• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

What Changes, If Any, To Bzp Would Make You Leave?

Leaving BZPower changes

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,957 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 06:44 AM

What would destroy your enjoyment on here so much that you say "That's enough; I'm gone?"

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#2 Online Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 07:21 AM

Removing the Bionicle focus of the site, removing the Comics and RPG forums (Though why would anyone do THAT?), and possibly another Great Cataclysm Downtime. (Wait, is there a difference?) I mean, I love the new skin and features, but it was not worth a downtime that removed most of the content and made half the population leave (Dark709's third movie was something I REALLY looked forward to completion, and he left).

#3 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 23-July 07
  • 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 07:54 AM

Dunno. Maybe removing CoT.

#4 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 31-August 09
  • 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 08:34 AM

Removing the BIONICLE focus, obviously. Removing such forums as Artwork III would just make me want to stay more. :P Nothing would really make me leave unless they removed the Library, though, or any of the BIONICLE significance. Either of those reasons, or if some of my best friends left the site and I had no way to contact them, because that's one of the only three or four reasons I stay on here.
On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#5 Online Actually... I'm Santa

Actually... I'm Santa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 12-October 03
  • 1,368 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hmm... Lifting the cool dude word filter, allowing inappropriate content (PG-13 is a nice limit in my opinion), if the staff turned into heartless robots (seriously, I may not know all of them, but the ones I've seen around are pretty nice. Not to mention their sense of humor. XP), if they took the skin suggestion and omitted a green format (the horror) and if I were banned due to the color green being banned from the site for... reasons (they're there and they totally exist in logical form which would make the event plausible! I swear! D= )So, if all of that went down, I'd probably leave the site. Doubt that's going to happen anytime soon, though. XP

#6 Online Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 08:52 AM

Removing the BIONICLE focus, obviously. Removing such forums as Artwork III would just make me want to stay more. :P Nothing would really make me leave unless they removed the Library, though, or any of the BIONICLE significance. Either of those reasons, or if some of my best friends left the site and I had no way to contact them, because that's one of the only three or four reasons I stay on here.

I find that EXCEEDINGLY offensive. What do you have against Comics?

#7 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 15-March 03
  • 11,572 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 08:54 AM

Obviously, I would leave if the "cool dude" and "I'm annoying" filter were changed in any way shape or form.

15863389948_205b2ce1e0.jpg

Yes I can see now, we're having fun in the end

Now it all makes sense

#8 Offline I Am A Walrus

I Am A Walrus
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 09-April 10
  • 5,563 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'd most likely leave if the Bionicle focus of the site were removed. Otherwise, I'd stay no matter what.

What's up? I'm a Walrus now. B-)

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#9 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 31-August 09
  • 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 09:45 AM

I find that EXCEEDINGLY offensive. What do you have against Comics?

It was more or less a joke, but I can't take that forum. It just seems like an enormous chatroom, and the comics don't appear all that funny to me, with the exception of Taka Nuvia's. I tried to like the comics there, and I read about nine of Dark709's comics, and some of the newer ones, and I didn't laugh once. Sorry if I'm being honest, but I just don't like those forums because they attract spam. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but simply stating my opinion - if my opinion is offending you, you can either laugh it off or continue to argue, but I've been honest about my opinion and I'm not going to argue further. Your choice.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#10 Offline Parazan

Parazan
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 15-December 11
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'd leave if the RPG forums were removed.
Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

#11 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,164 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 12:08 PM

I can´t imagine anything that would push me away so definitely off the top of my head, as I always try to see the good in things. :P-Gata Posted Image

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#12 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,367 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 12:17 PM

If the upper staff actually did get tyrannical.

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#13 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 14-March 03
  • 19,350 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 12:24 PM

Lack of internet access. :PBut seriously, I guess if it stopped being a LEGO site, which is highly, highly unlikely.

Edited by bonesiii, Apr 02 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#14 Online Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,673 posts

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 01:11 PM

My, what a positive topic. :P But really, I don't know, as I pretty much agree with Gata.~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#15 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,164 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 01:35 PM

If the upper staff actually did get tyrannical.

Wasn´t that the plan? :PSeriously, though, you make a good point. That could be a reason for me leaving, too, although I guess I would retire from staff first.-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, Apr 02 2012 - 04:24 PM.

