Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

Kealen- Eastern BarrensIC: A ding from his datapad drew Kealen's attention to the message about Alan. He looked up and followed the rest of the group as they left the area."It seems I have some catching up to do."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC - Kerid - The Barrens: "Yesterday evening," the Day Run organizer said. "The Guild of Tyis launched an assassination attempt on the lives of both Lyxek and the Director. Alan--Team Wing's captain, and up until yesterday a very influential KNPD member--witnessed the attack on the Director. The Director confessed directly to Alan that he was an AI." She raised her other hand to her helmet, pressing a button on it. A hologram projected, showing what the Steltian had seen during her walk back into City with Alan, replaying their conversation for Hexxon to hear."All of the evidence points to his being an AI--the fact that no one knows who he actually is, the fact that he only communicates through those computers, the sheer level of control he possesses over the electronics in the Citadel." She shut off the hologram. "And his relation to Dalmia and Lyxek? I'll admit I can't prove that. But there are facts that support the idea. Only three assassins were sent out yesterday, two going after the Director and one after Lyxek. All three were killed, but Alan managed to return the bodies of Nenda and Roen to the Guild. And yet just this morning, the Director authorizes the crucifixion of a third body over the entryway to the Citadel, claiming that they had attempted to attack the Director--a body that was confirmed to be the same assassin sent after Lyxek the day before. How do you explain that, Hexxon?"She looked him straight in the eye, lowering her hands. "You're being played, Hexxon--you and ninety percent of the rest of Kai-Nam."IC - Elithes/Illuxio - Barrens: "Doubt it," Illuxio said. "Kerid hid it, didn't she? With the Day Run protecting it, I'd say it's safer than safer." He paused. "Probably best to be absolutely sure, though, I suppose."IC - Vailian - West District: "Why would I deny it?" Vailian replied. "The Ring isn't a good group. But then neither is the KNPD, and neither are the Guild of Tyis or the Day Run--especially the Day Run, considering that whole 'infect the universe with a zombification plague' scheme that they cooked up last year. Or have you all forgotten that its two Organizers were in on the entire plot, right down to the fact that they were keeping a shell of a god locked up in their backyard?" He stopped pacing, turning slightly to look out across the city."Yet despite its shortcomings, the Ring has its own special characteristics, and as such has its place in my heart. Do you know what the KNPD did when I first came to this island, Toa? They told me to get lost; that I would never be of use to them--and that was when the group could be considered only slightly corrupted. The Ring, however, they took me in, built me up--gave me a purpose." He shifted his gaze back to Waiter, eyes slightly narrowed. "They gave me a home and a family--and I have to honor that, because I'm a man of integrity. I won't break something that has done nothing but help me."So, yes, it's true that the Ring has done some nasty things--and from the sounds of it, plans some even nastier things--but you know what? I'm just one guy who owes everything I am and have to Lyxek--he's done more for me than anyone else. So you're preaching to the choir if you think I'm going to betray him, regardless of my own opinions on what he's done and what he wants to do. And as long as he continues to avoid assigning me the kind of work that you're referring to--the work that results in other peoples' deaths--I'm fine with that."IC - Lyccir - South District: Lyccir was silent for a moment, taking a drink of tea in thought. "The Day Run garage..." he repeated softly to himself. "Might'n't it be a better idea to ask Mistress Kerid about that, considering her position in the war against the evils of Kai-Nam?"IC - ? - Toxin's Mind?: The shape continued to grow and grow and grow, the clouds enveloping Toxin's vision. Soon he was no longer on the boat; instead he was suspended in the air, in the middle of a thousand clouds. The black shape loomed over him, a massive snake glaring down upon the Dark Hunter. A great rumble cut through the air as the thing shifted...Almost as soon as it had started, the vision was swept away, throwing Toxin back into reality.IC - Kovian - Boat: "Like I said," Kovian said in response to Khad, as Srizz went to patch himself up. "Successful deaths with expected deaths. Perhaps the Dark Hunters simply haven't managed to beat those last few strands of optimism out of me..."As Srizz returned, he chuckled slightly in response to the Haaz'ryz. "Genedos... sure," he said. "As close to friends as Dark Hunters can become. Most other Hunters wouldn't say as much, but the organization just lost a huge asset--which is ironic considering his views on the group." The Toa sighed. Gripping the hand rail, he pulled himself onto unsteady feet, limping into the control cabin. One hand was on his side, where a fairly deep wound was present. "I'm gonna miss the big guy, that's for sure."He left the door open as he leaned against the wall, applying a large bandage to his wound. He nodded at Srizz. "So how'd you get here, exactly--or into the cavern, for that matter?" Kovian asked. "Better yet--what have you been up to since the Night Run tournament, Srizz? I got stuck with the Dark Hunters with Sepcret, Kerid and Ehjoras moved the tournament to Kai-Nam, and apparently Elithes, Khadbaen, and a whole bunch of others have migrated over there after 'em." He shook his head slightly. "Obviously didn't learn their lesson if they're still getting into the kind of supernatural trouble that got brought on us last time..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: The BarrensMarx felt useless. They all said a giant teleporter would not work. Now they were talking about things he did not understand."Hey um Matoran. Sorry I did get your name. Do you need someone to fix your vehicle. I'd be happy to fix it." He said to Elithes.IC: The BarrensSol noticed the Matoran was busy so he decided to get a better look at the Searcher.He flew around and bent light in various ways to get better views and to try and determine its compostion.IC: En Route to Kai NamThe vision ended and Toxin grew angry for he did not want to be here. He wanted to be safe at home. He wanted to kick and scream, throw a tantrum, but he found his body would not respond.He noticed in the chair across from him sat the black armored Toa from his dream like state. But now in the light this being was covered in black, ethereal flame. And this made him want to scream."No you don't. You are going to keep good on your word and deliver the Rose to Lyxek." chided the being.To any other sane being this would appear to just be Toxin sitting in a chair and holding the Rose.IC: South DistrictSlate sat while he drank a cup of tea, which he thought was delicious, and listened to the others talk. He took it all in. Their words and their body language. Slowly he understood what was happening. And he decided his suicide mission of taking down both Lyxek and the Director could wait.

