Your Uses For Bionicle Canisters

Hi guys. I was wondering what you used your empty BIONICLE canisters for. I had a couple topics like this on the old forums,(Spot reserved for link to more recent one) (Time portal 2:I am not responible for transporter accidents. ARCHIVE LINK: WILL CAUSE LOGOUT.) My uses:

• [*]snack containers (much to the disdain,scrutiny, and overall confusion of my dear family.)(Phantoka ones in particular, make fabulous cookie jars)[*]taking up shelf room[*]sometimes forts. (oh, come on, tell me you've never tried that, I dare you)[*]holding random, assorted other stuff

What do you use them for?

Edited by tent163phantoka

Definitely forts. I make Technic siege engines and test them out on Bionicle canister castles. Those little hollow plastic containers make very satisfying "thunk" noises when you hit them with that boulder piece.

MENTAL WOUNDS NOT HEALING

LIFE'S A BITTER SHAME

I'M GOING OFF THE RAILS ON THE CRAZY TRAIN

Oh, the forts... I shall readily admit that I've built forts out of them. And it was fun. :DBut mostly I'm boring and they just hold sets. Because, y'know, that's what they're for and all.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Oh, the forts... I shall readily admit that I've built forts out of them. And it was fun. :biggrin:But mostly I'm boring and they just hold sets. Because, y'know, that's what they're for and all.~|ET|~

They were for holding sets? I could never get mine to fit back inside once I'd built them. I guess that keeps them from getting dusty, but I'd rather have them out in the open.

MENTAL WOUNDS NOT HEALING

LIFE'S A BITTER SHAME

I'M GOING OFF THE RAILS ON THE CRAZY TRAIN

well i just ussualy use them for storage. mostly lego pieces.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Years ago, I built forts out of them. And if they were used in the story at all (Mata/Bohrok/Rahksi/Vahki/others I don't remember), then I would use them when reenacting story bits. But now, they are very good at their new job of helping my sets collect dust.

I once used the original mata canister lids as shields that had mask powers. Like a kakama shield for fast shielding. I still have 5 of the metru canister lids. 4 of them are in the matoran ball form. I also have a roboriders lid I painted gold to use as a shield. But with the cansiters themselves. I tend to throw them away. They take up too much space

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

All of my canisters are stored on four long shelves at the other end of my room. Some of them on the lowest shelf - the Bohrok canisters as of now - hold various parts which I do not get to very often.I actually never built a fort, though a friend of mine and I used to stack them up high on desks and shoot them off one-by-one with Nerf guns. That was hilarious.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I just keep them around just in case, mostly. I never was in the ingenious years of 2001-2003, so there wasn't much I could do. My luck in that area is a simple Vorahk I found very surprisingly at a store. And not much to do in that canister area, since I don't collect Kraata. The store didn't even have enough stock for me to try that anyway.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I actually never built a fort, though a friend of mine and I used to stack them up high on desks and shoot them off one-by-one with Nerf guns. That was hilarious.

I now recycle all canisters, but years ago when I kept a stack of 'em I did line them up and shoot them down with the Inika Zamor launchers with some friends in a similar fashion. Good times. :)~B~

My sets? :P Joking aside, I usually put just about anything in them, with the exception of food and the like. The sets that had boxes I put in canisters, because I burned some of the boxes that came with sets such as Keetongu, Roodaka, et cetera. Also, Ballom's use for them is a way I used to use them as well.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

They're great for trapping bugs and snakes that get into my basement. ;)Other than that I usually just use them as storage for the sets which came in them.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Mostly they sit in the closet and are used to hold extra set pieces, parts of a set, or sometimes whole sets. They are also used to store other various objects that don't belong anywhere else. Like a junk drawer. :PSeems that several people here have built forts with the canisters. I'm not even sure how that would work to be honest. :blink:

BZPRPG

My canisters don´t do anything besides storing sets and loose pieces, taking up space and looking good. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

i only use hero factory canisters, but here:1) shelf space-killers2) i actually store the figures in them3) places to store spare beyblade parts4) places to hide video games that my friend wants to borrow(i say that i lost it/traded it in)5) targets for my midak training(i actually train people in the art of zamor)6) escape pods in brickfilms7) minifig boats

Edited by ben61

so...this is...my sig...

i'll put some stuff here soon...

don't really know why i'm typing this...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf

props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

I use them as target practice for whenever I need to throw something. It relieves stress (OK, except for that time I forgot my iruini's shield was in his set. The launcher never worked again).

what did you throw, dude?must've been something like a boulder, kualus' launcher has worked through water, mud, and even freezing

so...this is...my sig...

i'll put some stuff here soon...

don't really know why i'm typing this...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf

props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

Never for forts. The images on the front depicting the set just ruined the realism. And I'm something of a perfectionist when it comes to realism.I just keep my sets for storing those sets that I've put away or as ways to take up space underneath my bed and on top of a wardrobe.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

'03 Pohatu Nuva is a pencil pot. Various other cans are used for categorised parts. But mostly they sit in a big pile under my bed. I got rid of a load of them a couple of years back, some of them are just a waste of space, and will never come to any use. I think what I did was chuck away the cans for sets that wouldn't resell for very much, mainly ones with broken ball sockets. When a set is in good condition, I keep the canister, because I might be able to resale it for a decent price in the future.Oh yeah and Forts obviously :P

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I once used my canisters to build little race tracks. I would take them and line them all up as the edges of the track, and then put my sets in spare shoes and slippers to make race cars.I think also used them a few times while making some forts, mostly for mockups of Team Fortress 2. But that got boring quick, so I mostly keep them as collectibles now

It's too quiet around here...

Well, I did much things with my Toa Mata Canisters: When I first had them, I used them as the Toa Canisters of course, and I used the lid as a Suva. Now I use them as storage for my masks. When I was pretty young, I used the lids of the Toa Metru Canisters as tables or Matoran Spheres, but now I use them as stands for my racks of rare Kanohi masks.

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

I haven't used a Bionicle canister for canistering since May 2006. Prior to then, I used them for storing their respective sets. After that, canisters were only good until I freed their sets from them.I just recently started using Furno 2.0's canister for storing Nerf bullets, however.

Edited by Great Mask Of Armor

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Before mine got lost when I moved They made great mini footballs

"I don't fight crime because I want fame and glory. I do it because there are villains who are to powerful for regular police to handle"- Batman

92% of bzpower don't like smooth jazz. If you are part of the 8% who feel sorry for those who don't, copy this and paste it to your signature.

Classic Toa canisters have worked well in travel as tie containers. The fit ties well once rolled, and doesn't take up too much space in a side area of the suitcase.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.