BZP Q&A Contest #1: Answer Questioned, Topic Closed

-Windrider-

BZPower Q&A Contest #1: Answer Questioned, Topic Closed

Welcome to BZPower's first ever Q&A contest! As usual, the members will be the one asking the questions, and the staff will be providing the answers. So, how can this be any different than the usual day-to-day, you ask? Well, to turn things into a contest, there's a little twist: we provide you with the answers first, and you get to come up with the best possible question to match one of them. Here are the answers from which you can choose:

• [*]"I’m not sure what that has to do with it, but in MOST cases, the answer is maybe."[*]"There is a precedent, but we don’t talk about that - so, yes, as long as it’s not too large."[*]"He was joking. The rules clearly state that it is allowed in most cases; this one is uncertain."

We have made the answers intentionally ambiguous, so let your imagination run wild. Just please try to keep your entry questions BZPower related - this is BZPower Q&A, after all.Please pick only one answer to which to respond. Entries will therefore be separated into three "categories," and one winner will be announced from each.Entry Period:Entries will be accepted from April 1st until April 8th at 11:59 PM Eastern.Entry Form:Please fill out this form and post it in this topic to enter.Member Name:Answer/Entry Category:Entry Question:Example:Member Name: -Windrider-Answer/Entry Category: 2Entry Question: Are there maximum dimensions for Flash files in posts? (Really boring and not witty at all, but you get the idea.)Entry Requirements:Entry questions must be BZPower-related. That means no "nonsense" questions may be entered. The answers provided may be ambiguous, but that doesn't mean your questions should be utterly random. Be creative! Be witty!There is no minimum or maximum length but please be reasonable. Brevity may be the key to an entry question's success, so I would advise against making your entry, say, a paragraph long. On the other end of things, sentence fragments are always no fun.General Rules:You may submit up to one entry per day in any category.Unauthorized edits made to your entry are not allowed once you have submitted it. Please check your question over for any errors before making that post!Entries are to be posted in this topic, and in this topic only. That is, no entry topics are allowed. You may use your sig and/or your blog to advertise your entry, but I do not want this forum to become cluttered, since it will still serve its purpose as a Q&A forum for the duration of the contest.No mass-advertising your entry through PM or other means. PMs amongst you and your friends are fine, but nothing more. If you receive an unsolicited advertisement PM, please report it.No cheating! We will catch you if you modify your entry question after you have submitted it, and we will disqualify you.Voting:Voting will take place in polls. The number of rounds will depend on the amount of entries we receive. If there are, say two rounds, here is the predicted schedule schedule:Semifinal voting should begin on April 9th and end on April 11th.Final voting should begin on April 12th and end on April 14th.Prizes:What are the prizes, you ask? Well, that is...a good question.pccool.gifHosts, Assistants, and Conduct:Your hosts are -Windrider- and Velox.Your assistant is 55555.This topic will be left open for contest discussion, and while discussion is indeed encouraged, we expect everyone to conduct him or herself professionally. That means no spamming, no flaming, no whining, etc. It could hurt your standing in the contest! In addition, please do not try to "play moderator." If you have issues with someone's behavior, someone's entry, or anything, please do not post about it. You can PM any of the four of us, and we can sort things out privately.If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the three of us, or simply post it in this topic.Now go get questioning!

Edited by -Windrider-

What a creative contest! I never expected one from this forum of all places, so props to you guys for thinking of it. It'll be interesting to see the amusing and creative responses people can come up with.~B~

This is the most creative contest I have ever seen. Brilliant, Wind. :D Can staff members besides hosts and assistants participate, too? :)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I hope this goes on beyond April Fool's day, because I'm looking forward to seeing the entries.

