Day Run Player Lounge

Parugi

1. Depends on the distance and the knowledge would not have to be ridiculously precise, no.3. I don't think there's really anything on Kai-Nam that could do that...

1. The distances would be at most like... 3 feet maybe?(Think a healing spell of sorts in RPGs.) Also, would sonic powers help in any way to justify the increase in distance...? ;) I have an idea for this character of mine. =)3. Alright, just wondering. =) You couldn't effectively trap the power from another artifact in a sword or so, just to check, correct? I'm guessing no, but hey, stranger things have happened. =P

Official RPGCC review!StoryOverall, although a bit long, the story is well written, and descriptive, and gives a good feel to the story. i noticed exactly one minor spelling error:

The Barrens tended to be a quiet place. With little to no active life, they had always stood resolute, frozen monuments to the Ko-Matoran virtues of silence and peace. Not today. Today, the land was swarming with action, hundreds of people nervously and fearfully wandering about, looking on at the new blight that had appeared on the landscape. Kerid was among them–and she could hardly believe her eyes.

"The Barrens tended to be a quiet place: with little to no active life," would look better.On a whole, the story gives a good feel to the game, and provides an excellent source of the information. The only con i can find is that it is a tad lengthy.FactionsI must say, I like the factions. I can't really gripe about length here, as you provided a goodly amount of information, although not too much. There's quite a lot of factions, which gives a player a lot of avenues to play. The only problem I can find is that the Ring, KNPD and Civilian factions seem a little out of date.Day RunI've never been in a tournament style RPG, but I recall almost joining this a while back. You have a nice set up, and I definitely would like to participate in it at some point. The only problem I can find is that due to the credit system, people who join the RPG at a later date would be at a large disadvantage when it comes to winning the tournament. naother problem I can think of is in Capture the flag; perhaps it might be a good idea to outlaw superspeed for that? Because from what i see, it'd be easy for a kakama wearing toa to zip in, grab the flag, and zip back before anyone can blink...LocationsAgain, I have little to no problem with these. They're well thought out, and although their descriptions aren't too long, they give an excellent idea of what each place is like. The blend of high technology with elemental powers sounds interesting. I'm guessing that a lot of those fortresses have some defenses against stone and iron toa...Rules, strikes, and registrationNot much I can say here. The rules and strikes are well written, although the rule on bunnying sounds a tad bit too lenient to me.Overall, This is an excellent RPG. The only problems I can find are these:Disjointedness: Overall, I found the RPG a tad bit disjointed as to the new updates of menaces and the tournament itself: the story in brief section makes it seem like the tournament would be cancelled due to the impending invasion and suchlike, but further down, especially in factions, this isn't even mentioned.Length: Yeah, it's a bit long, but this is more of a pointless gripe, as you had a lot of information that needed to be fitted in.Woof, there you have it, my first in depth review of an RPG. I miss reviewing short Stories. :P

Well, the Barrens appears to be a popular starting place, given that a huge construct just crashed down into the middle of it.Or, depending on which side you're on, maybe one of the headquarters or the Day Run. But the Barrens has a lot of character interaction potential.

