Bzpower's April Fools Day Prank

Takanuinuva

There was a prank?

Not to my knowledge, no. Or, at least we think there isn't, there might have been and we just missed the memo. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

It seems like they're delaying it to make it unexpected. I do enjoy these pranks, whether they fool me or not, so I hope it's something massive. (And if someone says Bionicle is coming back, not what I meant. That's been done at least FOUR TIMES around April 1st.

Delaying it!? After April 3rd? I can only imagine the insanity the staff would unleash on this site if they could prank all year long!-Ced

If it happened I missed it :/

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

This is how BZPower's pranks end. Not with a bang, but with a whimper....Not an entirely relevant quote but I have it stuck in my head, so I had to just cram it in there somewhere. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of (noticeable) April Fools day prank. I swear BZP's been fairly lax about those since 2008.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

This is how BZPower's pranks end. Not with a bang, but with a whimper....Not an entirely relevant quote but I have it stuck in my head, so I had to just cram it in there somewhere. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of (noticeable) April Fools day prank. I swear BZP's been fairly lax about those since 2008.

The fact that there was no prank this year doesn´t mean there will never be any pranks again. Seriously, you can´t expect the admins to come up with something fresh, original and fun every time for so many years, so in a way it´s understandable. Personally, I prefer having no prank than a bad one, so I hope that if there is a next time, we get a really good prank that´s worth it and not a bad one for the sake of having a prank at all. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The fact that there was no prank this year doesn´t mean there will never be any pranks again. Seriously, you can´t expect the admins to come up with something fresh, original and fun every time for so many years, so in a way it´s understandable. Personally, I prefer having no prank than a bad one, so I hope that if there is a next time, we get a really good prank that´s worth it and not a bad one for the sake of having a prank at all. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
As I said, I just wanted to find a way to force that quote in somewhere. It's been going round in my hand like crazy all of a sudden. :PpBut then again, I don't actually remember any pranks in the last couple of years, either. 2009 draws up a blank and I think the site was down last April.

LzcD9OS.png

The fact that there was no prank this year doesn´t mean there will never be any pranks again. Seriously, you can´t expect the admins to come up with something fresh, original and fun every time for so many years, so in a way it´s understandable. Personally, I prefer having no prank than a bad one, so I hope that if there is a next time, we get a really good prank that´s worth it and not a bad one for the sake of having a prank at all. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
As I said, I just wanted to find a way to force that quote in somewhere. It's been going round in my hand like crazy all of a sudden. :PpBut then again, I don't actually remember any pranks in the last couple of years, either. 2009 draws up a blank and I think the site was down last April.
There was indeed no prank in 2009 or the prank was said to be that there was no prank. Last year, we had the Barbie prank, though, where all staff members found their names to be changed to that of a Barbie, like Tour Guide Barbie in my case. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

There was indeed no prank in 2009 or the prank was said to be that there was no prank. Last year, we had the Barbie prank, though, where all staff members found their names to be changed to that of a Barbie, like Tour Guide Barbie in my case. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
And I'm sure it suited you like a fine tuxedo. :PCan't say I'd consider that much of an April Fools day prank though, much, given how frequent those are becoming. Heck, I swear there've been name changes to ponies (Pre-FiM reign), superheroes and fears since then, not on the first of April.

LzcD9OS.png

And I'm sure it suited you like a fine tuxedo. :PCan't say I'd consider that much of an April Fools day prank though, much, given how frequent those are becoming. Heck, I swear there've been name changes to ponies (Pre-FiM reign), superheroes and fears since then, not on the first of April.
Thaa-aanks! :DWow, you almost released my Barbie alter ego from its mental prison for a second there. :fear:Fun aside, that actually was an April Fools prank, as it came totally unexpected to all of us on the staff. Normally, staff members get to choose their names or if they want to participate in the first place, but that time it was really logging into the forums and finding yourself with an entirely different and ridiculous name. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Thaa-aanks! :biggrin:Wow, you almost released my Barbie alter ego from its mental prison for a second there. :fear:Fun aside, that actually was an April Fools prank, as it came totally unexpected to all of us on the staff. Normally, staff members get to choose their names or if they want to participate in the first place, but that time it was really logging into the forums and finding yourself with an entirely different and ridiculous name. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
Oh, by the Spirits, may we hope that beast remains uncaged...Ah, that definitely sounds like a prank when you put it like that. Makes me glad I'm not a staffie (for now...) when such evil punishment is inflicted with such little justification. :P

LzcD9OS.png

Thaa-aanks! :biggrin:Wow, you almost released my Barbie alter ego from its mental prison for a second there. :fear:Fun aside, that actually was an April Fools prank, as it came totally unexpected to all of us on the staff. Normally, staff members get to choose their names or if they want to participate in the first place, but that time it was really logging into the forums and finding yourself with an entirely different and ridiculous name. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
Oh, by the Spirits, may we hope that beast remains uncaged...Ah, that definitely sounds like a prank when you put it like that. Makes me glad I'm not a staffie (for now...) when such evil punishment is inflicted with such little justification. :P
No worries, I managed for a year, I´ll manage for another. Hopefully... :PNah, it was fun, even more so than a few of the past ones because that time, I was part of the prank itself. :P I can tell you that´s far better than just looking at someone else doing a prank.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Seriously guys, nobody besides the highest-ups (and perhaps Wind, Velox and 55555 and perhaps very few others but they won´t tell you :P) knows more than you do.-Gata signoff.jpg

Who counts as the highest-ups?
B6, Hali Husky, DeeVee, Than. Global Mods and Admins.
B6 always knows, of course, but I dunno about the others. I don't recall being "let-in" on a prank in the past several years. I usually just wait to see what happens and then do what I can to add to it. Like, doing the common staff play-along-and-then-deny-it thing can be pretty fun, but sometimes it's not mischievous or involved enough for my tastes, so I gotta add a new level. X3But honestly, I checked BZP off and on all day and was disappointed at the lack of prank. Oh well! There were plenty of other pranks throughout the internet that I really enjoyed.

:kaukau: I'll agree with Gatanui about no prank being better than a bad prank. One benefit you could say is that it adds to the suspense, be there any at all.But anyways, the only April Fool's joke I actually remember was the deletion of the CoT forums, which was prety cool because I had just got addicted to them at the time and it seemed believable enough, especially when they kept it going for a few more days after the fact. I think one of these days they will have to do something big and keep it going for the whole month of April.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

But honestly, I checked BZP off and on all day and was disappointed at the lack of prank. Oh well! There were plenty of other pranks throughout the internet that I really enjoyed.

I too am disappointed about BZP's lack of a prank, but "Groose Wiki" made my day. As Lord Ghirahim, all I could say was......Stand down. You're in my way, and the sight of your appalling hair makes my gorge rise.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Well, maybe they're delaying it waaaay to the end of the month, maybe the last day? If that's not the case (doubt it is), that's disappointing. =/ The one prank I wish had lasted longer was the Barbie one, that was hilarious. People waaay overreacted to that, which is a shame because it was probably the last good prank BZP might have for awhile, considering the so-called 'prank' we might have had, or have not had yet, which is surely the case at this point.

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

:(Oh well, I disappoint people on a regular basis, so why not let somebody disappoint me for a change? :P

slipped away...

Or maybe the staff will ban everybody, or maybe they will do a one-day downtime?

No, the last one day downtime lasted six months. Not that I'm addicted to the site, but I could not take that because I wouldn't be able to talk to my friends. =/ And MLPower has been thought of already, not as a joke but as a fear by some people. :P

slipped away...