IC / Northern Barrens / Heading to the Day Run in the Unpredictable:“Yes, we should check up on it anyway,” Swerv nodded his agreement as he drove, “After all, I can think a few people who might be able to break in.” Swerv chuckled and looked back at Elithes. A good memory even in bad times, that was always welcome.“I still can’t believe Draxion had it all this time and no one realized its true potential. Then again, he wasn’t using its power.”Swerv stopped talking as Marx spoke up. He hadn’t realized the being had gotten in with them. Swerv guessed that must have meant Marx was not a threat. Butting in for Elithes, he said, “My name’s Swerv, tall and flat footed the Rahkshi over there is Draxion, and my friend the Ko-Matoran is Elithes, with AI Illuxio, also a friend. Who are you, exactly?”IC / West District / Atop a Building with Vailian:Ignorance was one thing, being ignorant on purpose was another. Waiter turned to look at Vailian, his eyes flashing with emotion. His armor, already hard to look at without being pulled into the pattern of the swirls, seemed as if it began to wash about his body, pulling attention away from other areas and directing it towards his eyes. His eyes, which were suddenly old, harsh, and yet strangely compelling at the same time.It wasn’t spell, or even a power, but rather the presence Waiter had gained with his little stay at Endless Boundaries. Sometimes he felt ancient and thin, stretched beyond his limits, like he could do nothing to help and protect those who needed it. Then there were those times where he felt like nothing could stop him. Right now, he was feeling both. Vailian had definitely touched some sore subject in Waiter’s mind.His voice, now proud and loud, was yet somehow quiet and even. The way he didn’t yell and yet carried that same intensity was something to hear, some beings would have wanted him to yell instead of listening to him, but Vailian was not one of those beings.“You will find that those in the choir are just as hypocritical as the preacher himself. We all disobey Mata Nui in some way. Lyxek more than most. I for one will not stand by while evil roams about, deceiving decent beings into complacency.”Ok, so Vailian truly believed in Lyxek, and was now bound to him by his own unique honor system. He would rather look the other way then betray him. Through his “honor” and “family” he has slowly been deluded to the truth, as evidenced by his accusations on the other groups. This being was deceiving himself, refusing to see what his eyes were telling him. Waiter was going to offer a little more vision.“As for the KNPD, I never said anything about their corruption; that is entirely different. The Guild of Tyis is comprised of bounty hunters. Bounty Hunters. They stick to their code and are always viewed as the bad guys in any situation. Now as for the Day Run, obviously you believe only what has been fed to you. One MAKUTA created the Night Run for that end.“If you haven’t noticed, she’s dead, or so I’m told. As for Kerid, she had no part in it. In case you haven’t noticed, the name is changed. They aren’t the same. You know this and yet will believe what you will to justify what it is you perceive as right and wrong.“Now, the Ring,” Waiter growled, his eyes flashing once again, “That’s called Stockholm Syndrome. If you ever come to your senses, make sure you don’t make the same mistakes twice.“And just so you know, this was a chance encounter, maybe destiny, choir boy. Mata Nui knows for certain. You obviously will question everything I have said from the moment I showed myself to you. I hope I haunt your dreams and flood them with a little common sense. Good day, sir.And with that, Waiter folded his arms, glared at Vailian, and sunk into the floor of the building. He dropped from the ceiling inside of the building and started several working Matoran. He grinned, not showing the Guardian of the Abyss face he had given Vailian, and saluted to the Matoran before finding the nearest elevator and riding it down.He activated his mask still in the elevator and slipped into the lobby and out on the streets. He needed to get back to KNPD headquarters and report to the others what was currently happening there. Completely changing gears, Waiter didn’t even think of Vailian as he sprinted his way, still cloaked, to the headquarters of the Director.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Srizz rolled his eyes. "Don't even get me started." His old, hissing accent seemed to have dulled a good deal. Now it was just a normal accent rather than making him sound like an anrgy bog snake. "That mess with the giant-snake-slash-death-god brought a bit of unwanted attention. I got no problem working with groups like, well, the Hunters, but it was looking like I'd be conscripted for a while there. Politics around every corner and me right in the middle. Normally that's a dream come true, but this time there was no money involved. "So I left. Went silent for a bit, lived off my earnings, stole a bit just for fun. Then I got back into the game as an assassin, thief, saboteur and general mercenary." As he spoke the Haaz'ryz looked around the boat, taking note of everything with a practiced eye. Secret entrances or exits. Concealed compartments. Placement of both indicating whether they were for emergencies or concealment. Locations of every Dark Hunter. He wasn't actually planning anything, but it was a hard habit to break.All the while he continued talking. "After that some stuff happened. I'll spare you the stories, but I lost a couple things, found some new things, generally lived the strange, random and profitable life I lead. Did anyone ever actually, y'know, win that tournament?"-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Nikaron (Western Barrens)Nikaron grinned, "Yeah, let's check it out. Maybe we can find a few others to join our team." Nikaron suggested, before turning and making his way towards a building. He didn't quite realize that Selirah had probably no idea why he would be possessed to do such a thing. He however did, he was going to climb the building, it was easy for him, and then run across the rooftops. That was how he got from place to place, it was the quickest and easiest method for him.

