Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Which 'Han Solo trilogy'? The "new" one, or the really old one that was written before Zahn started the trend of writing Star Wars novels?Because I've only read the old one, but I don't really remember that much... I think most/all of it was based in the Corporate Sector (which should really be further explored in the EU).

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

It'd be the "new" Han Solo Trilogy, then. The "old" one is now refered to as the "Han Solo Adventures." (Sorry for the late reply; didn't notice anyone had posted in here.)So to those of you who played in the TOR beta - would you say what you've experienced of the game has made you want it enough to justify paying the subscription fee? Because I'm still hesitant about that...~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

It'd be the "new" Han Solo Trilogy, then. The "old" one is now refered to as the "Han Solo Adventures." (Sorry for the late reply; didn't notice anyone had posted in here.)So to those of you who played in the TOR beta - would you say what you've experienced of the game has made you want it enough to justify paying the subscription fee? Because I'm still hesitant about that...~|ET|~

I've heard it's worth it.I didn't know they made a new one. :P

Yesyesyes, oh yes.I'm not regretting it one bit.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I played in the TOR Beta this past weekend. I played as a Jedi Knight first, but then a glitch made me not able to play, :upset: So I switched to a Sith Warrior. I LOVE the Sith Warrior! The chat options were EPIC! You could kill almost anyone you talked to! I am certainly getting TOR, no matter what the monthly fee is!

My main was a very nice looking female Rattataki Sith Inquisitor/Assassin. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngGot her to level 16 before I tried out other classes.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Yay SWTOR beta!It's as awesome as I imagined. :PI'm really glad I pre-ordered.

I'm already yearning to play it again. I played a Bounty Hunter this time around, very good class.It's good that December 20th is almost here!
whats happening on dec. 20th?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Are there any good SW games for Xbox? Seems like the only things you can find for Xbox nowadays are CoD and CoD lookalikes. Meh.

Yay SWTOR beta!It's as awesome as I imagined. :PI'm really glad I pre-ordered.

I'm already yearning to play it again. I played a Bounty Hunter this time around, very good class.It's good that December 20th is almost here!
whats happening on dec. 20th?
Release date of SWTOR.

Are there any good SW games for Xbox? Seems like the only things you can find for Xbox nowadays are CoD and CoD lookalikes. Meh.

KOTOR. Can't speak for the second one, I've never played it but apparently it was incredibly unfinished.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

WHAT? oh cmon! and i doubt that there are 30 hackers hanging around waiting to join a server.... darn. maybe ill have to dust off that pc copy.... but i dont like it because it would be easier connected through steam, but i dont want to buy a THIRD copy. :/

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Finished reading The Old Republic: Revan.It was a good story, with fascinating details about Revan.Major ending spoilers:

The Jedi Exile (now known as Meetra Surak) dies.Revan is imprisoned and put in stasis by the Sith Emperor, so he can feed off of Revan's Force energy and gain valuable intel about the Republic.I wonder if this means that Revan will be present in The Old Republic.

f9Qcky7.png

Finished reading The Old Republic: Revan.It was a good story, with fascinating details about Revan.Major ending spoilers:

The Jedi Exile (now known as Meetra Surak) dies.Revan is imprisoned and put in stasis by the Sith Emperor, so he can feed off of Revan's Force energy and gain valuable intel about the Republic.I wonder if this means that Revan will be present in The Old Republic.

Yeah, he's in TOR, he's in at least one Flashpoint for each faction

~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Finished X-Wing: Solo command recently. After I finish the X-Wing books I'm considering starting New Jedi Order.Besides Stockpole's and Allston's novels what other books from that series are worth purchasing?

It gos without saying that Zahn does good stuff. So for star wars nerds it's rather essential reading, i would think most people have here read them before.Consider some stand alone novels. i'Jedi (Stackpole) may be one of my favorite books, and the Courtship of Princes Leia was also surprisingly good. I am currently reading Children of the Jedi, it's slow pace is made up for by its seriously funny jokes. It also has some great Gamorrean moments.

That is all

Legacy of the Force is good, sure, but I think you really need to know a lot about what happened in the New Jedi Order series to understand it. :PAnd Traitor is indeed a must for NJO. In addition to that I'd go with Vector Prime, A Unifying Force, and The Final Prophecy. Granted, that's literally the beginning and end, but if you're not going to just read the whole series, those are at least hte important parts haha.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

It gos without saying that Zahn does good stuff. So for star wars nerds it's rather essential reading, i would think most people have here read them before. Consider some stand alone novels. i'Jedi (Stackpole) may be one of my favorite books, and the Courtship of Princes Leia was also surprisingly good. I am currently reading Children of the Jedi, it's slow pace is made up for by its seriously funny jokes. It also has some great Gamorrean moments.

I've already read I, Jedi and most of Zahn's work. Today I purchased the first Curuscant Nights book. Looks interesting.Probably get to reading NJO sometime in the future; I need a brake from really long series after finishing X-wing.

It gos without saying that Zahn does good stuff. So for star wars nerds it's rather essential reading, i would think most people have here read them before. Consider some stand alone novels. i'Jedi (Stackpole) may be one of my favorite books, and the Courtship of Princes Leia was also surprisingly good. I am currently reading Children of the Jedi, it's slow pace is made up for by its seriously funny jokes. It also has some great Gamorrean moments.

I've already read I, Jedi and most of Zahn's work. Today I purchased the first Curuscant Nights book. Looks interesting.Probably get to reading NJO sometime in the future; I need a brake from really long series after finishing X-wing.
That's a good series.

• 2 weeks later...

Element Lord, have you tried setting it to windowed mode? That strangely worked when I had early access.So anyways, I'm playing Republic on Namadii Corridor (US). Jedi Guardian named Rocinante.

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

I just didn't like the parts with Durga, even though that's pretty much what the novel was supposed to be about. His plotline just seemed completely trivial and it just resolved itself. Daala and Pellaeon made an interesting pair... But throwing that in alongside Daala made it too busy.Oh, and Callista. I still don't like her. Especially because the rest of the book not about Durga or Daala is just spenting having her whine.Planet of Twilight was one of the books I got for Christmas and I plan on reading it when I finish the Correllian Trilogy (good read, by the way, if a little jumpy). I doubt it's going to change my opinion of her much.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

this topic is dieing so i feel an obligation to reboot it.Has anyone read darksaber? aperently it has had poor reviews but as of now it may be one of my faverit stand alone books. What are your opinions of it?

its mostly dying because there arent new episodes coming out, due to the holidays. on that note, what do you think willl happen in the next episode?

I'm going to guess that Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan will fight to liberate slaves from Separatist control. And their ability to defeat Count Dooku is apparently dubious. And Darth Sidious will have a chilling cameo. And Wolffe will be back.(All lifted from the new Star Wars Insider, BTW.)

In TOR, one of the smuggler's companions is voiced by Twilight Sparkle Tara Strong. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngAnd the female Republic trooper is voiced by Jennifer Hale.Good times, good times.EDIT~ Finally finished NJO. Holy snap, what an adventure.Next up on my to-read list: Riptide.

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

I loved the fighter scenes.And maybe it's just me, since I still haven't really caught up with this season (doubt I will; reading summaries was enough for now), but has the entire season shown Anakin doing a lot of things with his Force abilities that they rather shied away from before? Like, all of the ridiculous jumps and tearing things open... I think there was less of that before. I could be wrong, of course, and just noticed it since I hadn't watched in a while.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.