Opinions On "bionicle Will/won't Return" Debate

Scanty Demon

:kaukau: It could happen, but it would be a very shocking surprise, because in reality it's extremely unlikely. Amazing revivals of franchises have happened before, so there's a chance, but if you consider all the franchises taht don't get rebooted then you really begin to understand the chances.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

I think they're pointless and a waste of data.

You could say the same thing about a lot of parts of BZP. I personally get a lot out of them, and they're some of the only genuine two-way discussion about BIONICLE that is still going on. In fact, I think a lot of discussions like "how did you feel about the 2007 sets" are even more pointless, since people there just post opinions they formed years ago, the sets being outdated means that few people who chose not to buy them will ever get those sets and change those opinions, and absolutely nothing new can come out of these discussions since while BIONICLE's eventual return is still a possibility, there will never be a new 2007 BIONICLE set.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think we can translate LEGOR's post as "they don't interest me", which is fine. :) And yes, all discussion on BZP has a point to those interested in it. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

Here´s an idea, guys. Instead of arguing about whether BIONICLE will return or not, why not simply wait a few years and see? :P-Gata signoff.jpg

Agreed. Arguing about it isn't going to change anything, whichever way it goes.
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Here´s an idea, guys. Instead of arguing about whether BIONICLE will return or not, why not simply wait a few years and see? :P-Gata signoff.jpg

Agreed. Arguing about it isn't going to change anything, whichever way it goes.
Yes, I agree.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Along with the "It's pointless" crowd, I should also point to the Gargoyles and Firefly fandoms. They still do things, and their series have been gone for much longer than Bionicle. But neither have their series come back. ;)

Edited by Superkid11

It's an old topic that everyone has an opinion on. And since most everyone has posted on at least one such topic, the point of it is now moot.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

There seems to have been a general change in attitude.

This is basically the one universal rule on BZP, and probably most fansites for anything -- however negative initial reactions are, they at least mellow a bit if you give it time. Most people don't know the secret art of instant, thorough appreciation for change. :) But we do tend to learn it with experience, heh.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think the debate is pointless, because the solid statement has always been that if it does return, it won't be for a very long time. And I doubt any of us will still be interested if that moment comes.Obviously the whole debate is spawned by the hope that perhaps it will suddenly come back very soon. But I prefer to be realistic, that way if it did come back I could say "Hey, it did come back quick, what are the odds?" as opposed to "I told you so."

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

One does not see the future through the eyes of a trivial debate. Time will tell, friends. Wait.

I use these debates as more of an insight into the past, actually. Mainly I ponder what made BIONICLE successful, what made it stop being successful, how/whether that decline could have been averted, and finally whether, in the event of a revival, that decline would or would not occur again. BIONICLE's potential return would be tied into these questions, and while we can only speculate whether or not it will ever come back, understanding how and why LEGO ended the theme gives us more insight into how they might go about reviving it.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

One does not see the future through the eyes of a trivial debate. Time will tell, friends. Wait.

I use these debates as more of an insight into the past, actually. Mainly I ponder what made BIONICLE successful, what made it stop being successful, how/whether that decline could have been averted, and finally whether, in the event of a revival, that decline would or would not occur again. BIONICLE's potential return would be tied into these questions, and while we can only speculate whether or not it will ever come back, understanding how and why LEGO ended the theme gives us more insight into how they might go about reviving it.
But you can only guess what will occur based on evidence, you are not seeing the future. :lol:

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

I think they're mainly pointless, since LEGO doesnt care about what peopple wants or not

Right... I guess they spend so much money conducting surveys, doing focus group testing, analyzing sales statistics, and even doing anthropological research just because they have money to burn, then. :glare:Of course, most people don't take part in these debates hoping to convince TLG to act one way or the other. If we thought the debates would accomplish this then perhaps TLG shouldn't care about what we think since we're clearly out-of-touch with reality. But in reality, most of the people involved in these debates (as far as I'm aware) are just interested in analyzing the possible scenarios of BIONICLE's return for themselves.

It is mostly pointless. LEGO has paid attention to the fanbase, but ultimately what percentage of the fans does BZP occupy? Or those who want it back? Is it enough that if they brought it back it would make a profit?It's all about the money. Simple as that.

AΨ 94

I think there needs to be some consideration as to the target demographic of a potential BIONICLE relaunch. Look at the BZP birthdays list on any given day. >50% of the birthdays listed are above the age of 20. When BIONICLE was created, many of us were only kids, and those kids are now university students or older. We're hardcore fans to still be visiting and posting on these boards after BIONICLE has ended as a line. A lot of people grow out of LEGO as they grow older, so what age group could a BIONICLE relaunch target? The age group of the original fans, now grown up?Look at the 2001 line of BIONICLE Sets. This seems to target a large age range due to the sets released-you have "Toa" action figures and you also have complex builds present in the form of the larger rahi sets like the Muaka+Kane-Ra and the Tarakava. You'd be counting on 20-30 year olds who bought into BIONICLE as children to come back and purchase sets. Now, to me personally, I'd love this. This would be awesome. With this target demographic, you'd be able to justify creating incredibly complex, intricate sets. Who wouldn't like that? I would love to see what BIONICLE would have looked like if it stayed a part of the TECHNIC line, and the sets stayed in the same vein as the 2001 Rahi. As a kid, I purchased BIONICLE sets BECAUSE they were originally from the technic line. TECHNIC is timeless and engages an enormous audience.The problem is, as I said, the general trend is that people grow out of LEGO as they grow older, as a significant majority view LEGO as a kid's toy. The way I see it, bringing BIONICLE back with TECHNIC as a label on the box is one way to both entertain the kids and captivate the AFOLs, and thus bring back the original large targeted demographic of BIONICLE's origins. After dropping from the TECHNIC line, it became just another action figure line and lost the TECHNIC fans along the way.

61869245.png

• 2 weeks later...