Exo-Force Discussion Topic, Discuss Exo-Force Here

BULiK

The title of the topic seems self-explanitory, and try not to spam :) my favorite exo force character was Ryo, and his epic mechs and tank, whats you favorite character or mech?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

ya, they really didnt even have a climax to the story, i mean, did the sensei guys survive?did mecha 1 win? did our heroes get killed? they left it all in the blank

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

ya, they really didnt even have a climax to the story, i mean, did the sensei guys survive?did mecha 1 win? did our heroes get killed? they left it all in the blank

I started writing a little fanfiction for it which would wrap it up (At least for me), but I keep getting writers block every time I try to continue it.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Man, Exo-Force was quite an interesting theme. I enjoyed it a lot, because of the build style and it came with a good load of useful slope pieces (Along with the light bricks and fiboroptics that I love to use). I think it did well, but the loose story may have been a downside for me.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Exo-Force was awesome. I'll just say that now, so that I don't have to repeat myself later. =P I'm gonna agree with TWA... LEGO had an awesome theme, but started to lose momentum on the story. I don't know if they really had as bad mechs for 2007 as everyone used to think, as I liked them myself(Aero Booster? Amazing set, and I'm still regretting that I never got it. =P); but I think that the '08 mechs were the best, and I use a similar style, though not quite the same. Also, quick question, anyone happen to know the best way a 'rounded' style mech could be created? I'd ask elsewhere, but, well, there aren't any general mech-based topics. =P

I miss Exo-Force. It was a brilliant theme that got killed just as it began to get really interesting. Sigh.

I don't know if they really had as bad mechs for 2007 as everyone used to think, as I liked them myself(Aero Booster? Amazing set, and I'm still regretting that I never got it. =P);

Hey Blade! '07 had the best mechs in my opinion. Shadow Crawler was worth every euro cent I paid for it. -Heat

Hey; didn't recognize your new name. xD Shadow Crawler was pretty good. It's been slowly getting parts scavenged from it, but that's a good thing, IMO; as that's part of why I consider it pretty good. =P Of course, now it'll be harder to put back to the way it was without instructions, but ah well. =P

I never got any of the '06 sets. D= But, I believe the click sockets being used for the arms might've been a good idea, even if it didn't allow as fast movement at times as the ball joints(Only going off experience from the click sockets on the legs, so...) I really liked the Up-Link, however. It was one of the only sets that i could actually replicate before getting any of the sets, so that might have been partly why I liked it so much. =P

Ohh, I remember these. I fully regret never buying any of the sets, now I crave them badly. Like everybody else says, LEGO had a perfect idea (I mean seriously, manga-style mechas in LEGO form? Why not!?) and then killed it slowly.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

I really liked the Up-Link, however. It was one of the only sets that i could actually replicate before getting any of the sets, so that might have been partly why I liked it so much. =P

testify! hes my fav too! and 06, was original, i mean, manga lego refugees vs. manga lego robots with manga lego mech in a SPLIT-IN-HALF mountain? is there anything better than that? actually, there is. manga lego refugees vs. manga lego robots with manga lego mech in a SPLIT-IN-HALF mountain IN A VIDEO GAME but the :censored: at lego never made a console game i'm getting mad Edited by bulik

i loved the first year of exo force but after it just went waaay down mountain (oh god the puns), the set design, the story, everything. i only ever got the red guardian thingy, the one takeshi had, as well as the two smaller sets, but i loved reading the comics. :P

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

oh, yeah, the comics! i remember when i had dial-up and i wanted to read the exo-force comics. but there was a glitch that i hhad to wait 24 hours or so till i could read the next one, otherwise it would freeeze up. i waited patiently

In all of your opinions? What wave do you think was the best? I thought that the jungle wave was pretty cool.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

2006, above all. The amazing sets, like the Sentai Fortress (Which I think might actually be the most I've ever spent on a single Lego set), the brilliant light bricks, which were a lovely feature that got forgotten about in 2007, and the charismatic characters, who I was really interested in finding out more about in 2006.

LzcD9OS.png

2006, above all. The amazing sets, like the Sentai Fortress (Which I think might actually be the most I've ever spent on a single Lego set), the brilliant light bricks, which were a lovely feature that got forgotten about in 2007, and the charismatic characters, who I was really interested in finding out more about in 2006.

so very true

I loved exo-force, every now and then when I have lego battles I'll bring in Ryo or Takeshi as a ninja. I remember once I wanted an exo-force set so badly my cousin said he would give me the money if I went on this huge rollercoaster (I am deathly terrified of them).

I loved the 06 sets. the minifigures were amoung my favorites in my collection. Sadly, they got stolen off a model I made for the county fair, and I have never had the chance to replace them. My Up-Link model got taken apart, and was never fully put back together. I still have the pieces, though...And does anyone know if the online copies of the comics are still available somewhere? I'd love to read them again.

Defy Expectations

Use the Wayback Machine on Archive.org. ;) I used it to get some images for a custom HEROsector01 skin from the Exo-Force: Jungle Mission site.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Weren't there tiny little comics at the end of each instruction booklet? Those were okay, but never really read them at the same time, so it didn't mean much. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I never really liked this theme.

i see why you like MLP then haters hate on topic:which game was your favorite?

I loved Exo-Force. In fact, I'd say it's what got me back into system sets after Bionicle had carried me through my "dark ages" (For those not in the know, a LEGO fan's "dark ages" are the years in a kid's mid-teens when they start to lose interest in LEGO products). I took interest in Exo-Force at first for the neat recolors of Bionicle weapons, but was instantly drawn in by the complex builds and shonen-esque story. I'd say 2006 was the best year for story, but the sets were not as structurally sound as later models; I've had to rebuild the Supernova so many times... In 2007 the story was still good. The sets became more standardized, with less diversity (compare the Blade Titan to the Sky Guardian, or the Cyclone Defender with the small mech in the Aero Booster). On the other hand, the sets were more stable. The third year kept some of the standardization with slightly more diversity, and the stability was idealized with the use of ball joints for the ankles (this way the legs were still firm, but the feet would adapt their angle to stay flat on the floor). Unfortunately, the story that year suffered as a result of the theme being cut short.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You know, I think I've realised what I miss most about Exo-Force. I remember the good old days of old BZPower with Exo-Blunders, and Exo-Farce. Anyone know if NNH is still around?

On that note, anyone remember the RPG from waaay back when? That was awesome. TMD

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I missed that. However, I was planning a new version of the RPG before the downtime, but never heard anything about it. Not sure where to post anything about a new one, but the details should still be in my blog.

You know, I think I've realised what I miss most about Exo-Force. I remember the good old days of old BZPower with Exo-Blunders, and Exo-Farce. Anyone know if NNH is still around?

On that note, anyone remember the RPG from waaay back when? That was awesome. TMD
...There was an RPG? Curses, must have missed that.

LzcD9OS.png