• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

What Was Your Reaction...

When You Saw The Forum Were?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Demeb

Demeb
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 243 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 03:12 PM

I had been checking BZP on my phone every once in a while, and when I saw the forums up this morning I was really excited. And then I realized that it would be most of the day before I could actually check them out properly. So, excitment, sad realization, and then more excitment. -Demeb

A server busy message is just BZP's way of reminding you to do your homework.
"There's no point in getting angry with Bohrok, it would be like you getting angry with your toaster." -Greg
It's pronounced "Dem-e-b."

#42 Offline christo1096

christo1096
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 04:38 PM

I was happy, very happy when the forum was back

#43 Offline Claus Von Minun the 4th

Claus Von Minun the 4th
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 640 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 05:10 PM

Let's see, my internet just came back on, I was about to do my homework... "Well I may as well check once to see if Bzpower is back yet" Needless to say my productivity was shot.

0.jpg

Well break time is over, now go and mop up the dungeon.

After about 10 years I finally changed my display name.

#44 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Toa

• 135 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 05:19 PM

*Incoming Transmission* I looked at the BZPower website, saw a big, bold link, and I clicked on it. Then I saw that it was some groovy new forums. Then I was like :br: . So I told my brother as soon as I could, and I've been checking the forums about every thirty minutes. Not really, but close. *End Transmission*

9:30 PM

My headlights illuminate a large white gate,

closed and locked, admission blocked—

A thousand spiders crawl up my spine.

With chattering teeth I brave the chill

and approach the gate. Gunshots and guffaws

crowd my senses—distant, yet near.

Phobos and Deimos sing in my ear,

and I hunch my shoulders to shoo them away;

unsuccessful, I fumble for keys in a tight denim pocket—

A thousand spiders crawl up my spine.

Noises draw near, elicitors of fear.

I find the ring and unsteadily bring

it out. Sticking my arms between wrought iron bars,

I find the padlock. I take a deep breath and send up a prayer.

I insert the key and try to give it a turn—

A thousand and one.

#45 Offline V-N

V-N
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 2,449 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 05:33 PM

I did a double take and went "wow." And then got really excited looking at all the new stuff.

What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -Sir John Lubbock

#46 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 05:42 PM

I went 'oh cool BZP is back up' Then I went 'oh **** this means I have to give Alkermpa a fighting chance' Then I realized maybe I could get in touch with some of my old friends, and I was ever so slightly uplifted.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#47 Offline Ringoster

Ringoster
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 88 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 06:28 PM

In words: "Oh cool, BZPower's back. (!)". I'm not excited, then again, I AM SO EXCITED!

#48 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 06:34 PM

On another forum, someone posted about BZPower's forums being up. I was on the verge of telling him, "No, those are just the archives," but I decided to check BZPower anyway. Just in case, I told myself.I saw the news announcement.I think my brain did a somersault, but I blacked out immediately afterward so I can't be sure.

#49 Offline KlakWest

KlakWest
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,102 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 06:41 PM

On another forum, someone posted about BZPower's forums being up. I was on the verge of telling him, "No, those are just the archives," but I decided to check BZPower anyway. Just in case, I told myself.I saw the news announcement.

That pretty much was my reaction. Then I was like: WHAAAAAT?! While posting in the forums, I got nostalgia attacks.

Edited by MakutaKlak, Oct 14 2011 - 06:42 PM.

#50 Offline Makuta_of_Oz

Makuta_of_Oz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,520 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 06:51 PM

I hadn't been so excited since I found out about the Pokemon tournament in April! I haven't moved so fast either! :P

wearewaiting.gif
Credit goes to JrMasterModelBuilder for the banner.

The Bring Back Bionicle Club is back! PM me or leave a message in my blog if you want in.

Baterra are awesome. They enforce weapon laws. Please support their cause on CUUSOO.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#51 Offline HercuLesss

HercuLesss
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 945 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 07:08 PM

I was pretty excited, but my interest in Bionicle has somewhat declined since the forums went offline. :confused: I'm also kinda sad that all the old topics are gone...

