Rest in Peace, Heather

Oh. Rest in peace, Heather. But it had to finish this way, one day or another. Death is the only thing we will all share and there's nothing to do. All we can do is to hope it is really just another path. And I sincerelly pray for her it is.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Edited by Lord of the Rings

I can't express my entire range of feelings on this site. All that I can think of saying is, may she rest in peace, and find happiness wherever she is now.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I was really hoping that this was just an April fools joke. Doesn't seem that way now. :(Rest in peace, Heather, you are in our thoughts.

Seriously, that would be just morbid as an April Fools joke.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I was really hoping that this was just an April fools joke. Doesn't seem that way now. :(Rest in peace, Heather, you are in our thoughts.

Seriously, that would be just morbid as an April Fools joke.-Gata signoff.jpg
Agreed. The staff may be a little weird at times, but we'd never try to joke about something as awful as this. (Unless it was incredibly obvious that it wasn't real, like if we all wrote our own eulogies and posted them on the front page)

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Communities of people whose interests are similar can be seen of more as a group than a collection of people, and the tighter the bond is between a member of a community and the community itself, the more the group is perceived as less of a group and more as an extended family.Although I never met Heather - and I didn't know much about her whatsoever until she was initially reported as being missing - there is more to such a loss than simply the death of someone, which is always in and of itself a sad thing.I still recall vaguely when the account of the late Beliwa: Toa of Demons posted for the last time. I do not recall if I was a guest or a very green member at the time of that particular event, but BZPower didn't seem itself for a while after that. Everyone knew of the loss to this community, this extended family of people all over the world, and while a lot of people didn't know him personally, everyone knew of him - and even if they did not, they were still sad even more so than if he had never been a member of this site.Likewise, the loss of a figure in the even more extended family of LEGO enthusiasts will mourn the loss of any of its members. The case of Heather Braaten is sadder still in the fact that everyone who knew her or knew of her will be touched in more of a way than can be expressed if she was not also known by the moniker of LEGOGirl.Rest in peace, Heather. No matter where we are, or if we ever knew you or not, we'll all be touched by a state of melancholy when thinking of the memory and legacy you left behind in this world - maybe in perhaps a more diluted form than the sad state of a death in the true immediate or extended family, but still sad nonetheless for the loss of a part of this loose, encompassing extended family.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

So third reported person to die on BZP.RIP Heather, it's a shame that you had to die a death like this. My heart goes out to her family and those most afflicted by this loss.

Who were the first two?Anyways, you always assume that this will happen to someone comepletely unrelated to anything you ever know. Seeing a death this close to you is more sad. And her friends and family didn't even get to see her in her last moments. RIP Heather, even if we never know you, we wish we did while we still could.

aouROFb.png

My god... this is shocking. I didn't know her, but even seeing Heather's name and the bit about her that was posted on BZPower is enough to make this feel all the more tragic. It makes me feel sick to know that there are people in this world so evil that they would kidnap and murder someone like this. There's no way to properly put my feelings about this death into words, but rest in peace, Heather. I hope it turns out there's an afterlife. :'(

Edited by Toa Alaka

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

I just logged in and found this...This is the first time i witnessed a bzpowerer's death, and it's one of the saddest things i have ever seen. I didn't know her well, admittedly the first i heard of her was the announcement she had been kidnapped. However, that doesn't change the fact that this is horrible. No one should have to die like this, or that young. The fact that there are people walking around the world willing to cause this is a terrible, terrible thing, and, apparently, Heather was unfortunate to meet one of them. I had hoped, after seeing the kidnap notice, some justice would come before things got worse. The fact that she wasn't found in time is a horrible injustice.I only hope whoever did this is found and brought to justice.My condolences to her family, friends, and all who knew her.RIP Heather.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I spoke to her once, maybe twice, and didn't really know her, but it's still sad that some people see taking their life as the only answer to their problems...If suicide was not the case, then justice will prevail.God bless her soul, and my best wishes towards her family.

Edited by RC-1505

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light