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#16 Offline Eeko

Eeko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 31-August 08
  • 4,288 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 01:46 PM

If political/religious discussion was allowed.

jlovfkk.jpg

#17 Online 2nd Lt. Jean Havoc

2nd Lt. Jean Havoc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 11-November 08
  • 1,638 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 01:55 PM

Removal of CoT and Comics.Loss of Lego focus.Lifting of the word filter.Etc, mostly what everyone else said. And of course if I got banned... which is unlikely...please don't ban me for saying that D:

7f12dd01955fb061046287bd68a97ab1.png

Otherwise known as Ehks

Steam Name: Ehksidian

Active BZPRPG characters:Zarok, Adov

#18 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-March 11
  • 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 03:33 PM

If the staff started to massively abuse their powers and began banning random people and deleting stuff. Either that, or if the Bionicle focus was lost.If they deleted my favourite forum(s), I would just be less active and/or migrate to somewhere else.

not a lot of things match my avatar

#19 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 15-October 05
  • 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 05:35 PM

The only way I'd leave is if both COT and the Blogs were removed, as that's where I spend most of my time.I'd still probably pop in from time to time, though.

#20 Offline Makuta_of_Oz

Makuta_of_Oz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 20-February 08
  • 3,579 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 07:30 PM

Same here @ loss of Bionicle focus, ESPECIALLY if it shifts completely to HF.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Baterra are awesome. They enforce weapon laws. Please support their cause on CUUSOO.

#21 Offline BioGio

BioGio
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 14-June 06
  • 1,208 posts

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 08:27 PM

Removing the blogs and/or COT would be the main deal-breaker for me. Whether we kept a "BIONICLE focus" (which doesn't really mean that much to me even as a pair of words) couldn't really interest me at all for the most part--most of the time. As long as this board has BIONICLE discussion, I'm good. (In fact, shifting more focus to the non-BIONICLE or even non-LEGO side of things would just interest me more!)

Sorry if I'm being honest

I swear, this board attracts the nicest people. So, put down awesome and nice people (especially those I actually know--as opposed to those who just say something perfectly appropriate in some thread) leaving as the number one reason I'd leave.~ BioGio

dig

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

#22 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 31-March 08
  • 5,087 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 08:47 PM

If they, for some reason, removed blogs.

Edited by Bambi, Apr 02 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#23 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 14-June 08
  • 2,959 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 09:15 PM

If BZPower just drops the Bionicle aspect of the site, I'd be alienated. Or if the religion/politics rule was changed.

webmaster.png

#24 Offline MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 22-December 04
  • 2,717 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2012 - 02:31 AM

Anything that would disrupt the community. They can make as many aesthetic changes as they want, but as long as the community is still here I'll be around.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

#25 Offline Fairy Paladin

Fairy Paladin
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 11-October 07
  • 4,101 posts

Posted Apr 03 2012 - 02:39 AM

Anything that would disrupt the community. They can make as many aesthetic changes as they want, but as long as the community is still here I'll be around.

I would love to say 'I was ninja'd, but you simply said it first. :lol:Another thing would be my friends leaving, obviously. Which has already been mentioned as well.And probably if the rules regarding swear words and inappropriate stuff were dropped.... *sigh* I am totally lacking originality today ._.

00doubt.jpg

^ click the above banner to read "Doubt", a two part comic connected to the Bionicle Mafia Booksby Voltex!

A Slightly Different Tale | Latest art: The Calm Before The Storm (Hahli Inika)

#26 Offline Reya

Reya
  • Premier Member
  • Trusted Trader

• 23-November 03
  • 11,646 posts

Posted Apr 03 2012 - 07:20 AM

If the site became completely inactive, I'd leave.

#27 Offline Phauxx Lightning

Phauxx Lightning
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Seventh Toa

• 23-September 07
  • 6,363 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2012 - 08:04 AM

PonyPower.Seriously, with all the pony avatar/banners, I'm getting scared for this. :fear:In all actuality, removing the BIONICLE focus would make me leave. Probably, Maybe.
Posted Image

#28 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 26-March 07
  • 8,008 posts

Posted Apr 03 2012 - 09:27 AM

If the rules got too strict. Not that they are at the moment. They just could be. There's a lot of potential for things to get bad.Also, if the few friends I have on here left. That'd be pretty depressing, so I'd probably grab my bags and take off.

