slow rise/decent instead. It is a very useful mask, but I hope to make the others just as useful in places where there are not so many cliffs and stuff.* Around the Game Maker community, various emulators and my own preferences, Up being the jump key is one of the deadly sins of programming. Arrows are for movement and aiming, and ZXC or ASD is usually the safest to use for actions to prevent keyboard conflicts. WASD is usually best. Whenever I see a game with Up as the jump key I want to beat the creator to death in a shallow grave. But that's just me, I know that, so that's why you get customizable controls. :D You can even map several functions to the same button, if you would want that.More new stuff is in the works, but there's a lot to choose between when I'm programming. Right now, I'm kinda doing several things at once, which are needed but not so exciting overall: new spawn system, new sound system and some sprite work.

Glad you enjoyed it; and you raise some valid concerns, though since this is a WIP I can assure you I have a storm of possible changes on my list. :)* Spawn healing was put in place mostly to prevent spawn camping/death; though it fails in this regard because you can easily be knocked off the point. I'm going to replace it with a more typical spawn immunity; where you are invincible for a few seconds after spawning (though you could not attack, either).* The Miru effectively negates gravity, allowing you to float as long as you like. Allowing someone to "kick off" and then just keep floating upwards felt way too useful when I was testing, though, so I reduced it to slow rise/decent instead. It is a very useful mask, but I hope to make the others just as useful in places where there are not so many cliffs and stuff.* Around the Game Maker community, various emulators and my own preferences, Up being the jump key is one of the deadly sins of programming. Arrows are for movement and aiming, and ZXC or ASD is usually the safest to use for actions to prevent keyboard conflicts. WASD is usually best. Whenever I see a game with Up as the jump key I want to beat the creator to death in a shallow grave. But that's just me, I know that, so that's why you get customizable controls. :biggrin: You can even map several functions to the same button, if you would want that.More new stuff is in the works, but there's a lot to choose between when I'm programming. Right now, I'm kinda doing several things at once, which are needed but not so exciting overall: new spawn system, new sound system and some sprite work.

I like that idea for the spawn invincibility, even though it is somewhat generic.Um. Any particular reason why using up arrow as jump is so awful? In many platform games, the only controls are "move" and "jump", and it makes more sense (to me at least) to have them all in one place. I will agree with you, though, that separating movement and actions for this game (which obviously needs more controls than "move" and "jump") does seem more logical.By the way, I suggest 1) Making the Miru's toll on your energy greater, and 2) Changing the platforms on the Ta-Koro map so they can be stood upon. I also noticed a glitch on the Frozen Base map where, while inside the base, you can run up the left-hand wall.On another topic, I'd be more than happy to work on some music for this game if you needed it (do you?). Edited by Architect

I like that idea for the spawn invincibility, even though it is somewhat generic.

Not too many ways to do it; but I'm going to make you able to select a spawn point as well.

Um. Any particular reason why using up arrow as jump is so awful? In many platform games, the only controls are "move" and "jump", and it makes more sense (to me at least) to have them all in one place. I will agree with you, though, that separating movement and actions for this game (which obviously needs more controls than "move" and "jump") does seem more logical.

Yes, it's basically that when you have actions in addition to movement, separating jump from movement is the most logical, especially for those who are used to good ol' console games (like me). :) Since some powers allow (or at least will allow) you to aim your attacks, it also makes more sense to not have you jump every time you press up.One reason I hated the Super Smash Bros. control scheme on the N64 was that you had powers that could be aimed up, but no option to not jump when aiming. I don't know about Melee, but i know at least Brawl fixed it, by letting you map jump to other button. Made it so much more enjoyable and not frustrating to throw things upwards.

By the way, I suggest 1) Making the Miru's toll on your energy greater, and 2) Changing the platforms on the Ta-Koro map so they can be stood upon. I also noticed a glitch on the Frozen Base map where, while inside the base, you can run up the left-hand wall.

I should probably increase the drain a bit, yeah. Enough that you start to drift downwards when its out, I guess.The Ta-Koro "construction site" is just there to show that the map is not done yet, so don't be surprised if one update suddenly replaces the whole thing with a big fortress. :PSlope physics are unfortunately what we call "starred"; that is: if I were to accurately describe its current condition it would get censored. Getting fixed, as soon as I can figure out how to do it without also making slope-waling sluggish or too complicated code-wise.

