Rest in Peace, Heather

Unfortunately, stories like these rarely have a good ending. Bringing a sad conclusion to Heather "LEGOGirl" Braaten's disappearance two weeks ago, her body <a href='http://www.queenanneview.com/2012/04/02/heather-braaten-found/' target='offsite'>was found</a> yesterday afternoon. No other details are available.I have a hard time putting my feelings into words, so I'll say simply that she was a great friend and her presence in the Lego community will be greatly missed. My condolences to all her friends and family. We'll be praying for you.

View the full article

That's tragic. That's . . . well, I'm at a loss for words. I haven't known many deaths in my life, and I can't imagine what it would be like if that happened to a family member or friend. All I can say is God rest your soul, Heather, and bless your family and friends. You'll all be in my prayers.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

I did not know her, but I have no doubt she was a wonderful person and a great friend to many. Let us hope she has reached a place she can be happy in after life.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

well i did not know her but i hope her family will manage and that she is in a much better place.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

This is awful...it's very upsetting when things like this happen, especially in a Lego community. I know how hard it must be for her family, and I offer my sincerest empathy and condolences to them. I hope, at least, that Heather has found solace somewhere; she will always be remembered, in her family's and our hearts. Rest in peace, Heather...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

If you're severely addicted to copying and pasting things into your signature, copy and paste this into your signature.

Then call rehab.

Rest in Peace, Heather. ;_;

"Fire never surrenders. If it cannot burn through, it burns around. Block its path and it sends sparks through the air, to begin the blaze anew somewhere else. Fire always finds a way."

—Tahu Nuva, BIONICLE Chronicles 4: Tales of the Masks

My Comic (Link will be up soon.)

My Website (offsite) Livestream - ON

biokid-1018.png

This is heartbreaking to know that somebody like this could have something this bad happen. Whoever has done this should be punished seriously. My condolences the family and friends...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

As I said in the previous topic dedicated to Heather:I know it probably doesn't help, but if any of Heather's friends or family are reading this: my heart goes out to you, and to her. I hope that she may rest in peace.-:t::n:

Edited by TuragaNuva

sigbanner.gif

Rest in peace Heather...my condolences to your family and friends. What a tragic and abrupt loss.

team_axonn_banner_redone.png

Credit to .:MatoroIgnika:. for the awesome banner.

75% of BZPers are afraid to show there love for Bionicle, if you are part of the 25% that are proud to call yourselves fans of Bionicle, Copy and Paste this into your sig.

I feel the same sadness that I had when one of my brickfilming friends was stabbed in the stomach at Wal-Mart,but his story had a happy ending,because he's still alive.The world is such a cruel place,and things like this happen constantly. Let us hope she has reached a place where she will be happy and safe. For all time.

Edited by Parazan

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Such a sad way to die i just hope here family and friends will be ok. She had more to life then just being a lego fan tho we only know her from the lego side i hope she may rest in peace and may god show her the way to go http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sighw.gif so sad I hope she has a lighten pathh like when you use a Ruru :ruru:

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Today begins a brand new dayAn open world beyond. For a person some of us knew, And a few of us were fond. Released from this broken world of time, This broken world that took you,That cut you off and sent you away,Before we could mark the time. Leaving behind a string of memory,Moments of delight. Wound into a ball of sadness that crushes you so tight. But a slender thread escaped from there, A slender bitter line. From which, on the spinning wheel,Spins out this little rhyme. 

"To me the honour is sufficient of belonging to the universe -- such a great universe, and so grand a scheme of things. Not even Death can rob me of that honour. For nothing can alter the fact that I have lived; I have been I, if for ever so short a time." -- W. N. P. Barbellion, The Journal of a Disappointed ManIt may not mean much, but my heart goes out Heather and her family. I may not have known her personally, but any loss like this should be mourned by everyone. Our commuty has lost a friend, and more importantly a family has lost a daughter. Or maybe even a sister, a niece... It's a shame we live in a world where this happens everyday.P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!!:tohu:

Nothin' to see here folks. Just keep movin' along.

As I said in the previous topic, my heart is with her family and friends. I didn't know her, but I'm sure this is a horrible loss for the LEGO community.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

As I said in the other topic, it´s hard to find fitting words and no words could make up for this loss anyway, so I´ll just give my condolences to her family and to you and all her other friends. I hope the reasons behind this tragedy can be fully clarified and that if this was a murder, whoever did this can be brought to justice.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I don't know what to say... This is horrible. She didn't deserver to die. No one does. If it was a murder they are a monster.Wishes to her Family and friends.

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

We can only hope that, wherever Heather is now, she's in a better place than this broken world we live in.Rest in peace, Heather.

Togariku: What the- where did YOU come from?!

Lhikan: Denmark. Or do you mean just now?

The best comedy that has ever been on BZPower: My Life With The Bionicles by Dominus Temporis A.K.A Togariku. (Please don't post, it's dead).

Others have stated my feelings more clearly. I am sorry she's gone and offer all the comfort these words can convey to you and her family.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

As somebody had told me in a comment on a social network, it it highly possible that Heather took her own life. Her mother reported to several news sources that Heather had been experiencing severe depression, which could have led her to this decision.It's sad to think that people believe that suicide is their only option, but unfortunately that's how some people's minds work.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

As somebody had told me in a comment on a social network, it it highly possible that Heather took her own life. Her mother reported to several news sources that Heather had been experiencing severe depression, which could have led her to this decision.It's sad to think that people believe that suicide is their only option, but unfortunately that's how some people's minds work.

That could explain why she deleted all her social media accounts previously. Well, that´s sad. Perhaps the knowledge that it was her own decision to leave can make it more bearable to her family. But why? As my history teacher never ceased to tell us and as I have found myself to be true, every time things go bad you need to think it they eventually improve. That´s just the way life works, peaks are followed by loews and lows are followed by peaks. Then again, it´s hard to judge how you would react in a depression.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^