Onarax: All righty. By the way, registration for a CtF game is going on still, so if you want something to do immediately you could register for it while you're over in the registration office. =)Blade: 1. That kind of distance would be fine. I don't think sonics would make sense as a justification for a healing ability, though.2. No.Wotsiznaim: Aaand the first post is updated to reflect this.Balta: Hi. At the moment, as Blade was telling Krayzikk just now, most of what's happening is going on in the Barrens--and in fact I don't think there are any characters who are actually in City right now.Basically, what's going on boils down to:-There are a few people by the Searcher--a gigantic jellyfish construct--in the Northern Barrens.-There's a fight going on between Elithes, Kaelan and Dalmia in the Eastern Barrens.-Vertak of Team Zero is trying to activate a pair of artifacts that may potentially do something dangerous on the southern edge of South District, and the rest of Team Zero is looking for him.-And Onarax is going to the Day Run in the Western Barrens to register for the tournament.So that's about it as far as Kai-Nam goes. There's also a Dark Hunter mission occurring on Gynel, but participation in that is... isolated, so it's not really an option.Zarayna: Sweet; thanks for the review!To address the tings that you pointed out:-Disjointedness/things out of date: I had actually planned to update those during the contest but never got a chance to do so. Rest assured, I'm going to be working on it soon.-CtF: Good point with the speed-users, but there are in-game devices meant to combat that, just like with any other power. The only reason people haven't seen them is so that they can't plan ahead to beat them. :P-Bunnying rule: I thought it made my point pretty clear; I'll have to look into it. Regardless, I've never had problems with bunnying in the past, so I tend to doubt that it'll be a major issue this time around.-Length: You actually raise a good point that I didn't notice until really late into the contest: The RPG is actually so long that it ended up cutting out part of the registration section in the first post when I entered it, so it's definitely something I need to look at. Once I modify the faction sections, though, I can cut out some unnecessary information and make it a bit shorter.Thanks again! ^_^

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

For the record, Theron is in the City right now, and liable to appear at just about any criminal activity to crash the party. Whether you're causing trouble or dealing with it, there's always the chance he'll show up to lend a blade in the favor of the Law (yes, he pronounces it with a capital L). Meanwhile I'm debating whether to have Srizz jump into CtF or swoop in dramatically to help with the situation on Gynel. He's been there before and is almost friendly acquaintances with at least one of the combatants, after all. As to how he knows to be there... luck, I suppose, though he does have a habit of knowing things he shouldn't. -=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

Or, potentially, you could have Srizz dramatically appear in the Eastern Barrens to help save Elithes from Dalmia. Who was in no way, shape, or form influenced by Srizz. :PSeriously, though, there are a lot of places you could come in, HD, so take your time in deciding.(Also, I'm still surprised by your reappearance. Congratulations. :P)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

I must say, Srizz is one of my favorite RPing characters that I have ever seen. It's good to see him back. Oh, you as well, Half-Dragon.You still owe one of my characters a staff, Mr. Zyglak Sword. :P

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Oh, right, the staff... Uh, you see- He had a replacement coming in, but there was this mix-up in the mail, and... Oh, come on, I'm not reading this! *shing* Andlongstoryshorthe'llgetyouanewonelater!:P But if it makes you feel better he lost the Zyglak sword. There was an incident with an active volcano and an ice elemental, it's a long story. -=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

Oh, right, the staff... Uh, you see- He had a replacement coming in, but there was this mix-up in the mail, and... Oh, come on, I'm not reading this! *shing* Andlongstoryshorthe'llgetyouanewonelater! :P But if it makes you feel better he lost the Zyglak sword. There was an incident with an active volcano and an ice elemental, it's a long story. -=H-D=-

...You brought Srizz back. You have single-handedly made me want to bring back Kaxo. In other news, good to see you back in this neck of the woods.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

iBrow: Sure. Vertak activated the eyes; they're assuming he activated them for a reason, otherwise he would have left them alone. So being objects of creation, they want to know what he is trying to make--without realizing that he was only seeing if he could use the eyes at all.Blade: That's also what I meant. I don't see how using sonics would help increase the distance for a healing ability.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

True enough. I'll just use the ability for attacks then.(My explanation was going to be that the character was effectively giving instructions, allowing the mask to work more effectively, like a spell in an RPG. =P)

Oh, right, the staff... Uh, you see- He had a replacement coming in, but there was this mix-up in the mail, and... Oh, come on, I'm not reading this! *shing* Andlongstoryshorthe'llgetyouanewonelater! :P But if it makes you feel better he lost the Zyglak sword. There was an incident with an active volcano and an ice elemental, it's a long story. -=H-D=-

...You brought Srizz back. You have single-handedly made me want to bring back Kaxo.
Because you disappeared, Kaxo kinda got injured in a fight... As an excuse to get a character that didn't seem likely to return off Team Wing. =P Guess he could be healed now, though. Or retconned into health and he left the team for a different reason.ANYWAYS about to repost my profiles, and I'll hopefully have time to RP tomorrow. XD

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

I think I need to undergo a drastic bio change for all the Kairans(And for someone to actually release an RPG set in the distant past, so there's no chance of all the Kairans or originals of a Kairan to be the same. =P)...