On another topic, I'd be more than happy to work on some music for this game if you needed it (do you?).

I've been running off free samples so far, so yeah, some quality music would be very nice. :lol: Edited by Katuko

Status update, then. :)- A new sound system DLL has been applied, though most of the sound effects still use the in-built system. The DLL allows me adjust volume, panning and a few effects on the fly; unlike the default one which is pretty limited. Another upside is that I can now play OGG files, which means that sound effects will take up less space overall. OGG is also a license-free format (unlike MP3), though this is a non-commercial project anyways so that doesn't matter as much.- Work on implementing sprites is slow, mostly because I have to manually set the coordinates and angle for the held weapons per frame of animation. Because of shields and possibly dual-wielding certain things, I need two sets of coordinates for each sprite: front and back hand. Code-wise I also need to make the system work with separate sprites and not just mirrored ones, but that's hardly an issue; just a bit of typing I can't do until the rest is up and running.- Generic melee weapons have been found to be too weak when compared to other weapons with special effects. For example, there are several weapons with a base damage of 10 (axe, trident, jagged knife) that are supposed to use different swing animations in the end, but they lack that extra touch. Fire sword may have 8 base damage, but it still does more damage overall with the burn, which also heats the victim and thus drops the Strength stat. Magma Blade swings a bit slower, but does enough damage on hit to make up for it.Bottom line: standard melee weapons need a touch. For that reason, I will allow powerless weapons to be charged with whatever power the wielder holds, be it fire or poison or gravity. This allows me to introduce a bunch of "re-skin" weapons to please those who want, say, an axe that is on fire, while at the same time making all weapons equally useful. If you want a Rahkshi of Poison with a Fire Sword, you can still have that, but you can also get your very own poisoned weapon to both complete your look and have something to fall back on if you run out of EP. (Note: I do have some new melee special effects in the works that goes well with this. Poison is one of them.)- I have acquired an extension package that makes dynamic lighting easier to achieve (and it does it better than I could code on my own), though implementing it is something I wish I had done from the start. We'll see how this goes, but if it works then some maps may suddenly look a lot better than they would have otherwise.- Kini-Nui is semi-done, but I am missing the forest around the map edges on the upper level and some more substance to Mangaia below. The aforementioned lighting system coupled with some sickly green pillars (I can never get that look right!) will probably make the atmosphere a lot better.- Onu-Koro is somewhat sketched out. No real work has been done on it yet. This goes for the Ta-Koro fortress as well.- Makuta's sprites are basically done (recolored Jaller Mahri for now, but it looks pretty good in black), and I have recorded some voice lines for him. His boss fight has been planned in detail, but the actual coding has not kicked off. I am working on designing a better AI system that would allow the bots (both normal and bosses) to prioritize instead of just going randomly with different actions.For example: current system says "See enemy? Chase him. Are you close enough? Shoot. Even closer? Use melee." The flaw with this is that bots may use melee attacks when elements would be better, or waste some powers at a distance before they are close enough to work properly (Toa chasing you with an ineffectual cloud of Plasma comes to mind) and they will often blindly jump off the Karda-Nui stone pillar to reach Nui-Rama or even people that got knocked off the edge. This goes for the lava area in Ta-Koro as well. The AI doesn't "see" the lethal pit below. New system would use a stack of commands, and push the priority up and down based on the AI's current state (health, position, equipment, etc). Sounds complicated, but it would really just be a more organized form of the current AI.- Game modes. Simple ones to create are Deathmatch, Survival and King of the Hill. Deathmatch would be just everyone killing each other until a set score is met. Survival would give you a number of lives instead of points, and when a player is out of lives they get eliminated from the match until only one is left. King of the Hill would entail a designated area being the "hill", and then you would have to "capture" it by standing (alone) in the area for a certain amount of time. If you can then keep the position from being captured before time runs out, you win. These modes could all work as team modes as well, of course. Capture the Flag (enter the enemy base, grab the flag, and run back to your own base with it) is a potential mode as well, though I don't know how well it would fit the current maps.These proper game modes are somewhat in the works, given that things like kill counts and team settings are already mostly functional.- Speaking of which: the spawn and score system will be undergoing a few internal changes to work better. For those who have heard me say that before: no, I haven't done it yet. :P The player death script would be updated to count fall damage as a player-induced kill if recently hit with knockback or gravity without touching the ground in-between; and spawning should let you select your spawn location.Spawn point healing will be mostly removed, and replaced by simple "spawn protection" and possibly another way to heal. I think slaying a foe and absorbing some of its life energy (equal to 1/10th of the damage recently inflicted, perhaps?) would be a decent alternative. It would prevent camping (since you can't hurt each other on spawn) and also give some slight healing to good fighters. Draining powers and Quick Healing would still be better at healing overall, of course.- Kanohi Volitak (mutes footsteps, makes you almost-but-not-quite invisible) has no excuse not be programmed right now, really. I will see what I get around to. :) The Olmak (dimensional gates) could also be done... relatively easily. Ditto for the "Farore's Wind" knock-off that will be Teleportation's secondary ability.- Missing elemental attacks and sound effects are being worked on as well.Big list, isn't it? And this is without a lot of the smaller fixes I feel the need to do. Wish me luck. :lol:

