What Do You Miss Most

Rarity

I miss the sets, mostly because due to the fail quality of pieces the last few years, I need replacements that I can't find anymore because TLG has stopped making parts. feelsbadman.jpg

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

• 4 weeks later...

Bionicle is one of those things that cannot be boiled down to components. An MOC is not judged by the usefulness of its components, a person is not judged by seperate aspects. Rather, all of Bionicle, not just simply sets or story, is what I miss. It's the awesomeness. The suspense before the new year's Bionicle is released. The awe at the new sets. The difference from all other Lego. The way nine years worked together and cumulated into greatness.

aouROFb.png

Like everyone, I miss the story. I miss all of the suspense building and mystery that was seen in the first few years.Ya know, the underground tunnels and stuff filled with ancient symbols and monsters of legend, the teasing of a great destiny to save Mata Nui, watching the Toa explore the vast wildernesses of that elliptical-shaped island.That stuff.

-Thisisanoriginalsignature-

I guess what I miss most is the eager anticipation of the new sets ("What will they look like? When will they come out?"), and the excitement when you finally find the set you've been hoping for.And the movies (yes, I really enjoyed them), and the mini games on the Lego website.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Basically everything before 06. The gears that made the characters move, the sense of revelation and discovery... And now I'm sad.

"Let me guess: my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

You know, the sets I can live without, but I miss the storyline. Gave it so much depth. :/ And not so much the serials, but definitely all the visual aids like the artwork and games (i.e. MNOLG) and comics. I liked those the best.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

My money?I love the sets, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I wonder if it was wasted on money I could have saved on things for jewelry that I could have made profit from, or even for the future when I'm older. Not that I necessarily paid for most of my sets, but those I did pay for were the more expensive ones as compared to the cheaper sets....That aside, I probably miss the sets, despite the rising prices on them. I didn't pay that much attention to the storyline, due to the fact it got way too confusing near the end.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I miss how much more alive BZPower was when BIONICLE was still around.[QQQQ]
To be perfectly honest, I do too. Don't get me wrong, I still love BZP, but I feel like it's now a shadow of what it used to be. I consider my first couple years here something of a Golden Age...Anyway, that, and the storyline. I remember missing the MNOLG Flash animations after they stopped doing them. I just miss how great and in-depth the story was. It had me hooked and was a major part of my childhood.

I miss how much more alive BZPower was when BIONICLE was still around.[QQQQ]
To be perfectly honest, I do too. Don't get me wrong, I still love BZP, but I feel like it's now a shadow of what it used to be. I consider my first couple years here something of a Golden Age...Anyway, that, and the storyline. I remember missing the MNOLG Flash animations after they stopped doing them. I just miss how great and in-depth the story was. It had me hooked and was a major part of my childhood.
Agreed. Funnily enough, I use the same term to describe such a time. :lol: For me, the Golden Age of the online Bionicle community was between '06 and '09, when the storyline began to hit its climax.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I avoid coming to this site now because it's not the same. Too many rude people out here. And the end of Bionicle has increased antagonism, because I certainly did not feel that way (at least not so strongly) before Bionicle ended.
I actually kind of agree with that... I left the site for almost a year because I felt it was so chaotic. That, and a lot of flaming and harassment I got wasn't very helpful either. Once the line was cancelled, that's when things got crazy and out of hand. Things definitely changed.What I miss a lot was the storyline. There was a lot of depth and substance to the characters. I still remember the days I used to spend reading the comics. Granted, they weren't as detailed as the books, but I liked reading them never the less. And when the books cam out, I enjoyed them as well and I loved reading them. I remember sometimes I'd read the entire thing in about 2 hours or so because I honestly didn't want to stop reading. So in conjunction with the storyline, I also miss the books and comics quite a lot. I also remember the time I'd spend on the games, like the ones in the 2006 story. The Piraka one was very fun for me and I was glad when I got to the end of it. I miss a lot of those games and I wish I could go back and play them again. I also miss the things like the Kanoka club where you could enter codes and get points to earn small prizes, a lot like the Toa Metru games or wall papers. I miss a lot of those, too. I miss a lot of things from the site back in the old days, come to think about it. Especially the old animations, I liked watching those as well. Come to think of it, there's so many things I miss, I'd probably take a while to actually name everything. Those are the big ones, though, and I truly do miss a lot of it. All the time I would spend either reading the comics/books or playing the games on the Bionicle website is now gone and dedicated to something else.