-==IC: Selirah//Barrens==-Selirah raised an eyebrow at that initially, but just shook her head with a hint of a laugh, as she followed after Nikaron from the ground, all the while wondering if this distraction was necessary.I need to find out some more info... But maybe this is the best way. Selirah thought with a slight frown, even as she ran toward the Construct, making sure to not lose Nikaron in the meanwhile.OOC: Kairan returns, part 2-==IC: Kairan//Tower of Tyis Basement==-Kairan walked toward the stairs, as the doctor frowned."You can't go up there in your condition." The doctor said, and Kairan growled."Watch... me." Kairan said, as he slowly staggered up the steps, determined to get to the actual normal part of the tower. He wasn't sure what he would find, or why he actually wanted to do this, but it seemed the logical part of him clung to some hope that what he had seen was not real... And the non-logical side just didn't care what happened, just wanting to confirm his suspicions. He made it to the top of the stairs after a little while, and walked out to the main floor of the tower, near the entrance. Kairan paused, as he heard a noise, and then blinked, and turned toward the entrance, and his eyes widened. Kairan ran out of the tower, half not believing his eyes, and half glad that his theory was correct."Sanshou!?" Kairan asked, as he reached the outside, if only to confirm it was indeed the former KNPD member."You're... alive?" Kairan tried to confirm, just so that he would actually know.OOC: Okay, maybe not as epic as it could've been, but it still will allow some awkward moments, and a 'of course I'm alive!' moment. =P

