Were Some Hordika Never Hordika?

Did anyone notice the problems with the hordika storyline, espically the movies? It seemed that some of the hordika were never really hordika. Now I know that they were hordika in form, but were some of them not hordika in spirit? Nuju comes to mind, with his cold calculation, and matau was just dealing with the fact that he was ugly. None of them seemed to give in to the rage that vakama did. I know that the fire element is very emotionally charged, but the others should at least have had some anger issues.Just my two cents on the matter.-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

I suppose it just affected some more than others, or perhaps progressed more quickly for them. And wasn't Vakama's rage partly fuelled by Lhikan's death? And being Hordika just made dealing with that worse, probably.- Tilius

I suppose it just affected some more than others, or perhaps progressed more quickly for them. And wasn't Vakama's rage partly fuelled by Lhikan's death? And being Hordika just made dealing with that worse, probably.- Tilius

Maybe, but vakama seemed in control after the crash against metru nui in the movie. He could be putting up a tough facade, but it doesn't seem so. Besides, Air is probably the second most emotionally active element, and matau really didn't have the same problems that vakama did.Edit: Skeleton Man, what do you mean? I don't know if you're saying my writing is wrong, or the script for the movies and books. Edited by Rocka's Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

I've always wondered that also. I always just think that fire is as closer to the "dark side" than the other elements are, so it's easier for Vakama to succumb. Just like how Tahu was affected by the Rahkshi venom, but Lewa was able to break free from the Krana with relative ease, even though Onua helped him. But then again, I can't remember how Tahu broke away from his Krana...

I think the books handled it better, personally. Being horidka didn't strike me as being really ragey, but just more like acting like an animal. We saw Matau building a nest and the toa acting a little more like rahi with animal instincts in general. Plus, Nuju started talking to birds (I believe he learned from Kualas when he was still a hordika, if I'm not mistaken). But, I also agree with what was mentioned earlier; that the venom would cause the victim to act differently based on their personalities.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

well if i remember correctly nokama had many instances where she lost her patience. also i remember in one comic where she lost it and accidently hurt gaaki in one comic. and mind you the water element is almost always super calm ( minus Dalu ) so that does show that some were more fits of anger than just vakama. also remember when the team minus vakama were walking to the great temple and nuju made some comment where he said the sounds of the night were interesting or something similar and matau said right in a sarcastic way. also i just realized something the remember how vakama was tied to that matoran sphere and he was howling at the moon before roodaka walked up to him well that was the same night that nuju would have been referring to. so was it possibly vakama's howling nuju heard? just a thought.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Actually, the story clearly said that the venom would continue changing you until you were totally bestial. The fact that the Toa Metru never became fully Hordika was in fact a central plot point; they had to find a cure before the fell so far they could not control themselves at all. Hence the whole search for Keetongu, etc. So yes, they were never fully Hordika.And Tilius is correct that Vakama's rage was not due to fully becoming a Hordika, otherwise he could not have turned back from it in the end. He blamed himself for Lhikan's death, and for the Matoran being captured.To be more specific, the Hordika were mutated quickly while in the webbing pods, but they broke out before the process was complete. After that point they remained roughly the same but they were very slowly still mutating, and eventually would have been fully changed, if they had not been cured first.And, that answers the question. :) So, topic will now be closed. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)