What Do You Miss Most

Rarity

Same as The Smoke Monster. I miss the story. I'd like some new serial chapters.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

I miss the storyline and the animations. :( I know they stopped doing animations in 2007, but I miss them nonetheless. I also miss the games, but there have been good LEGO games outside BIONICLE, too, so that´s not too big of a deal.-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hard to say what I miss most about BIONICLE. Probably the way it used to inspire me creatively, even though it's not as though Hero Factory and Ninjago inspire me less-- I've just become an awful lot more critical of my own work as I've grown up. Even when BIONICLE was nearing an end and I hadn't moved on to other themes, it was impossible for me to ignore the fact that I was drawing less fan art and writing less fan fiction than I once had. So I likely would "miss" this same thing even if BIONICLE had kept going.As for things that I miss about the theme that really did have to do with it going away... I've got nothing. I'm enjoying the Hero Factory sets as much or more than the BIONICLE sets that preceded them, and together with Ninjago it fills the void left by the ending of the BIONICLE story. I guess one thing BIONICLE had that Hero Factory and Ninjago both sort of lack is that level of interaction between creators and fans we had in the golden days of Ask Greg. But then again, we've had designer videos for the Ninjago sets showing off their features, and a Hero Factory video giving us insight into the new building system. There are also Ninjago and Hero Factory designers with an internet presence on some AFOL sites, even though sadly BZPower seems to have mostly lost the close ties it once had with TLG.

The story. While constraction sets continue - albeit under a new title - the story of Hero Factory is still highly lacking in the richness and depth of world building that was put into BIONICLE.I also miss our interactions with Greg.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

...About Bionicle?I really miss the books.

I read this in Rarity's voice.Sometimes I miss the sets. Other times, I miss the storyline. Mostly the storyline.I also miss the fact that this site wasn't so argumentative when Bionicle was up. We felt like a community. Now, we're just separated into a bunch of niches and fan bases and explode against each other whenever we get the chance. Some are trying to force Hero Factory into people.And what Tilius said. Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I read this in Rarity's voice.Sometimes I miss the sets. Other times, I miss the storyline. Mostly the storyline.I also miss the fact that this site wasn't so argumentative when Bionicle was up. We felt like a community. Now, we're just separated into a bunch of niches and fan bases and explode against each other whenever we get the chance. Some are trying to force Hero Factory into people.And what Tilius said.
I kind of disagree. Yes, when BIONICLE was around this site had a clearer focus, but that meant fans of other themes were sort of marginalized. Sure, you could like themes other than BIONICLE, but the end of BIONICLE made it startlingly clear that there were some who wouldn't accept any opinions other than that BIONICLE was TLG's best and most successful theme of all time, and others who were firmly of the belief that BIONICLE had ended because of the changes that "ruined" it.Meanwhile, there were still arguments all the time about things ranging from "quality of new sets" to "quality of Greg's writing" to "what colors should/shouldn't come back". Say that you preferred the Toa Inika masks to the Toa Mahri masks or that you thought Toa Mahri Kongu looked like Kongu should and you'd face about as much backlash as a person in the aftermath of BIONICLE's cancellation would for suggesting that cancelling BIONICLE was probably the best decision given the circumstances.The aftermath of BIONICLE's cancellation was indeed chaotic, so much so that I left the site for a long time. I came back when the downtime ended and overall I think the end of BIONICLE might have been a good thing for the community as a whole. It gave people a stronger sense of perspective. Before BIONICLE ended, AFOLs tended to look down on BIONICLE, and these criticisms were largely ignored by the BZPower community. I think now BIONICLE fans understand that the BIONICLE theme, and consequently the BIONICLE fandom, was always just one part of a bigger picture.And ironically I think this makes BZPower a lot more understanding than some other LEGO fansites. We're now used to having our favorite themes marginalized by others, and so we're willing to pay more attention to themes that AFOLs may deride as too far from "traditional LEGO". That's one reason I feel BIONICLE has plenty of potential as a general LEGO site: it's a "safe haven" for fans of themes that break from the mainstream. This has always been the case on BZPower, with LEGO General Discussion's most active topics often involving story themes like Exo-Force and Knights' Kingdom. But with the long-standing BIONICLE theme out of the picture, this openness to new or radical ideas has moved to the forefront.I've never seen any major attempts to force Hero Factory or any other theme down people's throats since I came back after the downtime, except from a few members who fail to realize (ironically, like most HF/BIONICLE haters in AFOLdom) that BIONICLE and Hero Factory do have meaningful differences. But for the most part, I feel people on the post-downtime BZPower are more accustomed to understanding the differences in the things people liked about BIONICLE, and how those differences can lead to interest or disinterest in other LEGO themes.