Khadbaen/OceanIC:

"Iht kihndah ehndehd befohre ahnehthihn' couhld hahppehn," said Khad, placing the last bandage on Quicksilver. His left arm then fell completely numb, and he finally felt a long gash in his own back. Grimacing, he removed his coat and tossed it aside. "Aneh ohf you mihnd puhttihn' a bahndahge ohn thihs fohr meh?"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Nikaron (Western Barrens)Once Nikaron was on the roof, the rest of the world faded away. Up here was another world, a world in which he could run forever, or atleast close to it. Up here he, running, he felt a thrill he had yet to experience anywhere else. Anywhere other than driving with Delta, but those experiences were limited, glitches interrupted his riding much of the time. Selirah had all but disappeared from his mind, thus he had stopped paying attention to whether she was able to keep up now that he had picked up speed. He was running, leaping across buildings, and over chimneys. Swinging from poles, and sliding under signs. This was how he ran, this was how he lived.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

-==IC: Selirah//Barrens==-Selirah continued to follow Nikaron, managing to keep on his trail, even as they began to approach the Searcher.What could that thing be made of? It doesn't look like anything I've seen before... Selirah thought, as she got closer to where it was...

IC: Nikaron (Western Barrens)Upon arriving close to the jellyfish monster, Nikaron slid to a halt on the roof. He glanced down at Selirah, "So, what now?" This situation was unlike any he had faced before. Karz, didn't expect to find a team like this.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

-==IC: Selirah//Barrens==-"Should we find more teammates first, or investigate this construct first?" Selirah asked, as she called back up to Nikaron, using her powers to make the conversation like the two of them were talking face-to-face.

OOC: No, you don't, I just put it there sometimes. =P-==IC: Selirah//Barrens==-"I don't know..." Selirah said with a frown."I don't think it's organic, not from the look of it. But what it is made of, I can't tell." Selirah explained, as she walked toward it.

Eryn/Barrens, En Route to EhjorasIC:

