Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Oh yeah, never commented on it...

That finale to Rebels' first season was everything I had wanted. Fantastic episode.

It's hard to really remember how I felt about season one of Clone Wars, but despite all my qualms, the story Rebels presented still definitely satisfied me in the end.

~|ET|~

I really enjoyed that season finale too-- was really shocked that Ahsoka survived Order 66. I wonder how she'll react to Anikin being Darth Vader? Hopefully they'll show that in Season 2. 

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I've recently gotten Netflix, and have been able to watch all the episodes of Clone wars that I missed back when it was still on the air. :D

Season 6 was never shown on TV (only on Netflix), so you got to see more then some others have! :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I am among their ranks, I stopped watching after Season 2; though I did watch the episodes with Mandalore (planet) and Death Watch, it made me wish I had kept watching the show.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

So I know that they have said that Vader wont change much when he meets Ahsoka but am I the only one that finds it odd that he reacts more to finding Luke. He never even met Luke or Leia when he was Anakin yet he basically raised Ahsoka to an extent. Wouldnt Ahsoka be more like a daughter to him that Leia?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

So I know that they have said that Vader wont change much when he meets Ahsoka but am I the only one that finds it odd that he reacts more to finding Luke. He never even met Luke or Leia when he was Anakin yet he basically raised Ahsoka to an extent. Wouldnt Ahsoka be more like a daughter to him that Leia?

Eh...I would describe their relationship as something a brother and sister would have, if not really close friends. Based on his reaction when she left The Jedi Order for good, anyways.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Eh...I would describe their relationship as something a brother and sister would have, if not really close friends. Based on his reaction when she left The Jedi Order for good, anyways.

True, but if anyone were to fill a child roll to Anakin it would be Ahsoka, not Luke and Leia, right?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

True, but if anyone were to fill a child roll to Anakin it would be Ahsoka, not Luke and Leia, right?

Yeah, you're right. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

• 7 months later...

The new villain from Star Wars: TFA. And don't you dare say anything against the new crossguard lightsaber... (Even though it isn't really new and was actually in the EU for ages until Disney handwaved the EU away into nothingness)  :P

Actually, the majority of the community considers the Disney stuff to be the new canon, and the EU to be non-canon.

I prefer to think that the EU is canon and the Disney stuff takes place in a parallel universe because it doesn't adhere to existing canon.

Why does it have to be either? Comic books have different continuity universes, why not apply the same thing to Star Wars?

Universe A/1: Movies only.

Universe B/2: Movies and pre-Disney Expanded Universe (does not include The Clone Wars show)

Universe C/3: Movies and post-Disney Expanded Universe (including The Clone Wars and Rebels shows)

Universe D/4: PT, OT, EU, clone wars.

Unless I'm confused by the whole pre/post disney thing.

The Clone Wars (not Clone Wars, the name of another animated series) conflicted with some pre-established info from the Expanded Universe, so some people (including myself) didn't like it for that reason and ignored it. With Disney's buying of Star Wars and creating a new continuity that retconned all pieces of the Expanded Universe that conflicts with the movies or takes place after Return o the JediThe Clone Wars, or Rebels, I've personally taken to classify The Clone Wars as part of Disney's continuity and not part of the previous one. Doing so allows me to watch the show with ease and since watching it recently from Season 3 I've enjoyed it.

Anyway, this is incredibly off-topic, if you want to continue discussion we can take it to the Official Star Wars topic in Completely Off-Topic (forum name is quite fitting for this instance, hahah!).

Okay, I was referring to the one with 3D animation.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, Rebels is killing me. It's getting really good with its central plot but there's still so much filler. I just want to know more about Ahsoka lol (maybe that's unfair to the show but she's such a good character I need to know what she did after clone wars, and what'll happen when she meets Vader). Also glad Hera seems to be getting more screen time than last season and Ezra a little less. He's getting better but I'm still not a huge fan.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Man, Rebels is killing me. It's getting really good with its central plot but there's still so much filler. I just want to know more about Ahsoka lol (maybe that's unfair to the show but she's such a good character I need to know what she did after clone wars, and what'll happen when she meets Vader). Also glad Hera seems to be getting more screen time than last season and Ezra a little less. He's getting better but I'm still not a huge fan.