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#29 Online Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,328 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2012 - 11:26 AM

If the moderation were relaxed to the point that the majority of comments began to resemble the worst of the LEGO Message Boards or Unmentionable Video Site. Or if non-BIONICLE discussion was banned outright, since the shift to broader LEGO discussion was what brought me back after the downtime.But yeah. None of those things are going to happen, so realistically there's no change that could automatically drive me away.
Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#30 Offline Scanty Demon

Scanty Demon
  • Premier Member
  • Steely Visionary

• 21-April 10
  • 361 posts

Posted Apr 03 2012 - 12:07 PM

PonyPower.Seriously, with all the pony avatar/banners, I'm getting scared for this. :fear:In all actuality, removing the BIONICLE focus would make me leave. Probably, Maybe.

PonyPower can never ever happen why? Black Six is not a Brony (he even said he's tired of the "fad") even if everyone switched to pony avatars and sigs it would still BZPower. For me I think it would be if everyone became vocally intolerant of certain members' likes or dislikes. In other words if everyone started hating a group of members because they liked something. That or if BZP removed the blogs, COT, Library, and BS01 forums.

NGX30lD.png

#31 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Apr 03 2012 - 02:28 PM

I don't think I'd be here much longer without the Library. Anything else is, tolerable, I guess.-Ced

#32 Online Kitania

Kitania
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • pretty pretty princess

• 15-March 06
  • 8,480 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Apr 04 2012 - 03:03 PM

Not too sure really, I'd probably end up being one of those people who just slowly fade out over time than to leave due to some change or other. I do suppose, though, that if staff became all Sidious-like that it'd probably get me to leave (not that that'll happen, of course~)That and possibly if religion/politics became allowed. I say possibly because I'd leave based on how much of a mess it would become. (ie: how much flaming/insulting is going on).

rainbow-flag2.jpgnezumixsion.jpgrainbow-flag2.jpg

#33 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 21-August 09
  • 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2012 - 03:47 PM

PonyPower.

HomestuckPower would far, far scarier. Trust me.Anyway, the only thing that would make me leave would be if everyone started being negative and unreasonable.

Edited by BenLuke-116, Apr 17 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#34 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,652 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 08:08 AM

Anyway, the only thing that would make me leave would be if everyone started being negative and unreasonable.

Quoted for truth. I don't want BZPower to become similar to other forums I frequent. Actually, I only frequent four. But nevertheless I do not want BZPower to become similar to one of them.

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#35 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 20-April 06
  • 2,784 posts

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 08:45 AM

Any changes would have to be ridiculous to get me to leave. Getting rid of S&T would probably reduce my activity, but as long as there are still MOCs, art and library forums, I'd still maintain some presence, and I can't see any possibility of them going.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#36 Online The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Strange But Not A Stranger

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 02:50 PM

The only thing that would make me leave would be if the site ceased to exist altogether. That's how much I love bzp.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#37 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 05-September 10
  • 2,258 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 03:31 PM

How about the removal of the following:
    [*]Toy Fair Coverage[*]Lego-Based Creations[*]CoT[*]S&T[*]GD[/list]

eW9kyVR.png

#38 Offline Queen Grr

Queen Grr
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Riot Grrrl

• 25-May 03
  • 8,921 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 01:51 PM

The main reason I stick around is because of Tufi Piyufi, so if she left, I'd probably jet. I dunno, maybe if some of my other friends asked me to stay, I would. It's tempting to stay just to boggle vacantly at the shenanigans.
bring back "an cool dude"

#39 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,957 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2012 - 12:35 AM

Now that I think on it, if BZP became like a bunch of other forums on the Internet, full of adolesant savagery and lacking in inteligent debate...like that place that starts with an F, then I would split. Sadly, I'm starting to see that influence slowly seep in...:( :( Do you guys know what I'm talking about?

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#40 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,804 posts

Posted Apr 17 2012 - 07:15 AM

I'd say if the site restructured to be less inclusive of non-BIONICLE or even just non-constraction themes, that would probably be a serious incentive for me to leave. I might not leave immediately, but if it turned out that I wasn't getting the same level of LEGO discussion here then I'd certainly become less interested and active.I tend to put up with a lot of changes so I can't say any abrupt change I can envision would really make me leave immediately. Gradual changes in the community, such as people becoming less accepting of other LEGO themes, conversations becoming less mature and constructive, etc. might make me lose interest, though.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users