"Ouch. Well, I'm on land now, so it shouldn't be too much longer," Eryn replied, reverting her arms to normal as she stepped onto land. She then began "jogging" toward the mountain that wasn't natural, ready to help Ehjoras.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC - Vailian - West District: Vailian didn't respond--mainly because he didn't get a chance to do so--to Waiter's sudden rant. As the Toa disappeared, the Hivena shook his head, turning his attention back toward the cityscape and contemplating the Toa's words.“You will find that those in the choir are just as hypocritical as the preacher himself. We all disobey Mata Nui in some way. Lyxek more than most. I for one will not stand by while evil roams about, deceiving decent beings into complacency.”Really now? Vailian thought, crossing his arms. You say that now, and yet what have you actually done to stop him? Nothing. These gears should have been stopped a long, long time ago, Toa. If you were truly concerned about Lyxek's evil, then you would have acted sooner, and would focus on the Heart and Keys first and foremost. Instead, you choose to flaunt your righteous mission to someone who truly could not care less.“As for the KNPD, I never said anything about their corruption; that is entirely different. The Guild of Tyis is comprised of bounty hunters. Bounty Hunters. They stick to their code and are always viewed as the bad guys in any situation."The KNPD and the Ring are connected. We are one. Once again, your ignorance shows itself. There is no difference between these powers.Now as for the Day Run, obviously you believe only what has been fed to you. One MAKUTA created the Night Run for that end. If you haven’t noticed, she’s dead, or so I’m told. As for Kerid, she had no part in it. In case you haven’t noticed, the name is changed. They aren’t the same. You know this and yet will believe what you will to justify what it is you perceive as right and wrong."And that is where you are wrong, Toa, in more ways than one. We have operatives who were there--even contacts at the top of the pyramid. Unlike others, I actually know the truth--you do not. Kerid was aware of Jaeda's plan from the beginning; she was the one hiding her tracks from the rest of the world. Perhaps she has repented--but is that repentance from guilt, or spite for being betrayed at the last moment?There are darker demons about than you think, Toa of Iron; every group has them. Take a closer look at your so-called saints before coming to their defense.“Now, the Ring. That’s called Stockholm Syndrome. If you ever come to your senses, make sure you don’t make the same mistakes twice."No, Toa; here you're mistaken again. What I have is called gratitude. A simple thanks to Lyxek for giving me strength when I had nothing. I dearly hope I'm not around the next time you make a claim like this--for what could you possibly know about having nothing? He clenched his fist in anger at Waiter's attitude.The Ring is evil. I have not denied this. But you don't defeat evil with evil--and where I come from, there is nothing worse than betrayal. I will pay my dues, and then we shall see what happens. Do NOT minimize the terms of my helping Lyxek.“And just so you know, this was a chance encounter, maybe destiny, choir boy. Mata Nui knows for certain. You obviously will question everything I have said from the moment I showed myself to you. I hope I haunt your dreams and flood them with a little common sense. Good day, sir.No, it was not. You could have turned and gone in a different direction; instead, you approached me and proceeded to demean me. This was not destiny--it was your choice.And as for your so-called fight against the Ring--you put too much weight on what you believe to be influence. It means nothing. You are an insignificant speck of dust in the grand scheme of things. And if you truly had the power or will to stop these gears from turning, then you would have acted when there was still time. Act as righteous as you wish, Toa, while you still can--because soon enough, you will realize that deep down, you're just like the rest of us: You are one. And one can not succeed--even Lyxek knows that.The Ring member turned, grabbing one of the small portal devices that he carried in his belt. He threw it on the ground and stepped in.Besides, what are you, really? A shadow. And in the darkness to come, you won't be any different from anyone else. Just like the rest of us, you will be consumed. IC - Elithes/Illuxio - Unpredictable: "I'm villing to take any help I can get in vrepairvring it," Elithes answered. "Just as long as it gets fixed.""Speaking of fixing and building," Illuxio said. "How's that body coming along, Swerv?"IC - Sanshou - Tower of Tyis: Sanshou raised an eyebrow at Kairan as she leaned against the wall. She could tell that something was wrong with his head--that explained why he had been brought inside on a stretcher."Yes, I am," she said simply. "Why wouldn't I be?"IC - Kovian - Boat: "No, I'm going to let you bleed out," Kovian answered Khad as he limped toward him. A large bandage was plastered to his side, as well as one on his left arm and a few others on his legs and body. He began to clean and cover the bounty hunter's wound."If I remember correctly, it was basically canceled," he said to Srizz. "In light of... you know... massive zombie outbreak. Not that that's a bad thing--from what I've heard, the winners of the previous tournaments were all thrown at Ruaki to see if any of them could kill him." He shook his head. "Wish I had thought to grab Jaeda's mask after finding out about that." He finished working on Khad and moved to take a seat, looking at the old Team Shurikan member."Anyway, sounds like a fun time," he said. "And a familiar one. I lost most of my old equipment when I joined the Hunters--or, at least, lost it in the sense that it was all upgraded." He tapped the scope on his mask, indicating the subtle changes in design. "Turns out the Shadowed One has a unique little lady in the organization who possesses the ability to make whatever she can think of appear in front of her." He paused, stretching his arm."And you still haven't told us how you found out we were here... or how you got through the Brotherhood blockade."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Tower of Tyis==-Kairan smiled for a moment, even as he grabbed his head for a brief second."Well... I saw..." Kairan said, and then frowned."I saw you die during the fight." Kairan said quietly, and then awkwardly just stood there."I'm glad you're not dead, though." Kairan said with a nod, as he smiled slightly, though it still seemed... real.