It's a good show but it could be better. I still have to catch up on a couple of episodes, been too busy toying around with my Steam Controller to catch up on all my shows.

I also recently started up on The Clone Wars (starting from Season 3). Just started on the beginning of the Mandalore stuff, barely started the first episode of that before getting caught up on other things. I've seen a couple of episodes from this story-line (liked what I saw) so it'll be nice to start from the beginning and in order.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Clone Wars is awesome, especially from season 3 onward. I just bought the new(ish) box set of seasons 1-5 that was on sale at walmart too, so I've gotten into it again which only makes me more curious to see Rebels address some of its unresolved plotlines.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I still find it weird that George Lucas renamed Korriban as Morriban before he sold Star Wars to Disney.

Somewhat related to that, did anyone here know that The Clone Wars was going to have a story-line where both the CIS and the Galactic Republic was going to deal with a Yuuzhan Vong scout fleet? It was in the planning stages when Georgey sold the franchise. I REALLY wish he had let the show do that and eventually finish off with the Battle of Coruscant before the show ended, or at least make it legally binding in part of the legal deal to sell Star Wars.

EDIT: And I thought that the previous Yuuzhan Vong revelation was big. Oh-ho-HO NO! It pales in comparison with what I've got for you all!

Everybody hates Jar Jar Binks, right? Wrong, I thought he was annoying at times but he was undeserving of hate. Well, now his annoyances have my praise! What madness is this, you might ask? Well, according to the overwhelming evidence in the link down below I have become a Binkliever (I coined that term), that is, I believe that Jar Jar Binks, wait for it

... Jar Jar Binks is the main villain of the Star Wars prequels, at the very least a co-collaborator with Palpatine. Jar Jar Binks is a powerful force user and manipulated everything in close quarters while Darth Sidious does stuff from afar. His foolishness is only an act to draw attention from himself by bringing it to himself. Come my brothers and sisters-to-be, join me, in this dark illumination!

https://www.reddit.com/comments/3qvj6w/

Be sure to open this link in a new window, as there are tons of linked pictures.

Here is a video showing just one of many examples of his force persuasion powers, how he dominated lesser beings.

And now we know the true meaning behind the title, "The Phantom Menace"! George Lucas did not lie when he said that Binks was the "Key to everything". i thought he just meant that he was a tool used to create the Empire, but it goes deeper than that... Even Binks' voice-actor Ahmed Best expressed joy that someone finally figured it out after all these years.

The conspiracy continues: Ahmed Best described how fan-wide hate for Jar Jar Binks made George Lucas chicken out and rewrite the story for the prequels, and a cut scene from Revenge of the Sith was described as showing a meeting between Palpatine and Binks in private and Jar Jar Binks was darker (it was cut due to having little-to-no context in the plot of the film).

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 1 month later...

Why is nobody talking about The Force Awakens?

Best Star Wars film ever. Love Kylo- I especially like how well his fighting style fits him- and the inner conflict, which feels a lot more pronounced in him than it was in Vader. The small funny bits- like BB-8's thumbs-up and a pair of Stormtroopers on patrol turning around and walking the other way when they see Kylo wrecking his interrogation room- really rounded it off and fixed some of the overly serious tone that the prequels had. My only complaints are that a. Stormtroopers still can't aim, b. That Phasma went down with basically no fight at all, c. That Rey was able to beat Kylo, a fully trained, powerful, experienced Force wielder whereas she had only just discovered her powers and had never fought with a lightsaber before in her life.

Anyway.

I need Episode VIII now.

I r8 8/8.

VBWj75sh.png

Rey was able to beat Kylo, a fully trained, powerful, experienced Force wielder whereas she had only just discovered her powers and had never fought with a lightsaber before in her life.

