Beat And Rhythm

Toa of Dancing

IC: Heimo In the thick of things as usual, Heimo swiped at a cluster of Dissonance men with his sword. As he did so, a vibration could be heard through the air. It was beautiful, but it was soon permeated by the shrill cries of the men that he had just killed. Heimo sheathed his 'instrument' for a second to allow himself to breathe and regain his composure. Sometimes, Heimo forgot that he needed to breathe. Other men suffered similar problems, often forgetting the most simplest of things. This was the effect of war on men. They weren't simply machines, something that was often forgotten. Soldiers had emotions and they ran deep. Heimo pulled back seeing as some of the Dissonance raiders had been at least pushed back by their efforts. It also appeared that reinforcements would be arriving soon. "Good, I need a break." He told himself.

IC: Waorya / Epic Battle at Ta-Wahi Beach"Now, where were we?" asked Waorya, facing Unov once more, blade at the ready. "Oh, right. You want to kill him. And if you want to kill him, you have to chase him down. And to chase him down, you have to kill me. And you're not gonna kill me."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Skyra - Ta-Wahi Beachhead -Skyra frowned, Unov was wasting time chasing people trying to run away, when he should be focusing on their actual opponents. Skyra stopped his ocarina playing. "Unov, quit playing around with the runners and fight the actual combatants! They'll put up a better fight for you anyway." Skyra then went back to playing his ocarina, creating war music enhanced blasts of wind that exploded on impact.

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC-Grochi-Le-Koro:Grochi sat in Le-Koro, working on a small tune for his Ukulele. It was a sort of melancholy piece...the perfect sort of thing to instill dread in his opponents, before leaving them sitting for the Toa to make short work of. It had a simple chord progression-D minor, C diminished, E7, D minor. Smiling, he began to sing along with it."Battle kills, death it weaves,Killing all your worldly dreams,Its music plays,Its melodies fey,As it saps your life away.Its tune is haunting,The musicians daunting.They begin to kill,To get their fill,Blasting their soundAcross the battleground.The rahi weepAs the bodies grow deep,Warriors smoteBy a single note.A single uttered note.Its tune is haunting,The musicians daunting.They begin to kill,To get their fill,Blasting their soundAcross the battleground."He still felt the lyrics could use some work, but oh well. He was still waiting for a friend of his anyways.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC / Alone:Osgilaed stopped his humming, sickened when he realized he had been humming his song of pain. Not something he liked to bode on. Why did things have to be like this? Why?Because evil persisted. Everywhere evil was lurking. But where on Mata Nui? It had to be somewhere, influencing the tribes however minimally. But there was no proof to this, and it was probably just his paranoia. Still, someone evil had discovered and used the first War Music, unleashing Karzanhi. Karzanhi… how did he know that name? Osgilaed shook his head, what had he just been thinking about? Oh, yes, War Music and how it ravaged a land he had once loved singing for. He wondered if any still remembered him and the silly old tales he had spun through song oh so long ago. Although he didn’t believe Elemental Music to be bad in and of itself, which was the reason he was still in Onu-Koro instead of Kini-Nui with the Dissonance. It was just the destructive War aspect to the Music that had him worried. That needed to be stopped. He tried to remember but failed. Why were they fighting in the first place? Once again, he was happy Onu-Koro mostly kept to itself.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC (Pukano, Onu-wahi): In the deep caverns of Onu-wahi, so deep the few ever trod these shadowed paths, a simple Onu-matroan wandered on ahead, quietly whistling a merry tune. There was nothing magical in the notes, or no more magic than music always has. It was simply music, as it had been in the days before Sargune's discovery. It soothed the being's mind, which, at the moment, was not nearly so jovial.The music of the surface-dwellers had reached him and intruded upon his existance. It held power, power unlike his own, but was it worth breaking his long isloation to discover? He was a solitary being, preferring the quiet rhythms of nature over the melodies of other beings' voices. Lost in thought, the he wandered on through the deep places of Mata Nui.IC (Kona, battlefield): Charging along with the rest of the Dissonance army, Kona trigger his mask power to protect him from the cacophony of murder before him. A field of silence expanded out from his kanohi shelek, creating an area no music could reach. As the armies clashed together, he found himself near a toa of fire who was harassing several of his Dissonance allies. The toa of ice sent a blast of withering cold at the ta-koronan warrior. It was of such force that even the bloodsoaked grass at his feet was frozen solid, encrusted in a crimson skin.OOC: That's Heimo, John Carter.IC (Weta and Lema, Northern Le-wahi): A gukko bird dove down of the the bright clouds and skimmed the surface of Lake Pala with its claws. It was joined a second later by a green-armoured toa who sped through the air, bellyflopped into the water and came up spluttering."Puh!" he splashed. "Ever-wet and nasty-cold!"The gukkos's rider just laughed at him. "Easy Lema, just a bit more parctise and you'll be flying like a kewa"."Nah, that's your trick, Weta" the soaked toa laughed back. "You know I wind-fly like a hoi turtle". Using the power of his mask, he once again took to the air, flying alongside his toa-brother's gukko."However" Weta responded, and signalled his bird to rise back up through the air. "You can go swimming with the turtles some other time. Let's get back up and watch-keep. We wouldn't want anybody sneaking into the wahi when most of our battle-fighters are gone to Ta-wahi."So saying, the pair flew over the treetops of Le-wahi, keeping a lookout for any who intended their koro harm.IC (Kuba, Po-wahi): "AND STAY OUT!" the huge toa bellowed after the retreating beings. He strummed a few boulders after them just to be sure. Not much earlier, he had caught sight of a small party of Matoran suspiciously close to the village of stone. He didn't recognise them as part of his village. Maybe they were just a party of traders, or maybe they were spies(!), out to infiltrate Po-koro. He didn't particularly care, and chased them out of the wahi anyway. Now, as he stopmed back through Tiro Canyon, he grinned as he remembered the looks of terror on their faces.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC, Po-Koro, AfternoonA series of melodious minor-key arpeggios drifted above the huts of Po-Koro.Kynaera sat idly by the doorway of one hut in particular, traveling up and down the note range of her glockenspiel. No licks of fire flew through the air in response to her playing. She wasn't fighting, no sir; she was playing her instrument for fun.Several passers-by moved quickly by her, as if afraid she would attack them out of nowhere. She had stared back at them with a stoic, uninterested expression until they had departed while playing all the while. There's nothing wrong with having a little fun, is there? she thought.With one of her glockenspiel hammers, she paused an arpeggio to knock on the hut's door again. Dorian was taking a long time to answer, probably because he was stuck at his piano, Kynaera thought with a grin. Ah, Dorian.OOC: That's your cue, Spawn.