Khadbaen/OceanIC:

"Much ablihged fohr youhr lahck ohf cohncehrn, thehn," responded Khad, slowly flexing his muscles. "Yeah... ahnd, fohr thaht mahttehr, wouhld eithehr ohf youh be wihllihn' toh join Team Bounteh? Ah cahn kihck inactive players ohne ohr twoh mehmbehrs fohr youh two anehday."

IC: The BarrensHexxon's eyes flared a bright, fiery red. He had no explanation or rebuttal for the body, or for anything Kerid pointed out. When he thought about it, albeit hesitantly, it all seemed to make sense. He didn't want to accept it, or at least fully, but there was no evidence to disprove her beliefs.The Odinan looked around, gnashing his teeth, raging in his mind. He felt like throwing his staff at something, or blasting apart his surroundings, regardless of the two around him that would be hurt. Ever since the Shadowed One and his companion razed Odina of his species, all Hexxon wanted was to stamp out crime and enforce justice. Employment under the KNPD offered him that dream, but now he was a pawn, part of the Director's plan to aide the Ring in their goals.His back to Kerid, Hexxon faced Anar, looking into the dragon's eyes. You understand that, Anar? he said, focusing his words into his pet's mind. We're being used by some creation of the enemy. We've done no good.Anar looked back at him, his facial features displaying the feelings of worry and of failure. The officer shifted his eyes onto the white snow."What do we do now?" he said silently, the question not directed at anyone in particular.IC: The BarrensAs Greel waited for both Calik's and Traxin's responses, he glanced at the enormous Searcher. It was quite a strange thing, sitting peacefully in the snow. How much harm did this monster do, and why was it just resting here?Shrugging, the stout being turned back to the pair, summoning a portal. If they wished to travel to the Day Run in their vehicles, then he would use the gateway to transport himself and Rocky there. If not, they could just steer their vehicles into it.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC - Kerid - Barrens: The Tournament Organizer relaxed slightly upon seeing Hexxon's reaction. After waiting a moment, she sighed, carefully taking a step forward."Join us," Kerid offered. "My allies and I may not be the cleanest bunch on the island, but we have the best interests of the people at heart. I think if we work together we just might be able to stop whatever Lyxek and the Director are planning before they can cause any more damage to Kai-Nam." She cast her eyes to the ground. "After helping to do virtually the same to another island... I have to atone for it somehow."IC - Elithes - Unpredictable: Elithes nodded. "Much obliged."IC - Sanshou - Tower of Tyis: Beat. "Um.... yeah," Sanshou said slowly. "Trust me, Kairan, so am I. Which is why I didn't go to fight that thing."IC - Kovian - Boat: "Lack of concern is the best kind of concern," Kovian said, shrugging. "Anyway, I'll have to decline the offer for now--I'd rather clear this contract before focusing on anything else, even in this lull in activity. " He sighed, leaning back in the chair and spinning in around slowly. "That reminds me... I haven't gotten a chance to meet this 'Lyxek' yet. What's he like?"Coming to a halt, the Toa directed his gaze to the sea behind them. Gynel was completely out of view at this point; soon enough they would be coming to the break in the Brotherhood blockade. After that... it would be little more than a long ride back to Kai-Nam...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Tower of Tyis==-Kairan gripped his head again with a wince, but nodded."That's what... I thought..." Kairan said, and growled slightly to himself, as a headache started up."That thing..." Kairan muttered, as the headache subsided for the moment."That thing must've given an illusion vision, then." Kairan said, and then grabbed his face, and slowly fell to his knee, as the headache started up again.