I read this in Rarity's voice.Sometimes I miss the sets. Other times, I miss the storyline. Mostly the storyline.I also miss the fact that this site wasn't so argumentative when Bionicle was up. We felt like a community. Now, we're just separated into a bunch of niches and fan bases and explode against each other whenever we get the chance. Some are trying to force Hero Factory into people.And what Tilius said.
I kind of disagree. Yes, when BIONICLE was around this site had a clearer focus, but that meant fans of other themes were sort of marginalized. Sure, you could like themes other than BIONICLE, but the end of BIONICLE made it startlingly clear that there were some who wouldn't accept any opinions other than that BIONICLE was TLG's best and most successful theme of all time, and others who were firmly of the belief that BIONICLE had ended because of the changes that "ruined" it.Meanwhile, there were still arguments all the time about things ranging from "quality of new sets" to "quality of Greg's writing" to "what colors should/shouldn't come back". Say that you preferred the Toa Inika masks to the Toa Mahri masks or that you thought Toa Mahri Kongu looked like Kongu should and you'd face about as much backlash as a person in the aftermath of BIONICLE's cancellation would for suggesting that cancelling BIONICLE was probably the best decision given the circumstances.The aftermath of BIONICLE's cancellation was indeed chaotic, so much so that I left the site for a long time. I came back when the downtime ended and overall I think the end of BIONICLE might have been a good thing for the community as a whole. It gave people a stronger sense of perspective. Before BIONICLE ended, AFOLs tended to look down on BIONICLE, and these criticisms were largely ignored by the BZPower community. I think now BIONICLE fans understand that the BIONICLE theme, and consequently the BIONICLE fandom, was always just one part of a bigger picture.And ironically I think this makes BZPower a lot more understanding than some other LEGO fansites. We're now used to having our favorite themes marginalized by others, and so we're willing to pay more attention to themes that AFOLs may deride as too far from "traditional LEGO". That's one reason I feel BIONICLE has plenty of potential as a general LEGO site: it's a "safe haven" for fans of themes that break from the mainstream. This has always been the case on BZPower, with LEGO General Discussion's most active topics often involving story themes like Exo-Force and Knights' Kingdom. But with the long-standing BIONICLE theme out of the picture, this openness to new or radical ideas has moved to the forefront.I've never seen any major attempts to force Hero Factory or any other theme down people's throats since I came back after the downtime, except from a few members who fail to realize (ironically, like most HF/BIONICLE haters in AFOLdom) that BIONICLE and Hero Factory do have meaningful differences. But for the most part, I feel people on the post-downtime BZPower are more accustomed to understanding the differences in the things people liked about BIONICLE, and how those differences can lead to interest or disinterest in other LEGO themes.
I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. People had the opportunity to express their fandom all the time. Now, to like Bionicle is practically considered "radical" and "stupid".Now, AFOLs criticisms on Bionicle weren't accepted that much because this was a Bionicle fan site. I don't go to Homestuck forums and tell them how much I dislike the series or something. Now that there is nothing to unify the community, you see an increase in criticism.Bottom line, no one is forcing anyone to accept Bionicle. There never was a metaphorical gun being pointed at anyone's head. I avoid coming to this site now because it's not the same. Too many rude people out here. And the end of Bionicle has increased antagonism, because I certainly did not feel that way (at least not so strongly) before Bionicle ended.

