• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Drill Arm Moc

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 981 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 12:55 AM

So a month ago I found and read a book about LEGO creations made by MOCers at the local Costco and one page had a drill made out of gears, so I decided to copy that for myself. After weeks of tinkering and figuring which rod length to use, I finally got this.GalleryEdit: Added wheels.MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

Edited by KZN02, Apr 11 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#2 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,227 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 05:33 AM

interesting creation. like the way u used the gears method instead of just that drill piece from the hero factory drilldozer set. I could totally see onua or pohatu using this weapon. also maybe you could somehow make a little cart type thing and have it mounted on the front and have a onu-matoran pushing the cart so that they can dig in to the earth and help with their mining.i give this a 5/5

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

#3 Offline -DJ-

-DJ-
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 727 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 07:03 AM

Yeah, I agree with Voxumo. This thing would look great on a cart of some kind being hauled around by Onepu, or someone. :)(P.S. Love the Gurren Lagann ref)

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

#4 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,838 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 10:44 AM

A little boxy when it comes to the base, but the drill part itself is pretty neat. I also note the slight color disparity between the new and old gears, which is kinda funny.

Posted Image

#5 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,956 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 09:44 PM

Really nice work on this drill. I like the kinds of gears you used, and I like the design of the base.

webmaster.png

#6 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members

• 981 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2012 - 05:55 PM

interesting creation. like the way u used the gears method instead of just that drill piece from the hero factory drilldozer set. I could totally see onua or pohatu using this weapon. also maybe you could somehow make a little cart type thing and have it mounted on the front and have a onu-matoran pushing the cart so that they can dig in to the earth and help with their mining.i give this a 5/5

Hmm, I think I can try that. I'll see what I can do on the weekend.

#7 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 01:38 PM

I really like the drill and the decision not to use the drilldozer piece. 5/5

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#8 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,276 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2012 - 05:12 PM

Great shape! I love the base.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#9 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members

• 981 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2012 - 07:43 PM

As per

And Done

#10 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,227 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2012 - 10:23 PM

As per

And Done

well well well. i am mighty impressed. i will admit i was surprised that you actually took my idea and made it a physical thing. i love the way you did the back wheels larger. and i love how you used kopeke as the example. it is kinda of weird that he would be using a drill unless he was boring through ice, which could be possible. overall i give it a 10/10. you are amazing and you definitely have a knack for creating. i must ask did you have to do alot of modifying to the original design to make it work for a cart design or did you mainly just build on to it.

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

#11 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members

• 981 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2012 - 11:32 PM

As per

And Done

well well well. i am mighty impressed. i will admit i was surprised that you actually took my idea and made it a physical thing. i love the way you did the back wheels larger. and i love how you used kopeke as the example. it is kinda of weird that he would be using a drill unless he was boring through ice, which could be possible. overall i give it a 10/10. you are amazing and you definitely have a knack for creating. i must ask did you have to do alot of modifying to the original design to make it work for a cart design or did you mainly just build on to it.

A little of both, it took half an hour tops. The hardest parts were actually the front wheels and the handles. If the Driller was too low, then it would make the Matoran holding it a bit awkward. Also, the front wheels have to be positioned in such a way so it would lock into place with the base of the drill or the rear wheels.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users