#52 Offline Enzee

Enzee
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,272 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 07:24 PM

I was pretty excited, but my interest in Bionicle has somewhat declined since the forums went offline. :confused: I'm also kinda sad that all the old topics are gone...

But they aren't gone. You just can't reply to anything. :P

Starting a new comic series soon.

#53 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,364 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 07:27 PM

First I was like "OMG" *Spasm*Then I came here and I was like =o "What is this place?"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#54 Offline GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1
  • Members

• 914 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 07:34 PM

FINALLY. Really. I said that out loud.
Posted Image
Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

#55 Offline ~Allegretto~

~Allegretto~
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,350 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 07:57 PM

At first I thought UK was trying to trick me again since he told me the forums were back up a couple days before. Then when I found out they were actually up I think I actually squealed with joy. You should have been there. All of you.

Edited by ~Sonu Nova~, Oct 14 2011 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image

#56 Offline Larnuu

Larnuu
  • Members
  • Toa

• 121 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:03 PM

I screamed like the N64 kid and immediately made a account.
Posted ImageNacuu's Slow Dance!!Posted Image

#57 Offline Hordaki

Hordaki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 286 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:19 PM

I freaked out. But the new layout wasn't that jarring because I found a secret way to see it beforehand.

#58 Offline Haecceity Jam

Haecceity Jam
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 287 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:32 PM

I stared at the screen and realized that there was no point in checking if they were up every single day anymore. And then my brain died.

9181001334_fd8cffbeed_o.jpg

Vile terror, fearless blight
Haunting ghast, piercing light
Glow or shine or radiate
Sparkle, creep, reveal to sight
Human eyes so weak
To see and then to seek
Meaning for their rights

#59 Offline GCKrastin

GCKrastin
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 245 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:41 PM

At the time I was on Skype with a friend who also uses BZP a lot and I went "WAAAAAAAAHT" and he went "what" and I went "THE BZP FORUMS ARE BACK ASDFASDASFASDASF" and he went "WAAAAAAAAAAHT" and then we were happy.So here I am!

Posted Image

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony! :D

#60 Offline Twilite :3

Twilite :3
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,402 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:49 PM

I said: "Woah. We've waited a long time. And I think this was well worth the wait." Now, I'll have to get used to a lot of the new features...but this is great. Truly fantastic job guise. AND IT'S MOBILE.
Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#61 Offline ankyfdarkness

ankyfdarkness
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 954 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 09:28 PM

I guess, "Let's see what's new." was the initial reaction. To be honest I'm not sure what I think yet. The old BZPower was such an familiar and comfortable place.

silverbladebanner.jpg

#62 Offline that guy from that show

that guy from that show
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,152 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 09:29 PM

Oh no, I am never going to get anything done. I was so productive over the downtime.

That is all

#63 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,917 posts

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 09:41 PM

When I saw that the forums were back up, I was shocked. I was starting to think they would never return. I'm glad I was wrong about that. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#64 Offline Zaxvo

Zaxvo
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,325 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 09:53 PM

FINALLY

#65 Offline LewaLew

LewaLew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,385 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 09:54 PM

Well, being staff, I was expecting it, but I'd probably be more excited if I didn't have school to do.

#66 Offline Zahaki

Zahaki
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,219 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 12:16 AM

It went a little like this:Friend- Bzpower is back Me- Yeah I know, the Arcives been up for a week Friend- No, the Fourms. Me- *Twich, Ran straight to the PC* Friend- Ello? Still there? ME- OMG!!!! I MISSED YOU! --- That was pretty much it. Now I got somethign to do during School hours, when I'm ment to be doing work ^^

zahakibanner14v1.png

Art
:Antique Bionicle Cards:

Signature Under-construction.

