Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Anyone watching the current season of Clone Wars? I haven't exactly been keeping up with that and was wondering if it was worth getting back into. Meanwhile, I'm still a massive EU book fanatic. Currently reading Fatal Alliance and it's... Interesting. So far it's just a whole lot of action with very little care or interest in the characters, which is rather meh. Hope it gets better. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I didn't like the first three episodes that much. I know it's dark underwater, but the constant darkness made me lose interest in the surroundings after a while, making me want to move on to the next sub-plot of the season. Shadow Warrior was good, but the whole thing about Gungans capturing Grievous was ridiculous. Mercy Mission was a good episode, but I don't know how I feel about the whole "magical underworld." However, I'm glad that we have more episodes featuring everyone's favorite droids. I hated how they had such minor roles in the prequels, except when comic relief was needed, especially in Attack of the Clones. Anyways, I'm not totally impressed with the season so far, but I'm looking very forward to the "return" of Darth Maul and the wrap-up of Savage Opress's storyline this spring. :)

[Minion of Swertboss]

varakabz.png

I knew that would be the reaction. :P The only ones I thought were OK were the blinking Ewoks and the replacement of the Yoda puppet in Episode I. I haven't actually bought the Blu-rays yet in the hopes of the original films being released on Blu, but we all know that isn't going to happen. In the meantime, when I want to watch the original trilogy I watch the fan restorations of the theatrical versions.

Help me revise the BZPower Ultimate Price Guide:

http://www.bzpower.c...p?showtopic=951

PM me if you want to help!

By the way, I went to the San Diego Comic Con and managed to play quite a bit of TOR. I first got to play some PvP when I was at the Bioware place to play Mass Effect 3. Then I went to the Star Wars booth to wait in line for two hours to play the very beginning of TOR as a bounty hunter, plus I got a cool Jedi shirt. Then I got back in line to play as the Trooper class and get a Sith shirt. Then everything I had was stolen from me. Then I got back in line to play as the the smuggler class and get another T-shirt. All in all, the trooper class impressed me the most. Maybe because it was an early build of the game, but everything about the trooper seemed to be a lot more polished than the other classes, so that is what I'm going to be once the game launches.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Vader's new no is unacceptable, I'm indifferent to the ewok thing, the Puppet yoda in Ep 1 being replaced is goo as it's more consistent with the rest of the prequels, obi-wan's new Krayt dragon call makes me want to kill something and whoever made it should be ashamed that they created such a terrible sound. ~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

The heck? They re-did Vader's voice? HUH

No, they just added a "No... NOOOOOOOOOO" for when he throws the Emperor down the hole in ROTJ. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's still pretty bad. The CGI Yoda in TPM is a massive improvement over the horrible puppet. It looks so much better. Obi-Wan's Krayt Dragon call I could care less about, since it's no more ridiculous than the original (though it does sound slightly more like a scream a human could make). Same for blinking Ewoks. All in all, small things to ignore to see the saga in glorious Hi-Def.

The heck? They re-did Vader's voice? HUH

No, they just added a "No... NOOOOOOOOOO" for when he throws the Emperor down the hole in ROTJ. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's still pretty bad. The CGI Yoda in TPM is a massive improvement over the horrible puppet. It looks so much better. Obi-Wan's Krayt Dragon call I could care less about, since it's no more ridiculous than the original (though it does sound slightly more like a scream a human could make). Same for blinking Ewoks. All in all, small things to ignore to see the saga in glorious Hi-Def.
I've got to agree with this post, Most of the changes I've seen I have no problems with.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

Season 3 is pretty "meh" right now. The opener was pretty dull, but the Gungan episode was actually quite good. I'm not too sure about the R2/3PO arc that's going on right now, but the last episode featured a lot of Wolffe and the Wolfpack, so it was enjoyable for me.

Season 4 you mean. Also, yeah I didn't like the Mon Calamari episodes as much as I would have liked though they did have their moments. The 4th episode was just a horrible example of writing in this show altogether. It may not be apparent first time around if you're distracted by the visuals but I hated it for its weak plot and unecessary death of one of the only gungans that I ever had any respect for. 5th episode was pretty darn trippy, I guess I liked that one. Last friday's episode was just weird though. I'm not sure what to make of it other than I'm looking forward to the next four episodes after the break since they'll be dealing with Rex and his crew.

evangelyne.jpg

Mmm, almost finished with the New Jedi Order saga. Two novels to go. Also, I pre-ordered the TOR Collectors Edition. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Finishing the NJO series is so satisfying. Fatal Alliance unfortunately hasn't gotten much better; I still have no interest in the characters. Ah well, might as well get through it as fast as I can so I can get to the Han Solo trilogy. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Fatal Alliance is pretty good IMHO, but it's definitely not close to perfect. Looking forward for the Revan novel.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Season 3 is pretty "meh" right now. The opener was pretty dull, but the Gungan episode was actually quite good. I'm not too sure about the R2/3PO arc that's going on right now, but the last episode featured a lot of Wolffe and the Wolfpack, so it was enjoyable for me.

Season 4 you mean. Also, yeah I didn't like the Mon Calamari episodes as much as I would have liked though they did have their moments. The 4th episode was just a horrible example of writing in this show altogether. It may not be apparent first time around if you're distracted by the visuals but I hated it for its weak plot and unecessary death of one of the only gungans that I ever had any respect for. 5th episode was pretty darn trippy, I guess I liked that one. Last friday's episode was just weird though. I'm not sure what to make of it other than I'm looking forward to the next four episodes after the break since they'll be dealing with Rex and his crew.
I still haven't seen episode 5; I might watch it on the site tonight. Rex and the 501st (Torrent Company?) getting the spotlight makes me very happy.

As some of the others have said, I agree. Season 4 of The Clone Wars has shown to be rather boring so far... I'm waiting for Obi-Wan's entering into this season!Season 3 remains my favorite season yet, I loved the political episodes, it brought up a lot of neat themes not usually present in a show for such a young target audience. And the season finale was fantastic as well!