What Changes, If Any, To Bzp Would Make You Leave?

fishers64

Removing the Bionicle focus of the site, removing the Comics and RPG forums (Though why would anyone do THAT?), and possibly another Great Cataclysm Downtime. (Wait, is there a difference?) I mean, I love the new skin and features, but it was not worth a downtime that removed most of the content and made half the population leave (Dark709's third movie was something I REALLY looked forward to completion, and he left).

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Removing the BIONICLE focus, obviously. Removing such forums as Artwork III would just make me want to stay more. :P Nothing would really make me leave unless they removed the Library, though, or any of the BIONICLE significance. Either of those reasons, or if some of my best friends left the site and I had no way to contact them, because that's one of the only three or four reasons I stay on here.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Hmm... Lifting the cool dude word filter, allowing inappropriate content (PG-13 is a nice limit in my opinion), if the staff turned into heartless robots (seriously, I may not know all of them, but the ones I've seen around are pretty nice. Not to mention their sense of humor. XP), if they took the skin suggestion and omitted a green format (the horror) and if I were banned due to the color green being banned from the site for... reasons (they're there and they totally exist in logical form which would make the event plausible! I swear! D= )So, if all of that went down, I'd probably leave the site. Doubt that's going to happen anytime soon, though. XP

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Removing the BIONICLE focus, obviously. Removing such forums as Artwork III would just make me want to stay more. :P Nothing would really make me leave unless they removed the Library, though, or any of the BIONICLE significance. Either of those reasons, or if some of my best friends left the site and I had no way to contact them, because that's one of the only three or four reasons I stay on here.

I find that EXCEEDINGLY offensive. What do you have against Comics?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I find that EXCEEDINGLY offensive. What do you have against Comics?
It was more or less a joke, but I can't take that forum. It just seems like an enormous chatroom, and the comics don't appear all that funny to me, with the exception of Taka Nuvia's. I tried to like the comics there, and I read about nine of Dark709's comics, and some of the newer ones, and I didn't laugh once. Sorry if I'm being honest, but I just don't like those forums because they attract spam. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but simply stating my opinion - if my opinion is offending you, you can either laugh it off or continue to argue, but I've been honest about my opinion and I'm not going to argue further. Your choice.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Lack of internet access. :PBut seriously, I guess if it stopped being a LEGO site, which is highly, highly unlikely.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

If the upper staff actually did get tyrannical.

Wasn´t that the plan? :PSeriously, though, you make a good point. That could be a reason for me leaving, too, although I guess I would retire from staff first.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Removing the blogs and/or COT would be the main deal-breaker for me. Whether we kept a "BIONICLE focus" (which doesn't really mean that much to me even as a pair of words) couldn't really interest me at all for the most part--most of the time. As long as this board has BIONICLE discussion, I'm good. (In fact, shifting more focus to the non-BIONICLE or even non-LEGO side of things would just interest me more!)

Sorry if I'm being honest

I swear, this board attracts the nicest people. So, put down awesome and nice people (especially those I actually know--as opposed to those who just say something perfectly appropriate in some thread) leaving as the number one reason I'd leave.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Anything that would disrupt the community. They can make as many aesthetic changes as they want, but as long as the community is still here I'll be around.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Anything that would disrupt the community. They can make as many aesthetic changes as they want, but as long as the community is still here I'll be around.

I would love to say 'I was ninja'd, but you simply said it first. :lol:Another thing would be my friends leaving, obviously. Which has already been mentioned as well.And probably if the rules regarding swear words and inappropriate stuff were dropped.... *sigh* I am totally lacking originality today ._.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

If the moderation were relaxed to the point that the majority of comments began to resemble the worst of the LEGO Message Boards or Unmentionable Video Site. Or if non-BIONICLE discussion was banned outright, since the shift to broader LEGO discussion was what brought me back after the downtime.But yeah. None of those things are going to happen, so realistically there's no change that could automatically drive me away.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

PonyPower.Seriously, with all the pony avatar/banners, I'm getting scared for this. :fear:In all actuality, removing the BIONICLE focus would make me leave. Probably, Maybe.

PonyPower can never ever happen why? Black Six is not a Brony (he even said he's tired of the "fad") even if everyone switched to pony avatars and sigs it would still BZPower. For me I think it would be if everyone became vocally intolerant of certain members' likes or dislikes. In other words if everyone started hating a group of members because they liked something. That or if BZP removed the blogs, COT, Library, and BS01 forums.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Not too sure really, I'd probably end up being one of those people who just slowly fade out over time than to leave due to some change or other. I do suppose, though, that if staff became all Sidious-like that it'd probably get me to leave (not that that'll happen, of course~)That and possibly if religion/politics became allowed. I say possibly because I'd leave based on how much of a mess it would become. (ie: how much flaming/insulting is going on).

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I think on it, if BZP became like a bunch of other forums on the Internet, full of adolesant savagery and lacking in inteligent debate...like that place that starts with an F, then I would split. Sadly, I'm starting to see that influence slowly seep in...:( :( Do you guys know what I'm talking about?

I'd say if the site restructured to be less inclusive of non-BIONICLE or even just non-constraction themes, that would probably be a serious incentive for me to leave. I might not leave immediately, but if it turned out that I wasn't getting the same level of LEGO discussion here then I'd certainly become less interested and active.I tend to put up with a lot of changes so I can't say any abrupt change I can envision would really make me leave immediately. Gradual changes in the community, such as people becoming less accepting of other LEGO themes, conversations becoming less mature and constructive, etc. might make me lose interest, though.