True enough. I'll just use the ability for attacks then.(My explanation was going to be that the character was effectively giving instructions, allowing the mask to work more effectively, like a spell in an RPG. =P)

I guess that would depend on which character you're talking about. The wearer isn't physically speaking when they're healing--using sonics to transport their voice over a larger distance wouldn't affect the healing process at all, as it wouldn't give them any greater knowledge of how badly the wound is healed. If you mean that the injured person is giving instructions to the Toa of Sonics, who is using their powers to hear what they're saying over a distance, that might be a different story.Also, a quick reminder to everyone: You need to repost all of your profiles. Including those of the Dark Hunter characters. JSYK. ;3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Well, I have all my profiles in my first post, so far. =)Also, hmm, you've got a point there. Maybe that would work.Would you be able to put people to sleep with Sonics powers? Like singing a lullaby? =P

... Darn, you got me with that response. =PWhat I was trying to get at was that this character is going to try to be a white mage of sorts; like the kind that can heal and use minor attacks. =P(We still need the awesome curbstomp mage who uses magic almost exclusively, but we'd be one step closer to a full party, at least. =P)

Anybody got a good idea where I should throw Jaron in?

Well, there are several characters (including mine) currently gathering by the giant, dormant, jellyfish-like Searcher in the northern Barrens. You could hop in there for some interaction.And speaking of characters, I was thinking of making my third one as sort of a late celebration of the RPG's return. Two questions with it: would the power to use interdimensional gateways be allowed as a power here? Here is a description of it taken from BS01:

Vanisher has the power to open intradimensional gates through which he can walk, traveling great distances in the blink of an eye, and appearing to vanish to the observer. He cannot, however, use these gates to travel to other dimensions. He also has the power to open dimensional fluctuations in order to trap energy attacks. He can keep these for as long as he wishes, and then release the energy contained. Many times he has defeated enemies with nothing but their own power.

The level of control I have in mind is not as strong as Vanisher's is, having a limited distance and storage capacity.And would having control over an element slightly or somewhat stronger than a Toa's be acceptable?

Kal Grochi: Greel speaks the truth. I'm also about to throw something in that group's direction so that they have something to do other than talk. =)Greel: Both powers would be fine, yes; we've already seen similar powers with Dalmia (powerful teleportation) and, for a slightly stretched example, Vailian (devices that basically allow for what Vanisher does.) And, frankly, since access to certain areas is blocked already for in-game reasons, it's not like that power could be abused. :PIn short, go ahead. I'd even be fine if you wanted to keep near-/Vanisher-level control over the power. Stronger elements are fine, as well.Blade: I figured that--the white mage thing, not the response. :PHere's my compromise: There are ways to do things with elements that aren't conventional if you know how to do them. I'm sure certain frequencies would be able to mess with someone enough to put them to sleep or knock them unconscious without actually killing them. So it's not entirely out of the question. ;)EDIT: This is already getting confusing--from now on, I'm going to refer to Kal the Guardian as Kal and Kal Grochi as KG. Just so everyone knows. :P

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Alright, fair enough. I'm already building up my Lightning movelist after seeing so many unique usages of it throughout different things. For that, I'd just need some more research into frequencies. >=D But alright. =) I'll get to work on the character shortly. Just need to figure out some stuff, like the names and such. =)

Well, then. You can expect to see this character up sometime soon, with Vanisher-level of control and that elemental power level.I think some of you will remember this particular character from somewhere...Also, thanks for answering. ^_^

By the way, Jaron is off to talk to you guys.In fact, he just yelled over at you with a Scottish accent.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now