The Krika Show Season 2 

I miss Bionicle appreciation too, and while I respect your opinion Aanchir, isn't what Bionicle what we're all about?How many other Lego lines have spawned sites of this caliber that have continued for 2 years after the line is dead? How many other Lego lines have lasted for 10 years, whether by mistake or design? How many have spawned this detailed a story that members are still finding things to debate about 2 years later?Bionicle is unique. Radical or not, I like Bionicle. And for a site that has or had Bionicle as its first name, I'm surprised at the Bionicle-bashing, direct and indirect, I've seen on here. Bionicle was just another Lego line. Bionicle wasn't profitable. Bionicle story wasn't focused enough around the main plot and should have been shortened. Now I don't think we should be floating along in a sea of blind giddiness...but what is with the negativity? It's over, geez. If you didn't want it around, you can rejoice. :) But maybe you should not rub it in our faces...please?

I miss Bionicle appreciation too, and while I respect your opinion Aanchir, isn't what Bionicle what we're all about?How many other Lego lines have spawned sites of this caliber that have continued for 2 years after the line is dead? How many other Lego lines have lasted for 10 years, whether by mistake or design? How many have spawned this detailed a story that members are still finding things to debate about 2 years later?Bionicle is unique. Radical or not, I like Bionicle. And for a site that has or had Bionicle as its first name, I'm surprised at the Bionicle-bashing, direct and indirect, I've seen on here. Bionicle was just another Lego line. Bionicle wasn't profitable. Bionicle story wasn't focused enough around the main plot and should have been shortened. Now I don't think we should be floating along in a sea of blind giddiness...but what is with the negativity? It's over, geez. If you didn't want it around, you can rejoice. :) But maybe you should not rub it in our faces...please?

I don't think it's radical to like BIONICLE by any means, although I am offended by some members who insinuate that I'm "betraying" BIONICLE by not rallying for its return (no, I'm not talking about you here). BIONICLE was radical itself in that it broke from traditional LEGO themes so greatly. But this I think is something to admire about it, not something to criticize.There was BIONICLE-bashing on BZPower long before the end of BIONICLE was announced. People were more selective about it, of course, but there were plenty of people who felt BIONICLE (either in sets, story, or media) hadn't been any good since 2003. People criticized Greg's writing, the trends of sets moving towards more "action figure" designs, new character names, etc.So I don't think the community is that much more divided here than it used to be. We're just more aware of the things that divide us. As I mentioned, people liked different things about the theme in the first place, and with the theme gone this difference that has always been with us becomes apparent through how we as individuals fill the void-- whether with fanart and fanfiction, with other themes, or with other fandoms entirely.

The aftermath of BIONICLE's cancellation was indeed chaotic, so much so that I left the site for a long time. I came back when the downtime ended and overall I think the end of BIONICLE might have been a good thing for the community as a whole. It gave people a stronger sense of perspective. Before BIONICLE ended, AFOLs tended to look down on BIONICLE, and these criticisms were largely ignored by the BZPower community. I think now BIONICLE fans understand that the BIONICLE theme, and consequently the BIONICLE fandom, was always just one part of a bigger picture.

Okay, Just wanted to say something that I thought when I read this particular paragraph, Aanchir. The end of BIONICLE and the Bio fandom finding out that there was more to the realm of LEGO, isn't that just like the Matoran? Their universe, that they had worked so hard to protect, preserve, and keep alive, eventually came to an end in the Comics/Books/etc. They had to step out of the realm they had been a part of for so long, only to discover that it was just a minscule piece of a much larger universe, inhabited by many different groups.I think that this may be part of the reason for the end of BIONICLE. We, as a fanbase, had become so focused on BIONICLE, that we had nearly forgotten that other great LEGO products existed. Not only was it a good business decision, but for most of us fans, it was a good decision in general.

I miss everything from 2001 to 2003. The comics, history, games, sets, pictures. And most of all the simplicity.

Ta-Qath
W hen I was little, I played with the figures and the games.
I love all the old Bionicle stuff, but the new is.. pretty bad, I think.
One day, I looked back. Remembered the games. The sounds. The feelings and fun..
I missed the memories, and I wish, that I could go back in time.

The Mata Nui game is awesome. I wish, that the second was more like that.
I only like year 1 and 2.. There, I said it.

Story, certain sets (The Rahkshi fascinate me to this day, they sometimes make me wish for their "evolved" counterparts: The Vahki, but the Rahkshi I do have brings me plenty of fun.), and the MINI MOVIES. Proper mini movies, which reached their peak at 2007. If I could see something that epic done with 2008 (Mata Nui Rising was cool, but very few details, and an annoying narrator.), that would be amazing.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Mainly the story. That was what really drew me in to Bionicle, and eventually to this very website.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Probably the whole excitement over leaked set images, and then the search for getting them early and such. Good times.- Tilius

Man, those were the days. I remember when the Inika came out and I did that.I for one, miss the thrill of going out and buying a brand-new BIONICLE set, the general babble and feel of excitement as I was driven back home, then running up to my room, opening it and building it, and feeling that life wasn't so bad after all.Granted, I do that with like every set I get too, but it was more nostalgic and it just felt great with BIONICLE sets. I remember when I was much younger, and after I built each set, I would introduce them to the other sets. Good times... good times.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I don't think it's radical to like BIONICLE by any means, although I am offended by some members who insinuate that I'm "betraying" BIONICLE by not rallying for its return (no, I'm not talking about you here). BIONICLE was radical itself in that it broke from traditional LEGO themes so greatly. But this I think is something to admire about it, not something to criticize.There was BIONICLE-bashing on BZPower long before the end of BIONICLE was announced. People were more selective about it, of course, but there were plenty of people who felt BIONICLE (either in sets, story, or media) hadn't been any good since 2003. People criticized Greg's writing, the trends of sets moving towards more "action figure" designs, new character names, etc.So I don't think the community is that much more divided here than it used to be. We're just more aware of the things that divide us. As I mentioned, people liked different things about the theme in the first place, and with the theme gone this difference that has always been with us becomes apparent through how we as individuals fill the void-- whether with fanart and fanfiction, with other themes, or with other fandoms entirely.
Still, there's this excess negativity that you cannot ignore. Like I said, back then we had something to unify us. Now, whatever's left of Bionicle is constantly being rejected by plenty of members on this site. Like Fisher said, everyone is shoving the 'lack' of Bioncle down the other's throats. Of course, I'm not saying that it is forbidden to move on from Bionicle to other interests (as if you were obsessed with Bionicle in the first place, which is wrong), or to say what you disliked. It's just the excess of negativity that tires people like Fisher and I. If it's over and you're happy about it, go rejoice on your own.Anyways, I think I agree with a lot of the recent posters. The storyline, anticipating updates, new sets, looking at leaked set pictures, speculating what would be next...good times...good times.... Edited by MakutaKlak

The Krika Show Season 2 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the whole excitement over leaked set images, and then the search for getting them early and such. Good times.- Tilius

Likewise. I still get a bit of a kick out of HF sets, but not as much of a mystical feel as the BIONICLE sets gave me.My main concern is the death of the story -- and just when it was getting really interesting, too -- but I take heart in the concept of continuing it (that is to say, filling in plot holes) with my own writing.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I miss the leaked images and the ToyFair reports, our first glance at every new wave of sets and saying how awesome they look, which one we're buying first, etc.

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

I miss... not that much at all. Most of the stuff I enjoyed in BIONICLE was the sets, and I've easily found new themes that I really enjoy, like Ninjago, Dino, or Alien Conquest.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Probably the fact that with it here, there was a lack of enmity between people. Although it's died down considerably since 2010, there's still so much tension between the self-entitled BBBIONICLE fans and those who hate the entire mindset of bringing it back. The in-betweeners just sort of...chime in at random times regarding the issue I guess. I am just as guilty of this, few of us are not. It's gotten really tiring.I kind of miss the times when we were all arguing over more trite stuff.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png