Ren was not fully trained according to Snoke, plus keep in mind that he was pretty badly wounded (shot by Chewie's bowcaster which was literally blowing away stormtroopers, then injured in the shoulder during his fight with Finn) and that Rey, even before discovering her Force sensitivity, was shown to be able to hold her own pretty well in combat. he also was probably holding back and didn't want to kill her, considering he offered to make her his apprentice and had been ordered by Snoke to bring her to him.

my impression of Ren was that he was powerful with the Force, but also very clearly unstable, impulsive, and a little bit childish which would definitely hamper his abilities.

Edited by Scythey

kylo was definitely the best part of the movie, i think that not only he and his arc is going to end up carrying the entire trilogy but that he might actually be the main character after all, just like darth vader. i think him losing to rey not only in the lightsabre battle but in the interrogation where she can resist his mind reading actually puts him in the role of underdog. even so her besting him with a lightsabre isnt really out of character considering how hurt he was. also him beating his wound when he had a chance was the coolest thing ever.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

That scene's writing was soooo an input from a man who REALLY didn't want to be in the franchise anymore.

ALLEGEDLY. With a production budget of $200,000,000, the three stars (Rey, Finn, Poe) each took around $450,000 each.

Ford's salary was $25,000,000.

WITH .5% of GROSS earnings.

That man is set for the rest of his life.

Also, good movie, it wasn't bad, and that's all I could have asked for this day and age.

~TN726

Edited by Papa Vinc

Papa Vinc...Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...

I want to see where they take Kylo Ren. I felt his portrayal in this movie was... Lacking a bit, Which is probably intentional, what with his training being incomplete. Not that I thought he was bad, just that so much more could, and still can be done. 

Overall, I really liked this movie. It brought back the feelings of watching the originals, and with all the practical effects, I felt as if I could actually see this universe, unlike the prequels. I really, really liked Maz, and hope she didn't die in the attack, I'd love to see more of her.

By the way; was the trench run familiar to anyone else? I have to go back and rewatch IV, but Poe's trench run was eerily similar to the Death Start run, I think.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

I am serious, spoilers here, don't click on this until you've seen the movie. Resist the urge to sate your curiosity!

The Force Awakens was a good movie, however I felt the rehashing of the of themes and even scenes from the Original Trilogy took away from it a bit. One could tell that this is a J.J. Abrams production seeing how he leaves crumbs and info everywhere (good for building the foundation of future stories but was slightly confusing/unfulfilling to watch by itself, I eagerly await the sequels), I just wish that there was a couple of political scenes just so that I could have some background on the movie as I was lost/confused on a couple of things until I got home and looked it up. For those that don't know:

After the Battle of Endor, the Galactic Empire was heavily unstable but was able to rally enough force for a final strike. In the wake of many revolutions and the Rebel victory at Endor, the Rebellion and the free planets joined and reformed into the New Republic. Soon after the New Republic was founded (around a year after the Battle of Endor) there was the Battle of Jakku where after a massive conflict the New Republic was able to crush the Galactic Empire the fragments being scattered across the Outer Rim. A treaty was signed between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant(s), the New Galactic Republic seeking to firmly establish the new government and have general peace in the Galaxy. Sort of like the Holy Roman Empire before the rise of the Hapsburg Dynasty, the New Republic rotates it's capital to avoid one planet becoming to entrenched with the politics and decaying under corruption (like Coruscant, also why it was abandoned as a capital planet); though it cycled through every-now-and-then votes, the two main capitals it would switch between would be Hosnian Prime and Chandrila. This treaty greatly restricted the Galactic Empire in it's ability to wage war and exercise it's military, slowly transforming it into an unstable fragmented state with little power to govern what little territory it held. Years later, a person named Snoke created the First Order (still not sure why it is named this), uniting many of the Imperial refuges under his new state. Snoke was/is the leader of the secretive Dark Side cult 'The Knights of Ren', whose main purpose is to become the heirs of the Sith (the ancient religion having gone extinct with Anakin and Palpatine; currently, only Supreme Leader Snoke and Ben Solo/Kylo Ren are the only known Knights of Ren but I'm sure there are others). In order to show the claim to power they boast (heirs ot the Galactic Empire and the Sith Order), Snoke starts the construction of Starkiller Base Leia Organa, now a politician in the New Republic, saw the Galactic Empire's remnants being reformed into the First Order and is wary of the potential danger they bare. While approaching the senate with pleas to handle The First Order before it grows too strong, many dismissed her as an alarmist and a warmonger. Stubborn as usual, Leia organized a military organization that would independently be able to combat the First Order while being secretly funded by apologists in the New Republic, this organization simply calling itself 'The Resistance'. Just in case anyone was confused like I was, the star system destroyed by Starkiller Base in The Force Awakens was the Hosnian System and with it Hosnian Prime, killing all the senators and the Chancellor and leaving the fate of the New Republic up in the air. Stuff pertaining to Luke is explained (in some part) in the movie.

The very fact that I had to look up the stuff elsewhere took away from the movie, it really did. The lack of thorough background was probably done because of the undeserved hate the Senate hearings got from the Prequel Trilogies. Yes yes, they maybe could have been done better, but at least they told you stuff (maybe too much), whereas here they told you too little. And it is quite a shame that that kind of ruined some of the movie for me, for a lot of it was good.

My favorite character surprisingly was Kylo Ren, his instability and fanaticism in intriguing, even going so far as to kill his own father so as to help purge his natural pull to the Light Side from his body, and punching his injury to cause more pain and in-turn help fuel his power in the Dark Side. I also noticed that he has some facial and hair similarities to Anakin Skywalker from Revenge of the Sith, helping him fit more into the role as an alternative version of Darth Vader (not a rip-off!).

Snoke is an interesting background villain, I seriously want to see more of him. HOWEVER, I absolutely hated that he was completely done in CGI, that close up made me feel like I was watching a Marvel movie. A theory of mine is that he was only done in full CGI because he was only shown as a hologram, in his real appearance (if he actually looks like that, remember KOTOR II!) he might not look as fake (hey, Star Wars finally has full-color holograms, yay! And I feel like something like The Wizard of Oz is going on with Snoke). Another small gripe, I didn't see too many alien species from the previous movies, I think the inclusion of a lot more familiar background faces would have sold on it being in the same universe as the previous movies. Lastly, I personally miss all the costumes and puppets for the creatures, I wish they did that and yet used some CGI as nothing but makeup (extra detailed CGI used for some of the more imaginative variants).

I can't wait for the next movie, the new movie maker sounds great. I hear Anakin is going to be used in some way (force ghost or flash back).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 8 months later...

I have watched all Star Wars Movies (Episode 1-7) and My favorite character is Anakin Skywalker.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible.

Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all. -Tahu-

• 3 months later...

SOOOOOOOOO, what did everyone think about Rogue One?  I thought it was mostly good and I appreciate how they tried and mostly succeeded (I guess?) in doing something different for a Star Wars film.  However, it has enough big faults to be, for me, only an above average movie. 

What about you all? 

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Rogue One: First half was making it feel like a disappointing movie with potential, some parts even feeling like they were on fast-forward (lack of pacing anyone?). Second half felt like a Star Wars movie, especially the end battle. I was all like STAR WARS IS BACK! Oh, and the Hammerhead corvette?! Thanks Star Wars Rebels. :D

One thing I hate is that I only caught a couple of people's names. Which sucked, because i liked the two friends that tagged along after the jedi holy site stuff, the heavily armored guy with the big guns and his blind force-sensitive monk friend. Also, another thing is the lack of a mythological feel; I am giving this movie a slide because it pertains more to the secular side of Star Wars, but now that's two movies in a row. Here is hoping for Episode 8. 

"I am one with The Force. The Force is with me"

Overall, i wouldn't mind owning this movie, which makes me welcome it more than the piece of silver-sprinkled trash that was The Force Awakens.

EDIT: I am still waiting for a Star Wars movie that can beat the soundtrack for The Phantom Menace.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png