With the way I do things, I will just duplicate the current bot object while working on the new AI, so as to not mess up the old version. I might add a setting to them, so the older bots can spawn if you pick "stupid". :POh, by the way: I only just noticed that if you pick a Rahkshi power way down on the list, then switch your species to Toa, the game bugs out since the "power number" is then higher than the list of Toa powers go. Apparently this has been in most versions so far, but I fixed it as soon as I found it. Curious that no one has mentioned that yet, but I guess most of you (myself included) don't switch back after selecting a character.

Concerning Melee weapons.In RuneScape, Melee weapons have factors that affect their potential to inflict damage. Prominent among these are strength and speed. Faster weapons tend to be weaker and slower weapons tend to be stronger. ignoring accuracy, RS melee weapons basicly are measured by how much damage they do in a certain amount of time. So in other words quality=strength/speed. Roughly. Remember, this is ignoring accuracy. You need to find a range of damage per second that each weapon will inflict on the average foe and keep all weapons in this approximate range. Good Luck. You'll need it. Or of course time and dedication instead.

Wow, I just got this game, and it rocks!!One problem, exo-toa have only spawned TWICE. Are they supposed to be rare?What I would like to see is some more species, Bohrok, Skakdi, and Vorrtix would be cool. But getting what is out now perfected is more important.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

When you enter Karda Nui, there will always be exactly three Exo-Toa that spawn. One on each side of the Codrex, and one inside it. They are meant to be its guardians, of sorts. Destroy all three (you need the Keystone as well to to reach the inside without being disintegrated) and the boss spawns in the small village on top of the big pillar.The reason why you have only seen a few of them is most likely because A: they don't respawn when killed and B: the bot players are likely to attack them even while you are not there to see it. If you want to fight them alone, you can turn off AI bots in the map selection menu. :)Adding other species has been discussed a few times in the past, but due to the workload that is Toa/Rahkshi already I don't want to make things even worse for myself. We'll see in the future.

Well, finally got back from my hour long montage of playing this game. :PAnyway, I noticed a few things.

• [*]Fire- I noticed that even though the primary attack stops when it hits bots, but continues on like the old version through the AI Exo-Toa and Nui Rama.[*]Air- Doesn't seem to effect Exo-Toa/Nui Rama. It damages them, but doesn't throw them around n' stuff.[*]Ice Map- I glitched through the gate when wearing a Kakama, now this only happened once, but thought I'd mention it.

Thats it, and the game seems to be running faster/better in this version. :)P.S. lol, I played as some of my BZPRPG characters. (fun) :lol:

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Ah, yes. Fire was an oversight on my part, as I often don't remember to change stuff all across the board. I'll fix that. I'll try to fix the tornado issue as well.Now that you mention the BZPRPG... I remembered that I have some new weapons to add too. Generic ones, like swords and axes (in preparation for "any weapon can be charged with your own power happyface yay hooray huzzah!), but also a few more with simple special effects, like poison or EP draining. Oh, and now that I'm working on the Cordak Blaster: other weapons with ammo, like the Disk Launcher and most likely throwing knives. Of course. :P

Edited by Katuko

I could easily make one, but I will not use it in this game. To quote my own FAQ (which I should really update, come to think of it...):

Q: There are several RPG elements in this game, like adjustable stats and different equipment with special effects. Will there be things like experience points and level ups as well?A: No, what you see is what there is. When designing a multiplayer fighting game, I find it crucial that every player is on the same level and has access to the same stuff. If one player has an advantage simply because they have more time on their hands, I feel I have done something wrong. This game is meant for you to pick up and play right away.Nintendo's Super Smash Bros limits what stages you can play on and what characters you can use until you unlock them. Team Fortress 2 gives you new weapons via achievements and random drops. World of Warcraft and other popular RPGs have a lot of stats to level and monsters to slay before you are able to wear the most powerful equipment. I give you everything from the get-go, no matter what. Every weapon, armor, Kanohi, stage, etc. Everything. The only thing I'll keep from you is the stuff I haven't programmed yet. :)

Quick progress update, by the way: Toa now have visible armor (lookin' good), and armor also drops as regular items do. I still need to make armor sprites that fit Rahkshi, and to finish the position arrays for the new character animations I've made (the ones that fix the left/right mirror issue).

Shields as well, once I get them working properly.Wait, I feel like ranting about game mechanics. Only theory at this point, but hey.Note that right now it can be hard to actually get usable armor off a dead character, because it usually breaks before the fight goes that far. This stems from how armor and item HP works: Nuva Armor absorbs 50% of "physical" damage, and if the player has 200 HP and the armor 100 HP, then a series of 50 HP hits goes like this:200 / 100175 / 75150 / 50100 / 2575 / 0 (armor breaks)Two more hits and the character dies.Then there are the powers that directly targets armor with additional damage (magnetism, for example) and stuff like Disintegration, which has a chance of wrecking it completely. So just a heads-up right here and now: if you want armor, it is best to equip your character with it from the get-go. If you want to take it from your enemy, you better be using attacks that do not target armor at all: afterburn, poison, hunger drain, etc.In the future I will probably be reworking armor slightly, given how it works right now. 50% damage resistance means that if you get hit with a 100 HP attack, you get it reduced by a whopping 50 (plus the armor is damaged a lot), while weaker attacks will have less reduction applied to them in comparison. I was thinking to switch this to a sort of "damage threshold" effect, similar to what some other games choose to do. In this case, the damage reduction would be something like 20, which gets directly subtracted from the incoming attack damage. 100 then becomes 80 taken, 20 to the armor. But an attack of 20 or less would only deal armor damage.That system would allow me to introduce a new element of strategy: Fast-firing stream attacks then work best for direct damage against unarmored foes, while you need stronger attacks to directly damage those with armor. Armor would also be more long-lasting, but fast and weak attacks would still be good for destroying said armor. Do note that if the imbalance seems too great (powerful attacks still do lots of damage, weaker attacks do much less), there is also the matter of working shields to think about. Full block while stationary, while the shield itself is all that wears down. A heavily armored enemy would be able to tank a lot, but be slower in compensation.And don't get me started on the potential of a Dragon Age-esque Arcane Warrior setup... basically: heavy armor makes you a tank but impairs your ability to use certain spells and special powers without first sheathing your weapon. If that sounds bad (it kinda does) I guess a simple increase in EP use while armored would suffice. Or the DEX penalty I mentioned. Or something. Long story short: Right now equipping armor has next to no downsides, because it effectively gives you +50% health against half of the game's attacks at the cost of a single skill point (use a VIT point and you make up for what's lost with the armor bonus...).

Hmmm...I think this new "armor idea" could work. I can't quite think of what I think of it. Let me see... By "damage threshold" you mean "min and max damage taken by shield and not you" right? I think this could work. Needs some testing. And you know we're good at exploiting things so if there's something that can go wrong, you'll know it long before you go multiplayer.

Yes, I mean that instead of the armor/shield dividing the damage taken by a certain percentage, it subtracts a constant value.Current version:50% damage resistance, 100 item HPHit with 20 HP attack: 10 taken by player, 10 by armorHit with 50 HP attack: 25 taken by player, 25 by armorHit with 100 HP attack: 50 taken by player, 50 by armorDiscussed version:30 damage resistance (not %), 100 item HPHit with 20 HP attack: 0 taken by player, 1 to 5 by armor (would need to calculate this so it works...)Hit with 50 HP attack: 20 taken by player, 30 by armorHit with 100 HP attack: 70 taken by player, 30 by armorI can still modify the damage taken by both the player and the armor, of course, depending on what works best. This is just to illustrate the concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Zarayna convinced me to play this game. I'm glad he did. The gameplay is great, and I love having the ability to customize my characters.A couple things I would like to point out:1. Would it be possible to place "unavailable" next to all the Kanohi that haven't been programmed yet, as you did with the weapons, so I don't have to keep checking Info to make sure the Kanohi I've chosen will actually do anything?2. In certain zones, such as Ice Fortress, sometimes AI players will gather halfway up a wall and keep attacking over and over and over again, thus effectively sticking themselves there for a long while. Is there any way to fix this? Perhaps certain AI can track enemies differently, and the incongruity would allow for the AI to move about more as they fight?

Katuko, please make a status report/progress report. please.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Was going to post a status update the other day, but I can't double post, so I figured I would just wait a bit. :lol:

Zarayna convinced me to play this game. I'm glad he did. The gameplay is great, and I love having the ability to customize my characters.

Always glad to hear that. :)

1. Would it be possible to place "unavailable" next to all the Kanohi that haven't been programmed yet, as you did with the weapons, so I don't have to keep checking Info to make sure the Kanohi I've chosen will actually do anything?

Yeah, I'll do that at once. Just a small detail I've forgotten, really, it was supposed to be there. When I testing I haven't noticed it myself simply because I know what I've programmed and not.

2. In certain zones, such as Ice Fortress, sometimes AI players will gather halfway up a wall and keep attacking over and over and over again, thus effectively sticking themselves there for a long while. Is there any way to fix this? Perhaps certain AI can track enemies differently, and the incongruity would allow for the AI to move about more as they fight?

The issue arises from the AI being very likely to use melee attacks when close to each other, but being too close causes the swing to miss, and then they it is likely for both to get stuck swinging uselessly at each other. I have actually fixed this now, by simply telling them to abort attacking and move in a random direction when they are close enough to each other to be considered "stuck". This has mostly solved the wall trouble.Now, a full list of changes coming in the next update (which will be soon, hopefully):- Toa now have visible Nuva armor. I need to custom fit Rahkshi armor, unfortunately, so that will take some time.- Nuva armor has been made to drop as items.- Added armor drop points to all maps.- Lifeblade attacks now show the healing particle effect.- The character menu has been updated to show equipped items (except shields) on the character preview.- Shadow Smog now has a red hue instead of purple, to differentiate it from Gravity and to make it more consistent with other BIONICLE media's portrayal of the Shadow element.- Disintegration effects now disperse in fluid instead of just disappearing faster. This looks very sexy.- Poison Sword added. Functions basically like a re-skinned fire sword. Just for flair, and in preparation of user-specific weapon powers.- Kanohi Volitak is now functional. Stealth causes the target to become mostly transparent, and mutes footsteps. For player-vs-AI purposes, it plays exactly the same as a Huna, but real players will still be able to notice the differences from their opponents.- Fixed fire still passing through non-player enemies.- Made the Hau shield properly stop water and stone spikes, as well as the newest gravity attacks.- Added Water to the list of AI Toa powers.- Added a few lines of code to prevent AI getting "stuck" inside each other.- Added some randomness to the AI's intial jump trigger, preventing them from jumping all the time.- Fixed AI to no longer jump off cliffs without flight powers.- AI will save themselves from harmful falls even when not targeting a player.- Bots now use their teleportation powers in combat.- Primary Lightning and Secondary Light (Flare) are no longer armor-piercing attacks.- Ice and water sprays will now block each other on contact, like fire and ice already does.- Ice will be destroyed by plasma, while the plasma's damage is weakened.- Water no longer flows straight through enemies.- Fixed Electro-Blade stun time being 3 seconds rather than the intended 1.- Black Hole now only does damage on a direct hit, to avoid slowing down the effect of rapid firing while still not making multiple Holes overpowered to to additive health drain.- Added sound effects for Fear and Poison.- Made melee hit sounds play for Nui-Rama and Exo-Toa. Edited by Katuko

Wow, you've been working hard.So does elemental armor drop as well, or just Nuva armor? And if you kill somebody with armor on, does it drop?

- The character menu has been updated to show equipped items (except shields) on the character preview.

Thank you so much.I like the interactions between elements (ice weakens plasma, fire cancels ice, etc).As usual, very good work Katuko....Now where's my multiplayer!? :plain:

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Only Nuva armor drops for now, since I need to custom-sprite elemental armor as well. Of course, I could just make it semi-transparent Nuva armor that glows when hit by attacks or something. I dunno. And yes, armor will drop from enemies in the condition it was when they died or they exchanged it for a different set. If you want to steal an enemy's armor in good condition, you should therefore avoid damaging them too much directly.Multiplayer is... well......*cries*EDIT: I forgot to mention earlier that I've also made ice attacks unable to freeze already frozen targets, to prevent spam abuse and frustration. You can still instantly re-freeze someone who breaks free, but at least know you have to time your attack somewhat.

Edited by Katuko

Only Nuva armor drops for now, since I need to custom-sprite elemental armor as well. Of course, I could just make it semi-transparent Nuva armor that glows when hit by attacks or something. I dunno. And yes, armor will drop from enemies in the condition it was when they died or they exchanged it for a different set. If you want to steal an enemy's armor in good condition, you should therefore avoid damaging them too much directly.Multiplayer is... well......*cries*EDIT: I forgot to mention earlier that I've also made ice attacks unable to freeze already frozen targets, to prevent spam abuse and frustration. You can still instantly re-freeze someone who breaks free, but at least know you have to time your attack somewhat.

Thank you for the ice attacks unable to freeze already frozen targets thing.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Yay for the whole ice thing. Bots freezing me then running around continuing to spam them gets a bit annoying.I'm really looking foward to armor pick-ups, and I'd think lightning would be a good element for stealing bot's armor. And quick question: What do you have planned for the Matatu and Garai?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Ah, the Garai. Was gonna function like a Toa of Gravity's emanate ability (weighing down). Toa of Psionics would be able to levitate objects (keep them in mid-air without having them fly off) so the Matatu was at first going to function like that, but i think it might be more interesting to let it be used with a targeting reticule. Pick up and move anything you want. :D Psionics would have this as their Environment ability... which hasn't yet been programmed for any of the elements.

The pick up and move anything you want sounds fun. Like throwing people into lava fun. :PI would imagine your character would be immoble when you use this power, right? (Like when you're teleporting)And that reminds me, didn't you mention something about gravity's power becoming a burst instead of a stream?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Immobile, yes, and it would deal no direct damage. I'm also thinking that bigger things would be slower to move, in order to prevent a quick fling from being the most lethal power in the game. :lol:Gravity has not yet been reprogrammed, but I'm going to make it more like the Rahkshi's version.

I forgot to mention earlier that I've also made ice attacks unable to freeze already frozen targets, to prevent spam abuse and frustration. You can still instantly re-freeze someone who breaks free, but at least know you have to time your attack somewhat.

Thank you so much. There's nothing more irritating than dieing from lack of air when a bot is running around madly keeping you frozen and unable to do anything.So presumably we're going to get a new version after gravity gets updated?

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Few more things I want to do quickly, then I'll drop v9.4 to you. Then it's more sprite work and stuff for v9.5, I guess. And some map updates, too. Karda Nui still hasn't gotten proper terrain settings because the ground is all one big chunk.

You know, I think it might be a good idea to have the Matatu use the mouse to control it. Or the arrow keys, I suppose, but I'd like the mouse to be an optionalcontrol for this power.

No mouse during gameplay, please. Switching between keyboard and mouse is such a pain.

Muffin button