Oh no, I totally forgot about April Fools. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/annoyed2.gif Please, Wind, let this not be a mere April Fools joke, this is too awesome to be wasted as a prank! :(You know, if we manage to gather as many entries as possible, we could have BBC #42 all over again. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hmmm, interesting. I'll see what I can think of.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Unless there's another April Fool's prank, this is probably it. I mean, think about it, it stinks of April Fool's. But I have not entered yet, so if it is, let it be known that I am no April Fool.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Can staff members besides hosts and assistants participate, too? :)-Gata signoff.jpg

Yes, this contest is open to every and all members, regardless of "stafficity." newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I propose that even if this is an April Fools' Day joke, we all submit questions anyways. This looks far too much fun not to.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

In view of the hilarious responses my mind has currently concocted, if this is a joke, it is one well served. :)Member Name: fishers64Answer/Entry Question: 3Entry Question: Am I allowed to make a birthday topic for Captain Kirk on the applicable day therof?(There is indeed a BZP member named Captain Kirk. Look it up.):)

If this IS the April Fools prank, then while it IS imaginative, we've done the whole "new crazy contest as an april fools prank" thing before, and in that case it actually turned into a full blown contest lol.

{Z}

Member Name: ParadoxophobiaAnswer/Entry Category: 3Entry Question: I distinctly remember someone saying that it was allowed to send a PM to every staff member with nothing but a funny picture of a cat and the words 'Yo, dawg' on April Fool's Day.My question is: Are you absolutely sure that 'Yo, dawg' is the best thing you can put in it? I mean, can't I write 'LOL YOUR SO AWESOME'?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Umm, I have another question. ^^' You see, my question is pretty ambiguous, so I wanted to know what defines BZP-related? Also, to the answers to the questions have to be truthful and match the actual rules of the forums?Thanks for your answers in advance!

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

This looks like it will be an interesting contest. (Assuming its not a April Fools prank. :P) Well, here goes my entry....Member Name: The Smoke MonsterAnswer/Entry Category: 3Entry Question: Am I able to post a 'congratulations' topic for the next member who reaches 10,000 posts?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Member name: Kahu Rider 13Answer/Entry Category: 2Entry Question: I'm currently working on a brand new comedy, but I'd like to obtain clarification on the rules before I post it. I wish to include the text "Do NOT bypass the word filter. -B6" in one of my chapters, to make it appear as though Black Six has edited it, for added humour. Would this be allowed?

Edited by Kahu Rider 13

Member Name: cooldynamyteproductionsAnswer/Entry Category: 3Entry Question: Help! I want to make a comedy that has "LOL!" and "cool,bro",but is this allowed?

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Member Name: ~JC~Answer/Entry Category: 2. "There is a precedent, but we don’t talk about that - so, yes, as long as it’s not too large."Entry Question: Would it be wrong of me to donate my entire savings to BZPower to keep you mods quiet about that whole business back in CoT?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Entry Question: Is this an April Fools prank? :PNah, I'm joking. This seems rather strange yet intriguing on the same token, so it might turn out to have interesting results. Not being a Q&A junkie myself, I don't plan on entering the contest, although I wish luck to the participants. Assuming this isn't a joke. =P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

One entry per day, you say?Member Name: Electric TurahkAnswer/Entry Category: 1Entry Question: Am I allowed a picture of two guys kissing in my sig? I see scantily clad girls, so I figured why not this?~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

If I missed anyone's questions, please post them again.

Umm, I have another question. ^^' You see, my question is pretty ambiguous, so I wanted to know what defines BZP-related? Also, to the answers to the questions have to be truthful and match the actual rules of the forums?Thanks for your answers in advance!

1. Basically it just should have something to do with BZPower like any question that is asked in this forum. If you have an idea that you're unsure about, feel free to PM me.2. No, they do not. Of course, they do need to be appropriate and follow BZP's rules in that sense, though.

By "one entry per day" does that mean we can submit up to 15 entries per member?

Yes. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Welp, looks like I'm being part of a community and participating in the best contest ever, yikes.Member Name: PhyoohriiAnswer/Entry Category: 1Entry Question: So will the prize actually be a "good question"?signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

Member Name: Blade: Sodium HypochloriteAnswer/Entry Category: 2Entry Question: Are there any real size limits to posts? Since there are limits for avatars, banners, signatures, blog titles, topic titles, member names, comments, join dates, member IDs, comedies, and pretty much everything else under the sun. So, would, say, a post that has over 9000, bordering on 100,000 characters be allowed?

Member Name: Ddude the InsaneEntry Question: I feel like I was disrespected by someone in the Bionicle RPG Forum. Is it okay if I raid Square Enix headquarters?Answer/Entry Category: 1

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm.