• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Official Star Wars Topic

Star Wars

• Please log in to reply
811 replies to this topic

#1 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 31-December 06
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 07:57 AM

I noticed that there was no general Star Wars topic posted yet, so I decided to make one. This is the place to talk about all things Star Wars.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

#2 Offline Nanosuit User

Nanosuit User
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 19-November 05
  • 658 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:03 AM

Can't wait for SWTOR and my favorite Star Wars character is Obi-Wan Kenobi

Steam ID: Opiu18

#3 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Tracer

• 22-July 03
  • 13,226 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:49 AM

Anyone watching the current season of Clone Wars? I haven't exactly been keeping up with that and was wondering if it was worth getting back into. Meanwhile, I'm still a massive EU book fanatic. Currently reading Fatal Alliance and it's... Interesting. So far it's just a whole lot of action with very little care or interest in the characters, which is rather meh. Hope it gets better. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#4 Offline Stryker055

Stryker055
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 04-June 07
  • 4,356 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 09:13 AM

Season 3 is pretty "meh" right now. The opener was pretty dull, but the Gungan episode was actually quite good. I'm not too sure about the R2/3PO arc that's going on right now, but the last episode featured a lot of Wolffe and the Wolfpack, so it was enjoyable for me.

#5 Offline Jonestown Bartender

Jonestown Bartender
  • Banned Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 26-August 06
  • 824 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 09:42 AM

Political and religious content removed. -B6

Edited by Black Six, Oct 14 2011 - 10:07 AM.

#6 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 31-December 06
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 11:00 AM

Even though this season has featured gungans a lot, it is still better than the first half of last season so far.

#7 Offline Varaka

Varaka
  • Premier Member
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 11-September 04
  • 2,694 posts

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 11:12 AM

I didn't like the first three episodes that much. I know it's dark underwater, but the constant darkness made me lose interest in the surroundings after a while, making me want to move on to the next sub-plot of the season. Shadow Warrior was good, but the whole thing about Gungans capturing Grievous was ridiculous. Mercy Mission was a good episode, but I don't know how I feel about the whole "magical underworld." However, I'm glad that we have more episodes featuring everyone's favorite droids. I hated how they had such minor roles in the prequels, except when comic relief was needed, especially in Attack of the Clones. Anyways, I'm not totally impressed with the season so far, but I'm looking very forward to the "return" of Darth Maul and the wrap-up of Savage Opress's storyline this spring. :)
[Minion of Swertboss]
Posted Image

#8 Offline Than the Moa

Than the Moa
  • Global Moderators
  • Senior Q&A Guru

• 06-December 02
  • 9,057 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 01:43 PM

Let's call this the official Star Wars topic, how does that sound?

Yo.

#9 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 14-July 10
  • 737 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 02:29 PM

Riff Tamson's death was kind of a shock for a kid's show.

#10 Offline Kothra

Kothra
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 06-June 04
  • 1,977 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 02:33 PM

I'm not too much of a fan of anything that came about after the release of Episode III, but everything before then is utterly amazing.
Posted Image

#11 Offline Ankarus

Ankarus
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 13-October 11
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 02:40 PM

Riff Tamson's death was kind of a shock for a kid's show.

That was a little violent when you think of the kids who watch this show. There have been worse things, though. (Aka: Episode "Rookies")

Posted Image

Are you ready?

The Clone Wars are back.

#12 Offline DYLAN the SINKING STAR

DYLAN the SINKING STAR
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 26-January 08
  • 945 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 03:43 PM

Don't like the decision to group Star Wars: The Old Republic with the official Star Wars topic. It's a big game with a lot to discuss, and it can become pretty disorganized being merged with all the other things about Star Wars.

#13 Offline Astrotorical

Astrotorical
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 22-March 08
  • 254 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 03:58 PM

They did that with Star Wars: Republic Commando. this topic is about the universe in general so, we need to be specific

axonn, trying to excape my signaturePosted Image

#14 Offline Roablin

Roablin
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 26-February 09
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 04:12 PM

I am currently waiting for my library to get Timothy Zahn's newest book, "Choices of One." His books are what turned me into a SW fan, and are still my favorite parts of the canon. ~Roablin

Posted Image

#15 Offline Kothra

Kothra
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 06-June 04
  • 1,977 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 04:15 PM

It was Stackpole's X-Wing series that dragged me into the Expanded Universe, where I found Zahn and the Republic Commando series... And then I became a huge Star Wars nerd.
Posted Image

#16 Offline MantaxApprentice

MantaxApprentice
  • Members
  • Toa

• 25-November 06
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 04:41 PM

So what do you guys all think of the changes made to the movies for the Blu-Rays?
Help me revise the BZPower Ultimate Price Guide:
http://www.bzpower.c...p?showtopic=951

PM me if you want to help!

#17 Offline DYLAN the SINKING STAR

DYLAN the SINKING STAR
  • Members

• 26-January 08
  • 945 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 04:44 PM

So what do you guys all think of the changes made to the movies for the Blu-Rays?

George Lucas needs to stop.

#18 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Tracer

• 22-July 03
  • 13,226 posts

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 05:29 PM

George Lucas needs to stop.

A thousand times this. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#19 Offline MantaxApprentice

MantaxApprentice
  • Members
  • Toa

• 25-November 06
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 06:09 PM

I knew that would be the reaction. :P The only ones I thought were OK were the blinking Ewoks and the replacement of the Yoda puppet in Episode I. I haven't actually bought the Blu-rays yet in the hopes of the original films being released on Blu, but we all know that isn't going to happen. In the meantime, when I want to watch the original trilogy I watch the fan restorations of the theatrical versions.
Help me revise the BZPower Ultimate Price Guide:
http://www.bzpower.c...p?showtopic=951

PM me if you want to help!

#20 Offline Astrotorical

Astrotorical
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 22-March 08
  • 254 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 06:10 PM

So pretty much, the south park episode they made about updating this movie is true? its a bad idea

#21 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 31-December 06
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 07:05 PM

By the way, I went to the San Diego Comic Con and managed to play quite a bit of TOR. I first got to play some PvP when I was at the Bioware place to play Mass Effect 3. Then I went to the Star Wars booth to wait in line for two hours to play the very beginning of TOR as a bounty hunter, plus I got a cool Jedi shirt. Then I got back in line to play as the Trooper class and get a Sith shirt. Then everything I had was stolen from me. Then I got back in line to play as the the smuggler class and get another T-shirt. All in all, the trooper class impressed me the most. Maybe because it was an early build of the game, but everything about the trooper seemed to be a lot more polished than the other classes, so that is what I'm going to be once the game launches.

#22 Offline Element Lord of Milk

Element Lord of Milk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 17-January 06
  • 1,973 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:50 PM

Vader's new no is unacceptable, I'm indifferent to the ewok thing, the Puppet yoda in Ep 1 being replaced is goo as it's more consistent with the rest of the prequels, obi-wan's new Krayt dragon call makes me want to kill something and whoever made it should be ashamed that they created such a terrible sound. ~ELM~
titanfall.jpg

#23 Offline Astrotorical

Astrotorical
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 22-March 08
  • 254 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:56 PM

his New No? in the words of the matoran, Nui Spiriah

#24 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 23-July 07
  • 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 09:02 PM

The heck? They re-did Vader's voice? HUH

#25 Offline Stryker055

Stryker055
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 04-June 07
  • 4,356 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 11:16 PM

No, they just added a "No... NOOOOOOOOOO" for when he throws the Emperor down the hole in ROTJ. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's still pretty bad. The CGI Yoda in TPM is a massive improvement over the horrible puppet. It looks so much better. Obi-Wan's Krayt Dragon call I could care less about, since it's no more ridiculous than the original (though it does sound slightly more like a scream a human could make). Same for blinking Ewoks. All in all, small things to ignore to see the saga in glorious Hi-Def.

#26 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 31-December 06
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 08:22 AM

Since their about to release the movies in 3D and make more changes, I decided to skip the Blu Ray set. For now I'll stick to my DVD's that include the theatrical versions of the film as well.

#27 Offline Makuta of Metru Nui

Makuta of Metru Nui
  • Premier Member
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 09-August 07
  • 551 posts

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 12:34 PM

No, they just added a "No... NOOOOOOOOOO" for when he throws the Emperor down the hole in ROTJ. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's still pretty bad. The CGI Yoda in TPM is a massive improvement over the horrible puppet. It looks so much better. Obi-Wan's Krayt Dragon call I could care less about, since it's no more ridiculous than the original (though it does sound slightly more like a scream a human could make). Same for blinking Ewoks. All in all, small things to ignore to see the saga in glorious Hi-Def.

I've got to agree with this post, Most of the changes I've seen I have no problems with.

You cannot destroy Me...For I am nothing.

signature.png

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

#28 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 21-August 09
  • 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'v been reading some EU novels lately, mostly earlier stuff, The New Rebellion has been pretty good so far. Knight Errant was also awesome.

#29 Offline jala12

jala12
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 28-March 03
  • 4,378 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 02:31 PM

Season 3 is pretty "meh" right now. The opener was pretty dull, but the Gungan episode was actually quite good. I'm not too sure about the R2/3PO arc that's going on right now, but the last episode featured a lot of Wolffe and the Wolfpack, so it was enjoyable for me.

Season 4 you mean. Also, yeah I didn't like the Mon Calamari episodes as much as I would have liked though they did have their moments. The 4th episode was just a horrible example of writing in this show altogether. It may not be apparent first time around if you're distracted by the visuals but I hated it for its weak plot and unecessary death of one of the only gungans that I ever had any respect for. 5th episode was pretty darn trippy, I guess I liked that one. Last friday's episode was just weird though. I'm not sure what to make of it other than I'm looking forward to the next four episodes after the break since they'll be dealing with Rex and his crew.

evangelyne.jpg

#30 Offline Kothra

Kothra
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 06-June 04
  • 1,977 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 02:53 PM

I'v been reading some EU novels lately, mostly earlier stuff, The New Rebellion has been pretty good so far. Knight Errant was also awesome.

The older EU novels are the best.

Posted Image

#31 Offline Angel Beat

Angel Beat
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 02-April 03
  • 4,664 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 03:18 PM

Mmm, almost finished with the New Jedi Order saga. Two novels to go. Also, I pre-ordered the TOR Collectors Edition. :P

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

tailgunner001.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#32 Offline DYLAN the SINKING STAR

DYLAN the SINKING STAR
  • Members

• 26-January 08
  • 945 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 03:43 PM

Also, I pre-ordered the TOR Collectors Edition. :P

I had to settle with the Digital Deluxe Edition. =(

#33 Offline Kothra

Kothra
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 06-June 04
  • 1,977 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 03:50 PM

Mmm, almost finished with the New Jedi Order saga. Two novels to go.

I skipped all over the place reading that, so I forget most of what I have and haven't read.

Posted Image

#34 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Tracer

• 22-July 03
  • 13,226 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 06:49 PM

Finishing the NJO series is so satisfying. Fatal Alliance unfortunately hasn't gotten much better; I still have no interest in the characters. Ah well, might as well get through it as fast as I can so I can get to the Han Solo trilogy. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#35 Offline Angel Beat

Angel Beat
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 02-April 03
  • 4,664 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 06:53 PM

Fatal Alliance is pretty good IMHO, but it's definitely not close to perfect. Looking forward for the Revan novel.

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

tailgunner001.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#36 Offline Stryker055

Stryker055
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 04-June 07
  • 4,356 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 07:19 PM

Season 4 you mean. Also, yeah I didn't like the Mon Calamari episodes as much as I would have liked though they did have their moments. The 4th episode was just a horrible example of writing in this show altogether. It may not be apparent first time around if you're distracted by the visuals but I hated it for its weak plot and unecessary death of one of the only gungans that I ever had any respect for. 5th episode was pretty darn trippy, I guess I liked that one. Last friday's episode was just weird though. I'm not sure what to make of it other than I'm looking forward to the next four episodes after the break since they'll be dealing with Rex and his crew.

I still haven't seen episode 5; I might watch it on the site tonight. Rex and the 501st (Torrent Company?) getting the spotlight makes me very happy.

#37 Offline DirtyDan5000

DirtyDan5000
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 08-August 06
  • 2,425 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 07:30 PM

I only care for the movies. Well expect Episode I. Empire Strikes Back is the best movie ever made.

#38 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,630 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 07:33 PM

I've been reading through a few of The Fate of the Jedi novels recently, and they've started to get quite interesting. Still need to get Vortex eventually, as it hasn't been in the last bookstores I've checked. ~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#39 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 23-July 07
  • 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 08:17 PM

I have like 6 Star Wars books I haven't read yet.

#40 Offline Admiral Crackers

Admiral Crackers
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16-October 11
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 09:55 PM

As some of the others have said, I agree. Season 4 of The Clone Wars has shown to be rather boring so far... I'm waiting for Obi-Wan's entering into this season!Season 3 remains my favorite season yet, I loved the political episodes, it brought up a lot of neat themes not usually present in a show for such a young target audience. And the season finale was fantastic as well!
Posted Image

"I HAD A NIGHTMARE ABOUT THAT CEREAL BOX ONCE." ~ Toa_of_Legends2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users