Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

You know what? Visionaries kinda reminds me of those big Flight books, only Star Wars. They both have lots of awesome art, they both feature short, experimental type stories, some of which are told entirely through visuals, and they both feature stuff that makes you stop and think "What the heck did I just read?" (A.K.A, the Watt Tambor story).Speaking of which, I need to buy some Flight Books sometime. . .

Edited by BenLuke-116

This is Star Wars. Everything is canon. Even the stuff that contradicts itself.. . .for a given value of "canon", anyway.

Yes, the canon changes a lot, but there are some stories that are written to be non-canon, like the majority of the Star Wars Tales series or Tag and Bink. Edited by J46 Nui

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

• 2 weeks later...

I went with Vortex, but I'll do Red Harvest next. :POn a related note, even though I really didn't want to, I went and spoiled Apocalpyse...

Planned or not (I'm thinking "not" at first), making Abeloth the Mother to the Force beings from the Clone Wars makes perfect sense for some reason. I actually really, really like that move. The Son is Dark; the Daughter is Light; the Father is Balance; Abeloth is left as Chaos. It just works for me. It also makes that event from the Clone Wars so much more important than a random side story. Anakin screwed things up so much...I also really want to know how Krayt worked into the story, but I'm going to try and hold off on that until I actually get the book. Which, since I only buy paperbacks, will be quite a while...

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah definite stalemate. BF1 has better maps BF2 has everything else. :P

:Phave you played republic commando?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

very. the story mode has a unique squad system (AKA you get to boss npcs around), and it has online multiplayer like most other fps games

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I do. Not really active over there at the moment though.Got characters on the EU PvE server Luka Sene and on the US RPG server Begeren Colony.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

• 2 weeks later...

I actually agree with you. True, Boba Fett killed three of the IG-88s but he had alot of advantages. Firstly the IG-2000 vs. Slave I is no contest. Second, he killed IG-88B by having him walk into a trap. I'm sure that if it was just the two of them in a really big room IG-88 would win.As for IG-86s, I really like them. The 2009 assassin Lego droid battle pack is what started it all. They compelled me to buy my first star wars action figure in years and I really like their extreme agility. It's a shame they don't appear more often.On an unrelated note, does any one know whether TIE pilots are part of the Stormtrooper Corp or the Imperial Navy? Wookeepedia has conflicting viewpoints.

That is all

I would assume that, without actually checking the pages, they are part of the Navy. More then just saying so because they fly in ships, I can't recall them giving direct assistance or priority to ground units, except when it came to evacuating/deploying them. Though I could be wrong."Just looked it up": Their page says they are part of the Imperial Navy too.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

That's what I assumed too. However on the stormtrooper page it reads as follows under the specialized stormtrooper heading:

TIE pilots: Stormtroopers specially trained as TIE/ln starfighter pilots

I would presume that they are choosen from Stormtroopers, but then are no longer considered part of them when christened pilots.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
The Clone Wars season premiered today and it was sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Savage stabbing that Jedi with his horns was AWESOME.

I agree, it was cool to actually see a Zabrak use it's horns as... well, horns! You know, I can't think of many times when horns actually do something other then make the guy look cool, it fun seeing then actually be functional. As for the death of that curtain Jedi, I'll admit that I really won't miss her. She was never a very strong character and her role in this episode was basically a red shirt. When someone is replaced by a near identical character and nothing really changes it really tells you how valuable they are to the story.What bothers me more is the continuity snare this makes. Clearly T-canon outranks C-canon but it will prove difficult to fix just like the death of Even Piell last season. If Lucus needed to kill of a Jedi to show how dangerous Savage Opress is why not just make a whole new red shirt character? It would have been simpler and more respectful then rewrite the existing canon.Now considering you closed my last topic HAZMAT, I'll restate my points here:

The death of Adi GalliaOrdinarily I would be annoyed that George Lucus committed another atrocious retcon but considering his history of rewriting the EU I'm no longer surprised. In previous episodes he has rewritten the back-stories of Asajj Ventress and Grevious, had Dengar appear before he could conceivably become a bounty hunter, and killed Even Piell in a completely different method then previously written. Just like Piell, Gallia has received the clone Wars treatment and been killed by Savage Opress instead of General Grevious. From the minute she sat down with Kenoni in that Eta-class shuttle, she mine as well have been waring a red shirt. Lucas seems to like killing Jedi who did not have deaths in the movies and well it bothers me that he continually discards established canon I must admit I'm getting used to it.

Friction between the Maul and Savage OpressI predicted this might happen eventually. The rule of two exists for a reason and now that three sith plus Opress and Ventress are running around it's inevitable that conflict would occur. Evidence is when Opress challenged Maul and got pawned in a mattered of moments. It's sith nature to fight amongst themselves and I foresee Opress and Maul butting heads more in the future. I predict that one will kill the other, most likely Maul with strike down his brother but the opposite is just a likely. Ether way the brothers certainly have a rocky relationship ahead of them that will positively end in their deaths.

Palpatine calling off the hunt for the brothersI think it is apparent that Palpatine wishes to reunite with his former apprentice. During the events leading up Naboo Darth Maul was unwaveringly loyal to his master and Darth Sideous would be foolish to not try and get his ace back. Maul never once attempted to overthrow Sideous when he was his apprentice but I can imagine he might be bitter after he was abandoned by his master half the man he used to be. Maul might not be so easy to control as he once was and Sideous might have problems reeling him back in.That still leaves the problem of the rule of two. Darth Maul and Darth Tyranus will have to compete for their master's favor and only one can prevail. Maul might not take to well to being replaced after Naboo and might have a bone to pick with Dooku as a result. I can see Sideous facilitating anther fight like he did with Anakin vs. Tyranus and Luke vs. Vader to pick his new favorite.The problem with this is that unlike Maul, Dooku is not just a thug. He is charismatic and the figurehead of the CIS, his death will certainly create shock-waves and would likely interfere with his plains to become emperor. Maul would be unable to take Dooku's place as head of the confederacy if Dooku were struck down and in that regard Tyrannus is indispensable to him.This poses a problem. Palpatine will want Darth Maul back in the game because of his previous usefulness but there can only be two sith. One will have to die but Dooku still represents an impotent part of the master plain.

That is all