IC (Ta-Wahi Beach): Ah war, a glorious melody of carnage. Greal wondered who'd said that, or if he'd made it up himself. Oh who cared. He was using his Kualsi to teleport into the sky, popping to a different location higher up every time he started to fall. From this high ground he could use his bells to rain arrows of fire down on...well anyone really. Greal wasn't picky

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:The construct of air dropped a crushed Matoran from it's jaws, turning to Unov and Waorya. Quwaro lowered the pace, observing from his vantage point the two combatants, then resumed his playing. The semi-human thing itself paused in turn, aimed its eyeless head towards them, and then leapt into the air upon its wings. With a slight change of tune, the construct pulled a spear out of it's own mass, then threw the solid air towards Waorya.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

OOC: Anyone help?IC - RektaThe Matoran took a blast of water to the head. Luckily it was sharp or all too powerful, but it broke his concentration. The wall behind him toppled over, about to crush his head...

OOC: Indeed. IC (Battlefield): Trakuda ducked under a falling Toa and vaulted over a deceased Turaga, sprinting through the heat of battle, half for an adrenaline rush, and half because it was the quickest way to where he wanted to go. Which was anywhere except battle. Granted, he didn't understand himself sometimes.On his run, he noticed someone about to be crushed by a wall. He'd never taken a role in the conflict before, but hey, one less life lost can't be a bad thing. Bringing his flute to his mouth as he ran, the Matoran played a fairly steep wedge of ice into existence, which held up the wall and prevented it from falling further."Get out of there!" he called as he whizzed past.

IC (Onu-Wahi, above ground): Elreg walked slowly across the badlands that made up most of Onu-Wahi. It was slightly more hospitable than Po-Wahi, with more plants and small Rahi, but it was still hot. Admittedly, there was no longer any safe place to live with the Tribes constantly fighting themselves and the Dissonance. The Matoran was never sure if each day was either going to be uneventful and safe, or filled with more excitement than he could handle and eventually kill him.A gust of wind kicked sand into the air and Elreg brought up his scarf over his mask. He didn't mind the heat too much after his years living in Le-Koro. The temperature might not have been as high, but there was a lot more moisture in the air, which was equally unpleasant.Elreg continued his slow march toward Ga-Wahi, not out of any desire to visit the village there, but because his only other option would have been to travel through Ko-Wahi. With each step that he took, he knew that he was sending vibrations thorugh the tunnels that lay under his feet and he was hoping that Onu-Matoran would ignore him. A bit foolish, but he didn't much of a choice.

Edited by Tafu

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: Dorian (Po-Koro)A series of piano keys, beautifully haunting yet uplifting at the same time, drifted calmly through the open window, meeting passersby outside and enveloping them in warmth and security. They were shocked at first, then fearful, then content, then happy, as the music purified their thoughts and hearts temporarily. Smiling and laughing, they went about their days, and an extremely handsome young Toa of Air looked out the window and smiled slightly.A gust of air pushed open the door, nudging Kynaera in the shoulder slightly."Have you forgotten you stole the spare key to my house?" a soft voice came from within. "You can always come in when you want to."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Miha - Le-KoroMiha grinned as she plucked a leaf from her plant, examining it to make sure she could use it, then putting it in a pouch in her satchel."Battle kills, death it weaves, Killing all your worldly dreams, Its music plays, Its melodies fey, As it saps your life away."Miha looked up to see the singer of this music, noting the Matoran creating a new song. She shrugged and went back to harvesting her medical leaves.Its tune is haunting, The musicians daunting. They begin to kill, To get their fill, Blasting their sound Across the battleground.Miha smiled, at least this Matoran wasn't bothering her. In fact, she kinda liked the song. It was a little morbid, but nice.The rahi weep As the bodies grow deep, Warriors smote By a single note. A single uttered note.Miha went back to work, humming along with the song now, plucking the rest of the leaves from the plants.Its tune is haunting, The musicians daunting. They begin to kill, To get their fill, Blasting their sound Across the battleground."Miha smiled as the song finished, wiping a drop of sweat from her brow as she stood up, having also finished what she was doing. She started over towards the Matoran, to learn who exactly he was.

Edited by 'Da Boss: BioBeast

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC:Miha - Le-Koro"Quite nice, and you?" Miha responded. "I couldn't help but notice the music you were just composing. Beautiful piece of work by the way."OOC:Before you say, 'But it was a song supposed to inspire dread in people' let me just say right now, that Miha has an odd sense of Musical Taste. :P

OOC: Just because it's supposed to inspire dread doesn't mean it can't be beautiful at the same time. :PIC-Grochi:"Rather good, myself," Grochi said. "I'm waiting for a friend." Then he smiled. "And thanks for the compliment. Although, I still feel a need to work on the lyrics." He shrugged, and pulled out a small flask of water to drink from.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:Miha - The one Jungle Village of AirMiha shrugged. "I'm no expert, but it seemed fine to me. The Lyrics seemed to blend in with the melody(Or, at least I would assume since I can't hear the melody...) quite well to an untrained ear.

IC - RektaRekta nodded gratefully at the creator of the wedge of ice that saved him by moments. He burst out of the way as he was told, just as the ice wedge collapsed. Most of the enemies had moved on, but two stayed behind. He ended them with an eighth-note tune. He rushed over to Trakuda."Thank you, stranger. I owe you my life."He took a knee, bowing his head in respect. Standing again, he raised his Bassoon. "This let's me control the battle aspect of my element," he gestured to the Clarinet strapped in two pieces at his waist, "that let's me control the practical aspect of air to a great degree."A smile- though it was more animalistic than warm -came upon his face. He didn't pledge his allegiance to the Dissonance, but he would fight for them today."What say we give our enemies an icy wind?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: "None here are my enemies, but if it will help end the conflict today, then let's do it." Trakuda replied, bringing his flute back to his lips, and began to play a proud, victorious tune, cooling the air around them and causing a few snowflakes to materialise and drift to the ground. Once his new ally used his own power, it would create a blizzard of sorts.

IC: Deazthria / Battlefield, OverlookingThe undead puppet rose its hand, and two dead Dissonance warriors began kicking about, rising back to life. A Ta-Koroan soldier shrieked as the duo ripped him to shreds, before shambling across the field.This battle was boring her now. Her conscious slipped out of the undead vessel, and returned back to her own body, hidden in the labyrinthine cave network she called home. She could once again feel all of her minions, spreading out from her home. She could feel the trio she left above surging down into the field with no care for their life; the two down below continuing their massacre for a matter of seconds before being disintegrated in a blast of fire.Oh, the carnage! So intense it was.IC: Waorya / Battlefield"Well? Nothing?!" Waorya shouted, before backing away. "FIne, have it your way!"His eyes intent on his adversary, he began making his way back. Once he had a good enough gap of distance, he ran off after the other two Toa he had encountered.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Kethrye (Ko-Wahi) -Kethrye strolled calmly through the deep snow and slippery ice of the Ko-Wahi mountains. He gazed down the mountain to where the snow and the ice gave way to the green forests of Le-Wahi.Everything was silent apart from the sound of the wind blowing across the frozen landscape and his footsteps echoing over the ice. No beating of drums, no sound of flutes or trumpets punctured the safety of Ko-Wahi.Kethrye grinned a humorless grin. No band of warriors from the Tribes planned on attacking today; At least, not from Le-Wahi. Most of the enemy armies must be off on the other side of the island, engaging the Dissonance's forces. Still, best keep an eye out, he thought, turning his head back toward the path in front of him. You can never be too careful.OOC: Open for interaction.

Edited by BenLuke-116

IC: UnovUnoc ignored the departing Waorya, and resumed his part in the battles, slicing with blades of air.IC: KrayzikkKrayzikk whirled, ready to attack. Then he saw it was only Waorya who was following them. He took his right hand away from the guitar strings.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Waorya / Battlefield"Aye. I usually come here, waiting for the setting sun. Instead I get..."He waved his hand in the direction of the battlefield. A large explosion of earth sent half of a Toa flying in their direction.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Waorya / BattlefieldWaorya moved his head back as a stray ice dagger flew past. "What is your business, if I may ask?"This time his head moved forward to dodge another. He looked to the side and shouted, "Who keeps throwing those?"The Matoran responsible ran off.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Skyra - Ta-Wahi Beachhead -Skyra stopped playing his instrument and surveyed the battlefield. Things seemed to be going in their favor, though they had to be careful, as soon as the Dissonance reinforcements were defeated, who knew if fighting would break out between the tribes again? If that happened, Skyra was gonna make sure things turned out in Le-koro's favor. But first things first, take care of the pesky Dissonance...Skyra began to play his ocarina. He played a rather cheerful and upbeat melody. Though the results would be less so. A gigantic Titan-like being made of air and war music was formed, it held a massive sword, it began to charge straight into the Dissonance forces, swing it's sword in powerful strokes. Rekta and Trakuda just so happened to be in it's path.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Pokorix (Po-Wahi)Cool, crisp notes sounded across the desert. They were notes some may have never heard, because they were not the notes of War Music.. no, these notes didn't have the same tangablilty as War Music. These were notes of sound, nothing more. They were.. music. Pure, untainted music. If one were to zoom in on the player of this music, one would find a Toa of Stone, armored in brown, sitting cross-legged on the sandy ground with his eyes closed. He held a small blue ocarina to his lips, and was playing a simply melody. He looked.. peaceful, unlike most of the population. His name.. was Pokorix.OOC: Character open for interaction. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC, Po-Koro, AfternonKynaera rubbed her shoulder where the door had nudged her, less from the pain and more from the slight surprise of impact. "Call it 'common decency'," she said, standing up and placing her glockenspiel hammers on her belt and holding the glockenspiel itself in her right hand. "Just because I have the spare keys doesn't mean I can barge in whenever I want..." She paused, corrected herself: "Well, it does, but it doesn't mean I should do so."Over the threshold she stepped, closing the door behind her before another burst of air from Dorian could close it. It was an odd sort of competition, trying to out-polite the other, but hey, it was still competition. It kept them sane in the midst of all-out war: Each knew that as long as the other lived, one thing wouldn't change.Translation: Kynaera had tried to justify it for years but had never formulated a good argument."So what're you working on?" she questioned, leaning the glockenspiel against the flower table just inside the door. She stepped around the corner before her; Dorian still was standing by the window. "I've been having trouble writing lyrics recently. I guess it's the war acting on my nerves."

OOC: Where in Po-wahi is Pokorix? If he's anywhere between Tiro Canyon and Po-koro, I can interact.IC (Kuba, Po-wahi): Kuba heard some soft music coming from just over the next dune. It appeared to be a solo piece, so he deduced that it there wasn't a battle going on. Just in case it was being made by more intruders into his wahi, he went over to investigate. What he found was a lone toa of stone, sitting and playing his tune. "Preparing for battle, are we?" he asked. It was always good to see that his people were ready to fight.

ppg2.png