IC: Calik Raktu - BarrensCalik happened to glance to his side, catching sight of someone riding...yep, that was a rock lion. Well, that was a new one.I do not require a lift to the Day Run, but I can provide instantaneous transport there, for both you all and your vehicles, he heard the being say, telepathically.How do I know I can trust you? he asked mentally, I'm not one for walking into an weird portal on the advice of a complete stranger.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Vertak, South District:"It probably would be a good idea, yes." Vertak agreed. "The only problem is, finding her is going to take far too long. I'd rather retrieve the Key that's there - or at the very least make sure it's secure - and then see whether I can trust her for certain. If we run into her along the way... even better."IC: Djoser, South District:In the distance Djoser could see what apeared to be a building that was still partially standing with a figure that he couldn't identify in the doorway. It would take several minutes to get there, as he was certainly not going to just march up......actually, thinking it over, that sounded best. Nothing like being innocent.-ibrow

-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan looked around, and then sighed, and leaned against the doorway, even as she listened to the conversation as best as she could.Would that Matoran really return? I doubt he would... Even if he did, why would he do anything? But since Vertak's vehicle is gone...

IC: Djoser, South District:Djoser could now tell that it was a Toa in the doorway, but not one he recognized- Vertak must've picked up a few friends on Kia Island. Knowing that the Toa would surely spot him in a matter of seconds, Djoser decided to help them along and tripped over a piece of rubble, face planting into the street in front of him."Stupid..."He staggered to his feet, brushing a bit of dust as he scowled. He leaned down to pick up his dagger and jammed it into its sheath before continuing on with a sour look on his face.

-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan heard a noise, and then looked over and saw Djoser. She frowned, and then sighed, as she knocked on the inside, and then tapped her crest once."Guess who showed up." Zaydan said, directing the comment to Vertak.

IC: The BarrensWas this a second chance? A real opportunity to defy crime and defend law? It certainly sounded so.... Maybe this was the way to go.Wait, Hexxon thought, looking up from the ground and into the snowy distance. "What do you mean 'helping to do virtually the same to another island'?"IC: The BarrensGreel shrugged again in response. Only a suggestion. I'll follow you both on my own vehicle, he replied,climbing onto his steed. Ready to go?The dimentional gateway closed; he decided to travel there via Rocky with the others. Maybe he could even have a race on the way to the offices with them.

Khadbaen/OceanIC:

"Ahlright, Team Bounteh wihll be waihtihn' aht the tohp when you're readeh," said Khad with a chuckle, leaning slowly against the wall to the control room. He took a few moments to think over what to say about Lyxek. Then, with a smirk, he replied, "He's ah fuhn guy. Laid bahck, leavihn' ah loht toh chahnce. Now, Ah wohn't sah thaht he ihsn't evihl; ihn fahct, Ah'll sah thaht he's rohttehn ahnd pureleh putrihd whehn iht cohmes toh hihs ideahls. Buht heh, Ah'm noht paid toh crihtihcize... Ahnd thaht brihngs meh toh ah quehstiohn. Ah hahve lihttle whehn iht cohmes toh mohrahls, ahnd Ah'm the fihrst toh ahdmiht thaht. Buht you, ohf all people, join the Hunters. You, the heroh, behcohme ah pahrt ohf the scuhm ohf the unihvehrse. Soh Ah hahve toh ahsk... whah? Whah dihd you join the Dark Hunters and ahgree to wohrk fohr the mohst hohrrihfihc beihn's toh ehxihst?"