I avoid coming to this site now because it's not the same. Too many rude people out here. And the end of Bionicle has increased antagonism, because I certainly did not feel that way (at least not so strongly) before Bionicle ended.
I actually kind of agree with that... I left the site for almost a year because I felt it was so chaotic. That, and a lot of flaming and harassment I got wasn't very helpful either. Once the line was cancelled, that's when things got crazy and out of hand. Things definitely changed.What I miss a lot was the storyline. There was a lot of depth and substance to the characters. I still remember the days I used to spend reading the comics. Granted, they weren't as detailed as the books, but I liked reading them never the less. And when the books cam out, I enjoyed them as well and I loved reading them. I remember sometimes I'd read the entire thing in about 2 hours or so because I honestly didn't want to stop reading. So in conjunction with the storyline, I also miss the books and comics quite a lot. I also remember the time I'd spend on the games, like the ones in the 2006 story. The Piraka one was very fun for me and I was glad when I got to the end of it. I miss a lot of those games and I wish I could go back and play them again. I also miss the things like the Kanoka club where you could enter codes and get points to earn small prizes, a lot like the Toa Metru games or wall papers. I miss a lot of those, too. I miss a lot of things from the site back in the old days, come to think about it. Especially the old animations, I liked watching those as well. Come to think of it, there's so many things I miss, I'd probably take a while to actually name everything. Those are the big ones, though, and I truly do miss a lot of it. All the time I would spend either reading the comics/books or playing the games on the Bionicle website is now gone and dedicated to something else.
I also had to take a hiatus from the site due to the chaos when BIONICLE ended. Personally, I loved BIONICLE from beginning to end but I also understood the reasons for ending it and the reasons behind Hero Factory's sets and story being how they were. So it was frustrating to see battles between people who were bitter over BIONICLE ending and people who had become cynical about the theme and were happy to see it cancelled. But I think things have gotten a lot better now. There are still people who don't like Hero Factory and people who do, and there are debates between them over whether (for instance) the new building system is better or worse than BIONICLE's Technic-based one. But there's no longer such antagonism between the two parties.Back then, HF fans were often treated as "betraying" BIONICLE and people who remember BIONICLE fondly or who were dissatisfied with the ending got lumped together with those who seemed stuck in the past and refuse to move on. Now, BZPower has gotten to be a little bit more accepting of the fact that people have different tastes in LEGO themes. Some people find the same enjoyment in HF as they found in BIONICLE, while other people prefer themes with a more complex mythology like Ninjago. Some people haven't found any LEGO themes that give them the same enjoyment as BIONICLE and have moved on to non-LEGO interests. All these people can still converse on the same level, and most people have stopped assuming there's one way that people should feel about BIONICLE's end and legacy.

Sets with gears, elements and an incredibly epic story.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

I miss everything from 2001 to 2003. The comics, history, games, sets, pictures. And most of all the simplicity.
I miss the sets, mostly because due to the fail quality of pieces the last few years, I need replacements that I can't find anymore because TLG has stopped making parts. feelsbadman.jpg
If you two aren't HF fans, I'd recommend you at least give it a try, as what you miss about BIONICLE is present there: Simplicity in both sets and story (Although complexity can easily be found in either of you look for it), and the pieces don't break. Period. No strings attached. Edited by Xalen: Shadowed Spirit of

• 3 weeks later...

I don't actually miss the books all that much, so I can't say the entire storyline.What I do miss about the storyline is the web serial part of it. Even as BIONICLE drew to a close, I'd scramble to read the new serial chapters as they came out.I miss the sets too, but the Hero Factory Titans aren't so bad after all. (The HF canister sets, however... are.)~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

This might sound strange, but I miss the Matoran. I enjoyed their distinct personalities, as well as the backstory that they occupied (most prevalent in 2001, but it was still there occasionally). This kind of story was the most entertaining to me, and I always wanted to learn more about Matoran lifestyle. Other than that, I miss the story in general. I miss the suspense, and I'm itching to know why Mavrah is in the Red Star :P