#67 Offline alpha123

alpha123
  • Members

• 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 12:25 AM

I was like "Oh, finally". Then I checked my watch to make sure it wasn't April 1st. Then I was like "Better check FCG to see if Katuko has a new BIONICLE Fighter up". Then I was like "Oh good, I finally get to release the latest version of BIONICLE Conflict Zone".

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

#68 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,653 posts

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 12:28 AM

Well, I went over to BZPower, read the front page, logged in... "Squee!" ^_^

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#69 Offline Boogie Monsta

Boogie Monsta
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,359 posts

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 12:45 AM

I saw it on Tom's status and didn't actually believe it. Then I came here and still didn't believe it, because it was so different, but I'm already starting to like it.

Edited by Psychoshy, Oct 15 2011 - 12:45 AM.

iloveyousignlanguagemeulin.png

#70 Offline Mr. Chicken

Mr. Chicken
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 359 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 12:47 AM

Well I just came to the site to check the news like I've been doing for nearly six months now... You know, there was a little spark of hope in my mind BZP could be back, ya' know? Maybe it is... But as I was clicking on the explorer tab... going into my homepage and up to my little web tab thingy... The thought ran throuhg my mind no... Of course it isn't, because BZPower like all good things has abbandoned you. It had left you out to dry in the cold cruel - I saw the front page. And literrally for about five seconds sat there staring at my screen, unable to to opperate at all... completely and utterly speachless... BZPower had not abbandoned me... I wasn't alone in this cold, cruel - Oh look, topics. :P P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!! :tohu:

possible_logo_2.jpg

#71 Offline Leg O'Brick

Leg O'Brick
  • Members
  • Toa

• 192 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 12:51 AM

On an unrelated note, is anyone else a little weirded out by the number of brony avatars? I'm by no means a brony hater, but... sheesh. I was like WHAT? And then I was like "Oh that's right, my computer blew up in my face this morning. So I can't." Happy to report it's working now... sort of.
Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

#72 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 01:16 AM

":o Activity!" Posted Image

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

#73 Offline Heat

Heat
  • Banned Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,288 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 03:38 AM

Roughly in this order: "What, already? I thought it was gonna be another six months!" "Whaaaaaa? Why doesn't my password work?" "Oh, I only changed it on the archive. Now it works." "Wow this place looks Zuckerbergian." -Heat

#74 Offline Toa Doublebee

Toa Doublebee
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 476 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 04:36 AM

Yay!!! Yay!! *Claps like a Baby* Yay!! Yay!! *Clicks link and comes to new forums* What?! no...... What? Nooo! !!! no!!! What? No! !!! True Stoy.

Edited by Toa Doublebee, Oct 15 2011 - 04:37 AM.

#75 Offline Sular

Sular
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 887 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 04:41 AM

Me: Oh derp, the forums are back *Awesomeface* Have been waiting for this moment for just a bit too long.

sJiDt4U.jpg

#76 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,502 posts

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 06:06 AM

To tell you the truth, I wasn't too excited. It was more of a "Huh, that's nice" response for me.

#77 Offline Artezza Trigger

Artezza Trigger
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 415 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 06:28 AM

My initial reaction was to raise an eyebrow out of surpise, but after a few seconds I just said "meh" and started posting. It doesn't matter what it looks like to me, as long as it retains that BZpower spirit.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

#78 Offline Justax-Kal

Justax-Kal
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,572 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 08:30 AM

Finally! I lost most of a summer!Then: Wow, time to get to work. J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

#79 Offline Daiker

Daiker
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,752 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 11:14 AM

I would categorize it under SQUEAL The thing is, I had already seen it tbh :tounge: Now you see this page right here was able to be accessed even when the forums were down. So yeah, I pretty much was expecting this.

Edited by Daiker, Oct 15 2011 - 11:21 AM.

iNiCw5U.jpg

#80 Offline Nytrone

Nytrone
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,730 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 11:17 AM

I was like BOOYAH! I can finally post more art and Mocs!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users