IC: Vertak, South District:"I'll be there in a minute." Vertak responded. He better have my car.IC: Djoser, South District:Djoser stumbled once or twice over rubble as he made his way to the building, cursing. Once he'd arrived, he peered at Zaydan through narrowed eyes for a second or two."Aren't you that Toa from before?" he asked. "I thought you were a guy."

-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan smiled, as she walked over to Djoser, aiming to distract him, even as she patted him on the shoulder, attempting to throw him off guard, slightly jokingly."A lot of people say that. Guess they can't handle a female Bounty Hunter beating them at everything." Zaydan said with a chuckle, and then raised an eyebrow, pretending to be curious."What are you doing here, anyway? Did you ever meet up with your friend?" She asked, attempting to gauge his reactions.

IC: Djoser, South District:"No, I didn't. However, he was requesting that the Tumbler come pick him up in South District. Naturally, I assumed." Djoser responded. "Is he in there? There are a few things I'd like to tell him. Namely, one of them being that I had to leave the Tumbler to find its own way in. This district is a mess."

IC: "Oh, they got conveniently distracted by the sudden and inexplicable attack of some Frostelus looking for a new home." He gave a sly and somewhat feral grin that, coupled with a creepy, hissing, little laugh he did tended to discourage further questioning without actually suggesting hostility, just by creeping people out. It had taken him weeks to perfect. Then Khadbaen said his piece and Srizz, suddenly interested, joined in. "Good question. Not so sure I'd go calling you hero - and that's a compliment - but I never figured you for a soulless mercenary either. That's my shtick."-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Kerid - The Barrens: "Gynel," Kerid said, bitterness cutting into her. "I was tricked into helping a Makuta named Jaeda with a plan that almost entirely destroyed the island." She paused. "Or destroyed it, depending on who you ask." The organizer looked up at Hexxon. "That was a mistake. It's why I've been doing what I can against Lyxek. I think it's destiny's way of giving me another chance."IC - Lyccir - S.D. Lab: The Turaga paid no mind to the new arrival, instead taking another sip of tea. "You won't be able to get to it without her or the engineer," he said quietly, too low for Zaydan and Djoser to hear, giving his mask a short tap. "Or a powerful enough explosive." He glanced up. "Say, Searcher-level explosive."IC - Kovian - Boat: The Toa of Ice didn't answer for a few moments. "I haven't been anything close to a hero since before I left Exa-Nui--not since I met Jaeda," he said quietly, more to himself than anyone else. "My fight against her was out of vengeance, not any care for what she was doing to people. And once that was done, I had nowhere else to go. I wandered. The Dark Hunters were the only viable option for someone with that mindset."He looked up at Khadbaen and Srizz, a curious look in his eye. "Maybe you wouldn't consider me scum, because you don't know the kinds of things I've done. But I do. I destroyed my island--shattered it into seven pieces, and personally killed my brother when he tried to bring me back to my senses, on top of numerous others before and after." Kovian's eyes were cold now--cold and resentful. "No number of good deeds will ever wash that away. So take my word for it when I say that I'm in my place."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Srizz shrugged. He didn't buy it. He knew bad people - he was bad people - and Kovian had never really seemed bad to him. Even now he seemed more resigned than anything. Like he would be the bad guy because, as far as he was concerned, his actions had condemned him beyond hope of salvation. Or something. He was pretty sure he'd met another Toa like that. Leso-something? Tough son of a maha. Either way, the conversation had served its purpose. Kovian was now distracted by his own emotional problems and seemed to have forgotten all about Srizz's mysterious appearance for the time being.The assassin glanced over at Khadbaen. While Srizz's accent had dulled over time, Khad's seemed to have leapt off the deep end. He was just comprehensible now. "See you got a new hat," he remarked. "No hard feelings about the last one?" As Srizz recalled, he'd accidentally incinerated it in an attempt to do the same to Khadbaen during the tournament.-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth